New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    You can DO that? Everything I saw about Eidolons indicated it took a lot of pre-planning and specific party construction in order to be successful, and that just randomly joining a hunt was incredibly rude!
    Further to what others have said, it's the Tridolon bounties that takes pre-planning and party construction, specifically with the aim of completing multiple runs a night (a minimum of 3, more typically 5+).

If you intentionally join a public bounty, then pubbies is what you get, with all the competency expectations that entails, so they really shouldn't complain if you're participating to your best.

A single Terry run isn't difficult - I'm not especially good at Eidolons and I can solo a Terry in around 8-10 minutes (most of that time is getting and charging the lures). Anybody else helping is icing on the cake, so don't worry about not being able to contribute.

My son got into Warframe (on the PS4 alas) over lockdown and it's entertaining seeing him and his friends blunder their way through a Teralyst (after multiple attempts, they can sometimes manage one capture/kill a night), so don't worry too much about having a mote amp (although try and upgrade off it as soon as possible). If anything, it's the wisps that are harder to get.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Lua spy missions are weird. The best way to do them is with Limbo, since the ideal path doesn't actually put you at any risk of being seen, and he can pass throught the lasers in void mode. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0L69FkF-w This is the guide that taught me to get through them.
    This was super-helpful! Limbo made all the difference, it seems. Thanks, Squark!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

This was super-helpful! Limbo made all the difference, it seems. Thanks, Squark!
    It pretty much works solely for the fact there are no enemies that will trigger alarms on sight - it's just interruption beams.

Now, for the ones with enemies that DO trigger on sight, I use a high duration, low strength Ash with a Baza, or any silenced weapon (for sensor bars).

Sort of like this
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

That would require me to actually HAVE an Ash, and the easiest places to farm his parts are Defection missions that NOBODY ever goes to.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

That would require me to actually HAVE an Ash, and the easiest places to farm his parts are Defection missions that NOBODY ever goes to.
    I have relics for Ash Prime, and I'm working on Standard Ash for Helminth. Okay, it's not the best of his toolset, but 100% completion.

Just hit me up if you need help. I've got both a Khora and an Octavia that work well on that mission type.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Now, for the ones with enemies that DO trigger on sight, I use a high duration, low strength Ash with a Baza, or any silenced weapon (for sensor bars).
    To Zousha as well: Have you got Neptune unlocked yet? In lieu of Ash, Loki is very similar in powers (albeit somewhat more fragile). At the moment, mine gets up to nearly 35 seconds of invisibility per casting, which is basically half the map.

On an unrelated note: The last boss in the Glassmaker is absolute garbage. I *hate* the missions whose only difficulty is taking your weapons off you, so you're forced to jump through arbitrary hoops where a Warframe would normally just annihilate everything in 100 square meters. I tried it for 20 minutes and then gave up, and I'm not sure if I care to try again. It's not like you get much worthwhile out of it.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-11-02 at 12:29 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I *hate* the missions whose only difficulty is taking your weapons off you...
    And disable all your abilities. Oh, and you can't Operator out.

The sword is fascinating, but its trigger mechanism needs ... work. I mean, really. AIM GLIDING? It's basically giving everyone a budget Gara 4, on top of that.

Got it on my second revive, cause it's basically a mix of the Hunhow / Suda fight (jump from platform to platform avoiding the telegraphed attack) and "throw the grenade back at the enemy after you've freed the crystallized victim from the past scenarios".

8. - Top - End - #518

Griffon

My biggest problem is that in my hubris I tried to do it in a level 11, non-Forma'd warframe. Rhino Prime is pretty tough, but not THAT tough so I only have myself to blame.

I *think* that most Warframes' passive abilities still work? When I've calmed down and refocused, I'll probably give it a try with Zephyr - the extra hang-time seems custom made for this type of mission.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I *think* that most Warframes' passive abilities still work? When I've calmed down and refocused, I'll probably give it a try with Zephyr - the extra hang-time seems custom made for this type of mission.
    Not really important, since a hit from his ranged will slowly glass you. It's easy enough to dodge his sword swing and make it to another platform on any frame.

But yeah, I'd suggest doing it on a frame with a speed of 1 at least. Rhino and Frost ... naaaaah.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

New sigil and glyph if you redeem 'CONQUER' on the website.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Many thanks Oni!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I haven't delved too deeply into the update yet, but what I can say is that I love the changes to the glaive weapons. Falcor has been one of my go to weapons since its release and being able to throw from quick melee without switching first is a godsend. Also looking forward to trying out the new volatile mods when I can get them. Stances while wielding glaive and secondary is also really nice.

Tried out a couple of isolation vault runs for the first time in order to hopefully get enough scintillant for the new infested kitguns. People weren't joking about how difficult it is to farm. I ran 5 vault runs and only walked away with 2 scintillant. Similarly, I seem to average 1 per 10 bounty runs even though it's a common drop for that level of bounty.

Ran into a couple of times where fish on deimos wouldn't spawn and Xaku's head is still missing in the arsenal, but overall haven't run into any issues unlike some other releases.

I also dusted off chroma to test out his changes for a few missions. What's cool is your emissive color still determines your initial element, but being able to switch on the fly is something chroma has needed since the beginning. Even double damage and better status/chaining doesn't make spectral scream useful. Hold to activate and hold to deactivate is a little iffy, mostly because of range. Being that close to enemies waiting to breath on them results in either my sentinel killing them or me being trashed as I wait for the ability to activate. Like compared to vauban's mines or wisp's potted plants I feel like I have to hold the button down twice as long to activate and deactivate spectral scream. They should also remove the speed reduction, or at least reduce it so you're not constantly breaking the flow of gameplay by turning the ability on, waiting to turn it off after everything is dead, find the next group of enemies and wait to turn it on again. Maybe instead of making it an activated ability with drain they could make it a burst with a 3 to 5 second (base) duration. The new passive is interesting, but muscle memory meant I didn't activate it until I stood still and attempted to do so.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

13. - Top - End - #523

NinjaGuy

Haven't played too much either, but I did manage to get my hands on the Proboscis Cernos, and I'm really enjoying it! Seeing tentacles drag enemies into clouds of death isn't going to get old anytime soon. Haven't had the time to farm up resources for any of the other weapons though, or the new necramech (which I hear is a bit lacklustre compared to the first one).

I'm enjoying the new Steel Path alerts as well. I hadn't really touched it before on account of how bad the drop rates on Steel Essence was, but being able able to do a few alerts a day (on nodes you haven't unlocked and in matchmaking even!) to slowly build up my reserves fits pretty much perfectly with how I play the game now. I know a lot of folks who hardcore farmed essence are pissed, but I think they made it a lot more accessible to the more "casual" players.

Haven't touched the new Deimos bounties either, they sound like a nightmare to do matchmaking with.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

14. - Top - End - #524

Griffon

I couldn't even tell you what the new features are - for me, ever since the latest update the game has been virtually unplayable.

The framerate is terrible. Even playing solo with the graphics turned to low and no other programmes running it stutters constantly even when I do something as simple as walk around my orbiter - and that's one of the better places for it. I accept that my laptop is getting on a bit now and the fan probably needs a good clean out, but it still runs all of the other games in my library as well as ever, it's just Warframe and just in the last month or so.

Even when I can perform the correct arcane ritual that makes it clear up enough to play, I've hit bug after bug that just ruins whatever I'm doing. The most recent one is when I was out fishing to build the new weapons - the spears keep glitching out where, if I throw it in the 'wrong' way (whatever way that is) it freaks out and starts orbiting me like a yoyo trick, and I'm pinned to the ground unable to move until I smack my keyboard enough to make it stop. I've just ragequit the game right now because I couldn't even get it to do that and was stuck watching a spear spin around and waiting to die while enemies closed in.

Very, very disappointed in whatever it is that DE have done - some of their updates haven't quite been up to our best expectation, but this is the worst one I think I've ever seen. I *might* give the last glassmaker challenge another go, but I think I'm done with the game until this is fixed.

15. - Top - End - #525

NinjaGuy

Ooof that sucks Wraith. I'm guessing it happened with that huge update to reduce texture sizes. Have you had the energy to contact support?
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2020-11-24 at 07:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526

Griffon

Not yet, as until now I've assumed it was a problem at my end. Apparently there's a bug in the latest Discord update that causes games to stutter while it's open - it definitely makes Hearthstone unstable, and there was SOME improvement in Warframe when I closed it down in my taskbar, but it was only a temporary reprieve.
    As well as that, I spent the evening after quitting running all my antivirus, and updating my drivers, and even running a harddrive defrag overnight, just to make certain.

I'll try again tonight, and have a hunt through the DE forums for any other bugs - I know there's one in the audio settings that causes lag if you don't mute/unmute the game occasionally so I'm wondering if that is happening too, however I usually mute the game anyway so I'm not confident in that diagnosis. If I have no luck, I'll try a full reinstall (the update process has had numerous problems in the past, when interrupted by... y'know, me listening to music or trying to watch a stream) and then I'll submit a ticket after that and see what happens.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-11-25 at 10:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Random question, how do you folks feel about that new promotion Warframe is doing with the Epic Games store? Are three free weapon skins (plus the weapons they're for and slots to accommodate them) and some other goodies worth allowing Epic Games onto my computer? It's tempting, especially since one of those weapons is the Stalhta, which I'd have to complete Deadlock Protocol to earn otherwise, but it also kind of feels like permitting a vampire to enter your home, considering Epic's shady reputation (though obviously it's not like Steam is saintly by comparison)...

18. - Top - End - #528

Griffon

It looks like you can log in to Warframe via EGS, claim the gifts on your existing account, then uninstall and continue to play through whatever client you choose.

That's pretty much the most attractive part of it to me. Whatever else is said about EGS, I just don't need another games client cluttering up my hard-drive, and having to redownload all 18GB of Warframe again for a couple of mid-MR weapons isn't particularly appealing.

I'll have to look into it more - if I can make a burner EGS account without linking it to my Twitch/Social Media/etc then I might consider leaving the game to download overnight, get the goodies, and then cut it loose by lunchtime but otherwise... nah.

19. - Top - End - #529

Can happily do without some skins to continue not letting egs taint my PC
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #530

NinjaGuy

For those that are willing to use the EGS launcher, there's this Reddit thread that might help you avoid re-downloading the game.

On an unrelated note, for those of you who do Steel Path, what primaries do you use if any? Melee seems to be the only way to go if you actually want to kill stuff.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    On an unrelated note, for those of you who do Steel Path, what primaries do you use if any? Melee seems to be the only way to go if you actually want to kill stuff.
    Secondaries can have enough damage modifiers to work too. I use the pyrana prime, personally.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

I finished the Glast Gambit and started farming Nidus' parts and OH GOD THE STORIES WERE TRUE...

How do I make this more bearable?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Like farming any part ... you really can't.

It's why I use Khora on the mission. Easier to collect the drops.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Drops? I thought that the blueprints were from the Rotation?

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Drops? I thought that the blueprints were from the Rotation?
    It's from Infested Salvage, rotation C, yes, but I'm talking injector drops, not to mention the defensive role of the strangledome. You can have two going at any time, which frees you up to head to the third and to collect the injectors.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

I finished the Glast Gambit and started farming Nidus' parts and OH GOD THE STORIES WERE TRUE...

If you can run all three injectors in a solo mission, it progresses faster than if you're running in a full 4 person party. For me, this also means I'm running in a circle the whole game, plus the bit of time saving makes it as bearable as possible. I still only would do one mission a day. I'm in no real hurry.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

It's just that I wanna farm Nidus so I can activate Helminth before doing Heart of Deimos (and The Sacrifice) so I can play the new Operation coming up for Lavos and stuff, rather than skip it and miss out on all the exclusive goodies like I did with Scarlet Spear, which I'm STILL regretting.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-12-17 at 10:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's just that I wanna farm Nidus so I can activate Helminth before doing Heart of Deimos (and The Sacrifice) so I can play the new Operation coming up for Lavos and stuff, rather than skip it and miss out on all the exclusive goodies like I did with Scarlet Spear, which I'm STILL regretting.
    Mastery 29, almost 30, just look folks up and we can help rush through it. It's not that hard of a mission, just annoying.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's the thing: I can DO the mission just fine, and there's no shortage of public players to help out too. It's just that I ran it 6 or 7 times in a row last night and Rotation C yielded the Stretch mod EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. If that kind of luck is what I can expect, I'll be stuck running this mission for weeks!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-12-17 at 10:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

So Operation Orphix Venom seems to be showing up gaps in people's inventories - the number of high MR (20+) players I've seen shooting the Orphix with their operators because they don't have a necramech is astounding.

On the plus side, getting the Cedo and Lavos is super easy - even if you don't get a drop, you still get points towards buying it. I've played maybe 5 runs last night and 3 runs this morning and I already have all the Lavos parts cooking (including his alt helm), with only needing 3 parts of the Cedo.

I've been using a Kuva Ayanaga, but I need to try the Fluctus - maybe the hitbox won't be as wonky as it is with Profit Taker.

Now if only the abilities didn't keep on breaking...
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2020-12-19 at 12:19 PM.