New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

I remember having an issue with Sawgaws floating off into the sky once i'd shot them as well, same with the vulture things on earth. Which was great fun.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Sawgaws, on the other hand, flit from place to place on those bloody mushrooms, making it very difficult to lead your target with the slow tranq dart.
    Which is why I always bring Equinox when I go sawgaw hunting. The moment I see one? Sleepy time.

I had too many 'flit from mushroom', to 'disappear the moment you try to line up a shot', to 'teleport to another part of the mushroom the moment I pull the trigger'.

Also great for all the other ones. Burrowing? Sleep and it pops to the surface. In a group that flits away at high speed? Sleep the mess.

It's ... not so much fun with Equinox on Deimos, IMO.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-09-08 at 10:25 AM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

FYI: Ivara's prowl makes mining, fishing, and conservation immensely easier (although you might need a widget to mine while cloaked). And with 300 energy at level 30 before Flow/Primed Flow, she can stay invisible for a long time. I've also heard that her Navigator ability is helpful for some of the more obnoxious conservation targets like Sawgaws, although I haven't tried that myself.
    Her Sleep arrow can also knock out several animals at a time, if you come across a gang of the little rodents or the dogs/cats, and so long as you don't hit them directly WITH the arrow then it doesn't count against you for trying to get Perfect captures.

Shooting a Cloak arrow at your feet is also quite convenient, as it saves a lot of headaches while trying to mine or go fishing and not be bothered by the wildlife and (I think?) is a little bit more energy efficient than activating prowl over and over. Have to test that one to be certain, but I think it's about right and it definitely doesn't break the effect, like firing while Prowling.

And her Wire arrow is perfect for mining gems/ores that have spawned up in the trees. AND Navigator works with the tranq-gun for aiming at birds. Frankly, Ivara is just perfect for resources farming in the Free Roam areas
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I did used to use Ivara, but I think I switched to Wukong so I could quickly cloudwalk between fishing spots. Might give her a go again.

Also, good news! Necramech's done!

Spoiler: Bad news
    Show

It seems like a I have a lot of farming to do. And those drop rates ain't good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    It seems like a I have a lot of farming to do. And those drop rates ain't good.
    On the plus side, with judicious use of Storm Shield (the second Iron Skin like ability with damage reflect, ie the ability that the isolation vault necramechs keep one-shotting you with), you don't need it to be too tanky.

The default Mausolon is a really good nice archgun (can hit 100% crit with a single mod and 100% Status while aiming with another single mod) and has a built in gravimag, but you can easily substitute it for any other Archgun with a gravimag. I've got the Kuva Ayanga which I use in Railjack missions and it makes a pretty mess of the infested, especially I've picked up Sabot Rounds from somewhere.

I need to forma my Fluctus some more but the default 275m punchthrough and a 800m falloff makes it pretty good for hordes.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    On the plus side, with judicious use of Storm Shield (the second Iron Skin like ability with damage reflect, ie the ability that the isolation vault necramechs keep one-shotting you with), you don't need it to be too tanky.

The default Mausolon is a really good nice archgun (can hit 100% crit with a single mod and 100% Status while aiming with another single mod) and has a built in gravimag, but you can easily substitute it for any other Archgun with a gravimag. I've got the Kuva Ayanga which I use in Railjack missions and it makes a pretty mess of the infested, especially I've picked up Sabot Rounds from somewhere.
    That's only with the secondary fire (Which requires you to get 5 kills with the primary before you can fire it, and then needs to be recharged). The primary automatic fire would only have 60% crit chance and 57.2% status chance with Paralx Scope and Marked Target

The Mausolon is still really nice, though. It feels like a Grattler that isn't hampered by the absurd amount of punch-through the Grattler has*. You don't get quite as big an explosion, but the rounds aren't won't fly through half a dozen targets before they actually explode, either.

*Most weapons with explosive rounds in Warframe only have the round detonate once it runs out of Punch through. The Grattler has 6 meters of punch-through, and thus will frequently have the explosion occur far from your actual target if you try to aim for body shots instead of the floor. Although the Trumna at least interacts unusually with punch-through (The rounds explode on contact with the first object instead of once they run out of punch-through), so Sabot Rounds on the Mausolon might not have that problem
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

7. - Top - End - #487

NinjaGuy

Well DE's put some of the mods in the Loid's shop, so at least I have Vitality and Intensify.
    And the Mausolon is indeed heaps of fun to use.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

That's only with the secondary fire (Which requires you to get 5 kills with the primary before you can fire it, and then needs to be recharged). The primary automatic fire would only have 60% crit chance and 57.2% status chance with Paralx Scope and Marked Target
    I stand corrected.

On another topic, does anybody want a Kuva Bramma Lich? I picked one up for a clan mate, only to find out that he managed to get his one while I was logged off.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Helminth + Animal Companion interactions are ... adorable. Mostly.

Then I found myself yelling, "SPIT IT OUT..."
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Steel Series is currently having a limited number giveaway for an affinity booster, a colour palette and a syandana: link.

You'll need to register an account if you don't have one already.

Not sure how many are left, but I picked one up just now.

11. - Top - End - #491

Griffon

I was fortunate enough to pick up a 70% Platinum discount from a login last week, so I allowed myself to spend my "annual fee" for Warframe - it's got as many hours played as any two other games in my Steam library, so I don't mind dropping them a little money every so often.

I immediately picked up Protea, who is brilliant, and Xaku, who.. isn't.

Maybe it's just my play-style, but Xaku really doesn't do anything for me. Their damage buff will probably be very useful on other warframes after I've fed them to Helminth, but his other abilities are just... meh. Can barely even remember how they're supposed to work.

Protea on the other hand is a great Warframe and I predict that I'll be using her a lot from now on. I'm still figuring out how to use her 4 as anything other than a panic button - when I turn a corner and meet a crowd of level 80 Eximus the other way, and I can lure them away and get a free respawn when I die - but all of her other powers are unconditionally great. Highly recommend her, if you get the chance

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I immediately picked up Protea, who is brilliant, and Xaku, who.. isn't.
    Xaku is either on his second or third round of reworks. I think Xaku's getting towards usable by itself, by the void damage buff it gives when fed to Helminth breaks Mesa even more.

13. - Top - End - #493

Griffon

It shows. There's lots of ideas in Xaku, but I don't think they have figured out how to make them work yet.

Xaku's #1 ability is excellent and, via Helminth, will probably show up on a large number of other Warframes.

Their other abilities are just too unwieldy. Stealing weapons off'f nearby enemies is kind of okay, but... What's it got to do with the theme of Void energy, or of Xaku being a 'broken' Warframe? And frankly, I'd rather just kill the enemies or put them to sleep, or something.

Similarly, the #3 ability is very cumbersome to use - cycling through 3 different abilities is neat in principle, but in practice it takes far too long to learn what each of them do and to recognise which one you're currently using, to use properly.
    It might be better if Xaku's ability were like Chroma or Excalibur, and you get to pick one/two of them depending on some setting like your energy colour, or maybe make it like Equinox so you can pick a 'mode' and have your other abilities within easy reach rather than have to cycle them all the time.

In fact, I think I would much prefer that - put the 2 and the 3 abilities evenly into 2 and 3 (so 2ab and 3ab, rather than 2a and 3abc), and you can switch between normal and "broken" mode with 4 to use the ones you want. Put Broken Mode on a timer so it doesn't have too much overlap with Equinox and Nidus, and that would be far more convenient rather than having to dial through several abilities to get the one you want in the heat of battle.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It shows. There's lots of ideas in Xaku, but I don't think they have figured out how to make them work yet.

Xaku's #1 ability is excellent and, via Helminth, will probably show up on a large number of other Warframes.

Their other abilities are just too unwieldy. Stealing weapons off'f nearby enemies is kind of okay, but... What's it got to do with the theme of Void energy, or of Xaku being a 'broken' Warframe? And frankly, I'd rather just kill the enemies or put them to sleep, or something.

Similarly, the #3 ability is very cumbersome to use - cycling through 3 different abilities is neat in principle, but in practice it takes far too long to learn what each of them do and to recognise which one you're currently using, to use properly.
    It might be better if Xaku's ability were like Chroma or Excalibur, and you get to pick one/two of them depending on some setting like your energy colour, or maybe make it like Equinox so you can pick a 'mode' and have your other abilities within easy reach rather than have to cycle them all the time.

In fact, I think I would much prefer that - put the 2 and the 3 abilities evenly into 2 and 3 (so 2ab and 3ab, rather than 2a and 3abc), and you can switch between normal and "broken" mode with 4 to use the ones you want. Put Broken Mode on a timer so it doesn't have too much overlap with Equinox and Nidus, and that would be far more convenient rather than having to dial through several abilities to get the one you want in the heat of battle.
    It helps to just forget about Xaku's Deny and Accuse, and just focus on Gaze. Get 200% power strength, range, then turn enemies into zones of 100% shield/armor strip.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

yeah, Xaku is a bit finicky. I've only just got him and put one forma on him so far. I like his aesthetic, but it just feels like he's lackluster. Not in the sense that his abilities aren't powerful, they can be, I mean, if you just press 1, press 2, and then press 4, there's almost no interactivity other than occasionally refreshing his 4. I think his 4 pausing the duration on his other abilities is brilliant, but there's really no reason to recast his abilities once you've got them going. I've always felt cycling abilities were clunky and his 3 is no exception. They need to be color-coded the way Vauban's are for easy identifiability in the heat of combat. As it is, they are all white and all look close enough together that it's difficult for me to identify, especially since the names really aren't helpful in determining what they do.

I really like the Panzer Vulpaphyla, and both the vizier and medjay predasites. They're nice companions. Aside from the obvious power options, what abilities have you been infusing in your warframes? I'm enjoying putting ice wave replacing titania's 3. It's decent damage and nice range, and works quite well even in razorwing. Excalibur's slash dash was quickly replaced by smite for obvious reasons. I'm trying out fire blast replacing garuda's blood alter because I rarely use it, and it combos nicely with her 1. Mag's crush was replaced by pillage. I'm a little on the fence about it, though, as it sorta does the same thing as Mag's 3. Need something to replace Nekros's soul punch, but haven't decided on what yet.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

I put Ensnare in place of Soul Punch, because a farming frame having a way to pull enemies into groups is amazing... and Ensnare is busted, working on enemies who are supposed to be 100% immune to control effects.

Also, because I'm not going to have a spare Nidus to unlock Larva for a long, long time.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

17. - Top - End - #497
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

ensnare's not a bad idea. I've already got two parts for khora so I'm already halfway there.

On the subject of refarming, I've got most of the frames available. I think I'm missing ash, trinity, khora, nidus, atlas, guass, inaros, and xaku. And the frames I've never built harrow, protea, grendel, and octavia.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

I finally did The War Within!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

19. - Top - End - #499

NinjaGuy

Congratulations Tenno! It's a pretty good quest, though I think DE could really

Spoiler: TWW spoilers
    Show

work on the relationship with Teshin beforehand. The storyline of the quest works, but the emotional impact of Teshin betraying us and us rescuing Teshin is kinda blunted by the fact that if you don't touch conclave*, then you'll have met him precisely once before in the Natah quest. And if you did that quest a while before TWW odds are you'll be very confused as to who he is. It's a very common suggestion but it should be Teshin, not the Lotus, who narrates the mastery rank level up tests. It would actually put him in the relationship of a teacher and make the quest so much better.

But in any case, the whole reveal that the Tenno had to kill their parents and the evolution of the operator/transference system was great.

*And nobody touches conclave

What were your thoughts on it?

I highly recommend you proceed to the Chains of Harrow quest when you're able - it's the next main story quest after TWW and really takes the lore up a notch.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Warning: Build a better AMP before you try Chains. The main story from here on will make a lot of use of your new mode, and no one should make the same mistake I did and try to run those with the default Mote AMP you're given after War Within. If I'd actually had the gear to handle it, Chains of Harrow would have been pure awesome.
    =====

21. - Top - End - #501

NinjaGuy

Oh goodness that's an excellent point. Somehow I forgot how bad the end of that quest is with just the base operator. Definitely try to do some Eidolons and get the cheapest amp you can from the Quills, it's still miles better than the void beam/mote amp.

Spoiler: CoH spoilers
    Show

I can't remember how many times I died during that last section (pretty sure I could find a post in one of the previous threads with me complaining about it actually ). Did the quest again recently-ish, and I could kill the Red Veil guys with my Zenurik electricity orbs, nevermind having to actually fire my amp at them.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Congratulations Tenno! It's a pretty good quest, though I think DE could really

Spoiler: TWW spoilers
    Show

work on the relationship with Teshin beforehand. The storyline of the quest works, but the emotional impact of Teshin betraying us and us rescuing Teshin is kinda blunted by the fact that if you don't touch conclave*, then you'll have met him precisely once before in the Natah quest. And if you did that quest a while before TWW odds are you'll be very confused as to who he is. It's a very common suggestion but it should be Teshin, not the Lotus, who narrates the mastery rank level up tests. It would actually put him in the relationship of a teacher and make the quest so much better.

But in any case, the whole reveal that the Tenno had to kill their parents and the evolution of the operator/transference system was great.

*And nobody touches conclave

What were your thoughts on it?

I highly recommend you proceed to the Chains of Harrow quest when you're able - it's the next main story quest after TWW and really takes the lore up a notch.
    Spoiler: Responding to the spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that was actually the big reason I was avoiding it in the first place: I had wanted to get more ranks in Conclave to sort of establish that we HAVE a relationship with Teshin at all, but for the reasons you mentioned, never got around to actually doing that. I just kind of panicked because that Nights of Naberus event started, and I felt it'd be wrong narrative-wise to do the Heart of Deimos quest before the quests that precede it and establish more about the Orokin like The Sacrifice, and since I've got plenty of time off, I'm in the process of doing those quests.

I'm also super-hesitant to do Quests like Glast Gambit, Silver Grove and Octavia's Anthem that I now have access too because War Within's finished for similar reasons: all the factions involved with those quests hate me, so why would they turn to ME for help (I don't have this problem with Chains of Harrow because I'm maxed with Red Veil and Steel Meridian)? But actually taking the time to farm rep with these other factions in advance feels like it'd take more time than I have to get access to Nights of Naberus (Glast Gambit especially: doesn't quite make sense to get the Helminth system piece before awakening Helminth with Nidus)...

I thought the quest itself was awesome, and I'm glad I took the time to really work hard on my fashion-frame prior to it! Though one part DID irritate me a bit ("Ugh, WHY does it have to be ravenous?!")

What parts should I go looking for for building my new amp? I know there's a meta for eidolon hunting, but it seems like there's two of them or something, and they require getting into Vox Solaris, and that's obviously gonna take a LOT more farming than I initially expected (I'm only Doer in SU).

Also, OMG I HATE SPY MISSIONS!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-10-16 at 05:50 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

23. - Top - End - #503

NinjaGuy

I admire your attempts to maintain narrative cohesion - you're certainly putting in more effort than the developers did

Re amps, some background first:
    • Wiki page for reference
    • Amps consist of 3 parts: the Prism, which gives the amp's Primary fire; the Scaffold, which gives the amp's Secondary fire, and the Brrace, which gives some sort of Buff to the amp. You buy blueprints for each part from the vendor (either the Quills in Cetus or Vox Solaris on Fortuna) and them combine them to form the amp you want.
    • Because the part names are a bit hard to remember (e.g. Raplak prism, Lohrin brace) people referred to them by the order you unlock them. Because the Plains of Eidolon/Quills were released first, the first prism/scaffold/brace you unlock from them are numbered 1, the next rank 2 etc. up to 4. As Fortuna/Vox Solaris was released later their parts are numbered 5, 6 and 7.
    • The usual convention for naming amps to give three numbers corresponding the prism+scaffold+brace you used to build them. So 111 refers to the first prism+scaffold+brace you can unlock, 312 means the 3rd prism, 1st scaffold and 2nd brace, etc. An x in the number e.g. x34 is a wildcard (so you can use whichever prism you want, the 3rd scaffold and the 4th brace).

My knowledge is probably slightly out of date as I haven't done Eidolons seriously in a while, but when the Eidolons & amps were first released the meta was x23 (so whichever prism you prefer, the Shraksun scaffold which fires an explosive shot and the Lohrin brace which boosts status and critical chance). I used a 223 which served me well enough. When Fortuna was released the meta shifted to x27 as the Certus brace gives a slightly bigger buff to critical chance (which is really what you care about when fighting Eidolons). Hence I shifted to a 227. As far are I know those are still good combinations.
    For everyday use - I honestly don't know what people use, as not many people actually use their operators for killing things in normal missions.
    For your purposes, even a 111 amp is going to blow the Void beam and mote amp out of the water, and should be more than enough to get you through CoH.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, how do I make farming Vomvalysts for Intact cores more bearable?

If I'm gonna replace the Mote Amp as quick as possible, I'm going to need a LOT more of them.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Spoiler: Responding to the spoiler
    Show
    I'm also super-hesitant to do Quests like Glast Gambit, Silver Grove and Octavia's Anthem that I now have access too because War Within's finished for similar reasons: all the factions involved with those quests hate me, so why would they turn to ME for help (I don't have this problem with Chains of Harrow because I'm maxed with Red Veil and Steel Meridian)? But actually taking the time to farm rep with these other factions in advance feels like it'd take more time than I have to get access to Nights of Naberus (Glast Gambit especially: doesn't quite make sense to get the Helminth system piece before awakening Helminth with Nidus)...

Also, OMG I HATE SPY MISSIONS!
    Spoiler: Other factions
    Show
    With regard to the other factions, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. The Tenno have been shown to be incredibly mercenary and are more than happy to support a previously opposed faction for the merest hint of a new shiny (take a look at how fast Reactor/Catalyst/Forma invasions are completed).

To that end, many of the faction leaders are extremely pragmatic - if the only way to achieve your goal is to swallow your pride and offer some shiny trinkets to the immortal omnicidal god warriors, then that's what they'll do.

Spy missions are easy (unless you're playing on console) - they just take a bit of patience and a silenced weapon. Enemy Radar also really helps.

Okay, how do I make farming Vomvalysts for Intact cores more bearable?

If I'm gonna replace the Mote Amp as quick as possible, I'm going to need a LOT more of them.
    Try and join a public Terry (Teralyst) run. Bring a big sniper to shoot out his limbs and plink away at his shields whenever possible. Since it's just the one eidolon, it shouldn't take too long it and should be comparatively stress free as all the try-hards go for the tridolon runs (Teralyst, Gantulyst, Hydrolyst).

It's also good practice to learn the general flow of an eidolon battle which will stand you in good stead if you ever attempt a tridolon run .

26. - Top - End - #506

Bring Ivara to steal cores from them, and/or a loot multiplying frame.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Spoiler: Other factions
    Show
    With regard to the other factions, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. The Tenno have been shown to be incredibly mercenary and are more than happy to support a previously opposed faction for the merest hint of a new shiny (take a look at how fast Reactor/Catalyst/Forma invasions are completed).

To that end, many of the faction leaders are extremely pragmatic - if the only way to achieve your goal is to swallow your pride and offer some shiny trinkets to the immortal omnicidal god warriors, then that's what they'll do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a fair point. I already DID kind of help Ergo Glast on the Ambulas boss fight, so ostensibly since we've worked together in the past, he'd be willing to overlook our loyalty to Steel Meridian to help with his Gambit.

Spy missions are easy (unless you're playing on console) - they just take a bit of patience and a silenced weapon. Enemy Radar also really helps.
    You're right for the majority of them, especially since I got Wukong and later Wukong Prime, since I can just Cloudwalk through the lasers. It's just that the particular node I'm struggling with (Pavlov on Lua) has much more puzzle-oriented vaults and I'm struggling to figure out where the heck I'm supposed to be going, coupled with the fact that NO ONE seems to go there or offer to help when I go to Recruitment Chat!
    Try and join a public Terry (Teralyst) run. Bring a big sniper to shoot out his limbs and plink away at his shields whenever possible. Since it's just the one eidolon, it shouldn't take too long it and should be comparatively stress free as all the try-hards go for the tridolon runs (Teralyst, Gantulyst, Hydrolyst).

It's also good practice to learn the general flow of an eidolon battle which will stand you in good stead if you ever attempt a tridolon run .
    You can DO that? Everything I saw about Eidolons indicated it took a lot of pre-planning and specific party construction in order to be successful, and that just randomly joining a hunt was incredibly rude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Bring Ivara to steal cores from them, and/or a loot multiplying frame.
    Ooh, good idea! Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-10-18 at 01:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508

Griffon

You can DO that? Everything I saw about Eidolons indicated it took a lot of pre-planning and specific party construction in order to be successful, and that just randomly joining a hunt was incredibly rude!
    Nah, if anyone complains after you tell them it's your first attempt, it's they who are being rude.

Fighting a Teralyst isn't *that* difficult, to be honest. So long as your own Warframe/weapon is independently viable, and your team-mates have (hopefully) done the same thing, co-ordination only needs to extend as far as recognising Terry's telegraphed attacks and avoiding them together.

I like taking Oberon because my Hallowed Ground/Renewal buff looks after all but the most suicidal of team-mates, and my Boltor Prime spec'd for Radiation tends to take care of DPS. The hard part is avoiding the blast waves from it's attacks, but since I usually spend the entire fight in my archwing it's easy enough to take-off at a moments' notice.

You really only need an optimised group if you're doing the higher level bounty where you have to kill 3 different beasts in one night as that can get pretty hectic, but finding two different PUGs to kill two Teralysts in one night is pretty reasonable

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a fair point. I already DID kind of help Ergo Glast on the Ambulas boss fight, so ostensibly since we've worked together in the past, he'd be willing to overlook our loyalty to Steel Meridian to help with his Gambit.

You're right for the majority of them, especially since I got Wukong and later Wukong Prime, since I can just Cloudwalk through the lasers. It's just that the particular node I'm struggling with (Pavlov on Lua) has much more puzzle-oriented vaults and I'm struggling to figure out where the heck I'm supposed to be going, coupled with the fact that NO ONE seems to go there or offer to help when I go to Recruitment Chat!

Ooh, good idea! Thanks for the tip!
    Lua spy missions are weird. The best way to do them is with Limbo, since the ideal path doesn't actually put you at any risk of being seen, and he can pass throught the lasers in void mode. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0L69FkF-w This is the guide that taught me to get through them.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a bounty for the Teralyst, anyone who joins an open bounty group instead of finding a premade team is accepting that they'll be grouped with randoms.
    =====