Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Mafia/WW Red Atlantic Cruise

Right, so, as usual:
    Spoiler: Day Four Vote Count
    Show

PartyOfRouges 7 (C’nor, Snowblaze, Silent_Interim, Valmark, Elenna, JeenLeen, Xihirli
    Posted without voting: none
    Didn’t post: flat_footed, PartyOfRouges, The Outsider, flyinglemur, Chrysocolla

I’m not going to vote for JeenLeen or C’nor: instead I’m voting flyinglemur. They haven’t posted since their self-defence vote Day One, so I think we need to hear more from them at this point.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-07 at 03:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll go along with that. Flyinglemur
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2020-01-07 at 10:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh yes, because lynching inactive players has gone so well for us this game.

I actually want to hear more out of Xihirli. Who has been active, but not really contributing. Which is much more suspicious behaviour to me.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...point, I guess. I’m not trying to get flyinglemur lynched, just to contribute more. I wouldn’t be against lynching Xihirli, though, but I’ll leave my vote where it is for now.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

I'm suspicious of either FlyingLemur or Flat_Footed on account of the others having given me more reasons to think they're town/neutral, either on gut feeling or by what they said honestly (I'm thinking Silent_Interim isn't one completely on gut, for example. They are probably my fourth pick?). There's also Chrysocholla, but since if I'm not wrong they shunned the american wagon last time (gotta go check again) they might be american so I'll ignore them.

So, since it looks like others are already voting for Flying, I'm going to vote for Flat_Footed. Them too posted only once here that I can remember.

Nevermind, Flat posted twice which looks like the bare minumum to not get auto-lynched, so I'm going for [COLOR="#FF0000"]FlyingLemur[/COLOR] on account of them having posted only on day 2. They might just post today and it would be equal, but whatever.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-06 at 06:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

flat_footed voted for AV day one and gac3 day three, so they’ve posted more than once, but they’re still fairly inactive as they haven’t posted day 2 or 4.

... and I was ninja-edited.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-06 at 04:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe the madman is a ninja and is not one of those aboard. Or faked their death.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

To be honest, that sounds just as plausible as most of the theories I could come up with. Can confirm I'm definitely not the madman, though - I tried (and failed) to kill someone to see if I was the madman without knowing it.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, it's nice to see that a Russian faction does truly exist. And I'm glad to see that I'm not secretly the madman: as C'nor confirmed, the person I scried did not die.
    I'm pretty sure C'nor is the Hacker, so I'm against voting for her.

Is there any strong reason for voting for flyinglemur besides not having posted much?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    To be honest, that sounds just as plausible as most of the theories I could come up with. Can confirm I'm definitely not the madman, though - I tried (and failed) to kill someone to see if I was the madman without knowing it.
    In my first game, when I was a wolf, I learned to was dangerous to make claims about being too Towny. Looks like a wolf trying to confirm their innocence. So Snowblaze.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

How can one be too towny?

Anyway, I'm voting them because they are tied for those with less town factors towards them- they, coincidentally, are also very inactive.

Can't speak for the others.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    How can one be too towny?
    Of course, not meaning truly being "towny", but stating things such as "I did X to confirm my innocence" without any provocation can be seen as an honest statement or be seen as a wolf trying to surround themself with an aura of innocence.
    It's not much to go on, I admit, but it seems better than just voting for somebody due to inactivity.

As someone told me, it's better to show one's Townishness through voting and giving information/deductions than to explicitly state one is town. Or at least such seems the metagame in the forums, and as much as it is counter-intuitive to me in some ways, I feel like going along with it at least currently as no better suspicious behavior exists to my eyes.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Oh yes, because lynching inactive players has gone so well for us this game.

I actually want to hear more out of Xihirli. Who has been active, but not really contributing. Which is much more suspicious behaviour to me.
    I'm afraid I haven't had much to contribute. But that all changes today, because I believe I have discovered the identity of the madman.

We can be fairly certain that this was the madman's first shot. All the shots so far have been wasted attacks (on Caerulea), or attacks between the American and Russian factions.
    So why hasn't the madman been shooting?
    I posit that the madman's power is something like this:
    You have a single shot to night-kill. Every night, you may scry one role / scan one target / some other ability that allows you to start narrowing down roles.

So for the first few nights, the madman's been gathering information to decide who their one kill is. And what do they find out end of night one, regardless of who they've targeted?
    Someone else has a night-kill. And that someone else is their biggest threat. As time goes by and they gather information every night they find out that it's two somebodies, and they only have one shot. They need to get one of them dead by lynch, and the other dead by any means, preferably whatever's fastest. Probably their night-kill.

So how do they get the first person with a night-kill dead? Well, they have a scry-like ability. They know who they need dead... so...

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Right. 's time for a seer wagon, sort of. PartyofRouges needs to die today, and if they're not the wolf, it's time to lynch JeenLeen. I was holding off to find out more information, but my role doesn't work like I thought it did, so I didn't actually get confirmation of which one is one. But one of them was responsible for killing Grek, so let's go!
    C'nor bumped off someone with a night kill. I'm not sure if C'nor actually is the madman, but if not I think they're working with the madman.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-01-07 at 07:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

This makes sense. Well, more then other things I heard and said.

It doesn't explain some other weird things I've seen in this game, but I'm not sure those will be explained until the end.

It was to my understanding that the wolves could kill one person each night anyway? Regardless of powers I mean?

I'll vote for C'nor. It's a better theory then what we had up until now and it makes sense. Not completely, but it will suffice.

I still find something dubious- I see the chances of such a wolf winning very slim, but I'll go along.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-07 at 06:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Well that theory is convincing enough for me, I'll vote C'nor. To be honest the reason I haven't been voting is because I have no clue what's happening at this point. All that spy counter-spy faction jazz has thrown me for a complete loop, and I figured it would be best to stay out of it and see if I could figure something out in the background. I've yet to be able to, so I'll trust Xihirli on this.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I see the chances of such a wolf winning very slim, but I'll go along.
    Me, too. But the fact remains: the madman didn't kill anyone until Puppies.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The C'nor theory feels a bit too far-fetched/complicated to me, although maybe I'm just underestimating this game.

Not feeling very well right now, I'll just put a vote on flat_footed for being just inactive enough to not be autolynched. Could be trying to fly under the radar? IDK.

Also, is there a reason Chrysocolla hasn't been autoed yet?
    Last edited by Elenna; 2020-01-07 at 12:16 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

It's evidence that they have been posting in a QT- Caerulea did say that you didn't have to post in here to avoid getting lynched automatically.

At least I think. If I'm not wrong Chrysocholla last post was on day 1? I couldn't find another one but I'm in sleep-deprivation mode right now, so it's plausible I'd miss it.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Also, is there a reason Chrysocolla hasn't been autoed yet?
    I didn't say a standard time, and gitp has been quite nonresponsive for me so I was procrastinating looking back through the thread. That said:

Chrysocolla: vote today or die.
    The Outsider: You have tonight and the next day to vote/act, or you will be autolynched.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That’s... quite a theory. I mean, the points you make are all valid, but it’s a massive leap to say that that makes C’nor the madman. There are also a couple of holes in this theory: if C’nor isn’t the Hacker I don’t know why the actual Hacker hasn’t counter-claimed, and how did she get the information she did unless she did have the hacker’s powers?

I mean, it’s possible but I personally find it very implausible without much evidence. (Also, I get the feeling “this is Xihirli, trusting her is never a good idea”). So keeping my vote where it is for now. Unless there’s any more evidence for this theory?

Edit: there’s a good chance I’ll end up regretting this, but Xihirli. I feel like making a bold accusation with little evidence is very suspicious.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-07 at 03:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it pains me but I have to change my vote one last time. But it'll stay there, this time. Xihirli.

Thinking about it, Snow is right. And, there are other things Xi did/said that kind of worry me, though I can't really say them since I have no way to prove them. Though it doesn't really make completely sense, so it's better then the C'nor theory but only marginally.

Also, C'nor, your inbox is filled.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-07 at 07:17 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Edit: there’s a good chance I’ll end up regretting this, but Xihirli. I feel like making a bold accusation with little evidence is very suspicious.
    There’s no public role list; why do you think there’s a real hacker?

Regardless I have good news for everybody who finds my accusation far-fetched and silly.
    My accusation was far-fetched and silly.
    I figured the only person who would go for it would be the person who knew C’nor wasn’t the killer, so they could get two false lynches out of this: C’nor, then me.
    Because a wolf can’t resist a target that isn’t them that can be blamed on somebody else.
    Eh, [COLOR="#FF0000”]Flyinglemur[/color]?
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-01-07 at 07:50 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

...I actually found it to make sense, that's an hit to my ego xD. Or I'm the wolf.

Also, the color code isn't working, though it looks ok?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-01-07 at 08:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Lemur popping up from inactive is indeed suspicious.

Chrysocolla hasn't had a forum-capable device for a bit, I know them from elsewhere.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2020-01-07 at 08:06 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    There’s no public role list; why do you think there’s a real hacker?
    Because the hacker was one of the town roles listed in the OP, and we already know the cook and newly-weds exist(ed).

I mean, I could understand a move like that, but... how do I know you're telling the truth? One of the major things I've picked up so far is "trusting Xihirli is always a bad idea". And Silent_Interim's original point is still valid (showing up after that and trying a silly and far-fetched idea makes you more suspicious).

And I can also understand flyinglemur's being completely confused (I certainly am!) so I'll let them live. Although if it turns out you're town they're next on my suspect list.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

No.
    I’m not dying like this. Cowering behind a scapegoat, pretending my actions are their fault? Nothing but my protests and a “ game over” screen to sing me to my rest?
    A plague on that!
    That’s sinking down to your level.
    You call me an aberration, you call me ‘mad,’ but I’ve done nothing you all haven’t done. You were killing each other when I arrived, and you’ll keep killing each other when I’m dead.
    The only difference is that I don’t hide my actions behind a cursed flag.
    Somewhere in your mess of war and politics you tried to label me. Call me “mad.” A plague on your labels. We’re the same.
    So kill me if you like. But you’ll never rid yourself of madness: We’re all the madwomen, plural.
    Feel free to prove it by killing me.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-01-07 at 08:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wait... did Xihirli just claim to be the wolf? (Note that she has done that before while being town.)

The fact that all the deaths until the last one were gunshots, whereas the last one was a stabbing, does give credence to the idea that the former kills were spy kills and this last one the first wolf kill. It does seem very odd that the wolf hasn't been killing, but maybe the theory (Xi's theory, right?) that the wolf just has one kill is true, and the rest were between the American and Russian spies. I guess it's possible each spy network had a kill power, and the game expected most of the deaths to be caused by spies with the wolf hiding and waiting to strike at a pivotal moment. Odd methodology, but Caerulea said this was an odd game.

Valmark believed that the Americans killed Grek, so maybe he's part of one of the spy networks (Russian?) and knows that a spy network has a kill power? That's why he assumed they had a kill power?
    Actually, since there are a Russian and American coordinator, I wonder if the spy networks started out in communication with one another akin to how the Newlyweds do... or, if not the spies altogether, the Coordinator had a way to network them. That would allow coordination such that the networks could really fight each other, with the town caught in the crossfire.

Very odd, all in all.
    Also, I'll repeat that, at least to my knowledge, I'm the only Chinese agent. If there are any other Chinese agents in the game, feel free to contact me. Or, if you want to claim Chinese and thus manipulate me for your personal goals, that's also a good reason. Of course, my trust will be limited. (I feel a little odd saying this, but I claimed Chinese a good while ago, and nobody night-killed me, so I guess the American/Russian factions don't care about me.)

Oddly, I don't quite believe Xihirli's wolf-claim. I'll think about changing my vote as I see how discussion and voting changes during this day.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

But we're killing people to stay alive. You're killing people just because you can. (I mean, you're basically admitting you're the madman, right? Whatever you want to call it?)

And what about the ones who don't have female pronouns? Wouldn't "madpeople" be a better term?

(Also, I am perfectly sane and resent your implication that I'm not.)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Sucks being labeled incorrectly, doesn’t it?
    And I’m sure that time you Russian capybaras killed the narrator was strictly necessary.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Vote count check. Does this look right currently?
    I'm considering moving my vote due to the... well, wolf-claim, but want to make sure I understand the current situation first.

1 flyinglemur: C'nor,
    3 Xihirli: Silent_Interim, Snowblaze, Valmark
    1 Snowblaze: JeenLeen
    2 C'nor: flyinglemur, Xihirli (with error in color code)
    1 flat_footed: Elenna

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

What makes you think I’m a Russian spy? And... why capybaras?