New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed will follow along with Jedrek's movements, matching his tempo and keeping a steady distance. She studies his style intently and adapts to it quickly, like water flowing over new terrain. When he strikes, however, there's an abrupt change to her form. She raises her knee to deflect the strike before suddenly trying to close in and deliver an elbow-strike to his ribs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Fewer Birds and More Bears]

"We'll get that bird for sure next time," Lapis declares, exuding as much confidence as she can muster. She's got a job and she's going to do it really well!

Just... the best!

She'll be the best bird chaser VIGIL has ever had!

She isn't sure if VIGIL has had any bird chasers before but that just means she has to be a good example for any future bird chasers.

It's a very important mission.

"Most people in the Nexus are stuck in three-space but that's okay mom says that's just how they are," the little seraph comments as she watches Anika rather flashy transformation.

"See! She's good at being bear!" Lapis laughs. She'll move to hope onto Anika's back and bury her face in the fur. "She's so fuzzy I love it!"

And then?

A very important thought occurs to her. She shimmies forward so she can look down into Anika's face.

"Hey how did you learn to be a bear did you have to go to bear school?"

Asking the real questions here.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Calm Reed will follow along with Jedrek's movements, matching his tempo and keeping a steady distance. She studies his style intently and adapts to it quickly, like water flowing over new terrain. When he strikes, however, there's an abrupt change to her form. She raises her knee to deflect the strike before suddenly trying to close in and deliver an elbow-strike to his ribs.
    [Training Grounds]

To strike while utilizing one knee for defence is quite difficult. It's giving up mobility and footing. That's not to say it can't be done. Jedrek's just received proof of that, with an elbow to his ribs. It's just requires an exceptionally impressive amount of leg strength and understanding of one's own center of balance. Something Jedrek acknowledges as he disengages and nods to confirm the point.

Granted, tapping Jedrek's chest is like smacking a steel wall. But that's an incidental detail for differing circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bird-chasing and Bear-talk]

"Darn that bird!" Anika agrees as she shakes her fist at the heavens. "Don't worry though, Lapis. You'll get it eventually."
    Then she turns her attention back to Asher even if she had no idea what he was talking about. Why would the fourth wall be more important than the other three walls of the barrack?
    But she isn't going to question it, especially when he points out that she's still in her underwear. "Oh, that's no big deal. Dealing with dangerous birds is far more important." She nods in Lapis direction. "Anyway, bears don't wear anything you know and no one is complaining about that are they?"

Then with a grin she it showered in green light and emerges as a huge bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Fewer Birds and More Bears]

"We'll get that bird for sure next time," Lapis declares, exuding as much confidence as she can muster. She's got a job and she's going to do it really well!

Just... the best!

She'll be the best bird chaser VIGIL has ever had!

She isn't sure if VIGIL has had any bird chasers before but that just means she has to be a good example for any future bird chasers.

It's a very important mission.

"Most people in the Nexus are stuck in three-space but that's okay mom says that's just how they are," the little seraph comments as she watches Anika rather flashy transformation.

"See! She's good at being bear!" Lapis laughs. She'll move to hope onto Anika's back and bury her face in the fur. "She's so fuzzy I love it!"

And then?

A very important thought occurs to her. She shimmies forward so she can look down into Anika's face.

"Hey how did you learn to be a bear did you have to go to bear school?"

Asking the real questions here.
    [Two Little Angels and A Bear]

"Yeah, momma said so, too." Asher responds, watching Anika transform flashily into a huge, fluffy bear. He giggles joyfully once the transformation is complete, hovering in the air for a few seconds and clapping his hands. He hugs her, resting his head and arms on the side of her fuzzy body. "Mmm... bear fuzz..." He says, clearly enjoying the sensation. "I have a little bear friend I call Scout, he's really young and small but I'll have to return him back to his momma soon. I can bring him here so you can meet him, Anika!" He pipes up, excitedly.

Once Lapis asks her question, Asher giggles and responds before Anika can speak. "Maybe she's a druid. In certain worlds, they're people that are attuned to nature can turn into animals. Only, unlike us they aren't made fully-grown, and aren't as divinely powerful." He says matter-of-factly, with no hint of pride whatsoever. "I like druids, they help us celestial nephilim who take care of all of creation to nurture the world. Are you a druid, Anika?" Well, some druid he likes. Some are bad, and/or utilize the powers of mean demons.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

[ELVES!!!]

"Ha, I know that feeling. I came from a one-druid village to see all the capitals. It can be pretty overwhelming, but also so cool." Anika grins widely and gestures around the tavern. "But look at us now. We've both made it to the big leagues. No more starving for us!"

[Important Briefing]

"Reinholdt is a kind of cat-fey if I understand it correctly. He's been around for a long time but was far more active before I came to the nexus so I don't know him as well as Wenomir or Magtok. Therefore, I can't tell you what KR's relationship with him was but she most certainly knew about him." The sorceress attempts to explain but let's Wenomir fill in the rest. Giving him a look as if to nudge him to take charge of the situation. He probably don't need it but with his experience with Rein and KR he should probably be the one that handles this situation.
    [Important Briefing]

Wenomir studies Cass intently. He's not sure how truthful she is about not knowing who Reinholdt is. Maybe she just prefers to keep it buried, as something that was Kr's conflict to deal with. If so, he's not going to demand that she don't do it. He'd prefer not to deal with Reinholdt himself, and yet here he is.

"That's something of a long story. He used to be a talking cat, then he became something else. He has tried to end the world on some occasions and was our enemy. I tried to kill him myself at least once. I think cloning was involved at some point, which always makes things confusing. I wouldn't say I trust him, but he wants those souls for personal reasons." He shrugs. "So I don't expect him to try to double-cross us, but bringing someone else along won't hurt. If I'm going, you're going and he's going, maybe one other person?"

[The Battered Shield]

"No more starving! That's as fine a toast as any I've heard!" Says Rain, laughing mirthfully as she grabs her tankard, bumps it against Anika's, raises it into the air, and then promptly downs the thing in one go. "So friend, what's next?

[Important Briefing]

Cass frowns as she listens to the both of them, then shrugs. "Your decision, commander. It'd put the number of you equivalent to the cat and I," she says, lumping herself in with the other non-Vigil member briefly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Commanders' Village]

"Oh, with the hat and everything?" Anika holds up her hands just above her head as if she was adjusting an invisible hat. "That's cool. I'm pretty good at detective stuff myself you know." As Anika nods to herself the comment she just made causes Cessie raise an eyebrow. Detective was not exactly the word she associated with Anika.

"...yes, and if you do find out anything I'd be ever grateful if you shared your findings with us, miss Von Holstav." She returns Ithuriel's nod. "But it seems like we're done here for now then. However, I'd advise you to stay until we can-"

"We're clear. Don't worry about it miss C. Wenomir can confirm I'm not a creeper." She grins and waggles her eyebrows at the warrior before turning to Ithuriel. "Yeah, and I know just the bar for it!" Anika opens the door for the angel and Blanche as Cessie pinches the bridge of her nose tiredly.

Of course, outside is a to Blanche all-too-familiar gargoyle waiting. Giving all three of them a disapproving stare.

Initiation

"It's decided then. But you only have to be there for the introduction to join though. If it's nothing for you, we'll just leave it at that." The sorceress promises. "But I hope that you will be able to learn something at least." She makes a dissmissive gesture. "But now you're free to leave. Meeting over."

Commander's Village

Blanche seems to relax as Ithuriel brings up grabbing a drink, nodding. "I think we should be fine grabbing one while we wait for the folks HALO to arrive, it's better than just sitting around at least. It's not like we'll be leaving the base, right?" Between the hostility, the chaotic duel and the grave weight of such a terrifying threat, she's more than eager to unwind. Although she certainly stiffens again as Anika speaks up, almost bristling when she cuts Cessie off. She gives the night elf a brief but pointed look of "what the heck are you doing?!" before glancing apologetically back at the two commanders as they leave.

Initiation

Fidelia responds with an eager nod. She does her best attempt at composing a more formal response as she stands. "I- um, I look forward to it." Once they leave, the squire looks over to Jenette with an excited grin. "Holy crap, that went way better than I expected! Not that I, like, thought it wouldn't go too bad, but still!"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed nods back to acknowledge that she scored a hit and that she felt the strength of the body she struck. She presses the attack again, but her movements change. She closes her distance and delivers strikes with her elbows, knees and forearms. She wants to see how Jedrek will react to this shift in tactics.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphirmary

"Ilphy" doesn't speak respond to the assurances, but neither does she fight as blood gets drawn. She'll close her eyes, concentrate on her breathing, and in general try to rest as the blood is tested. The good news is that she's most definitely not a Skin Walker! She seems amazingly normal all in all, and is practically a twin to the real Ilpholin, or at the very least as close to a copy as one can craft. There's some sign of cellular damage that's repairing over time, as if it was a rush job. The odd part of all this is a foreign "cell" that seems prevalent in her body. It had the same pink hue as the energy she seems to have some sort of control over as it phases in and out of visible existence.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Where previously Jedrek utilized block and counter, this time he focuses on denial, on preventing Calm Reed from being able to get in there. A low sweeping kick, followed by a series of jabs, each taking advantage of his superior reach in an aggressive style to try and land a blow. He rarely leaves himself open either, and when he does it often would mean taking a hit from him first by a quarter of a second.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #280

Commander's Village

"It's fine, it's fine. I got a cure disease and a decurse spell." Anika whispers confidently as she leans closer to Blanche. "I'll just cast them on the two of us."

Cessie's expression is neutral as she watches them leave. She was confident that this wouldn't cause too much trouble though...

Ilphirmary

Anika isn't really good at the whole 'waiting' thing so she spends her time by doing push-ups.
    "Is it finished?" She asks occasionally depending on how long the whole process takes. "Maybe she's Ilpholin from the past... or an alternative dimension!"

[The Battered Shield]

"Now comes the drinking part! Then we'll see what the night takes us, eh?" Or rather evening at the most. "I bet you got a lot of stories to tell, I certainly do." Which will take place offscreen unless there's a special reason not to.

[Bird-chasing and Bear-talk]

Anika grins happily and makes bear-noises, neither which answers Lapis question.
    But then she suddenly starts to roll over down onto the ground to give the two access to her soft and fluffy belly. Still no answers but more pleased bear noises.

Cessie’s Office

Cessie looks up at Anika.

"Exactly! I'll protect Blanche from anything! Doesn't matter how many goblins come at me!" She declares with a sweeping gesture around the room.
    "No offense, guys." She then adds with a glance at the goblins in the room.

Krakarow nods and grins. "Great, come on then. We'll discuss this in a proper meeting room." He looks to Wenomir and Cessie. "There's one of those, right?"

The sorceress considers for a moment. "...I suppose you could use the room next to my office. It's still being furbished but you only need privacy, correct?"

"Excellent, that will have to do." He gestures at his assistants and then walks over to the other room. He's a bit too short to properly reach the handle however so Anika has to help him.
    "After you my dude." Before she enters herself she gives Blanche a wink. "Come on, this gonna go quickly and you know what will happen afterwards, right?" And with that she gives the catgirls butt a quick slap.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-04-14 at 07:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Jedrek's counter to Calm Reed's changed style appears to be successful. Her advance is held back and she receives a hit to her chest when trying to close in and deliver a knee-strike. She doesn't flinch, but nods to acknowledge the blow. Then she continues the bout, switching back to her initial style, but... intensifying it. She flows from one form to another like water in an intricate ornamental fountain, aiming for gaps in Jedrek's defence and exploiting them. She wants to push him and see just what he can do.

[Ilphirmary]

"A clone sounds more likely. But then why would she have someone else's memories?" Wenomir wonders aloud when the results arrive. "This really isn't my area of expertise. But it seems as though someone tried to make a copy of Ilpholin for some purpose."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Halfling in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

Ithuriel shrugs and gives the commanders an awkward smile as she follows after Anika and Blanche.

After everything else that had gone awry today, a few drinks sounds good.

"Alright you two. You're not paying a penny for any drinks today. It's all on me, as thanks for making me stop being such an ass."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #283

[Ilphirmary]

"No, I don't think she is from another timeline." Mia replies to Anika after the tests. "She is extremly simular to Ilpholin, a clone if you want, but somethings different. First of her cells are repaitring something, which is not the arms she lost. It rather appears like its trying to fix an inital error. Whoever created her was in a rush. She also got some kind of energy in her blood we already saw as she broke free. I would need Ilpholin's blood to make sure this is something different. For now I just assume this is a way to replicate her ability."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Jedrek occasionally switches stances, but much less frequently, his style remaining basic and stubborn as rock, high on defense and striking back only occasionally, but heavily. It's when Calm Reed strikes her second point that Jedrek finally begins to show what Calm Reed wants. Jedrek's movements seem to accelerate slightly, but his style remains relatively unchanged. What does change however, is when he attacks, above and beyond his mortal fist forms a purple energy of charged chi that expands outwards, widening his reach suddenly. It's like he punched the air and the air itself formed an even larger projectile thrust at Calm Reed. This occurs with all his swings, even his kicks.

The first time Jedrek does this might catch Calm Reed off guard, but he suspects she'll compensate immediately after, so at a future point he'll concentrate his chi further and double punch, shooting chi out much farther than normal, straight up becoming a ranged distance attack that escapes his body and travels in a straight line. Something he can maneuver in behind and box his opponent in with as they dodge the initial strike.

[Ilphirmary]

"This isn't hard to figure out," A frustrated Ilpholin says, standing and stepping out into the open so she can point accusingly at Ilphy, her blackened eyes gazing fervently at the person who looks more like she did than Ilpholin currently does. "She's an agent of the demons. So they copied my body and downloaded her brain so they could infiltrate you and gather information."

Ilpholin takes one step forward. "Tell us where the airship went," she demands. She hesitates at adding 'or else' or even physically threatening her. She thought she wanted the double dead, but upon seeing her again, second guesses herself. It would truly be a level of madness to kill another you in cold blood. Maybe she can convince Wenomir or Adir to do it for her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #285

Cessie's Office -> Next to Cessie's Office

Blanche seems relieved to leave the Commanders' presence. Perhaps she feels that there's less pressure on her now? A light blush colors her cheeks as Anika boldly declares that she'll keep her safe, and she swiftly follows the others out of Cessie's office.

"I'm lookin-" Blanche starts to reply, before being cut off by a rather unexpected impact. She jumps, eyes widening, and a rather debatably forum-safe sound spills from her lips before she can even realize it and clamp a hand to her mouth in an attempt to silence herself. She looks back up at Anika, blushing furiously, too embarrassed to find words.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

[Important Briefing]

Wenomir considers this for some time. This is an important mission, probably dangerous as well. They need to come in with force. And based on who is going already... hmm.

"Between me, Cassandra and Reinholdt, we've got hand-to-hand combat, acrobatics, magic and treasure-hunting covered. We might need someone who can apply brute force better than I do. I might ask Anika to come along. Or someone else."

Then again, Anika and Cassandra do need to meet at some point. He has no idea how that will go, but his honesty requires it.

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed certainly didn't see this coming, even though she had a feeling Jedrek might possess skills beyond that of an ordinary mortal. She goes into a defensive stance immediately, but it's not enough to prevent him from scoring another hit. She nods to acknowledge it yet again, before taking a deep breath and reversing her motion, like a returning tide. Her punches, jabs and kicks come in rapidly now and she's ready to block and deflect at a moment's notice without interrupting her tempo. Attacks that strike her arms and elbows seem to have their force diffused, like rocks striking water, leaving no lasting impression. Her entire body begins to blow blue now. This is the ultimate test of Jedrek's fighting skills.

17. - Top - End - #287

[Important Briefing]

Cessie's eyebrows raises. Anika hadn't exactly been subtle about her and Wenomir's relationship in her eyes and now Wenomir hinted at inviting her to work the same group as his old(?) girlfriend? She had tried to ignore this elephant in the room for a while now but now Wenomir had made it nearly impossible. Just what sort of relationship was he encouraging here? Was he just being practical? Did Anika even knew about this situation?

She looks to Wenomir as if to gauge what his intentions were as she was clueless as why he would do this. Did he expect it all to just... work out? Was he really that naive?
    "Anika is also a healer in case that's needed." She heard herself point out, trying to remain objective in all of this. "But I would fully review the alternatives before making any decisions."

[Next to Cessie's Office]

The door to Cessie's office opens and the sorceress herself steps out. "What's going on?" Her gaze fixates on Blanche. "Are you alright?"

Anika have stepped back and is covering her mouth though not at all for the same reason as the catgirl. It looks like she is about to break out laughing any second and it doesn't last long until she does.

"Hahaha! Sorry, sorry! Hahaha.... Elune... hah... I'm so sorry, Blanche. I'm terrible." Anika excuses herself, earning a confused look from Cessie.

The goblins all look at each other and Krakorow gives the goblin gal with the laptop a bump with his elbow and mouths 'write this down' to her.
    She immediately starts taking notes.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Sometime after the skin-walker investigation with the help of HALO, Wenomir will call Anika and ask her to drop by his house. It seems he has something important to tell her in private.

19. - Top - End - #289

Next to Cessie’s Office

”No! I mean yes! Everything’s fine! Go back to your office!” Blanche frantically responds, grabbing Anika by the forearm and hastily pulling her into the side office. She reaches out to close the door behind them, turning to stare up at Anika. She visibly struggles for a second, and Anika may get a very real sense that curtains would’ve pulled here if it weren’t for both the company here and Blanche’s own self-control.

"E-er, anyways, lets uh, lets get this over with." Blanche states as she gets a hold of herself, turning back to the goblins awkwardly.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-04-19 at 02:43 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Important Briefing]

Cass also looks a little surprised, giving Wenomir a slight glance and a blush, before she relaxes her expression, giving a disaffected shrug.
    "Pick your personnel and get whatever you need ready, Commander. I'll make preparations for this mission too," she says.

"Is there anything else we need to discuss right now?" She asks, looking between Wenomir and Cessie.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-04-19 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #291

[Training]

Zophiel, once again during the free time she has between all the other busy times she has, is back to training.

She's wearing some loose-fitting athleticwear. (If she had been wearing armor instead of athleticwear, she'd very much be a classic knight in shining armor.) Tall for a woman, short hair (but still long enough that it sometimes gets in her eyes), muscled (but not to the point of being a bodybuilder).

It should be noted that her shadow doesn't match her at all. Her shadow appears to come from a broad-shouldered man a foot taller than her, but coincidentally is wearing the same clothes as her. The lighting here doesn't make it obvious, but it's still noticeable.

She has two massive swords; one red and one blue. The blue one is lying on the ground next to her while she tries out a fighting technique she just came up with, since ordinarily, if she swung the sword it would completely throw her off balance simply because the sword itself is that heavy.

Specifically, the arm holding the sword is wrapped in black threads, and similar black threads appear to be attached between her feet and the floor even though they're not impeding her ability to walk.

Swing. Slash. Smack.
    She's doing several different basic sword-strikes.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #292

Training

Iamar's in the same outfit she always wears, as though she's ready for combat to break out at any moment. Today, she isn't here to train, though. She couldn't explain it, but she felt like she had been absent for some time. So here she was, to observe if there were any new recruits, any changes in regimen. And it seemed like a woman with a strange shadow was here, that she didn't recognize. Her eyes fell to each of the swords - the one in the woman's hand, and the other on the ground. Her eyebrows furrowed at the sight.

"Why carry two swords?" she said, with little thought to pleasantries. "Particularly two swords meant to be wielded with two hands? Do you think your offense impenetrable?"

23. - Top - End - #293

[Training]

If she's honest about it, the swords are meant to be wielded by somebody with more than two hands.

"Hm?" Zophiel hears someone talking and turns her head towards it - before realizing she's the subject of the sentence. "Oh." She stops its momentum and puts the tip to the ground so she can lean against the sword and wipe the sweat off her brow.

Then, she says something that is probably false but it makes sense to her: "After a certain point, defense and offense are basically the same thing," she says.

Then, after a moment of thinking, she pulls the sword up again, twists her wrist, and puts her other hand against the flat of the blade: "Besides, with just a grip change, it's just as good as any old tower shield." It's not quite as wide or as curved as a tower shield, and still keeps the hand holding the sword exposed, but...almost as good as a tower shield. She gestures at the sword on the ground: "Feel free to try it, you'll see it's practically the same."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed certainly didn't see this coming, even though she had a feeling Jedrek might possess skills beyond that of an ordinary mortal. She goes into a defensive stance immediately, but it's not enough to prevent him from scoring another hit. She nods to acknowledge it yet again, before taking a deep breath and reversing her motion, like a returning tide. Her punches, jabs and kicks come in rapidly now and she's ready to block and deflect at a moment's notice without interrupting her tempo. Attacks that strike her arms and elbows seem to have their force diffused, like rocks striking water, leaving no lasting impression. Her entire body begins to blow blue now. This is the ultimate test of Jedrek's fighting skills.
    [Training Grounds]

Unfortunately for Jedrek he doesn't have any more tricks or held back power. The expansive nature of his chi allows him to block and deflect well enough to keep up with Calm Reed's attacks, so long as he only defends himself. There's no promise who would wear out first if it was drawn out into a marathon, so instead he tries to make an opening and attack at some point but does not seem capable of breaking water. Eventually one of these attempts leaves him open and he loses the third point. The disappointment on his face lasts brief enough to seem illusionary as he steps back and bows deeply to the victor, fist in palm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed also takes a step back and bows.

"Well fought. I had a feeling there was more to your style than it first seemed. You definitely have a place in Vigil and I will vouch to the commanders for that."

[Important Briefing]

Wenomir nods. If he notices Cessie's doubts about his proposal, he doesn't show it.

"I'll review our list of members and decide who to bring. But I think we're finished here for now. Unless there's anything else?" he asks Cessie.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed also takes a step back and bows.

"Well fought. I had a feeling there was more to your style than it first seemed. You definitely have a place in Vigil and I will vouch to the commanders for that."
    [Training Grounds]

"Thank you for your approval. I swear to represent VIGIL to the best of my ability." Only after Calm Reed straightens does Jedrek as well. "In the meantime it seems I have much more to learn. I would be honored if I could be allowed to study your technique some time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"I would be happy to demonstrate them," Calm Reed says. Teaching would be more complicated if he were to ask for it, but they'll deal with it in due time. "And I admit I have never seen a martial artist extend their reach with intangible power like this."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ilphirmary]

"God's blood, Ilpholin, take it easy," The stag tries to tell the real nymph. "She probably has no idea. There might not be anything useful she can tell us."

He looks at not-Ilphy. "Look, I don't think anybody's asked you this yet, so I'll go ahead. What do you want? Can we get you anything? I don't know if we can let you go running off yet, for, ah, 'security reasons', but..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #299

Training

Iamar's eyebrows furrow. "That is... certainly one way to look at combat," Iamar says. "I know not if it is effective, but I suppose you could not have gotten far with it if it did not work." She shakes her head glancing at the sword on the ground. "I doubt that I have the strength in my arms to wield such a weapon effectively. Let alone in the unorthodox manner that you do. It feels to me that a shield would protect you more, and weigh less besides." She shrugs a little. "But who am I to judge the way one fights? I hardly care for it myself. I've only learned what I need to in order to survive."

30. - Top - End - #300

Training

Zophiel glances down at the sword on the ground, too. "Y-yeah. They are a little heavy," she admits. "I used to be better at using them."

Regarding shields, the paladin explains why she doesn't really bother to carry one around - because if she can carry around both those swords, the weight of an additional shield isn't that much more. "Besides," she says, shrugging, "whenever I need something, I find that there's always one nearby or available: every time I've needed another weapon, there was always one on hand."

Which suggests Zophiel is either very lucky, hasn't been in very many real situations, is really good at improvising, or has some divine providence stuff going on.

As a paladin, it's entirely possible any of those four options are true.

"Then, how do you usually fight?" Zophiel adds, to progress the conversation.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.