Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

I think I was the first to guess quippie. At least, I can't find an earlier suggestion. However, I wasn't serious.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

2. - Top - End - #902
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    I think I was the first to guess quippie. At least, I can't find an earlier suggestion. However, I wasn't serious.
    Technically, it was me. I officially declare myself the engineer of the Quippie Train.
    Spoiler: Sig Art
    Show

Unnamed OOTS Ripoff Inspired Work coming to whatever medium is most convenient at the time I get off my lazy ass and make it

3. - Top - End - #903
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
    So, just spitballing here. But well into stupid Ideatm territory...

What if the 2nd voice is Senri's troll half because super regenerating Troll blood does just bonkers stuff in stories.

Edit: I can't seem to find where Haley got the Quippie skull. Must be getting rusty, might need to rereadthe story.
    I didn't know trolls blood could do that, but maybe she's like the batman villain 2 face. I've seen some instances where the 2 were like split personalities, and I think they had discussions with each other.

It'd be kinda cliche and copying that particular villain, but I could see that as being a mental block for her and with xykons attack being part of the impetus for that plot direction I could see it happening.

Personally, I'd rather it be a seperate character altogether, and not a split personality or decoy operation.
    Vae Victus!

4. - Top - End - #904
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Put my vote down for fruit pie the sorcerer
    In all seriousness, he's in one strip and has a name
    Last edited by Wizard_Lizard; 2021-04-20 at 04:52 AM.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DapperWarlock View Post
    I can't remember if anyone else brought up this idea earlier, but as long as we're bringing up misdirections, I just noticed that the hint didn't specify who this character will be allied with. If there's any misdirection here, I'd put my money on the idea that the character Rich is hinting at will actually be an ally of someone else like Serini or Team Evil or one of the six other sides of the Gate conflict.

Not that I really think that'll be the case... just an interesting idea.
    Maybe that character will start advocating for social causes that don't impact them personnally?
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Mage avatar by smutmulch.

Forum Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

6. - Top - End - #906

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
    Whelp, I'm sufficently convinced.

I'll hop aboard the Quippie train.
    It's an inanimate ****ing object!

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    It saved them from Xykon and is currently facilitating them in an ambush attempt against the same - that is more then most of their allies have done.

Seperately I do wonder if 'spellcasting Belkar' might count as a major ally who had appeared in only a single page to date - in his last appearance he saved Elan's life and we have reason to believe that he might not survive the entire book.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Do not let the thread title deceive you. Only the thread title says “character”, Rich's statement doesn't.

9. - Top - End - #909

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Do not let the thread title deceive you. Only the thread title says “character”, Rich's statement doesn't.
    Correct, technically speaking. The statement says „someone” (and, as far as I am concerned, it is hard to read poor Quippie's mummified head as a someone).
    That aside, my comment above was more of a (poorly done) movie reference than anything else.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Lizard View Post
    Put my vote down for fruit pie the sorcerer
    In all seriousness, he's in one strip and has a name
    Actually, he has a cameo in the background in a panel of Haleo and Julelan. That will disqualify him.

That aside, my comment above was more of a (poorly done) movie reference than anything else.
    Thog not get reference
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

11. - Top - End - #911
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Thog not get reference
    You're an inanimate ****ing object!

12. - Top - End - #912
    Halfling in the Playground

Actually, he has a cameo in the background in a panel of Haleo and Julelan. That will disqualify him.
    I don't think Sticktales counts as "in-story." They're framed as being told in-between parts of the comic, sure, but the tales themselves aren't in continuity with the main story, so I don't actually think that disqualifies him.

Being dead might, but that's only about a 50/50 chance.
    Spoiler: Sig Art
    Show

Unnamed OOTS Ripoff Inspired Work coming to whatever medium is most convenient at the time I get off my lazy ass and make it

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I don't think Sticktales counts as "in-story." They're framed as being told in-between parts of the comic, sure, but the tales themselves aren't in continuity with the main story, so I don't actually think that disqualifies him.

Fruit Pie The Sorcerer was reincarnated after having been eaten, but now he's made with RealFruit® and without high fructose corn syrup, so I don't think he qualifies as the same 'someone'.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The temptation to quote In Bruges is overwhelming, but I'm afraid the reference might go over some heads and it would just seem mean.
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    We're from Europe, not a mirror dimension.

15. - Top - End - #915

Lizardfolk

Hmm forgot about that... though Dapper's thing below may exclude that?

Death is no barrier for the mighty sorcerer, Fruit Pie!!
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.