Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1187
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ambrosia certainly seem to consider her book important the way she holds it pressed against her side. The armor is especially unusual though considering she likely isn't planning to use it.

Perhaps it's just ceremonial? Though it still didn't explain why she wore it here.

She too extends her armored hand and shakes his. "Ambrosia Ithil, scholar. I sometimes advise VIGIL in certain matters." She eyes the fallen dummy. "I'm not familiar with the technology you're using though I must admit. I mainly study, ah, what I think you'd call 'metaphysical' matters, though with far more practical applications. Mainly spirits and how they are able to influence the world around them. Think cultural concepts rather than natural rules."

[Newcomer]

Anika chuckles. "Nah, I don't decide anything around here."

As he takes out the bag of powder it immediately catches her attention. That was a lot of herbs, probably not as strong as her cousin made or he wouldn't have brought it here but a lot nonetheless.

"But could I still take some? I'd put in a good word!" She claims and if allowed will take the offered paper while humming to herself.
    She almost puts it in her mouth right away but almost spits it out when he mentions druidism.

She takes out the cigarette for a moment as her mouth now refuses to be closed. "Holy tits, you're a druid too?!" A beat. "And a mage?! Like a... shaman! Are your devices like totems? Do you call them that?" Anika didn't know too much about shamans but what he had just said seemed to perfectly fit into what she knew about them.

"Can you show me one? I can tell if they're a totem or not!" She claims confidently, after all, she had been allowed to closely inspect the totems of one of her best friends.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-07-30 at 12:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilphirmary]

Cessie has to gently and discreetly elbow Anika in the side to remind her to not burst out laughing entirely. Well attempts to anyways. It might just backfire and tickle her side and make things worse. Adir's question seems perfectly reasonable and not at all calling Cessie out. So Cessie responds appropriately. "That's correct. She's waiting for you in the gym."
    The stag looks between the women. Well, Ilphy covered that pretty well, and he doesn't know she can do this yet. So he just sort of... awkwardly shuffles around Anika and 'Cessie'. He doesn't know the story with them holding hands, and he doesn't wanna. "Kaaay... back in a bit then, ladies..." He and Ilphy really do need to talk.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1143

[Outside Training Grounds]

It was, in fact, not a lie. After all, Svetlana didn't ask her if she had any mind control spells, only if there were any that Svetlana need to know about. So, Awen answered truthfully.
    Besides, most mind-controlling magic aren't even close to being dark magic, especially considering other things she can do.

"I...have rarely gone out." So, does she go out drinking? No, she's too self-conscious about it to go out as herself.

[Medical Facility]

"O-of course I do!" Obsidian says immediately.

They taste different well, sometimes they do but that's not a guarantee, she thinks.

Instead, Obsidian says, "If they fight back and don't want to be eaten, that means they're people, right?"
    She continues. "Like, if you go to a bar or something sometimes people are eating animals." If they didn't want to get eaten, then why would they get sold as food?

See? Obviously she knows the difference.

[Formerly Medical Facility 2, now somewhere else, Lab Maybe?]

Because of the overdose, Obsidian's blood pressure was extraordinarily low. Along with her heart rate, of course.

Fortunately, spiking her blood pressure is actually a good thing, and bringing it back to normal pressure is also a good thing.
    Good!
    Keep on doing things that will keep her from dying. After all, her dying would actually be pretty bad optics for everyone involved.
    It's also good that those other nurses have been treating her, too.

. . .

Assuming the adrenaline is put in, and she has already been given the tranquilizer antidote, it's possible she'll wake up.
    . . . . .
    After a few too-long moments, of course.
    At that point, her eyes flutter open.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

Maybe the armor was some kind of religious thing. Maybe she was just weird? Ah, it didn't really matter - Val didn't judge. "Wow, you got, uhh - quite a grip there, ha." He was absolutely not a fan of how that metal felt against him. Armor was such a drag, barrier clips were way less cumbersome! "Yeah? Well, uhh - pleased to meet you and all. Can I offer you a biscuit? Perhaps a bit of coffee?"

Dr. Valiance shuffles back to his desk, reaching for a plate of half-eaten biscuits. "Little chocolate chips in there. It's the good stuff."

--

At this point, he'll pull up a chair for Ambrosia as well.

Best be polite!

"Metaphysical. Do you mean... the supernatural? Like, uhhh - ghosts?!"

[MEDLAB II]

Oops, too late to decide.

Looks like she was waking up after all.

--

Once Obsidian stirs back to consciousness, Dr. Valiance will release the hardlight shackles binding her to the operating table.

For her safety, of course.

"Hey, so... how ya feeling, champ?"
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 2020-07-30 at 10:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lab - Obsidian]

Since Valiance's in charge of the controls, Svetlana busies herself by analyzing whatever readouts are being produced by any machines close by, supplemented by her very own cybernetic scanners in order to monitor the girl's vitals.

She doesn't like what she sees. Her blood pressure and heart rate being so extraordinarily low confirms that she overdosed on the tranquilizer that her associate gave Obsidian. Her lips purse when Val lies as to the purpose of the first injection, but she doesn't say anything because of the beneficial effect it has. Hypertension, while dangerous, is much more preferable to hypotension. The next one he injects helps restore her to normal and rectify her blood pressure, also very good.

Of course, the readouts said nothing of her initial hypotensive state, so the doctors will be none the wiser.

Then it's time to restore Obsidian to consciousness, and Dr Tanaka cares more about the dragon's wellbeing than any samples they could extract from her. "Why would I be? Let us awaken her and ensure her wellbeing."

And then, after an agonizingly long momeent, Obsidian's eyes flutter open, and Svetlana lets go of a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Oh, thank you, Kami-sama." She rushes to the girl's side and clasps one of her hands in hers. Her face is a picture of genuine concern and worry. "Obsidian-chan? How are you feeling?"

[Outside Training Grounds]

How pragmatic of Awen!

"You do not go out? Why?" Svetlana's curious, although she has some idea why. Awen seems the type that likes keeping to herself, easily embarrassed too. Maybe... "Is it because of your hair?"
    Last edited by Meltdowner; 2020-07-31 at 03:22 AM.

PCs: Asher | Zara | Shuyoru | Svetlana | Chidi | Karasu
    BG-PC: Malediction | Rosie (One Piece)

6. - Top - End - #1146

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ambrosia holds up her palm and smiles gently. "I'm fine, thank you. I ate before I came here."

She then takes a seat in the offered chair. The way she simply sits down suggests that her armor isn't hindering her movements in any significant way. "Ghosts? In part, yes." He can almost see her entering lecture mode here, the information just waiting to be unleashed at unsuspecting victims.

"But they're honestly not that prominent. What's usually called 'ghosts' are in reality simply the mental concepts of a person that linger for a while after death. But it isn't more unusual than the corpse itself, it just takes a while for it to decompose.
    See, the metaphysical world mirrors the physical world to a large degree. So just like the body the metaphysical self starts to break down after death and is effectively no longer the living person anymore. It could be mistaken for it, just like if you saw someone right after death you might think they were still alive.

But as time passes metaphysical decay sets in and all the bits of pieces of our personality start to break apart and become less and less recognizable as a person. Like the corpse turn into earth, the self is also absorbed by nature. Turning into all sort of nature spirits, or 'kami' as they're called."

She pauses her lecture for a moment, perhaps realizing that she kinda went off on a tangent there. "Erm, but there's a point here I wanted to raise. See, as the metaphysical mirrors the physical, you too in a way manipulate the metaphysical world with your experiments here. I've actually seen this even being taken advantage of in some forms of technology."

[MEDLAB II]

Cessie won't say a word for now, waiting for Obsidian to truly recover before starting to throw even more questions at her.
    She was still quite concerned though, she should have stopped whatever Val and Svetlana had been doing before they nearly killed the poor girl.

7. - Top - End - #1147

[Newcomer]

Atreyu lets out a laugh, with a hint of a bark to it, amused by Anika's rather enthusiastic reaction. "Help yerself, on the sole condition that you don't put in a good word 'cos of that. I ain't in the business of buying my way through life, be it with money or favours." He fumbles about in another pocket for a moment, pulling out a small square contraption. It has a brassy metal lid with a catch, and a rather elegant golden frame around a clear glassy container, within which a tiny roiling flame swirls about. "Pocket elemental. Don't think most folk'd call it much of a totem. You flick the lid, an'-" he demonstrates, flicking the lid back to reveal a small nozzle through which a tiny flame sprouts forth. "Useful fer lightin' all sortsa things. Not least of which bein' euphoric."

He offers it out for Anika to light hers from. "Go ahead. Ah, unless you were wantin' to save it fer later." He seems generally quite laidback, about most things. "Ah wouldn't go callin' myself a mage or a shaman though. Just druidism. Bein' in touch with nature...in my own way."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Island Surface]

"Aaww... that's sad," Lapis replies dolefully. "Mother explained dying to me. It's the WORST thing. I wish mortals didn't do that. Some mean people say it's what you're best at but they're jerks."

A putti in the tutorial had told her that.

Lapis had told him that he was wrong and stupid.

"I hope you get to see your other friends again, eventually. They sound like nice people ever if they got mad at each other."

Thankfully Lapis hasn't had much experience yet with being mad at her friends.

But that'll probably happen, eventually.

Hopefully they don't get so mad that they don't want to see her anymore.

That would be the worst.
    [Island Surface]

"They're good folks. It's just been a trying time for all of us," Emily says simply, "I don't like it, but that's how it goes sometimes. All we can do is move on and hope things get better," Lapis may realize that Emily is paraphrasing the words said by someone else, a small comfort in a sea of anguish, "The loss of someone so close hurts hard, and everybody is dealing with it in different ways. It doesn't help that it was a slow, wasting death we were waiting for for months."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Island Surface]

Emily will get this odd sensation that the weird little cervine dragon is looking right through her.

"He wasn't just your friend," Lapis says after a few seconds of silent. "You loved him."

The hulking woman may be surprised by how quickly she suddenly has a little girl hugging her ankle, eyes misting with tears.

"You loved him so much!"

Oh gosh she's crying now.

"A-and that terrible thing happened to him!"

Lapis looks up at Emily with those watery, childish eyes.

"Why did that have to happen!? It's so sad and terrible!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Island Surface]

Emily nods, and runs a hand along Lapis's hair, "Yes, I've asked that question thousands of times myself. It makes it hurt so much worse when I think of how much I miss him. How much he brightened my days in the time we had together," she says in a quiet, solemn voice. Emily kneels down; she's too large to quite match Lapis's eye level, but it means she won't have to crane her neck up quite so high anymore,"But there's something you learn, when you've been through what I have. People only ever truly die when they fade from your heart," She points a single claws finger to Lapis's chest, and then her forehead "And your mind. So long as you remember the time spent with them, and keep what would make them happy in mind, they can still be a part of your life in some way. He wouldn't want me moping."

11. - Top - End - #1151

[Island Surface]

Lapis snorts, then rubs some snot off her face with her sleeve.

Why does her face leak everywhere when she's sad?

"Why does it have to be that way, though?" Lapis asks. "It isn't fair!"

She has Mother's love for these people. They're all so wonderful and different! She loves it!

But then they die.

And all that's left are memories and what they did.

It isn't fair at all.

"When I get big like Mother," Lapis declares. "I'm going to beat up Death. And then no-one will have to die anymore and their friends won't have to get mad at each other or miss the people they love."

There we go.

Lapis has got it all figured out.

12. - Top - End - #1152

NinjaGuy

[Wenomir's Office]

Electra chuckles for a moment, before giving Wenomir a gentle smile, moving closer to him.

"You and I think alike in a lot of ways," she says, and leans towards him conspiratorially. "I can see why Cass likes you."

She blushes slightly, but doesn't lean back. Her expression shifts, to an apologetic one.

"I think I owe you an apology. I've misjudged you for awhile, but I think I'm starting to see that my initial impression wasn't a true one. For awhile I wasn't sure you were stable, and then....well, like I said. The impression I had wasn't a good one, but it also wasn't really you. It wasn't really fair of me to judge you like that, and I'm sorry."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Island Surface]

Emily can't help but enjoy the little girl's enthusiasm. Some kind of weird eldritch hybrid she may be, but she's got a good heart, "That's why we fight," Emily states gently, the sound of a smile in her voice. Kids like this are truly the hope of the future, "To strive for the best of all futures, and mark the road for those that follow. You're living proof of that concept. So," Emily tilts the little girl's chin up slightly to look at her, "Learn. Understand. In knowledge, true understanding, comes the ability to grasp the future, and bend it to your will. I suspect you have a better idea of how it works than most do. And never forget that even should a spark fade its beauty is something to be inspired by, to take inspiration from, and hold close to your heart."

They're words that have kept her going a long time now. He won't be forgotten, and his legacy will be honored. Emily stands up to her full height, "And it's something I should really speak to the commanders here about. I'd like to join Vigil."
    Last edited by Halae; 2020-08-01 at 01:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

Val's response is swift. He's passionate - quick on the draw when it comes to biscuits. "I mean, yeah. You ate, maybe. But you didn't eat these! I'm telling you, you won't wanna miss this stuff, baby. I spent like, six months trying to come up with the best possible ratio of chocolate to biscuit, so." He reaches for the plate as he reclines, crossing his legs. As Ambrosia continues, he'll listen intently. However, he also takes this time to stuff his face with biscuit.
    It's all in his beard. Classy stuff.

When she's done explaining what she meant, Val nods and sets the plate back atop his computer desk.
    Then, he'll lean forward, fingers pressed against one another. "Okay, so - I have some thoughts. First off, that's cool as hell."

"Extremely cool."

"Secondly, uhh - I have a question. Are you a ghost? You can tell me. I won't tell anyone."

[MEDLAB II]

Like Cessie, Val remains quiet.

He was already just barely skidding by. Don't make things worse, moron.

15. - Top - End - #1155

[MEDLAB II]

Obsidian looks over at Svetlana. Which is this again? she wonders. "Why do all of you have to look so similar?" she asks. Her voice is a little weak, for various reasons.

She tries to get off the labtable and stand.
    'Tries' because one of her legs gives out for a moment before she catches herself. "And why is the ground so strong," she complains.

Oh wait! She remembers where she is! She was in that hospital place. She touches the blood on her head. And then she must've fallen again. Somehow. Weird. She wasn't climbing a tree or cliff or house or anything. Maybe? Maybe she was? How else would she explain that injury? She looks around at all the dead machines around her. Um...yeah. Still disgusting. Luckily there's people around so it's not that bad.
    Then, Obsidian suddenly becomes retroactively embarrassed. Looking at the people closest to her, she whispers, "Hey. That other dragon guy wasn't there, right? He didn't see what happened? That would have been sooooo embarrassing, please tell me he didn't come back."

[Outside the Training Grounds]

"W-what?" Her hair? What does that have to do with it? "Well...yes, it is really hard to make it not look like a mess," she admits.

Plus, self-conscious. Doesn't like being center of attention. Her skin. Her fingers. The way her fox tricked her into thinking everyone else could hear it for years and so people knew her as that girl who talks to herself. And so on.

"B-but also, going out is how I lost my hand." She doesn't elaborate.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The stag looks between the women. Well, Ilphy covered that pretty well, and he doesn't know she can do this yet. So he just sort of... awkwardly shuffles around Anika and 'Cessie'. He doesn't know the story with them holding hands, and he doesn't wanna. "Kaaay... back in a bit then, ladies..." He and Ilphy really do need to talk.
    [Ilphirmary's Future]

Cessie nods to Adir and allows him to pass and admittedly has to hold in her own giggles until he's gone but maybe not out of earshot before she breaks down herself.

"Did you see how confused he was?" She asks Anika, grinning wildly at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The woman’s eyebrows rise up in surprise as Kal casually mentions Anika’s name. How- how did he know? Have her affections been that obvious?

The fact that Kal might’ve seen what room she had left certainly hadn’t occurred to her.

”Eh, well, that’s mostly what I’m unsure of? I know that she’s pretty damn energetic, and I think she might be a bit competitive too? Dunno if there’s any sorta sports she or games likes specifically though.” A beat. “I did offer to teach her to shoot earlier too, not sure how good of a thing that might be for a date though.”
    [the battered shield]

Kal nods.

"Energetic is a good starting point. You might not know what kind of sports specifically she likes, but something sporty is probably a good idea,"
    he says. "She's a druid, isn't she? All into naturey kind of stuff? Maybe you can take her out to a trail somewhere or do some climbing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #1158

[Ilphirmary's Future]

Anika just manages to keep a straight face herself until Adir passes, then she breaks down in giggles as well. "That was so good. You could have told him to kiss him and he'd think miss C meant it. You're great at this."
    She slowly glances in the direction Adir went. "So what now?" The druid inquires with a smile.

[A Scholarly Visit]

'Baby'?
    The scholar chuckles. "I'm afraid not. Just someone who happens to know about them." She raises an eyebrow. "But what about you then Dr. Valiance? You seem to have a certain fascination with ghosts. I have heard that some scientists use them to charge machines" She grins. "You know, 'ghost in the machine'?" Was that a joke? "Perhaps you've heard of it. It is true to an extent actually, spirits can be used to animate objects as long as they're linked to them somehow. Much like possession if you're familiar with the concept." A pause as she recalls something. "Who were you speaking to while doing research by the way? An artificial intelligence? Since a spirit possessing an object would be much like it."

[Newcomer]

"Ha! Preach it, brother. Getting through life that way just means you're gonna embarrass yourself. It ain't right." She remarks as she chuckles along with him.
    Her eyes then dart to his hands as he takes out what some would call a lighter.
    "Oh gosh." She gushes as she bends down. Nearly poking her nose into the device as she seems captivated by its flame. "A cute little mini-totem. I've never seen anything like it before."
    The druid eyes him for a moment while holding up her cigarette, though doesn't light it just yet. "Does it have a name? One of my friends always name his elementals." Then she actually puts the little paper to the flame and takes a deep smoke. While her player don't know anything about it, Anika seems to have done this before.
    Normal cigars didn't do much for her, she preferred the stronger stuff that didn't make her cough. Though she didn't expect this one to be as strong as her usual stuff.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-01 at 09:27 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Pixie in the Playground

[MEDLAB II]

Really, Obsidian? The woman with cybernetic markings all over her body and electronic eyes looks just like everyone else?

Svetlana looks very relieved, and helps Obsidian off the table. "Careful now, Obsidian-chan." She says, an arm around the girl until she can take a few steps without falling over. "Yokata... I mean, I'm glad." Thank goodness that she woke up, she doesn't know what she'd have done if it all went sideways, and it's all she can do to keep from hugging the girl.

Svetlana's pretty close to her at this moment, and thus can confirm that there were no other dragons nearby. "I have not met any dragon guys. You will have to introduce him to me, sometime. As I have said, I like dragons. Can you walk, Obsidian-chan?"

She shoots a glance at Cessie, pointedly ignoring Dr. Valiance. She fully expects him to throw her under the bus to save his own skin when Cessie addresses them, at this point. She'd expect nothing less from a pathological liar. Even though his actions may have done a little to salvage the situation, admittedly...

"Oh? Might I inquire as to how exactly that happened?" Svetlana looks and sounds concerned, much like some sort of big sister. "What if I promised to try my hardest to prevent such an occurrence from happening? We do not have to depart VIGIL, even, there is an establishment on the premises where we could enjoy a drink, or several."
    Last edited by Meltdowner; 2020-08-01 at 08:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1160

[Newcomer]

"Ah, naw, that's the point, see. We build the things using non-sapient elementals. It's raw elemental force given form, but no intelligence. Used to be some fey that did big things with 'em. Went badly. We learned the lesson from them on where to draw the line. It'd be, ah-" Atreyu scratches his chin for a moment, thinking of a comparison, "Like if y'named your fireplace."

Maybe not the best comparison, but it'll have to do.

Strength is subjective. Euphoric has a mild, faintly fruity flavour to it, in contrast to its herbal scent, but the aroma from the smoke it gives off has a very noticeable effect when inhaled directly.

Imagine everything that brings a smile to your face. All the peaceful, relaxing things in life that just naturally make you happy. That's what euphoric does, you just can't help but relax, and smile. It can often lead to associative thoughts, conjuring up mental images of all those things that make you happy, but that's a product of the imagination of the user rather than anything it directly does.

What that means for Anika, who knows? Does she think happy thoughts of running through the forest as a bear? Do old thoughts of home surface? Or maybe there's nothing in particular that comes to mind, and it just makes her happy.

"Ain't ever heard anyone call a lighter a totem before though. Never paid much attention to that side of things, mind, but I always thought totems were a more spiritual kinda thing." He flips the lighter shut and pockets it again. "Hey, if it ain't too personal a thing to ask, y'mind telling me exactly what y'are? Never seen a giant purple lady back home. 'nother new experience fer the list, here."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Office]

Wenomir blinks, not quite surprised but still somewhat perplexed. She can see why Cassandra likes him? It seems that his suspicion about why she wanted to talk to him in private is at least partly true.

"I wasn't at my best when we first met," he admits. "Not knowing what had happened to Kr was eating me from the inside. Now that I do know, it's a weight off my mind. So, apology accepted, but I know why you might not have thought highly of me the time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Ilphirmary's Future]

Anika just manages to keep a straight face herself until Adir passes, then she breaks down in giggles as well. "That was so good. You could have told him to kiss him and he'd think miss C meant it. You're great at this."
    She slowly glances in the direction Adir went. "So what now?" The druid inquires with a smile.
    [Ilphirmary's Future]

Cessie grins a bit before it fades and she rubs the back of her neck. "Now? Now, I guess I'd better go talk to him. Keeping someone waiting is more annoying than funny." There wasn't too much more they could add to the prank anyways without it falling back on Cessie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [the battered shield]

Kal nods.

"Energetic is a good starting point. You might not know what kind of sports specifically she likes, but something sporty is probably a good idea,"
    he says. "She's a druid, isn't she? All into naturey kind of stuff? Maybe you can take her out to a trail somewhere or do some climbing."
    The Battered Shield

Blanche blinks. Why didn't she think of that before? "I haven't done much of that sorta thing myself either, maybe that'll make it even more fun for her," she remarks as their drinks arrive. After all, she's teaching Anika how to shoot, and it's been great fun - if a little frustrating at times. "We er, actually did go out to Seaside a few weeks back together - before, well, y'know. Getting to explore the island and visit the moonwell was fun. And I guess we can, um, spend some time together on our next mission." A pink glow rises in her cheeks.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

Just a phrase, it seems.
    Dr. Valiance seems almost disappointed with her answer. Meeting a ghost would have been pretty cool. This one, at least. Seemed harmless enough, right? "Aw, well - you know. I've a keen interest in all kinds of stuff. Highbrow stuff, baby. I could teach things." Statements which likely did not inspire much confidence. "Ghost in the machine?" That wasn't what that phrase meant, but Val preferred this interpretation. "You know what, yeah. It means ghosts. Haunted as all hell. Pretty spooky. But, uhh - nah, can't say ghosts are a focus here at VIGIL labs."

"With enough funding, though..."
    He mulls something over. Then he pauses. Wait, she completely ignored his biscuit rant, didn't she? He hadn't even caught that! Damn, she's good. "Oh, you mean DAHL? You're exactly right! Uhh, he's not super sociable, so don't feel bad if he doesn't say hi."

"He's definitely watching though, so. Wave to the cameras, I guess?"

25. - Top - End - #1165

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ambrosia smiles and waves at the camera. "Greetings, DAHL. A pleasure to meet you." She then politely nods in the same direction before turning back to Val. "But then I should introduce my assistant as well then. Echo, say 'hi'." Ambrosia gestures at the doctor and then lets go of her tome.

But instead of simply dropping to the floor the book slowly floats down like a falling feather and opens itself up on a empty page. A feather pen then jumps out from somewhere on the scholar's person and animates. Starting to fill the empty page with letters without any apparent source of ink.

"HI"

Ambrosia nods to the tome. "It's one of those spirits I mentioned. Echo is a bit more advanced than your usual spirit however. Probably comparable to DAHL in some ways. They help me taking notes and keeping them organized among other things."

[Newcomer]

The druid takes a moment to simply enjoy the taste and the feeling it brings. It does seem to give her a sense of calm as she seem to take an unusual amount of time before replying. Her words coming in a more relaxed pace.
    "My friends elementals weren't sentient either, y'know?." Anika points out before taking another, though much quicker, smoke. "But it wasn't like he was seen as crazy or anything like that as you always ran into others who had named their bow or sword." She gestures at one of the air-ships. "Ships too have names where I'm from. Makes them distinguish themselves from one another don't you think? Gives them a bit more of a personality." The druid looks out in the distance for a moment while taking another sip of the drug.
    "But I guess the elementals at home are more spiritual in that case. But druidism is totally spiritual, unless they're completely different from where you're from." That idea of so completely different type seems rather strange to her judging by her expression. Just mentioning it makes her both eyebrow raise in confusion.

"Anyway, I'm a kaldo'rei." A beat. "Though I guess people often call us 'night elves' which I think is weird. We're nothing like the 'elves' you see around this place, that's for sure. Guess it must be the ears." She gestures at her, well, abnormally long ears. "The night part is confusing too since it's not like we sleep while it's daytime or anything."

[Ilphirmary's Future]

"Oh yeah." A beat. "Do you want me to be there or do you want it to be more private? Since I can totally stay here and help my sister." She gestures at the medical facility before them.

It wasn't something she was thrilled about but she suspected that Ilpholin and Adir needed some time alone to talk things over.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-02 at 06:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166

[Newcomer]

"Ah, thought y'kinda looked a bit elfy. Taller, n' your ears are a little more, ah, elongated." There's an attempt to phrase that politely. Folks can sometimes be a little sensitive about things. "An' that's fair. Jes' feels a bit weird to name yer lighter. I suppose there's no harm in it though." He rubs the back of his head, fumbling for an explanation for a moment. "Just, ah, not to put too fine a point on it, but these fey made giant living things fused of metal an' elemental, all kindsa crazy things, and s'pposedly once kinda almost destroyed the world. Makes folks in the know a little cautious 'bout not doin' the same thing again. And folks not in the know prolly ain't aware their little trinkets got tiny elementals in them. So I guess I'm maybe a little skittish 'bout names, if that makes sense."

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But Atreyu's clearly at least a little embarrassed to acknowledge there's a bit of a superstition to his actions. Fey and names are a bit of a spooky combination to begin with, so when playing about with magitek inherited from fey, naming things starts feeling a little dangerous.

"Ah, sorry, where was I? Kaldo'rei sounds like a much better name'n giant purple night elf, I reckon. An' I get whatcha mean, I think, all mah teachings in druidism were pretty spiritual. I just ain't exactly a typical druid. Got hold of the practical side of things. Don't feel like I'm much in tune with the spirits of nature an' all that, but the magic still seems to work just fine. Not been much need for the actual communin' with the spirits part while my dad's around, and I'm pretty sure he's immortal." He shrugs. He's well aware he doesn't fit the bill for a typical druid, but it's never been a big issue for him, he's good enough for what he needs to do and that's fine. "Sounds like you know a fair bit about it yerself. You a druid too, then?"

27. - Top - End - #1167

[Island Surface]

Gaze lifted skyward, Lapis smiles up at Emily.

"I'll remember all those things! They're great words I love them!" she replies exuberantly. "The leaders have their own special cabin thingies this way c'mon! They love having new people join VIGIL there are so many important jobs to do so its great that lots of people want to help. Usually new people do a sparring thing so the commanders know what kind of stuff they know how to do when it's time to stomp on bad-guys so you'll probably have to do that."

And maybe fill out boring paper work maybe?

Filling out papers is dumb but important maybe so they know what kind of blood to put in someone if they get stabbed.

Regardless, Lapis is now heading toward the-

[Commander's Villa]

"They've never had me do the initiation sparring with anyone before but I really want to since Commander Wenomir has been teaching me to be better at swords. I've spent relics and everything on the traits so I'm way better at swording than I was before! I even bought TWO swording perks!"

It's called fencing, Lapis.

She would object to this, of course.

They don't fight with fences they fight with swords.

It's dumb name.

"One of the putti in the tutorial told me that sword perks are stupid and to get gun perks instead but he was a jerk so nyeh!" she says, sticking out her tongue at the memory of the mean celestial.
    "Swords are cooler."

28. - Top - End - #1168

"Saved a girl. Lost a hand in exchange. That's it." That's the whole story.

No point in elaborating, because there really isn't anything to elaborate on.

[MEDLAB Ii]

Why would anyone ever pay attention to the markings on someone's body or their eyes?!?

"Of course I can walk," Obsidian says. She tests her leg by stamping on the ground a few times. Okay, good.
    So.
    She takes a few more steps. "I mean, obviously I can. Even hatchlings-" She starts coughing. And coughs a bit more. Okay, good. Done coughing. "-can walk."

Obsidian looks around, looking for the exit. And then starts to go that way. "Okay! I've done everything I wanted to do here, so."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Pixie in the Playground

Svetlana can see that Awen isn't being too responsive, and once again ignored part of her words in favour of other parts, which is starting to get a bit frustrating. Her extremely short story is admirable, though. "You sacrificed your arm in order to save a girl, that is admirable, Awen-chan." She nods and smiles.

However, it would seem that Awen wants to be left alone for now, and she's confirmed that the witch's fine... so, Svetlana sits there in silence for a few minutes before getting up. "I must go and find Electra-sama." She places an arm on Awen's shoulder, a bit fondly. Obviously she likes the witch, even if that's almost entirely one-sided at this point, it seems. "Consider my offer of a drink, eh?"

Then she leaves to find Electra.

Finding out that she's busy with Wenomir, she decides to hang around the area while keeping herself doing something else. Perhaps she'll continue to meditate.

[MEDLAB Ii]

"Excellent!" Dr Tanaka says, and after ensuring that Obsidian isn't just trying to be strong, lets the girl go. She composes herself and stands up straight, hands folded with a smile on her face. "You may depart, then."

She would have said something about getting samples, but if she recalls correctly, they were aiming to get said samples whilst she looked like a dragon. However, her insistence that she's still a dragon (albeit one with a human shape) tells her it's highly possible any more samples would just be the same. Perhaps it's a better bet to get someone to disenchant the samples. Cessie, for instance.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Ilphirmary's Future]

"Oh yeah." A beat. "Do you want me to be there or do you want it to be more private? Since I can totally stay here and help my sister." She gestures at the medical facility before them.

It wasn't something she was thrilled about but she suspected that Ilpholin and Adir needed some time alone to talk things over.
    [Ilphirmary's Future]

"Ehh... I dunno. He's the one who wanted to talk." Cessie pouts. "But it's probably just going to be more stubborn yelling. And I'd hate for you to see my bad side." More of it at any rate.

"I'd better just go deal with it. Good luck with your sister." Although no one requires Anika to help her sister if she doesn't want to. Reluctantly, she turns to head back towards the gym.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast