Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Yora reviews Babylon 5

Speaking of missed opportunities, we never found out what Franklin's father was up to during the war, or even what he thought of the whole thing. It wouldn't have made sense for this to be a major plot point, but it always seemed odd to me that we spent an episode around this guy, who is a general, then do a big civil war involving the military he's in shortly thereafter, and never update how that's going for him.

I suspect this is because GROPOS wasn't written by JMS so a one-episode character in an episode he didn't write didn't take up much brainspace for him while figuring out that part of the show. Or maybe this was another thing lost to the arc compression going on with the civil war plotline.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post
    Speaking of missed opportunities, we never found out what Franklin's father was up to during the war, or even what he thought of the whole thing. It wouldn't have made sense for this to be a major plot point, but it always seemed odd to me that we spent an episode around this guy, who is a general, then do a big civil war involving the military he's in shortly thereafter, and never update how that's going for him.

I suspect this is because GROPOS wasn't written by JMS so a one-episode character in an episode he didn't write didn't take up much brainspace for him while figuring out that part of the show. Or maybe this was another thing lost to the arc compression going on with the civil war plotline.
    Wasn't that the military op where everyone died? I assumed his father was among the casualties but it's been so long since I've seen it I may be forgetting an appearance.
    Now with half the calories!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    Wasn't that the military op where everyone died? I assumed his father was among the casualties but it's been so long since I've seen it I may be forgetting an appearance.
    Franklin's father seemed quite chatty for a dead man when doing the interview with the news reporter after the battle in that episode, in that case...

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Algeh View Post

There were scheduling conflicts and coupled with the compressed season he couldn’t fit it in. It has been intended he’d have been one of the generals who stayed loyal to Clark. But wether he’d have actively took part in the war crimes is unknown.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Franklin's father seemed quite chatty for a dead man when doing the interview with the news reporter after the battle in that episode, in that case...
    Actually, technically the battle is still going on. They are trying to wrap things up. Remember, he gets called away suddenly. But you can still see fighting in the background.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"