New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Welcome to the OOC thread for "New Bedford by Night". Yes, I am not very creative with the naming

As it is developed, I will use this post to start describing the basic setting of New Bedford. I will go into detail regarding the major districts, and will describe specific important locations, unique to these areas.

1st IC thread linked here

2nd IC thread is linked here

3rd IC thread is linked here

1st OOC thread linked here

Spoiler: Important Locations
    Show
    #The Winfield Cannary: The warehouse inherited by The Anchor Wolves as their base of operations. The building is a tall brick factory, that was used for canning sardines and anchovies. The building was originally the Melville Porthouse, the largest and most prestigious dock for storing whaling vessels. the original porthouse was built in 1836, and existed for about 100 years. In 1924, the old ship house burned down, and was replaced by the Winfield Cannary within a year. The warehouse packed and shipped sardines till the 60's when the company went out of business. Due to the old building’s importance, in the Shadow, the building still appears partly as an old ship building, and even houses an advanced spirit (See NPC list).

#Fort Taber Park: A fort established during the civil war that has been turned into a community park and war memorial. The fort was built directly on the water, of old hewn stone, built upon during both WWI and WWI. Many paths wind around various barracks and military buildings, and along the water’s edge. The Clark Point Lighthouse stands out towering over and lighting the bay.

#The Whaling Museum: An educational tourist attraction built around New Bedford’s history in the whaling industry, now focused on helping to preserve the Cape’s slowly dwindling whale populations. Many prominent and wealthy members of the New Bedford and Dartmouth communities sit on the museum’s Board of Directors.

#Ash Street Jail: The only local jail in the community. Built in 1829, it is one of the oldest standing Jails in America, and in many ways is relatively primotive from a technologic and security standpoint. The Jail is well known for having housed Lizzy Borden while she awaited trial.

#Merill’s Wharf: The historic Wharf district in New Bedford. It’s streets are still cobblestone, lined with low brick buildings and old wooden structures in great disrepair. A number of more modern bars and nightclubs have opened up in the Wharf District, and most of the live music in the area is played here.

#Saint Luke’s Hospital: Originally built by Episcopal Protestans in 1880, the Hospital is the only standalone medical center in the community. Saint Luke’s has long been criticized for it’s poor standard of care, and it’s not uncommon to hear comments such as, “It’s better to stay at home and die than go to Saint Luke’s”.

#U-Mass Dartmouth: One of the major State Colleges in the U-Mass system. The sprawling campus is sprawling and relatively removed from the rest of Dartmouth. The large student body significantly lowers the average age of the otherwise old-money Dartmouth community.

#The Poor Hut: A local bar on Union street that has live music most every night of the week. The bar is frequented by locals and college students alike and is the location of the band’s first performance in New Bedford.

Spoiler: Themes and Setting
    Show
    #Duality of nature in all its forms. Finding a balance between man and beast and implicitly in this, the struggle of man vs. beast and man vs. nature.

#Paradise Lost: New Bedford was once a crown jewl in New England, first for it’s involvement in the Whaling industry, and later for it’s industrial boom. Sadly, both eras are gone, and now New Bedford is an economically depressed city looking for a new identity.

#What has lied in the Darkness for centuries: This has two meanings. As previously discussed, there will be an aspect of Lovecraftian horror, with elements of the City tied deeply to unspeakable horrors from forgotten eons. The second meaning however, is that New Bedford (along with Massachusetts, New England... and oh wait, all of America), was originally the land of the Native Americans. Their presence greatly colored the area for the settlers with pretty much every location in Massachusetts (including the state itself) being named after the Native Americans. These individuals unsurprisingly had a very different homeostasis with their environment and with The Spirits, and The Shadow does not forget this.

Spoiler: Solomon
    Show
    His sheet

Spoiler: Background Info on Solomon
    Show
    (Please bear in mind the character concept evolved over time so may not scan as perfectly as I'd like)
    Always a loner, only fitted in in his local church group, intended/studied to become a Priest. After the first change lost his faith and humanity, lived a long time as a wolf. Brought back to Harmony by music he heard at the Loci, joined the band to rediscover his humanity.
    Issac was a lonely boy who turned into a lonely young man. His isolation was not the product of traumabut rather a profound and overwhelming shyness. Issac hated his birthday more than any other day of the year, it was a special kind of torture to stand up in front of everyone he knew and have they stare at and sing for him. Even now hearing the tones of 'happy birthday' can send a shiver down his spine like no Host ever could.
    This attitude was not helped by his parents. They were not malicious, indeed by the standard of the times they were excellent parents, their fault was in being overly attentive, overly protective and (most importantly) overly religious.
    The environment of the Church is perfect for a man like Issac. The conversation is always hushed, passions are rarely raised. Everyone is overly kind but overly reserved compared to their normal selves and they are anxious that their kindness and reserve are well noted. He felt most at home in the Church, from the many elderly parishioners there he adopted a general scorn for the sinful ways of his own generation, scorn that naturally turned into a false sense of superiority. It was that superiority, his supposed purity in the face of temptation (The cunning disguise he had thrown over his glaring weaknesses and major character fault) that lead to his decision to become a Priest.

He had almost completed his studies and was ready to be ordained when he had his First Change. His parents had flown thousands of miles to see the ceremony, to watch him begin a new life. In a way, they did watch him begin a new life, a pity that beginning meant the lose of their own lives, as well as all others in the Chapel. It was a bloodbath, entrails and gore covered the pews, blood splashed half way up the wall, dozens dead and the few survivors lost to Lunacy. It was if the chapel had been attacked by a host of demons. He quit the Collage after that and none could blame the poor lad for his loss of faith, no one knew what happened that night but plenty had seen the athermath.

After that he wandered. Issac was very good at hiding himself, at being alone. Any number of tell tale spirits reported him to the tribes, yet none could catch him in either world. He lived in Urhan form and fled anyone that was not his prey. He lived as a beast, immersing himself in the now, in simply being. In having no other concern other then a full belly and somewhere to shelter and hunt. He achieved a sweet oblivion in an animal's pure pursuits that sometimes caused his parents mangled bodies to drift from his mind, to free him from the chains of guilt.

Spoiler: Solomon's connections
    Show
    Kara Solomon, like most Iraka, has stalked each member of his pack at one point or another. They find it difficult to switch off the hunting instincts, particularly those who revere Hikaon-Ur. This is not done with any intent of malice or harm, quite the opposite. Solomon wants to detect any weakness in his pack, so he might protect them from themselves. He has occasional guilty thoughts about killing all of them, and everything else. He tells himself this is part of the gift and curse of Mother Moon for the Iraka. He tells himself he can use this knowledge to prevent anyone else who had divined the most effective way to stalk his friends.
    Of these protective stalkings it was Kara who left the greatest impression, in that she was the cause for greatest concern. She is a dreamer, rooted in practicalities and far too human. All admirable traits, but ones making her easy prey. So occasionally, when Kara is away from the city streets, she has a shadowy protector. From this vantage he has come to admire Kara greatly, for she is beautiful in all the ways that he is not.
    Kara lives firmly in the now - her interest in history extending only to the world of Music. Her head is usually in the clouds, or her nose buried in her phone (or a notebook with furiously scribbled lyrics and musical notes). She gushes over the latest technological toys, and how many twitter followers she has (her handle is @KaraStClair). She's always trying to snap candid pics of her 'family' to show the Interwebs and show off the band she is fiercely proud of.
    Sometimes the dreams that are common to Cahalith are quite traumatic, and she's developed a tendency to sleep in little cat naps wherever and whenever she has the time. Suffice it to say, the obligatory 'just-waking-up' selfies are some of her most common.
    Since she's always got a tune in her head distracting her, she's not always the most perceptive of the Pack. As such, it's not likely she's really aware when Solomon stalks her - even if she may be aware that he does. She certainly doesn't mind if she does know - she's got a remarkably lax concept of personal boundaries when it comes to her Packmates (She's not above creeping into the bathroom and snapping surprise photos with a gleeful cackle), or just flopping down and sprawling across them if they're lounging around.
    In the case of Solomon specifically, she feels a strange kinship to him as far as the spark of music goes. She's no where sneaky enough to not have the Irraka not notice, but sometimes she likes to just sit and listen to him practice his instrument.....and sometimes, if she thinks he's having a rough day, she likes to sing to him. If asked, she just flashes a lopsided grin and says "Music soothes the Savage Beast."
    Solomon feels strangely vulnerable when he is practising and looks up and catches Kara's eyes on him. He sometimes feels a giddy panic when she sings to him. He is fully aware of what these feelings might mean and is very determined not to explore them.

Juno: As suggested above Solomon is a good enough Irraka to have smelt out Juno's weakness, the troubled past she is fleeing. However he mistakenly believes she is literally fleeing something. He is content that Juno can handle herself but he checks her back trial once in a while, just in case.

Bear: Solo feels Bear is the only one taking his duties as seriously as himself. They have an understanding where, if Bear wants to hunt something the pack may not agree to, he comes to Solo first. Bear knows that if Solo agrees he will move heaven and earth to get the rest behind Bear, if he disagrees he will remain silent when Bear pitches the idea to the others. If Solo wants to hunt something the pack may not agree to he goes to Bear first and gets the same treatment, although he usually tries to convince Bear it was his own idea first.
    Bear respects and likes Solo. His Irraka brother has endured a great deal, and persevered. He particularly likes hunting with Solo, the two will often set traps together, one harrying the prey to where the other awaits. Which does the harrying depends on the nature of the prey of course.

As much as he encourages Kara to embrace the wolf, he knows Solomon has problems in the other direction. If he seems to be slipping, he'll offer to be the man's anchor. It is important to Bear that everyone in the pack stands on stable ground, there is no way for them to grow otherwise.

Iago: I'd like to hear your idea. Solo would have been pretty open about his past. He would have skirted over the murdered parents 'I hurt people I loved' although that's not to say he wouldn't have confided at a later date. The religious background he'd be open about, as well as the loss of faith. His time as a wolf and his return to harmony via music was probably known before Iago met him.

Blaze: Solomon is uneasy around Spirits, or at least powerful ones. He also only has a rough idea of what an Ithaeur does. This can occasionally cause friction as he expects Blaze to have all the answers instantly or to allay his fears with but a wave of his hand. He only tolerates the weed because he thinks it's a shamanic thing (It's worth repeating Solomon had a very sheltered life before the Change).

Spoiler: Solomon on...
    Show
    Juno T. Alexei
    She flees from something. I've seen her checking her backtrail when she thinks no-one's looking far too often. She doesn't need to do that anymore, I'm checking it for her, I'll find trouble before it finds her.
    I have not discussed this with her of course, that would rob her of her power and her privacy, I get the sense that both are very important to her. She won't know until her past catches up to her, when she finds whatever is pursuing her with my fangs in it's neck.

John "Bear" Vanders
    It's impossible not to love Bear, it is even more impossible to rationalise with him when his blood is up. His moods can be very mercurial, sometimes it pays to know when to stay out of his way. We are as different as chalk and cheese, as unalike as two Forsaken can be. He is Fire, I am Ice. He is strong in all the ways I am not and vice versa. Strange as it sounds, that makes us ideal hunting partners. I disliked him at first, after our first jam I loved him. I got him wrong, you see, I thought he was an affable thug, but he's a really lovely guy with a nasty streak a mile long. Big difference.

Kara St.Claire
    Stunningly beautiful, stunningly talented, I'm sure you noticed. The Heart of Our Pack, the soul of the band, the one to pick off if you wanted to destroy the Anchor Fangs. We're lucky to have her, but she's also a chink in our armour, far too human, far too distracted with song and fame. I know her dreams are often troubled, one does not awake in a cold sweat with a pounding heart in a room full of werewolves unnoticed. I wish I could help her with that. I wonder if Luna punishes her for being too human, maybe Bear's right and she's not taking this Forsaken thing as seriously as she should. Although more likely the fickle bi... Excuse me. More likely our changeable mother does it on a whim.

Blaze
    The kid's got a lot to live up to, I don't envy him that. His Auspice seems a lot more demanding than mine, the worst I get is kinda hurting when I'm with the pack and when I'm alone, usually it's just one or the other. It didn't take much to teach me my role, mainly I was taught what we are not. I imagine a Crescent Moon has a lot more homework to do. Plus he's got a family to worry about. I... don't. I sometimes struggle to keep myself whole in this one world. Blaze lives in four worlds, at least.

Iago
    If ever a man was inaptly named. What? It's Shakespeare, it doesn't matter. His namesake is one of the most interesting villains you'll come across... In a play anyway... An arch manipulator and liar. Nothing like Iago at all. There are some similarities I suppose. Both are deep and don't share the majority of their thoughts, both are highly intelligent, charismatic and understand well the rules of society.
    If Kara's our heart then Iago's our centre. She drew us together, he provides the counter balance to keep us together. He reins in Kara's and Bear's excesses so naturally they are unaware of it. Maybe he does the same for me. I feel there is a lot I do not know about him, yet he seems the one most alike to myself

Solomon on the road
    On the way to the gig Solomon will usually have his nose in a book. The pack have learnt not to ask him what he's reading or why, as his answer is always a very long one.
    When not reading he'll usually have headphones in, he is very conscience his musical education only started a couple of years ago and he's determined to catch up.

Solomon before the gig
    Solomon hates waiting around, this is the only time he could be described as a diva. The roadies have learnt not to tune or sound check his instruments, not so much because he doesn't trust them, it just keeps him out of their hair for a bit.

Solomon during the gig
    He'll generally hide at the back behind Bear or Kara. He comes out for his solos though, approaching centre stage with relish. He doesn't bounce about much, leaving that to the charismatic youngsters

Soloman after the gig
    Solomon never looks more uncomfortable then when the groupies, weed and booze flood the backstage. However Kara has made it perfectly clear she considers the after party part of band duties. Therefore after the gig Solomon typically plays his violin into the wee hours of the night. This will typically attract a small crowd of hangers on which will dissipate throughout the night. Although he appears lost to the music he'll watch everything like a hawk and is usually the last to leave

Solo having a jam
    Solo loves to experiment but doesn't have the confidence to lead the way. If Bear or Iago want to try something different he's right behind them.

Solomon writing music
    Solomon has made numerous attempts at writing. Most of them were dismissed out of hand and only two of which have been adopted by the band. That doesn't stop him though, Kara can expect at least one submission on a weekly basis, he can be quite argumentative if he's particularly pleased with the effort.

Solomon on being Forsaken

Solomon on the Hunt
    'I live for it, but it hunts me as much as I hunt. I can't ever quite switch it off, I've got plans for killing pretty much everyone I've ever met. I didn't think of any of it, it just comes to me and won't go away. Sometimes I feel like I'll lose myself to the wolf again.'

Solomon on Luna
    Solomon doesn't want to ruffle any feathers but he has his suspicions about Luna and the creation myth. He's already been gulled by one religion and isn't looking to be fooled by another. He's noted the striking similarities between Pangea and Eden, and between Abel and Father Wolf. That last comparison has him rattled; If Father Wolf is Abel then the Forsaken are Caine and Luna, most worryingly of all, is the Serpent. He's been wanting to discuss this for a long time but finding a werewolf well versed in both Forsaken myth and Catholic dogma, without being invested in either, is not easy.

Solomon on the Oaths
    Solomon observes the Oaths for three reasons.
    One, they are the rules of his new family
    Two, they just make sense
    Three, he has seen the positive change the Forsaken can make in the Hisil, it seems an excellent thing to dedicate his life too.

Solomon on the pack
    'Luna made us to be part of a pack. We need it. I need it. Of course she also afflicted me with wanderlust and a need to be alone. She's funny like that.

Solomon on the Pure
    He hasn't told anyone but he's had a couple of run-ins with the Firetouched. He found their rhetoric and zeal impressive, but their theological theory is centuries behind the Church's. He asked too many difficult questions and ended up being chased away

Spoiler: Character Box
    Show
    Harmony: 7
    Willpower: 4/4
    Essence: 10/10
    Health: 7/7
    Beats/EXP: 0/0
    Tilts/Conditions: none
    Aspirations: Short Make our Den secure
    Short Claim a locus
    Long Achieve something of lasting good in the Hisil

Spoiler: Michael O’Malley
    Show

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Michael O’Malley wanted to feel something different tonight. He was glad he had tickets to the show tonight, and he was glad he had his fake ID and at least some cash leftover, the last he could take out before the card got cancelled. His mother and her boyfriend...fiance...whatever the **** she was calling him this week had made sure they’d told him all about that when they were laying into him earlier. No more of our money, no more of our concern, blah blah blah. That was a laugh, most of all. “Our” money. It was all Alan’s money. His mother just wanted that so badly she imagined it as hers before they’d even tied the knot. It might have been Alan’s most redeeming feature.

Once upon a time, she had seemed to love his father. They’d not had alot of money, but they got by. Michael remembered most their camping trips. Being outside in the woods, his father teaching him everything he knew...he couldn’t have been happier. It struck Michael later that it was odd, his happiness at those times because it was during one of those trips that he first experienced what he had to believe it was to lose your mind.

He was maybe 7 or 8, and in the Maine woods. He had walked some away from the camp, but could still see the smoke. Bored and curious, he walked through the woods until he suddenly heard in his mind the word “Stop,” and from the corner of his eye could swear he saw a flicker of fur and eyes - always eyes. The eyes of a dog. He stopped, his heart beginning race and he looked down. Sure enough, his foot was lodged in a root. One more step and he would have plunged headlong. He shook his head and returned to the camp.

There were recessions, and job losses and the stress was just too much for his parents. They started fighting, fighting more, until eventually the fighting never stopped. They had eventually split up a year ago. One of their biggest arguments was over the...well, they never spoke of it directly, but they always talked of the animals. There were bodies found occasionally outside Michael’s windows. Squirrels. Rabbits. All dismembered and left. The last straw had come when a squirrel had been found at the foot of Michael’s bed and he could give no explanation as to why. His mother threatened him with commitment. Of course, Michael knew the time frame. The “gifts” always appeared just after he overheard one of his parents bitter fights. When the flashes of fur and eyes increased. They were for him, he knew. Of course, this was all insane logic. He wouldn’t tell anyone his thoughts because they’d think he was even crazier. He took to getting up at the crack of dawn to walk around his house, checking for bodies. The yards too.

A month after their split, his mother had hooked up with Alan. Such a long time of mourning. He hated Alan. His “friends” had hated Alan too. Occasionally they would do that. He would meet someone new and the fur and eyes would whisper whether he should trust them or not. Or tell him something about them. Alan was every capitalist fantasy embodied in one human form. His mother loved the new world she got to inhabit and tried to forget everything about her old life, himself included. The last straw for his behaviour, they told him, was not going to classes for a whole semester. He’d been kicked out of his house earlier that morning, and had driven straight for hours, eventually winding back to the show he had the tickets for. He had brought the speed up dangerously in his car, drifting occasionally into thoughts of...running. It happened sometimes when he was alone and not in fear of anyone seeing or being a party to his thoughts. He let the insanity of his “pack” bleed in, and imagined them running with him alongside the car.

Before he got out of his car, he stopped to look at his knuckles. They were healing decently but still looked rough. The wall next to his mother’s door had taken a punch as he had left. He didn’t want to make anyone nervous in the bar. He took a few deep breaths. He was feeling a little...unusual tonight, but he attributed it to the events of the morning. He kept hearing sounds just in his periphery, seeing things at the limits of his vision. The wolves were close tonight. More than just fur and eyes...whole forms, now, seen fleetingly. He also felt the anger of earlier as fresh as a new wound, threatening to overcome him. He consciously tried to push it down and went into the bar.

He looked around once he was inside. He seemed kind of young for the place, but otherwise he was attired appropriately. He had on black jeans and a leather jacket. Quite a few Metallica fans, he thought as he glanced down at his own Rise Against t-shirt. He used his fake ID to get a drink and then looked around. ****. He would need to find somewhere to stay tonight. Or, sleep in his car. He frowned, turning his attention to other things.

Like the opening act. They caught him like a silver bullet. Most of their songs weren’t really his cup of tea but there was something...attenuating...about their performance. The noises and visions he had been seeing all night seemed to be pulled towards them, into them. Every one of them seemed to shine in his vision. He heard the voices in his head agree. “Keep an eye on them,” they said. “Follow them.” When they were done, he realized it felt like no time at all had passed. He’d been in a fugue the whole set.

He shook his head, which felt like is was swimming. Get it together...you just thought the singer was hot. He moved over to a table and slipped in, staggering just a little. Could he have had too much? He pulled out his phone and checked his different social media accounts. Cry Wolf. That’s what they said their name was. He quickly followed them. It was after all his friends’ suggestion.

A few more drinks later and he’d paged through the backlog of some of Kara’s tweets. They mostly seemed to be hers. He left the bar. It was too late to call any friends. It’d be the car tonight. He drove towards the nearest 24 hour mega mart, so at least he could park overnight. The whole ride was filled with Cry Wolf playing on his phone.

Spoiler: Character Sheet
    Show

Michael O’Malley
    Elodath, formerly Wolf-Blooded

Renown: Honour 1
    Primal Urge 1
    Blood: Destroyer
    Bone: Cub
    Harmony: 8
    Auspice Benefit: Darkness Into Light p. 22 (push or cure Death Rage)
    Hunter’s Aspect: Isolating
    Accessible Gifts: Half Moon, Insight, Warding
    Gifts: Scent Beneath The Surface, All Doors Locked
    Rites:
    Taking the Pack triggers from p. 104

Intelligence - 3
    Wits - 2
    Resolve - 2

Strength - 3
    Dexterity - 3
    Stamina - 2

Presence - 2
    Manipulation - 2
    Composure - 2

Acadmics - 1
    Investigation - 1
    Politics - 2

Athletics - 2 (totem bonus included)
    Brawl - 1
    Drive - 2
    Stealth - 2 (crowds)
    Survival - 1

Empathy - 4
    Expression - 2 (guitar)(totem bonus included)
    Persuasion - 2
    Socialize - 2
    Streetwise - 3 (rumors)

Barfly - 1
    Common Sense - 4
    Pack Dynamics - 4
    Contacts 2 (activists, rock fans)
    Fame- 1 (Totem bonus)

Allies 2 (college radio)
    - several of his college friends are DJs at the radio station. He’s even been on the air with them once or twice.

Allies 1 (bars/venues)
    - the local bars and music venues know him for coming too early and staying too late. Probably enough to “forget” to card sometimes. This may seem redundant with barfly, but I wanted to keep it in case he needs it for a venue outside his usual circle.

Allies 1 (law enforcement from a “beat cop” level)
    - a friend of his from High School who was several years ahead of him got a job on the local police force and they stayed in touch. He’s only a beat cop so not highly influential.

Aspiration 1: Join the Iron Masters Tribe
    Aspiration 2: Find somewhere to live that is a “home”
    Aspiration 3: Track down and reconnect with his father

Touchstone: Izidakh, one of the spirit wolves. Izidakh is the spirit wolf who has that most “substance,” to the point where Michael has seen more than just flashes. He does not know the wolf’s name, only that it appears to have a streak of auburn along it’s pelt, almost appearing as though it had passed through “flame.” He knows Izidakh’s voice though. Gravelly, low, and a little unnerving, it is this voice that speaks nearly all the time when advice is being given.

Spoiler: Appearance & Miscellaneous
    Show

Michael is 19’years old and of fairly tall height. He is of average weight, as well, though maybe skewing to a little heavier. He has brown hair and eyes, his hair worn somewhat longer. He usually dresses in mostly black - black jeans, boots, and an assortment of band t-shirts, usually covered by a leather jacket or hoodie. He’d prefer to think of himself as brooding, but he can crack a smile easily.

When he has reason to be in a place that might be called a rough area and he knows there’ll be lax security, he does carry a hunting knife either under his pant-leg or in the back of his jeans.

At the present moment, he lives out of his car: a grey Z-Roc Camaro, obviously the recipient of some careful attention.

Since music is of such importance to this campaign (and I love it), these are the three CD cases laying on his passenger seat:

1. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria
    2. Wolves by Rise Against
    3. October Rust by Type O Negative

There are several more in the backseat.

Spoiler: The Reveler in the Vineyard
    Show
    Rank 3 Ensih, Essence 15/15, Corpus 6, WP 8/8, Initiative 8, Defense 5, Speed 14
    Power 7, Finesse 5, Resistance 3
    Bans: Once a month, Reveler in the Vineyard must use its powers to enact pleasure/hedonistic tendencies in the world of flesh, even if it negatively effects those that Reveler is influencing
    Bane: Bugs that eat plants, such as spider mites, and grapeleaf skeletonizers.
    Influence: Pleasure 2 Vineyard 1
    Numina (15/4=3+1=4): Drain (pg 191), Emotional Aura (192), Rapture (192), Entropic Decay (192)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-02-05 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

This Post is Reserved for a List of the NPCs

# Michael Knowlton (Elodath/Hunter in Darkness): The Alpha of the Arrow Heads pack, and leader of the Brockton Protecterate. He has long shaggy dirty blond hair and a scruffy beard. He comes off as layed back and blue collar, but is a truly cunning leader and a fearsome warrior. Those who have fought along side him, almost always immediately swear their allegiance to the Uratha many simply know call Knowlton.

# Mary: One of the employee’s of The New Bedford Whaling Museum. She is very knowledgeable about the city’s history, and seems more than eager to help teach The Pack. However, there is something strangely artificial about the way she smiles and talks.

# Mr. John Farley: The owner of The Poor Hut. A middle aged man with a long grey pony tail, and a friendly demeanor. he prefers button down Hawaiian shirts and Teva sandles, and is drawing up a contract to keep The Anchor Wolves playing at his pub on a weekly basis.

# Officer Jones: The young ginger haired police officer that Kara met outside Saint Lukes Hospital. The two exchanged numbers and its clear that the man could be a useful asset in the upcoming months.

# Barney Marsh: The ex-fisherman cab driver.

# Dr. Levi: A resident physician working at Saint Luke’s Hospital. He seems to be very overworked.

# Chase: An ENT who became the host of a Nihilith. Solomon has skinned the man and is now wearing his skin like a suit.

# Zachary: Michael's friend who is a student at U Mass Dartmouth. Zachary's roommate turned out to be possessed by a Beshilu. He is now a late night DJ on the campus' digital radio station and one of Michael's best contacts in the local music scene. He has sandy bedraggled hair and suntanned skin. Of late he has been dressing very preppy.

#Brock Turner: Joanna's prey, a man from Boston, who had fled the city after committing a heinous if not deranged murder. Joanna has the impression that he was somehow influenced by a murder spirit, or perhaps is being ridden, as the murder was completely out of character based on interviews with those who knew him. Brock was allegedly staying with his cousin in New Bedford, Finney Marsh, who works as a bus driver for a local ferry company called "Sea Skipper Travels".

#Catalina: Catalina is Solomon's new love interest, whom he met at Miskatonic University in Arkham. She is short and lithe of frame, with jet black hair, pale skin, blue eyes and a round face. Catalina is smart and highly social, always going out of her way to make a good impression and make others feel heard and welcome. She enjoys creature comforts, though she does not come from money, and is the type who would rather buy a new thing than find a way to maintain or recycle an old object.

Spoiler: List of Important Spirits
    Show
    #King Sky Hunter: A great falcon spirit with golden brown feathers, and glowing yellow eyes. The spirit is a great hunter, with serrated beak of bone, and giant talons made of harpoons and fishing hooks. King Sky Hunter has a greed to help the Anchor Wolves, if it is granted hunting rights to The Winfield Building and Cannery and the associated Locus.

#Pequod: The personified spirit of of the New Bedford Whaling industry. Despite the industry’s decline in the last century, the local pride and identity as a Whaling City has kept Pequod alive. Pequod was trapped in the Winfield Building by the Harbor Wolves, tasked with keeping the space free of rising spirits. Pequod is resentful of its situation as an Uratha watch dog. The spirit appears as a giant whaling vessel that shifts between different eras of ship, with a figurehead of a wooden whaler complete with cap and harpoon.

#Izidakh: A mighty Iurhir that runs with a pack of lower dog spirits. Izidakh appears rather lupine, and has a square head, large pointed ears and a long muzzle filled with multiple rows of fangs. It's dark grey pelt had a streak of auburn that passed along it's spine like a column of fire. It's eyes glow a piercing emerald green. Izidakh and its pack once followed Michael, trying to guide the man when he was still just a Wolf Blooded.

#Devouring Inferno: (Currently dormant) The lead spirit of a chorus of flame spirits in The Hisil. Devouring Inferno appears as a massive humanoid wreathed in flame. He has large insectile compound eyes that grow like burning gems, and has agreed to help the Uratha drive out the Beshilu from the Hisil's massive forest as long as all water spirits are kept out of the way. He is proud and temperamental and fickle.

#Carrion: A mysterious giant Death Spirit that appears as a hunched, ravenous vulture with glowing red eyes and a worm like neck. Kara ran into this spirit briefly in the Hisil.

#The Reveler in the Vineyard: A spirit that controls the vineyard on the outskirt of New Bedford. The thing is many limbed, each appendage made of coiling leaf covered vines that undulate undulate for propulsion like a squid pushing through water. It's bulbous head/body is soft and bone white, lined with purples and green pods that hang like facsimiles of bushels of grapes. It's body is nearly all mouth, a twisted grinning toothless orifice. It has made a deal with Blaze to assist them in removing the Beshilu, if they will continue to play it their music.

#Walks with Truth: A knowledge spirit that appeared to Blaze. It takes the form of a small boy-figure cobbled together with bones (likely whale), fishing wire, and draped in rags that may have come from a sail. The skin of its face is like parchment, and covered in black ink text with strange letters. It traded knowledge Captain Drips for knowledge about the Idigam with Blaze.

#Data Bolt: The computer spirit that Blaze has befriended and transferred to his Laptop. In the Hisil, the spirit appears as a small almost cartoonishly proportioned boy, built from wires and circuits and green silicon microchips. It's eyes are two green computer screens, and it's mechanical mouth filled with square keyboard keys for teeth.

#Atant: The cellphone spirit attached to Kara's phone. It speaks with Kara's voice and seems to represent the most superficial, social media addicted side of the Cahalith.

#He Who Obliterates Breathing: The King Plague Spirit brought to power by the Beshilu of New Bedford. He Who Obliterates Breathing is indescribably powerful. It's presence can be recognized by the terrible shrieks that precede its arrival, like the death throws of a thousand mortal children, or perhaps that of the loudest lamb trying to scream at the top of its lungs while drowning. Once fully materialized, the spirit appears as a behemouth collection of eviscerated organs wrapped around a hodge-podge of bones, forming a large quadriped monstrosity dripping blood and mucous. It's head is covered with a large black shawl and masked in a giant Plague Doctor's mask. Blaze has recognized it's Bane to be "true herbal medicines".

#?The Spirit of The Field: Though it's true name has yet to be discovered. The spirit of the field was the guardian of the tannis root planted by the Harbor Wolves. It appears as a giant slimy black worm, covered in wriggling vines. Blaze has promised to replant the tannis root field for it.

#Ponlo: Ponlo is a lesser water spirit in the service of the Great Sea King. It has a wiry body of sticks and driftwood, a ceramic mask for a face covered by a mop of floppy wet seaweed. Despite Ponlo's status as a lesser spirit,

#The Great Sea King: The Great Sea King is the literal spirit embodiment of the New Bedford Bay, responsible for maintaining the health and balance of the waters in The Hisil. The pack have made a fledgeling alliance with The Sea King to fight against The Idigam and the changes its presence is bringing. It appears as a great serpentine creature covered in dull green scales that ripple with electric jolts of Essence. It's maw is filled with rows of giant shark teeth, and while it has blind empty sockets, a series of tentacle like proboscis fingers extend from its flaring nostrils.

Spoiler: The Peripheral Pack
    Show
    #Elisa Bellford - The child of a werewolf, who posed as her aunt for most of Elisa's life. Had a very love-hate relationship with her mother, but when she died fighting Elisa felt it was her duty to take up that fight.Dreams of undergoing the First Change, idolises werewolves who treat her as an equal. Description: 5’3” and all bone and muscle. Elisa, who prefers to go by ‘E’, has a shaved head and piercing blue eyes. She has a small nose ring, and multiple ear studs, a tongue stud, and wears a bit too much makeup. She prefers the studded leathers of a punker, and a biker’s riding gloves. She is fearsly loyal to the band, who took her in, helps give them street credit with the local punks, and isn’t half bad in a fight.
    -Sheet

#Chris Wentworth - an orphan from Boston, his relatives were all wiped out in some kind of supernatural attack. Nobody knows if it was vampires or something else, but fourteen year old Chris is the only survivor. Rather than enter into the Foster care system, he relocated to live with distant cousins up in Portland. Description: Short and frail with shaggy brown hair and pale sallow skin. There is something about Chris that either repels people, or convinces them to give up their deepest darkest secrets. His piercing brown eyes seem to stab deep into a person’s soul and lay bare their deepest darkest secrets. Chris is a cunning individual, having survived this long through a mix of his quick wits, and disarming personality.
    -Sheet

#Ciara was born to a long established line of werewolves. Realizing that she would not be joining her kin as a true Uratha was a harsh blow for her, but she kept her head high, and pushed to find her place in a pack regardless. She found it with Bear. Strong in both mind and body, the fiery red headed woman fell in love with the passionate Rahu, and he with her. The pair have been trying for a child recently, though so far without success.When asked about cementing their relationship with a formal marriage, they just shrug and say they'll get around to it eventually. Description: Short, voluptious and undeniably a red-head. Ciara has a fiery, wild personality that can be intoxicating. She prefers form fitting urban clothing that highlights her curves but help her still fit in with the pack of Rockers. Along with her burning hair and emerald eyes, Ciara is often noted to have a particularly lupine scent to her, not necessarily of wet dog per se, but an odor that even mortals can pick up on.

-Sheet

#Pine - A somewhat masculine woman of indeterminable age, she is the stout and reliable technician/mechanic/chauffeur of the pack and band. She owns a large Winnebago style RV that can store not only the band and their instruments but she has been slowly rigging it to be a sound-system that the crew could in theory play shows out from. Named for the green pixie cut she always sports, much of all that's known about her is that she was the best friend of a dead werewolf. She's proven time and time again she can keep a secret and owes some huge debt to the pack's forebears. Her late friend was a Blood Talon (auspice unknown) and though she seems to keep a little distant from the pack, just treating this as a gig, she has shown some affection for Juno in as much as teaching her how to drive. She moonlights as an Uber driver from 11 to 5 on weekdays in order to stay in money and means.

- Sheet

#James King was born and raised with two brothers in Detroit by a single mother who worked three jobs to make ends meet. When he was eighteen, he knew he wanted to makes something of his life so he enlisted in the Army and was trained as a medic. After his term of service was complete, he spent a few years working as a paramedic in Portland - as his mother had since passed away.
    This is where he met the Band, and after a while he transferred to the new city to work on the hospital there - and to assist the Pack if they need some extra medical attention.

- Sheet

#Mitchell Sanders; band manager. Mitchell had his start in the music business selling Band t-shirts in the 90's, slowly filling out his metaphorical address book with names of promoters, DJ's, aspiring musicians and even a fair bit of "chancers". He performed some minor hits as a drummer in an indie band and still fondly remembers his chance to play live, even when he also feels the bad treatment of their act and the constant pressure was the catalyst for the band break-up, despite what some of his former band-mates would argue. He quickly took to producing, promoting local night sessions and eventually management, setting up his live agency with the intention of giving fair deal and chance to fellow indie bands. Mitchell is not particularly greedy and quite competent, but certainly has made himself a name as a hard-ass that makes many prospective bands jump through hoops to earn his honesty and support. Cry Wolf is seen in the agency as a pet project of his, which have drawn some jealous look and bitter comments from other bands that have been fully put into the ringer. Lately, he's been delegating a bit of the work due to the upcoming birth of his second child, but is eager to get his hands back in business, specially the new angles that the technological advancement of social media have brought into, though he sometimes struggles at understanding it fully.

- Sheet
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-01-31 at 06:58 PM.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Proposed Rule Adjustments

Spoiler: Homebrew Rules
    Show
    *A beat is gained when there is damage in the third to farthest box (first negative modifier) rather than at the farthest box.
    *To make conditions more meaningful and to improve the rate of xp gained, I will give one beat for appropriately role playing the condition and a second for the mechanical resolution of the beat.
    *We are going to use a modified system for group aspirations, in which I choose the aspirations (see below), and as they are approached or reached, all players will gain a personal beat.
    *Despite the rules in the 1st Edition WtF game and in WtA games where two Werewolves mating is forbidden and only leads to something bad happening, this is not discussed in the 2E rulebook. I am house ruling that two Uratha can mate just like anyone else, but that it is simply far harder to conceive. I believe the initial purpose of these rules was to discourage undesirable X-rated gameplay, and to help explain why most characters aren’t born knowing about Uratha culture (ie, if both your parents were Uratha, your first transformation wouldn’t be all that dramatic). I think this house rule simplifies the latter problem and I trust our players to be mature regarding the former.

Spoiler: Knife Fighting Rules
    Show
    Anticipate Attack (•): Those trained in Special
    Forces knife fighting know to move fast before incoming
    attacks and in response to them. To do this requires a
    level of anticipation and strategy even before a combat
    begins. At this level, your character may substitute his
    Weaponry score for his Composure when determining
    his Initiative modifier. This is only during combat
    situations in which your character is using an edged or
    pointed weapon of Size 2 or under.

Advantageous Angle (••): Your knife-wielder
    knows how to make a feinted attack from the side or
    rear in a way that grants him advantage. While normally
    such attacks confer no bonuses, the character is aware
    how to deceive an opponent into mounting a Defense
    against an attack that isn’t coming — and then stage an
    attack from a different angle. The foe’s Defense is at –1
    during such an attack. Drawback: This maneuver can
    only be made every other turn.

Vital Attack (•••): Your character knows how to
    target his attacks to vital organs and other vulnerabilities.
    Attacks made with a knife have Armor Piercing 1,
    and penalties to hit specific targets or body parts (see
    “Specified Targets,” p.165 of the World of Darkness
    Rulebook) are reduced by one

Spoiler: My PBP Rules
    Show

*I expect every player to post about once a day (though exception will obviously be given when real life gets in the way, which it always does). If a player has not posted in more than a day, and the entire game is held up by what their character is going to do, I will take over for the player till they get back. Lastly, I reserve the right to boot a player if this becomes a chronic problem. I don’t like doing this, but with so many players, the game can easily get bogged down if one or two of them is a repeat offender.
    *As there are no real Game Sessions, IC gameplay will be broken into "Chapters" and "Scenes". A game session is equivalent to a "Scene", which will be composed of a number of movements of the story.
    *Beats will be allotted throughout each Scene, but also at the end of a Scene, like at the end of a Game Session.
    *XP can only be spent at the end of a Game Session.
    *Extra beats will be given out at the end of a Chapter as appropriate
    *Merits and equipment will be gained as appropriate without the expenditure of XP based on roleplaying. For example, if your character robs a bank, he will gain Resources without spending XP.
    *Beats will be given out both for completing and for taking sufficient steps towards completing an aspiration
    *Please stick up for when you feel a character has a fulfilled an aspiration, I am only human and cannot remember every character's three aspirations at all times.

Spoiler: James Malley
    Show
    Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Relatively tall and powerfully built, James' friends in high school always used to joke that he narrowly missed the 'action hero' appearance and ended up at 'big strong bad guy for the action hero to beat up' instead. It's still more or less the case now; he's one of those unfortunate people who tends to be assumed to be a thug, though he's perfectly intelligent if not particularly scientifically inclined. He has brownish blonde hair (which he cuts his roughly with scissors whenever it starts getting in his eyes and basically ignores otherwise) and grey eyes; his taste in fashion tends towards function (and low price tag) over form, so he's normally found in either light, easy-to-move-in sporty clothes or, in more inclement weather, sturdier trousers and coat.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    James and his parents were a perfectly normal family in middle-class suburbia, living a bit outside Cheyenne. James' father was a factory worker, his mother a freelance editor (or a 'living spellcheck' as she called herself). It was all a nice, boring life, and had been ever since the couple had moved into their house some half-dozen years before James' birth. James was prone to flights of fancy, perhaps, talking to inanimate objects or things that weren't there at all, but it wasn't as though most children that age didn't have imaginary friends.

Then came one night in October, a week or so before James' eighth birthday. He remembers it very distinctly, because he was idly wondering what he was going to get for his birthday when the Visitor arrived.

The Visitor was a perfectly pleasant, unassuming man, who wondered if perhaps James' parents wouldn't mind him stopping by for dinner, and they didn't, of course, because he was a perfectly pleasant, unassuming man, and why wouldn't they offer him dinner? And if their son complained that his imaginary friends screamed when they saw the Visitor, well, he was prone to flights of fancy, after all, and he should go upstairs and stay in his room for being so rude.

It was after the Visitor left that James' parents started to talk. He was a strange man, an unfamiliar man, some sort of violent criminal, no doubt. James's father called the police, and the police officer came and took their statements and agreed that the Visitor was definitely some sort of vile individual who needed to be tracked down and captured as soon as possible. James' mother went next door and spoke to Mr Aimes, a grizzled, burly man who had three equally-burly sons and five shotguns between the four of them, and they all agreed that the Visitor needed to be stopped before he committed any more crimes.

James' parents left him alone that night, for the first time ever, storming out armed with nothing more than a kitchen knife and a handgun between them, joining the police officer and the Aimes' and various other people from the neighbourhood who agreed the Visitor had to be hunted down.

It wasn't until late the next morning when a different police officer arrived at James' house. It had been a bear, he said, though the police officer after him said it had been a gang of armed criminals. And the one after that muttered quietly and touched the cross around his neck and didn't say who it was at all. But whatever the case, the twenty-three people who'd gone after the Visitor that night died. And the Visitor himself was nowhere to be found. James was the only one who'd even seen him.

This...affected James, as one might expect. He was passed into the care of his grandmother, Gertrude, who had next to no idea how to look after a child in these modern times and settled for letting him use her computer (which she had no idea how to use anyway) when he wanted and telling him not to tell anyone all his claims about his parents being killed by an alien.

James took her advice to heart. All through school, his classmates thought of him as kind of intense, protective at times, and almost scarily dedicated to working out during gym class and outside of school. Most people new to the school pegged him as the school bully, all tough and strong and angry all the time, and were more than a little surprised at how gentle he could be sometimes.

No-one ever knew him as someone who spent his free time searching through conspiracy theories and avidly reading the correspondences of groups that argued about alien abductions and shared 'proof' of ghosts being real.

James' near-obssession with being 'strong' led him, unsurprisingly, into the world of sports and weight-lifting, and while he had no real interest in taking part as anything more than a hobby, his teachers nudged him towards coaching, basic first aid, and so on - something he found he quite enjoyed doing, appealing to his gentler, more protective side as it did - and eventually he found himself with a scholarship to study physical therapy. His grandmother complained mightily at the fact that the college was almost on the other side of the US, but as far as James was concerned, that was a plus. It got him further away from the memories of the Visitor and his parents.

But the summer after graduation, before he was due to move away, his life took an unexpected turn.

Like many of his classmates from high school, James had wheedled his grandmother into letting him sign up for a summer camp - two weeks away from homes, family, cellphones and so on. And the first couple of days were...well, basically everything you would expect from letting a bunch of eighteen-year-olds do their own thing with only a very minimal amount of adult supervision. It was - as far as he was concerned - great.

Then the dreams started. He could never remember exactly what they were about, but he could remember the whispers that came after, telling him to abandon his friends, family, and everything else that made him...him.

He was fortunate. The pack whose territory the camp was on had a Cahalith of their own, skilled enough at interpreting her dreams that they were able to predict James' First Change - it helped that one of their packmates was actually part of the staff for the summer camp - and make sure he didn't hurt anyone, and give him a very brief primer on what being a werewolf meant. They managed to instil enough fear of his own nature in him, and the potential for carnage it could cause, that he agreed to work with them to let him get a more extended period of tuition. He told his grandmother and friends that he'd been offered a part-time job working at the cafe on the same site as the summer camp, which was actually not entirely false - learning to control himself in the face of obnoxious customers (under the careful gaze of a couple of the pack) was as good a learning experience as any, albeit something of a trial by fire. By the time he was set to head off to college, he (and his mentors) were fairly confident that he wouldn't do anything monumentally stupid.

It was at college that he joined the Storm Lords. He'd been taught about the tribes, of course, but simply hadn't had the opportunity to join one in the crash course of Uratha life he'd been given back home. But now he had plenty of time to dedicate to his new life.

It was this freedom to move around that led him to being asked (genuinely asked, albeit kinda pointedly) to move to New Bedford, a couple years into his degree. The simple fact was that the protectorate he was in...didn't really need him. Other places did. And New Bedford happened to have a college that offered a reasonable - and more importantly, part-time - education in sports therapy, which was something of a plus given that his grades had sort of slipped while he'd been focusing on the whole 'werewolf' thing. So New Bedford it was.

He hadn't known until he got there that June, his old girlfriend from high school (and the summer camp) was also there, majoring in media studies. In happier times, they'd have probably ended up back together within a couple weeks. But James has done his best to keep her at arm's length, worried about what his...well, his life...would do to her. June being an aspiring journalist - and more importantly someone who a) knew him enough to know that something weird had been going on with him ever since that summer camp and b) cared - she immediately started prodding him with questions about his sudden change in colleges. So far she hasn't prodded too intently (probably mostly because, well, New Bedford kinda has bigger issues at the moment), but he's definitely worried that she might start connecting dots that would be better left untouched - to say nothing of his concern that she might actually get hurt.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Cahalith / Storm Lord

Abilities
    Mental (3)
    Int 2
    Wit 2
    Res 2

Physical (5; +4xp)
    Str 4
    Dex 2
    Sta 3

Social (4)
    Pre 4
    Man 1
    Com 2

Skills
    Mental (11)
    Medicine 3 [physiotherapy]
    Occult 2
    Academics 2
    Investigation 2
    Craft 1
    Science 1

Physical (4)
    Athletics 3 [weight-lifting] +1
    Brawl 1

Social (7)
    Expression 3 +1
    Persuasion 1+1 [inspiration]
    Socialise 1
    Empathy 2

Renown:
    Glory 1
    Honour 1
    Wisdom 1

Merits (10):
    Hobbyist Clique (Occult) [2]
    Moonkissed (+Expression, -Occult) [1]
    Inspiring [3]
    Sympathetic [2]
    Strings of the Heart [2]
    Fame 0 +1

Gifts:
    War Howl (Gibbous Moon 1)
    The Story Is True (Knowledge/Glory)
    Lead the Lesser Pack (Dominance/Wisdom)
    Pack Awareness (Pack/Wisdom)

Rites (2, +2xp):
    Hunting Ground [2]
    Wellspring [2]

Blood: Challenger
    Bone: Hedonist
    Physical Touchstone: June
    Spiritual Touchstone: The prophetic whispers of his Cahalith dreams, half-remembered in waking pushing him to abandon his human life entirely.
    Kuruth Triggers: Territory

Aspirations:
    - Integrate into the pack
    - Find out something new about the supernatural
    - Protect a human from a supernatural threat

(- Build reputation among the Storm Lords through his actions in New Bedford)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-10-30 at 02:35 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Housekeeping: Please post below, reserving a spot to put all the information on your character (ie a link to your CS and to drop fluff). I will be posting dialogue in quotations and bold. If players want to reserve a color for their dialogue, I am okay with this, but it isn't something terribly important to me.

Spoiler: PC Character Boxes
    Show

Spoiler: Blaze
    Show

Harmony: 6
    Essence: 3/10
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    Beats/xp: 4/1
    XP Spent: 22
    Tilts/Conditions:
    Aspirations
    1. Create a talen
    2. Learn more about the ocean spirit echo system.
    3. Make stronger spirit allies

Spoiler: Bear's character box
    Show
    Willpower: 5/5
    Essence: 9/10
    Health: [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    Beats/EXP: 0/5
    Tilts/Conditions:
    Aspirations:

-Improve the security of the den
    -Encourage pack unity, and improve teamwork among the Anchor Wolves.
    -Combat and if possible bring down The Church of Daigon

Spoiler: Kara St.Claire Stat Box
    Show

Willpower: 2/4
    Health: [] [] [] [] [] []
    Beats/EXP: 2/4
    Tilts/Conditions:
    Spoiler: Aspirations
    Show

Short Term 1: Better her relationship with the Reveler for the betterment of the Pack, the Reveler itself, and the band's career?
    Short Term 2A: To find a way to deal with her traumatic dream-prophesies.
    2B: To find out why Luna and her Lunes have taken such an interest in her.
    Long Term: To have the band become platinum-album Rock Legends.

Spoiler: Jeremy
    Show
    Jeremy
    Beats/EXP: 1/0
    Conditions:
    #once per week, the basement Loci acts at twice it's level when Jeremy draws Essence from it (currently a level 1 locus)
    Aspirations
    - Create a security system for the warehouse.
    - Learn more about spirits
    - Fight the Idigam (as opposed to learn more about it)

Spoiler: Joanna
    Show
    Joanna
    Willpower: 3/5
    Essence: 8/10
    Spent XP: 9
    Conditions:
    Tilt:
    Aspirations
    1) 'Get Corey out of the Pure
    2) Find and deal with Brock Turner
    3) Join the Iron Masters Tribe.

This is a quick Spoiler that can be posted intermittently in IC posts, and should be updated in real time. This is an easy way to keep track of WP expenditure, gained beats, ect. I will be keeping track of things as well, but this will make my life A LOT EASIER.

Pack Aspirations
    #Deal with the Pure Tribe
    #Discover more about the Idigam
    #Correct the damage to the Gauntlet caused by the Beshilu
    # (Totem) Increase the number of Vineyards and music halls within the Pack's domain, to expand the domain of Reveler.

Pack Ban: Each Uratha must perform one hedonistic act per month, giving into their vices and throwing caution to the wind. This can include a particularly debased stage act, that a conservative public member may consider "inappropriate or pornographic".

Spoiler: Pack Shared Resources:
    Show

-Safe Place OOO
    -Allies O

Totem shared Resources
    -Expression O
    -Athletics O
    -Fame O
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-03-17 at 04:49 PM.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Posting to reserve a spot.
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1559099

Physical description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blaze is about 5'8" with sandy brown hair and skin which was probably fair at one point but has been bronzed by the sun. His hair falls to just below his ears, giving him an unruly quality. He is usually clean shaven, but this varies depending on how much time he happens to put into his physical appearance and grooming on any given day. He works out off and on, and probably could be in better shape than he is. In the cool Maine climate, he's often wearing workboots, jeans, and a flannel shirt. The smell of cannabis is almost perpetually clinging to him, he spends almost all of his spare cash on either weed or various smoking paraphernalia, leaving very little for anything else.

Background info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blaze is a talented coder and IT infrastructure guru, but he only takes odd freelance jobs here and there, earning just enough to get by on a subsistence level. (more to come)

Blaze on:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juno - Blaze sees Juno as a lost soul clinging to the group for some sense of stability, at least as much stability as a traveling rock band can offer. As such, he tries to make sure she's taken care of, mostly by watching out for her. He knows she's a big girl and can take care of herself but he's always willing to lend an ear (or a blunt) when the situation calls for it.
    Bear - Blaze takes his cues from Bear, rarely disagreeing with his opinions, except when it comes to the supernatural or computers. Content to let the lead guitarist have his glory, Blaze is content input on the existing songs rather than try to take the band in entirely new directions.
    Kara st. Claire - On one hand, Blaze thinks Kara spends a bit too much time looking for approval on social media rather than from the people who actually count, but he'd never vocalize this sentiment. On the other, he doesn't want to burst her bubble by telling her all about the things he's seen or the spirits have conveyed to him. He mostly just sits back and enjoys the ride that is Kara. After all, you can't help but like the girl, and Blaze counts her as someone he can always talk to about anything.
    Iago -
    Solomon - If Kara's not serious enough, Solomon's way too f'ing serious. Sometimes he just needs to chill out and take a step back. Blaze tries to nudge him in this direction, but more often than not finds himself rebuffed. That doesn't stop him from trying though.
    The road - Blaze lives up to his nickname on the road, cracking a window in the back of the Winnebago for a little inhalation followed by copious amounts of junk food and maybe a nap. Makes the long drives go quicker.
    Before the gig - Blaze likes to check the venue prior to gigs, make sure there's nothing wonky going on. That's kind of his job, after all.
    During the gig - Blaze takes his role as timekeeper very seriously. Nothing fancy, very little improvisation during a show, just keep the beat and feed off the crowd.
    After the gig - Blaze will usually hang back at the afterparties, watching out for everyone else and making sure the rest of the band doesn't get into trouble. Occasionally he'll try to get laid or if he's really upset about something he'll have a few too many drinks, but most of the time he's pretty mellowed out.
    Having a jam - If Blaze is on point during gigs, he's the complete opposite when having a jam. He'll improvise and try out all kinds of new things during jam sessions, and if they work out he'll practice incessantly before he feels comfortable incorporating any of them into an actual show.
    Writing music - Blaze is always muttering lyrics or drumming beats in his head. He may have a thousand ideas of which only one or two are worth anything, but he makes it a habit to get through the 999 bad ones as quickly as possible.

On the Hunt
    On Luna - Spent a long time questioning why? Then just decided to roll with it, and figured I've got this thing for a reason, might as well make the best of it.
    On the Oaths - don't mess with these, they're there for a reason.
    On the Pack - These guys keep me sane, don't know what I'd do without them. Probably go crazy and then who knows?
    On the Pure
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-23 at 05:17 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara St.Claire

Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1542740

Character Picture: https://ibb.co/dQaRGx

Spoiler: Connection with Solo
    Show

Solomon, like most Iraka, has stalked each member of his pack at one point or another. They find it difficult to switch off the hunting instincts, particularly those who revere Hikaon-Ur. This is not done with any intent of malice or harm, quite the opposite. Solomon wants to detect any weakness in his pack, so he might protect them from themselves. He has occasional guilty thoughts about killing all of them, and everything else. He tells himself this is part of the gift and curse of Mother Moon for the Iraka. He tells himself he can use this knowledge to prevent anyone else who had divined the most effective way to stalk his friends.
    Of these protective stalking it was Kara who left the greatest impression, in that she was the cause for greatest concern. She is a dreamer, rooted in practicalities and far too human. All admirable traits, but ones making her easy prey. So occasionally, when Kara is away from the city streets, she has a shadowy protector. From this vantage he has come to admire Kara greatly, for she is beautiful in all the ways that he is not.
    Kara lives firmly in the now - her interest in history extending only to the world of Music. Her head is usually in the clouds, or her nose buried in her phone (or a notebook with furiously scribbled lyrics and musical notes). She gushes over the latest technological toys, and how many twitter followers she has (her handle is @KaraStClaire). She's always trying to snap candid pics of her 'family' to show the internet and show off the band she is fiercely proud of.
    Sometimes the dreams that are common to Cahalith are quite traumatic, and she's developed a tendency to sleep in little cat naps wherever and whenever she has the time. Suffice it to say, the obligatory 'just-waking-up' selfies are some of her most common.
    Since she's always got a tune in her head distracting her, she's not always the most perceptive of the Pack. As such, it's not likely she's really aware when Solomon stalks her - even if she may be aware that he does. She certainly doesn't mind if she does know - she's got a remarkably lax concept of personal boundaries when it comes to her Pack mates (She's not above creeping into the bathroom and snapping surprise photos with a gleeful cackle), or just flopping down and sprawling across them if they're lounging around.
    In the case of Solomon specifically, she feels a strange kinship to him as far as the spark of music goes. She's nowhere sneaky enough to not have the Irraka not notice, but sometimes she likes to just sit and listen to him practice his instrument.....and sometimes, if she thinks he's having a rough day, she likes to sing to him. If asked, she just flashes a lopsided grin and says "Music soothes the Savage Beast."

Spoiler: Connection with Blaze
    Show

Blaze’s connection to the pack actually came through Kara. Despite his stoner reputation, Blaze is up to date on all the latest technological advancements and actually knows his way around some computer code. A friend of a friend introduced them and Blaze helped Kara optimize some of her social networking and media. Wasn’t long before he found out she sang, and the band was in need of a drummer. The rest, as they say, is history.
    Kara is a social butterfly. She's at home among many different cliques and Social circles. She was even an occasional visitor to the stoners that hung around the school track and field bleachers after classes. It's through there that she met her tech guru.
    Kara is a whiz at social media, photo editing, and knows how to work all the new toys. But her expertise stops at reinstalling an OS or basic behind the scenes maintenance.
    When Blaze offered to "pimp her processor" she paid him back some of the dankest of bud.
    Now, she sometimes gets him to be her camera man when she needs a 'hands free selfie, or to set up her tech.
    She still knows where to get the dankest of bud. Being pack mates with a social butterfly has it's perks.
    Also....Blaze is the only one she lets get away with calling her a social media whore.

Spoiler: Connection to Iago
    Show

There is a saying that someone very wise once said. It claims that it takes a dork to free a dork. Or something.
    Kara met Iago when she volunteered to be a case study in one of his early psych classes (or if psych wasn't the direction he was going we can fine tune this somehow) after another one of Iago's classmates suggested her (for a project about narcissism and hedonism). The suggestion was supposed to be meant as an insult, but Kara owned it and the project was so insightful it got Iago the top mark in the class.
    As they got to know each other across the interviews for the project, she dug her way past his stiff exterior and discovered his melodramatic dorkiness. Kara capitalizes on this knowledge by constantly goading him to cut loose, be loose and maybe "find yourself a hookup at our next show, it's great for stress relief."
    She likes snapping random photos of Iago. The one of him with a waffle hanging out of his mouth got over 40k likes!
    Iago likes Kara. He certainly has feelings for her. However, he's unsure of what exact type of feelings. Emotions tend to get in the way of the task at hand, so he always tried to kept his in check. Iago does remember the day they met and the metaphorical storm her personality brought over his admittedly dull life. He also has the occasional suspicion that she was a key component on the event that The People refer to as his "First change". Then again, maybe it was the stress, maybe it was the pressure, maybe it was the result of the occasional experiments he performed on his own psyche. Iago would've liked to delve further on research, but alas, there's things to be done first.
    Iago and Kara's relations are based in mock-fighting, trolling and teasing. Where Juno actually punched Kara, Iago would have pressed his palm over her face, then firmly pushed her off the bathroom up to optimal distance for slam-door-near-face effect, all while maintaining a perfect deadpan expression. While Bear acts more as an enabler of her antics, Iago prefers to play the spoilsport, but they probably have some hobbies or media in common they occasionally geek about. And probably some kind of verbal or non-verbal code to signal each other to "Not. Now. ".

Spoiler: Connection with Juno
    Show

Juno initially hated Kara. She's not sure if this was/still is reciprocal... but she did give Kara a black eye the first time a #bathroom selfie was taken at Juno's expense so to say there was a little tension between the two was an understatement. Because most of her brothers were a-holes (the jury's still out on Bear who is a technical bro) she doesn't quite understand that Kara's teasing is affectionate and she is blind/tone deaf to Kara's love of social media and technology. Also, while she may not be the biggest slob among the group, she frequently takes any opportunity to chide Kara for anything she considers slovenly. On the other hand, she can't stay mad at Kara unless she "creeps on her in the bathroom again" for too very long and doesn't give her any crap for her esoteric song writing habits as long as Kara doesn't leave a mess lying around.
    She knows that Juno had a hard upbringing with rigid demands set on her by her family. She knows that her own lackadaisical approach to life can be a hard pill to swallow for some people - and that some people aren't keen on her distinct lack of personal boundaries. Despite this self-awareness, Kara isn't the type to change who she is to conform to the image someone else has of her. She didn't hold it against Juno when she punched her in the face for too long, and she genuinely likes Juno - even if there are some seriously tense moments between the two of them. Kara has cut back on the bathroom selfies, and other things that Juno considers invasive - but that doesn't mean all is paradise. She balances out these good deeds by leaving her underwear around in conspicuous places - including on Juno's door handle, and the most unusual places she's left them were on the ceiling fan in the kitchen and in the small basket for keys just inside the door.
    It's done tongue in cheek - she enjoys irritating Juno, but she's never outwardly spiteful or mean.
    And she's the first to offer to help wash dishes after a meal....if Juno is the one who cooked.
    And like all the members of her Pack, she'll stick up for them against outside threats without a second thought. She also enjoys recounting the tales of Juno's exploits putting down grabby handed individuals in the bar. She is a storyteller...after all.

Spoiler: Connection to Bear
    Show

Bear has mixed feelings about Kara. He has a lot of fun with her, but worries that she doesn't take the pack's duties seriously enough. He's occasionally tried to nudge her towards indulging in the wolf a little more, listening to the call, but doesn't push hard.
    On the stage, he likes to help Kara set up for big scenes, holding her high in the air while she's finishing off a big vocal segment for instance.
    Bear's a little protective of everyone in the pack, but Kara has him concerned in particular. If in a scene that might get a little rough, and he's not already occupied with Ciara, he'll often find some excuse to stand near her. He's been known to glare over her shoulder at people he has a bad feeling about approaching.
    Whether many of the Pack are cognizant of it, part of the relaxed front Kara seems to have regarding the more....furry side of her nature is actually the result of a rather deep-rooted fear she has about it. Her first change - something she is uncharacteristically loathe to discuss - along with the inclusion of the disturbing, traumatic dreams of prophesy and insight that Luna gifts to her scare her. She does acknowledge her responsibilities as a Cahalith and a Uratha, despite her misgivings, but if Bear detects that she's not always behaving like she's taking it as seriously as she should? It's likely she had a bad dream that rattled her.
    But Kara 'Sunshine' St.Claire always puts on a smile.
    Bear and Ciara? Yeah....she 'ships' that hard.
    She loves the big, protective Rahu and enjoys how easy it is for him to toss her around or pick her up, and his tendency to glower at the people he thinks are getting to close to her. She's poked at him sometimes to try throwing her at the Pack's enemies sometimes, but so far she hasn't convinced him to give it a shot. She also appreciates his grandstanding with guitar solos, and while he sets her up for big vocal finishes, she often tries to return the favor by letting him shred like the monster he is.
    She tries to keep a wonderful relationship with Ciara, and often tries to have girl talks with her. Kara rather vocally has proclaimed that even if she's not the maid of honor, she wants to at LEAST throw Ciara her bachelorette party.

Spoiler: 'Kara On' Answers
    Show

Kara on Tour

Kara on the Road
    What’s worse than a social media darling with no concept of personal boundaries? A Uratha social media darling with no concept of personal boundaries on a tour bus. When Kara isn’t listening to an iPod, head bobbing away while she scribbles furiously in a notebook, she’s sprawled across whatever surface (or Pack Mate) she can find and napping. When she’s in a particularly playful or troublesome mood, she has been known to moon passing cars, or in a couple instances when she had had a few too many drinks on the road she actually flashed a few passing cars if the drivers caught her fancy. It’s a given that everyone in the Pack has seen her in various states of undress more than once.

Kara before the Gig
    The singing starts before they’re even on stage, most of the time. Kara is warming up her vocal chords for a good hour before, and usually runs the gamut from simple chord progressions, to lullabies, to her own versions of Top 40 hit songs. It is downright uncanny how Kara seems to have the lyrics to so many songs memorized. If she’s feeling particularly like a Diva, she demands a karaoke machine in their green room for before the gig, and sometimes for during the afterparty.

Kara during the Gig
    Kara is incredibly focused on the show they’re putting on. She rarely drinks a lot or partakes in any illicit substances before she has to go on. She likes being in her right mind when she performs. She gets her own high from the music, and the longer the band plays the more she seems to lose herself in the music and the moment – often eyes closes, hands gripping the mic tightly, body swaying to the music. This may be the most focused the rest of the Pack has ever seen her.

Kara after the Gig
    Kara loves the after party. She doesn’t get trashy and white-girl wasted all the time, but she does cut loose quite a bit. It’s like an adrenaline dump after the high of the show. She enjoys meeting fans, and one of her favorite things to do is to get a karaoke machine up and running and invite some of the VIP fans to sing duets with her. She’s also an incredibly dutiful hostess, regardless of her own methods of cutting lose, and she works the crowd and the Pack to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. Sometimes she tries to play matchmaker and set some of the band-mates up with interested groupies. But she actively tries to steer interested parties away from Bear. She’s got Ciara’s back. #SisterfromanotherMister!

Kara having a Jam
    Kara loves jamming. The spontenaity appeals to the wildness in her heart. If someone is playing on their own, or just strumming along, she’ll jump in and join them – unless they want to be alone and shoe her away, but that doesn’t always work.

Kara writing Music
    Kara doesn’t go anywhere without her notebook, which is filled to the brim with scribbled lyrics and an assortment of half-finished notes and chords. She loves to write music, and does so with a single-mindedness that borders on strange madness. She’s always down to help her family with their own writing if they want it.

Kara on being Forsaken

Kara on the Hunt
    The Hunt is exhilarating, and Kara feels like a part of her soul is finally free to do what it was always meant to do, despite her ties to the human world. She is, ultimately, afraid of truly letting go of the human world and letting herself experience the wonders of the Wild that pulses in her veins and beats in her heart.

Kara on Luna
    Kara can’t help but love Luna – even as a secret part of her hates Luna. Luna and her Umia are both a great source of strength and inspiration for Kara, but also her greatest madness for it is these Moon-Spirits that torment her in her sleep with prophetic dreams both terrible and wondrous.

Kara on the Oaths
    The Oaths are what keeps the world she is now part of sane – and given what she sees when she closes her eyes and falls into a fitful sleep, she clings to whatever sanity she can. Objectively, she understands why each of the Oaths exist.

Kara on the Pack
    Her own parents are long gone and she was an only child. Without having a normal childhood foundation to build upon, Kara was destined to be a substantially different young woman. But now? She had something better than family. She had a Pack.

Kara on the Pure
    When the madness of Luna is high in her veins, her passions are burning in her lungs and she wants to scream and to tear her clothes of and run through the woods with a howl on her lips, a secret shameful part of her rears its head at a moment of weakness and she remembers that the Pure have shunned the Spirits and she wonders…maybe, just maybe….they could help keep the horrible nightmares that are Luna’s gift to her at bay. But that would mean leaving her Pack…..and she wouldn’t do that. Would she?

Spoiler: Kara St.Claire Stat Box
    Show

Willpower: 3/4
    Beats/EXP: 2/1
    Tilts/Conditions: Steadfast
    Spoiler: Aspirations
    Show

Short Term 1: Better her relationship with the Reveler for the betterment of the Pack, the Reveler itself, and the band's career?
    Short Term 2A: To find a way to deal with her traumatic dream-prophesies.
    2B: To find out why Luna and her Lunes have taken such an interest in her.
    Long Term: To have the band become platinum-album Rock Legends.

Last edited by Erulasto; 2019-12-30 at 01:49 AM.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quick post while I have time, some details missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    John "Bear" Vanders

CS: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1548558

Spoiler: Bear and Juno
    Show
    Bear met Juno at a pack gathering a long time ago. They were both young, but he sensed that something was wrong there. But he did not see anything that could be done, and so he did nothing, to his regret.

Years later, when he heard of the young woman's predicament, he knew he had to do something, such a wild soul deserved better. He made sure she felt welcome in her new family, and stepped in to smooth things over in the early days. Soon enough, he started seeing her like a sister, and just grins like a fool when she rebuffs him for being a bit overbearing.

When convinced she could largely take care of herself, this bond gained a competitive facet. He loves to challenge his cousin, whether to feats of physical prowess or musical ability, and enjoys himself whichever way it goes.

Bear taught Juno how to "really" play base.

She's been a werewolf for three years give or take and while Juno was privy to music lessons as a kid, she had been slowly stripped of alot of agency by the time she entered her early teens--she was going to be pulled from high school to be a full time homemaker, after all. Bear gave her her personal instrument after he "acquired" it from his family's attic and their first "dueling strings" incident was when he realized she was getting to stand on her own-- and subsequently the first time she kicked his ass when he tried to cheat to win with a distraction. She doesn't tour with that base; it stays in whatever room she's designated as her territory and uses a different instrument on stage.

She seems much more indifferent about their personal challenges or at least maintains the image of a good sport whether she wins or loses. Bear is the only person she tolerates any level of teasing from but if she resorts to making jokes about Ciara (or to be specific she starts making jokes about how she'd be a better mate for Ciara,) it's a sign that even he needs to back off and that she's been pushed too far. ... Interestingly enough, Juno doesn't directly make fun of Ciara herself in anyway and won't even mention she wishes they could trade places (as one has the life the other was hoping for,) or anything of that sort.

Spoiler: Bear and Kara
    Show
    Bear has mixed feelings about Kaya. He has a lot of fun with her, but worries that she doesn't take the pack's duties seriously enough. He's occasionally tried to nudge her towards indulging in the wolf a little more, listening to the call, but doesn't push hard.

On the stage, he likes to help Kaya set up for big scenes, holding her high in the air while she's finishing off a big vocal segment for instance.

Bear's a little protective of everyone in the pack, but Kaya has him concerned in particular. If in a scene that might get a little rough, and he's not already occupied with Ciara, he'll often find some excuse to stand near her. He's been known to glare over her shoulder at people he has a bad feeling about approaching.

Whether many of the Pack are cognizant of it, part of the relaxed front Kara seems to have regarding the more....furry side of her nature is actually the result of a rather deep-rooted fear she has about it. Her first change - something she is uncharacteristically loathe to discuss - along with the inclusion of the disturbing, traumatic dreams of prophesy and insight that Luna gifts to her scare her. She does acknowledge her responsibilities as a Cahalith and a Uratha, despite her misgivings, but if Bear detects that she's not always behaving like she's taking it as seriously as she should? It's likely she had a bad dream that rattled her.

But Kara 'Sunshine' St.Claire always puts on a smile.

Bear and Ciara? Yeah....she 'ships' that hard.

She loves the big, protective Rahu and enjoys how easy it is for him to toss her around or pick her up, and his tendency to glower at the people he thinks are getting to close to her. She's poked at him sometimes to try throwing her at the Pack's enemies sometimes, but so far she hasn't convinced him to give it a shot. She also appreciates his grandstanding with guitar solo's, and while he sets her up for big vocal finishes, she often tries to return the favor by letting him shred like the monster he is.

She tries to keep a wonderful relationship with Ciara, and often tries to have girl talks with her. Kara rather vocally has proclaimed that even if she's not the maid of honor, she wants to at LEAST throw Ciara her bachelorette party.

Spoiler: Bear and Solo
    Show
    "It's impossible not to love Bear, it is even more impossible to rationalize with him when his blood is up. His moods can be very mercurial, sometimes it pays to know when to stay out of his way. We are as different as chalk and cheese, as unalike as two Forsaken can be. He is Fire, I am Ice. He is strong in all the ways I am not and vice versa. Strange as it sounds, that makes us ideal hunting partners. I disliked him at first, after our first jam I loved him. I got him wrong, you see, I thought he was an affable thug, but he's a really lovely guy with a nasty streak a mile long. Big difference."

Solo feels Bear is the only one taking his duties as seriously as himself. They have an understanding where, if Bear wants to hunt something the pack may not agree to, he comes to Solo first. Bear knows that if Solo agrees he will move heaven and earth to get the rest behind Bear, if he disagrees he will remain silent when Bear pitches the idea to the others. If Solo wants to hunt something the pack may not agree to he goes to Bear first and gets the same treatment, although he usually tries to convince Bear it was his own idea first.

Bear respects and likes Solo. His Irraka brother has endured a great deal, and persevered. He particularly likes hunting with Solo, the two will often set traps together, one harrying the prey to where the other awaits. Which does the harrying depends on the nature of the prey of course.

As much as he encourages Kara to embrace the wolf, he knows Solomon has problems in the other direction. If he seems to be slipping, he'll offer to be the man's anchor. It is important to Bear that everyone in the pack stands on stable ground, there is no way for them to grow otherwise.

Spoiler: Bear On
    Show
    Bear on tour
    Bear on the road
    Bear generally dislikes being confined to a box for long periods. He'll often prefer to take his motorcycle and act as the RV's escort instead, rejoining his pack directly whenever they stop. If on the other hand he has reason to think there is conflict needing to be resolved while on the road, he'll suck it up and be there in the box with them.

Bear before the gig
    Bear's at his most contemplative just before a hunt, and just before an appearance on stage. He'll often be found sitting with his guitar in hand, gently strumming the strings with his eyes closed. He's imagining the course of the performance at this time, how it can go wrong, and how it can be made that much better.

Bear during the gig
    Bear knows that his appearance and style of play is rather striking, and loves to play it up. He pushes for enthusiasm in the crowd, and in his fellow bandmates.

Bear after the gig
    Kara may be the focal point of the after party, but Bear's there every step of the way, enjoying himself, dancing, partaking in some of the booze and weed available, though he never lets himself get truly hammered. He'll even swing about with the groupies for a while, but often ends up disappointing those interested in him by always going back to Ciara for the night.

Bear having a jam
    Bear often just goes with whatever he feels like in a jam. It can lead to some interesting tunes, but he'll often need a hand from the others turning it into something usable.

Bear writing music
    Bear's biggest weak point musically speaking. This is not to say that he doesn't have good ideas, he just has trouble committing them to paper.

Bear on the Hunt
    Bear lives for the hunt. Even by Urathan standards, it is a vital part of who he is. He often pushes himself to move faster, hit harder, hone his instincts and skills so the prey cannot escape. And when he is not pushing himself, he pushes the others in his pack. While he is not afraid to handle something himself, no Uratha truly stands alone, not for long.

Bear on Luna
    Luna is the mother of the hunt, and for that she has Bear's devotion. Luna is fickle, mischievous, and often cruel, and for that she has Bear's enmity. He is never quite sure what he thinks about the mother, and instead focuses on dealing with her as best he can.

Bear on the Oaths
    Bear enjoys life as much as he can, for life is hard. But the Oaths provide all the structure and purpose that a Uratha needs. He tries to live his life by the oaths, and will act to see that others do not slip in that regard.

Bear on the pack
    'They are my kith and my kin. I am nothing without them, a lone animal, easily brought down regardless of how strong I make myself. I'd do anything for them, and I know they have my back as well."

Bear on the Pure
    'The Lost would be a better name. They have lost their purpose, and have been turned by their rightful prey against their brothers. They deserve both my pity and my wrath.'

Spoiler: Wolf Blooded - Ciara
    Show
    Ciara was born to a long established line of werewolves. Realizing that she would not be joining her kin as a true Uratha was a harsh blow for her, but she kept her head high, and pushed to find her place in a pack regardless. She found it with Bear. Strong in both mind and body, the fiery red headed woman fell in love with the passionate Rahu, and he with her. Ciara has recently become pregnant, a moment of joy for the pair, although it comes with a realization of danger given the timing.

When asked about cementing their relationship with a formal marriage, they just shrug and say they'll get around to it eventually.

Spoiler: Character Box
    Show
    Essence: 10/10
    Tilts/Conditions: none
    Aspirations:
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy New Year, folks!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Happy New Years everyone! I am distributing every PC a Beat to ring in the New Year. May everyone's upcoming be better than the last.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

There are two main reasons why my posting rate is slower here:
    1. I don’t know the setting very well, so sometimes I’m not aware of all my options.
    2. This is a more consensus oriented game, with this being a pack and my character wanting everyone to get along, so I’m more likely to defer to someone else, which relies on other ppl’s posting rates as well as my own.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thank you for the heads up. Please let me know if you have any further ideas for how I can keep things moving.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, is that where the Tannis root is? Well worst case we can scout it out first.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yes, sorry if that was not clear.

EDIT: @Daishain: So apparently your IC post went in right before mine and I didn't get the usual flag saying a new post has been entered. Sorry my post did not reflect or respond to yours.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-01-21 at 06:51 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Solomon's Wits + survival (5d10)[2][4][2][10][9](27) and 10 again (5d10)[4][7][9][7][10](37)

Beshilu perception (7d10)[5][2][8][10][7][9][4](45)
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spending a willpower to try and add to that sad brawl roll.

Wp (3d10)[9][3][3](15)
    Nine again (3d10)[2][5][6](13)

Well at least that brings us up to matching the rats
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-01-26 at 03:33 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rolling for Ladorak Round two (8d10)[9][1][5][1][4][4][4][4](32) and 10 again (8d10)[1][9][6][4][5][3][9][6](43)

Rolling for Beshilu (12d10)[5][1][6][10][2][3][1][7][9][1][3][7](55)
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome back, friends!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Welcome back everyone. I am gluing myself to my computer today to get everything rolling. I will be sending out email/PMs to everyone to try to get players back as soon as possible. We will have to see if we lost anyone, so please bear with me and I hope you guys are as anxious to get back into it as I am!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I am here. —TC
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Welcome back, glad you are "here". I'll spare you the pending PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daishain had a great idea, to create a Discord server that could be used as an alternative means of communication if/when the forum is not operational (hopefully this won't happen again anytime soon).

So here is my link to the dedicated discord server
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-03-04 at 04:51 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to assume Blaze brought a backpack, because they were specifically going to harvest some reagents and it'd be silly to depart without some way of carrying them.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I assumed he had brought something, I just wanted to have an idea of what. Sounds good!
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And because I'm terrible at planning, a double post (7d10)[1][2][7][6][5][4][3](28)
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And even worse, because Solomon's Stealth roll was bad. Spending a WP for 3d10 (3d10)[3][3][2](8)

EDIT: I'm sorry, but my luck for Solomon was absolutely awful. Bear's rolls were great but Solomon's was not.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-02-23 at 05:13 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wow, okay then. At least Bear rolled decently on his rescue attempt.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: To be clear, I'm good with the backpack. You can assume Blaze can work uninhibited. I was kinda waiting for you to post something saying "Blaze gathers all the roots he can" or conversely, "Blaze only gathers a few roots for now, leaving the rest to continue growing", or whatever.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    @TC: To be clear, I'm good with the backpack. You can assume Blaze can work uninhibited. I was kinda waiting for you to post something saying "Blaze gathers all the roots he can" or conversely, "Blaze only gathers a few roots for now, leaving the rest to continue growing", or whatever.
    He’s going to grab as much as he can. They can grow more later in a place that’s not infested with belishu.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I don’t have a plan. I say we get this stuff back to base and start making some weapons and whatnot. And separate out the seeds so we can plant another garden just in case we need more later.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I don’t have a plan. I say we get this stuff back to base and start making some weapons and whatnot. And separate out the seeds so we can plant another garden just in case we need more later.
    I like the idea of having our own little garden in the warehouse. It'd let us grow and harvest a lot of herbs and stuff we might need one day for rituals or banes.

Also...earn some extra dots of resource for the Pack by getting a little grow-op going on. Hehe