New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

Spoiler: Original Post
    Show
    It's the 100th season of Spongebob Squarepants, and all your favorite characters have gathered at the Krusty Krab to celebrate - but Sandy's special firecrackers had an unexpected effect, and now everybody's been turned into perfectly identical anchovies, and some malicious individual is taking advantage of the situation, framing people for crimes and getting them arrested! How will the show continue, if the whole cast it locked up in jail? What nefarious purpose could drive someone to do something like this? Will the unique personalities of the Bikini Bottomites shine through, or will they fade into anonymity? Will whatever drek this season provides still outperform Camp Krusty? Tune in two weeks from now to find out!

This game will be formatted normally, with a 48-hour day/48-hour night cycle, which will be presented as "episode part 1" and "part 2" respectively. You vote during the day, you (usually) use powers during the night...you've all played these games well enough to know the drill, but if there's any fresh faces joining our Voice Actors this season, I'll be sure to go over the rules.

The weirdness, at least from the perspective of those of you experienced enough to realize it's weird, is that none of the roles have their powers or alignments declared here in the recruitment thread. Alignment and power(s) will be revealed when you are "arrested" (lynched/nightkilled), but who you're looking for will be unclear at first. A lot of the power roles in play are also rather...odd, and a lot of them are more designed in such a way that it will be interesting for me to watch them get played out.

Each role in the spoiler below has a short bit of fluff text that will gesture in the direction of their powers, but don't assume you have a full understanding of their capabilities from that fluff summary.

Spoiler: Roles
    Show
    Atomic Flounder
    You just wanted to live a nice, quiet retirement, but noooooo you got dragged into this mess. Why I never... *scoffs*

Barnacle Boy
    That's "Barnacle Man"! One half of the dynamic duo that once protected Bikini Bottom from a full rogue's gallery of dastardly supervillains!

Bubble Buddy
    Few people truly understand the zen that Bubble Buddy lives by. Most people see him and assume he's just a bubble floating there, but the inner workings of his mind are dazzling to behold for those that peer deeper beneath his shiny surface.

Dirty Bubble
    This one, on the other hand, is exactly what he appears to be: filthy criminal scum that delights in trashing everything he comes into contact with!

Flats The Flounder
    Don't get on his bad side...or he'll kick your butt!

Flying Dutchman
    You're owed a soul, and by Neptune's Beard you're gonna collect it!

Fred
    My leg!

Gary the Snail
    Hey, where's Gary? Wait, wrong show...and wrong network, for that matter. Anyway, Gary is Spongebob's beloved pet snail, and is quite clever despite that.

Karen Plankton
    You'll support your husband even when he's doing something stupid, and you've got enough brains to know what's going on better than just about anybody else here.

Larry The Lobster
    Your gains may have been undone temporarily, but the grind never stops!

Man Ray
    Once, long ago, you were reformed through tickle torture. But since then you've reverted to villainy now and then. Which side will you be on this time?

Mermaid Man
    One half of the dynamic duo that once protected Bikini Bottom from a full rogue's gallery of dastardly supervillains!

Mr. Krabs
    Do you smell that? Because I smell that. That's the smell of opportunity.

Mrs. Puff
    For the others, this might be a catastrophe, but for this veteran boating instructor, this anonymity combined with her expertise evading the cops should be plenty to keep her safe through the season.

Old Man Walker
    Wait, how do you get in this list, this is for important characters! How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?!

Patrick Star
    At this point in the series, your particular brand of stupidity is...shall we say, easily recognizable.

Pearl Krabs
    You may be a common anchovie, but that doesn't mean you won't find a way to stand out from the crowd (at least once you've gotten some better clothes, what even is this you're wearing now?!).

Princess Mindy
    You're still not queen of the ocean, but you're possessed with an undeniable authority.

Sandy Cheeks
    Okay yeah, transmogrifying fireworks underwater was probably a bad idea, but you can fix this! You just to recalibrate the whatchamajigger and you'll have this thing fixed in...one season, tops!

Scooter
    Fish, anchovie...it's all whatever, brah. Just enjoy life, y'know?

Sheldon Plankton
    It seems the tables have turned in your favor! Your biggest weakness has been fixed, and now your treachery is unbounded!

Spongebob Squarepants
    The titular character, and by far the fan favorite. Nobody wants to see you fail, except maybe Squidward, so rest assured that everything will probably work out!

Squidward Tentacles
    You're not as successful as Squilliam, but that's only because life has it out for you; you could be great if you tried. Everybody's an idiot except for you.

Squilliam Fancyson III
    Ugh, how bothersome this whole process is! You're above all of this nonsense, and you know it! Not to worry, though: anchovie or no, the truly gifted always find a way to shine!

The One True Anchovie
    Meep.

Arrr ya ready, kids?

Player list (alphabetical):
    1. Caerulea
    2. DukeGod
    3. Elenna
    4. flyinglemur
    5. gac3
    6. Grek
    7. KAmber
    8. Logan1996
    9. PartyOfRouges
    10. snowblaze
    11. z3r0gamer

Day One Begins Now

It will end in...well actually I want to propose a poll: given the issues the forum has been having, and the fact that I'm sure a number of you don't basically live on this forum the way I do, how do you feel about adjusting the original pitch to a 72 hour cycle, to make sure that people have the opportunities to contribute? Necessary, or do you think it's been behaving better the past day or so? If I've received enough affirmatives by the time the first 48 hours have passed, I'll turn the game into a 72 hour cycle instead. Cheers!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

"Meep meep meep? Meep? MEEP!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I think 72 hour cycles is better since I am but a mortal and need to sleep.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

72 hours means that I spend longer afk refreshing the message board games with no new posts. That said, I'm fine with it. Also randomly pointing at Grek.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-01-13 at 01:07 AM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I want to try 72 hours because if it seems to work better than 48, I may do my game at 72 hours.

I'm going to vote flyinglemur because they seem to typically fluctuate in activity. I want to go ahead and try to get as much information out of them as I can now.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-01-13 at 01:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueWizardGirl

I've just realised I've made a terrible mistake. AvatarVecna, delego te!
    Extended Signature.

she/her

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, I was wondering how we were going to play Mafia by meeping at each other.

So, um... Wat do?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0gamer View Post
    Ok, I was wondering how we were going to play Mafia by meeping at each other.

So, um... Wat do?
    I assume the meeps are auto translated. If not, this will be hard. But feel free to cast a vote and discuss. We don't have anything to go on yet so don't worry about who you vote for really, just know that whoever has the most votes will likely get arrested. Cast a vote by putting someone's name in red text.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The RNG says I should vote for DukeGod, so that’s what I’ll do (here’s hoping I don’t land on a lover and get promptly voted by the other one like last time)

I would prefer a 48-hour cycle so the game moves more quickly, but I’m also fine with 72 if other players would like that.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-15 at 10:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Im: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

I vote for gac3 due to their nefariousness in the last game.
    Last edited by Grek; 2020-01-15 at 10:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Im: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    I vote for gac3 due to their nefariousness in the last game.
    To be fair, that was a total accounting error. I thought you were the sole person other than the madman I had to kill and I had good reason. The reason just happened to be an accounting error, so.... You should probably just blame Caerulea.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-01-13 at 02:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Mr: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

Psh, psh upon you! An accounting error, or the work of a nefarious spy out to perform terrible acts of spy-ery? Obviously, you're in league with Plankton. Or maybe that nefarious Flying Dutchman!

(I forgive you, gac3, but I do need someone to vote for.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mr: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    Psh, psh upon you! An accounting error, or the work of a nefarious spy out to perform terrible acts of spy-ery? Obviously, you're in league with Plankton. Or maybe that nefarious Flying Dutchman!

(I forgive you, gac3, but I do need someone to vote for.)
    Hmm... Is the flying dutchman a bad guy? Dirty bubble? Probably. Man Ray? I'd bet 50/50. Flying Dutchman, I'm not sure on him. I mean he might be but based on the show, I'm pretty unsure.

(I know, nothing personal. )

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

I'm betting Atomic Flounder is neutral but registers as a bad guy to any information gathering abilities.

That sounds like it'd be logical.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

AvatarVecna because he probably has something to do with all this

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmmm... Maybe z3r0gamer because they still didn't vote?
    Last edited by Logan1996; 2020-01-13 at 08:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...so the biggest wagon is the narrator right now. Great. I don't feel like getting the narrator lynched, especially in a more open set-up with less tricks and twists (well, hopefully) than last game, but equally I don't feel particularly like starting a counter-wagon... is the narrator actually a valid lynch target?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    ...so the biggest wagon is the narrator right now. Great. I don't feel like getting the narrator lynched, especially in a more open set-up with less tricks and twists (well, hopefully) than last game, but equally I don't feel particularly like starting a counter-wagon... is the narrator actually a valid lynch target?
    If I were a betting man, I would say no... But once again my first two werewolf games began with killing the narrator to let us know something was wrong. This one and the last one however, have not. Plus Vecna does crazy things. If lemur checks in, I'll probably vote for Vecna

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    If I said "no", would that change the fact there's a wagon on me?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    If I said "no", would that change the fact there's a wagon on me?
    Depends would you be lying?
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-01-13 at 09:40 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Depends would you be lying?
    Nope. Lymching narrator does nothing in this game. Feel free to try if you want though, no skin off my nose.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Idk. I'm always stuck between the philosophy of "I hate being like, let's kill someone just so we can kill someone" and the "it normally does provide some kind of information." Maybe lynching the narrator is the best of both worlds. At least if it fails, we can assume you aren't secretly plankton.

22. - Top - End - #22

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nope. Lymching narrator does nothing in this game. Feel free to try if you want though, no skin off my nose.
    Note: She said "Lymching" not "Lynching". Clearly being deceptive.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

For the record, even though nothing has happened yet (unless one of you is way ahead of the game) I personally want to hear AV give a post game analysis on things.

24. - Top - End - #24

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Kr: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

I mean, on one hand there IS a narrator character in Spongebob. But on the other hand, there's no reason to assume the narrator is bad.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

There are no bad guys. This is all just a social experiment

Or possibily, everyone in Spongebob is on the side of "Insanity"

I would prefer a 72h cycle, mostly because I'm a forgetful bastard

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

DukeGod referred to themselves as a bastard, that clearly makes them evil!

IDEK I have no idea what's happening and this seemed more fun than an rng vote
    Last edited by Elenna; 2020-01-13 at 09:16 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    DukeGod referred to themselves as a bastard, that clearly makes them evil!

IDEK I have no idea what's happening and this seemed more fun than an rng vote
    Elenna, you know better than to vote for a new person day 1.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Snowblaze, because I've never voted for her before, so it shall be a new experience.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Elenna, you know better than to vote for a new person day 1.
    Sounds like as good a reason as any. Elenna

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Elenna, seems like a nice time to point at you, mostly as a defensive measure

Also, I'm not quite new, just, haven't played werewolf in the forums for the past 6 years or so