Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

VIGIL - Cessie's Office

Oh, some confusion, perhaps! "Oh no, I try not to be pushy! I mean more, the terms of the aforementioned peer review. I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with such a person prior to proceeding with the review itself, to really get a good feel for them. I find review more helpful that way." Dr. Valiance nods knowingly as Cessie continues. Have a look around the base? Hm, this was moving along quite nicely. Already given a chance to inspect the barracks? Things must have gone fairly well! Way better than last time; no arrests! With a smile, Nicodemus rubs his hands together. "Oh, I'd love to take a look around the place. Really get in there!"

"Perhaps one of your people could give me a proper tour of the place?"

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Training Grounds - Demonstration

Blanche will arrive fairly promptly in her armor, a duffel bag slung over her shoulder - she was already making her way to the training grounds before the announcement, having taken a couple futuristic-looking firearms out on loan from the VIGIL armory.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Arena]

Svetlana shakes her head as well, sighing. "Hai, that is the worst. I'm so glad we share some common ground, sensei." She adds, smiling.

She nods a single determined nod when she's told what to prepare in order to fight demons. "Would coating a weapon in silver work, sensei?" She asks, already thinking of some ideas. "Do they have tactics, or do they just rush their targets?"

PCs: Asher | Zara | Shuyoru | Svetlana | Chidi | Karasu
    BG-PC: Ezra (Vampyr) | Rosie (Inside-dweller)

4. - Top - End - #484

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Lending Awen a Hand]

Awen looks at the things.
    "So...grabbing exercises, holding exercises, and seeing if I can feel things right?" she guesses, looking at them.

She nods. She's fine with resting.
    She probably needs it, anyway.

The witch tries out a couple things to get used to the hand and how it feels differently from her other hand, and spends a bunch of time resting.
    "..."
    "Thanks."
    [Lending Awen a Hand]

Yes mostly that. The hand should still feel numb as things establisch and the drugs are still taking place.

"You'r welcome. After all it is my job here." After that Mia will leave telling her to call her if needed, unless she got something right away.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Mia's Workshop

"In the past, I worked with starship drives," Saramond explains, "And I've done some mining and demolitions on the side.
    Mia's Workshop

"Hmm," Mia says. "Could you go into a bot more details with that starship drive? And what would you think you can offer us with your skills?"

Training Grounds - Demonstration

Mia will arrive as well. She doesn't seem battle ready. She just got here in her working outfit, but got at least the sword on her back.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #485

VIGIL - Cessie's Office

"We'll determine the peer review process once I've had a chance to discuss things with whoever I end up selecting as your peer reviewer." Cessie answers curtly. "As for the tour, let me call on someone to show you around." She gestures at the binders again, perhaps for the final time. "As for these, please leave them here for me to review. You probably don't want to carry them around anyway, they look awfully heavy. I'll return them once I get a chance to properly understand their contents."

Mia will be called in as a tour guide, though how much that should be RP'ed out is up to her and Dr. Valiance's players.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Arena]

"A silver-coated weapon would work, yes." Wenomir nods. "They take wounds like anything else, but they regenerate quickly unless done by silver. It also causes them a great deal of pain. They're cunning and have many weapons at their disposal, as well. Drowning us in teleported cannon fodder is a common tactic of theirs."

[Training Grounds - Demonstration]

Wenomir stops with Electra in the middle of the training grounds, around the assembled members.

"Attention, everyone. This is Electra, from MERC. She has offered to show us her combat capabilities, since the new threat some of you might have seen reports of fields many soldiers like herself. This will help us fight them when the time comes."

He turns to Electra.

"Let's start by having you spar with me, when we'll ask for volunteers from among the others."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #487

NinjaGuy

[Training Grounds - Demonstration]

Electra assumes parade rest when Wenomir introduces her, and nods sternly at the crowd. For those who are good at spotting such things, her mannerisms indicate that she's a veteran soldier. When Wenomir says they should start just by themselves, she nods again.

"Let's start with a bit of space, then, since that's the most likely encounter scenario." She she says plainly, before moving into the practice area Wenomir has chosen for this demonstration. She doesn't draw her weapons as she backs up, but the control surfaces and thruster nozzles on the backpack of her armor move back and forth a little bit, reminiscent of someone stretching before doing exercise. Once there's a few dozen meters between them, she'll take up a loose stance, hands near the weapons on her hips, and call out to Wenomir.

"Whenever you're ready, Commander."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?