Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Spoiler: Speculation
    Show
    Actually, what if the culprit is someone who accidentally found the technology to turn themselves into a Cephalon, and has become unhinged as a result?
    Spoiler: speculation
    Show
    Well, you'd have to be pretty ... ahh ... off there, to shed the flesh and become an electronic servant.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Show
    Well, you'd have to be pretty ... ahh ... off there, to shed the flesh and become an electronic servant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was suggesting that the Glassmaker might have unintentionally activated the upload- It's not like orokin tech is well understood. Deliberate uploading is also a possibility
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Show
    Spoiler: Cephalons
    Show
    Given that two of the three most famous Cephalons (Simaris and Suda) are servants to no-one, there may be the simple intention to gain immortality by shedding the weak flesh.

That said, there's Jordas who regressed and got flesh again...

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It's been a while. I've only been playing intermittently the past month or so, so I only recently got my hands on Atlas prime. He looks awesome, but he's a little too one-trick for my play style. What I'd also forgotten was how big his shoulders are and how much that interferes when trying to aim down sights.

The investigation part of glassmaker seems a little bare bones, at least the initial scene, but it's a nice change of pace. It's also nice to be working toward something again, even if it is a touch on the grindy side.

Show
    That what's going on has something to do with a (or the) cephalon(s) is sort of obvious. What surprises me a little is that no one is suspecting Ordis. He does get a little bloodthirsty at times and he seems to have misplaced some of his memories of the Old War. I seem to remember from some of the early quests that he was damaged by the Grineer.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Spoiler: Cephalons
    Show
    Given that two of the three most famous Cephalons (Simaris and Suda) are servants to no-one, there may be the simple intention to gain immortality by shedding the weak flesh.

That said, there's Jordas who regressed and got flesh again...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I meant servant in the definition of 'servant of an idea or concept'. Both are archivists. They're locked into the mode of being just that ... archivists.
    Neither can fly ships, or manage a station. They're locked in the archivist position.

Simaris is single mindedly pursuing the synthesizing of creatures, and is prepared to withdraw completely to protect his Sanctuary rather than use the knowledge he gets in Onslaught to help the Tenno fight threats. I don't see any weapons coming out of Simaris that specifically targets any vulnerabilities of the Infested, reverse Grineer genetic corruption and turn them into normal people, and despite the influx of Sentients, we have yet to see them synthesized for analysis

Suda, knowledge in general. Suda is supposedly so pacifist (despite some of the missions she sends you on) that she isn't of any use in a war footing. And is theoretically going to be like Simaris - her Precept is the preservation of knowledge, so her default would be to run and hide.

Likewise, Ordis can only handle the Orbiter and the Dropship...

As for Jordas, well, Infested Corruption can do that...

6. - Top - End - #396
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I haven't seen it well advertised anywhere - I just happened to see it go by through in-game chat - but if you redeem WEALTH as a code at the market place, you will enjoy a free 3-day credit booster (confirmed on PC, not sure about console). Have fun!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #397
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    For better amps and with the basic durability arcanes, I can see that working, but without them... eugh. ESO-level enemies will splatter the player in seconds, and the mote amp's continuous fire means you can't rely on Void Mode to dodge fire the way better amps can.
    Ah, I just Void Mode away and let my teammates/Spores kill things. You don't really need to shoot; 8 waves of non-focus passive XP is enough XP to get level 30 generally (depends on the group and the exact enemies of course). With Mote Amp, shooting is just 100% not worth it anyways; it's just total trash.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hey all, to generate hype for the Deadlock Protocol update (coming next week maybe?) DE's released a Glyph that you can redeem with promo code GOLDEN (clicking on the link should get you straight to the code redeem page). Doesn't look too bad from the tweet. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, I got Grendel's Neuroptics... with 0 revives left for me or my teammate and 8% life support when the timer hit 0.

Nice change of pace, really.

10. - Top - End - #400

NinjaGuy

Congrats. I haven't bothered with any of the Grendel parts yet; he doesn't seem worth the effort. Any tips for the missions should I eventually decide to get him?
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Congrats. I haven't bothered with any of the Grendel parts yet; he doesn't seem worth the effort. Any tips for the missions should I eventually decide to get him?
    Try and get a full squad together via recruiting as the enemies are about 10 levels above reasonable if you're trying to solo, due to the mission restrictions of no mods except Augments.

I found the Defence mission the most challenging as you're forced to kill things to progress (I think I used Mirage with Hall of Malevolence).

12. - Top - End - #402

NinjaGuy

Looks like the Deadlock Protocol is coming this week! Trailer's dropped, and there's a new promocode for a decoration: PARVOS (link will take you straight to the redemption page).

Edit: more information about the update.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2020-06-08 at 11:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Try and get a full squad together via recruiting as the enemies are about 10 levels above reasonable if you're trying to solo, due to the mission restrictions of no mods except Augments.

I found the Defence mission the most challenging as you're forced to kill things to progress (I think I used Mirage with Hall of Malevolence).
    I used Mirage with all the augments and Arcane Energize IIRC (I don't remember if Arcanes work though but I think they do). She works beautifully; 1 and 3 give you survivability and 2 [with augment] and 4 AOE nukes. Just bring a decent weapon (syndicate weapons are pretty good as the syndi proc is real strong) or three and go to town. It's really not all that different from playing normally except you should use your mobility.

We also had a Trinity, a...Rhino? and a random 4th I don't remember. Zephyr would be good for Turbulence to ensure enemies can't hit you. It was actually a fair amount of fun. Though quite easy in the end; we were thinking that a level 100 mission [grineer/corpus] without mods might be about the right challenge for a prepared party of 4.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2020-06-10 at 06:41 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Though quite easy in the end; we were thinking that a level 100 mission [grineer/corpus] without mods might be about the right challenge for a prepared party of 4.
    I'd agree, just don't enforce that level on people who have to play solo for whatever reason.

I get the principle and if I were able to find a party, I probably would have found it fun. As it was, I just found it a tedious amount of trial and error until I found the right combination of cheese that would let me solo the missions.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

For a limited time only, Baro Ki'teer has brought a new primed mod for PC: Primed Rubedo-lined Barrel, the base damage mod for arch-guns. Get it before he leaves for the void again.

16. - Top - End - #406

I bought it before checking what it actually upgraded from and would have not bought it if i had checked first. oh well.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Uuuuuuuugh, why does no one I play with in Public seem to wanna do a Defense mission past Wave 10?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

18. - Top - End - #408

Griffon

Usually its because if they're farming relics then the rotation goes A-A-B-C, so if the reward they want is in A then it's quicker to drop out and start a new mission than to keep going for 3 more rounds. Similarly, Wave 10 is usually the target for some Nightwave rewards, like the "Only use Melee" restriction.

If you want a longer run, have you tried doing the Dark Sector missions? People tend to stick around in those for longer since the XP and Credit rewards are more worthwhile.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

I'm specifically trying to get at least 1 Axi T5 before the 14th, since Gram Prime's getting Vaulted. I know it drops from Rotation C in Belenus, but as I said, no one wants to stick around long enough to GET to Rotation C. It also drops in the Disruption mission on Lua, but I can't GET to that yet because I haven't completed The War Within.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Okay, filtering through 'The Steel Path'....

Hm. "Hi, let's play through the maps you're used to, but on Kuva Lich difficulty!"

Well, when content is being blown through because people see the pattern...

21. - Top - End - #411

Griffon

The next Warframe expansion, Heart of Deimos, is being unveiled on August 1st. To celebrate, DE are doing another giveaway - if you watch their twitch stream for an hour between 12pm and 5pm EDT and link your Twitch and Warframe accounts, you'll get Hydroid Prime for free.

Squiddy Prime is a very solid frame if you don't already have him, and one of my favourites. Well worth leaving a tab open in the background for an hour, at least!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

There's also a new weapon if you watch part of the stream before the Hydroid giveaway starts. And since these are gifted gear, they'll come with double mod capacity and a free slot to fit them into your inventory.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

23. - Top - End - #413

Got back in a little bit and was going to work towards a Chroma... only to find out you can't build it as a solo player (Volt parts). About the only thing I can f2p build any more are melee weapons, and I'm stuck on story progress because Aten in the void.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #414

Join a clan, pillage what you need from its research and then leave clan. Im pretty sure that there are clans that are happy to help people who don't actually want to be in them for whatever reason but still need the items that are in them.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #415

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Im pretty sure that there are clans that are happy to help people who don't actually want to be in them for whatever reason but still need the items that are in them.
    Like my Clan, The Lionguard, for example. You're welcome to join and then never interact with another living human being ever again if you like; all I ever do is research the newest equipment and use the trade altar once a month or so.

26. - Top - End - #416

Is there a clan browser or direct invite system on the ps4?
    Warframe's menus are still... awkward... on the ps4
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Like my Clan, The Lionguard, for example. You're welcome to join and then never interact with another living human being ever again if you like; all I ever do is research the newest equipment and use the trade altar once a month or so.
    As, like, the only other Lionguard member, I second this!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Is there a clan browser or direct invite system on the ps4?
    Warframe's menus are still... awkward... on the ps4
    The easiest way to get into a clan on console is just to go on recruiting, and PM someone advertising openings in membership. You could also just ask in recruiting if anyone has a low commitment clan that's recruiting. Unless the PS4 community is significantly different than the XboxOne community, you'll probably find a couple clans more than happy to have you. A lot of clans are perfectly fine with you not really doing anything, actually.

As for Aten... I'd reccomend Nova, Limbo, or Frost. They should be able to keep you and the objective alive. Although with Nova, you'll probably need Neutron Star or Molecular Fission for survivability, which might be a problem if you don't have access to Steel Meridian or Cephalon Suda.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-08-03 at 04:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

There is also the option of starting up a solo clan and doing the research yourself. Which would also let you start up Railjack stuff for if/when we ever get NPC crews so that is reasonably soloable.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

30. - Top - End - #420

Griffon

Starting your own clan is liberating, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you can literally afford to throw resources into the garbage.

I had a head start with my clan - the basics were built by some guys who no longer play and all I had to do was about 50% of the research and then rebuild about half of it to be more convenient/make room for Railjacks and Lich Training. Even then, with over 800 hours of playtime under my belt, it took me a couple of weeks to make playable and despite my ample reserves I started to tap out some of my resources. Unsurprisingly I still don't have 5,000 mutagen samples for that one last blueprint.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but it's very much the "cannon used to kill a mosquito" method of getting hold of one part of one Warframe.