New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Speaking of cheesing MR tests, I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found out Banshee+Redeemer Prime could bypass the MR19 test; A rescue mission in which you absolutely cannot be seen, and have no tool except your melee weapon and your warframe's passive. But Gunblades give you a melee weapon that, well, shoots bullets, and Banshee silences it... 3 minutes of sniping every last mook later, and the Rescue target and I strolled out without a care in the world.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I'll admit to cheesing most of my mastery rank tests with Titania. She is my main frame nowadays after all.
    And she should be the next Prime. I'm looking forward to that. Just hope she doesn't end up looking as ridiculous as Ivara.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Wukong should be able to cheese it even more, as I think his Cloud Walker is faster than Titania (if Razorwing Blitz isn't being used). I certainly cheesed the MR27 test with him.
    I'm told that Titania is the one to use because for this test you need to a) fly and b) melee attack the time-orbs, and I don't trust myself not to run out of energy using Cloud Walker. You're *supposed* to use the archwing launcher and keep hopping in/out of it as required, so I suppose I'll give it one honest attempt and see how it works, but it's nice to have a back-up plan for when I get tired of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Speaking of cheesing MR tests, I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found out Banshee+Redeemer Prime could bypass the MR19 test; A rescue mission in which you absolutely cannot be seen, and have no tool except your melee weapon and your warframe's passive. But Gunblades give you a melee weapon that, well, shoots bullets, and Banshee silences it... 3 minutes of sniping every last mook later, and the Rescue target and I strolled out without a care in the world.
    The Redeemer is a bit of a gamble for that test, I found - even with Banshee, you can still raise the alarm if you miss a shot, or if one of the targets sees another one get shot. It's fine if you have the patience to be pin-perfect accurate, but for me it was one failure after another.

I think in the end I did it with Ivara (maxed out her radar) + Shade + Dark Dagger. It took a few attempts and I had to curb my instinct to rush the enemies at the earliest opportunity, but the extra concealment let me get close enough to watch the enemies move and reach them in a single bullet-jump without them seeing me. Mostly though, I just learned the course and hid in the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Just hope she doesn't end up looking as ridiculous as Ivara.
    One thing I'll say in favour of Ivara Prime; if you activate a Kuva Lich with her, that Lich will have bits of her "jellyfish" attire sprouting from its armour as a memento.

The first Lich I acquired was with Hydroid Prime and its only with hindsight I realise that it had some tentacle-y armour plates growing on it, but the one I got with Ivara quite obviously had a piece of her veil sprouting from it's back and shoulder. It looks very silly, but in a funny way.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-01-13 at 04:54 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I have a Redeemer Prime Blueprint and Blade! Which Relic has the other part?

Also, is it just me, or is Jupiter a bit of a spike in terms of difficulty? I've found myself getting killed MUCH more frequently by the enemies there, to the point where I actually ran out of revives and failed an Exterminate mission I attempted to solo!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-13 at 10:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post

Also, is it just me, or is Jupiter a bit of a spike in terms of difficulty? I've found myself getting killed MUCH more frequently by the enemies there, to the point where I actually ran out of revives and failed an Exterminate mission I attempted to solo!
    Very likely. Jupiter is the first planet where enemy actually have noticeable armour, and do substantially more damage. You'd want to rock fully modded loadouts from this point forward.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

From the wiki, the Handle is a rare drop from the Neo R3 relic. It's also available from the Axi R2 and Axi R3 relics, but they're both vaulted.

Yeah, as Grif said, from Jupiter/Saturn onwards, you have start properly modding for the correct damage types and have rank 4-5 damage mods (e.g. the damage types like Infected Clip or Contagious Spread, base damage mods like Serration) at least.

The spike was usually from Saturn as the Grineer started having decent armour values, but with the Jupiter re-work, that curve starts a planet earlier now.

The next spike in difficulty is normally about Uranus as the Grineer armour really starts to ramp up - you'll be wanting a near full build by now.

My personal preferences:
    • Grineer: Corrosive (for regular units) or Radiation (heavy units like the Gunners, Scorches, Bombards, etc)
    • Corpus: Radiation and Toxin (Radiation for mechanical units, Toxin as it bypasses shields).
    • Infested: Corrosive (for heavy units like Ancients) or Gas/Heat (for everything else)

If you can't manage both damage types for Corpus, then I'd use Radiation as the only Corpus unit with enough shields for it to matter are the Anti MOAs.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2020-01-13 at 12:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Personally, I prefer to just use corrosive on everything. There's only one defence that resists it (some corpus shields) and the two beefiest target types are weak to it (ancients and the heavier grineer units).
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-01-13 at 02:52 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my Torid would be good...once I'm done with the Sands of Inaros bit I got it for, I can probably root around for some mods to turn it into a Corrosion gun!

I also recieved a generous gift from another player! They had spares of the Prime parts to make the Braton and Lex Primes and basically just GAVE them to me (I gave them an Ayatan Star as a token because the trade interface demanded I give them SOMETHING in exchange)!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

9. - Top - End - #219

So liches are not as bad as i had feared, certainly doing them with other people makes it a more interesting venture. Captured my first one, probably should have just killed it for the gun but the gun was the arch gun and i have no time for whatever mess you need to do get the things that lets you use archguns in missions since i know it involves fortuna rep and all that muck.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my Torid would be good...once I'm done with the Sands of Inaros bit I got it for, I can probably root around for some mods to turn it into a Corrosion gun!

I also recieved a generous gift from another player! They had spares of the Prime parts to make the Braton and Lex Primes and basically just GAVE them to me (I gave them an Ayatan Star as a token because the trade interface demanded I give them SOMETHING in exchange)!
    The Torid has innate Toxin damage, so the only mod you need is Stormbringer to make it deal Corrosive, which is nice.

The Braton and Lex Primes are what referred to as 'evergreen' primes - they've never been vaulted (outside of a DE error), so are always available. The others on this list are:
    • Akbronco Prime
    • Bronco Prime
    • Burston Prime
    • Fang Prime
    • Orthos Prime
    • Paris Prime

So unless you've not mastered these weapons, they are generally a low pick unless you need the ducats.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed, I've seen stuff for them often in the Lith relics I've picked up (I've got like a dozen of the things!). This just saved me some time!

I also passed the MR8 test finally (which is why I can make those in the first place)!

Question: I saw a picture of what appeared to be a Zaw with a skin, but I thought you COULDN'T apply skins to Zaws. Was that changed? if so, I may want to make my way down to the Plains of Eidolon sooner than I expected to make one...

I'm starting to realize why there's different configurations and loadouts available, given what you've said about having a full build at this stage: they're timesavers so you can switch what you're using and the mods in your stuff for whatever mission type you're preparing for, without having to muck around in the Arsenal sorting through your Frames and weapons and mods for both...it's interesting how there's more and more to keep track of as the game goes on...and more than a little intimidating, if I'm being honest!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-14 at 02:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Indeed, I've seen stuff for them often in the Lith relics I've picked up (I've got like a dozen of the things!). This just saved me some time!

I also passed the MR8 test finally (which is why I can make those in the first place)!

Question: I saw a picture of what appeared to be a Zaw with a skin, but I thought you COULDN'T apply skins to Zaws. Was that changed? if so, I may want to make my way down to the Plains of Eidolon sooner than I expected to make one...

I'm starting to realize why there's different configurations and loadouts available, given what you've said about having a full build at this stage: they're timesavers so you can switch what you're using and the mods in your stuff for whatever mission type you're preparing for, without having to muck around in the Arsenal sorting through your Frames and weapons and mods for both...it's interesting how there's more and more to keep track of as the game goes on...and more than a little intimidating, if I'm being honest!
    Zaws were changed so they can have "universal" skins. While there aren't any dedicated zaw skins, some deluxe skins (skins that change an item's model, not just the pattern) apply to a whole range of weapons. For instance, My Plague Keewar uses the Anpu_Staff_Skin I bought from Baro Ki'tear a while back. Most deluxe skins are exclusive to the market (In fact, I think the Anpu Staff is the only universal one that isn't), and many weapon skins are also only available in bundles with a Warframe Deluxe skin that matches them, unfortunately.

13. - Top - End - #223

Griffon

Newly (?) possible as of update 26.1. Enough people had asked about it over the last 2 years that even DE were able to catch up with it.

And, there's no reason not to have a look at Eidolon. You might have to avoid the higher level bounties and be prepared to run from swarms of Vomalysts at night, but there's absolutely no reason that you shouldn't get into the fishing, mining and hunting minigames - having a stockpile of that stuff will serve you well later in the game.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Aside from what Squark said, Cetus allows players to pay a nominal plat fee to rename ANY melee weapon. What you saw may also have just been someone with a "standard" melee weapon (with or without a skin applied) that had been renamed.
    They really do save time. For the most part, I use loadouts for swapping to my preferred setups for the various mission types - Ivara for Spy/Exterminate/Capture/Rescue, Wisp for Defense, Frost for Mobile Defense, Saryn for SO/ESO, etc. I mostly name weapon configurations according to element combos for quick and easy switching depending on what my expected targets are and/or Nightwave objectives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

You'll get into the groove once you see the weaknesses and such multiplying in effectiveness.

At lower levels, the resistances are there, but minimal. At higher levels, more pronounced.

So much so that you'll WANT a secondary with different damage types than your primary. For example, you can tear the Infested apart with an Amprex set for corrosive. At least, until you hit a group protected by an Ancient... in which case, your primary weapon does zip and zilch. So you swap to melee or your secondary to pop the ancient, then resume tearing into the groups.

Also, certain mods are wonderful to have at higher levels because they ramp up your resistances to damage. Problem is, they're not as good at lower levels because the enemies can't hurt you at that level in the game, and you're just gimping output for survivability you don't need. So you have a 'survive long enough to take things down' setup, and a 'take things down so fast you don't have to worry about survival' getup.

This is why you trade for platinum, too; buy up warframe slots so you can try the frames and see which ones you like without having to go through the time of rebuilding them.

Oh, as for my preferred frames?
    Defense: Khora (strangledome and ensnare with a good range and duration make things so much easier); downside is how tedious she is to get. Frost works well, too
    Sabotage: Saryn, Ash
    Exterminate: Valkyr, Saryn, Equinox
    Spy: Limbo (his rifts bypass walls, but not cameras), Ash and Ivara
    Rescue: Ash
    Survival: Khora with a pilfering strangledome, Nekros
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-01-14 at 07:21 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    So much so that you'll WANT a secondary with different damage types than your primary. For example, you can tear the Infested apart with an Amprex set for corrosive. At least, until you hit a group protected by an Ancient... in which case, your primary weapon does zip and zilch. So you swap to melee or your secondary to pop the ancient, then resume tearing into the groups.
    To be fair, the issue there is Ancient Healers are healed by damage you do to their friends, and they grant their friends crazy damage resistance. Corrosive is actually the correct damage type to use against them- You just need a bit more precision for dealing with them.

As far as elemental/weapon combos for enemies; here's my thoughts.

-For Grineer, you want Corrosive and Radiation. Usually, these will be on separate weapons, since you can't build both elements at the same time, but some weapons have innate Radiation or Corrosive damage. A higher status chance is preferable on the Corrosive weapon- It can even be preferable to spray a high level heavy target like a Bombard or Nox with a corrosive weapon with high status to strip some armor, then switch to a radiation weapon for a killing blow.

-For Corpus, you'll want one weapon with high toxin or gas (with high status) for humans an robots whose health is overwhelmingly shield-based (such as Anti-moas), while for heavy robots like Bursas, Fusion Moas, and Bosses (including the various reused ones in the Orb Vallis), you'll want a Radiation-based weapon. These can be combined into one weapon if use toxin+radiation, but I'd prefer to specialize, especially once you have the mods to enable gas builds

-For the Infested, Corrosive+Heat is king. This combo eats through every type of infested, and can't be shut down by toxic ancients the way gas builds can. I'd have one AOE weapon (the Ignis Wraith is tailor made for this; Get the blueprint cheap from trading with someone from a clan that got the blueprint as a prize from an old event) for every enemy except Ancient Healers, and then a preciscion weapon to take out the Ancient Healers without hitting mooks and healing said Ancient.

-The corrupted are a motley bunch with a large variety of health types since they draw from every other faction. Corrosive+Cold will hit everything they have pretty effectively, though. A radiation weapon for Bombards and Corrupted Moas might help, too, although Corrosive+Cold is actually pretty decent against the Bombard's Alloy Armor.

*There's one combination that's good against everything that can be affected by status effects, and that's Viral+Slash. However, this is generally saved for high level gameplay where the enemy has enough health that a well built weapon won't just tear through them instantly anyway, and some of the finer points of building for Slash can be confusing to explain, especially once you bring Hunter Munitions into the conversation, so I'll leave that explanation for you to seek out if you want to look at theory crafting

17. - Top - End - #227

Griffon

A true warrior will run Spy missions with Octavia and boogie their way to victory at full volume, cameras and alarms be damned.

And by "true warrior" I obviously mean "someone who is too lazy/forgetful to swap their 'frame out between each of the 3 sortie missions". Don't look at me like that, we've all done it.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't, I don't HAVE Octavia yet!

Once I've maxxed out Serration on my Torid (it's the last mod in it not fully upgraded), how should I proceed on Sands of Inaros part 2 with my Nyx, as was recommended along with the Torid earlier in this thread?

I'll admit my tactical use of Warframe powers is...lacking. Excalibur and Rhino were pretty easy to figure out, since most of their powers facilitated my basic strategy of running in circles swinging a melee weapon in blind panic. Vauban and Oberon took some getting used to, and even then I'm fairly certain I wasnt utilizing their best tricks to the fullest. And Nyx and Mag, my most recent ones, I've just been tapping random power keys to see what they do in between pointing my Torid at a group of enemies and reducing them to a viral mist or the aforementioned running in circles swinging a melee weapon in blind panic (or trailing in the wake of much more experienced players, awed and possibly a little jealous at how incredibly fast they can complete a mission, making me feel like I'm not pulling my weight). What SHOULD I be doing to be a more effective teammate?

I'm more than a little surprised at the speed at which I've been collecting Warframes and how fast they've gotten to max rank once I've built them. Tomorrow my Frost will be ready, and he'll probably be max rank by the end of the week!
    Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Aside from what Squark said, Cetus allows players to pay a nominal plat fee to rename ANY melee weapon. What you saw may also have just been someone with a "standard" melee weapon (with or without a skin applied) that had been renamed.
    Nope! Its icon was DEFINITELY the Dokrahm Zaw Strike, and it DEFINITELY had BeastBuster's Tengoken Heavy Blade skin!

That makes Dokrahm a LOT more attractive now that I know it can be made to look like a proper greatsword instead of some weird falx or something...
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-15 at 10:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I haven't, I don't HAVE Octavia yet!

Once I've maxxed out Serration on my Torid (it's the last mod in it not fully upgraded), how should I proceed on Sands of Inaros part 2 with my Nyx, as was recommended along with the Torid earlier in this thread?

I'll admit my tactical use of Warframe powers is...lacking. Excalibur and Rhino were pretty easy to figure out, since most of their powers facilitated my basic strategy of running in circles swinging a melee weapon in blind panic. Vauban and Oberon took some getting used to, and even then I'm fairly certain I wasnt utilizing their best tricks to the fullest. And Nyx and Mag, my most recent ones, I've just been tapping random power keys to see what they do in between pointing my Torid at a group of enemies and reducing them to a viral mist or the aforementioned running in circles swinging a melee weapon in blind panic (or trailing in the wake of much more experienced players, awed and possibly a little jealous at how incredibly fast they can complete a mission, making me feel like I'm not pulling my weight). What SHOULD I be doing to be a more effective teammate?

I'm more than a little surprised at the speed at which I've been collecting Warframes and how fast they've gotten to max rank once I've built them. Tomorrow my Frost will be ready, and he'll probably be max rank by the end of the week!
    Maxxing out Serration (and Hornet Strike) takes a fair bit of effort. I'd honestly start waiting to increase it's rank until the mod cost matches your MR, so you can always put into a brand new weapon you're leveling. In general, getting most mods above rank is a status symbol/personal pride thing.

For that matter, I'd hesitate to invest too many resources into Serration since you may prefer the amalgam version unlocked through the bimonthly event on Fortuna- Losing 10% base damage to gain 25% sprint speed is amazing.

As far as frames go...

Vauban: I don't know how he works post-rework, as I'm still farming the cryotic to make his prime version. There's no way to get around the fact he's one of the squishiest warframes in the game, though, so use all of his Crowd Control to ensure he isn't shot in the first place.
    Oberon: A lot of Oberon's synergy is built around his grass power. Aside from protecting friendlies standing in it from status effects, it will frequently inflict radiation status effects on enemies inside it, confusing them- And doubling the damage they take from his first and fourth powers
    Mag: Another contender for squishiest warframe in the game. I don't know her too well, but take advantage of her ability to strip Grineer armor, and combine her bubbles with projectile (as opposed to hitscan) weapons to maximize her effectiveness.
    Nyx: Nyx is... weird, and heavily dependent on her augments.
    Frost: use the bubble to defend things. Don't accidentally bit it with your first ability. You can, however, place a bubble somewhere else, then detonate it by hitting it with your 1 as a form of crowd control. Just realize you are a slowpoke with no movement abilities.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Vauban has a pretty nifty toolkit post re-work, though he's still best on more static missions such as defence, mobile defence, survival, interception etc.

Your 1 is a fire and forget ability. Toss your full stack of balls into a pack of enemies, then refresh if they run out or fall too far behind.

The 2 has a lot of options. Damage boosters are always good to have on yourself, whilst the nailbomb is good for locking down points (by killing anything that comes near). The tether sort of does the same job as your 3, and the booster takes a good bit of practice to use practically.

The 3 is the big one. Either use it to lockdown massive areas and render more static missions a breeze, or trigger the vortex to pull everything together and murder them with AoEs like your 4.

The 4 is just a big damage nuke on a pack of enemies. Great if you've used some of your CC to group enemies into a big pile.

Range and duration are particularly important for most of his powers.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-01-15 at 10:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

You mixed up Vauban's 3 and 4 there.

What SHOULD I be doing to be a more effective teammate?
    1) get good at moving around. Bullet Jump, bullet jump some more, slide, double jump, aim glide etc. in the right combination to get through the level. Walking is what you do when you're shooting or picking things up.

2) Equip Streamline, Fleeting Expertise (rank 2/5 to start with) and (probably) Continuity so you can use your abilities more.

As for the recent warframes:
    Mag
    1 - hits enemies in a cone, damaging them and pulling them towards you. Can be cast while reloading/whatever to protect you, or to drag enemies into the bubbles.
    2 - bubble centered on an enemy. Kills people. You probably want to increase your range mostly for this ability. Enemies can't shoot through it, so usually stay behind or inside one. Use this all the time.
    3 - a wave goes out from you slowly. When it hits enemies, it strips their armor/shields and causes an explosion that hurts other enemies (but not them). Use this all the time.
    4 - enemies near you are stunned and damaged, you and allies get extra shields. Use when in danger.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Further to other advice, you can name your loadouts so you don't have to look through each one manually to see what it's set up for.

One nice thing is that either by luck or design, you don't have to start worrying about the various QOL options (like alternate loadouts) until you have enough mods to start needing them, by which point you're experienced enough to know how to make use of them.

Imagine if we told you to set up a different damage type configuration on your three loadouts for a weapon while you were still in the middle of Vor's Prize?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll point out again that the earlier you start getting Cetus/Fortuna standing and resources, the less frustrating it will be. Collecting stuff before you actually need it is one of the major strategies for dodging frustrating grind in this game. By the way, you can just straight out buy Fortuna standing tokens from Ticker, meaning you can sacrifice resources instead of time for their standing if you prefer.

By the way, the mining laser from Fortuna obsoletes the ones from Cetus and is faster and cheaper to get. They honestly should have removed the 'upgraded' mining tools from the Cetus reward options after introducing the Sunpoint...

Now, for a short guide to Nyx, one of my favorite frames:

Ability 1, Mind Control. Makes the enemy you use it on an ally for the duration. AI enemies in this game don't do enough damage to kill each other, so this is best used to steal enemy buffs. Mind Contolling an Ancient Healer will mean its 90% damage resistance aura will affect your team instead of the enemies. Another important feature of the Mind Control mechanic is that all damage the controlled enemy takes is delayed until the Control ends. So a cheap trick against tough enemies is to MC them, pour fire into them while they're controlled, then cancel the MC and watch them explode.

Ability 2, Psychic Bolts. Strips armor from enemies. With some extra Ability Strength, removes 100% of the armor from everything it hits. Armor is the strongest enemy defense and starts scaling out of control at high levels, so this is an amazing utility skill.

Ability 3, Chaos. Fools all enemies in the radius into attacking each other. Extremely good defensive and CC skill, as enemies shooting each other aren't shooting you or the objective.

Ability 4, Absorb. An invulnerability toggle that puts you in stasis and explodes for all the damage it received when you end it. You should definitely trade for the augment mod Assimilate, as this turns it into an invul toggle with no drawback aside from slowed movement. The augment means you can still fight, use abilities and revive people while totally immune to damage.

As usual, I recommend looking up a new frame's abilities on the wiki when you're trying them out. I never would have figured out the ways Hydroid or Inaros' powers can interact with each other on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So liches are not as bad as i had feared, certainly doing them with other people makes it a more interesting venture. Captured my first one, probably should have just killed it for the gun but the gun was the arch gun and i have no time for whatever mess you need to do get the things that lets you use archguns in missions since i know it involves fortuna rep and all that muck.
    If you're playing on PC, I might trade for that lich. I've gone through a dozen so far and haven't once seen the new archgun... and since I'm playing a ton of Railjack these days, I really want more options for space combat.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Now, for a short guide to Nyx, one of my favorite frames:

Ability 1, Mind Control. Makes the enemy you use it on an ally for the duration. AI enemies in this game don't do enough damage to kill each other, so this is best used to steal enemy buffs. Mind Contolling an Ancient Healer will mean its 90% damage resistance aura will affect your team instead of the enemies. Another important feature of the Mind Control mechanic is that all damage the controlled enemy takes is delayed until the Control ends. So a cheap trick against tough enemies is to MC them, pour fire into them while they're controlled, then cancel the MC and watch them explode.
    To clarify, after being affected an enemy becomes immune to damage for a couple seconds (while it's staggered), and any damage you deal to it during the immunity period increases its damage dealt while controlled. The damage you dealt during the immunity period is applied when your control ends (along with any damage it takes while controlled). Also, if you use the Mind Freak augment, control a heavy hitter like a Bombard, and hit it hard enough (say, by unloading any variant of Tigris into its face) while it's immune, your minion will do respectable damage to enemies and then die immediately when your control ends.

Also of note, you cancel it by pressing the ability key again. I didn't know that until I was playing Nyx in a public defense mission and the last thing was my MCed idiot and I thought we had to wait the remaining 30 seconds (I build my Nyx for duration and range) and one of the other players asked why I didn't just end it.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

So what I should do in Inaros' tomb is hit the Guardian with the Torid, letting the viral damage wear it down until it splits, and use Mind Control and Chaos to get the split Guardians to fight each other instead of me, while continuing to fire the Torid at them to wear them down with its AoE viral damage?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-16 at 11:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

So what I should do in Inaros' tomb is hit the Guardian with the Torid, letting the viral damage wear it down until it splits, and use Mind Control and Chaos to get the split Guardians to fight each other instead of me, while continuing to fire the Torid at them to wear them down with its AoE viral damage?
    That should work. Note that you only need one ability or the other; either will get them fighting each other as long as they're closer to each other than they are to you.

Also note that I haven't tried it this way. I did the Inaros quest with Ivara; slip into Prowl and bring them down while invisible works against damn near everything in the game.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...maybe I should look at Ivara then...she IS the hot new Prime Frame after all...On the other hand, I don't know how I feel about playing a Prime before I can get the vanilla version. That seems wrong.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-16 at 03:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The RNG is fickle indeed. After getting Ivara Prime's chassis randomly while running with one other person, I decided to open up my stack of Meso C4s and get the last of her components. And on my first try, another person got it... But my relic had Atlas's systems in it, and those are uncommon while Ivara's neuroptics are common, so surely it'd be much harder 59 get those, right?

7 relics later, and I'd opened 2 more Atlas Prime Systems, with not Ivara Neuroptics in sight. >.>

29. - Top - End - #239

Hmm...maybe I should look at Ivara then...she IS the hot new Prime Frame after all...On the other hand, I don't know how I feel about playing a Prime before I can get the vanilla version. That seems wrong.
    I had Frost Prime long before i ever had the normal one, Third frame i ever had.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

30. - Top - End - #240

Griffon

Some people would argue Mesa as well, but I think that if you're not prepared to grind a few co-ordinates then Warframe probably isn't the game for you

No-one should feel even remotely bad about getting Ash and Equinox Primes before they get the Composite versions, though. There's grind, and then there's grind.