New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default VIgil: Return of the Geneva

The Skybase has NPC lookouts who will offer transportation to any not obviously hostile people attempting to get to the surface. This process can be completely handwaved, unless there's a very important plot reason not to.

Whereas GLoG concerns itself with redeeming evil-doers (and healing the sick and sheltering refugees etc.) and AMEN is evildoers, VIGIL takes a more neutral approach. VIGIL doesn’t concern itself with good or evil, but with kicking people who need to be kicked. It is dedicated to preventing threats to the Nexus, both massive-scale and small-scale, from muggers and exploding taverns to apocalypsoi and demonic invasions. Of course, given that evil-doers tend to be the ones who cause those things, VIGIL tends to be pitted against the forces of evil more often than not, but it doesn’t care that they’re evil, just that they’re causing trouble. Calling it a 'Good' organization is likely to draw the ire of some of the more morally relative members around. Maybe. Some members do call it a Good organization. This is because it is formed from the merging of the two organizations, WATCHTOWER and HALO. Both were similar in that they fought off those who need to be fought. But then certain elements of HALO turned around and walked away because... reasons? It's awfully confusing, but there's no real reason to care about it, so I'm not gonna!

VIGIL is an organization that exists to stop some bad things from happening. No one is entirely sure which ones, or why.

Oh, and also their first base done got blowed up by demons. It was terribly inconvenient.

Current VIGIL Locations: (PLEASE USE LOCATION TAGS IN THIS THREAD OR I WILL SHOW UP IN YOUR BASEMENT IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT AND SHANK YOU).

[Vigil Skybase] (Official Vigil HQ)

Vigil's new base, built atop a flying island hijacked from the Hunting Grounds. The island is propelled by large engines created by the Mia, priestess of Deus Mechanicus, and is currently on patrol.

Spoiler: Island Surface
    Show
    The portion of the base on the surface of the island consists of several complexes red stone buildings ringing a basin towards the upper end of the island. Flanked by several peaks, the basin serves as a natural shelter to the surface structures of the Vigil base, and is bisected by a narrow lake that flows into a river towards the lower end of the island. Plentiful footpaths crisscross the various complexes that make up the Vigil base, along with a one-way monorail that runs the length of the valley, allowing for rapid transit from one end of the base to another.

The Academy
    Placed strategically at the head of the valley, the Academy serves as a main hub for the base, splitting the two halves of the basin with a complex of several large stone structures. The largest of these structures is the Library, which contains numerous books on magic as well as the theory of warfare and martial arts; some saved from the wreckage of the former Vigil base, others new additions donated by Vigil members or the organization’s various benefactors. The Library also contains several Labs well suited to conducting magical and scientific research, map rooms for strategic planning, and a telescope observatory at the top of a tower for star-gazing. Flanking the Library are the main Armory and Clinic, as well as buildings containing indoor Training Facilities, and elevators and tunnels to the interior and underside of the island. The Library foyer and Academy courtyard also serves as a useful Reception for new visitors to the base.

The Training Grounds
    Taking up an entire half of the basin on one side of the lake, the Training Grounds serve as the main point-of-call for any open-air practice Vigil members should wish to conduct. Separate facilities include a running track; arenas for dueling and swordplay; a shooting and archery range; areas for jousting; and other such facilities for martial pursuits.

The Upper Village
    On the opposite side of the lake to the training grounds is the Upper Village, where the majority of Vigil members will make their residence. The Upper Village is primarily populated by large stone halls. Living space prioritizes economy over luxury, with large barrack halls splitting their space equally between intimately sized single rooms and larger bunkrooms for members that value their privacy a little less. Centered in between these barrack halls are a central plaza and some community buildings, including a mess hall, gym and recreational building, tennis courts and basketball hoops, laundry buildings, and a large bathhouse with group and individual baths. Close to the lake are several fenced-off gardens and open grassy areas ideal for outdoor sports, and the lakeside has a rather nice sandy beach. Magical landscaping is convenient like that.

The Battered Shield
    A large tavern that has opened up in the Upper Village, meant for off-duty Vigil members and their guests to congregate, relax, and get a few drinks. The tavern gets its name from the broken shield above the entrance, which changes weekly. The back wall of the tavern is covered in more damaged and broken shields, each one smashed in the defense of the Nexus. Live music most nights, including from Rain, Vigil's resident bard.

Commanders’ Village
    A little ways uphill from the Upper Village, a set of overlooking terraces set into the mountainside are home to some modest two-story houses. These houses are space provided to the current commanders of Vigil, and each have their own amenities including kitchen, several bedrooms, and plenty of space for studies, workrooms, armories, or shrines to one’s own magnificence.

The Lower Village
    Further down the valley, near its foot where the lake narrows into a river that flows out of the basin, is the Lower Village, partially secluded from the rest of the base amidst the valley walls and the start of the woods that cover the rest of the island. The Lower Village has small, separate houses with their own gardens and more privacy compared to the communal living spaces of the Upper Village.

Emergency Monorail
    This stone railway along runs from the Lower Village, through the Upper Village, up towards the Academy. Runes placed at intervals along the railway allow for the summoning of a magic platform that moves rapidly in one direction up towards the Academy, making it useful for emergencies or other times when expedience is required.

Spoiler: Island Interior
    Show

Command/Combat Information Center
    Located deep within the heart of the island, this easily defensible underground complex could serve as a future command center for Vigil operations. As of right now, it’s sparsely furnished with a few offices including some larger offices for Vigil’s command staff, a mainframe room, and a pair of video conferencing rooms.

Battle Clinic
    Less luxuriously equipped than the main surface clinic, this clinic’s central underground location makes it an ideal spot for emergency treatment in the heat of battle.

Vaults
    Underground vaults for the storage of possible artifacts and items of apocalyptic or near-apocalyptic importance. Currently very empty.

Spoiler: Island Underside
    Show

Airship Gantry
    Carved into the underside of the island is a cavernous open-air hanger, crisscrossed by bridges and hanging platforms. As of yet, a pair large skyships built for hauling cargo currently occupies the interior, in addition to a small flotilla of yacht-sized skyskiffs for transport. Given Vigil’s past history with flying devices of all sorts, it’s likely to become the home for many more in the future. An upside-down tower near the entrance to the hanger serves as an air-traffic control of sorts, as well as a command tower with communications linked to the other exterior observation towers.

Skyship Reference (bulkier, with less weaponry)

Skyferry Reference (less fancy, no propellers)

Observation Towers
    Upside-down towers dot the underside of the island at various point, providing lookout points for sentries to observe the land below, as well as a possible platform for defensive or siege weapons to be mounted in the future.

[Vigil Safehouses - Inside/Skyside]

A pair of safehouses, located in Inside and Skyside. The Vigil safehouses from the outside look like ordinary, unattractive worn-down apartment blocks, though they are equipped with a heavy door and security systems to prevent entry to non-Vigil members. Inside there are beds, toilet and bathing facilities, and enough supplies and equipment to last about a dozen members each for several months. Intended to be used as temporary staging bases so that Vigil can still operate semi-normally while in hiding, but light on electronic equipment, in order to avoid detection.

[Vigil Ruins]

The old base, located on a cliff-side above the lake. Done got blowed up by demons. They're still there, probably.

CURRENT LEADERS (talk to these guys if you need help - of the regular kind, not psychiatric help. They're not qualified for that.)
    - Wenomir
    - Cessie Mithar

Previous Threads

Spoiler: Out of Character Notes
    Show

1. Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, no randomly destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players. If you do want to run a plot in which a base or the whole organization gets destroyed, though, feel free to run your idea through OoC to see if other people like it and are willing to roleplay it out!
    2. No godmoding/godmodding. It's not permitted in other ACRONYMs, and it isn't in VIGIL. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offense isn't.
    3. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    4. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
    5. Romance/Fanservice/Secks/WOOHOO!/Whateveryawannacallit is acceptable here, but remember to curtain once it goes past the snuggling stage, and be aware that there may be IC repercussions for dropping the curtain whenever you're online, as this is a thread with a mission. And said mission does not involve ******* like rabbits.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-04-09 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Spoiler: Evil sheep in less-evil sheep clothing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Wenomir scowls at Holly. Obviously, scowling is more or less his default expression, but now it deepens. There's a lot of disapproval packed into that narrow, focused look.

"That was uncalled for. Svetlana was giving it her all. And she fought well."
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Training Grounds]

They're right: that was uncalled for, and Holly feels it was a little out-of-character for her. Sure, it succeeded in achieving what she was going for, but...

The half-human raises her hands so they're in front of her, and her palms are forward. "Maybe it's because I don't know all that much about fighting," she lies, "but to me it looks like you two should be similar in skill, but she wasn't making any headway so that was the only thing I could think was happening."

"I didn't mean anything by it, I swear."

[Training Grounds]

After continuing to scowl at Holly, she turns back to Wenomir and smiles. "I fought well? My heart soars, hearing you say that." She says, bowing forward in respect once more. "But I am an eternal learner, and I believe I still have much to learn. Will you take me as your student? Forgive my... acquaintance. She's not versed in such things."

Spoiler: Iron Knuck- err, Rebonack
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Lapis' Lovely Fort]

Lapis recoils at the feeling of absolute evil, scooting away from the image.

"I don't like it, it makes my tummy hurt," Lapis protests.

She hasn't seen such a creature before. 'Pure evil' in her estimation is an impossible thing, and impossible things already disagree with her. The absolute malice it radiates along with being pure evil makes it even worse.

"Why is she so bad?" Lapis asks, blinking back tears. "I don't understand why someone would be so bad."

The young seraph gives a bit of a snort as she tries to distract herself from the lingering feeling of awful by watching the sand shaping.

"Oh, that's okay. I can always find more stumps?"

[Lapis' Lovely and Awesome Fort]

Asher would get up to comfort Lapis, he himself looking angry and sad as he feels Agony's malice, but he can see that his shaping is helping to calm and distract her, so he continues, leaving Ruth to be the one to wrap her in her arms. "There, there, Lapis. She can't hurt you here, and if she tried, we three would send her packing. She's so bad because she's a demon, made from an evil human soul and shaped by other demons, who tend to be evil-personified. Part of our job is to fight them and protect mortals from their influence." Ruth says, trying to calm Lapis down. To help, Asher begins humming a peaceful song, and Ruth sends some peace radiation her way.

"If I see her, I'll beat her up for you! Promise!" Asher adds. After Lapis agrees to have her stumps turned into sand, Ruth breaks the hug and does as Asher asks, leaving no stumps and a whole lot of sand so that Asher can continue working. In a matter of minutes, instead of stumps, Lapis' fort is well-furnished with chairs, tables, cupboards, a bed and a nest, and the like. "See? Now mortals can be more comfortable, and it looks really lovely too!" The angel boy declares, smiling widely. "It is good, is it not?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landing Pad - Vigil Skybase]

The vigilante glances over towards Geneva, taking her unusual form in for several seconds before taking in his surroundings in clearer detail.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Okay...?" Geneva replies somewhat hesitantly. "I don't mind pay. I can always use more funding for my work on the Bifrost Project. If you're looking for me specifically then you're probably aware that I specialize in teleportation technology. Is there anything in particular that you're interested in?"

Obviously there are lots of different types of teleportation devices.

Big ones.

Little ones.

Defensive ones.

Offensive ones.

Geneva needs some idea of what this guy in armor is looking for.

[Lapis' Really Fantastic Fort now with more Furniture!]

Lapis gets a nice hug.

It makes her feel a little better.

"But why though?" Lapis asks, clearly puzzled by all this. "Why make mean people's souls into something worse? Why not just let them go away?"

She really doesn't understand souls. She knows OF them. Mostly from other people talking about them. She knows what they're good for. They let people have hopes and dreams. And hopes and dreams are how people change and grow. But why take someones deepest, darkest dreams and slimiest, grossest hopes and make that into a monster that wants to spread that icky stuff?

Lapis just can't make any sense of that. It's like what the Aes Shee do. And they're the worst.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The vigilante nods, retrieving a small tablet before checking in on something.

6. - Top - End - #6

"You need a blinker," Geneva says, giving a small nod. "I haven't personally worked on anything like that. Most of my work has been on larger, longer range teleportation. But I collected quite a few schematics in the lab that... umm... sent me to the Nexus."

She was messing with an old prototype teleportation pad.

It exploded in her face.

And she woke up in a field Outside.

Honestly not the worst place to wake up after an explosion when you've been living in an irradiated wasteland for a few years. She had initially assumed that she was dead and had ended up in the Elysium Fields.

"It would be a new branch to my research, but I think I could do it. The less mass being moved and the shorter the distance the less stress on local space-time and the less spatial sheer the spell-matrix needs to be able to endure between uses. I can use the old Ministry of Arcane Science designs as a starting point, but I'll need to adapt an alternative magical power source since Equestrian gemstones are prohibitively expensive here in the Nexus. That's hardly a deal-breaker. If I can do it with a kettle I can do it with a blinker."

She sounds pretty confident in that point. At that second question she tilts her head a bit.

"Well... I'm versed in electrical, thaumatical, and synnefical engineering. I focus primarily on fields related to teleportation; that's where I've done most of my research and application. Both utilizing teleportation and inhibiting it. I, uh... used to fix work on the weather equipment back in my home vault? But I doubt you need a cloud seeder or a rainbow fountain."

You never know when someone might need a rainbow fountain, Geneva.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

"Does he now?" Anika waggles her eyesbrows as she looks between Adir and Ilpholion(?). Despite the seriousness of the situation she can't quite muster the same somber attitude as Wenomir. In fact, she looks just as ready to laugh as Raven.

She leans in conspiratorially. "His wife is open to that sort of thing?" She not-quite whispers.
    It doesn't appear like she's expecting a reply though as her attention is turned to Tiffany. "But hey, we've arrived! Get out of the car and I'll fix you up, gally." She will get out as soon as Adir stops the truck and will move around to the front seat to be able to greet Tiffany. "You got any, uh, curses or diseases? Y'know, stuff that would prevent magical healing." She had trained years to remember to ask that before she went for it. Though she mostly healed people she already knew so it had never really come up before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

"Ilphy, babe, if that's actually you, I'm not in the mood for jokes," said the stag, driving them away. Stepping on the gas seemed to agitate every fresh bruise on his body, and it makes pain shoot along the side of his leg, but he's gotten pretty good at ignoring those sensations over the years.

In the present, Adir parks the truck and kicks his door open to slip out. Gotta wait for the dropship anyways.

"...Goddammit, Anika, why didn't you say something when we were leaving? We could have just had you in front to begin with." The stag unclasps his ballistic mask and pulls it away from a face streaked with sweat and darkened around the eyes with black grease-paint. He puts his hands on his hips and arches his back forward, stretching his sore body. Again his eyes track back to 'Raven'. "What happened? Where have you been?"
    [AMEN Debrief]

The skyship is incoming now; won't be long until it touches down and the truck can drive in. There's a medical team onboard to start stabilizing the fake Ilpholin immediately, before she can be transported to the clinic.

"Won't be long now. I've asked for the skyship to bring a team of medics that will treat her before she's brought to the clinic. I don't know what the hell happened back there. Did AMEN think they've got the real Ilpholin or were they just fooling us all along? That would be too smart for them by half."
    [AMEN Debrief]

Tiffany, at Anika's instruction, gets out of the car. She shakes her head. "No, I don't think so," she says. "That blonde woman put some stuff in, but it's probably all gone now."
    There actually is nothing preventing her from being healed, which is pretty good because it all aches and hurts and feels a little numb now after that whole ride.

"...thanks."

Upon hearing Wenomir's out-loud musings, Tiffany turns her head. "From what I overheard, they actually thought she was the real one, and they had this whole plan where like me they'd experiment on her, but also they frequently took her out to be tortured and other stuff. I think they said once 'the demons' gave her to them?" she asks. "So then what were the demons planning?" This is something she actually wants to know, too. Seriously, why give a fake Ilpholin? Did the demons not know as well, or were they just trying to cover up for their failure, or what did they get out of the deal?

[AMEN Debrief]

Raven opens her mouth to say something, but closes it and frowns. At least Anika was still upbeat. The whole ride feels awkward though. Maybe it's because Raven still looks completely different and feels weird in her own skin like this. Speaking of, her clothes shift back from that armored leather style back into a more gothic Lolita outfit.

After everyone starts getting out of the truck, she turns her attention back to Adir. "What happened? What happened?! I nearly died trying to get you guys to remember the objective of killing Sargon, that's what happened! I've been in surgery ever since. As far as I could tell when I wasn't in a coma. The doctor doesn't even think I should be up and walking at this point." Like reasonable professional advice would stop her. She's probably exaggerating that last bit though.

"For however long that's been. What day is it?" When was the invasion compared to today anyways? Raven doesn't know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

[Another Elf!]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Cass smirks. "So I'd be alone, at your mercy, with no one else knowing we were there," she says, playfully. "Sounds like it'd be worth the risk, though."
    "I might be convinced to show you leniency, were I to catch you like this," Wenomir says, trying and failing to make his tone sound serious. "But you had better be quite persuasive."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-12-30 at 05:26 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Elf!]

"Why don't we skip the meeting with Cessie," says Cass, her voice dropping low and smoky. "And I'll show you just how persuasive I can be, Commander?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-12-30 at 07:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

[Another Elf!]

Cass' voice sends a shiver through Wenomir. How does she have this effect on him already? And why does calling him "Commander", of all things?

"Hmm... tempting, but Cessie Mithar is not a woman to be kept waiting," he says, sounding genuinely regretful. "I'm sure you'll have ample opportunity to show me your persuasion skills once I've showed you my martial talents."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Spoiler: Evil sheep in less-evil sheep clothing
    Show

[Training Grounds]

After continuing to scowl at Holly, she turns back to Wenomir and smiles. "I fought well? My heart soars, hearing you say that." She says, bowing forward in respect once more. "But I am an eternal learner, and I believe I still have much to learn. Will you take me as your student? Forgive my... acquaintance. She's not versed in such things."

[Training Grounds]

"W-well," Holly says, still feeling a bit uncomfortable, "I guess I have no reason to still be here, right? And y'all probably have a lot of paperwork or whatever to do."

She points in the direction she thinks the airship gantry is: that way, and down at such-and-such angle. "The exit's that way, if I remember correctly. Not completely sure how to get there, but I'm sure I could manage." Since the training grounds is on the surface and the gantry is on the underside.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-12-30 at 12:39 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Elf! -> Cessie's Office]

"Fine, fine. We'll do it in your order," says Cass, sulkily. "But I can be impatient too," she says, with a playful snap. 'I'll make you regret this', that voice says.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie's Office]

"Good. We don't want things to be boring, do we?" Wenomir asks, taking the challenge, before the two arrive at Cessie's door. "We need to tell Cessie about the souls, but she might also ask you about... other matters." Like the break-in. "It will probably be best to clear the air soon anyway."

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir continues to look at Holly with some disapproval. She's rude and is acting strangely. But he can't put his finger on what exactly seems off about her.

"You may go, if you wish." Turning back to Svetlana, he continues: "I will train you. We will see how your own style responds to my teachings. I don't believe in moulding my students in my own image."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Office]

Cass quirks a bemused half-smile at Wenomir's cockiness. She'll just have to find a way to make him regret that, as well...

Any amusement gives way to a sort of resigned trepidation as Wenomir continues, and the conversation returns to more serious things.

"I understand," she says, brushing a few stray locks of silvery hair out of her face and nodding.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-12-30 at 10:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooky VIGIL Encounters]

Wenomir frowns a little at Cora. She's not treating this situation as seriously as she should be.

"I'm sure those transformations can be removed. But Lapis was turned into a sheep while helping you and she's upset about it, so you should go and say thank you to her."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

Lapis makes a rather pitiful snuffling noise as she shuffles toward Wenomir and the kids.

She's so round it's hard to walk!

This is terrible!
    [Spooky Encounters]

"Thanks Wenomir," Laela says after a minute, hurrying up and giving him a hug on the leg. She looks up at him with large, honest eyes. "...I'm sorry this happened. If it makes you feel better, you're a really pretty sword girl. She just made the rest of us look silly."

She leans around Wenomir and looks at Lapis. "Oh no!" She scurries over to do like Wenomir says. Maybe Lapis will feel a little better when she gets a tackle-hug too. "I'm sorry miss Lapis! We haven't met but I'm Laela. Me and my dad and my auntie will make sure you get back normal quick, okay?"
    [Spooky VIGIL Encounters]

"Oh, uh." Cora looks at the very round sheep. "Sorry that happened. I hope someone can fix it right away." She offers.

Bastion decides that Laela has the right idea and goes over to join in the hug. Hugs are good!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Geneva's response is quite long-winded, and though the vigilante remains outwardly understanding and polite, he was growing slightly impatient. He attempts to get straight to the point.

17. - Top - End - #17

Geneva catches that tone.

She's irritating him.

Her ears drop a bit unconsciously and her tail lashes twice behind her.

"Oh, ah, that's hard to estimate," Geneva admits. "Not without going over the schematics in some detail first and figuring out the specific modifications I'll have to make. Once I can estimate parts and labor I think I can get you a reasonable price."

So she doesn't have a prince right now.

Not until she knows exactly what she'll need to do.

Wouldn't want to give a price that's WRONG of course.

"Do you have contact information? I could give you a call with price and time estimate after I've worked out the groundwork for the project."

Probably not the answer he was hoping for.

[Spooky VIGIL Encounter]

Lapis is hugged!

Goodness she is absurdly poofy.

Like... seriously.

Just a giant ball of wool.

She feels... well. A little bit better. Just a tad.

Then rather abruptly Zee is standing nearby! No real fanfare. No flash of lightning. No poof of smoke. No BAMPH! of displaced air. Just a Zee-shaped hole in the world that got filled in. She wrinkles her nose a bit as she surveys the 'damage'.

"Okay. So. Real talk," she begins, leaning on one leg and crossing her arms over her chest. "When I caught that distress call I was thinking either we're dealing with another skinwalker attack or a demon incursion. I wasn't expecting sheep and she-man. Not to say those aren't serious things, but not really what I came here prepped for."

"Wooloo," Lapis says.

"Okay, yeah, I know. Obviously this isn't great, Lapis. Curses aren't exactly my thing but I'm pretty sure this isn't permanent. More like a prank. A really mean, really nasty prank that should be earning someone a stern talking to," Zee agrees with the sheep. "Do we know where the perpetrator went?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[Spooky VIGIL Encounter]

While the children are comforting Lapis, Wenomir sends a message to Cessie, Adir and Sakura. He'd rather not explain why his voice sounds completely differently right now.

Cora, Bastion and Laela are in Vigil, safe and sound. Don't know how they got here. The creature responsible is gone.
    "The perpetrator got away," he says, sourly, when Zee appears. He seems calm, but Zee might be able to realise he's anything but. The warrior is just very good at keeping a lid on things. "At least she... it... whatever... fixed the kids before leaving."

[Cessie's Office]

Wenomir nods, saying nothing more, and knocks on Cessie's door.

19. - Top - End - #19

Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

Raven opens her mouth to say something, but closes it and frowns. At least Anika was still upbeat. The whole ride feels awkward though. Maybe it's because Raven still looks completely different and feels weird in her own skin like this. Speaking of, her clothes shift back from that armored leather style back into a more gothic Lolita outfit.

After everyone starts getting out of the truck, she turns her attention back to Adir. "What happened? What happened?! I nearly died trying to get you guys to remember the objective of killing Sargon, that's what happened! I've been in surgery ever since. As far as I could tell when I wasn't in a coma. The doctor doesn't even think I should be up and walking at this point." Like reasonable professional advice would stop her. She's probably exaggerating that last bit though.

"For however long that's been. What day is it?" When was the invasion compared to today anyways? Raven doesn't know!
    [Cessie's Office]

"Good. We don't want things to be boring, do we?" Wenomir asks, taking the challenge, before the two arrive at Cessie's door. "We need to tell Cessie about the souls, but she might also ask you about... other matters." Like the break-in. "It will probably be best to clear the air soon anyway."
    [Cessie's Office]

Cass quirks a bemused half-smile at Wenomir's cockiness. She'll just have to find a way to make him regret that, as well...

Any amusement gives way to a sort of resigned trepidation as Wenomir continues, and the conversation returns to more serious things.

"I understand," she says, brushing a few stray locks of silvery hair out of her face and nodding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Saint Lazarus shakes her head. "Well obviously it's not enough just to mitigate the harm I'm doing. If all I do is eat bad people, that's still not really making the world a better place, is it? Just balancing out the evil with more evil, really. If I have to be like this, I want to be able to take all that hate and hunger and anger and point it at a higher cause. I have to leave this world a better place than I found it, to do good just to spite whatever divine ****sucker decided this was going to be my fate. Oh, oops, hold on, am I not supposed to swear for this?" That would be a shame, if she just ruined the entire recording just my mouthing off a little towards some nameless divine master of destinies. It'd also serve her right, talking about me like that. Rude.
    [AMEN Debrief]

"Ilphy, babe, if that's actually you, I'm not in the mood for jokes," said the stag, driving them away. Stepping on the gas seemed to agitate every fresh bruise on his body, and it makes pain shoot along the side of his leg, but he's gotten pretty good at ignoring those sensations over the years.

In the present, Adir parks the truck and kicks his door open to slip out. Gotta wait for the dropship anyways.

"...Goddammit, Anika, why didn't you say something when we were leaving? We could have just had you in front to begin with." The stag unclasps his ballistic mask and pulls it away from a face streaked with sweat and darkened around the eyes with black grease-paint. He puts his hands on his hips and arches his back forward, stretching his sore body. Again his eyes track back to 'Raven'. "What happened? Where have you been?"
    [AMEN Debrief]

The skyship is incoming now; won't be long until it touches down and the truck can drive in. There's a medical team onboard to start stabilizing the fake Ilpholin immediately, before she can be transported to the clinic.

"Won't be long now. I've asked for the skyship to bring a team of medics that will treat her before she's brought to the clinic. I don't know what the hell happened back there. Did AMEN think they've got the real Ilpholin or were they just fooling us all along? That would be too smart for them by half."
    [ELVES!!!]

Rain looks around approvingly, giving a friendly wink to the bartender when he glances over at the new arrivals.
    "It looks very nice," she says. "I guess right now is not the busiest time, though." She says, looking around at the scant crowd. "It does need something very important, which is just fine," she says, taking on a suddenly mischievous expression, as she grabs her lute, crossing over to an unoccupied table, and sitting on it.
    "Because that something is me, of course." She says, grinning, and giving Anika a broad wink as she starts to play.
    ~~These scars long have yearned for your tender ca-ress~~
    [AMEN Debrief]

Tiffany, at Anika's instruction, gets out of the car. She shakes her head. "No, I don't think so," she says. "That blonde woman put some stuff in, but it's probably all gone now."
    There actually is nothing preventing her from being healed, which is pretty good because it all aches and hurts and feels a little numb now after that whole ride.

"...thanks."

Upon hearing Wenomir's out-loud musings, Tiffany turns her head. "From what I overheard, they actually thought she was the real one, and they had this whole plan where like me they'd experiment on her, but also they frequently took her out to be tortured and other stuff. I think they said once 'the demons' gave her to them?" she asks. "So then what were the demons planning?" This is something she actually wants to know, too. Seriously, why give a fake Ilpholin? Did the demons not know as well, or were they just trying to cover up for their failure, or what did they get out of the deal?

[AMEN Debrief]

Anika pouts at the stag. "It would be super-awkward to heal her in the car, Adir! Besides, we were in such a hurry that I just got into the vroom without thinking." A pause. "Or whatever it's called." She turns back to Tiffany. "But just lean back against metal-cargo and relax, gonna heal you up real good, 'kay?" And with some gestures green colored healing magic starts to swirl around Tiffany and heal her wounds.

Then without waiting she moves on to 'Raven'. "Going to heal you too if that's cool. You don't have any curses, ecetera either, right?"

[Cessie's Office]

The door is opened by one of Cessie's elementals. A humanoid being that seem to share her bodyshape though doesn't have any clear features. This office is newly built and doesn't appear to have become decorated yet. Right now all that's inside is a desk and a single wide window behind it.

Cessie is standing looking out from said window as they enter. "Can I help you with something?" She inquires as she turns to face them. "Oh, Wenomir and Cassandra. I didn't expect you today or I would have brought in chairs. Do you want to go to Wenomir's office instead, or are you fine with standing? I could also try to fetch a few from outside." Or rather, the elemental would.

[ELVES!!!]

"Yeah, it's usually much busier." Anika gestures at the dark corner of the inn, which for some reason has a small table for one. "Even the hooded guy isn't even here today. They're so mysterious. I don't even know what gender they are." She shoots the empty chair an accusing stare.

But her gaze never strays from Rain for too long as the bard brings out her instrument. "Ohh!" The druid exclaims and quickly sits down nearby to listen.

If only knew what she had set in motion now though as Anika would be singing that song to herself the rest of the week. Subjecting innocent VIGIL-members to her horrid singing-voice.

[The Interview (No, not that one)]

Faith can't help but to smile at Lazarus concerns. One second she was talking about eating people and the other she was worried about swearing. "It's fine, people swear." She remarks as she raises her palms. "I told you to speak your mind so don't try to censor yourself. Besides, you're describing an ideal that a lot of people don't try to live up to." The journalist pauses for a moment, tapping her pen against her notebook. "So joining VIGIL was ultimately a way to make you feel like you made the world a better place." She finally summarizes. "Though there were probably many other ways for you to feel like you actively helped the world other than joining VIGIL. So what made you pick that option specifically? I mean, I'm what some might consider the downsides of joining such a famous organization. The fact that you suddenly get public attention. There must have been some thought process regarding all the pros and cons of entering the spotlight like this."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie's Office]

"Fetching some chairs would be easier than going to my office," Wenomir decides. Hopefully Cass doesn't become too curious about the state of Cessie's office, as Wenomir suspects the latter would rather not speak of having had to burn it to the ground. "Cassandra... knows where to find the souls. It won't be easy, but at least we know where to look." He looks to the elf, letting her elaborate.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground

[It's time to Duel!]

At some point, Ith ought to get a map of this place to actually figure out where she's going whenever she comes here, since at the current rate she's going, she's going to end up as Intersection's de-facto liaision with Vigil.

As it is, the angel arrives in robes rather than uniform, and just takes to wandering around until she bumps into someone appropriate.

Which, in this case, is a certain purple elf druid. "Oh, hey! Hey there! It was Anika, right?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #22

[It's time to Duel!]

Oh crap!

Anika quickly hides by stepping back around the corner she just came out of only to realize that it was far too late once your nemisis had already called out your name. Now she just looked silly.

The druid pokes her head back out. "What are you doing here you... harpy? Last time you came here you sure were screaming like one!" She points at the angel accusingly.

23. - Top - End - #23

It’s Time to Duel!

Anika isn’t alone here - it seems Blanche was tagging along for whatever sorta wall or errand the druid is embarking on, clad in casual clothes for once. She’s left stumbling back in plain view as her companion flees around a corner, before looking between the two with slight confusion. That is, until she comes to a realization with a very unfriendly look.

“Hey, you can go clear right the [caress] off! If you wanna chew her out again, you’re going to have to take it up with me!”
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-01-02 at 06:09 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

24. - Top - End - #24

[It's Time to Duel!]

Ithuriel looks up at the elf.

And then down at the catgirl.

Initial confusion gives way to folded arms and a rather unimpressed frown.

"I don't know you and I have no quarrel with you." She says, looking at Blanche, before locking eyes with Anika. "And I didn't think I had a quarrel with you either. Sure, your behaviour in Inside was a little concerning but I didn't think I'd done anything to warrant that kind of reaction from you. I was just looking for some help, but I guess it was a mistake thinking to ask you for assistance!"

While speaking, Ithuriel slowly walks forward, reaching out with one hand to try and gently but rather casually push Blanche aside - Blanche may be surprised by the considerable amount of force Ithuriel can put behind such a simple gesture, if she tries to resist being pushed out of the way.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

25. - Top - End - #25

[It's Time to Duel!]

Anika gives Blanche a glare, this was her concern! Now they had ganged up on her like a wolf-pack and the angel was fleeing.

Fleeing forward that is.

"Hey! You were rude to me first!" She protests while deciding to follow Ithuriel. "I still have no idea what your problem with me is since you never told me anything. Beyond screaming at me when I tried to heal you that is. So now's your chance, tell me why I'm so 'concerning'." Anika will attempt to move ahead of the angel and stop in front of her, folding up her arms just like Ithuriel did a moment ago.

26. - Top - End - #26

It’s Time to Duel!

”Ah- hey!” Blanche protests very strongly as she is pushed aside, but is temporarily stunned and slightly distracted by just how forcefully and yet effortlessly she is pushed aside. She reaches out to grab Ithuriel by the arm to halt her, but lets go and steps back once she notices the look Anika gives her.

”I-I’ll be here if you need me, just say the word. she asserts, emphasizing her offer with a piercing glare towards Ithuriel before stepping back behind Anika to give the pair some space
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

27. - Top - End - #27

[It's Time to Duel!]

"Well, you struck me as a little reckless when we first met, and I was worried you might not have paid full attention to my instructions." Ithuriel states quite calmly, stopping as Anika moves in front of her and narrowing her eyes, one hand subconsciously shaking Blanche off when she tries to grab Ithuriel.

The calmness vanishes a moment later as her voice takes on a somewhat sharper tone and her wings flare out slightly, radiating a golden glow around her. "And now I can see that you absolutely are a short-tempered hot head who apparently likes to pick fights with people." She frowns and tilts her head, resting her chin on one hand thoughtfully. "What is it, do I intimidate you or something? Do you feel a need to push around anyone who doesn't look up to you like she does?" She asks, glancing at Blanche again. "Because I haven't done anything to remotely justify you losing your **** at me like this!"

28. - Top - End - #28

[AMEN Debrief]

Adir looks at Wenomir seriously. "...Look, I haven't tangled with these people as much as you, but I know underestimating crazy people is a mistake. Especially when they're capable of the things AMENites are. Incompetent, sure, whatever. But I think you'd better keep her under guard."

Adir just scans around the circle then while they await the shuttle, finishing the run with Raven as she addresses him. The stag seems a little hurt. Anika is left ignored for the time being, sadly.

"Ilpholin, we were rolling so deep after you ditched me that we were lucky to survive, let alone go after anybody in charge. I had burns on most of my body from covering Cessie. Jezebel was..." Adir actually shudders when he remembers what Jezebel looked like at the end of that bloody day. "I can't fly. I can't do anything about a goddamn skyship, Ilphy. If you had stuck with me and you could, maybe I could have helped, but you didn't want me to participate at all." Adir touches the back of his head.

"I'm sorry if you got hurt," he adds at last. His blue eyes flash especially bright inside the camouflage painted around them, and he seems a little melancholy. He wished a lot of things that day had gone better.

[Spooky Encounters]

Laela looks up at Zee like she's exactly what she is - another of Uncle Wenomirs (or so she's begun to call the scarred warrior, if only wishfully in her mind) strange and mighty superpowered allies. Like Cessie, but mysterious. She talks about fighting skinwalkers - Dad's Halloween stories! - and demons, demons especially, and the little flower headed girl is staring with wide eyes.

Laela points where the strange not-so-little not-girl went for Zee's benefit.

Wenomir receives a text.
    Thank god. We'll be there ASAP
    The 'we' being him and Sakura, of course. He frequently lapses into using 'we' instead of 'I' when talking about his life or his doings, even if the dryad isn't necessarily directly involved.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-01-03 at 09:09 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #29

[It's Time to Duel!]

Anika blinks in the face of that accusation. "I do not!" She loudly protests.
    But hadn't she started to shout at Ithuriel first?

The druid seems to hesitate for a moment under Ithuriel's barrage of angry words. "...you hadn't even seen me in action! I have you know we handled those monsters perfectly so I don't know why you're even complaining. Not to mention going on this angry rant." Bit hypocriotical there... "Everything turned out fine yet I got banned from Inside for no reason. That's why I'm upset! Since your last visit got me banned yet you barely seem to have remembered my name."

30. - Top - End - #30

[It's Time to Duel!]

Ithuriel's accusation earns a still-indignant, yet also confused, arch of the brow. Look up to? Is that what this looks like to her? That can't be right at all! She's just being protective of a good friend! I mean, that's what friends are supposed to be like, right? Maybe this poor, imperious excuse for an angel's never had anyone even remotely close enough to call a friend before. It would certainly explain why she's acting so arrogant and unfriendly here, lashing out so spitefully as if it makes up for any of that.

But that's enough projecting, Blanche has a friend to back up here.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show