New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    As for nekromechs, they're a discarded project from before the tenno were taken out of stasis; The only people left alive who remember them would be the sentients, Ballas, and maybe Parvos Granum, none of whom have had reason to bring up a failed prototype.
    And the cephalons. And the notes left behind by folks who worked on the warframe project (and had issues with them).

And the nekromechs, I don't think, were failed. They still utilized them; you'll find a few wandering around Deimos, zapping infestation...

Just the warframes ended up being superior...

The whole 'quest' I found ... lackluster? They even had to throw in a very old Metal Gear meme.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    And the cephalons. And the notes left behind by folks who worked on the warframe project (and had issues with them).

And the nekromechs, I don't think, were failed. They still utilized them; you'll find a few wandering around Deimos, zapping infestation...
    Obsoleted might be a better word. Father keeps them around since he seems to have been the engineer who designed them, but as for everyone else; How often do you bring up Betamax/VHS when talking about streaming services?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

After 22 years I can allow them a Metal Gear reference.
    I was amused, anyway.

The introduction of the Heart as keeping Void power flowing throughout the system was pretty out of nowhere.
    Why was controlling that necramech that caused problems? It's not just them killing everything in sight since it talked to us.
    How did the Orokin not build a zillion of these things if their entire FTL system and any hope of winning the war depended on them?
    Really?

But other than that I liked the quest.
    They do a good job at making you dislike the Entratis, or appreciate their small good qualities. Even Otak doesn't annoy me.
    It introduces you to things all over the open world like it should.
    And the necramech sequence was shockingly good (up until the confusion of the final fight).
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-08-27 at 09:49 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    After 22 years I can allow them a Metal Gear reference.
    I was amused, anyway.

The introduction of the Heart as keeping Void power flowing throughout the system was pretty out of nowhere.
    Why was controlling that necramech that caused problems? It's not just them killing everything in sight since it talked to us.
    How did the Orokin not build a zillion of these things if their entire FTL system and any hope of winning the war depended on them?
    Really?

But other than that I liked the quest.
    They do a good job at making you dislike the Entratis, or appreciate their small good qualities. Even Otak doesn't annoy me.
    It introduces you to things all over the open world like it should.
    And the necramech sequence was shockingly good (up until the confusion of the final fight).
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you meet Grandmother, it's heavily implied that she staged the disaster in order to try and get her family to work together

As for why the Orokin didn't duplicate the heart, it was presumably resource intensive to build, was well protected (The entrati only just pulled it out of the void, which would have otherwise have kept it unassailable by any faction within the system, much like Lua once was), and it seems to have been constructed late into the empire's life- shortly before the Old War broke out, at which point the Orokin didn't have the resources to spend on building redundancies for something they were rightly sure was safe.

5. - Top - End - #455

Spoiler
    Show
    When you meet Grandmother, it's heavily implied that she staged the disaster in order to try and get her family to work together

As for why the Orokin didn't duplicate the heart, it was presumably resource intensive to build, was well protected (The entrati only just pulled it out of the void, which would have otherwise have kept it unassailable by any faction within the system, much like Lua once was), and it seems to have been constructed late into the empire's life- shortly before the Old War broke out, at which point the Orokin didn't have the resources to spend on building redundancies for something they were rightly sure was safe.
    I did notice that SPOILER yesterday, and I had forgotten it today.

That is all believable.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #456

Griffon

Has anyone tried out Xaku yet? They (and it's one of the first Warframes specifically referred to as neutral in the loading-screen splash, which is nice) look pretty cool, but their gimmick seems to be "Void Energy" and "appears to be falling apart" so I'm not very clear on how they're different from Revenant?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Has anyone tried out Xaku yet? They (and it's one of the first Warframes specifically referred to as neutral in the loading-screen splash, which is nice) look pretty cool, but their gimmick seems to be "Void Energy" and "appears to be falling apart" so I'm not very clear on how they're different from Revenant?
    I'm working on getting the parts for Xaku, but I'm prioritizing getting the helminth segment, so I don't have all the BPs needed to build the alloys and stuff for their components.

Just from reading the detailed breakdowns of their abilities, though, it looks like they're pretty similar. Xaku is frailer and more CC focused, though.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

According to the latest devstream Xaku's definitely going to change soon as the players provide feedback so I imagine some of these concerns will be addressed.

I'm nowhere near doing Heart of Deimos stuff yet myself, though: I'm currently stuck trying to beat the Jordas Golem. Even with my Amesha giving me protection, I'm still losing the battle of attrition with it. My Imperator just isn't dealing damage fast enough, and I keep either getting stuck in positions where it can't hit, or where it CAN hit, but it's too close so the Golem's attacks pwn me...
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-08-29 at 07:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    According to the latest devstream Xaku's definitely going to change soon as the players provide feedback so I imagine some of these concerns will be addressed.

I'm nowhere near doing Heart of Deimos stuff yet myself, though: I'm currently stuck trying to beat the Jordas Golem. Even with my Amesha giving me protection, I'm still losing the battle of attrition with it. My Imperator just isn't dealing damage fast enough, and I keep either getting stuck in positions where it can't hit, or where it CAN hit, but it's too close so the Golem's attacks pwn me...
    If you can get an Imperator Vandal the next time a balor formorian attacks, and use the catalyst from the event on it, you'll find archwing content a lot easier. The Fluctus is also a decent choice if you prefer a charged shot, but will require you to swap parts from the various syndicates.

Dealing with the J3 golem is mostly a matter of having enough room on an archgun for the base damage mod, crit mods, and corrosive damage.

Here's a skeleton build that could be added to with whatever Archgun mods you have Basic Archgun Build. The Status+Elemental damage mods from the Formorian event could work to, but the raw damage mods are probably superior here.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Auras should still work, so if you equip Energy Siphon in your warframe, you should be able to get enough energy to keep your health up via Amesha's 1 or 2, or pop your 4, becoming invincible and regain your energy at the same time.

If you can't get enough damage, even with modded weapons, try getting the Velocitus or Kuva Ayanga - either should do sufficient base damage to kill Jordas.

If you're short on mods, join a few random railjack missions and board stations - that should get you enough mods to get a half way decent build.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

I can help you kill the golem/farm some archwing mods, if you want.

I didn't farm them up myself for nothing
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, having built the helminth ulgrade segment and played around with it for a bit, I thought I'd share a few tips I found discovered in my experiments

So, after you build the segment, Helminth's segment is permanently opened, instead of requiring a cyst to open. This will also probably wake him up if you haven't gotten Nidus yet. To do anything, Helminth needs combinations of 6 secretions. You build up secretions by feeding Helminth resources- Different resources provide different secretions. The first time you feed a specific resource to Helminth, you fill 30% of that secretion's stock. The second time, you get 15% After that, it drops to 3% until you feed Helminth a couple other resources that helminth isn't tired of (Getting a resource back to the green arrow 30% fill state seems to require sentient resources, and isn't unlocked until your Helminth levels up quite a bit).

So, your helminth starts out at rank 0, with only the ability to infuse 3 new abilities; (Infested Mobility, Empower, and Master's summoning). Helminth gets xp by eating, infusing, and subsjming warframes. Initially, Helminth has no subsume slots, but you unlock three by reaching rank 1 (easily done just by feeding it a bit). Once you have an ability you want to give a warframe, you can spend a small amount of secretions to replace one of a frame's default abilities with the new ability. You can choose to give that ability to only certain configurations, in case you want to switch up the ability between builds without having to constantly consume secretions (Instead, you just spend them once per ability). Removing an ability (Say, because you accidentally replaced prowl when you meant to replace navigator >_>) is free, but doesn't refund any secretions (So read the tooltip instead of just picking the symbol you think represents the ability you want to replace).

Also, you can rename Helminth at any time without spending resources, and it can interact with your pet. It can't eat them as some speculated, but that won't stop it from trying.

13. - Top - End - #463

Griffon

So, after you build the segment, Helminth's segment is permanently opened, instead of requiring a cyst to open. This will also probably wake him up if you haven't gotten Nidus yet.
    I can confirm that interacting with the chair using a non-Nidus Warframe does NOT awaken the Helminth - I've tried it a couple of times with different warframes and it still won't talk to me.

Hopefully I haven't bugged out my game, since one of the cysts I removed was from Nidus and now he can't interact with the chair. I'll wait 24 hours and hope it resets so that he can get infested again, but if not.... oops.....

[EDIT] Specifically, you need to implant Nidus with a cyst, not remove one. Apparently that's the trigger to waking Helminth, so in 24 hours I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-08-29 at 03:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

One addendum that I hadn't discovered; Helminth gradually builds up an appetite for everything each day, so it's quite possible to get back to the green arrow status without the high level perk. I think his appetite increases every daily reset, but obviously my data set is limited.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

I can confirm that interacting with the chair using a non-Nidus Warframe does NOT awaken the Helminth - I've tried it a couple of times with different warframes and it still won't talk to me.
    I've never even made Nidus, but after completing the Helminth segment I could interact with Helminth.

Currently waiting on it to digest a Rhino, not sure what I'll give it after that.

16. - Top - End - #466

Griffon

Evidently I have mistaken Helminth (the chair) for the Helminth Segment, which you buy from Son - Nidus or the cysts are completely uninvolved, which now makes a lot more sense.

Time that I better go fishing, I guess....
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-08-30 at 05:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

This rarely happens in Warframe, but for once, we're certain of the current optimal build in the game. Check it out for a laugh before it gets fixed.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

18. - Top - End - #468

Griffon

Okay, an announcement: screw hunting those stupid freakin' Deimos bird-things for their tags. What are they called... Avichaea or something?

You need 5 of them to get to rank 3 with the family, and at this point I can't tell if they're bugged or just bullsh** because you're expected to hunt birds from the bottom of a canyon with a giant friggin' mushroom-brain-thing in the way. 3 hours I was at it in one sitting, refreshing in and out of the lobby several times, and never saw one of the damn things even if I could get the spoor to spawn. Meanwhile I then went mining on Eidolon and found a Condor in a cave, 30m below ground, just waiting for me.

DE don't have a great track record at releasing new content without bugs, but I'm pretty damned sure that Deimos is on the lower end of the scale. I just about made it to rank 3, but if I have to find more bird-tags then it looks like I'm bloody well staying there!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

DE don't have a great track record at releasing new content without bugs, but I'm pretty damned sure that Deimos is on the lower end of the scale. I just about made it to rank 3, but if I have to find more bird-tags then it looks like I'm bloody well staying there!
    Yeah, the bird hunting is severely bugged, with the damn thing spawning into solid overhangs where they couldn't be tranquilised and captured.

That said, that's the only time you have to do it - the next rank up involves making things from the Son's inventory and cave fishing for Tubercular Gill Systems, but there's a nice big cave system just under the Catabolic Gutter with ~3 fishing hotspots. I highly recommend using Oxylus, that fishing precept it has, Fass residue and aiming for Vitreospina fish.

You'll also need Spinal Core Sections, but the Vitrospina also drops those, or you can run Isolation Vaults.

Word of warning, start picking up Grandmother tokens for cheap now (Father/Mother/Otak tokens mainly) as you'll need 20 of those for a Seriglass Shard for the final rank up.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I seem to have gotten lucky with common avichea, as my call locations were in open areas, so I just had to look for the glowing bird with the Tranq Rifle's scope, then just wait for it to be directly above me and start to land. Maybe the xbox version has the call pointa in better spots?

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

I just paid 4 plat for them in Son's shop. He had a bundle of five.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-09-07 at 02:43 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

22. - Top - End - #472

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I just paid 4 plat for them in Son's shop. He had a bundle of five.
    Same. After trying for all of Saturday and several hours on Sunday, I just gave up and bought them.

Now I just need a bunch of spines and I can build the Segment. JFC, I just want to clear out some of my old Warframes and free up some of the slots so I can make room for the new guy and a couple of Primes that I have relics left over...

23. - Top - End - #473
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yeah Avichaea hunting can go suck infested tentacles. The weekend Deimos was released Baro had resource boosters in stock, so I liquidated a lot of parts and bought two weeks worth. I regret that not one bit, especially because the booster applies to conservation tags, meaning I only had to do 3 captures instead of 5. Thankfully as with Squark whenever I went hunting there was always a call spot in the middle of the Drift, which was actually doable unlike the cranium spot. I tried to hunt there twice before nope-ing the frell out of that. And whoever decided that the tracks should be THE SAME FRELLING COLOUR AS THE FRELLING GROUND (INCLUDING THE "GRASS") should be shot.

I'm really not a fan of the tag system in general. It just adds another level of grind (which is the point I know), but moreover you need a decent spread of tokens from all the family members. This is so you can get grandmother tokens to exchange for Seriglass shards, and you need TWENTY FRELLING TOKENS for each shard. Which means 60 for the last rank with the Entrati and two of the new weapons. I think I'd traded away something like 15 tokens for standing before figuring that out. At least Mother and Father tokens are plentiful.

Speaking of the Entrati, initially I wasn't too fond of them - they felt rather too "current-culture" human to me, rather than immortal, centuries old god-like figures living millennia in the future. The kids also felt really tropey. Thing is though, they're all fantastically voice acted, and their characters have also grown on me, particularly Father, Mother and especially Grandmother (it almost makes getting tokens from her bearable ). And I still haven't got sick of Otak's lines.

In other news, Xaku's been built and I'm going to enjoy trying them out after Inaros Prime has been forma'd. Evidently the armour stripping build is the only viable one at the moment (though DE will apparently take another look at them very soon and make changes from community feedback), but they still seem like a fun frame to try. My Necramech's also cooking and will be done in a couple of days. As I mentioned I wasn't even going to bother with it based on what I saw in the trailer - but the sound design of all things changed my mind. They sound so damn good, and apparently they're going to be added into normal missions at some point. Necramech vs Vay Hek anyone?

Anyone played around with Helminth yet? I was kinda on a break before and hadn't farmed up any frames in preparation, and I've been Deimos grinding since the release, so all I've done is subsume my base Inaros and put Empower on a few frames (particularly those with toggle-able abilities, as I figure the additional strength will carry over until the ability's turned off).

Edit: Forgot to put that you need TEN FRELLING SON TOKENS for each of the new companions that you want to guild (i.e. actually make useful). There are Predasites and Vulpaphylas, and three subspecies of each (all of which give mastery and unique precepts). I've got two of the Predasites and one Vulpaphyla, and I'm not going to farm any more, because screw that grind.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2020-09-07 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

24. - Top - End - #474

I was cautiously optimistic when i heard about the token system and thought it could work as a addition to the normal system of rep, its not however actually any good (my mistake of thinking DE could actually get something right for once) and instead takes the Meme of warFARM to the extreme, you want rep with this faction then well you better farm like there no tomorrow and then farm some more and maybe just a little bit more because that's the only way to get anything done. In a two tone environment vs two tone creatures.

Although i did break my self set limit on going out there a couple of weeks before the rampant hotfixing had subsided it was enough to do the quest and decide that yeah this system blows and I am not wanting to touch anything to do with it for a long time, like enforced conservation for rep, that's a bad idea because i know im not the only one who hates doing it but no you HAVE to do it for the replocks
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Speaking of the Entrati, initially I wasn't too fond of them - they felt rather too "current-culture" human to me, rather than immortal, centuries old god-like figures living millennia in the future.
    Father makes a Metal Gear Solid reference if you fail a certain section of the Heart of Deimos quest (link). In video game culture, a reference to a 22 year old game may as well be a millennia ago.

In other news, Xaku's been built and I'm going to enjoy trying them out after Inaros Prime has been forma'd. Evidently the armour stripping build is the only viable one at the moment (though DE will apparently take another look at them very soon and make changes from community feedback), but they still seem like a fun frame to try. My Necramech's also cooking and will be done in a couple of days. As I mentioned I wasn't even going to bother with it based on what I saw in the trailer - but the sound design of all things changed my mind. They sound so damn good, and apparently they're going to be added into normal missions at some point. Necramech vs Vay Hek anyone?
    I tried Xaku, just couldn't get the hang of him. I may try the armour stripping build though as I was trying to use a general range build aiming for use of Accuse and its Nyx-like Chaos effect.

I'm really looking forward to the Necramech cosmetic accessories so that I can live out my Space Marine dreadnought power fantasy.

Anyone played around with Helminth yet? I was kinda on a break before and hadn't farmed up any frames in preparation, and I've been Deimos grinding since the release, so all I've done is subsume my base Inaros and put Empower on a few frames (particularly those with toggle-able abilities, as I figure the additional strength will carry over until the ability's turned off).
    I've only been feeding him, although my clanmates have been experimenting a lot. Rest&Rage Loki is apparently particularly good.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2020-09-08 at 03:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476

Griffon

And whoever decided that the tracks should be THE SAME FRELLING COLOUR AS THE FRELLING GROUND (INCLUDING THE "GRASS") should be shot.
    I turned on colour-blind-mode in the Graphics settings years ago, it makes even normal missions much, much easier and it's virtually mandatory for some of the hunting areas.

I'm really not a fan of the tag system in general. It just adds another level of grind (which is the point I know), but moreover you need a decent spread of tokens from all the family members. This is so you can get grandmother tokens to exchange for Seriglass shards, and you need TWENTY FRELLING TOKENS for each shard.
    I think that I like the tokens in principle - it's a layer of world building between "finishing a mission" and "your bank account has automatically been updated with [this many] favours for the day", like they're actually using currency. It's an extra step between mission and reward, but it's only a small one, and I like being able to bank up tokens to use tomorrow, when my XP cap has been reached for today. That's one of the things I disliked about Eidolon and the Vail - I would only do bounties and the likes while I was getting standing for it, otherwise what was the point? If I needed resources I would just go into Free Roam and ignore the plot/NPCs etc.

Being REQUIRED to hunt for tags, on the other hand, is something that I dislike. Even when it's not bugged, I don't particularly enjoy the process and the randomness of the creatures you get feels arbitrary even by Warframe standards. I like that you have to build your rep with the family buy doing chores for each of them, that makes sense, but this part is TOO grind-y even for me. I have the single Son Token that I *need* so hopefully I'm done with his quests forever.

Speaking of the Entrati, initially I wasn't too fond of them - they felt rather too "current-culture" human to me, rather than immortal, centuries old god-like figures living millennia in the future.
    I quite like Daughter - her music is cool, and she gives me the impression that she has other things going on, besides just rotting on Deimos and arguing with her family. Grandmother is fun too - the cranky old lady finally losing patience and taking her useless family to task is always a fun trope.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-09-08 at 04:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Father makes a Metal Gear Solid reference if you fail a certain section of the Heart of Deimos quest (link). In video game culture, a reference to a 22 year old game may as well be a millennia ago.
    ... Touché, I'll give you that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Rest&Rage Loki is apparently particularly good.
    Huh, didn't think of that combination. I have a spare Equinox around, I might subsume him after I get the necessary slots.

I turned on colour-blind-mode in the Graphics settings years ago, it makes even normal missions much, much easier and it's virtually mandatory for some of the hunting areas.
    ... huh (again). Will definitely try that out next time I go hunting (if there is a next time).

I think that I like the tokens in principle - it's a layer of world building between "finishing a mission" and "your bank account has automatically been updated with [this many] favours for the day", like they're actually using currency. It's an extra step between mission and reward, but it's only a small one, and I like being able to bank up tokens to use tomorrow, when my XP cap has been reached for today. That's one of the things I disliked about Eidolon and the Vail - I would only do bounties and the likes while I was getting standing for it, otherwise what was the point? If I needed resources I would just go into Free Roam and ignore the plot/NPCs etc.

Being REQUIRED to hunt for tags, on the other hand, is something that I dislike. Even when it's not bugged, I don't particularly enjoy the process and the randomness of the creatures you get feels arbitrary even by Warframe standards. I like that you have to build your rep with the family buy doing chores for each of them, that makes sense, but this part is TOO grind-y even for me. I have the single Son Token that I *need* so hopefully I'm done with his quests forever.
    Being able to stock up on tokens is I think the single good thing about the system. And you're right, if conservation wasn't one of the activities I wouldn't mind half as much - I quite enjoy mining and fishing are (as long as I have my Wuclone to take care of random encounters while I'm busy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Being able to stock up on tokens is I think the single good thing about the system. And you're right, if conservation wasn't one of the activities I wouldn't mind half as much - I quite enjoy mining and fishing are (as long as I have my Wuclone to take care of random encounters while I'm busy).
    I don't mind conservation once in a while- The issue for me is a) Needing to trade in tags for tokens cuts into what I can spend on Floofs, so now I have to choose between plushies and Standing when Fortuna and Cetus give me both, and b) the amount of standing/tokens we receive for the resources we give is awful compared to previous areas is dreadful- Anywhere from maybe 50% less to maybe only a quarter of what we'd get if we'd traded in the equivalent resources in Fortuna and Cetus.

Also, I realize Conservation is an acquired taste, so they shouldn't have required nearly so many tags for progression. 1 Son token isn't so bad, but 5 avichea (even if they aren't bugged for you) or Velocipods is a bit much.

FYI: Ivara's prowl makes mining, fishing, and conservation immensely easier (although you might need a widget to mine while cloaked). And with 300 energy at level 30 before Flow/Primed Flow, she can stay invisible for a long time. I've also heard that her Navigator ability is helpful for some of the more obnoxious conservation targets like Sawgaws, although I haven't tried that myself.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-09-08 at 09:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

but 5 avichea (even if they aren't bugged for you) or Velocipods is a bit much...

more obnoxious conservation targets like Sawgaws, although I haven't tried that myself.
    Avichea are sawgaw version 2.

Why they thought having to capture the Deimos equivalent when they always had problems with sawgaws ...

And is it me, or do avichea look like infested mergoo?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Avichea are sawgaw version 2.

Why they thought having to capture the Deimos equivalent when they always had problems with sawgaws ...

And is it me, or do avichea look like infested mergoo?
    When they work, the behave more like the Mergoo they resemble; They fly to a spot and than hover, making for an easy tranq. All DE has to do is lock their call points into areas without anything directly above them, and they should be the easiest conservation target in the drift. Sawgaws, on the other hand, flit from place to place on those bloody mushrooms, making it very difficult to lead your target with the slow tranq dart.