Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Wits+investigation huh? Not exactly my strong suit but here goes

(1d10)[2]

Yeah, didn't think so, hopefully the others can take up the slack
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-04-24 at 11:03 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Not my strong suit either. No investigation. Just wits.

(2d10)[2][4](6)

Edit: Not going well....
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2020-04-24 at 11:22 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

For what it’s worth, there are always dramatic failure and WP expenditure as options
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I forget, did we already align the locus for king sky hunter? Is there a list of loci? Could be good to add under important locations, along with their current status.
    I am waiting for a response to this question .
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    For what it’s worth, there are always dramatic failure and WP expenditure as options
    I'm going to see what Ladorak gets for his rolls.

In the event that we don't get the required successes, I'll have Kara spend a willpower for some extra dice.

(2d10)[4][7](11)

Can't recall if it's 2 or 3 dice for Willpower and don't have the books in front of me.

(1d10)[8](8)
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Erulasto: WP gives 3 additional D10. However, if Kara is untrained in survival her Wits pool takes a -1 dice. I guess I'll wait for Ladorak to roll???

@TC: Sorry I missed this! I'm not terribly certain I understand the question. Way back when King Sky Hunter agreed to share the locus on the harbor with The Anchor Wolves. A long while back Blaze approached King Sky Hunter asking the spirit to trade his help in purging the infected hospital, but the spirit was offended that Blaze did not offer a Gathra first and flew off in a hissy fit. Blaze has been working recently to shape the death locus in the field to a more healthy resonance. I don't remember any other interactions that may be related to your question, though I am very very fallible. I'm not sure if that gets at your question.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-04-25 at 12:38 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Honestly at this point I think a dramatic failure might be more realistic, this just isn't our strong suit
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

I thought Blaze was working on the locus at the golf course. Where is “the field”?
    Also how’s the locus near the hideout looking?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-04-25 at 09:07 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Honestly at this point I think a dramatic failure might be more realistic, this just isn't our strong suit
    True that, though Ladorak may be able to pull a Hail Mary.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I thought Blaze was working on the locus at the golf course. Where is “the field”?
    Also how’s the locus near the hideout looking?
    I think we are talking about the same thing with the locus in the field vs. golf course. However, I'm not sure what you mean by Locus near the hideout? If you mean by the cannery/factory/Uratha's territory; it's health. The presence of the Uratha if anything has made it better than when they first arrived. Sorry for the delay

EDIT: I'm going to keep things moving with the assumption the Uratha don't succeed or do anything dramatic on the roll.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-04-27 at 07:30 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

I think we are talking about the same thing with the locus in the field vs. golf course. However, I'm not sure what you mean by Locus near the hideout? If you mean by the cannery/factory/Uratha's territory; it's health. The presence of the Uratha if anything has made it better than when they first arrived. Sorry for the delay

EDIT: I'm going to keep things moving with the assumption the Uratha don't succeed or do anything dramatic on the roll.
    Ok, can king sky hunter use the health locus near the hideout, or would he benefit from Blaze adjusting the essence type?
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It's been hunting there all along. When the Uratha first met it, the agreement was that it could keep hunting around their territory, and it wouldn't put up a fight with the Uratha claiming the area.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Benno I meant I will need some help determining whether the amount of lavender at the nursery will be useful for trapping the plague spirit lord.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I suppose it would depend on how you wanted to use them, but I imagine you could definitely find a way to use them in a trap, especially if you are also using the wards that Blaze found.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello friends!

I apologize for my absence the last little while. I’ve had some health issues that popped up rather abruptly that led to a short stay in the hospital. I won’t get into the nitty-gritty details, but I am now home and – while I’m on some medication – I’m more or less recovered. I’d hoped to get on earlier today to send out some messages, but I ended up doing a fair bit more sleeping than I’d anticipated. But it was well-needed, I suppose.

I’ll be sitting down across the next little while and meticulously combing through the threads I’ve missed and try to get a post up and ready to go.

I apologize once again for the absence. Hope you’re all well, safe and healthy in this crazy time.

-Erulasto (Sam)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Glad to hear you're feeling better E.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Things seem to have slowed down a little bit. Anything I can/should do to keep things moving?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Things seem to have slowed down a little bit. Anything I can/should do to keep things moving?
    The whole scenario is seeming a bit fluid to me and I think a little more structure would help. How about a few decisions to make and options to choose from, maybe with positives and drawbacks for some or all of the options? Then we can play through them.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sure, so just to summarize what I am hearing first:

The plan is that the pack will use the nursery as the site where they will lay a trap for He Who Obliterates Breathing, because of all of the flowers, some of which have medicinal purposes and will therefor act as banes. They will create a perimeter around the site, which they will "close" once He Who Obliterates Breathing is lured inside. Inside the circle they will attack him with the assistance of their totem, and King Sky Hunter, taking advantage of the weaponized bane syrum that Blaze is concocting and the pack is producing.

Things that it sounds like need to be decided:

#How are they summoning/luring the spirit, and who is going to be doing this.
    -I won't list options but it seems to me that Solomon would be the most likely candidate for this job, though maybe Blaze can help in some way with his powers.

#What preparation they are making to the nursery other than laying down a perimeter?
    -Thoughts would be things such as placing objects behind which the Uratha and pack can hide, using the pots of lavender to create a narrow path that the spirit must follow once he enters to push it into a kill zone of sorts... that's all that comes to mind.
    -It may also be necessary to do some planning as to how to get things set up in time, such as checking overnight security ect

#Preparation for any Beshilu that may follow. I think the Uratha can surmise that while they don't like tannis root and the like, it does not act as a bane for them as well... though the spirit wards might.

#What to do with the scene when its over.
    -This has already been discussed to a degree.

#Lastly, are the Anchor Wolves going to ask for help from any of the other packs, and how are they going to utilize the Wolf Blooded in this fight?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

The wolf blooded can stand outside the wards and launch attacks into them. That will keep them relatively safe, but is there a Belishu bane we can use to protect them in case the rats decide to go around?
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Blaze knows that because the Beshilu are "Hosts", rather than "Spirits" they are more similar to Uratha and do not have bans or banes.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze knows that because the Beshilu are "Hosts", rather than "Spirits" they are more similar to Uratha and do not have bans or banes.
    Would it help to have the weaker spirit protect the wolf blooded from the rats, or should we have all the spirits inside with us? What do you guys think?
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Someone else ought to suggest our plan of action in character. I don't think bear is clever enough to come up with most of this.

But here is what I'm thinking:
    -Our two fastest runners act as the bait. They do something to get obliterates blindingly enraged and then lead him back to the Trap. My first thought there is that they take one or two doses of Bane and throw it in his face as if expecting that to be enough to kill him

-Setting up the lavender and any other plants in there that have medicinal properties to limit the spirit's movements is a good start. I would also suggest setting up stashes of weapons for the wolf blooded to use from outside of the perimeter. Harpoon guns, some of those heavy-duty slingshots meant to be secured between two trees oh, and whatever else we can find that's appropriate.

-if we can set something up that makes the beshilu really want to stay away great, if not, we will likely have to have at least a few of our number ready to run out of the perimeter and engage the rats. The spirits won't be of much help there, their influence in the physical world is extremely limited, and we will need their help to finish obliterates off in the spirit. Chances are we will be tired and wounded by the time it gets that far.

-as to the aftermath, I think the key is keeping the interest low. If we burn the place down, suddenly it's an arson case. If we scatter things around and break a few beer bottles, it looks like drunken teenagers doing foolish crap, one scenario warrants a serious police investigation, the other does not.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

How are we going to cross over after it, don't we need a locus?
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

How are we going to cross over after it, don't we need a locus?
    No, a Locus just makes it easier. Without one, we run the risk of some of us not being able to rejoin the fight immediately. But I'm not seeing a way around that

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    No, a Locus just makes it easier. Without one, we run the risk of some of us not being able to rejoin the fight immediately. But I'm not seeing a way around that
    Sorry for taking so long to reply. Correction, according to the 2E book page 100: "Normally, werewolves need to Reach at a locus... Werewolves with Harmony 3 or lower do not require a locus to enter the shadow. Werewolves with Harmony 8 or higher do not require a locus to enter the physical world."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. As I’m feeling well enough to tackle more, I figure I’ll weigh in here as your resident Cahalith.

Overall, I think the plan sounds great. Well thought out and it’ll be interesting to see if it goes off without too many complications.

But on the specifics:

How are we summoning the spirit?

I’d agree that Solo would be the best bet to lure it to the ambush. I agree that Blaze likely has some role to play in that, since no one understands spirits as well as he does. Is it just a matter of running in, luring it out, and then kiting it to the ambush spot? Or is there a ritual that could force it to manifest wherever we desire?

What prep are we taking?

Garden centers like this one often sell large pots for plants, stone garden statuary, and other things of similar nature (I bought some wicked wind chimes from one near my place a couple years ago; supposed to play the Imperial march when they clatter around).

We could try and move some of those into areas to create a choke point or two. I can’t imagine that’d be difficult if we were in one of our alternate forms. A quick stop at a hardware store (like whatever your equivalent of Canadian Tire is in the states) could earn us some extra stuff like traps for bears and whatnot. Or we could grab some barbed wire and use it to help hedge off an area.

Prep for Beshilu?

This is the trickiest part, I think. I can’t imagine He Who Obliterates Breathing wouldn’t show up with some backup. Some of the Wolfblooded might not be a bad choice to help hold them off. Maybe we could call on Michael’s dog spirit pack to help in that regard? Less outward fighting and more keeping them hedged in?

Help from other Packs?

I’m leery on this because as we’ve discovered, if we ask for help then it’ll look like we can’t handle our territory on our own and the other packs might try staking a measure of a claim on our turf.

As mentioned above, I like the idea of arming the wolf blooded but I’d rather not put them (especially Ciara) into a position to get Ridden or mauled by the Beshilu. If we have them, with the dog spirits, maybe we can have them sort of flank the battle and keep things contained?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

I say no to the other packs.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

I say no to the other packs.
    I am in total agreement.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So that leaves:

How are we summoning the spirit?

I’d agree that Solo would be the best bet to lure it to the ambush. I agree that Blaze likely has some role to play in that, since no one understands spirits as well as he does. Is it just a matter of running in, luring it out, and then kiting it to the ambush spot? Or is there a ritual that could force it to manifest wherever we desire?

What prep are we taking?

Garden centers like this one often sell large pots for plants, stone garden statuary, and other things of similar nature (I bought some wicked wind chimes from one near my place a couple years ago; supposed to play the Imperial march when they clatter around).

We could try and move some of those into areas to create a choke point or two. I can’t imagine that’d be difficult if we were in one of our alternate forms. A quick stop at a hardware store (like whatever your equivalent of Canadian Tire is in the states) could earn us some extra stuff like traps for bears and whatnot. Or we could grab some barbed wire and use it to help hedge off an area.

Prep for Beshilu?

This is the trickiest part, I think. I can’t imagine He Who Obliterates Breathing wouldn’t show up with some backup. Some of the Wolfblooded might not be a bad choice to help hold them off. Maybe we could call on Michael’s dog spirit pack to help in that regard? Less outward fighting and more keeping them hedged in?

... As mentioned above, I like the idea of arming the wolf blooded but I’d rather not put them (especially Ciara) into a position to get Ridden or mauled by the Beshilu. If we have them, with the dog spirits, maybe we can have them sort of flank the battle and keep things contained?
    Show