Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Magnificent Masquerade Random Banter #225

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    What's this? you want someone to post images of a cat given the slightest provocation?

Edit: Ninja'd:

Ah. I doubt I could have dug them up anyway, given how long ago it was, but consider the idea abandoned (and my acceptance of you not limited by your appearance).
    This is a powerful cat. I love how it went immediately for the beard.

Yeah, it's better if I not show my true visage until I'm right and proper, least I destroy the mystery and mystique that makes me so popular. Once I'm at full power I'll shower you all in my radiance, but until then you can suffice with a cute drawing for your mental image unless you're like, a real close friend.

Incidentally I've phoned the pharmacy and they still have not received the refill from my doctor so I'm gettin' real close to setting something on fire. And I don't know if it's stress or something I ate or the lack of spiro or what but I definitely threw up real hard this morning so clearly I've hit an imbalance of my humours or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yeah, I know the feeling of looking in the mirror and knowing that what you see isn't... Right. (Hell, still get it sometimes when I have to go out in illusory disguise now.) 'S why I went Lich the first opportunity I could (it might not have been perfect, but it was Away From Human and that was the most important step), since no amount of 20th/21st century stuff was going to fix me being a different species entirely, basically. (Though I suppose in my case there is the mitigation of not being definitively the wrong gender, insofar as that concept applies to me.)

Hope they pull their fingers out and get you sorted in short order.

Sorry, that was uncharacteristially maudlin of me. End of panto week always leaves me somewhat knackered (not helped by the fact none of my mob made it to see it this year).
    I know enough furries to know you're being genuine so thank you, strange space skeleton wizard.

Ronin Avatar by Cuthalion. Jump and Slash!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yeah, it's better if I not show my true visage until I'm right and proper, least I destroy the mystery and mystique that makes me so popular. Once I'm at full power I'll shower you all in my radiance, but until then you can suffice with a cute drawing for your mental image unless you're like, a real close friend.
    This is you at partial power!? I might have underestimated how many Balors I need.

In all seriousness, I'm being genuine when I saw that I'm sure you're beautiful, but A) I can't know for sure, B) I'm incredibly lonely, and C) I r recognise that I have biases. Still, I do genuinely believe that you must be.

EDIT: to be clear, that's a 'don't feel the need to share pictures until you're ready, which can be never', not want sorry of suggestion that hope you look is fine. It's your body, if you don't like the way it looks then you should have a right to change it.

Incidentally I've phoned the pharmacy and they still have not received the refill from my doctor so I'm gettin' real close to setting something on fire. And I don't know if it's stress or something I ate or the lack of spiro or what but I definitely threw up real hard this morning so clearly I've hit an imbalance of my humours or something.
    If you've got a humour imbalance there's no better time for Rowan Atkinson! Just stay away from my terrible jokes

Also I had a weird conversation yesterday. It eventually ended up with my friend calling us both high maintenance and listing three good and three bad reasons for somebody to have sex with me (because I'd joked that they're were none of either).
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-02-23 at 10:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

I know enough furries to know you're being genuine so thank you, strange space skeleton wizard.
    *tips helmet*

Not uncharacteristically serious about it all very often (and kind of can't be, in my specific situation, really - making a self-deprecating joke about it is the best plausible deniability defence, right?), but it does occasionally slip out when I'm particularly drained, so thank you for getting it when I do.

Fingers still crossed; can't do much else aside from the offer of a rocket launcher for when the fires need to be set - probably find you some inflammables as well - but it's there...!

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    They legitimately did not have another option. They did it because they had to.

If you haven't already, give to the Patreon in some amount. Other than them potentially shutting the forums down again for a substantially shorter time to alter some things, that will help them not run into this issue again.
    Ok but I don't use Patreon.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

They legitimately did not have another option. They did it because they had to.

If you haven't already, give to the Patreon in some amount. Other than them potentially shutting the forums down again for a substantially shorter time to alter some things, that will help them not run into this issue again.
    Because of Meme music I now have "Toss a coin to your Giant" going thorough my head.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Ok but I don't use Patreon.
    I mean, my reason for not doing it is 'I'm not on a reasonable wage'. Honestly Patreon is really cool at the idea level, it's basically crowd funding a classic patron of the arts (which also reduces some of the problems with classic patronage models).

Honestly the only real alternatives are putting adverts back on the forum, increasing the prices of books and merch (which likely would not go down well), or other ways of increasing revenue, all of which are either undesirable or less transparent. Think of it as optionally paying for a couple of perks, it's not wrong to not want to do so, but it's probably the fairest easy to handle it.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, it's better if I not show my true visage until I'm right and proper, least I destroy the mystery and mystique that makes me so popular.
    Ah, yes. clearly we only like you because of what you don't show us, not your content and wit.

Probably both. Stress is not good, and getting off any medication improperly is... not good for you. Makes you feel real bad. I hope that it resolves quickly.

Fingers still crossed; can't do much else aside from the offer of a rocket launcher for when the fires need to be set - probably find you some inflammables as well - but it's there...!
    I know that blowing up problems tends to make them cease to be a problem (unless the problem is a lack of something, like a whole in the wall), but I have concerns about your possession of such items.

8. - Top - End - #968

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I mean, my reason for not doing it is 'I'm not on a reasonable wage'. Honestly, Patreon is really cool at the idea level, it's basically crowdfunding a classic patron of the arts (which also reduces some of the problems with classic patronage models).

Honestly, the only real alternatives are putting adverts back on the forum, increasing the prices of books and merch (which likely would not go down well), or other ways of increasing revenue, all of which are either undesirable or less transparent. Think of it as optionally paying for a couple of perks, it's not wrong to not want to do so, but it's probably the fairest easy to handle it.
    I understand that but Patreon cost money and also not everybody got a credit card (such as my myself for example.)

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

I understand that but Patreon cost money and also not everybody got a credit card (such as my myself for example.)
    You don't even have a debit or bank card?

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I know that blowing up problems tends to make them cease to be a problem (unless the problem is a lack of something, like a whole in the wall), but I have concerns about your possession of such items.
    *raises eyeglow*

If you're concerned about that, then I probably shouldn't mention the sector fleet of hideously beweaponed starships and ground forces of magical space-liches only stopped from world destruction at my behest by the regulations that say "don't do that dude, it's not currenty conveniant" to you then...

I mean, with a suitable application of enough magic, you can set anything on fire. Even souls.

In fairness, not everyone is in a position to be able to do stuff like this. GitP represents the first and likely only thing I feel I can contribute towards myself (if I had Sufficient Pennies, there would be a lot of folk) and that because I literally use this forum all day every day and always said I would find the pennies to fork out for it if it became necessary. But for some folk, every pound does count. (And while I am on pennies that would make most youtubers giggle, I am fortunate in other regards - no car/house/utilities (plus no booze/smokings/drugs/significant others/dependants etc gives me a little more latitude), so I'm still better off than some.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2020-02-23 at 01:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #971

DrowGuy

I do but I don't use it.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

In fairness, not everyone is in a position to be able to do stuff like this. GitP represents the first and likely only thing I feel I can contribute towards myself (if I had Sufficient Pennies, there would be a lot of folk) and that because I literally use this forum all day every day and always said I would find the pennies to fork out for it if it became necessary. But for some folk, every pound does count. (And while I am on pennies that would make most youtubers giggle, I am fortunate in other regards - no car/house/utilities (plus no booze/smokings/drugs/significant others/dependants etc gives me a little more latitude), so I'm still better off than some.)
    I'm aware, but there's a difference between not being able to because you don't have any method of payment, and because you don't have any spare money at all, and Bartman claimed the former.

I do but I don't use it.
    That's all you need to give to the patreon.

Not trying to pressure you into it, or anything like that, just showing that you have the capability to contribute, at least theoretically.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'm a fan of not using debit or bank cards. Credit is safer and more secure; you're spending someone else's money, not your own money, so if problems occur you're protected and the credit card company lost money not you. And they're in a much better position to get their money back than John W. Public.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

14. - Top - End - #974

DrowGuy

I'm aware, but there's a difference between not being able to because you don't have any method of payment, and because you don't have any spare money at all, and Bartman claimed the former.

That's all you need to give to the patreon.

Not trying to pressure you into it, or anything like that, just showing that you have the capability to contribute, at least theoretically.
    I know but the thing is that my card is not even activated.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a fan of not using debit or bank cards. Credit is safer and more secure; you're spending someone else's money, not your own money, so if problems occur you're protected and the credit card company lost money not you. And they're in a much better position to get their money back than John W. Public.
    Plus you can do that thing where you pay with a credit card and pay it straight off to improve your credit rating.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Transistor

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

I've been told my credit rating is actually hurt by the fact that I have only one credit card and no loans or other forms of credit. The fact that I've never missed a credit card payment is apparently not entirely relevant (though it does at least keep it up to a decent level).

It's weird. I'd need to take out some kind of loan that I don't need, to get my credit score up in advance in case I do need it at some point in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #977
    Bugbear in the Playground

KITTY!

Also, yes. Yes i do.
    This is a powerful cat. I love how it went immediately for the beard.
    Don't be deceived by her sweet appearance; that's a documentation of one of the times she tried to assassinate me via poisoning with her awful, awful cat-food breath.

(but seriously, she's the most affectionate cat I've ever met).

tbh, even when I thought that those photos actually were of you, the avvie was still my mental image. Heck, my mental image of Teddy is still the lovely bear, not the lovely human face, despite the fact that he stayed at my house for a few days.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

*raises eyeglow*

If you're concerned about that, then I probably shouldn't mention the sector fleet of hideously beweaponed starships and ground forces of magical space-liches only stopped from world destruction at my behest by the regulations that say "don't do that dude, it's not currenty conveniant" to you then...

I mean, with a suitable application of enough magic, you can set anything on fire. Even souls.
    I'm concerned about a lot of things. Big and small. But concern increases with the potential size of the explosion.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

I'm rewatching Dalek for the first time, and I'd forgotten just how giid the episode is. The way the Dalek spends the whole episode moving slowly and methodically through the base just makes it scarier. And while they never actually needed flight to be scary (what use are stairs when they can just level the building), it does make the classic joke have a little less bite.

Plus, well, Christopher Eccelston is one of the better new doctors.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

20. - Top - End - #980
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler: Sup, fellow posters?
    Show
    ♪ The forum's back and there's goin' be trouble! ♫
    ♫ Hey now, hey now, the forum's back! ♪

But seriously, thanks for getting this place back online.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still shocked it literally went down on the day I decided to come back again.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Transistor

22. - Top - End - #982
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." -- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm rewatching Dalek for the first time, and I'd forgotten just how giid the episode is. The way the Dalek spends the whole episode moving slowly and methodically through the base just makes it scarier. And while they never actually needed flight to be scary (what use are stairs when they can just level the building), it does make the classic joke have a little less bite.

Plus, well, Christopher Eccelston is one of the better new doctors.
    Yeah it's one of the best episodes.
    Also Daleks could already fly, so there.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Forum Wisdom

the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah it's one of the best episodes.
    Also Daleks could already fly, so there.
    It is part of that annoying trend though that Daleks have become Ninjas, in that the less there are of them the more dangerous they're allowed to be. I mean, it's not as bad as some cases I've seen, if you're not called The Doctor more Daleks just mean you die faster, but Dalek is one of the few episodes where the pepperpots feel like a serious personal threat to the Doctor.

Also I'm young enough to be in that weird situation of getting into Doctor Who after Remembrance, but before the new series, which means I mainly watched what family members considered good. This essentially meant doctors one, four, and five, which explains why that sequence managed to shock me (by that point I dismissed the stairs weakness because even if you didn't need to come down the floor seems a lot less structurely sound than it used to be). And it might explain why David Tennant was by far my least favourite of the new Doctors, I went from just not caring during his first series to actively hating the take by his third.

And it's weird, because I rewatched it because I was trying to explain to a friend that classic era Daleks were already scary despite everything from their looks too their voices seeming utterly comical. And to me a lot of it does have to do with the voice acting as well as the writing always treating them as utterly serious, that unlike many other science fiction villains I was familiar with at the time their voices are both inhuman and utterly packed with emotion, that the short little tinpots might look comical but as soon as they start speaking and acting they take the worst elements of humanity and act on them in an utterly inhuman manner.

It's like how in Doomsday the Cybermen are at their most terrifying when they don't speak and act like passionless robots, but they get upstaged by the Daleks as soon as they arrive because compared to the clean emotionless robot speech the harsh, shrill, hate filled speech of the Daleks is just more intimidating. The voices are not what you'd expect for a universe spanning villain, and it's part of why it works.

On that note, Rocket Age is compatible with the Doctor Who RPG... (and Dalek technology would approximately be to the Europans what their tech is to the rest of the system, the weapons aren't too much different but everything else is just better.)

Show

25. - Top - End - #985
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    tbh, even when I thought that those photos actually were of you, the avvie was still my mental image. Heck, my mental image of Teddy is still the lovely bear, not the lovely human face, despite the fact that he stayed at my house for a few days.
    I once saw a Randall Munroe talk. It was really weird; my brain insisted his head should be a round oval with no facial features.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

Kayfabe and ARGs still kind of annoy me. Not as much as they once did, but I still prefer to avoid them when easily possible.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2020-02-23 at 07:14 PM.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Also I'm young enough to be in that weird situation of getting into Doctor Who after Remembrance, but before the new series, which means I mainly watched what family members considered good. This essentially meant doctors one, four, and five
    I understand why Six (and seven sorta even though he has gems) wouldn,'t be liked but Two and Three?

And it's weird, because I rewatched it because I was trying to explain to a friend that classic era Daleks were already scary despite everything from their looks too their voices seeming utterly comical. And to me a lot of it does have to do with the voice acting as well as the writing always treating them as utterly serious
    Behold, the most dangerous creature in the universe!
    Spoiler: My favourite moment of that
    Show
    That one dalek who commits suicide because the prisoners escaped without telling the other daleks the prisoners escpaed. Death to the Daleks is truly their lowest point.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Forum Wisdom

the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I understand why Six (and seven sorta even though he has gems) wouldn,'t be liked but Two and Three?
    I kind of liked six, and three was definitely a bit off, however for me two was the best of the lot (though a lot of his episodes are now unavailable, as are a lot of one's).
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Anyone dare me to set this as the page not found error?

Spoiler
    Show

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Anyone dare me to set this as the page not found error?

Spoiler
    Show
    Funny, but also, I feel that that's no bueno, given that it looks to be from elsewhere on the internet. Unless it was your picture in the first place. In which case, kudos, and, yes, I dare you to.

(Except it's not really a helpful page. But it's funny. And that's clearly what matters. Clear as the nonexistent bottle.)