New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia/WW Red Atlantic Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

Oddly, I don't quite believe Xihirli's wolf-claim. I'll think about changing my vote as I see how discussion and voting changes during this day.
    You don’t have to pretend around me, JeenLeen. You’re waiting because you don’t “win” until another body hits the dirt. But that’s alright. I’m sure Snowblaze understands that your life is just more important than hers.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    No.
    I’m not dying like this. Cowering behind a scapegoat, pretending my actions are their fault? Nothing but my protests and a “ game over” screen to sing me to my rest?
    A plague on that!
    That’s sinking down to your level.
    You call me an aberration, you call me ‘mad,’ but I’ve done nothing you all haven’t done. You were killing each other when I arrived, and you’ll keep killing each other when I’m dead.
    The only difference is that I don’t hide my actions behind a cursed flag.
    Somewhere in your mess of war and politics you tried to label me. Call me “mad.” A plague on your labels. We’re the same.
    So kill me if you like. But you’ll never rid yourself of madness: We’re all the madwomen, plural.
    Feel free to prove it by killing me.
    Top 10 anime villains after this.

Wait... did Xihirli just claim to be the wolf? (Note that she has done that before while being town.)

The fact that all the deaths until the last one were gunshots, whereas the last one was a stabbing, does give credence to the idea that the former kills were spy kills and this last one the first wolf kill. It does seem very odd that the wolf hasn't been killing, but maybe the theory (Xi's theory, right?) that the wolf just has one kill is true, and the rest were between the American and Russian spies. I guess it's possible each spy network had a kill power, and the game expected most of the deaths to be caused by spies with the wolf hiding and waiting to strike at a pivotal moment. Odd methodology, but Caerulea said this was an odd game.

Valmark believed that the Americans killed Grek, so maybe he's part of one of the spy networks (Russian?) and knows that a spy network has a kill power? That's why he assumed they had a kill power?
    Actually, since there are a Russian and American coordinator, I wonder if the spy networks started out in communication with one another akin to how the Newlyweds do... or, if not the spies altogether, the Coordinator had a way to network them. That would allow coordination such that the networks could really fight each other, with the town caught in the crossfire.

Very odd, all in all.
    Also, I'll repeat that, at least to my knowledge, I'm the only Chinese agent. If there are any other Chinese agents in the game, feel free to contact me. Or, if you want to claim Chinese and thus manipulate me for your personal goals, that's also a good reason. Of course, my trust will be limited. (I feel a little odd saying this, but I claimed Chinese a good while ago, and nobody night-killed me, so I guess the American/Russian factions don't care about me.)

Oddly, I don't quite believe Xihirli's wolf-claim. I'll think about changing my vote as I see how discussion and voting changes during this day.
    Probably no one killed you because there's no evidence that you have a kill power- I imagine that kill-equipped spies are kind of a priority, even more then cohordinators.

I thought Gac3 or someone allied with them killed Grek- when they were revealed as american I assumed the americans can kill (C'nor was convinced that Rogues killed Grek, and they too were american- still more proof) and by extension russians. Chinese seem to be an exception, strangely.

I mean, I could deny that I'm russian, but I don't really have proof to show.

Also, I think Xi claimed to be Xi- calling her a wolf proves her point. Or mad, it's still a tag.

Also, as far as theory goes, right now I think that there's a single not-Town/Neutral who can kill and she (Xi) bided her time until now. There are holes in this, but I want to trust this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    But we're killing people to stay alive. You're killing people just because you can. (I mean, you're basically admitting you're the madman, right? Whatever you want to call it?)

And what about the ones who don't have female pronouns? Wouldn't "madpeople" be a better term?

(Also, I am perfectly sane and resent your implication that I'm not.)
    I'd like to point out that psychologically speaking "sanity" and "madness" don't really exist- no one's sane. There's either "societal conformed madness" or not.

That said, I agree. Though I don't resent the implication- I prefer crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote count check. Does this look right currently?
    I'm considering moving my vote due to the... well, wolf-claim, but want to make sure I understand the current situation first.

1 flyinglemur: C'nor,
    3 Xihirli: Silent_Interim, Snowblaze, Valmark
    1 Snowblaze: JeenLeen
    2 C'nor: flyinglemur, Xihirli (with error in color code)
    1 flat_footed: Elenna
    That should be correct.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You don’t have to pretend around me, JeenLeen. You’re waiting because you don’t “win” until another body hits the dirt. But that’s alright. I’m sure Snowblaze understands that your life is just more important than hers.
    ...are you implying that I’m the Russian coordinator? (And how do you propose to kill me when you’ve been lynched?)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

I didn’t propose killing you at all in what you quoted.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

You still want me dead. You want all of us dead.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I was going to PM a QuickTopic to several people (e.g., those I think aren't on the Russian network), but... with this basically saying my goal openly, I might as well write it here rather than deal with a QuickTopic and PMs.

SO: to flyinglemur, C'nor, Xihirli, flat_footed (and The Outsider and Chrysocolla if you get online):
    For my win condition, I want Snowblaze (Russian coordinator) to die. I realize this is a long shot, but you all are folk I believe would probably be okay with Snowblaze dying. Would you mind moving your votes to Snowblaze so they outnumber Xihirli?

Also, based on on intel collected, I think the American and Russian spies who had kill powers are both dead. I could be wrong if I got some misinformation. Also, based on what Xihirli said, she might not have the ability to do more kills. So even if Snowblaze dying doesn't strictly help the town, it shouldn't critically hurt the town either. I realize this is just me asking for a favor you have no reason to grant, but I will use my vote to help you as I can. That is, my vote is for sell if you help me out.
    Plus, my openly stating this deal means you don't look suspicious for not voting for Xihirli.

Lastly, if Snowblaze dies today, I'll happily die to the wolf tonight (if they can kill), if they'd be so kind to target me. I can win even if I'm dead, as long as my targets die first.

- - - Updated - - -

...are you implying that I’m the Russian coordinator? (And how do you propose to kill me when you’ve been lynched?)
    I can confirm (though not prove) you are, via the results of my scry last night. Maybe C'nor could confirm I targeted you last night, too, depending on how her power works.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...and what possible reason could anyone (other than Xihirli and the American spies) have for voting me over the claimed wolf?

To anyone whose win-con doesn’t involve killing me: vote Xihirli. I am 99.9% certain she’s the madperson.

(Just out of curiosity, was it Xihirli who told you to scry me?)
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-07 at 09:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

...and what possible reason could anyone (other than Xihirli and the American spies) have for voting me over the claimed wolf?

To anyone whose win-con doesn’t involve killing me: vote Xihirli. I am 99.9% certain she’s the madperson.
    Maybe Xihirli would promise to kill me tonight if you die today?
    She may be a murderous psychopath, but I think she has a sense of honor and would abide by her word to kill me.
    I am neutral, so my death doesn't count towards the Town vs. Wolf count, and I think C'nor could confirm who killed me to either verify or falsify Xihirli's wolf-claim.

That said, I admit there's little reason for them to. It is a long shot last-ditch effort on my part.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Xihirli did say her theory was all invented. It means that she can kill again (assuming she is indeed the killer we are searching for- tecnically adamant proof still needs to be shown).

We also don't know if the wolf is only one. I actually believe there could be two of them- leaving Xi alive is WAY riskier (assuming she isn't faking everything).

Before you (or anyone else) say that of course I'd say it if I'm russian- I actually still win if Snow dies. Homewever, I don't think we can risk this.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Xihirli would promise to kill me tonight if you die today?
    She may be a murderous psychopath, but I think she has a sense of honor and would abide by her word to kill me.
    I am neutral, so my death doesn't count towards the Town vs. Wolf count, and I think C'nor could confirm who killed me to either verify or falsify Xihirli's wolf-claim.

That said, I admit there's little reason for them to. It is a long shot last-ditch effort on my part.
    Didn't Xi herself claim that she's Chaotic Evil? Abiding by her word is exactly the opposite of what her persona officially does.
    I did specify officially.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

I don’t have to abide by the rules of what OTHER people call “chaotic.”
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

...do remember me to discuss alignments with you another time, please ('cause this looks hardly the place- we're searching for a killer, not phylosophy. Unless you show me a bladed phylosophy book which can be used for murder).
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-07 at 09:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

(Just out of curiosity, was it Xihirli who told you to scry me?)
    It seems rude to give away my source, if I had one, but you were on my list to scry since you voted for me one of the days. I was working through the list of folk who voted for me, since I assumed one of them was the coordinator I wanted dead.
    It did freak me out a bit when I scried Erin666 and she died that night; I was almost convinced I was the madman and had been lied to about my role. But you didn't die when I scried you, so that confirmed I wasn't the madman.

I'll answer fully once the game ends.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it was.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I really want to vote you for saying that, but I already have!

Incidentally, my win-con doesn’t include anything about Chinese spies and I have no reason to want JeenLeen dead. (Well, other than self-preservation, but I think Xihirli is a much bigger threat from that perspective.) Literally the only reason I voted JeenLeen was (ironically) to make me seem less suspicious by distancing myself from the American wagon.

See you all tomorrow, and here’s hoping it’s Xihirli who’s lynched...
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-07 at 11:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Um, well, Xihirli pretty clearly needs to die...

Also, might as well admit I'm Russian since I guess most people know that already. Especially because Xihirli is an evil, evil traitor.

(Was Xihirli in the American group too? That would explain some things...)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Yeah, it was.
    I'll take this as Xihirli saying they told me who Snowblaze is, so I'll admit it now rather than wait 'til game's end: Xihirli did tell me Snowblaze is the Russian coordinator. I didn't 100% trust her, so I scried Snowblaze. I was planning to scry her eventually, but that did bump her to the top of my list.

And, since I'll almost certainly fail to get Snowblaze killed, I'll go on and post what Xihirli told me of the Russians in (likely futile) hopes it might help the Americans take out Snowblaze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli from a QT
    The Russians I'm aware of (there may be one more)
    BoP is the assassin. They have a night-kill.
    Elenna is the watcher and checks up on who targets who.
    Valmark is the baner.
    And as I've told you, Snowblaze is the coordinator.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, Jeen. PartyOfRouges was their assassin. All they've got left is Outsider, who hasn't spoken in awhile.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I guess it will be neat to see if the game ends once the wolf dies (assuming 1 wolf) or if the Russian/American factions still fight it out.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, we would have stopped once Gac3 died, but we kind of needed to eliminate the american assassin 'cause they were still targeting us.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-07 at 03:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

And missing, I might add. I just wish I could've given them more names without being suspicious; I only had time to tell them about Puppies before they all quit and/or died on me.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

@Xihirli I knew I should have been more suspicious about your night actions not showing up in our QT!

(also, can I assume you didn't die N2 because the American baner protected you?)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

And missing, I might add. I just wish I could've given them more names without being suspicious; I only had time to tell them about Puppies before they all quit and/or died on me.
    I thought they scried them >.>

You know, if Xi is revealed to not be the Wolf I'm gonna laugh until tomorrow.

I too have questions, but I'm going to wait until the end of the day.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-07 at 06:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

I. I guess I'm voting Xihirli? What even is this game.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    (also, can I assume you didn't die N2 because the American baner protected you?)
    Not to my knowledge.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*Note: Those who vote to lynch the madperson automatically lose upon their death. The only way to kill the madperson without sacrifice is with a night-kill.

- - - Updated - - -

End Last Day.

So, Xihirli went mad or something? And then everyone voted to lynch them and they died. Xihirli was lynched they were the madwomen.

Town wins!
    Russian Spies win!
    American Spies get a partial victory
    Xihirli does not win!
    JeenLeen does not win!

End Game.

I'll post my full game notes and explanations later. For now, post any questions, dead people can now talk, go look at AvatarVecna's recruiting thread.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Inevitable questions:
    1. Why did BasketOfPuppies’ attempt to kill Xihirli fail Night Two?

2. What exactly were the madman’s powers/win-cons?

3. What were the unknown roles and what did they do?

To clear up a couple of things myself: the spies were networked, Valmark lied about the Russians still winning when I was dead and the spies only wanted the opposing coordinator dead, not the entire faction.

And I suppose we should thank Xihirli for giving us gac3 to lynch - even though she did betray us, we probably wouldn’t have got a full victory without her. Still doesn’t mean I forgive you (or will ever trust you again!)

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Well dang. This was weird.

Notes: sorry Grek and Unavenger. Killing you was an accounting error.

Also, I accidentally unsubscribed and would have survived my lynching if I hadn't.

Those were the highlights. I made up the counter spy theory but I guess... Well yeah...

28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I don't understand what happened. But I'm... assuming my death wasn't in vain? I mean I did get it out that spies were a thing.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    I don't understand what happened. But I'm... assuming my death wasn't in vain? I mean I did get it out that spies were a thing.
    Okay. So my role was coordinator. I counted as having one less vote against me. So I assumed that would reflect in the end of day vote counts. (I was wrong.) So I voted for you because I was suspicious. Then when Caerulea forgot to count my vote, I was like, "wow that was easy. Okay guys, let's kill Grek. Done deal."

Then I thought maybe I could approach you (the Russian Coordinator you) in a way that you would get me information on who the other Russians were. Then I could assume none of there were the madman because we still had to kill the madman after we killed the coordinator. So I made up a plausible role based on my own paranoia as a Coordinator.

Then I learned my mistake and figured I still had to kill get you killed.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That was... not why I thought you killed Grek. I assumed you were trying to convince us that there were counter-spies so we’d kill each other. This led, ironically enough, to our trying to nightkill Xihirli. I suppose it’s for the best that that didn’t work (for us, anyway) as we wouldn’t have got you lynched otherwise.

Speaking of which, you were betrayed as well. What did Xihirli tell you she was? We were told she had some kind of random roll-a-die power (and got actions for that posted in the QT.)