New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[Dharmic Emissary]

Guru Mandhati nods his head as he breathes in her chi.

This was not a woman who liked to be questioned. But then, very few of her kind did.

Blue and white whorled about her, or within her - passing through and shifting as her energies blurred into the rest of her office. Her energies tasted of fresh cotton, but also of bitter brew steeped in the brackish waters of nga rgyal. "Improve?" he asks. "Do you feel you are qualified to so boldly pass judgement upon your fellow man?" He raises a brow, somewhat concerned with that statement.

"It is my understanding that you are not alone in believing yourself capable of doing so." He taps two fingers against his chin once more, searching for a name which came to him while deep in meditation.

"Wenomir," he states, "is his name." Yes, that was it. The name spoken of in prose by the worms of the wet earth.

"Is he much like you, Mithar?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-09-07 at 10:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dharmic Emissary]

The sorceress looks at him blankly for a moment. Just what was he on about? This was just confusing.
    "Well..." Cessie starts, giving herself a moment to gather her thoughts. A part of her just wanted to send this weird man packing but she had to be better than that.
    An answer then came to her. "Erm, it's not like I believe myself more capable of it than anyone else but we're social beings and we learn from one another. That's how society works. You're learning from me right now and I believe that was the reason you came here, was it not? So in a way I've already 'improved' you as when you will leave here with a greater understanding than when you came." She attempts to explain, taking a deep breath as she finishes the sentence. "All I can offer is a different perspective, a second opinion if you will." She makes a circular motion with her hand. "I mean, they are encouraged to give me feedback as well during these talks so I can improve and I don't see anything wrong with taking others feedback."

A pause. "As... as for Wenomir, would you mind telling me what the purpose of these questions are first, sir?"

[A Bird in the Hand]

When Anika was done being her exuberant self for the day she went right into her room and collapsed into bed, sleeping for nearly 10 hours.
    However, as soon as Lapis nears her room the door is slammed open. "WHAT?!"
    Anika is still in her underwear (she remembered to take off her clothes before going to bed this time at least) and her hair is a mess, but she was up!
    "THE BIRD!" Anika first laughs loudly and then claps her hands as she jumps up and down in excitement. "You did it, Lapis! You caught it!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-09-08 at 01:57 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dharmic Emissary]

Guru Mandhati squints back in response.

"Is that so?" he asks, a small smile upon his face. "Hm."

"No, I do not believe so." The enormous man glances to his right, fixating upon a nearby lamp. "Let us look to the lantern, my lady." He takes a small breath before explaining further, a sly look in his eye. "Do you think I would 'improve' upon this lantern, were I to explain to it the life cycle of the humble cricket?" He shakes his head, chuckling somewhat. "No, that would be silly, would it not?" His expression hardens in an instant. "Understanding comes from within, never from the outside. It is a choice, you see."

Mandhati raises a hairy finger now. "A person is as they are, there is no improvement to be made - understanding comes only through acceptance."

"To assert otherwise is to choke upon the sword of samudaya."
    He nods gravely before continuing.

"I have been away many a year, my lady." This was not an explanation.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dharmic Emissary]

Cessie raises an eyebrow. But she seems relieved. Perhaps this had just been a misunderstanding.
    "Oh. Well. I think we're talking about two different things here. Erm, as you said, learning comes through acceptance but a person can't be improved in that sense. However, they can learn to improve their performance. Specifically, the performance to protect the nexus, and all other worlds, from threats. I'm not sure what word I'd use, but this is all about practicality. I think we're just using different definitions of the word 'improve'."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-09-08 at 02:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dharmic Emissary]

The enormous man nods, deep in thought.

It is quite clear that he is very much invested in what Cessie has to say.

"You speak in half measures, my lady." That was it, the issue he had been struggling to put his finger on. "It is not enough to strive to do good." He attempts to more clearly paint his point of view. "You will, or you will not. The answer is written in the stars, penned in your own hand." Guru Mandhati was speaking of karma, the dharmic cycle of rebirth. Virtuous actions driven by virtuous intentions always resulted in positive karmaphala. One's success is predetermined, yet not at the hands of a creator, but your very own.

At this, he bows his head low. "I will see the five blades broken before me, and when I am done, I will drink freely of a world unpoisoned."

"I believe we are one in this regard, which is as a great relief."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-09-08 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.