New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Noted. I have restored Bear's Essence and dropped Blaze's harmony to 6. Please update your character sheet TC. Also, do you want to shift out of Gauru before things go very sideways???

EDIT: @Irrelephant and Llyarden: If you haven't, pleas make sure to check the recruitment thread for my replies.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-08-14 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Noted. I have restored Bear's Essence and dropped Blaze's harmony to 6. Please update your character sheet TC. Also, do you want to shift out of Gauru before things go very sideways???

EDIT: @Irrelephant and Llyarden: If you haven't, pleas make sure to check the recruitment thread for my replies.
    Blaze is in Urshul form, and there he will stay for the time being.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

PM'ed Irrelephant but if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow will move things forward.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It really is a shame that Ladorak and Erulasto are still MIA/possibly are not coming back. If anyone has any luck getting a hold of them, please let me know.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Going to let other people reply/interact, but let me know if you want me to move things on in some way.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, I'm going to give players till tomorrow morning to reply (only Daishain has said move on). If I get more requests, or people remain silent, I will move this on to the epilogue scene/concern. Hope everyone is hanging in there alright!
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm going to give players till tomorrow morning to reply (only Daishain has said move on). If I get more requests, or people remain silent, I will move this on to the epilogue scene/concern. Hope everyone is hanging in there alright!
    I’m good to move on.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm similarly good to move on, although Michael got written out of the scene anyway.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Llyarden: I actually was waiting for you to reply to E one way or the other about leaving the room, but it's no big deal.

Moving things along now.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

breaking point (4d10)[9][4][3][7](23)
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Wrong game/thread, but noted

AFB atm, but I think Karl will still have to take a breaking point condition, feel free to look it up and let me know what you think is appropriate. Probably bestial or competitive.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-09-09 at 10:24 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze to know where to help out the computer spirit: int+ occult:
    (8d10)[9][4][8][9][5][10][10][4](59)
    9 again; (8d10)[2][7][2][1][10][10][6][2](40)
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@TC:

does Blaze have any sense about whether the spirit is too far gone?
    Blaze will need to lay eyes on the spirit further to take an Int+ Occult +2 roll.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

@TC:

Blaze will need to lay eyes on the spirit further to take an Int+ Occult +2 roll.
    We’ll do just that, also going to try and theorize what might help it recover: (11d10)[8][9][4][4][7][10][9][9][3][10][7](80)
    9 again: (11d10)[8][7][5][1][5][8][5][2][8][5][7](61)
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Not waiting on me, right?

@llyarden and Irrelephant: Please feel free to post, even if you feel out of sorts. Michael is a pup and allowed not to know much, and Juno is... Juno.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, it seems we're nearing/at an interlude. Benno suggested that we'll be time skipping a few weeks, so here's my suggestions on things bear would try to get done in the short term.

Personal
    -get some sort of expert advice concerning Ciara's pregnancy and its apparently rapid progression
    -Seriously look into that meadery idea, possibly partnering with the winery we've already been working with and/or the flower gardens with the newly established locus.
    -bind the other hawk, the mate of the one already hooked, get them to help with the first pack objective below.

Pack
    -Secure the territory, patrol/defend the borders, chase off or kill as many of the remaining beshilu as we can, identify and assess any remaining potential problems
    -Set up a serious thank you/apology package for all of the spirits that helped with the latest crisis, but most especially the two that were dispersed.
    -find help for juno
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze needs to take care of his spirit obligations. That’s tending the garden and aligning the loci they control, and hanging out with the laptop spirit and making it fat and happy, and helping the discorporated king sky hunter and the other defeated spirit reassemble themselves. In addition he’s going to try and figure out what’s going on with Juno, and what those bits of barnacles are in the water Pequod left behind.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2020-10-04 at 11:09 AM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You guys are great, so thank you for getting ahead of me... though we do have this one last bit of epilogue to get through...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Composure+stealth (4d10)[4][9][7][10](30)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhat arbitrary Resolve+Composure for Michael: (4d10)[6][9][3][5](23) 1 success.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2020-10-18 at 12:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I don't think a roll was needed for this. As far as I can tell the roll is only needed if you are trying to force another Uratha into death rage with the power. Not that it really matters.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just going to hold off on posting, but let me know if people want things moved on.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay all. Below is the breakdown of earned beats. All beats earned for Michael will go to Llyarden's new character. As always, I will do my best to catch everything, but please feel free to bring up if you think I missed a beat for your character. As we are finishing the story, all character's will replenish all WP and Essence. All conditions will also be wiped. Please let me know if you want to spend any XP on anything. Please let me know if you want to update your aspirations or anything else. Once I have replies from everyone, then we will start the new Prelude.

#Blaze: 1 beat for finishing the Epilogue, a second for finishing the story. Everyone get's a third beat toward The Reveler's Aspiration. Blaze gets an additional beat for "hacking" computers using his spirit to find out more about the idigam. I suggest changing this aspiration but you don't have to. That brings Blaze to 1 beat and 5 XP.

#Bear: 1 beat for finishing the Epilogue, a second for finishing the story. Everyone get's a third beat toward The Reveler's Aspiration. I'll give Bear a beat towards his third Aspiraiton as part of witnessing Juno's death. This aspiration must be replaced. That brings Bear to 2 beats and 3 xp.

#Michael: 1 beat for finishing the Epilogue, a second for finishing the story. Everyone get's a third beat toward The Reveler's Aspiration. I'll consider Michael to have explored his Uratha nature in using his Elodath powers to save Bear, and it was pretty darn cool. You can keep the four beats for your new character.

I am updating the pack Aspirations, please confirm you are okay with this:
    #Secure your territory
    #Discover more about the Idigam
    #Correct the damage to the Gauntlet caused by the Beshilu
    # (Totem) Increase the number of Vineyards and music halls within the Pack's domain, to expand the domain of Reveler.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze is going to pick up fetish, so he can make stuff for the pack.

To replace the aspiration I'm thinking help the spirits who were banished during the fight to reform. Not sure how to go about doing that though.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just making sure I have this right, Blaze is spending 4xp on the Rite "Fetish"? Blaze can learn this rite from another Uratha or from a spirit, assuming it is going to be from a spirit, since there are no other Uratha around to teach it, which spirit is Blaze going to learn this from? There is no right answer, I just want to explore where this was learned from. The new aspiration makes sense and we can discuss how this can be done later, but there is a way, essentially helping to cultivate the Essence they need to wake up.

Still waiting on the other two players.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Confirmed, I'll probably save the xp for the moment, and I'll think about a replacement aspiration. Thank you for running an interesting chapter as usual.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Just making sure I have this right, Blaze is spending 4xp on the Rite "Fetish"? Blaze can learn this rite from another Uratha or from a spirit, assuming it is going to be from a spirit, since there are no other Uratha around to teach it, which spirit is Blaze going to learn this from? There is no right answer, I just want to explore where this was learned from. The new aspiration makes sense and we can discuss how this can be done later, but there is a way, essentially helping to cultivate the Essence they need to wake up.

Still waiting on the other two players.
    How many spirits do we have left? We’ve got reveler and the computer spirit... anyone else? If it was a choice of the two I’d probably go with computer kid.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Post Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Yeah I mean I don't have any experience to spend. I'm fine with the changes to the pack aspirations.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Confirmed, I'll probably save the xp for the moment, and I'll think about a replacement aspiration. Thank you for running an interesting chapter as usual.
    Let me know about what you want to do with the aspirations. And thank you!

How many spirits do we have left? We’ve got reveler and the computer spirit... anyone else? If it was a choice of the two I’d probably go with computer kid.
    Take a look at the list of spirits on the front page of this thread. There are other spirits, though maybe not one's that are "allies" but may be able to help in ways.

@All: I will try to get a good post up in the IC thread ASAP. Obviously it is going to take a good bit of time and focus, so please be patient with me.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, IC post is up.

@Llyarden: I've added James' character sheet to the first page in a post that had room for the word count. I've also created a character box for James, keeping his 4 earned XP.
    Show