New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

How do I GET invisibility then?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Any of the stealth frames - Loki, Ash, Ivara etc. Octavia can hand it out to the group too. Wisp gets invisibility so long as she's in the air. I think one of the sentinels has the ability to make you invisible. There's a particular sword you'll get later that gives you a brief window of invisibility after killing an enemy from stealth.

I'm sure someone would be happy to taxi you to the boss who drops the loki blueprints if you wanna go that way.

There are generally several different routes to completing any given spy vault. The simplest is to just memorise the shortest route to the terminal, bring some ciphers and just bum rush your way past the guards and crack it before they delete the data. I believe most spy missions only require 1/3 vaults to be successfully opened, so there's not too many problems with failing one of the more annoying layouts. If you're having problems with a particular layout for the quest go do a spy node on the same planet and tileset, the vault layouts should be the same so you can poke around and figure out the different routes and shortcuts.

A good silenced sniper rifle or bow can help - you should be able to get the blueprint for a basic one from the marketboard if you wanna go that route. Or you can kill Stalker and he'll sometimes drop the blueprints for his bow and throwing daggers, which are pretty decent silent weapons.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Spy missions can definitely be tricky. I still haven't figured all of them out - or at least, not the way you're supposed to do them. That said, its entirely possible to complete them even if you can't do it perfectly, and its certainly possible to do it without a stealth focused frame. My currently building Ivara Prime is going to be the first one I've owned, and I've done all the spy missions already.

My advice is patience, exploration, and willingness to break from sneaking when it benefits you. If you wait and look around, you can generally find routes or options to proceed that don't trip the alarms. And other times, just saying 'eff it' and rushing in is the fastest way to accomplish a spy mission, even if that means throwing your face against a laser grid. But the more time you can buy to familiarize yourself with the layout of a spy mission, the better you'll do at them.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Note that only Ivara with an Augment will let you sneak past sensor beams - all the other stealth frames mentioned still have to avoid them, but they're immune to cameras.

Limbo is the other way round - he can be seen by cameras and drones while in the rift, but he can walk through sensor beams. A high range Cataclysm will deal with cameras, but will activate drones though.

If you don't have access to any of the stealth frames, then Rhino, Atlas and Valkyr are the next best option since they have abilities that ignore knockdown and can 'smash and grab' vaults, although you'll have to be quick with the hacks (or bring ciphers).

That said, you don't NEED a stealth frame to do spy vaults - I've personally done all of them with a Rhino without getting detected - it's just a matter of learning the routes.

Bringing a silenced, very high damage single shot weapon (silenced sniper rifle or any bow other than the Lenz) makes it easier as you can snipe drones and guards, but it's not a necessity. Against drones, you have to kill them in the first hit, else they'll trigger the alarm, so multishot weapons like the Baza aren't as useful, despite its built in silencer.

Again, if you'd like a hand, just find one of us in-game.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-12-18 at 04:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

I love spy missions, but I also main an Ivara with the Prowl augment so I can cheat right through them. Haven't spent the time to learn the Lua vaults with their required temporal shenanigans, but I can crack any other vault in the game without setting off alarms every time.

For the sensor regulators, note that even if it only takes one pull of the trigger to destroy them, it has to be the FIRST round out of the barrel. A weapon that gets a big damage boost from multishot will still often trigger the alarm.

And if you decide to go the smash-and-grab route, with the frames you currently have Rhino is better than Excalibur because you can pop his 2 and run right through lasers where Excal will get thrown back unless you slide through (and sometimes even then).
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I love spy missions, but I also main an Ivara with the Prowl augment so I can cheat right through them. Haven't spent the time to learn the Lua vaults with their required temporal shenanigans, but I can crack any other vault in the game without setting off alarms every time.

For the sensor regulators, note that even if it only takes one pull of the trigger to destroy them, it has to be the FIRST round out of the barrel. A weapon that gets a big damage boost from multishot will still often trigger the alarm.

And if you decide to go the smash-and-grab route, with the frames you currently have Rhino is better than Excalibur because you can pop his 2 and run right through lasers where Excal will get thrown back unless you slide through (and sometimes even then).
    Lua Vaults can be handled best by Limbo. Once you know the route, it's just a matter of occasionally popping out of the rift to push a button before jumping back in to ignore the lasers. I got pretty good at them when I was completing my collection of dual stat elemental mods.

Edit: !!!

Empyreon just released for Xbox one. That's the fastest pc to console jump I've seen in a long time, not counting prime access and nightwave.
    Last edited by Squark; 2019-12-18 at 05:27 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Alternately, you can go the early beta route and use his Slash Dash to go through the laser barriers.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

To add on to all the spy advice:
    • you can also roll through any of the Corpus sensor bars with any frame, and it won't stun you (it'll still trigger the alarm, but most likely if you're at this point you're probably running through the vault anyway)
    • here's a walkthrough on how to do spy vaults without using a stealth frame

Best advice is: be patient, and practice! As someone said upthread, for normal spy missions you only NEED to open one vault, so as long as you get one it doesn't matter if you mess up the others - you can use this as a chance to practice, without fear of failing the mission.

On another topic,
    Spoiler: Post ropalyst and Railjack - Veil Proxima spoilers
    Show

There's a new hidden quest that's acting as a prologue (maybe? Haven't done it yet and I'm trying to avoid spoilers) that leads up to the New War. There's a sentient ship that can pop up in Railjack missions in the Veil Proxima region - you can board it, and eventually you'll be lead to a crystal that you need to break with the Paracesis to trigger the quest. Apparently the ship pops up in a random mission in the Veil, stays there for some amount of time, then buggers off till it appears again. There's at least one tracker for it, and it might pop up in others soon.

I haven't been focusing on Railjack much (waiting for it to become more stable, and for them to hopefully reduce costs on components) and will probably focus on the new primes for the next few days as well. As such, I barely have the intrinsics to unlock Saturn (and I still need to do all the Earth missions to make it to Saturn), let alone the Veil, so it'll be a while before I can get there unless I can get a taxi. It's interesting to be in a 'veteran' position, but not be able to access new quest stuff immediately (like the Chimera prologue/Ropalyst fight). I almost feel like a newbie again
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The first stealth frame available is Wukong, who you can get from your clan's Tenno Lab (Or by collecting his prime parts). He has two approaches;

1) Use the quick burst of speed from Cloud Walker to move invisibly from place to place. Take care to desummon your Wuklone.
    2) Forget the sneaky bit, and just use Cloud Walker to bypass much of the area, while your Wuklone goes Leroy Jenkins on the sentries.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

10. - Top - End - #100

NinjaGuy

Update on the spoiler thing on my last comment: as of the latest hotfix, there's a blinking indicator in the Veil that shows when "it" pops up.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I think one of the sentinels has the ability to make you invisible.
    Shade being that sentinel, but its range of detection is so short as to be useless. It's a 10m detection. Max.
    Better option would be a Huras Kubrow; 24m range on detection, and the invis lasts longer. Just get 2 imprints from someone with a huras, an egg, and go.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Won't be able to do that for a little while...I've got a Helminth Charger incubating at the moment!

Thank you for the guide to Spy missions. Possibly the hardest part of any given mission for me is figuring out where the heck I'm supposed to be going, so this is a big help!

Sabotage missions are up there with Spy missions in terms of annoying. I can only ever seem to find one cache despite combing the map multiple times before giving up and just finishing the mission out of frustration.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-19 at 11:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Won't be able to do that for a little while...I've got a Helminth Charger incubating at the moment!

Thank you for the guide to Spy missions. Possibly the hardest part of any given mission for me is figuring out where the heck I'm supposed to be going, so this is a big help!

Sabotage missions are up there with Spy missions in terms of annoying. I can only ever seem to find one cache despite combing the map multiple times before giving up and just finishing the mission out of frustration.
    Equipping a loot detector mod (Animal instinct for your pet, or the Thief's Wit aura) is the way to find caches. It'll still take a dang while, but having the caches show up on your map is really useful. It also becomes easier once you're more familiar with the ins and outs of warframe maps, and the sneaky hiding places that caches often end up.

That said... sometimes things just don't spawn. Its entirely possible to get a Sabotage mission where one or more caches just aren't there.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2019-12-19 at 11:34 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Thief's Wit is an exilus mod; the aura is Loot Detector. Nitpicking done, the mods stack, so having all 3 equipped gives you a huge radius. However, it's only horizontal; the vertical radius is still quite small. Also, it's very useful to use the same setup when you're running syndicate missions if you want to find all 8 medallions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Thief's Wit is an exilus mod; the aura is Loot Detector.
    Oh no! I am now shame.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Just to add a little bit on the loot radar, the vertical range is 12m, so you're essentially wandering with a flat cylinder detection range - if you're having problems finding something, try jumping or going lower.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Possibly the hardest part of any given mission for me is figuring out where the heck I'm supposed to be going, so this is a big help!
    Well, the wonderful part about most Grineer spy missions is that they have HUGE cables with lights that flow towards the objective.

You just gotta deal with the sentries.

I can only ever seem to find one cache despite combing the map multiple times before giving up and just finishing the mission out of frustration.
    We all can help you with that; we know the maps and a lot of the hidey-holes.

You'd be surprised how many caches are in rooms you can only access through, say, an open panel. They just look like someone knocked something askew; in reality, they lead to rooms with loot.

Or how many you have to run up walls to get at.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Shame on me for thinking Barro would bring something nice for xmas.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Shame on me for thinking Barro would bring something nice for xmas.
    All his other customers already snapped up the good stuff.

He's a businessman, remember?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

It's the Lotus who brings gifts, not Barro. Skins and sydanas are the "socks and underpants" of Warframe, but I'm old so I'm happy to get those things.

In an unrelated matter, damn you AmberVael! You got your Ivara in record time, but you clearly sucked all the good luck out of the game - I've run ~40 fissures and only just got her Systems!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Fissures? I can't even get my hands on the relics in the first place.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Muwahaha. All your good luck is mine!

My Ivara is nearly built by this point. Should be done sometime tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    My Ivara is nearly built by this point. Should be done sometime tomorrow.
    Yeah, yeah, rub it why don't you... *grumble**grumble*

24. - Top - End - #114

Griffon

Apparently complaining on the internet *is* productive!

I spent all my syndicate influence on Relic packs, got a handful of Ivara ones, and opened both her blueprint and systems on the first try! Just the Chassis to go, and along the way I "accidentally" got all the parts for Chroma and 3/4 for Atlas, Mesa, and Saryn. My foundry has never been so busy

25. - Top - End - #115

NinjaGuy

I had to go through all my Steel Meridian, Red Veil, Cephalon Suda AND Arbiters of Hexus rep, PLUS all of my saved Suda and Arbiter medallions, but i finally got that f******* Axi A9 relic and Jellyfish Prime systems, and she's building at the moment. Definitely feeling like a used up all my luck with the previous Prime Accesses

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I'm taking my good luck to be compensation for all my terrible luck with Kuva Liches, since over half of my dozen liches have had duplicate weapons with trash stats. Getting Ivara Prime so fast just gave me a few of my hours back.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats! My Vauban should be ready tomorrow, and not a moment too soon since my Rhino is now max rank.

I also have an adorable little abomination running around the Orbiter too, a Helminth Charger I've named "Axehandle" after the axehandle hound, one of the most dangerous and annoying fearsome critters to ever plague Minnesota lumberjacks!

EDIT: Thanks to that guide you folks so generously linked me to, I was able to complete the Stolen Dreams quest and now Spy missions will be much more manageable from here on out. Also, I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON AN OBERON NEUROPTICS DURING THE FINAL MISSION OF THE QUEST! I can finally build Oberon (after I finish with Vauban)! Needles to say, I'm quite pleased!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-12-22 at 08:31 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

28. - Top - End - #118

Griffon

See, I told you that Oberon was pretty easy to get hold of - Warframe's infamous RNG not withstanding

The thing about Spy missions is, there aren't that many maps that you need to learn. The ones on Venus (Corpus) get repeated on all of the other Corpus and Infested planets, so if you learn how to do those then - provided that you go slow to account for slight variances in where cameras appear and the pattern of security beams - you have pretty much conquered 3/4ths of the Spy missions in the solar system. Fortunately, the Corpus tests are also pretty easy to do, once you have figured them out.

The Grineer ones are a little more varied, as the tests on Earth are unique to Earth, as are the Kuva Fortress and Uranus. The thing is though, you only need to do these once just to open up the map - if you ever need to do Spy missions (for Nightwave or Sorties, perhaps) you can pick the really easy ones like Saturn, which are also repeated elsewhere.

I've heard people talking about earning Ivara - you get her parts by completing Spy missions without triggering the alarms, and how tricky it is. Honestly I don't think it is - just do Corpus planets, they're all the same so you can pretty quickly get into a rhythm of completing the tests one after another, and then you're just waiting for stuff to drop.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-23 at 07:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bear in mind they have changed the Spy missions on Jupiter so they are probably the hardest in the game, followed buy earth and Uranus. (If they are in a raid queue at least.)

But I always run them in a hydroid and rarely set off alarms so they can be done without invisibility. Personally I'd say just watch a youtube video of them and just follow what they do.

Also one of the quests gives you the ability to go invisible and teleport short distances which works wonders on some tilesets.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The thing about Spy missions is, there aren't that many maps that you need to learn. The ones on Venus (Corpus) get repeated on all of the other Corpus and Infested planets, so if you learn how to do those then - provided that you go slow to account for slight variances in where cameras appear and the pattern of security beams - you have pretty much conquered 3/4ths of the Spy missions in the solar system. Fortunately, the Corpus tests are also pretty easy to do, once you have figured them out.

The Grineer ones are a little more varied, as the tests on Earth are unique to Earth, as are the Kuva Fortress and Uranus. The thing is though, you only need to do these once just to open up the map - if you ever need to do Spy missions (for Nightwave or Sorties, perhaps) you can pick the really easy ones like Saturn, which are also repeated elsewhere.
    Sorties don't let you pick. Nightwave, though, yeah.

Also, the Lua Spy node has completely different, unique maps.
    Spoiler
    Show