New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Blaze acts first and TC has decided to go with dealing more damage, which should kill the thing... making your grapple roll less necessary. However, if you want to keep that roll for Jeremy's next attack, or reroll I will leave that up to you.

IC Post coming soon.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Initiative Order
    Spawn 14
    Bear 11
    Kara 9 (DOWN)
    Blaze 9
    Joanna 8
    Jeremy 7

Rolling for remaining spawn

(3d10)[6][9][10](25) grapple against Bear
    (6d10)[9][4][9][1][5][1](29) against Blaze

Rolling for Bear (8d10)[10][4][1][10][4][1][10][5](45)
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rolling for the Spawn

(3d10)[2][1][7](10) still grappling with Bear
    (6d10)[8][5][10][2][3][8](36) fighting Blaze

And rolling for Bear's grapple (8d10)[9][3][1][8][2][9][3][6](41)
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Contested perception against Joanna's awareness. (3d10)[1][2][5](8)
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rolling for remaining spawn (6d10)[3][8][2][10][3][3](29)

Rolling for Bear's upcoming attack (8d10)[8][6][10][7][10][2][1][8](52)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, rolling contested grapple. Jeremy gives Bear an additional 2d10.

Spawn (3d10)[6][4][1](11) Spawn attempts to escape
    Bear (10d10)[9][2][9][1][1][1][5][6][3][8](45) Bear attempts to do damage.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

What does Blaze know about Ponlo or the great sea lord he mentioned?

Int + occult + spec: (9d10)[7][4][4][1][7][9][5][2][8](47)
    9 again: (9d10)[7][6][2][4][9][9][3][2][8](50)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

All character boxes updated. For what it is worth, after switching back to Hishu all of Kara's boxes are still full of Lethal. I've adjusted character boxes with the assumption that all characters have reverted back to hishu.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

does blaze know how to build essence for the sea king to grow in power? Does he have to do something on the ocean itself or stock it with fish or something?
    (9d10)[7][4][5][6][3][3][6][7][2](43)
    9 again: (9d10)[2][7][9][9][9][5][5][4][10](60)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Despite the ridiculously bad roll there, Blaze understands that doing things to make the bay more healthy, will strengthen its Essence and the power of the Sea King’s chorus.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Despite the ridiculously bad roll there, Blaze understands that doing things to make the bay more healthy, will strengthen its Essence and the power of the Sea King’s chorus.
    Yeah he's going to ask for suggestions anyway.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Presence 3 + Expression 3 - 1
    Turn 1 (5d10)[2][2][4][2][8](18) Any 10s (5d10)[9][4][3][6][2](24)
    Turn 2 (5d10)[7][6][3][6][5](27) Any 10s (5d10)[9][2][8][4][7](30)
    Turn 3 (5d10)[7][7][2][5][10](31) Any 10s (5d10)[8][4][2][10][8](32)
    Turn 4 (5d10)[10][1][10][4][3](28) Any 10s (5d10)[8][3][6][10][8](35)
    Turn 5 (5d10)[8][7][3][10][2](30) Any 10s (5d10)[8][8][4][5][1](26)

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

presence + expression -1 = 6

1. (20d10)[8][9][1][10][2][7][4][7][1][7][2][5][1][5][2][4][8][5][10][3](101)
    2. (20d10)[6][2][6][10][9][4][5][8][2][8][7][10][6][7][9][8][3][3][4][4](121)
    3. (20d10)[10][6][9][10][1][10][3][9][4][3][2][10][5][7][10][3][1][5][1][3](112)
    4. (20d10)[2][7][2][8][3][1][6][6][3][10][10][2][5][8][2][6][7][4][4][1](97)
    5. (20d10)[7][5][1][1][1][10][3][2][4][4][4][6][10][5][4][3][6][9][9][9](103)

10 again's : (20d10)[8][8][1][3][5][2][8][2][6][1][2][2][5][3][2][6][3][5][8][6](86)
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I see no 10 agains for Bear, so will roll a couple here just in case

(5d10)[3][5][5][1][5](19)
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And Kara will help out at -3, no 10 again as NPC. Sorry, should have thought of this originally,
    (4d10)[9][4][2][9](24)
    (4d10)[2][3][1][1](7)
    (4d10)[10][5][1][10](26)
    (4d10)[5][9][4][6](24)
    (4d10)[7][2][7][2](18)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Using this post to do mental math

Addition to Blaze:
    1st roll: Jeremy 4, Bear 1, Joanna 1, Kara 2
    2nd roll: Jeremy 2, Bear 1
    3rd roll: Bear 1, Joanna 2, Kara 2
    4th roll: Jeremy 2, Bear 1, Joanna 3, Kara 1
    5th roll Jeremy 2, Bear 1, Joanna 3

So total additional to Blaze's roll:
    1st: 8d10
    2nd: 3d10
    3rd: 5d10
    4th: 7d10
    5th: 6d10

Looking at Blaze's rolls that makes totals per round:
    1st: 4 successes
    2nd: 4 successes
    3rd: 5 successes
    4th: 4 successes
    5th: 1 success

18 total successes.

So fricking close. Does anyone want to add a WP to try to boos Blaze a little more, or TC do you want to add a WP.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, after nearly a year, it is time to count up beats and give out some XP. As always, feel free to run through things and let me know if I am missing anything. This one is a loooong time coming so I'm gonna try to be a little extra generous here. As always, let me know if you want to spend xp, update aspirations ect. I'm again gonna give each player back 2WP, because you have all been so patient with me. After this we will be moving on to Act 2 Scene iv.

-Bear: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. Joanna, Jeremy, and Bear get a beat for looking into Corey of the Pure. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. I'm giving Bear an extra beat for his valiant efforts against The spawn, pretty much taking out the majority of them on his own. Bear also gets a beat for having damage in his third rightmost health box. I'll also give Bear a beat towards fighting the Church of Daigon as part of this combat. I count this as a total of 7 beats gained. This brings Bear to 2 beats and 4. Please take a look at and consider updating your aspirations.

-Blaze: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. Way back when, Blaze pushed the others to put more Essence in the well for the deep sea spirits, 1 beat towards strengthening spirit allies. Blaze hack's the school network to find out Oakheart's schedule, 1 beat towards pack aspiration of "dealing with the pure". Blaze gets a beat for looking into how the Pure were messing with the Tides. I'll give Blaze a beat for summoning Pequod for making stronger spirit allies. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. Blaze also gets a beat for having damage in his third rightmost health box. Blaze gets a beat towards making allies with the Sea King Spirit towards strengthening spirit allies. That's 9 beats gained, bringing him to 3 beats and 3 xp.

-Jeremy: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. Jeremy also gets a beat for helping Joana in researching the bible of dagon. Joanna, Jeremy, and Bear get a beat for looking into Corey of the Pure. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. Jeremy gets 5 beats. This brings him to 1 beat and 1 XP. I strongly suggest you consider updating some of your Aspirations, especially 1 and 2.

-Joanna: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. I'll give Joanna a beat for trying to talk to Jeremy about joining the Iron masters; however, I think we gotta start working towards this. Joanna goes after the church of Daigon 1 beat. Joanna gets a beat for researching the bible of dagon. Joanna, Jeremy, and Bear get a beat for looking into Corey of the Pure. Joanna gets an additional beat as this also works towards her personal aspiration. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. Joanna gets a beat for filling one of her rightmost health boxes during combat. Joanna gets 9 beats, which brings her to 1 beat and 3xp.

@All:: Don't forget about the following:
    -Appeasing Databolt, you have 6/8 successes so far
    -The completion of the Sea King's Rite of Wellspring 18/20 successes
    -The pack has stolen two barrels of elemental mercury to deal with the Pure.
    -I strongly suggest someone in the pack starts picking up some gifts or rites
    -Blaze's aspiration of "Reshape the resonance of the Death Locus", hasn't been addressed in a while. Blaze has 7/10 successes, and requires a wisdom and occult roll for each attempt.
    -Joanna's gotta joint a tribe.

As always, let me know if you want to spend any XP, and please consider updating your aspirations. Once I've had a few replies, we can the next scene. I think the pack is going to need at least a day or so to recover. I will not dock Essence for restarting the Well for the Deep Sea Spirits, but there is no Essence gained in the meantime.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-08-30 at 12:45 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, after nearly a year, it is time to count up beats and give out some XP. As always, feel free to run through things and let me know if I am missing anything. This one is a loooong time coming so I'm gonna try to be a little extra generous here. As always, let me know if you want to spend xp, update aspirations ect. I'm again gonna give each player back 2WP, because you have all been so patient with me. After this we will be moving on to Act 2 Scene iv.

-Bear: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. Joanna, Jeremy, and Bear get a beat for looking into Corey of the Pure. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. I'm giving Bear an extra beat for his valiant efforts against The spawn, pretty much taking out the majority of them on his own. Bear also gets a beat for having damage in his third rightmost health box. I'll also give Bear a beat towards fighting the Church of Daigon as part of this combat. I count this as a total of 7 beats gained. This brings Bear to 2 beats and 4. Please take a look at and consider updating your aspirations.

-Blaze: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. Way back when, Blaze pushed the others to put more Essence in the well for the deep sea spirits, 1 beat towards strengthening spirit allies. Blaze hack's the school network to find out Oakheart's schedule, 1 beat towards pack aspiration of "dealing with the pure". Blaze gets a beat for looking into how the Pure were messing with the Tides. I'll give Blaze a beat for summoning Pequod for making stronger spirit allies. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. Blaze also gets a beat for having damage in his third rightmost health box. Blaze gets a beat towards making allies with the Sea King Spirit towards strengthening spirit allies. That's 9 beats gained, bringing him to 3 beats and 3 xp.

-Jeremy: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. Jeremy also gets a beat for helping Joana in researching the bible of dagon. Joanna, Jeremy, and Bear get a beat for looking into Corey of the Pure. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. Jeremy gets 5 beats. This brings him to 1 beat and 1 XP. I strongly suggest you consider updating some of your beats, especially 1 and 2.

-Joanna: 2 beats for completing a very long scene. I'll give Joanna a beat for trying to talk to Jeremy about joining the Iron masters; however, I think we gotta start working towards this. Joanna goes after the church of Daigon 1 beat. Joanna gets a beat for researching the bible of dagon. Joanna, Jeremy, and Bear get a beat for looking into Corey of the Pure. Joanna gets an additional beat as this also works towards her personal aspiration. Everyone gets a beat for going towards the Idigam's lair towards pack aspiration. Joanna gets a beat for filling one of her rightmost health boxes during combat. Joanna gets 9 beats, which brings her to 1 beat and 3xp.

@All:: Don't forget about the following:
    -Appeasing Databolt, you have 6/8 successes so far
    -The completion of the Sea King's Rite of Wellspring 18/20 successes
    -The pack has stolen two barrels of elemental mercury to deal with the Pure.
    -I strongly suggest someone in the pack starts picking up some Rites.
    -Blaze's aspiration of "Reshape the resonance of the Death Locus", hasn't been addressed in a while. Blaze has 7/10 successes, and requires a wisdom and occult roll for each attempt.
    -Joanna's gotta joint a tribe.

As always, let me know if you want to spend any XP, and please consider updating your aspirations. Once I've had a few replies, we can the next scene. I think the pack is going to need at least a day or so to recover. I will not dock Essence for restarting the Well for the Deep Sea Spirits, but there is no Essence gained in the meantime.
    Ah I thought we were done with the Death well, Blaze will tackle that and finish it off. Only two more successes needed so should be quick.

Which rites should we be looking at? Blaze already had a lot..
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Joanna felt fairly useless in the last fight so it'd make sense that she would bug whoevers available to learn more about being Uratha. She'll find out whatever she needs to do to work towards joining the Iron Masters.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Joanna felt fairly useless in the last fight so it'd make sense that she would bug whoevers available to learn more about being Uratha. She'll find out whatever she needs to do to work towards joining the Iron Masters.
    Blaze is Iron Masters so we can figure something out there.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Which rites should we be looking at? Blaze already had a lot..
    My bad, I meant to say Gifts. It seems like no one is pickup... though not really using their gifts.

And uh, let me know if anyone is spending any XP?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

My bad, I meant to say Gifts. It seems like no one is pickup... though not really using their gifts.

And uh, let me know if anyone is spending any XP?
    Well I've got sneaky and perception related gifts so it's kind of specialised. There's also Beast Talker, but I was split on how much she should be aware that she has it.

Will spend 2xp on a second dot in Brawl. Maybe she's talked someone into practice fighting during downtime.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I have updated Joanna's character box.

Will wait on some of the other players before staring the next scene.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

What does Blaze know about getting into the iron masters?
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze was inducted into the Iron Masters back in Portland Maine, where the Anchor Wolves were formed from. Portland had a little under ten packs in the general area, of which there were a little over five or six Iron Masters. There the tribe would have local powwows at one of a few local coffee shops or dive bars. These meetings would be known as Swaps, which was a pretty ubiquitous tradition in the Tribe as far as Blaze is aware. Blaze's induction involved finding a criminal and stalking them for an entire 24 hours, remaining hidden but never leaving their sight, starting with one night's moon and ending when the next had risen in the night's sky. After this, Blaze had captured the criminal, and brought them to the gathered tribe, who performed a ritual sacrifice on the criminal's body at the top of the tallest building in Maine, dedicating the kill to The Red Wolf, Sagrim-Ur.

Once this was successful, Blaze was inducted into the Iron Wolves, and further educated in their hunting ways, gifts, and rituals.

And I mostly just made that up based on the text given. So feel free to take that and use it or change it as you see fit... though I'd stick to something in that vein.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-09-10 at 08:05 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Going to make a post here for simplicity's sake rather than in the IC or discord.

So, since the group is in agreement. They will perform the Sacred Hunt Rite. Because there is no time limit, I won't make you guys roll to activate the rite. From there, they are able to drain any spirit they hunt of Essence when they capture them.

is this something we can use shadow Hunter for?
    Yes, it would add Blaze's Wisdom to rolls to hunt their target, though would cost an Essence.

From there we will need a couple of things/decisions; the group can choose to go after a major spirit, or a chorus of lesser spirits. The group also need to finalize what type of spirit, pollution or death spirits, that they are going after.

Finally I will need each character to make a single Wits + Survival/Occult Roll. Goal 6 successes. If failed, the target/targets find out they are being stalked and this gets a little more interesting.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Wits 3 + Survival 1
    (4d10)[1][4][1][5](11)
    Any 10s
    (4d10)[3][6][5][7](21)

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Wits2 + occult4 + spirit spec 1: (7d10)[2][5][9][2][7][4][2](31)

9 again: (7d10)[3][1][1][2][7][5][1](20)
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #539
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wits 3 (No skill in either option) (3d10)[9][8][7](24) - tens (3d10)[4][5][8](17)

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yikes. The dice are not being friendly now. That's 3 successes. Waiting on Bear, will roll for Kara:

(4d10)[4][6][7][2](19)

EDIT: I guess keeping it at 3.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-09-17 at 04:56 PM.
    Show