New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Training Grounds

Electra nods as Wenomir explains, before stepping forwards.

"Most of the more generic solider bodies I have data on aren't nearly as fast as I am. I was purpose-built with speed and heavy firepower in mind, and as such, trade some strength and durability compared to other body types with a more balanced design. This not to say that our enemy could not possibly have Reploids with designs similar to my own, just to say that if they do have them, they're probably going to be relatively rare. If they're using more balanced designs, then the speed you would need to deal with would be about like this."

Her arm blurs, but less so than during the fight with Wenomir, as she draws her right pistol, then holsters it once more. Those able to percieve faster movements can see that it's significantly slower than what she was doing against Wenomir, but still superhuman. She looks to Mia and nods.

"Distance is your friend, in this case. It still takes time, even at those high speeds, for someone to catch up with you. Area suppression fire is also helpful, as are precision strikes with a proper weapon of choice. In the latter case, you should be targeting either center torso, or head and nowhere else."

She pauses for a moment, and considers, before addressing the group in general.

"One other thing to consider is that while many of us can use special weapons, like I used against Wenomir, not all of us carry them, and some will have access to more than others. At this time, I can't comment on what other sorts of weapons you might encounter, because while we know this enemy is using Reploid-class androids, we don't know what weapon data they have access to, or what their access restrictions are. I wouldn't expect more than one unit in a fire team to have access to them, though, and probably only one or two weapons at the most. I only have four total, and can only carry and use four at any given time, but some soldier types can carry and use up to ten. These weapons can create powerful effects, but they have a limited number of uses. I'll try and show the other three I currently have during demonstrations with other members, here, so you can get an idea of what they might look like."

She looks the group over for a moment.

"I'll be limiting my speed from here on to what you'll most commonly encounter in the field. For reference, Wenomir, your first thrust would have struck a killing blow against the types I showed you earlier. Anyone else have questions before we ask for who'd like to try next?"
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2020-05-31 at 09:55 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #512

[Training Grounds - Watching]

Awen at first thinks she doesn't have any questions because she's too busy trying to think of ways to counter speed like that. Even the slower speed that they'll have is still pretty fast.

But, then, she realizes this is actually the perfect time to ask a question like this, and saving it for later would mean it's too late to ask.

So, she speaks up, while avoiding direct eye contact: "U-um, I've a question," she says. "F-for both of you." Wenomir and Electra.

"If you two came across a group of them," she asks, "how would you fight them?" Hearing how other people would fight groups of these things would be a good reference point for what strategies she should look at.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Arena]

Svetlana uses his silence to continue to stare off in the distance, ruminating on her thoughts. She's rather surprised to hear he understands, she wasn't sure she expected that. When he continues to speak, her look and energy changes to one of sympathy mixed with anger on his behalf. She's definitely glad he won't try to change her mind, but returns to thinking deeply at his last two sentences.

"You're right, sensei, but it's hard. After that event, I see people being taken advantage of and I just... react. It's hard enough to limit retribution to the more violent criminals, resorting to threats and some blunt trauma to those who are not so far gone." She turns to him and bows low. "You must help me, sensei. You're the only one that can do that."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #514

Training Grounds - Demonstration

After taking a long second or two to think, Blanche raises a hand. ”How capable are the average reploids at withstanding or even countering small arms fire, ma’am? You mention area suppression and precision strikes, but neither would be terribly useful if we aren’t working with suitable calibers to pierce any plating they have.” It’s difficult for the catgirl to translate the thrust of a sword to an equivalent level of munition.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

"Ideally, we wouldn't be facing them alone," Wenomir tells Awen. "We're going to be outnumbered in this fight, but we still need to pick our battles and not let them overwhelm us. If I did face a group of them without proper backup, I'd retreat. There's no use throwing ourselves against overwhelming odds."

"I... will try," Wenomir says, certainty and assurance gone from his voice. "I don't know if I will succeed. To start with, I will say this. You must never stop thinking. Not during a fight and certainly not before it. Don't let your instincts take over. They're a useful tool, but only when you keep them under control. Think about the life you might be about to take or the wounds you're about to inflict. You must either be certain your actions are justified or that there's no other option."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #516

NinjaGuy

Electra nods at Wenomir's response to Awen's question.

"Commander Wenomir has the right of it. Working together as a group is always going to be better than trying to face them one-on-one, or worse, one against a group. That being said," she says, considering for a moment how to answer the question, "Me personally, I was built for, and have extensive experience with, this type of fighting, which is why I'm here in the first place, so my personal answer isn't going to be terribly relevant for you, but against a small group, say, no more than 6, I could take them on and win. Any more than that, or with the presence of support machines or other units, I'd retreat, try to sneak past and join up with reinforcements. Specific tactics are going to depend on the exact circumstances, but in general, that's my rule of thumb."

In truth, she's faced much worse odds than that back home before, but that's definitely not something to share. She nods at Blanche.

"Better than most organics by a long shot. Most standard soldier-type bodies can resist standard calibers up to about 12.7mm with minimal to no damage, even in low-armored areas, such as the face, and mid-riff. High-armored areas often require HEI or AP-HEI to penetrate, and damage can be sporadic depending on the layering. Back home, standard anti-Reploid weaponry are energy weapons, usually plasma or laser-based. High-velocity kinetic weaponry is also effective, as are shaped-charge explosives. I've already briefed Commander Wenomir on appropriate weapon types, and their availability here in the Nexus." She eyes Blanche for a moment, and gives a bit of an affirmative nod, apparently approving of what she sees. "That all being said, we still don't like being shot, even if the rounds don't penetrate. It still hurts, especially catching rounds with your face, and machine gun fire, regardless of caliber, tends to send most standard units scattering for cover. And rounds that do damage, even in areas that aren't a crippling wound, still can cause distractions that can make openings for you."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #517

Training Grounds

Blanche whistles, impressed. It’s a little disheartening to hear her personal weaponry won’t do much for her against the Reploids - particularly that she’ll have to get better-acquainted with focusing lenses and battery capacity instead of her beloved cordite and recoil - but she can still appreciate the quality it speaks to about them.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphirmary

If the Ilfauxlin has anything to say on the outburst, she wisely decides to keep her mouth and eyes shut as she lays back upon the bed. She wasn't going to cause any more trouble at the moment than absolutely necessary. Her vitals will read normal to Mia, even settling down a fair bit as she gets to relax.

"...could still go for a dwarven beer." She mutters eventually to herself.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

[Shuttle Entrance]

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Sam Bacon arrives, having gotten his taxi to the ground-flying-island shuttle.
    Unfortunately, he has no idea what to do now that he's here, with his big box. So he just has to look around until he finds someone that looks like they know what's going on, he supposes.
    Sam won't have to look for long. He's approached by an altogether large individual, looking like a horned sabretooth cat in a leather coat and with a long sniper rifle hung over his shoulder.

"Welcome to Vigil, how may we help you?"" he asks curtly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilphirmary -> Training Facilities]

Adir gets about halfway through what he has to say when the door to the Infirmary audibly closes behind Ilpholin. The door can't have been slammed. The only thing that even rattles is the tension in the air. But it definitely is far from pleasant.

She makes her way through the Academy until finding the indoor training facilities and ducking in there. She has to call Mister Squiggles, yes. But she also has to hit something. Maybe hitting something will take her mind off of how unfathomably gullible her friends were. Maybe hitting something will take her mind off of how concerned she was for them in AMEN. Maybe hitting something will take her mind off of how that clone knew things it shouldn't possibly know if it were just a surface job. Maybe hitting something will take her mind off of how violated she feels right now. Maybe hitting something will make her tears stop.

It takes a lot of hitting, in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Shuttle Entrance]

Sam won't have to look for long. He's approached by an altogether large individual, looking like a horned sabretooth cat in a leather coat and with a long sniper rifle hung over his shoulder.

"Welcome to Vigil, how may we help you?"" he asks curtly.
    [Shuttle Entrance]

Sam turns, smiling a little. He's still far too worried to be his usual self.
    "Hey. Uh. I'm here for a certain elf that has been in your custody for a little while. She's not well and she needs this." he says, gesturing at the box with some of his free hands.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Training Ground- Watching

"I am not familiar with any form of firearm. Would blades or bludgeons work better, if I had to get into... arm's reach?" Makuro's arms reach very far, so it's likely that she can start hitting any reploid she's fighting before they can reciprocate, at least with any melee weapons.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #523
    Pixie in the Playground

Svetlana stands up straight, noting Wenomir's lack of confidence in his words. "Do you struggle as well, sensei?" That might be it, which she completely understands. She finally decides to be bold and put an understanding hand on his shoulder, but it doesn't linger.

Never stop thinking, maintaining control of one's instincts? Maybe she should start meditating again, she hasn't done it since her life got turned upside down. "I will... try. It will be very difficult, so I shall start to meditate." She's pretty sure scum deserve all the righteous retribution, but his advice is good for preventing collateral damage. "Do you have any other means of training that?"
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #524

[Academy's Indoor Training Facilities] (There's too many scenes with the word 'training' in it)

As it happens, Zophiel enters the Academy's training facilities - opting to go here instead of across the basin to the training grounds in order to maximize the amount of time she has to train - because she has to be somewhere later. And besides, she wanted today to be a break from using her powers to swinging her massive swords. It's not good just to train the same thing every day.

Of note, Zophiel's shadow doesn't match her figure. It still matches her actions and everything, but...it looks like it belongs on a man just over eleven percent taller and probably twice as wide. That's not saying that Zophiel is small: it''s just saying that her shadow is large.

As someone who knows how therapeutic hitting things is, she doesn't immediately ask Ilpholin how things are, or even strike up a conversation. Sometimes you just really feel like hitting things, you know? So, instead, the paladin goes to a nearby bag and starts kicking it - mainly high and mid kicks.

After a bit, Zophiel decides to insert herself (but not directly talk about it - when you want to hit something, that means you probably don't want to talk about it). So, she instead says, "Hi. I haven't really seen you around before," she says. "But," she adds sheepishly, "I guess that's to be expected; I'm still kinda new here."

Right. If you're outnumbered, just run away.
    But would that apply to Awen in every situation? she wonders. A bunch of her spells cause widespread devastation, so it seems like her best strategies would be hit-and-run tactics, trying to get as close as possible to them without being noticed and then do a widespread spell.

Awen doesn't have any more questions, so she just listens. Actually! Wait! Relevant question! One that's very important for figuring out tactics for them. "So, all of these enemies - they have normal biological processes, right? Or is there something special or different about them?" She wants to know this, of course, to find out if they do things like bleed blood or if they can suffocate or can get poisoned through gasses or whatever. Some people are immune to those kinds of things, so it's handy to know.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #525

"My question would go in the same way as her's, just the opposite. How much Robotic parts do they usually have and how valnuable are those to hacking?" Mia asks
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir says nothing, letting Electra field those questions.

[Shuttle Entrance]

The Charr looks confused, insofar as Sam can read emotions on a sabretooth tiger's face.

"I'm afraid I don't know of an elf who would be in our custody," he says. "Do you have more information about her?"

"I don't know if it can be trained." Wenomir doesn't stop Svetlana from putting her hand on his shoulder. "But yes, I struggle with it. Not as much as I used to, but I do. If you think meditation might help you, it's worth a try."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shuttle Entrance]

Sam tries not to look exasperated. He can't exactly say "I spoke to an inter-dimensional broker who told me she's here, can I speak to you manager?"
    "Her name is Alexia, and besides being an elf she's my ex-roommate who went missing at the battle of Riverside, and she's currently unwell in the mind. I have it on good authority that she just arrived here. Could you please check for me? It's very important that she gets this package. It's her gear and she needs it to remember stuff." he stresses, again holding it up. Best to tell them up front that there's weaponry inside.

18. - Top - End - #528

NinjaGuy

Training Ground- Watching

Electra considers Makuro's question for a moment, before giving an answer.

"Blades would offer the best option. Unless you're strong enough to crush or break armor steel, or toss boulders around, bludgeoning isn't terribly effective." She reaches into a hidden compartment in her backpack, and withdraws the hilt of some kind of weapon. It ignites into a short energy blade, somewhat similar to a lightsaber, but a bit more flame-like in appearance. "Standard beam blades like this are the most effective, and would allow you to be able to counter the enemy's own energy blades without needing something imbued with magic."

She deactivates the beam-knife and stows it back into her pack, as she looks to Awen next.

"Physiologically, it's something of a muddle. We're completely artificial, but our mechanical systems tend to mimic biological ones wherever possible. So, for instance, we breathe, but we don't actually need oxygen per se to live; instead it feeds several secondary processes that can be shut down if need be, or changed on the fly. We are susceptible to certain chemicals, airborne or delivered medically, but on the whole, we're not as vulnerable to chem-based weapons, and depending on design, some of us are immune to even those agents. We have "blood" of a sort, but it serves a somewhat different purpose, in that it's part of our auto-repair systems, in addition to functioning as a coolant, among other things. I can go into more detail later, if you're curious, or if you have an ability that you think might help, but aren't sure if it will work on us."

She looks to Mia, and her expression grows unreadable.

"As I said, we're completely artificial, so hacking isn't necessarily out of the question, but we're definitely not standard robots. Most military grade Reploids have multiple layers of counter-intrusion measures. You'll also have a mind actively fighting against the intrusion, and you typically need physical access in order to even start to try." Her eyes grow dark. "There are viruses that can take over a Reploid's body....or corrupt their minds, but I wouldn't even think about using them. They horribly and painfully corrupt a living being's psyche, they cause violent psychosis, and the chances of being able to cure an infected Reploid, even if you manage to subdue them long enough to have extended access to their systems, is dismally low, and can take months, if not years, if it's even possible at all. Usually, the attempt winds up irreparably damaging the Reploid's brain, if the initial infection didn't do it itself. In addition to being monstrously unethical, you'd actually be making the problem worse, because those viruses can also corrupt less sophisticated machinery, which is then compromised and has to have its control systems destroyed and rebuilt with new parts before it can be used again." Her tone is matter-of-fact, but there's an edge to her voice as she explains that Wenomir might recognize from the other night. She pauses, and gives Mia a hard look, one full of scrutiny. "As near as I can tell, this new enemy isn't using those viruses, and as far as I've been able to determine, they've not been brought to the Nexus. I would very much like to keep it that way."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2020-06-03 at 07:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529

[Training Ground - Watching]

Okay, now Awen doesn't have any more questions.

She'll have to later find out what would work and what wouldn't. By the sound of it, suffocating them seems pretty ineffective unless you're trying to stop them from running some of these secondary processes, whatever they are. And the blood...if she could find a way to freeze it, then that sounds like it could stop them from healing. Or if she finds some other way to stop it, then they'll overheat. It's unfortunate, because it seems like none of those could instantly win a fight, and would have to be sustained over a period of time to actually do anything.

Okay.
    Even after thinking that through, she still doesn't have any immediate questions.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Mia's Workshop

"Most recently, I was assigned to repair and improve the Latch Drive of the starship Valiant Ransom of Emperors." A pretentious name, but the owner of the ship was a pretentious person. Saramond thinks. "I can provide vehicular maintenance and retrofitting. If you need my secondary skillset, I can perform controlled demolitions and excavations." (Or uncontrolled, but that goes without saying).
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    VIGIL - Touring

Mia nods to cessie and then turns to the man and takes his ahnd for a shot shake.

" A pleasure, I am Mia Mechanicus High Priestress of Deus Mechanicus." she replies and then turns to lead him out of the office. "Since we are at the top we just go down. The Upper Village will be our first target."

Since the details are already writen down how much should we play it out?
    Dr. Valiance's spindly hand is uncomfortably warm and slightly sweaty, a consequences of his nervousness. He instinctively waggles his fingers, it probably feels quite strange. After a second or so, he'll pull away and jam his hands into the pocket of his stained labcoat, offering a broad smile towards Mia. What a lovely name that was! She was awfully young, though. Reminded him of his little sister. All serious, painfully so, even. "Oh, titles. Uhh, bit of a mouthful, isn't it?" This waifish little thing was a high priestess of something? "I'm not a particularly religious person, but I think it's great that you're so... dedicated to your community?"

"Grandparents were catholic, very into the whole community-whatever stuff. I didn't get it, but as I said, I think it's a sign of good character to be so devoted to something like that."
    He smiles awkwardly, realizing that he'd been talking for a little too long. Did this Mia person just say "target"? Why does this teenager talk like some sort of black ops person? This was the Nexus, maybe she was some creepy, prepubescent vat-grown supersoldier. Best be polite. "The.... upper village, what - what is that?"

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Bear Necessities]

Asher raises his hands and squeals delightfully while they ride. They're heading for the pool, so he hides his wings away so they don't get in the way, looking more like an unremarkable boy with silver skin... much like an aasimar. Though, he's not wearing VIGIL wear, dressed instead in a white linen robe and a gold belt around his waist.

He's with Lapis, though... so it's probably okay!

"Pool! Pool!" He chants along with Lapis, ecstatic. "Faster! Wheeeee!" He giggles, hugging Lapis and anticipating the plunge into the pool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Bear Necessities]

Well.

Isn't this a sight?

Two completely unremarkable children riding a bear through the VIGIL campus laughing their heads off. Who allowed these precocious children into VIGIL, anyway?

Oh wait one of them is in a VIGIL custodial uniform.

That's probably Lapis so no doubt everything is fine and absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong.

"The pool the pool! Jump into the pool!" Lapis squeals with delight. "You're so fast Anika I love it!"

Hopefully no one is currently using the pool for any serious exercise.

Having a bear cannon-ball into it while you're doing laps might be distracting.
    [Bear Necessities]

Anika hadn't originally planned to actually jump into the pool but there was no way she could resist the urges from not only one but two children.

So instead of slowing down she does as Asher bids and speeds up. Her hind legs straining with the effort as she launches herself and the two on her back into the air as they reach the edge of the pool.

For but a brief moment all three of them are airborn above the pool water until gravity sets in and the water below them ends up flying in all directions as it's being displaced by a huge bear and two angels.
    Someone might have to refill the pool after this.

[Training Facilities]

There's a knock after a bit.
    Anika is outside, looking hopeful. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for being dumb."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Pixie in the Playground

"If you can get better at it, then perhaps there is hope for me." Svetlana nods, back to staring into space. She soon turns to face him once more, a determined look on her face. "Then I suppose I should go and meditate now. Thank you, sensei. You've given me things to think about."

If Wenomir has nothing else to say, she'll bow to him once more and leave to go meditate, unless he has other things to say or ask.

A while later...

After her conversation with Wenomir, Svetlana's gone to a corner in the Training Grounds to meditate and practice calm. Just when she's gotten quite deep into her meditation, the speakers blare a message she's interested in.

Everyone not currently preoccupied gather in the training grounds. We will receive a demonstration connected to a recent threat.
    "Nani?" One eye opens and she looks around to see people starting to surround an area where Wenomir and someone else are standing. She gets up, finds higher ground to climb up to and resumes her cross-legged meditative pose, watching from a distance and using telescopic vision to watch as if she were close by.

A battle between her sensei and a defected soldier of their enemies? She is not going to miss this for the world! She folds her hands, quits meditating, and watches in silence.

The fight begins, and Svetlana's just barely able to track their movements! Several factors help: being an Olympic-level figure skater used to skating at high speeds; fox powers that grant her enhanced speed and ability to better track movements; being a cyborg with top-of-the-line cybernetics further enhancing her speed and reflexes... Yet, she knows she'll only just barely be able to keep up with their movements. She might be fast, but not as fast as either of them. "I still have a ways to go." She mutters to herself. Good thing she took the initiative to begin recording the demonstration, she can review the footage later.

Something about Wenomir's laughing makes her happy. It's not very often that the man laughs, after all. This is what it means to be calm in battle? She wants some of that!

She listens to Electra begin to speak, jumping down from her perch so she's closer to the action. The next speed the reploid showcases is much better, something she can track and defend against with relative ease. She listens to questions asked and the responses, noting the effectiveness of energy weapons and shaped charges with a rather predatory smile. That makes her perfect to take them on. Her katana might be effective, but if a beam blade is better, she should go and get an energy variant from Mirai. She has some in her body, but a handheld weapon has more reach.

Finally, she decides to ask questions of her own. Raising her hand, she steps forward, her head held high as always. "Greetings. I have questions of my own: how about EMPs, or corrosive weapons?"
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

[Shuttle Entrance ==> Clinic]

The Charr's tail sweeps back and forth. None of this makes any kind of sense to him. Is it some kind of ruse? He decides it's probably above his paygrade in any event and decides to call one of the commanders.

"Just... hang on a second." He steps aside for a moment, talking through his communicator, then returns. "Commander Wenomir will see you now. Follow me."

He will lead Sam through the island to the clinic, where Wenomir is waiting. He doesn't look happy. Then again, this vaguely dissatisfied scowl seems to be his default expression.

"I'm told that you have something for someone in our custody," he says, without much in the way of introductions. "What I'd like to know is whose 'good authority' provided the information."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]

Sam is silent throughout his tour, even though he'd be delighted to be here in any other circumstances. He remains resolute as he is brought before the commander, no more pleased to have his progress blocked again that Wenomir seems to be to see him.
    "I have a Broker connected with Alexia. That's how they knew something was wrong and where she was. I can't say more than that 'cause I don't know how it works." he says simply, not expecting him to know how that works because Sam doesn't really get it himself.

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Mia's Workshop

"Most recently, I was assigned to repair and improve the Latch Drive of the starship Valiant Ransom of Emperors." A pretentious name, but the owner of the ship was a pretentious person. Saramond thinks. "I can provide vehicular maintenance and retrofitting. If you need my secondary skillset, I can perform controlled demolitions and excavations." (Or uncontrolled, but that goes without saying).
    Mia's Workshop

"I am not suited to test your destructiv abilities, so we might see what you can do with one of our shuttels. You don't really offer much." Mia says as he leads him off to a hangar which will be a bit away from her workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Dr. Valiance's spindly hand is uncomfortably warm and slightly sweaty, a consequences of his nervousness. He instinctively waggles his fingers, it probably feels quite strange. After a second or so, he'll pull away and jam his hands into the pocket of his stained labcoat, offering a broad smile towards Mia. What a lovely name that was! She was awfully young, though. Reminded him of his little sister. All serious, painfully so, even. "Oh, titles. Uhh, bit of a mouthful, isn't it?" This waifish little thing was a high priestess of something? "I'm not a particularly religious person, but I think it's great that you're so... dedicated to your community?"

"Grandparents were catholic, very into the whole community-whatever stuff. I didn't get it, but as I said, I think it's a sign of good character to be so devoted to something like that."
    He smiles awkwardly, realizing that he'd been talking for a little too long. Did this Mia person just say "target"? Why does this teenager talk like some sort of black ops person? This was the Nexus, maybe she was some creepy, prepubescent vat-grown supersoldier. Best be polite. "The.... upper village, what - what is that?"
    VIGIL - Touring

Mia doesn't seem to bother his sweaty hands either he encountered that a dozen times befor or is just so professional to not react. She just looks at him withoout changing her expression.

"It is only one and i don't think it is to much. After all it is an honor to carry it. I understand if you come froma world were Titels are viewed different, but thats not the case for me." She looks a bit confused at him. "I am here for my people and for my own survival. The nexus is a place that can be quiet.... dangerous. I heared of catholic. Having some guidlines like they do makes life easier I assume. Thats why some devoted themself to it. In my world we were able to met Deus mechanicus which makes it a bit different. "

The target was mainly an error ont he player not the charater.

"It is the residence of the members holding rooms to life and more, like a basketball field and other measures of entertainment."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #537

NinjaGuy

Electra glances at Wenomir for a moment, then closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath before looking to to Svetlana. The darkness seems to have passed, and the edge has receded from her voice.

"EMPs have a variable effect on us. Most of us have significant hardening in that area, but certain weapon types that produce enough energy, or shape the pulse' waveform in the correct ways, can debilitate us for a varying amount of time, anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. I'd have to see the specs of the weapon in question in order to be able to give you a better answer on that." A pause as she considers the other half of Svetlana's question.

"Corrosives....in general, they do work, as long as they're strong enough, at least, against the more generic soldier types. Specialized units meant for harsh environments do exist and are sometimes either immune or less susceptible than usual to such agents, though. The difficulty in deploying such weapons means they're not commonly used, at least, not where I'm from, but if you have a means of using such weapons, they might be worth a try."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

[Indoor Workout Facilities - Earlier]

Ilpholin is working on destroying her third punching bag when Zophiel walks in. Her hair moves suddenly and quickly, as if alive and brushes across the cybernetically enhanced nymph's face in order to wipe away her black tears before looking at the stranger, though residual streaks probably give her away. Still, since it wasn't anyone she knows who walked in, Ilpholin ignores her at first and resumes murdering her bag.

It isn't until Zophiel says something that Ilpholin looks at her again, this time actually taking in Zophiel's impressive body only to be instantly on guard again upon noting her unusual shadow. "I'm not a member," Ilpholin explains. That would probably be a greater reason as to why Zophiel hasn't seen Ilpholin around.

[Indoor Workout Facilities - Later]

Ilpholin is left wondering who knocks on these doors until it's opened and she sees Anika. Ilpholin gives her a pained look of someone who feels bad for making someone else feel bad, even as she steps aside to make room for Anika to come in if she wants. There's a few destroyed punching bags inside, a clear disrespect of the sign on the wall that says 'Be respectful. Please don't destroy our equipment'. That's going to be a fine for sure. "No Anika, I'm sorry. You weren't dumb." Ilpholin glances down. "There was a lot going on and it was an unusual situation. I just... You scared me." It's not something she's used to admitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #539

[Indoor Workout Facilities - Earlier]

That's pretty cool hair, Zophiel thinks. It would be incredibly useful to have hair that can do that.

"Yeah?" she says. Must know someone here, then. If she knows someone here...that's probably why she's crying. Which means asking about that probably isn't the right thing to ask.

She kicks her own bag a couple times.

"I assume you usually don't come around here, then?" she says. Since Ilpholin used not being a member as the excuse for not having met here before. "What did you come all the way up here for?" The skybase is pretty far away from the ground.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Mia's workshop

Saramond is disappointed to hear Mia's assessment. "I could take my skills somewhere else. Somewhere they'd be more appreciated..." It's a reminder that he doesn't have to work for Vigil if they aren't going to treat him as well as he'd like. He follows to the hangar regardless.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters