New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Just keep in mind you have to state when Blaze is going to make time for this. You could also still spend a WP for a few extra days to expedite the process.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Just keep in mind you have to state when Blaze is going to make time for this. You could also still spend a WP for a few extra days to expedite the process.
    Is there anything competing for his time tho? Making the garden I guess but there’s still three full days for that.. helping make weapons and stuff perhaps?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: Nope, but in game time, the group seems to pretty much go from one mission to the next without anytime for stopping. The only reason there was a chance to make that roll was because I basically said "we are ending the scene here" and all the characters are going to take time to accomplish other tasks.

This is not meant to be judgmental, as especially with PBP games, it gets easy to forget about things that happened earlier in the game, and to get focused on just moving on to the next thing. I simply wanted to point out that making the rolls in advance won't mean that Blaze accomplishes the task without making the time to actually perform the cleansing.

@Daishain: Any chance you want to spend XP or update any of your aspirations? Also, in regards to what Bear could do... maybe investigate the Gang scene? Or do something towards your Aspirations.

@All: So we are getting a little time warpy. I will post separate vingettes for each character's interim goals, as well as a larger group meeting which Ladorak started and Daishain joined. Please feel free to bring your character into the larger scene as well.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-03-20 at 08:17 AM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze will spend the extra time he has getting to know the computer spirit, in the evening anyway. By day he'll be preparing the garden for the Tanis root.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

That's fine, but would you still bring Blaze into the IC scene with the other players?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Any suggestions on a Gathra for Immovable Hunter?
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

How does one actually go about destroying a spirit like this? Do enough damage in either real world or hisil? What are it’s modes of escape and how can we stop it from running, or will it even run to preserve itself?
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze has never taken down a spirit like this before, but he is very knowledgeable about spirits in general, and has learned much from his Auspice and Tribe. Please give me Int + Occult + specialty bonus + 2
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze has never taken down a spirit like this before, but he is very knowledgeable about spirits in general, and has learned much from his Auspice and Tribe. Please give me Int + Occult + specialty bonus + 2
    int 4 + occult 4 + spec 1 + 2 =(11d10)[7][2][8][1][8][7][2][2][2][5][3](47)
    9 again: (11d10)[10][2][1][7][9][2][7][3][4][1][3](49)

That's a lot of dice for 2 successes. Guess we're all gonna die.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-04-01 at 08:54 AM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Lol, that was impressively bad luck.

Blaze is certain that if they can force contact between the bane concoction and the plague spirit it will suffer grievous wounds, which can be enhanced by using a weapon. He also knows that if they fight the spirit in The Hisil it will be more powerful, but will be basically unable to escape them, where as it can more easily escape to the Hisil if they fight it In the Flesh.

Lastly, Blaze has heard rumors of how hard it can be to kill a spirit, and sometimes a defeated spirit is able to come back after a long dormancy if it is not "killed to death".
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

COVID is a weird virus. Stay safe! (6d10)[5][10][10][9][1][6](41)
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey all, my apologies but today was my long call in the ICU, and I am simply blown out of the water. I will endeavor to post tomorrow and apologies for the delay!
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Is there anything else that needs doing except loading up the lavender? I guess we need to decide which locus to use, and how this whole thing is going to go down.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Honestly I don't think that the pack has the resources to just buy that many lavender flowers on short notice, even if they're available. To cover a field? We're talking tens of thousands of blooms, each of which would cost a couple bucks if bought from a flower store.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-04-10 at 09:00 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm sorry, but I must be a little lost as well then. Can someone describe the pack's unifying plan/strategy for me.

And while Bear, Solomon and Kara go lavender hunting, what is Blaze doing? I guess someone from the search party, please give me an Int + Survival or maybe Wits + Occult?

Sorry, my brain is a little fried after this week. Also, I managed to lose my wedding ring while walking the dog today... so not too happy about that. My wife is totally cool about it, but I'm pretty pissed.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-04-11 at 07:39 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

If there’s nothing else for Blaze to be doing, he’ll help prep weapons. We did the hunting ground rituals already so we get a nice bonus on chases.

Not sure what else he could be doing tbh.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC: So... I can't see this being something worth really rolling for (though if you have any ideas...), and I'm not honestly certain how to turn it into a "dramatic scene". Do you want to play it out either with some sort of interaction with one of the wolf blooded, or with the computer spirit, as a chance to flesh out some relationships???

@All: I'm still holding off on responding. I assume everyone is busy with the holidays, and COVID and everything that comes with it, but please bop me on the head if I need to step in.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-04-13 at 07:37 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

What about that giant bird spirit hanging around the locus near our hideout, what was his name? Flaps With Pride or something?

Blaze go could chat with him and let him know the big bad is coming, see if he'll help us out.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

King Sky Hunter? Sounds like an interesting idea...

And wait, the others are going out in wolf form in broad daylight hunting for fields of lavender? I guess the roll says it all.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

King Sky Hunter? Sounds like an interesting idea...

And wait, the others are going out in wolf form in broad daylight hunting for fields of lavender? I guess the roll says it all.
    Yes, King Sky Hunter. Blaze is going to go have a chat with him.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

FYI, I try to keep an updated list and description of the NPCs at the front of this thread.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

FYI, I try to keep an updated list and description of the NPCs at the front of this thread.
    Ah right, completely forgot about that thanks.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Potential 10-Again?

(1d10)[6]
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I forget, did we already align the locus for king sky hunter? Is there a list of loci? Could be good to add under important locations, along with their current status.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

As I understand it we're going to try and actually use the garden as the site of the fight, or should we be purchasing the flowers?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There is no way in heck the pack has enough resources to purchase enough flowers for our purposes here. Unless there is some problem, we'll use the garden itself as our Battleground.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    There is no way in heck the pack has enough resources to purchase enough flowers for our purposes here. Unless there is some problem, we'll use the garden itself as our Battleground.
    I really like this idea.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

How do we trap it though? Can we keep it from crossing over?
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We have spirit wards. I'm thinking that we can have the wolfbloods set up most of them while we lead the bugger into the trap, then close the perimeter behind it. If it works, it won't matter if it crosses over, it would be trapped in both planes.

We'll probably need to enrage the thing, get it so mad that it isn't looking where its going.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-04-22 at 02:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Not to delay things further, but since it looks like the pack is ready to move on, and because I have my brains about me, why doesn't Kara, Bear and Solomon give me Wits + Investigation rolls. Goal is 5 or more successes cumulative between the three characters.

Along with the rolls, please let me know where the three is going after this?
    Show