Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Yeah, they're positively Toxic.
    Oh you

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I need to do C.Vor a few times myself.
    I had to do a boatload of times - he just would. not. drop. Pistol Pestilence. ***hole.

@Archpaladin Zousha: I think we missed this, but re Malignant Force being essential - you'll miss out on the status chance increase of course, but it's not really essential, the 90% toxin mod will get you your combined element. One thing to note - Corrupted Vor is in the very last part of the Void, where all the enemies do 2x the damage they'd otherwise do. So it's a good thing to wait until you can get there under your own steam, when you'll be able to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Nightwave Hacking challenge on same day as Razorback Armada?

Oh happy day!
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of Nightwave, is it going to roll over to a new act soon? I've heard rumors to that effect, which terrify me as I'm nowhere near that Umbra Forma yet, and feel like I'm progressing at half-pace because a number of the challenges require me to have certain quests completed or access to certain locations I'm nowhere near unlocking, and I already missed the first two Umbra Formas because their acts wrapped up before I even started playing Warframe.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-09 at 10:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Nightwave Acts last for 10-11 weeks, and the most recent one - Intermission 2 - started on October 21st.

Unless DE are breaking their established habit or otherwise delaying it because they were on holiday over the Christmas period, Nightwave is due to begin a new Act at the end of this week. I feel that it's quite likely to be delayed a little, given that they have just released Railjack and, by most accounts, it still needs a LOT of bugfixing and tweaking and DE might not want both projects going side-by-side.

Don't worry too much about it, though - you don't need the Umbra Forma until you get the Umbra Mods, which only become available after you have unlocked Lua and The Sacrifice quest becomes available. It's pretty much the last area that you'll unlock on the star-map, so even if you don't make it this Act you have plenty of time to catch up for the next one.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-01-09 at 11:34 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

I'll still ultimately have fewer Umbra Forma in total, meaning I can't mod as much stuff with them as other players who had more Umbra Forma to burn...Umbra Forma are meant to be rare and exclusive and once they're gone they're gone for good, right? Like Excalibur Prime?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-09 at 12:10 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Nightwave replaced the Alert system, so I'm fairly certain it's a permanent feature. There will be more acts after this one wraps with more chances to get Umbra Forma. For now you should focus on unlocking the star map and getting quests done.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    I'll still ultimately have fewer Umbra Forma in total, meaning I can't mod as much stuff with them as other players who had more Umbra Forma to burn...Umbra Forma are meant to be rare and exclusive and once they're gone they're gone for good, right? Like Excalibur Prime?
    Umbral Forma are intended to be rare and hard to get, but not exclusive - aside from Nightwave and Gifts of the Lotus, they currently drop from Reinforced Crates in the Veil Proxima.

In comparison, Excal Prime was a one time reward only for players who dropped >$50 USD or local equivalent for a Founders package between 19 Dec 2012 and 01 Nov 2013.

They've even opened up the beta testers only weapons (the Vandal versions of the Braton and Lato) via ESO, so the list of non-cosmetic 'gone for good' items is very, very exclusive (Excal Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime).

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Umbra forma are rare, but they're not much more useful than regular forma. There's exactly five mods they work with.

You're much better off forma-ing some of the other 5-6 mod slots on your frame/weapon if you really wanna run the umbra mods and need some more mod capacity.

That said, if you really want an Umbra Forma they're also a rare drop from high end railjack missions.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-01-09 at 01:01 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

See I didn't know you could get extra ones via Railjack. I thought they were Nightwave only...
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

See I didn't know you could get extra ones via Railjack. I thought they were Nightwave only...
    Part of the release notes for Update 27.

"Players have often requested an alternate path to obtain Forma Blueprints. Forma Blueprints can be found within the rewards of Railjack!"

That being said, it uses Kuva. Which is a chance reward from Cetus and Fortuna bounties... but if you want reliable farming, you need to get past The War Within.

Personally, the first things I bought with Nightwave cred was nitain extract. It's a rare drop from annoying missions, and you need a lot of it to craft certain items.
    Second, Orokin Reactors to boost warframes, since it's a rare reward for low-level stuff. And a bit of a roll of the dice for higher level stuff.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-01-09 at 07:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

I imagine they'll announce the end of Nightwave ahead of time, like they did for the last act. So there should be a heads up for it.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

1.7k Cryotic Down, 7.3k to go.

Stupid Booben Prime.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

How the heck did I get a blueprint for Frost Prime in a Void Relic?! Isn't he vaulted?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

14. - Top - End - #194

NinjaGuy

Did you get it from someone else while running a public mission?
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

15. - Top - End - #195

Im sure i do that to a lot of people. I normally use what i have the most of and that is all the old relics from my Tower keys days
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Im sure i do that to a lot of people. I normally use what i have the most of and that is all the old relics from my Tower keys days
    Hah. I do that to people too, when I bother to log on. I have relics dating back to when other primes were open, and it's always nice when you luck into one of those.

17. - Top - End - #197

Griffon

I've been *relying* on it recently. There was a period where I didn't play for half a year, so I missed out on a full rotation of vaulted items.

When I came back I didn't bother farming relics for ages, but in the last couple of weeks all I've done is run fissures. People seem really happy to get a Saryn Systems or Rhino chassis even though there's nearly no chance that they'll get any other parts, so I don't feel guilty for using them to open sets of Ivara, Chroma, Atlas and Wukong, one after the other.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

How the heck did I get a blueprint for Frost Prime in a Void Relic?! Isn't he vaulted?
    All that being vaulted means is that relics with their parts are not in any reward tables. If someone has existing relics, they can still be cracked open.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

It was a public run, yes. I guess this means I can't find any component blueprints unless I get lucky or Frost Prime becomes unvaulted again.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

It was a public run, yes. I guess this means I can't find any component blueprints unless I get lucky or Frost Prime becomes unvaulted again.
    You can still trade for it, usually with platinum.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The Devs have talked about moving Frost Prime, Ember Prime, and Loki Prime to another system just because they have heen unvaulted so many times. I haven't heard anything recently, though.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You can still trade for it, usually with platinum.
    Where would I find more information about that? I heard rumors that Trade Chat is a wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Also, HOORAY! The latest Infested Invasion on Mars will get me the Mutagen Masses I need to make the Torid I need to complete Part II of the Sands of Inaros!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Where would I find more information about that? I heard rumors that Trade Chat is a wretched hive of scum and villainy!
    Try warframe.market for trading stuff.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Try warframe.market for trading stuff.
    Thanks for the link, Tome! I've signed up and I just realized I can use it for the other mods that were recommended for my new Torid that I can't access yet!

EDIT: Um...how do I use this website?!

EDIT EDIT: Anyone got tips on how to pass the Mastery Rank 8 test? I know what I'm supposed to do, but I keep overshooting the platforms with my bullet jumps and failing the test as a result.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-12 at 06:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

NinjaGuy

Re warframe.market: It's not too difficult. If you're buying, type in the name of the item you're looking for and search. You'll be taken to a list of people who are selling the item, showing how much they're planning on selling it for, how many they have, if they're (supposed to be*) online in the game at the moment or online on the site. You can contact buyers in one of two ways:
    1) Using the site's chat service: click on the icon with two speech bubbles on the right of the screen to chat with the seller.
    2) Using Warframe's chat: click on the 'copy' icon to the right of the icon mentioned above. This will produce some text you can copy into any chat window in the game, and after hitting enter a chat tab to that player will open up with the message sent.
    You can also lodge an order on the site, but I've never done that (never needed to, there are usually at least a few buyers online for whatever you want).

Re mastery test: Have a look at this video to see if you're missing some parkour moves that'll help, but otherwise just practice the test with Cephalon Simaris until you're comfortable with it: go to his room on any relay, turn right immediately and see you'll see a corridor with alcoves that have the mastery rank symbols in them. Go to the rank 8 one, interact with the symbol and choose 'Practice'. This will let you try out the test an unlimited number of times before you want to take it for real.

* People sometimes forget to change their status, so they say they'll be online in game but aren't.

26. - Top - End - #206

Griffon

Like that SeniorGuy said; the Mastery Rank test us just a matter of knowing all of the maneuvers.

The platforms appear in the same configuration each time, so you just need to learn which ones you need to double-jump, bullet-jump or glide to get to. Once you have memorized the order, it becomes a lot less intimidating as you know which move you're about to pull off and can concentrate on aiming the landing.

....I really ought to do my MR25 test at some point. It's likely the last one I'll ever do, since I really can't be bothered with farming relics for old item parts or Cetus influence for Zaws (among the last sources of MR I have left available), but I know that I can cheese it with Titania so I've been putting it off.

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Like that SeniorGuy said; the Mastery Rank test us just a matter of knowing all of the maneuvers.

The platforms appear in the same configuration each time, so you just need to learn which ones you need to double-jump, bullet-jump or glide to get to. Once you have memorized the order, it becomes a lot less intimidating as you know which move you're about to pull off and can concentrate on aiming the landing.
    Additionally, the test isn't timed (according to the wiki) so you have plenty of time to get the jumps right.

....I really ought to do my MR25 test at some point. It's likely the last one I'll ever do, since I really can't be bothered with farming relics for old item parts or Cetus influence for Zaws (among the last sources of MR I have left available), but I know that I can cheese it with Titania so I've been putting it off.
    Wukong should be able to cheese it even more, as I think his Cloud Walker is faster than Titania (if Razorwing Blitz isn't being used). I certainly cheesed the MR27 test with him.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Eh, it's just another slot, upgraded max rep / day, more void.

26 was fun, yep! Just used Ash and the grineer didn't know I was there most of the time. It was just the dashes to replenish energy and the brief time between #2 activations.

Just piled on duration, efficiency and energy. With Narrow Minded, a maxed Primed Continuity, Augur Message, Streamline and Flow... it lasts a while.

Add in Armored Agility, Rush...

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the tips again, folks! I got it figured out now and have all the mods sihnfahl mentioned! Now I just have to make more money to get them upgraded and my Torid'll be ready!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

I'll admit to cheesing most of my mastery rank tests with Titania. She is my main frame nowadays after all.