New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia/WW Red Atlantic Cruise

PartyOfRogues, why did you vote for JeenLeen last day?

I'm not totally on board, but it's either them or JeenLeen, so I'll follow the seer-claim, even though we did say that claiming is useless in a bastard game.

Though I'm more suspicious of PartyOfRogues as an american then the madman. I feel like their last minute vote was to protect Gac3. But I also believe that the americans killed Grek, so it all works out.

Also, is it me or are Erin666 and role name written in a different color then usual for victims? (I'm daltonic so it's highly possibile that it's me)
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-02 at 08:52 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I’m puzzled by that last-minute vote. At that point gac3 was going to be lynched anyway, so why bother?

Do the spies have a nightkill, then? Because that would make sense. Also, @Caerulea, when you mentioned “two shots” did you mean someone tried to kill someone else and it was blocked?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

PartyOfRouges, seer test, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    So there are some powerless people? Or is that not what “passenger” means?
    I think that just means they were a regular townie, probably one of the roles given in the first post. Note that none of the end-of-day/night posts have given the dead person's role, just their affiliation.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Right. 's time for a seer wagon, sort of. PartyofRouges needs to die today, and if they're not the wolf, it's time to lynch JeenLeen. I was holding off to find out more information, but my role doesn't work like I thought it did, so I didn't actually get confirmation of which one is one. But one of them was responsible for killing Grek, so let's go!
    Well, of those two, my obvious vote is for PartyOfRogues.

I'm curious why we're the top two suspects, but I'm glad enough to wait to find out since I'm currently #2. I understand you wanting to protect your Role as much as you can.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder why JeenLeen doesn't want to vote for JeenLeen. It's truly an unfathomable mistery.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

I’ve pretty much lost track of who’s dead, I’ll be honest.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I think that just means they were a regular townie, probably one of the roles given in the first post. Note that none of the end-of-day/night posts have given the dead person's role, just their affiliation.
    Er. That's... not true? AvatarVecna was revealed as the Cook day one, and the Newlyweds were both described as such. I don't know for sure if it's true for any of the spies but I'd assume so. EDIT: (Although maybe not! I am, in fact, making an assumption)

EDIT: Also the Captain, for an example of a neutral role getting killed and being revealed. Here, why don't I just...
    EDIT2: Noted that the only confirmed neutral role, Caerula as the captain, was in purple, the rest have been the same shade of green.
    Spoiler: All deaths and corresponding role information
    Show
    D1: AV, Cook- town role, role confirmed, from open role list.
    N1: Caerule, Captain- neutral, role confirmed, previously unknown role. Only role in purple so far.
    D2: Xenopax. American spy, name same color as AV's but no confirmation of town or not. Role may or may not have been revealed- I don't know if "American spy" is a role, an affiliation, or both.
    N2: Grek and Unavenger, newlyweds- town role, role confirmed, from open role list.
    D3: gac3. Another "American spy." This time, the flavor text included a note about being a coordinator/leader? Probably important, but not to me.
    N3: Erin666. Same colour name as confirmed town roles and american spies, role appears to be confirmed as passenger, previously unknown role.
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2020-01-02 at 10:11 AM.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Mafia/WW Red Atlantic Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I’ve pretty much lost track of who’s dead, I’ll be honest.
    AvatarVecna, Xenopax, Grek, Unavenger, Gac3, Erin666.

@Elenna, we don't know their powers, but we do know their roles. Well, we don't know SOME of their powers.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Er. That's... not true? AvatarVecna was revealed as the Cook day one, and the Newlyweds were both described as such. I don't know for sure if it's true for any of the spies but I'd assume so. EDIT: (Although maybe not! I am, in fact, making an assumption)

EDIT: Also the Captain, for an example of a neutral role getting killed and being revealed. Here, why don't I just...
    EDIT2: Noted that the only confirmed neutral role, Caerula as the captain, was in purple, the rest have been the same shade of green.
    Spoiler: All deaths and corresponding role information
    Show
    D1: AV, Cook- town role, role confirmed, from open role list.
    N1: Caerule, Captain- neutral, role confirmed, previously unknown role. Only role in purple so far.
    D2: Xenopax. American spy, name same color as AV's but no confirmation of town or not. Role may or may not have been revealed- I don't know if "American spy" is a role, an affiliation, or both.
    N2: Grek and Unavenger, newlyweds- town role, role confirmed, from open role list.
    D3: gac3. Another "American spy." This time, the flavor text included a note about being a coordinator/leader? Probably important, but not to me.
    N3: Erin666. Same colour name as confirmed town roles and american spies, role appears to be confirmed as passenger, previously unknown role.
    Huh. I looked at gac's role and extrapolated from that that only affiliations were being given. Nevermind then, ignore my silliness...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

PartyOfRogues for the seer test.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Well, of those two, my obvious vote is for PartyOfRogues.

I'm curious why we're the top two suspects, but I'm glad enough to wait to find out since I'm currently #2. I understand you wanting to protect your Role as much as you can.
    Because you both targeted Grek on the night of Grek's death. I'd say I'm sorry for your luck, but... Considering it took me correctly guessing the target to get this much? Yeah, I'm, uh. Not.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'd actually say JeenLeen is fairly non-suspicious - she claimed before this seer test happened, and that claim would make sense with her targeting Grek N2 after Grek's post about the spies (to see if Grek was one of the coordinators)

PartyOfRouges, on the other hand, has no claim and so far hasn't even shown up to defend themselves.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Because you both targeted Grek on the night of Grek's death. I'd say I'm sorry for your luck, but... Considering it took me correctly guessing the target to get this much? Yeah, I'm, uh. Not.
    Ah; I figured that was why. I did target Grek, but it was my leader-of-spies scry. Though I very much understand why the bad timing looks, well, bad.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a reason JeenLeen is the second pick, including that PartyofRogues voted for them. But they did target Grek, so they're still on the list as the second pick.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2020-01-03 at 07:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

We've skipped the end of day again? Or did I miscalculate?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    We've skipped the end of day again? Or did I miscalculate?
    And that's what I get for sleeping 13 hours, instead of 15 minutes. Oh well.

End Day 4.

I know everything who to lynch, cried someone. It's one of these two people! I guess it couldn't hurt to blindly go along with it, was the consensus. PartyOfRouges was unanimously lynched.
    PartyOfRouges was killed. They were an American Spy.

Begin Night 4.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-01-05 at 11:43 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay... unless the American spy network has a kill power (psychologist, you got any idea), it looks like I'm in trouble in the Day.

So I'm in a neat pickle. Since I'm on the docket to be lynched tomorrow, I figure I should go ahead and ask a couple question in hopes the medic or psychologist exonerate me.
    Psychologist, can you scry me and report my results?
    Medic, did you protect Xihirli Night 1?

I was told I'm the Chinese counter-intelligence agent and I can scry to see if I find the American or Soviet coordinators. My win condition is that they die before I do; I can win even if I die, as long as I die last of the three of us.

Night 1 I scried Xihirli and was told she did not lead spies.
    Night 2 I scried Grek and was told she did not lead spies. She also died that night.
    Night 3 I scried Erin666 and was told she did not lead spies. She also died that night.

C'nor is the hacker or someone with an equivalent power, as she knows I targeted Grek Night 2. But maybe I am the madman but don't know it.

If the medic did not protect Xihirli, or if the psychologist sees I can't kill, then I am NOT the madman and lynching me will waste the town's action. If otherwise, then I guess I am the madman.

Similar: Hacker, or anyone else with a similar power, if you can track who I target tonight, that could also help determine status. I am going to scry someone. If you see who I targeted and if they die tonight, well, I can take it as a coincidence that the madman killed who I scried twice, but thrice seems too unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

[COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Though I'm more suspicious of PartyOfRogues as an american then the madman. I feel like their last minute vote was to protect Gac3. But I also believe that the americans killed Grek, so it all works out.
    What makes you think the Americans had the ability to kill Grek?
    I'd like that to be true, as it removes me as the obvious lynch candidate for tomorrow, but I wonder why you think they can kill.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    And that's what I get for sleeping 13 hours, instead of 15 minutes. Oh well.
    To be fair, two-three more hours of sleep and it would be kind of balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Okay... unless the American spy network has a kill power (psychologist, you got any idea), it looks like I'm in trouble in the Day.

So I'm in a neat pickle. Since I'm on the docket to be lynched tomorrow, I figure I should go ahead and ask a couple question in hopes the medic or psychologist exonerate me.

Night 1 I scried Xihirli and was told she did not lead spies.
    Night 2 I scried Grek and was told she did not lead spies. She also died that night.
    Night 3 I scried Erin666 and was told she did not lead spies. She also died that night.

Similar: Hacker, or anyone else with a similar power, if you can track who I target tonight, that could also help determine status. I am going to scry someone. If you see who I targeted and if they die tonight, well, I can take it as a coincidence that the madman killed who I scried twice, but thrice seems too unlikely.

What makes you think the Americans had the ability to kill Grek?
    I'd like that to be true, as it removes me as the obvious lynch candidate for tomorrow, but I wonder why you think they can kill.
    Because, firstly I'm assuming at least one townie has a kill power because I don't think wolves would have killed Caerulea. With that said, I'm convinced that Grek's informant was Gac3 (I think it was confirmed but I can't recall the words) and that the informant killed Grek. We know that Gac3 was american like Rogues and that Rogues was potentially involved in Grek's death.

Part of the reason I went along with C'nor's claim without being fully convinced was that Rogues voted at the last second against you, which makes me think they were trying to protect Gac3, additionally. But this isn't a factor for the matter if the americans have or not a kill power.

Last thing, if we got two factions that must kill each other I feel like it stands to reason that they would have a kill power. Of course I believe that the russians too have it.

And I do believe you to be innocent. Well, sort of. But I also think you bring really bad luck.

EDIT: I should say I believe at least one non-wolf has a kill power instead of at least one townie. I don't actually know if americans/russians are town or not. Since you are a neutral it stands to reason they'd be too, though.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-04 at 04:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't see who people target, only who targeted someone. I can see if someone I target targets someone, but I get no information about their target. Misunderstanding that was why I waited to suggest we lynch someone based on this information - I was going to scry you both and see who, if anyone, tracked with the NK again.

Edit: That said, if you want to PM me your target for tonight, and I don't just get straight-up murdered by the wolves tonight, I can check them. (PM because otherwise the wolves are just gonna kill them to get you lynched.)

Edit the second: The medic can't exonerate you. They're out of the game.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2020-01-04 at 05:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

BlueWizardGirl

Edit the second: The medic can't exonerate you. They're out of the game.
    They are? Okay then.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    They are? Okay then.
    Medic is an alternate term for baner. The cook is dead. So. Yes?

22. - Top - End - #232

BlueWizardGirl

Medic is an alternate term for baner. The cook is dead. So. Yes?
    The cook is the voider, the medic the baner. At least the way those terms are used on gitp. There is a medic and a cook.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-01-04 at 07:47 PM.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Uhm. I thought the medic stopped the kills and the baner stopped a wolf from killing?

Anyway, with this being a bastard game, you don't really know if there are other people with the same power or not, no?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

...I somehow thought the baner was dead, based on how people had been talking about the cook. That's. Good for town, but also now I feel kind of dumb.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Uhm. I thought the medic stopped the kills and the baner stopped a wolf from killing?

Anyway, with this being a bastard game, you don't really know if there are other people with the same power or not, no?
    With the hacker's role description, it seems implied that at least two people (the hacker and someone else) have an ability to see if someone is targeted/who someone targets.

With that precedent, it's certainly possible there's two baners or someone with an ability sorta like a baner's (as well as the true baner, the medic).

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So, possibilities: C’nor is the lying madman.
    C’nor is a Russian spy lying to get an American lynched.
    C’nor is telling the truth, and JeenLeen, the madman, killed Grek.
    C’nor is telling the truth, and PartyOfRouges, an American spy and nightkiller, killed Grek.

Of those I very much support the fourth, which makes the most sense. If C'nor is lying, she got very lucky guessing that JeenLeen also targeted Grek (as she admitted) or she's working with JeenLeen, which as far as I know JeenLeen had no reason to know. Or alternatively she's telling the truth but "conveniently forgetting" to mention she's also a Russian spy, if they have equivalent powers (seems likely, at this point).

There's a chance JeenLeen could be the madman, but I just don't think it's very likely. That would mean PartyOfRouges targeted Grek for some different reason, and I can't see what that reason would be.

So that means the madman didn't kill anyone on Night Two (or anyone other than the narrator on Night One)… why? Does the madman not know they're the madman? Or do they not have a nightkill? (And who killed Erin666, if not the madman?)

...yup, I'm confused again.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-05 at 09:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

What if we're all the madman, and the game only ends when we're all dead?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Optimally, you all should lynch me if JeenLeen isn't a wolf. This is awkward, since I know I'm not one, but nevertheless true.

Incidentally, this means that I'm safe tonight, because if JeenLeen is the wolf, killing me outs them for sure by revealing my role, and if the wolf isn't JeenLeen, they get me for free after we lynch JeenLeen. This means that the medic should target someone else, even though I might be a town power role.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2020-01-05 at 11:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

BlueWizardGirl

End Night 4.

There are not many people left. The madman is still alive. When you awake, you find one of your own has been brutally stabbed to death. BasketOfPuppies was killed. They were a Russian Spy.

Begin Day 5.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Today's news: JeenLeen is not a wolf - or at least cannot be determined to be a wolf by me; this doesn't actually clear them -, and I am utterly useless. That will be all for today.