New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[Wenomir's House]

"Right. It's..." Wenomir rolls his shoulders. He really isn't sure where to start. "I've met someone form my past. My old girlfriend. From before Vigil was Vigil. She went missing in unclear and unpleasant circumstances, but now she's back and came to speak to me." he paces up and down the room. "We don't really know where we stand yet. But I felt like you should know." He doesn't know how many details he should share, but he leans towards being vague. Cassandra's past is hers to share, not his.

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed nods. Time to give a somewhat simplified account...

"In a manner of speaking. I come from a bloodline that was blessed by the Elemental Dragons. Many of us awaken to their power. Monks like me devote themselves to serving their cause and learn martial arts to enforce it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

"That's great, dude." A beat. "I mean... if you think it's great of course. I don't know much about returning girlfriends I'm afraid. Never really had one." Anika smiles sheepishly. "I'll be there to, uh, support you though. Whatever you need."

3. - Top - End - #333

Next To Cessie’s Office

”Er, yes. Lots of VIGIL stuff. I’ve still got, uh, paperwork. From my last deployment. C-combat reports, expenses, y’know how it is.” Blanche excuses herself somewhat flimsily as she leads Anika on a hasty retreat from the room, taking her hand once more.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Wenomir breathes out and smiles.

"It is good. I don't know what's in store for us yet, but I'm glad she's back. Anything is better than not knowing." He rubs the back of his head. "Her name's Cassandra. She's a dark elf sorceress from MERC. I'd like to introduce you to her, if you don't mind."

[Sword Introduction]

"That depends on who they are." Wenomir will start leading Cass through some light exercise. "Koshal usually calls me 'Master Wenomir'. Mia calls me 'Commander', because she's a Vigil member. And Cora, Cessie's daughter, just calls me by name. So call me whatever you want." He looks her straight in the eye as he says this.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #335

[Next To Cessie’s Office==>Elsewhere]

"Uh, just make sure to give me your numbers and addresses!" Krakarow calls after them.
    "Sure will!" Anika calls back, having neither of those things.
    Only once they left the commander's village the druid seems to notice that Blanche have taken her hand. "Oohh, you're a naughty one." She declares with a wink.

[Wenomir's House]

Anika raises her hand as if she was a student as soon as Wenomir starts describing Cass but puts it down when he mentions them meeting. "OK, I guess- no, I probably still need to know what a 'dark elf' is so I don't accidentally offend her or anything. Also what a sorcerer is. Is that a mage or a warlock?" Anika raises her eyebrow. "...not that I have anything against warlocks or anything. I have warlock friends y'know."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-04-29 at 02:27 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Calm Reed nods. Time to give a somewhat simplified account...

"In a manner of speaking. I come from a bloodline that was blessed by the Elemental Dragons. Many of us awaken to their power. Monks like me devote themselves to serving their cause and learn martial arts to enforce it."
    [Training Grounds]

Jedrek has not heard of the Elemental Dragons, though he presumes their name tells the story well enough. "And what is their cause exactly? How many more monks are there like you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ilphirmary]

"I dunno what we're gonna do with her yet," He looks at the real Ilphy so she's sure who he's addressing, "Though I'd really like to know more about who it is rescued you." He gives the nymph a rather curious look.

The stag voices a particularly grim thought. "What if... she's not a clone. Exactly. She has other memories, right?" He chews his lip. "...What if she's somebody else, a real whole person, and the demons brainwashed her... changed her... to think that she's Ilpholin? Let her keep memories from both. And now it's all just running together like soup. There were sure enough people lost in Riverside that somebody could have been lifted off the street without someone batting an eye."

The alcohol's already been vetoed, but Adir turns and shakes his head sadly at Not-Ilphy anyways. "Sorry. Maybe a soda? Something to eat?" He doesn't know if Ilpholin's right about the anti-toxin stuff in Not-Ilphy's system, but it doesn't sound like something they should risk.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-04-29 at 07:24 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #338

Elsewhere

The catgirl blinks before blushing, her confidence given a little bit of a boost. ”You’d be surprised at just how naughty I can be,” she flirts, leaning up on her toes and only looking briefly disappointed about the fact that it’s still not enough height to pull Anika into a kiss. ”Just... tell me if I’m getting a little too affectionate, ok? I’ve never done this before, and I dunno how serious or casual you wanna be,” she adds.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"There are many monks, but only some of them are Dragon-Blooded like me. Others are mortal, but they also learn martial arts." Calm Reed slips her hands into her sleeves. "And our cause is order, as prescribed by the Dragons. Make sure gods perform their roles and don't extort mortals. Keep the vile Anathema and monsters at bay. Preach to the people and keep their souls on the right path. Not unlike what we do here, really, other than the preaching."

[Wenomir's House]

"A sorcerer is just what you'd call a mage," Wenomir explains. "And a dark elf is just an elf who has a particular skin color. Bluish purple." He pauses. Purple... wait. Does he have a type now? And is that type "purple elf"?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

"That depends on who they are." Wenomir will start leading Cass through some light exercise. "Koshal usually calls me 'Master Wenomir'. Mia calls me 'Commander', because she's a Vigil member. And Cora, Cessie's daughter, just calls me by name. So call me whatever you want." He looks her straight in the eye as he says this.
    [Sword Introduction]

Cass nods.

"I'll just stick with, uh... 'Commander', then," she says, feeling a little awkward under that stare. "I'm no Vigil member, but its still your title."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"I see. I am not sworn to such a cause, but I still believe in the benefit Vigil has to offer," Jedrek says. "What is an Anathema?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

"Commander it is, then." Wenomir smiles and continues the warm-up. One it's finished, he wipes some sweat from his forehead and goes to pick up two practice longswords. "We'll start with the basic stances and movements, like with all my students. Follow after me."

He'll then proceed to show Cass the basic postures and motions of longsword fencing. He's starting from scratch here, since he doubts Kr's memories are going to be of much help to Cass, even if she has those particular ones.

[Training Grounds]

"Anathema are demons who steal power from the sun and the moon, then possess people to turn them into monsters." This is, of course, not true. But Calm Reed doesn't know that. "Fortunately, there are none here, as far as I know. But there are plenty of other equally dangerous things. You seem well-equipped to handle them, however."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

Cass hefts the practice sword she's given uncertainly, obviously unfamiliar with the weight, which Wenomir might have expected.

As they move into the exercises, however, Cass will show herself to be remarkably adept, flowing through the stances with a confident grace. The main error that Wenomir will find is that the tip of her sword tends to droop consistently (and need to be corrected), as if Cass is unused to the balance of the sword.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-05-01 at 04:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"It sounds like we are fortunate then indeed," Jedrek remarks. "The world is imbalanced enough as it is without someone siphoning from the celestial bodies themselves."

It sounds spiritually unwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #345

Elsewhere

"Oh, are you?" Anika inquires as she gently pokes her finger into Blanche's stomach and then puts her other hand right in-between the catgirls legs and attempt to lift her by the butt so they're at eye-level. "I'ma gonna kiss you, ye I'ma gonna kiss you..." It sounds a bit like she's talking to a pet, but you wouldn't kiss your pet like she does, and probably not squeeze their butt like that either.

[Wenomir's House]

"Blue elves..." Anika taps her chin thoughtfully. "Elves were the ones with small ears, right?" The druid gestures at her own ears. "And humans got small round ones, like dwarves." She nods to herself as if she just answered her own question. "But anyway, that's cool. Tell me more about her. What's she like? What kind of spells can she cast?"

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

Wenomir is, indeed, surprised. He didn't expect any familiarity with sword-fighting of any kind from Cass. Kr's memories wouldn't help her, because while she was familiar with it through him, she never practiced it. And while she could have learned it in the time between Kr's disappearance and their meeting, she really didn't give him the impression that she did. And yet, he was evidently mistaken.

"Have you studied some form of martial arts before?" He asks. "You're picking it up faster than I had expected."

[Training Grounds]

"Yes, indeed. Especially given the frightening power it gives them." Calm Reed nods. "In any event, if you wish to learn more about my martial arts, I will be glad to share. I'm teaching one of our members in one of them as well. Though this is not something I do lightly."

[Wenomir's House]

Wenomir decides to gracefully omit the part where Cass sneaked into his house. Best to leave that behind them.

"She specializes in the subtler kind of magic. Not as flashy as you see many sorcerers and mages throw around... or that she used to like. She has learned how to be stealthy and covert when she was gone and this applies to her magic, too. Other than that..." He waves his hand. "She's pretty impulsive. Often prefers to act rather than think. Not unlike you, I suppose," he adds, only now realizing it.

[Training Grounds - Arena]

Wenomir is overseeing two groups of Vigil members perform a strategic exercise of extracting hostages from a building. A few simple wooden barriers have been put up to approximate one. He seems satisfied with what he's seeing.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

Svetlana walks past, her head held high like a princess as she's accustomed to, wearing her pink figure-skating dress. She's holding a new purchase, a sheathed katana with a dark violet scabbard. Finding Wenomir, whom she was looking for, she steps beside him and bows humbly. "Good day, Wenomir-sensei. My newest acquisition." She unsheathes the katana and swings it around a bit so as to show that it's well-balanced and well-crafted.

"Asides from karate, I am also skilled at Iaijutsu, the art of Quick Draw. I was hoping we could train?" She asks, smiling politely.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-05-01 at 05:01 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #348

[Wenomir's House]

No sooner has 'impulsive' been mentioned before Anika raises her hand. "I was about to say, I can be pretty impulsive too. But I always think, especially when I act." She claims, her finger remaining raised. "I just think better when I act I think. Not sure why. My brain work better when I get the blood flowing maybe." The druid seem to consider this for a moment, but don't linger on the thought for very long. "But anyway, anything else I need to know or should we go see her? Pretty sure we shouldn't stand around talking about her back. I mean, you're almost making her sound a bit dumb and I can't imagine you being with a dumb person." She taps her head.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir nods to Svetlana, before looking down at her sword. He's seen such blades before and has one in his collection.

"We certainly could, but I think we might hone skills other than swordsmanship today. How are you with acrobatics, awareness or other kinds of weapons? Have you ever practised while blindfolded or denied some other sense?"

[Wenomir's House]

Wenomir shakes his head and raises his hand, a little defensively.

"No, that is definitely not what I meant. But yes, it's better if you meet her than for me to keep talking about her. I'll just need to call ahead and make sure she has time to meet us."

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Yes, it would appear so, and thank the heavens for that, the last thing we need is an insidious invasion.

Felandria sets down her clipboard.

That being said, it doesn’t mean these things won’t try something like that in the future, so the question is, do you plan to bring the fight to them?
    [The Clinic - After Checkups]

"Yes" Mr C adds from his part. "I just wonder how long this would keep." strangly Mr. C is currently on the ceiling walking there upside down.
    "Even if we come every now and then to checkup the crew we might not prevent the damage they can do between. Soooooooooo I kinda agree with her what do you got in mind to do against them?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #351
    Pixie in the Playground

"I was a professional figure skater for more than a decade, and I became proficient at ballet to help my sport. I'm very acrobatic, sensei. As for weapons, I only desire to use a sword, my fists or a gun. I carry a laser pistol with me everywhere I go. This cybernetic body of mine houses a few surprises, as well." Svetlana stretches her hand forward, looking at it with it's cyber-lines, then puts it down.

"As for denying my senses, no, sensei. Figure-skating and ballet, yes, but not for combat. I shall like to try that." She nods gracefully.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #352

Elsewhere

Blanche’s cool composure flickers as the jumpy catgirl flinches from the poke to the chest, but it’s nothing compared to the way simply melts as Anika hefts her up one-handed like it’s nothing. Normally she’d have some dry chastisement to answer being talked to like that... but considering the circumstances, she’s certainly not in a position to muster one before curtains are drawn. Probably for quite a while, and hopefully moving somewhere secluded enough that other members aren’t likely to stumble across them.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #353

Elsewhere==> Anika's Room

Yes, Anika will thankfully carry her off to some more curtain-friendly place than near the commanders village. Wenomir and Cessie could probably still have seen them if they looked out the windows.

Likely the druid's own room.

"Hey Blanche, have you met Rain yet? I should introduce you to her if you haven't. She's pretty great." Anika inquires as she puts her bra back on.

[Wenomir's House]

Anika gives Wenomir the thumbs up. "Sweet! I'll just sit back and wait then." She leans back in her chair.
    Though as she turns out, Anika is not very good at sitting back and waiting. Just seconds after Wenomir finishes the call she's up and looking out the window as if expecting Cass to already be outside.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-02 at 03:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

"I... know something about fighting with rapiers and small swords," says Cass, nodding hesitantly. "It's pretty different from this. The weight is all towards the back - the tip is much more light."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

Wenomir nods with understanding as he shows Cass another set of stances and movements.

"Well, of course. Rapiers are completely different weapons. But knowing them will certainly help with learning something else. Where have you learned to use them?" he asks with genuine curiosity.

"Very well, then." Wenomir looks out at the hostage drill. "A laser pistol will do fine. The important thing is to have something to use on targets beyond the reach of your limbs and weapons. I use throwing knives. But you're well on your way to mastering the sword, so I'd like to teach you something else you'll need. Focus, concentration and quick thinking. That's what separates a good fighter from a master. I just need to think of an appropriate challenge."

"We can't wait for them to come to us, no. But finding out where they're striking from has been difficult so far." Wenomir doesn't sound too happy about this, needless to say. "We fought a massive infestation in Inside, but there are clearly others about. And killing individual ones is about as helpful as emptying a lake with a bucket."

Dorota is busy putting away some tools, so she's conveniently nor participating in conversation right now.
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-05-02 at 07:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

Svetlana listens attentively, nodding. Of course, she's excited at the mention of being taught something, anything, by her teacher. This excitement shows despite her calm demeanour. "Yes, sensei. Would it involve training blindfolded? I would be interested in that, indeed." The princess-like cyborg suggests.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Yes, indeed. Especially given the frightening power it gives them." Calm Reed nods. "In any event, if you wish to learn more about my martial arts, I will be glad to share. I'm teaching one of our members in one of them as well. Though this is not something I do lightly."
    [Training Grounds]

"I can't imagine anyone would," Jedrek says, bowing again. "It would be an honor to learn whatever you would teach. Where should I go from here?" He means physically, not on some spiritual enlightenment or personal growth. He could stay here for a very long time, but that might seem burdensome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #358

Anika’s Room

Doing so may prove a little difficult as Blanche, having been very thoroughly worn out, will have snuggled up against the night elf and draped an arm across her front. ”I haven’t yet, but, er, she’s kinda one of my next door neighbors, so I, er, think I can guess why you say that.” She blushes a little as she says this, awkwardly recalling things she’s overheard from the other side of the wall before perking up as a thought occurs. “That reminds me, I meant to talk with Kal at some point. Though I guess it’s, uh, not as big an issue now.”
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir is silent for a while yet, before saying:

"Not blind-folded. We'll find you a pair of dark goggles to obscure your vision without blocking it entirely. Then you'll need to carry a mannequin through an obstacle course without letting it come to harm. This will teach you caution and awareness in a difficult situation."

[Training Grounds - Martial Artists]

"Once a leader approves my assessment of your capability, you will be assigned living space here," Calm Reed explains. "It can be either a room of your own or a place in a shared one."

[Wenomir's House]

After a brief phone conversation, Wenomir turns back to Anika.

"She agreed to meet us in Dancing Fox's Inn. Have you ever been there? It's like Trog's, but calmer."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

Wenomir nods with understanding as he shows Cass another set of stances and movements.

"Well, of course. Rapiers are completely different weapons. But knowing them will certainly help with learning something else. Where have you learned to use them?" he asks with genuine curiosity.

"Very well, then." Wenomir looks out at the hostage drill. "A laser pistol will do fine. The important thing is to have something to use on targets beyond the reach of your limbs and weapons. I use throwing knives. But you're well on your way to mastering the sword, so I'd like to teach you something else you'll need. Focus, concentration and quick thinking. That's what separates a good fighter from a master. I just need to think of an appropriate challenge."

"We can't wait for them to come to us, no. But finding out where they're striking from has been difficult so far." Wenomir doesn't sound too happy about this, needless to say. "We fought a massive infestation in Inside, but there are clearly others about. And killing individual ones is about as helpful as emptying a lake with a bucket."

Dorota is busy putting away some tools, so she's conveniently nor participating in conversation right now.
    Well, you know I’m always up for some action.

Perhaps an undercover mission?

I do have the ability to shapeshift, if we find a hive, I could infiltrate?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre