New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    ...THAT'S the problem! I tried to engage him in melee since that's what I'm most comfortable with!

Not sure how well I'd do shooting and running at the same time, though. My multitasking abilities aren't very strong. That's WHY I'm more comfortable with melee than gunplay.
    One of the "large projectile" guns like the Fulmin, Arca Plasmor, or Catchmoon might help. The former require a bit of mastery rank to unlock, but you can build a basic catchmoon in fortuna, although I don't reccomend installing a catylyst or forma in any kitgun (or Zaw) built with a loader (or link) from the tier 1-3 options.

The atomos and gaze kitgun are also worth considering since they're pinpoint accurate weapons that chain to other targets (The amprex is their primary counterpart, but it's a pretty high MR).
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-01-03 at 06:42 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Like Squark said, get a weapon with a big blast radius and (once you have learned to stop hitting yourself with friendly fire, which I still haven't quite managed...) aiming stops being a problem. The Penta (bought from the Marketplace) might be a good place to start, it's pretty cheap and has a low MR requirement. Same goes for the Tonkor, though it's slightly more pricy as it require Cryotic, Argon Crystals and Oxium to build. Give me a nudge for a spare Adhesive Blast mod when you see me, if you do, as it's incredibly valuable for either of those weapons.

The Ogris (bought from the Grineer section of your clan Dojo) isn't terrible either, for a decent amount of splash damage, and as well as being fairly cheap its only MR9, which is somewhat lower than most of the good AoE weapon like the Simulor or Secura Penta

If all else fails, get a Kulstar. The Tellurium (found in archwing missions) and Cryotic (4,300 is doable, but tedious) can be a bit of an undertaking to get together at low ranks, but as an emergency "go away" button I have yet to find anything quite as direct... or satisfying. It carried me through a lot of plot-missions and plenty of Assassinations before I found something better and with which I was particularly comfortable

Alternatively, if you really do want to melee him, I recommend rushing to Jupiter if you can. Valkyr, the warframe you get from the Assassination mission at Thermisto, has awesome melee ability and invulnerability when activated so you can happily go to town on Stalker, Grustag Three or whoever gets in your way.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Something else I've encountered that's...more than a little challenging.

I attempted to complete the next leg of the Sands of Inaros quest and quickly found myself overwhelmed by the Tomb Guardian. I was just expecting more Kavats to scan and fight! How do you survive long enough to beat down that thing?! Should I call in friends for help, or do you HAVE to complete it solo?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-03 at 11:20 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

That boss is tough, and you can only be joined on Sands of Inaros by other players who have the mission active... and it's not repeatable. Since it's so unlikely you'll be able to group, beating it depends on which frames and weapons you have ready. I was a new player when I ran Sands, and I was only able to beat that one thanks to Hydroid's 4 filling up half the arena and ignoring armor. Some easily accessible frames like Nyx or Gara should be able to handle it, or you could buy the super tanky Nezha or Wukong from your Clan Labs... What are your options for frames and weapons?
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

5. - Top - End - #155

Griffon

The Sands of Inaros spectre is slightly wonky in terms of balance, I think - even I had trouble putting it down, and at the time I was well over MR20 with some pretty decent weapons.

Turns out, as with most solo encounters in Warframe, there is a way to cheese the fight if you're so inclined. When you're done fiddling with the urn and walk back into the main chamber, the spectre will try to mug you as you walk through the door; if you're fast enough you can bullet jump over it and up onto the pedestal where the big statue is standing.

If you hide behind the rocks piled near it's feet - just enough that you can see and shoot at the spectre but it can't shoot back at you - then the spectre will usually freak out and forget to try and melee you again.

Take an Ammo Replenish gear and sit on it, and you can usually just sit there blasting away until it falls over, so long as you occasionally dip behind the rock to avoid projectiles.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

My biggest issue with the final boss was running out of ammo early in the fight and having to get... creative with the rest of my damage, especially since I think I'd left my melee weapon behind for some reason.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    That boss is tough, and you can only be joined on Sands of Inaros by other players who have the mission active... and it's not repeatable. Since it's so unlikely you'll be able to group, beating it depends on which frames and weapons you have ready. I was a new player when I ran Sands, and I was only able to beat that one thanks to Hydroid's 4 filling up half the arena and ignoring armor. Some easily accessible frames like Nyx or Gara should be able to handle it, or you could buy the super tanky Nezha or Wukong from your Clan Labs... What are your options for frames and weapons?
    Here's my current arsenal:

Spoiler: Warframes
    Show
    Rank 30 Excalibur
    Rank 30 Rhino (with an Orokin Reactor installed, this was what I tried the mission on first, and those things ripped through my Iron Skin like tissue paper, and though my Rhino Stomp helped to give me some breathing space, by the time I realized the thing was multiplying as I killed it, it was too late)
    Rank 30 Vauban
    Rank 30 Oberon

I also have Nyx currently under construction at the Foundry, as well as all the components for Mag, which I plan on building next.

Spoiler: Weaponry
    Show
    Rank 30 Axlex
    Rank 30 Boar (with Orokin Catalyst installed that came with it, since I was struggling to find the blueprint)
    Rank 30 Boltor (that I'm saving to make a Boltace out of once I get the Tonfa component)
    Rank 30 Bronco (that I'm saving to make an Akbronco out of)
    Rank 30 Dual Skana (that I'm saving for crafting purposes later)
    Rank 30 Fragor (with the Brokk skin)
    Rank 30 Furis (that I'm saving to make an Afuris out of)
    Rank 30 Galatine (that I'm saving to make Paracesis out of when the time comes)
    Rank 30 Heat Sword
    Rank 30 Hek
    Rank 17 Kraken (my current sidearm as I'm ranking it up for Mastery)
    Unranked Lato (I sold my first one in desperation for money early on, before I mastered it, so I had to pick this one up to start fresh so I can get the Mastery for it)
    Rank 30 Scindo (with the Manticore skin)

I also have a Kohm and a Silva and Aegis currently in the Foundry.

Spoiler: Companions
    Show
    Rank 30 Taxon with Rank 30 Artax
    Rank 30 Wyrm with Rank 30 Laser Rifle

Sootsweet, my Rank 30 Sunika Kubrow
    and Axehandle, my Rank 30 Helminth Charger
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-04 at 04:30 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at the wiki's guide to Sands, there's one tip for the end fight I'd completely forgotten: The summoned specters are armed with a copy of your primary weapon... so take your weakest primary with its mods removed, along with your best secondary and melee weapon. The spectres also have all of your frame's abilities, so a healer frame is a bad idea. As the enemies in there aren't immune to control powers, Vauban might be the best option out of what you've got. If you don't complete the mission until your Nyx is ready to go, you can use her 1 and 3 to turn the enemies against each other, and with enough Ability Strength, her 2 removes 100% of enemy armor.

The Tomb Protector himself is massively armored and keeps dividing, so you want Corrosive damage with big AoEs if you've got the option. Anything that strips or ignores armor is extremely worth it against that boss.

And there's always the option of asking in recruiting chat if anyone else is on the final stage of Sands. Just having one person there who can revive you makes things infinitely easier.
    =====

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not on the FINAL stage of Sands. I'm on the second, with the big rock monster that divides into smaller rock monsters.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

I did it with Hildryn myself, which covers stripping armour and having big aoe corrosive damage (of course I mod my balefires for corrosive), and didn'thave any real problems. So I can second the advice about that.

It might be worth leaving it for a bit and coming back once your MR gives you access to better guns.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-01-04 at 06:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    It might be worth leaving it for a bit and coming back once your MR gives you access to better guns.
    I kind of cheesed the second and final bosses, myself.

Nyx is good... but... you'll want different weapons. The ones you have listed won't cut it, IMHO.

If you want to try early, get a Torid from the Bio Lab, toss on a Cryo mod to convert it into Viral damage... which does almost double dam to the Tomb Guardians. So, if you can get them:
    Cryo Rounds (+cold dam)
    Infected Clip (+toxic dam)
    Malignant Force (+toxic dam, +status)
    Serration (+dam)
    Hammer Shot (+status, +critical damage)
    Rime Rounds (+60% cold, +60% status)

Most of the above are easy enough to get, save for Rime Rounds, which needs a successful Rotation C on Tier 2 spy missions. Bode on Ceres being the first of the T2.

That should help boost damage and provide about 60% chance of debuffing. Add whatever other mods you like for flavor. If you want, get a rifle ammo mutation as well, just to convert ammo drops into things you can use.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-01-04 at 07:45 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, in order to build the Torid you mentioned, I need more Mutagen Masses, which I also picked up the recipe for at the Bio Lab...and I also need to get more credits and a Forma. What would be the fastest way to get those so I can actually get the Torid made?

And what's a Rotation C? I finally got access to Ceres, so I have access to Bode.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

And what's a Rotation C? I finally got access to Ceres, so I have access to Bode.
    Endless missions have 3 reward pools: A, B, and C. You get them in A A B C order. So every 20 minutes in a survival, or 20 waves of defense, etc. you get a reward from the Rotation C. (The thread title is a joke about that - the fourth reward you get is from C.)
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

How does that work with Spy Missions, like what sihnfahl said I'd find Rime Rounds from? You don't have rounds or waves in Spy missions.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

How does that work with Spy Missions, like what sihnfahl said I'd find Rime Rounds from? You don't have rounds or waves in Spy missions.
    For spy missions, it is by number of vaults. One vault gets you an A reward, Teo vaults gets you an A reward and a B reward, and opening all three gives you an A, B, and C reward.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so I gotta be EXTRA careful so I don't fail any vaults. I get it. Thank you!

Any word on how to get more Mutagen Samples so I can make Mutagen Masses? And how to get more Forma (I spent them all on Syndicate Advances and in the Foundry to make other things)?

I also have another problem in that I've now got ALL THREE types of hunters after me: The Stalker, Zanuka AND Grustag 3. I'm hesitant to go into missions alone to farm more things like Plastids and Credits because I'm worried one of them will turn up and gank me when I don't have backup...

17. - Top - End - #167

You can get Mutagen Samples from the Derelict (buy the key blueprints) or from Eris, one of the final planets in the starchart.
    However, you can get full Mutagen Masses from Infested Invasions and higher-level Bounties on Venus.

For Formas, you pretty much have to open relics to get the blueprints, and then build them, or due Derelict Defense.
    There are many other ways to get forma but they are all very unreliable.

Don't worry about dying to the hunters. It happens to everyone, and is only a small setback.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

It's less the dying I'm concerned about and more missing out on the blueprints they drop...

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

It's less the dying I'm concerned about and more missing out on the blueprints they drop...
    Just do missions with lots of open squads so you have some teammates to gun them down.

EDIT Oh! And make you scan stalker. His upgraded form is a different codex entry and it can be annoying to track down once he's upgraded for you.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-01-05 at 04:11 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

20. - Top - End - #170

Griffon

Mutagen Masses - Do the Infested Invasions that refresh daily. You'll get a selection of 1-3 Fieldron, Detonite and Masses ready built, so it's handy to do them regularly as they are expensive to build from blueprint and a pain to wait for it you need several for a blueprint.

Formas - Open relics, wait for the Gift of the Lotus (roughly once per month or other special occasions) and complete Nightwave achievements. You'll get 3 of them ready made for reaching rank 22, although it might be too late in the season to get up there if you haven't already made a start. You can also try and get them as a reward for Sorties but that might be a tall order, and it's the most RNG of ways to do it.

Credits - Your first mission of the day after getting your login reward gives you double credits; Make sure you do a Dark Sector Survival (Malva, Venus or Wahiba, Mars are decent early on) to get the most efficient boost. You can also sell all of your duplicate mods for credits, and every so often have a look in your inventory (Esc => Equipment => Inventory) and clear out all of your spare blueprints. No one needs 35 Oberon Chassis once you have him built, but they're worth 3,500 credits each.

You also get credit stashes for successfully completing Spy vaults, which is handy since you're already looking for Rime Shot and its a good alternative when the RNG fails you.

As for being hunted, try not to worry about it. They're a VERY rare occurrence so you're hardly going to be plagued by them. I too am hunted by Stalker, Zanuka and Grustag 3; I've seen Stalker twice in 30+ missions, Grustag once in the last month and... I genuinely cant remember the last time Zanuka came after me.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I just got Rime Rounds thanks to a friendly random player who was farming Bode! I also wound up with the Brakk Barrel and Reciever, since The Grustag 3 decided to crash the party, though we extracted before I could beat the 3rd one and get the overall blueprint. They ain't so tough!

I also managed to get my paws on a Forma Blueprint that is currently cooking! All that's left is to get more Mutagen Masses, pad my credit account, and see if I can find Malignant Force and Hammer Shot.

EDIT: Upon doing more research, can I get away with not having Malignant Force if I've got the other ones. I just found to get that one you need to fight Corrupted Vor, and I don't think I'm ANYWHERE near reaching him yet without a taxi..
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-05 at 06:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

EDIT: Upon doing more research, can I get away with not having Malignant Force if I've got the other ones. I just found to get that one you need to fight Corrupted Vor, and I don't think I'm ANYWHERE near reaching him yet without a taxi..
    Yes, as with everything, it just takes a bit longer (it's just a DPS drop).

Course, I need to run C. Vor again at some point for his shotgun and melee mods...

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    As for being hunted, try not to worry about it. They're a VERY rare occurrence so you're hardly going to be plagued by them.
    This is true. I've been playing for two years and don't have the last part for the Brakk.
    =====

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Yes, as with everything, it just takes a bit longer (it's just a DPS drop).

Course, I need to run C. Vor again at some point for his shotgun and melee mods...
    DPS drop? What's that mean?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

DPS drop? What's that mean?
    You do less dps (damage per second).

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    You do less dps (damage per second).
    Oh. I thought they meant some sort of alternative loot method. Sorry!

27. - Top - End - #177

Drops per second... heh
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, so I gotta be EXTRA careful so I don't fail any vaults. I get it. Thank you!
    Since you're still probably using the Liset landing craft, look into Air Support Charges, which are buildable after you've installed the Landing Craft Foundry Segment (purchasable from the Tenno Lab in the Dojo).

The Liset's special ability is Override, which resets alarms and disables cameras and lockdown. Most importantly, for Rescue and Spy missions, it pauses the countdown timer, buying you valuable extra seconds for when somebody's triggered a vault purge. I highly recommend binding it to a mappable gear wheel key as a panic button (mine's on the numpad 0 key).

They're invaluable when you get to Sorties; for Sortie Spy, failing just one vault causes an entire mission failure and Sortie Rescues starts counting down the prisoner kill timer immediately (there's one rescue that's an absolute pain to do because of this).

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Look at them, they come to this place then they know they are not pure...

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Look at them, they come to this place then they know they are not pure...
    Yeah, they're positively Toxic.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

I need to do C.Vor a few times myself.