New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Whaaaaaaat? Bugs in Warframe? How dare you suggest that DE would ever release something in an incomplete state!
    Shh no bugs in WF, just incomplete systems introducing new incompatibilities
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I got Empyrian last night and ... well, one last fetch quest to activate the reliquary (don't worry, just a void key) and a visit from your doppelganger. "Hey kiddo."

Lovely line. "Remember, you're nothing without me." A small video of its activation... and off you go.

Two flight things available right now. Free Flight (no enemies, no loot, just some Orokin-looking space structures that're wrecked, and lots of rocks) and Skirmish (kill 30 fighters, 2 crew).

I ... had the unfortunate experience on the flight in that when I arrived, my frame was kneeling and stuck in the floor of the command deck. Fortunately, Transfer out, a quick void dash, and I was unstuck. Hope they fix that, since it's on EVERY time I jump out.

The flight characteristics of the Railjack are a bit simplistic. Or, if they intended a bit of yaw / roll, it wasn't working.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-12-13 at 03:15 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #33

I found that some of my railjack inputs weren't bound to anything, and had to go set them in the menu.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

What's the Man in the Wall's endgame anyway? What does he actually WANT? I've yet to encounter him in-game myself, but I'm already curious regarding the overall "arc" of the story Warframe is trying to tell...
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    What's the Man in the Wall's endgame anyway? What does he actually WANT? I've yet to encounter him in-game myself, but I'm already curious regarding the overall "arc" of the story Warframe is trying to tell...
    We don't even really know what Wally is, but as to what he wants, I suspect the answer is related to something we learn in the Sacrifice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wally just wants friends. The children of the Zariman 10-0 are special because they could befriend even an eldritch horror, and befriending an eldritch horror has given them their weird void powers. Befriending an infested monster gives us warframes.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing I realized about him, which I've seen some supporting hints of in game:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's an intelligent Void manifestation, and the Void is inimical to the Sentients. We've already seen him help us against them, and if we can seriously turn him against the Sentients, that could be a decider in the conflict.

Also, some bad news: I've lost my clan due to doing something massively against its parent site's rules and getting a ban... which I deserve, but it means I can't be in the clan for the duration of my ban, which is currently indefinite.

Is anyone here in a established clan that's willing to take someone who's ****ed up that bad? I'm not as active as I used to be, but I'm near MR25 and I can provide a lot to support new players.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    We don't even really know what Wally is, but as to what he wants, I suspect the answer is related to something we learn in the Sacrifice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wally just wants friends. The children of the Zariman 10-0 are special because they could befriend even an eldritch horror, and befriending an eldritch horror has given them their weird void powers. Befriending an infested monster gives us warframes.
    Spoiler: Chains of Harrow
    Show
    While that sounds certainly reasonable, Rell has spent all the time since the Zariman 10-0 incident (possibly centuries) stopping Wally from coming through. While Rell's judgement and values might not have been the same as the rest of the Zariman children, he wouldn't have spent that long stopping Wally if letting it into the material plane wasn't somehow bad for us.

In all the other interactions since then, while Wally's been pretty much on the fence, helping us in some situations or tempting us down darker paths in others, it's always been creepy - the doppleganger's eyes are distinctly unsettling and the 'Hey Kiddo' is always loud and suddenly enough to make you jump.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I have generated my best Kuva Lich yet: Nabb More.

9. - Top - End - #39

Griffon

I've done it. I've built a Railjack. Me; in my Ghost Clan of 1 member, all by myself. Every single credit, piece of Ferrite and Argon Crystal donated with my own two hands. The "10-0 Thunder-Child" is hours away from launch, and I'm damn proud of it.

....Now to grind out Cetus Wisps for that Amp that I asked about a week agooh god it never ends why does it never end
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats!

I'm on the last few sections myself. I've collected all the resources, I just need to wait for it to complete.
    (All railjacks are personal only, btw, other clan members can't contribute).

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    While that sounds certainly reasonable, Rell has spent all the time since the Zariman 10-0 incident (possibly centuries) stopping Wally from coming through. While Rell's judgement and values might not have been the same as the rest of the Zariman children, he wouldn't have spent that long stopping Wally if letting it into the material plane wasn't somehow bad for us.
    I believe Rell was supposed to be somewhere on the autistic spectrum. So while it made his perceptions messed up with regards to NORMAL people, it probably gave him a different insight into Wally.

In all the other interactions since then, while Wally's been pretty much on the fence, helping us in some situations or tempting us down darker paths in others, it's always been creepy - the doppleganger's eyes are distinctly unsettling and the 'Hey Kiddo' is always loud and suddenly enough to make you jump.
    He always helps you, in some way; even when it seems like he's not, he's pushing you along. Power. Control. You have it; use it to change things the way you want them. Even if it comes with a lot of blood and tears. Preferably, someone elses'.

Empyrian seems to have brought a lot of activity back. Which ... in some cases, is a bad thing, since I've had more than a few pilots suddenly stop piloting and run back to fix the same breaches I was working on. And then they wonder why we keep getting breaches because the ship is sitting still in space and not, say, going into an area where fewer fighters can attack.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-12-14 at 07:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    I have generated my best Kuva Lich yet: Nabb More.
    Good one! I assume that guy steals a bigger percentage of your loot than most liches.

I ran into the best one I've personally seen a few days ago, but sadly it wasn't one of mine: Kiss Horr.

Yes, really. I'm sad that one didn't make it into the video.
    =====

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    ....Now to grind out Cetus Wisps for that Amp that I asked about a week agooh god it never ends why does it never end
    Just wait until you get into the grind for cubic diodes and pustrels for your railjack upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Show

He always helps you, in some way; even when it seems like he's not, he's pushing you along. Power. Control. You have it; use it to change things the way you want them. Even if it comes with a lot of blood and tears. Preferably, someone elses'.
    Yep, he's always pushing you down the Moon path, towards pragmatism, personal empowerment at the expense of others and other fairly yin aligned options.
    Empyrian seems to have brought a lot of activity back. Which ... in some cases, is a bad thing, since I've had more than a few pilots suddenly stop piloting and run back to fix the same breaches I was working on. And then they wonder why we keep getting breaches because the ship is sitting still in space and not, say, going into an area where fewer fighters can attack.
    It's a bit of a dilemma. You get all the glory hogs who ignore fixing the ship at the expense of killing stuff, then act all surprised when the ship blows up, so you do it yourself then you end up in trouble for neglecting your post.

In my opinion, the railjack must always have a pilot, especially since they act as a gunner as well, so in addition to keeping the ship alive through manoeuvres and hiding behind asteroids, they can also whittle down the enemy numbers.

You then need an engineer/quartermaster/marine position who puts out the fires, patches up the holes, makes sure you always have enough revolite and kills boarding parties. They can also gun or go board crew ships if needed.

The other two positions are then entirely optional - we just did an alliance run on the final Earth mission (Korms Belt) where these two positions were done by MR28 alliance vets who went out and shot everything with Phaedras (they were killing crew ships this way rather than boarding them as it was faster), while I assisted by piloting and our pubbie did a sterling job of everything else.

On higher levels, it gets hectic very fast and I quite enjoy the engineer role, since I get to do a bit of everything, prioritising on the fly. I'm also finding Grendel very entertaining as he can eat whole boarding parties then go patch up hull breaches/put out fires and electrical faults first, before spitting out the team to deal with them.

On a side note - if you're having problems with RJ objectives not completing on installations, get the host (player 1) to run the mission and it should fix itself.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-12-14 at 08:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hey, Kiddo
    Show
    My thoughts exactly: whatever his intentions are, they're probably not good. Everything about him seems specifically designed to set off warning bells in the player. Part of me wonders if maybe it's sort of setting up a conflict tied to the Alignment system, The Lotus representing the Sun and the Man in the Wall representing the Moon: The Lotus is kind, almost to a fault, but she's also vengeful, as we're now seeing with her returning to the Sentients and wanting to punish the Origin system for what the Orokin did to her, while the Man in the Wall is idealistic, seemingly encouraging the Tenno to use the power they have to shape the solar system to their ideals, but not all ideals are good ones, and he also encourages the coldly rational, self-serving kind of pragmatism that would have you kill and dominate as your enemies do. And in the end, the Tenno will probably be asked to choose between the two, but ultimately the best choice for all involved is to reject them both and make their own way, which is why if you try to do the right thing often enough during the quests where your Alignment gets involved, you'll probably end up Neutral. Both Sun and Moon ultimately end up repeating the conflicts of the past over and over, the powerful crushing all who oppose their vision of the future (the Orokin), and those they oppress lashing out in righteous anger that indiscriminately destroys both the good and bad (the Sentients). The Tenno have the power to stop this cycle once and for all, but only if they are willing to leave BOTH their mother and their father behind...

Something else I'm wondering: is it possible to "game" the Syndicates system, building rapport with each of them in the method the last thread outlined (getting Standing with Red Veil and then New Loka to get the benefits of both New Loka and Steel Meridian)? Or is it pretty much guaranteed that at least one or two syndicates will be permanently barred from me (most likely Cephalon Suda)? Can you lose ranks you've already gained in a Syndicate if you've helped their enemy a lot, or do the ranks stay in place, meaning I can basically repeat this trick until I've gained max rank with all the Syndicates?

And are there any real ways to gain rank in the Conclave for lazy people like me who don't want to invest much time in PvP but want to establish at least SOME connection with Teshin before starting The War Within?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-14 at 08:27 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Something else I'm wondering: is it possible to "game" the Syndicates system, building rapport with each of them in the method the last thread outlined (getting Standing with Red Veil and then New Loka to get the benefits of both New Loka and Steel Meridian)? Or is it pretty much guaranteed that at least one or two syndicates will be permanently barred from me (most likely Cephalon Suda)? Can you lose ranks you've already gained in a Syndicate if you've helped their enemy a lot, or do the ranks stay in place, meaning I can basically repeat this trick until I've gained max rank with all the Syndicates?
    Yes, although it's a lot of hard work and it's very difficult to get any real use out of it, since buying anything will mess up the careful plan to balance out the main syndicates' standing.

That said you can never lock yourself out of a syndicate. Since I was having issues finding Warframe augments from Perrin and Loka at a decent price, I went and farmed up their standing from rock bottom, to level 5, crashing my SM standing in the process.
    Once I had bought what I needed, I went back to SM and I only had to pay the sacrifices for the new levels I had lost (-2 and -1) - the game remember I had paid the other 5 rank up costs, so only needed to meet the standing requirements.

And are there any real ways to gain rank in the Conclave for lazy people like me who don't want to invest much time in PvP but want to establish at least SOME connection with Teshin before starting The War Within?
    Not really, just play Conclave and hope you get into a match. That said, he doesn't really say that much during a Conclave match (it's mostly the Cephalons Apnar, Sark, Vull), so you're not missing that much.

To be honest, it's hard to get a connection with Teshin beyond a short speech when you first meet him in the relay, to when he shows up in an earlier storyline quest before TWW.
    This is mostly because all his interactions are tied in with past events, but the only thing you need to know is that he's a member of the Dax warrior caste from the Orokin Empire and he's taken a personal interest in the combat potential of newly awakened Tenno.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-12-14 at 09:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got Empyrian last night and ... well, one last fetch quest to activate the reliquary (don't worry, just a void key) and a visit from your doppelganger. "Hey kiddo."

Lovely line. "Remember, you're nothing without me." A small video of its activation... and off you go.
    Spoiler: Wallboy
    Show

We do get another creepy hint at things behind the universe in Warframe from Empyrean.

The reliquary box*, that you can interact with to get "Hey, Kiddos" whenever you like... Contains a rotten finger.

Orokin Towers are meat-filled ceramics, Warframes are armoured space zombie flesh puppets, and we power our spaceship with... the fingers of giants.

Greeeeat.

*Also, the white vines we see everywhere grows from this box. x2 Definitely Not Worrisome Combo.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    'm also finding Grendel very entertaining as he can eat whole boarding parties then go patch up hull breaches/put out fires and electrical faults first, before spitting out the team to deal with them.
    I just drop a strangledome.

Did ... have a bit of a fun time, though, in one mission. Had folks who didn't want to listen how to get rid of a crewship and also didn't want to pilot. Go figure. So ... just pointed the railjack at a crewship, popped into the artillery position, charge and fire. Rinse, repeat. Works... and I don't feel any guilt at using up their resources cause they didn't want to listen.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Esquire View Post
    Spoiler: Wallboy
    Show

We do get another creepy hint at things behind the universe in Warframe from Empyrean.

The reliquary box*, that you can interact with to get "Hey, Kiddos" whenever you like... Contains a rotten finger.

Orokin Towers are meat-filled ceramics, Warframes are armoured space zombie flesh puppets, and we power our spaceship with... the fingers of giants.

Greeeeat.

*Also, the white vines we see everywhere grows from this box. x2 Definitely Not Worrisome Combo.
    Spoiler: wally
    Show
    If you were paying close enough attention during the activation cutscene, it's not just any finger, it's Wally's finger in there.

As for the white vines, those just seem to be the orokin version of power lines.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Spoiler: wally
    Show
    If you were paying close enough attention during the activation cutscene, it's not just any finger, it's Wally's finger in there.

As for the white vines, those just seem to be the orokin version of power lines.
    ...As PhilosophyTube so eloquently stated, "What can I say but YIKES!"
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-15 at 09:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    (All railjacks are personal only, btw, other clan members can't contribute).
    I know, but life would have been far more simple if I had 3 clanmates with me, bringing Nekros/Hydroid/Khora along to get more drops instead of having to invade someone else's mission and do entirely by it myself

Also, on the subject of grinding resources; if you go into the Index as Limbo and you intentionally go around Voiding other players so that they can't pick up "your" points.... I cordially invite you to get into this sack so that I can beat the sack with hammers and then drop that sack into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl
    I think that might be alignment related? I'm neutral and mine said something like "Are you okay, kiddo? Are you mad at me?"

I get the feeling that if you make choices that go against Wally, she acts angry and annoyed with you but I haven't seen all the combinations yet to be certain.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-16 at 04:08 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I think that might be alignment related? I'm neutral and mine said something like "Are you okay, kiddo? Are you mad at me?"
    I get the feeling that if you make choices that go against Wally, she acts angry and annoyed with you but I haven't seen all the combinations yet to be certain.
    Nah, it's a randomized thing. I get that as well when I 'use' the reliquary. It gives one of five lines, IIRC.

"Hey kiddo."
    "Don't forget, kiddo... you're nothing without me."
    "Hey kiddo, what took you so long?"
    "Something's out there, kiddo... watching us."
    "You mad at me, kiddo? Remember, you owe me."

Just the one I got. And I'm neutral-sun; pure Sun during War Within, pure Neutral during Glast Gambit, Sun/Neutral during The Sacrifice.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Update on my player info, I've swapped clans. I'm now in Soldiers of Cthulhu.

I've found myself weirdly reluctant to try out Railjack, despite building mine immediately. Probably just because I tend to get intimidated by learning major new mechanics. Anyone here done enough of the mode to give advice yet?
    =====

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, finally got Ash Prime (Long before I got another Ash Prime systems. I don't regret using the first for smoking body... but I do resent having to choose), and I now have 7/8 Equinox pieces... of course that means the Night Neuroptics aren't showing up any time soon >.>

Any personal stories about that one... last... piece?
    Last edited by Squark; 2019-12-15 at 07:47 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

24. - Top - End - #54

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid
    I've found myself weirdly reluctant to try out Railjack, despite building mine immediately. Probably just because I tend to get intimidated by learning major new mechanics. Anyone here done enough of the mode to give advice yet?
    I was in the same boat as you until yesterday, when I finally threw caution to the wind and gave it a try. I've pottered around in free roam for about 10 minutes and then got blown out of the sky 3 minutes into my first mission when I was left piloting and everyone else immediately jumped out to shoot at asteroids.

It was actually pretty great. Everyone says its "new mechanics", but really it feels pretty much the same as an Archwing, except a bit more sluggish. You don't even have any abilities apart from Move and Shoot until you upgrade a bunch of stuff.

So long as you spent a minute getting everyone to agree to roles before you start combat - no more difficult than getting people to pick which Key they want when doing Derelict runs - everything is very intuitive. I'm looking forward to jumping into some random missions for a real taste of it, but I feel like I can handle any of the roles after the ~15 minutes practice I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Equinox is the worst. I don't remember exactly, but for the 8 pieces I'm pretty sure that I clocked something like 50 runs in that mission.... And to this day, I STILL don't know where Tyl Regor's vulnerable spot is, I just hammer away until he finally gives up and moves to his next phase....

Ash can die in a fire too, if you'll forgive the pun. It should NOT be easier to earn a Prime Warframe than it's basic counterpart, but Maniacs are far too rare. I wouldn't mind if he was a really, really good or even OP Warframe but Ash is just... Meh....

Then again. I got all of Mesa in something like 6 or 7 runs so I guess it balances out in the end.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-15 at 07:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Probably just because I tend to get intimidated by learning major new mechanics. Anyone here done enough of the mode to give advice yet?
    Okay, mechanics - what aspect?

At first, as a pilot, it's a simplistic flight sim. Forward, back, glide right, glide left, rotate. You control the forward guns (static mount) and a missile launcher (you start with a seeker missile). So nothing exciting there. Guns have a heat meter, not unlike the Grineer turrets on normal missions. Fill it up and you stop shooting for a while while the system cools down. So stagger shots. You also get an aiming reticle that latches onto what's supposed to be the closest target you're pointed at. As your skill gets higher, you can do more advanced maneuvers, and even ram.

Just behind the nav station is the artillery system - if you have gunnery. Forward view only, but it is at least a bit aimable. Point at a target and hold down the mouse until ... BOOM. Course, you need to get the pilot to stay more or less pointed in the direction of the artillery target.

The two turrets. Think ... Luke in the Millennium Falcon in the first movie. Guns + missile launcher. Same heat mechanism and aiming reticle as the pilot guns. Point, shoot. Normally, you're stuck pointing at the direction the turret faces; with higher gunnery, though, you get a 360 view, so almost anything in range is valid. Tougher ships will need a missile (minelayers are the first you'll come up against). Forget shooting crew ships; too much health, too little damage by even the missiles. You need artillery ... or boarding the ship to blow its reactor.

In the back - four forge stations. They let you process revolite (more on that in a bit) and, with higher engineering, additional ammunition while in flight.

Now for the in-ship stuff.

First. You get a new item on the gear wheel - the omni. It's used to seal hull breaches, stop fires and repair electrical systems. Pull it up and it'll look almost familiar - you've got the Mining wheel in front of you. For hull breaches, you just need to fill the circle, which means moving the omni back and forth over the breach. For fires and electrical systems, though, you need to hit the brackets. You use 10 revolite per application; you make 50 per forge in the back (base; you get more with engineering) with a base 1 minute cooldown. So long as you've collected the resources.

Second. At the very TOP of the ship, behind the little 'ramp' to the third level, is the archwing slingshot. It lets you board crewships without having to fly the intervening space (and not get shot at!), so long as the railjack is pointed roughly at the target, just like artillery. Just point, wait for the reticle to highlight the crewship, and let fly. You'll get a short flight animation and then you 'crackle' through the hull into the ship. So not unlike a teleporter. However, it's one way; once you're on the ship, you're not getting back without a higher level tactics to use the omni for teleportation, or by flying back on your archwing.

Third. There are various exits that just dump you right outside the ship. Normal archwing flight.

Post-mission is mostly farming. Fly in your archwing if you're not the pilot, shoot turrets and glowy things to release the goodies. Mostly explore and shoot everything possible.

Itzal and Elytron are good choices. Itzal because you can 'suck' everything into one spot; elytron because its 4 will pop every container in range.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-12-15 at 08:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

So, finally got Ash Prime (Long before I got another Ash Prime systems. I don't regret using the first for smoking body... but I do resent having to choose), and I now have 7/8 Equinox pieces... of course that means the Night Neuroptics aren't showing up any time soon >.>

Took something like 50 kills on Vay Hek to get the last piece of Hydron.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Making Ash has definitely been my worst experience. After grinding through about 10 kuva liches I managed to get all the pieces, make him... and then I just mind blanked, thought I'd mastered him without ever having equipped it, and sold it.
    And so now I have to make him again.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2019-12-15 at 10:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

yeah, Ash took me a lot longer to get than ash prime. For equinox, the first six pieces showed up with I think only one repeat. Then it took three more tries for the seventh piece. The final piece took another ten or twelve tries after that. I don't even really like equinox...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Update on my player info, I've swapped clans. I'm now in Soldiers of Cthulhu.

I only started playing today, and I've only played the first few missions. It's been pretty fun, though not without it's bugs. Several times when going out in my archwing my kazas gets stuck in my hand after returning to the ship no matter what I try to do (switching weapons, switching gear, etc.) And in my most recent mission, the inside of the ship disappeared and all i could see were the doors and a slight glow where the turrets, forge, and pilot seat were. Figuring out where to go in the ship is kinda difficult when you're walking in empty space.

Overall it is fun. I have a soft spot for tower defense and turret shooters, and this scratches that itch quite a bit, especially since there's enough variety to keep from getting boring. It is sometimes very easy to fail a mission because you run out of repair juice and haven't gotten the drops to create more. That's only happened twice so far, though, and probably from people who didn't have much of a stock going into the mission to begin with. There are two things I would like that I think would help improve the experience. One, a range indicator for your target. Two, some kind of indicator when you're in the pilot seat or a turret of how many players are aboard ship.

Finally, to add to what Sihnfahl has said, don't forget to refine materials in the forge at the end of the mission, especially if you're playing several missions in a row. I don't know if it's a bug or an oversight or what, but I was in several missions where we collected several hundred of each of the basic resources during the mission, and upon returning to the drydock had gained only 50-60 of each, both according to the end of mission screen and my check of my inventory afterward. Now that I know refining is a thing, I'm getting a steadier resource gain. What I'm not sure of is if other resources besides the basics follow the same refining rules.

I really dislike the idea of refining as a mechanic, because it isn't mentioned anywhere and so far as I know hasn't been mentioned in any of the official looks at railjack. Either they should have made it automatic or they should have made the basic resources only used for crafting the consumables and not for the gear blueprints/fabricating.

In other news, I'm having a bit of a problem with some simaris targets. And I seem to have this problem a lot. Every time I get corrupted targets, especially corrupted nullifiers, I have a hard time getting them to spawn. I took the targets over two weeks ago and haven't gotten them to show up in a mission yet. I've entered every mission in the void multiple times, both solo and in a group, but no dice so far. The last time I had corruptied nullifiers as targets it took going into a dozen missions before they started to show up. I'm well past that by now. Is there a way to cancel the mission and get new targets?
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Took something like 50 kills on Vay Hek to get the last piece of Hydron.
    Sound likes someone has been doing a lot of certain defense node and has got it on the brain...
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

So, got to try out Railjack for the first time today, and managed to run through all the Earth missions. It was a nifty experience, and I'd really love to do some missions with friends on voice chat, as I think that would make for an even better experience.

That said, there are definitely a few little bugs to be worked out. Or maybe, more accurately, some giant bugs. Like, a really big bug.
    The elephant-sized kavat in the room may distract from the fact that my warframe is wielding my archwing melee weapon, my archwing primary weapon, AND a parazon all at the same time.