New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

For railjack advice, at present, it's necessary to refine at the forge manually before you end your session. The patch notes wrote like this was automatic, at least to a degree. Refining dumps all the resources out of the forge storage to every player's reward pickups, plus 20%, and boosters apply at this time too. With a booster and a friendly smeeta, I believe you could get 960 resources out of 200 in the forge.

For the purpose of in-mission consumables, craft them before the mission. As long as you succeed in your mission, you'll reset to at least those values when you return to dry dock. No extra cost. You'll start with that supply every mission instead of having to spend resources and time in every mission. I also seem to start with 100 revolite for free, so having 200/300 in my payload screen before starting gives me the maximum at mission start.

As you acquire avionics, battle avionics are limited to a certain slot. If you're sure you have one but it doesn't show up when you click on the battle avionics slot, that's why. Try the other two. For example, I have Tether and it only shows up as an option for the middle slot.

The intrinsics progress bar at end of the mission is bugged. I think it's trying to show your total intrinsics gained, but it doesn't get that right either.

Sealing a catastrophic hull breach requires 30 material. Fixing anything less severe costs 10. For the whole minute that you're dying to that catastrophic breach, it at least can't get worse, so make the most of your time. Small tears lower defenses. Electrical breaks interfere with ship systems (shield recharge, battle avionics, ordnance, whatever.) Fires deal damage over time. They basically correspond to the new status effects, though I don't know if they're caused by the new status effects.

The intrinsics menu can also be accessed from your orbiter (even if you don't have a railjack) by going to the profile section of the pause menu.

When you start a mission, the Omni is put into your first open gear wheel slot. For me, that's my last slot so I know it's always just one left of start, but if you empty one of your first 12 gear slots, you can have an Omni hotkey. The omni is used for repairs and also to activate the return to railjack warp when you unlock later levels of tactical.

Non-railjack, but you can talk to simaris again (may have to be at least the next day) if you want to give up on a particular hunt.

Despite the patch notes saying sharkwing would use skywing weapons now, it still equips archwing weapons. Plus the new afterburner controls from the recent archwing movement changes aren't working. Definitely some bugs here. It feels like space combat and sharkwing combat got their lines crossed.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    In other news, I'm having a bit of a problem with some simaris targets. And I seem to have this problem a lot. Every time I get corrupted targets, especially corrupted nullifiers, I have a hard time getting them to spawn. I took the targets over two weeks ago and haven't gotten them to show up in a mission yet. I've entered every mission in the void multiple times, both solo and in a group, but no dice so far. The last time I had corruptied nullifiers as targets it took going into a dozen missions before they started to show up. I'm well past that by now. Is there a way to cancel the mission and get new targets?
    As I understand how Simaris works, its better to run the appropriate missions solo. You'll only get one target per mission, so if you join with other players who have different targets then your already-low chance of spawning one is further diluted by it 3/4 times being the wrong subject.

As Zalabim said though; if you're sick of the one you have, just go and talk to the Cephalon again and you can cancel your hunt. You'll have to wait for the daily mission reset (11pm GMT, I think) before you can pick up another, but it doesn't cost you anything in terms of resources or reputation.

I'd also recommend making sure that you haven't set two targets - one at the Cephalon for the 'Daily Hunt', and one at the console to the left of him which slowly reveals meta-plot as you complete the challenges. If you're intentionally hunting for your Daily target, the last thing you need is the other one getting in the way and taking up the 'slot' for the mission.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

With regard to Railjack, if you find the time, sit on top of the upwards ramp under the dome next to the slingshot in the middle of a firefight. The view is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Update on my player info, I've swapped clans. I'm now in Soldiers of Cthulhu.

I've found myself weirdly reluctant to try out Railjack, despite building mine immediately. Probably just because I tend to get intimidated by learning major new mechanics. Anyone here done enough of the mode to give advice yet?
    Updated.

As for Railjack, further to the above comments, the basics are fairly simple - equip Omni from gear wheel, spray stuff that's broke with it. Kill boarding Grineer. Make more revolite from forges at the back of the ship as required.

Congratulations - you're now better than ~50% of the players on Earth Proxima.

If you're looking for a shakedown cruise, I'm willing to take new crew on easy Earth missions - I've upgraded the hull, shields and armour such that it's possible to solo missions with the railjack (which is actually much harder than solo-ing it with Archwing), so don't panic about screwing up.

Some minor clarification on the other points though:

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    At first, as a pilot, it's a simplistic flight sim. Forward, back, glide right, glide left, rotate. You control the forward guns (static mount) and a missile launcher (you start with a seeker missile).

Archwing slingshot.

Third. There are various exits that just dump you right outside the ship. Normal archwing flight.

Post-mission is mostly farming. Fly in your archwing if you're not the pilot, shoot turrets and glowy things to release the goodies. Mostly explore and shoot everything possible.
    Piloting: Note that yaw left/right may be unmapped, so it's worth checking your key configurations and resetting them to default.

Gunnery: Your first mission will be a bit rough, as you need Gunnery 1 to unlock the target lead indicator. Gunnery 2 is also vital for the role as that unlocks the turret's firing arcs.

Slingshot: you need Gunnery 3 to use this, plus Gunnery 4 lets you turn the tables on enemy crewships and board them instead.

Archwing: if you don't have a good Archwing and gun, I don't recommend getting out of the railjack to shoot fighters (boarding crew ships is a necessity though).

Post mission looting: Aside from getting Eve Online flashbacks, looting is fairly lucrative on the higher missions (Bendar Cluster, Iota Temple and Korms Belt), so it's worth everybody except the pilot getting out and looting.

One, a range indicator for your target. Two, some kind of indicator when you're in the pilot seat or a turret of how many players are aboard ship.

Finally, to add to what Sihnfahl has said, don't forget to refine materials in the forge at the end of the mission, especially if you're playing several missions in a row. I don't know if it's a bug or an oversight or what, but I was in several missions where we collected several hundred of each of the basic resources during the mission, and upon returning to the drydock had gained only 50-60 of each, both according to the end of mission screen and my check of my inventory afterward. Now that I know refining is a thing, I'm getting a steadier resource gain. What I'm not sure of is if other resources besides the basics follow the same refining rules.

I really dislike the idea of refining as a mechanic, because it isn't mentioned anywhere and so far as I know hasn't been mentioned in any of the official looks at railjack. Either they should have made it automatic or they should have made the basic resources only used for crafting the consumables and not for the gear blueprints/fabricating.
    A range indicator would be nice, rather than eyeballing it, but Tactical 1 unlocks the crew position tracker, which can then be accessed through the tactical map (default is L). Tactical 3 lets you fast travel inside the ship (useful to get back to refine/make revolite, then get back to gunnery), although careful with the central midships location as that's the slingshot, which puts you 2 decks too high for the main below decks section where hazards/breaches/boarding parties like to show up.

The intention is that the ship has a cap of 200 of a resource and anything gained above that cap is automatically shunted into mission rewards. There's currently an intermittent bug where that loot is lost instead, so definitely refine where possible, making sure you have enough revolite before doing so.

Note that the normal resource booster affects refining, so if you have one of those, you're the refiner and there's a high level Engineering Instrinsic (R9) that also gives a 10% boost. Engineering 4 and 6 gives better yields when forging (making more revolite/energy/munitions/artillery charges), so if you have those skills, it's best if you make the supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    You'll have to wait for the daily mission reset (11pm GMT, I think) before you can pick up another, but it doesn't cost you anything in terms of resources or reputation.
    It's midnight GMT. Note that when this is locally will change depending on whether you observe daylight savings time (including us when we move to the eternally wistfully named 'British Summer Time').
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-12-16 at 07:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

As I understand how Simaris works, its better to run the appropriate missions solo. You'll only get one target per mission, so if you join with other players who have different targets then your already-low chance of spawning one is further diluted by it 3/4 times being the wrong subject.

As Zalabim said though; if you're sick of the one you have, just go and talk to the Cephalon again and you can cancel your hunt. You'll have to wait for the daily mission reset (11pm GMT, I think) before you can pick up another, but it doesn't cost you anything in terms of resources or reputation.

I'd also recommend making sure that you haven't set two targets - one at the Cephalon for the 'Daily Hunt', and one at the console to the left of him which slowly reveals meta-plot as you complete the challenges. If you're intentionally hunting for your Daily target, the last thing you need is the other one getting in the way and taking up the 'slot' for the mission.
    I'd swear I tried that last time and he didn't offer the option. meh, my memory isn't what it used to be. In any case, he let me drop the target and pick up a new one immediately. Possibly because it wasn't the same day I picked up the first target? Also, there's another console with another set of targets? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    A range indicator would be nice, rather than eyeballing it, but Tactical 1 unlocks the crew position tracker, which can then be accessed through the tactical map (default is L). Tactical 3 lets you fast travel inside the ship (useful to get back to refine/make revolite, then get back to gunnery), although careful with the central midships location as that's the slingshot, which puts you 2 decks too high for the main below decks section where hazards/breaches/boarding parties like to show up.

The intention is that the ship has a cap of 200 of a resource and anything gained above that cap is automatically shunted into mission rewards. There's currently an intermittent bug where that loot is lost instead, so definitely refine where possible, making sure you have enough revolite before doing so.

Note that the normal resource booster affects refining, so if you have one of those, you're the refiner and there's a high level Engineering Instrinsic (R9) that also gives a 10% boost. Engineering 4 and 6 gives better yields when forging (making more revolite/energy/munitions/artillery charges), so if you have those skills, it's best if you make the supplies.
    I knew you could access the map/teleporting by going down tactics, which I haven't done yet, but I was more thinking a simple number indicator in the turret hud.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

5. - Top - End - #65

Griffon

I'd swear I tried that last time and he didn't offer the option. meh, my memory isn't what it used to be. In any case, he let me drop the target and pick up a new one immediately. Possibly because it wasn't the same day I picked up the first target?
    Almost certainly. Simaris has a cool-down on accepting and/or cancelling his missions which, as we mentioned above, coincides with the Warframe server/clock/mission reset ticking over. It's a bit of a pain if you get a really crappy target that you don't feel like dong and have to wait up to 48 hours to get a new one.

Also, there's another console with another set of targets? News to me.
    Yep! As you walk through the doors; right in front of you is Simaris and his accept/decline missions console. If you walk around the room clockwise from the door, you pass by the scoreboard and then another console against the wall - that one gives you an expanded list of targets to hunt for and reveals little bits of Simaris' meta-plot as you complete the trials.

It's directly opposite the console where you trade in your synthesis points for rewards, if that helps. If you don't care about the lore, it at least gives you a selection of synthesis targets that you can hunt for when your Daily is cooling down - there's ~80 of them or something altogether, I think, with lore milestones for every 10 you complete.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-16 at 09:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Gunnery: Your first mission will be a bit rough, as you need Gunnery 1 to unlock the target lead indicator. Gunnery 2 is also vital for the role as that unlocks the turret's firing arcs.

Slingshot: you need Gunnery 3 to use this, plus Gunnery 4 lets you turn the tables on enemy crewships and board them instead.
    Always helps to look at intrinsics.

Personally, I find it interesting that some of these features are locked behind intrinsic levels. You'd think that turrets would come with target lead indicators as a default. Or the ability to get into the slingshot and get lobbed into space.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Always helps to look at intrinsics.

Personally, I find it interesting that some of these features are locked behind intrinsic levels. You'd think that turrets would come with target lead indicators as a default. Or the ability to get into the slingshot and get lobbed into space.
    The lead spot is very small, so I imagine it's like in the last starfighter. It's there, but you have to be looking straight at it to see it. If you aren't focused, you can't see the crosshair. Plus the amount of "smart" features has to be limited if the ship can fight sentients. As for the slingshot, it probably takes some training in proper positioning, and signing an AD&D waiver. Like using the clown cannon from a circus to break down a castle wall.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I knew you could access the map/teleporting by going down tactics, which I haven't done yet, but I was more thinking a simple number indicator in the turret hud.
    You can access tactical map while in the turret or at the helm, but I would like it optional as it can potentially take up some of the screen view.

From a gameplay point of view, they're showing off the principle, then making the gameplay improvements very easy to get - if you don't have all the rank 1 intrinsics after your first RJ mission, something's going wrong.
    They're also trying not to overload players with too many mechanics at once - get the hang of manually leading a target, then get an automatic lead, then the removal of firing arc limitations, then launching yourself at targets instead, etc.

From a lore point of view, the WFs are being reconfigured and adapt to the railjack's components and systems (note that the 6 parts are all salvaged parts from 6 different ships), so adding extra WarpVoid shenanigans like universal teleporting or the high tech invasiveness of being able to directly input firing solutions into the WF's optical input might take a while.

As for the slingshot, I'd say it takes a bit of training to not pancake into a target like Wile E. Coyote or miss and careen wildly into the depths of space, never to be seen again.

Speaking of which, do people know that you can access the slingshot from outside the ship as well?
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-12-16 at 11:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Just finished the construction of my Railjack late last night. Derped around for a bit in the free flight node to see where the various stations are. May try the first actual mission tonight after I get home from D&D, though messing around in the dry dock I found a thing that can apparently upgrade some stuff, so I may spend some time farming up more of the new resources, too.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Question: What are the ins and outs of Void Relics? I apparently have to open 3 to get access to Phobos, and they give Prime parts with Void fissures, but where to I find those, and how do I "refine" them with Void "Echoes" or whatever? Should I wait till tomorrow when Ivara Prime unlocks? Void Relics are a way to get Prime parts without direct cash/Platinum, righT?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

You haven't started opening Relics yet? You've probably got a huge stack of them sitting there waiting to be opened, then, they're awarded by a lot of missions.

The tab listing Void Fissure missions in Navigation is where you go to find the missions where you can open those. You get the Void Traces to refine relics and increase their rare drop chance by running a lot of Fissures. Void Fissure missions aren't much different from normal missions, aside from random spawns of Corrupted enemies, who drop what you need to open the relic. When your team extracts from a Fissure mission, you'll get to choose a reward from a relic opened by ANY of the players in the group, so you should always hope for a full team in Fissure missions, which will mean you've got four chances at a valuable drop.

Relic rewards are also the easiest way to get Forma blueprints, and Forma are something you'll always want more of.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Void relics are items that drop from a variety of missions (there's a lot of places you can get them, it'd be hard to list them all - early on though, one of the super easy places to get them is the Excavation mission on Earth). There's a large variety of relics, and each one is keyed to six different item drops, usually parts of prime equipment. By opening the relic, you get one of the items it is keyed to. Each relic has three common drops, two uncommon drops, and one rare drop.

To open a relic, you have to do void fissure missions (which have their own section in navigation). When you enter a void fissure mission, you select one of your void relics to open. In mission you do the mission as normal, except corrupted enemies will spawn every so often, and when you kill them, they drop reactant. Collect 10 reactant and finish the mission, and you'll open the relic, gaining one of the item drops from that relic. The relic is destroyed in the process.

In addition, every time you do a void fissure mission you'll gain Void Traces. You can use these on a relic to upgrade it. Upgrading a relic makes it more likely to give you uncommon and rare drops when you open it. You can upgrade relics either in the mission screen where you select your relic, or in the relic module in your orbiter.

There's not a lot of reason to wait for Ivara, really. If anything, doing some fissure runs ahead of time will let you collect traces, which will let you upgrade any relics with Ivara's parts and make it more likely to get the drops you want.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2019-12-16 at 06:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Griffon

In your Orbiter, go stand in front of your Arsenal (where you equip new weapons). Just to your right there's a pedestal that allows you to view and refine your Relics. It has a big image of a Relic floating above it, so it's easy to find. This is where you can refine Relics using Void Traces - you pick up Traces when you do Void Fissure missions, they're just another resource that drops from Void Enemies (the ones that are glowing gold).

Whenever you equip a Relic and collect 10 Reactants (bright yellow items that only drop in Void Fissue missions), the Relic will "open" and at the end of the mission/round you'll be given a random item from the pool that Relic can provide. Opening a Relic gives you 1 of 6 possible items - 3 are Bronze ranked, 2 are Silver, 1 is Gold. As you might expect, you have a higher chance of getting a Bronze item rather than a gold one, but by spending Void Traces to upgrade the Relic it increases the chance that you get a Silver or Gold ranked item.

Each Relic has a Name (Lith, Meso, Neo or Axi) and a Rank denoted by a letter and a number - A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. All Relics of the same name will have the same pool of prizes, so if you want a particular blueprint then you need to farm that particular Relic, which will always drop from the same type of mission.

So to answer your questions: The Relics that you currently have will give you Prime parts when you open them, but they will NOT get you Ivara parts.
    A new set of Relics will be made available that have Ivara parts in their pool, but you won't be able to get them yet and your existing Relics will not be retroactively altered to contain them.
    Refining your Relics increases the chance of getting Silver/Gold ranked parts, but won't guarantee it and won't change the pool of items that drop when you open them.

For now, you probably don't need to worry about what you're going to get from your Relics; you'll very soon have a large inventory of random pieces that you can save or sell as you please. Farming and opening Relics is content for much later in the game, unles syou really, REALLY want a specific item and are prepared to put a lot of time into bashing your head against the Random Number Generator.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-16 at 06:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Question: What are the ins and outs of Void Relics? I apparently have to open 3 to get access to Phobos, and they give Prime parts with Void fissures, but where to I find those, and how do I "refine" them with Void "Echoes" or whatever? Should I wait till tomorrow when Ivara Prime unlocks? Void Relics are a way to get Prime parts without direct cash/Platinum, righT?
    Okay, so if you go just to the right of the station in your orbiter where you configure your warframe and weapons, you'll find a little pedestal with a void relic tucked away in a corner. That's the station for doing relic stuff.

Relics are essentially mystery boxes - you don't know exactly what's in one until you open one. There are many different relics, each containing six potential items based on the type of relic it is - three common items, two uncommon, one rare. You can view which items a relic might contain, or search for what sort of relic contains an item you want and where it comes from, using the relic station.

To open the relic you need to go on a mission with a matching void fissure. Mission nodes experiencing void fissures have a little helix-flame symbol on them, and you can just view a list of all currently active fissures by clicking on that same symbol in the top right of the star chart. Void Relics come in a few different types: Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi and Requiem (ignore Requiem relics and fissures for now, they're a bit different), which correspond roughly to the level range each type of fissure appears on and how common the relic is.

When you depart on a mission with active fissures you'll be prompted to select a relic of the matching type to open. During the mission fissures will pop up, corrupting and buffing nearby enemies and also releasing more enemies from the Corrupted faction. Killing these enemies can drop Reactant, which is a pick up that's automatically marked with the same helix-flame symbol the fissues have on the star chart. Collect 10 reactant during a mission and the relic will open after finishing the mission (or after five rounds for infinite missions, at which point you can select a new relic if you want to keep going) and reward you with one of the items inside. If you do a relic mission with other players you can choose one of their rewards instead of your own, giving better odds of getting something good.

Completing void fissure missions will also award Void Traces, a resource that you can spend to Refine your relics and increase the odds it will drop a higher rarity item. This can be done at the relic terminal, or when choosing a relic for a mission.

Prime parts comprise the vast majority of relic drops, plus some forma blueprints. This is how you obtain prime warframes, weapons and sentinels. Some warframes and weapons are actually easier to obtain as prime versions than their normal version - Equinox and Ash, notoriously.

It should be noted that the various primes get rotated out regularly. When this happens the relics that contain the parts for that prime can no longer be obtained but may still be opened, and relics containing a different prime will start dropping instead. The potential items inside already obtained relics will not change.

EDIT And a bunch of us just all posted very long explanations that I suspect are pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-12-16 at 06:45 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

15. - Top - End - #75

Griffon

TL;DR - Farming Relics for Prime parts is a very time-consuming process, as it is comprised of several phases - farming the Relics, waiting for the appropriate Void Fissure mission to be available, opening the Relic and getting a random item out of it, etc.

Don't worry about it yet. There's plenty to do before you worry about spending hours bashing your head against the Random Number Generator, unless you really, REALLY want a particular weapon or Warframe.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-16 at 06:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

In your Orbiter, go stand in front of your Arsenal (where you equip new weapons). Just to your right there's a pedestal that allows you to view and refine your Relics
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Okay, so if you go just to the right of the station in your orbiter where you configure your warframe and weapons, you'll find a little pedestal with a void relic tucked away in a corner. That's the station for doing relic stuff.
    Alternately, Escape menu > Equipment > Void Relic Refinement. Once you've had a look at your relics and press back, you will be front of the Relic Segment.

On a side note, I see they've added a quick one line explanation for how to do the various tasks to unlock a Junction. I guess somebody must be working on the New Player Experience.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I think they added that a while ago as an itty bitty step towards actually giving guidance to new players.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2019-12-16 at 08:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you all for each of your detailed explanations! Each one helps clarify the others. So my first step is getting Void Echoes to refine the relics I already have. Want the best chance of getting something good, after all!

Also, I have the Stalker on my tail now! Yey!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-17 at 11:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you all for each of your detailed explanations! Each one helps clarify the others. So my first step is getting Void Echoes to refine the relics I already have. Want the best chance of getting something good, after all!

You get void echoes from... doing the exact thing that opens the relics. And relics are not a rare reward. Quite the opposite, really, you'll pick up relics faster than you can open them in most cases. Similarly, the lower drop chance parts aren't any better than the more common ones.

I would advise not bothering with refining unless you're after the rare drop from the relic specifically. And if that's the case, save the relics with the item you want and go open some other relics to get the echoes.

The 'worst' you can get from a relic is a forma - always useful - or a duplicate prime part that you can trade to Barro Ki'teer. Neither of those is a bad thing.

(Barro is a merchant that shows up every couple of weeks at relays. He'll trade your excess prime parts for ducats, and those ducats for rare mods, weapons, cosmetics and the unlock quest for the Inaros warframe.)
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-12-17 at 12:30 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry - the Stalker rapidly goes from 'ohgodohgodohgodhe'safterme' to Team Rocket style blasting off again.

Baro is a merchant con-artist that shows up every couple of weeks at relays. He'll trade rip you off your excess prime parts for ducats his arbitrary fiat currency, and those ducats Baro bucks for rare mods, weapons, cosmetics primed disappointment and the unlock quest for the Inaros warframe.
    I'm not bitter, oh no...

Edit: And to cheer me up, my girl Jellyfish Prime has released.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-12-17 at 03:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry - the Stalker rapidly goes from 'ohgodohgodohgodhe'safterme' to Team Rocket style blasting off again.
    He can be a bit of a handful if you're soloing a Kuva Flood when he decides to visit.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

or a duplicate prime part that you can trade to Barro Ki'teer.
    Or hold, if it's a vaulted part, for eventual trade for plat.

Depending on the part, of course. Check your local Warframe Market for going rates. Market rates may fluctuate. Warframe Market is not responsible for any traders seeking unreasonable plat values. DE is not responsible for the legitimacy of any plat you trade for. This end up.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I'm lucky. He decided to show up when I was doing a Void Fissure Defense mission with some more-experienced random players and he kind of got mangled with the rest of the enemies attempting to rush the Cryopod. I didn't even realize he was there until I saw a blinking "Enemy" notifier on the screen. I didn't notice his flickering light calling-card in the hectic fracas!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I managed to collect all the Ivara Prime parts in record time! Pretty happy with how easy it was - I've had way worse luck in the past.
    Now time to craft.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    I managed to collect all the Ivara Prime parts in record time! Pretty happy with how easy it was - I've had way worse luck in the past.
    Now time to craft.
    I've only got one part thus far and since it's the blueprint, I can't even start building it. *Jealous*

And I'm still missing 2 Tekko Prime Blades and No-neck Prime's Neuroptics from the last prime release, not to mention the pair of Railjack weapons and the other Kuva Lich weapons... This is the grind that never ends. Yes, it goes on and on my friend.

26. - Top - End - #86

Its always grow season in Warfarm
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I'm starting to HATE Spy missions! WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS IT TO PUT EXIMUS SENSOR BOTS IN THE VAULT THAT YOU CAN'T AVOID AND HAVE TO KILL BEFORE THE TIME RUNS OUT?!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

If that's the vault layout I'm thinking of, they can be avoided by going through the rafters and dropping down to the door once they've turned away. And there's always cheating options like using Limbo to put them in stasis, or sleep darting them with Ivara... of course, those are both frames you can't get until you've already practiced Spy missions enough that you probably won't need them.

Spy is still my least favorite mission type, but it's got so many exclusive rewards that I had to get good at them. I quickly learned one tool that solved a lot of my problems was a sniper rifle with the silencer mod and good Punchthrough, so I could silently snipe people from the other side of a wall. Remember this is a ninja game, so a lot of tough missions are actually testing your cheating skills.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I don't HAVE Limbo or Ivara, however. I've just got my starting Excalibur and my Rhino. And I don't have any sniper rifles either. And there weren't any rafters. There were tubes I could go through, but they just put me in the path of the eximus scanners and I couldn't figure out where to go from there. I'm doing the Stolen Dreams quest.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-18 at 02:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm starting to HATE Spy missions! WHOSE BRIGHT IDEA WAS IT TO PUT EXIMUS SENSOR BOTS IN THE VAULT THAT YOU CAN'T AVOID AND HAVE TO KILL BEFORE THE TIME RUNS OUT?!
    You're not supposed to kill the sensor bots, actually. Without invisibility, your best bet is to avoid them via timing. Doing so requires a bit of practice and observation, though. Crafting a few ciphers to instantly unlock any terminals can also help.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe