New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gunnerkrigg Court 8: Thrown for a Loup

Omega's being a lot more amiable about this than I was expecting to be honest.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Turns out just because Annie shouldn't exist doesn't mean Omega doesn't want her to.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Or does it. She's sympathetic, but we've seen her put (what she believes to be) the greater good above all else, even herself. She can be nice and sympathetic to Annie and still consider her a variable to be removed.

Omega/ the Omega machine being a main antagonist would be quite befitting.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Orc in the Playground

All events being predictable makes me think that this Annie-disruption isn't something that can be undone by killing her after the fact. You can't unthrow a stone in a lake. Wading in after the stone would only further disturb the predictability of the system.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Or does it. She's sympathetic, but we've seen her put (what she believes to be) the greater good above all else, even herself. She can be nice and sympathetic to Annie and still consider her a variable to be removed.

Omega/ the Omega machine being a main antagonist would be quite befitting.
    Annie's existence frees her from her own powers. Imagine how her life must have been until now, knowing almost everything that would play out ahead of time, completely unable to change what whould happen.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think Omega is separate from the Omega Device: I think the Device is the "new model" Omega refers to.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The impression I get is that the device was based off Omega's brain. But it carries the same limitations regarding the Ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Firbolg in the Playground

So Omega is seemingly omniscient but loves Annie because Annie violates her predictions. Who else is like that? Coyote. Coyote loves being surprised and loves Annie because she keeps him entertained.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137beth View Post
    So Omega is seemingly omniscient but loves Annie because Annie violates her predictions. Who else is like that? Coyote. Coyote loves being surprised and loves Annie because she keeps him entertained.
    Yea, Coyote and Omega do seem similar. They both had long term plans that included basically sacrificing themselves just for the goal of seeing something that they haven't seen before. Main difference seems to be that Omega was straightforward (with those that she could communicate with at least) while Coyote manipulated those around him. Also, I think Omega would have been glad if something else had interrupted her plans, where Coyote did all this because someone he thought was a puppet didn't act accordingly.
    Last edited by Devlerbat; 2024-06-12 at 03:29 PM.