New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

How about Boss Monster in the penultimate panel of 619? It's a hanging thread and a blue dragon with goons would be CR-appropriate.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    Wait, are we talking about whether Haley is half-celestial again? Like, seriously, and not as a joke?
    I know I haven’t been making the best guesses here, but I honestly don’t think it’s any of the gods (Hel tried to get involved and we see how that went) or any of the main characters family members. We’ve done the family thing for everyone but Belkar and I don’t know if he even has a family?

All that said I don’t have any real serious guesses going. There are plenty of one-off nameless characters it can be.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The only one I can think of is the King of Nowhere.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Has no one suggested the contagious sphinx yet?

5. - Top - End - #215

Obviously it's going to be the beholder from the first book. He's finally finished with the lawyers trying to prevent his big break.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Obviously it's going to be the beholder from the first book. He's finally finished with the lawyers trying to prevent his big break.
    I hear he's eye-conic.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #217

I wouldn't bat a lash at it becoming famous.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Wait, were we supposed to be taking this seriously?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalFailure View Post
    Wait, were we supposed to be taking this seriously?
    Surely. With the same high standards of seriousness we adopt for each and every speculation and predictions in this forum.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I hear he's eye-conic.
    That's eye-rodic.

11. - Top - End - #221

Are you sure you don't mean eye-ronic?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean eye-ronic?
    Eyes aren't made up of cones and rons.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Eyes aren't made up of cones and rons.
    The Weasley family disagrees.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

14. - Top - End - #224

Lizardfolk

Farewell my Cone-y eye-land gal?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by CJG View Post
    why not one of the good aligned goblins?
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0093.html

We see a few of them just once I think.

Mind you, I’m just guessing for fun. I doubt this will pan out
    Because they were teenagers then, now they'll have grown out of their good alignment syndrome, there will be other teenage goblins, but they'll be as low level as those were back then.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Yes, but in her actual sole appearance it says explicitly that she died.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0772.html
    I don't think it's her, but death is only a minor setback in this universe.

Anyway, it can't be her, because it's clearly That Guy With A Halberd

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

So the crew of the Mechane have probably already heard of Hel's plan and of Xykon. Perhaps not all of them shares Andy's and Five O'Clock Shadow's view from #1028 that the apocalypse is not the mechane's business. The Order can recruit an ally from them.

It turns out that indeed some of the crew of the Mechane only appeared on one page so far. The crewman in yellow clothes and with earrings appears only in #934 third panel. #392 fourteenth panel shows three people throwing alchemist's fire, and two of them only appear on that one page (the middle one may or may not be the same as the person in #933 first panel).

18. - Top - End - #228

AssassinGuy

Guys. I've got it. There's only one person it possibly could be. We should've known.

Batman.

*cue dark orchestral music*

Also, the green and orange voices? Green Lantern and Firestorm. It's all coming together...

19. - Top - End - #229
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Guys. I've got it. There's only one person it possibly could be. We should've known.

Batman.
    No good, he's also in Start of Darkness. [/Insufferable Pedantry]
    Last edited by Grey Watcher; 2019-12-18 at 10:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

My slightly silly nomination is the Ranch Dressing Elemental.

The Order of the Stick having an alliance with an Elemental Prince (even if it's the Prince of Ranch Dressing) seems like it could be both funny and resourceful.

I also like to imagine Xykon being ambushed by these elementals and being covered in dip during the attack, which prompts the Monster in the Darkness to finally turn on and devour him since he smells so delicious.
    "1/0" is a paradox; in a way that "0/1" is not. [...] One is something, and Zero is nothing. [...] 1/0 is a cry out against mere logic and efficiency. Stuff exists. All existence, all truth, cannot be ultimately justified: it can only be described, explained, and enjoyed. 1/0 is illogical. 1/0 is irrational. 1/0 is impossible. 1/0 is transcendentally unfair. 1/0 is true. Deal with it.
    - Tailsteak

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tryxx View Post

The Order of the Stick having an alliance with an Elemental Prince (even if it's the Prince of Ranch Dressing) seems like it could be both funny and resourceful.

I also like to imagine Xykon being ambushed by these elementals and being covered in dip during the attack, which prompts the Monster in the Darkness to finally turn on and devour him since he smells so delicious.
    It may be a different elemental, but when V is sent there the first time a ranch dressing elemental is there
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    However, Robin(aka circus acrobat boy) only appears in one panel in SOD, so it could be him.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Maybe Roy's plan with Roy's Archon will succeed, and Heavens will send Sir Rover, the Blessed Hound, to help the Order.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

24. - Top - End - #234

Nah, if you really want to mess with Xykon, you need a Coffee Elemental.

25. - Top - End - #235

SEMI-elemental!

26. - Top - End - #236

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    So you think - but that's not the real Batman, that's actually the second Robin who is pretending to be Batman for the purposes of deceiving the third Robin who has now become evil and is trying to kill Batman, with the assistance of the fourth Batgirl and the second Batwoman and the sixth Alfred.

So as you can see, via this artful and not at all ham-fisted retcon, the story totally holds up.

27. - Top - End - #237

Flumph

Surely, a noted expert would be a valuable ally.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Here's a weird possibility: the Priest of Tiamat from #571 (who raised the Oracle). I believe that is the sole page this Priest has appeared in.

We've been given quite a few hints that Tiamat has reached out to The Dark One and she may have oracular powers of her own. While the IFCC has been able to dissuade her from acting against them so far, it may be that their plans for the Gate and her own diverge, forcing her to take action via her cleric and help OOTS oppose the IFCC and their vessel.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    Wait, are we talking about whether Haley is half-celestial again? Like, seriously, and not as a joke?
    Sure. It ties together a couple of long-standing mysteries (the "key way" in which Haley and Sabine are opposed; Haley's un-revealed secret) in a neat little way. It's wild speculation, obviously, but so is this entire thread.

30. - Top - End - #240

WolfInSheepsClothing

Maybe they will both viscously avenge the death of their lover.