New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[Arriving]

"Spectacular," the Asura says. "We do have a demand for well-versed engineers. Many of our members are of the martial or magical persuasion. Including myself, though of course I am a graduate of the College of Dynamics. What fields do you specialize in?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anika’s Room

Anika's eyes widens. "For real?" She suddenly leans down and gives the catgirl a passionate kiss while running her hands through her hair. "I'm going to give you the best time of your life then." She finishes the kiss with. "It's going to be your first and greatest date ever. Sentinels oath." The druid declares while solemnly pressing her hand against her chest.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-14 at 07:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #393

Anika’s Room

”Mmph!” Anika seems to catch Blanche a fair bit unawares as she pulls her in, her partner jolting before fingers sink into her hair and she manages to restrain the reflex. A second later and she eagerly reciprocates, hands relaxing against the night elf’s form. “I can’t wait,” she responds breathlessly. “so far you‘ve been really good at first times.”
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"I specialize in starcraft engines," the armored man replies, "and I've done some demolitions and excavation on the side." He hasn't heard of any college of dynamics, but there are a great many institutions in the universe, and no one can be expected to know all of them.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #395

NinjaGuy

[Briefing VIGIL]

A few days after Wenomir's unexpected dream trip, Electra shows up at VIGIL, the first time she's visited the organization since she came to the Nexus. Unfortunately, this isn't a social call, however. She steps off the tram, clad in her armor, weapons hanging in their folded, "holstered" form at her hips, and takes a look around for a moment. A floating island. Floating islands didn't work out too well in her home dimension, but then, magic wasn't really available in her home dimension, so things probably even out. After a moment, she looks for someone who looks like they know where they're going to ask directions from. No sense beating around the bush.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Lending Awen a Hand]

Awen sits down at the chair.

She nods. "I...I see," she says. "I'm sure you've already seen this in my medical file, but my skin is a bit harder to cut through than normal skin, and resistant to magic too, so I just wanted to make sure you've got the right tools on hand." Mia has probably already seen this and prepared for it in advance, by picking the right kind of anesthetic and the right delivery method, and so on.

"I'm okay with it taking several hours," the witch says, "and as long as you understand it, you don't need to explain it to me." Even if Mia did explain what she was going to do, Awen wouldn't really understand it anyway. She just has education as a maid and apothecary, so most of it would just go right over her head. She does want to know, however: "If you're connecting arteries to it...that means my blood will be going through it, too, right?" she asks. If that's true, it's a relief. Having her own blood pumping through a robot hand is something she finds a bit relieving because then it'd feel more like her own hand instead of something separate. "What happens if it gets cut or damaged? Will it heal like normal, too?"

"You need me to move somewhere first?" she asks. Like, to lie down somewhere specific. She'll obey, and then just trust that Mia can make everything go alright.
    [Lending Awen a Hand]

"Yes, your blood will run through it. Were I am from this is important to make it a part of your body just like your real hand was." Mia says and yes if there are files with such data she already prepared for it otherwise she would just need some more time now.
    "It should be even harder to break then your normal arm and even harder to cut. It won't heal itself, but you can come to me at any time so i repair it." The hand should be strong enougth to block most normal material weapons, swords, axes etc. Even gunshots won't destroy it but they might leave a dent or break it when hit to much.

Mia will lead her to a room where the anestetic happens after she passes out she will be brought into the operation room, thought she won't notice it, but best to tell. Standard operation process. And if nothing went wrong she might end up waking up.

((Unless something happens or there are problems you want to play out I guess we can handwave things))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #397

Anika’s Room

Anika looks concerned for a moment. "I didn't get too rough with you, did I? Sometimes I get too physical too fast." The kal'dorei raises an eyebrow and giggles. "Oh, I could guess you were new, but also pretty amazed. You've had these heats for how long? I mean, if you managed to satisfy yourself for this long you will do just fine with others. Trust me, few people are going to say no to you. You're just too cute and sexy not to take a bite of." The druid grins and makes a biting motion with her mouth, ending up devouring a part of Blanche's finger without actually biting down on it. She just waggles her long eyebrows suggestively.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-15 at 03:32 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398

Anika’s Room

”No! I, erm, actually think I kinda like it rough, actually.” The catgirl rubs the back of her neck as she admits it. “And well, they usually tend to last a few days, so I’m not sure I’m that good,” she attempts to downplays, giggling a little as Anika waggles her eyebrows. “You’re one to talk.” With the compliment made, Blanche visibly musters a bit of courage and leans over to plant a kiss on the night elf’s cheek.

”Er, I wasn’t actually lying about those expense reports... but I can put them off and stay the night if you want,” she shyly tries to offer.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-05-15 at 03:52 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #399

Anika’s Room

Anika runs her hand through Blanche's hair as she kisses the druid. Affectionately caressing her while she slowly starts moving away. "It's okay. You can't skip a report." Says the woman who have never filled in a single one her life. "Besides, we should save some stuff for our date y'know?" She plants a kiss on the catgirls forehead. "Trust me, the anticipation will only make it better and I think we both got stuff to do, yours probably more important than mine." Anika winks and grins as her hand caresses Blanche's cheek.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-15 at 05:14 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

VIGIL - Cessie's Office:

At around six in the afternoon, a man clad in a pair of ratty dress trousers and a pale blue turtleneck sweater knocks quietly upon the door leading into Cessie's office. His gangly arms are burdened with several large bundles of journals and related paraphernalia, and a briefcase has been cuffed to his wrist. The man appears to be in his late thirties, with a strangely proportioned body and stark facial features. Long hair falls over his face in greasy curtains, and his dark brown eyes are surrounded by darkened circles which suggest a lack of sleep.

As he waits for the door to open, he practices his smile. It is not a particularly pleasant smile, especially given how broad his mouth is and how lopsided his features are.

"Deep breaths, Nickie. Deeeeep breaths."

"Just reeeeal deep. Got this."

--

Spoiler: Ref:
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-05-15 at 04:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401

Anika’s Room

Blanche looks a little disappointed that she won’t be snuggling up with her tonight, but it swiftly melts away under Anika’s affections. She can’t help but nuzzle just a little into the night elf’s hand, reluctantly breaking away to stretch and retrieve her shirt from where it ended up in a tangle of sheets at the foot of the bed. ”Ill try to keep my excitement under wraps,” she promises with a smile, adding “It’ll be hard to get work done feeling this giddy!”

With that, she’ll presumably head out, stumbling a little at first as she realizes how shaky her legs still are, and definitely forgetting her bra in the process.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #402

VIGIL - Cessie's Office:

His interviewer, miss Mithar, comes moving down the hallway. She's a woman in an impeccably clean and smooth dress that looks to belong back in the 1800's rather than a modern party which would explain why she wears it to work. She notably wearing gloves indoors despite it not being particularly cold either here or outside. It just seems like it's something that goes with the rest of her outfit.
    First glancing at a notebook in her hand, she turns to address Nicodemus. "Valiance Nicodemus? Welcome to VIGIL." She offers her hand and smiles. "I'm Cessie Mithar, one of the commanders here. Why don't you come inside my office so we can talk?"

Anika’s Room

Anika points at Blanche. "That's the right attitude. Go and kick that report's ass now!" Anika declares as she gives Blanche a pat, more like a light punch really, on the back.
    But unlike Blanche, she does notice the missing underwear. "Hey!" She exclaims as she grabs the bra, quickly knuckles it up into a ball, and heads out into the corridor after Blanche where she proceeds to throw it after her. "You forgot this!"

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

VIGIL - Cessie's Office:

As Ms. Mithar strides down the hallway, Dr. Valiance steps back slightly and offers what seems to be an attempt at a friendly wave as she draws closer. Unfortunately, the gesture is largely restricted by the catalogue of journals held in his arms. With a glance towards Cessie, Nicodemus cannot help but feel underdressed. Perhaps he should have bought his civilian clothes from a respected storefront instead of "borrowing" a nice sweater from his community theater. No, surely, Cessie is simply overdressed. Even if not, this will work out fine, his work will surely speak for itself! If not, there's always the briefcase. A solid plan B for sure. For sure!

Once she offers her hand, Dr. Valiance frowns awkwardly before reading something written on the back of his hand in only somewhat legible sharpie. "Ah, Ms. Marther. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am genuinely flattered by this opportunity, of which I am grateful. Really!"

"I would love to shake your hand, but all this stuff is really quite burdensome, and none of it's super well organized, so. Just be a pain if anything fell."

"Maybe we could just tap feet or something? Would that be weird, or?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-05-15 at 05:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

[Briefing VIGIL]

Electra will be directed to Wenomir fairly promptly. Vigil were expecting her. The commander will meet her in the academy, dressed in his official uniform, which is different than the one Electra has seen him in so far.

"Electra," he says when he sees her approach. "Welcome. We've been expecting you."

[Arriving]

"Starship engines?" the Asura repeats after him. "I believe I can surmise who to acquaintance you with now. You should speak to one of our most-tenured engineers, who I believe designed the island's means of propulsion. But first, what name should I call you by?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Arriving

"Saramond Goshen," the armored man reaches out a hand to shake, "Valtrane Corps of Engineers." He waits for the Asura to begin leading the way.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #406

Anika’s Room -> Barracks

Blanche responds with a crisp mock salute before slipping out. ”Yes ma’am!” She pauses on the way down the hall when Anika calls out to her, ears perking up... and feels her cheeks turn bright red when she catches it and realizes what she’s holding. “T-thanks, sorry about that!” Having hastily apologized, she’ll stuff the article into a pocket and hurry home, hopefully before anyone can see how embarrassed she looks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sword Introduction]

Wenomir also seems a little awkward touching Cassandra, but he seems to move over it quickly and resumes the training. Things might get a little tense as Wenomir goes through the basics of longsword fencing and reaches the close-contact shoving and grappling techniques. When it comes to demonstrating them, he will of course be slow and gentle, but nonetheless end up in very close proximity to the elf.
    [Sword Introduction]

Cass seems a little awkward again, but seems determined to focus - trying her best to stay on task and get on with the lesson, despite the close presence of Wenomir. Her 'best' might not be good enough though, as Wenomir will be able to notice her getting increasingly flustered and distracted during the grappling.

[Barracks]

You know, making a set-up like that is how you get into trouble. Blanche won't get far before bumping into a certain hunky tiefling, returning to the barracks after sparring with another member. Perhaps even literally bumping into him, though Kal has fast enough reflexes to catch her before they actually collide.

"Woah hey there. What's the rush?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Introduction]

Though he was more stoic at first - martial arts always give him focus that overrides most other considerations - close grapples with Cass do make Wenomir's mind... wander as well. He does his best not to let it interrupt the training, but can't quite keep it up, so it ends just a bit more quickly than perhaps it should. He steps away and takes a few deep breaths, looking at Cassandra.

"I think that's enough. As far as first lessons go, this was a good one."

[Arriving ==> Finding Mia]

"I'm Dirvak, originally from the College of Dynamics in Rata Sum." The Asura starts leading the way through the base. "The person I hope to promptly locate is Mia Mechanicus. She has been a part of Vigil for quite some time, or so it has been related to me."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-05-15 at 05:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409

NinjaGuy

[Briefing VIGIL]

Electra looks around the VIGIL base as she's directed to the academy, and once she's found Wenomir, she looks him up and down for a moment. Despite her politely neutral mask, Wenomir can see more than she'd probably like in her eyes and past her careful attempt at masking her emotions. There's a lot there to unpack, the careful analysis as she looks him up and down, the rational threat assessment, an extremely slight downward twitch of her mouth as her gaze lingers ever so slightly on the Answer, and underneath it all, an air of fatigue. She gives a grim smile.

"So I see. I've brought the materials I promised," she says, tapping one of her auditory sensors with a finger. "Is it just you here, or are any of your command staff going to be joining us?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

20. - Top - End - #410

[Sword Introduction]

Though he was more stoic at first - martial arts always give him focus that overrides most other considerations - close grapples with Cass do make Wenomir's mind... wander as well. He does his best not to let it interrupt the training, but can't quite keep it up, so it ends just a bit more quickly than perhaps it should. He steps away and takes a few deep breaths, looking at Cassandra.

"I think that's enough. As far as first lessons go, this was a good one."

"I'm Dirvak, originally from the College of Dynamics in Rata Sum." The Asura starts leading the way through the base. "The person I hope to promptly locate is Mia Mechanicus. She has been a part of Vigil for quite some time, or so it has been related to me."

Mia can easily be found in her workshop. She seems to have moved several havy boxes intot he workshop which makes it harder to move. she is currently not facing the entrance and fcused on a device she works on.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #411

Barracks

Blanche does indeed practically run into Kal, jolting once more when she feels his hands against her. Her face turns red again as she notices first that the man’s bare-chested, and secondly that it’s Kal. Well, speak of the devil.

”N-nothing.” She tries to excuse herself before he notices the very obvious signals of what she was just up to, taking a step back. “Really sorry about bumping into you Kal, won’t happen again.”
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Two Little Angels and A Bear]

Oh.

Oh no.

Animal bellies.

You know what that means don't you?

It means you have to rub them while hoping that they don't act like cats.

Lapis, for her part, is going to do the best with what she's got. And what she's got are little hands on her wings with which she'll begin rubbing through Anika's floof.

She wanted to be pet, right?

That's the impression Lapis is getting so that's what she's going with.

"Yeah but mortals have to learn stuff," Lapis points out. "They don't get born with knowledge. So there must be a bear school for druids."

She's mostly sure that this must be the case.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #413

[Lending Awen a Handwave]

Seems like all Awen has to do is learn a spell that heals robotics.
    It's unlikely she'll ever get one of those, though, given how antithetical robotics seems to be to the source of her power.

((The hand looks like her other hand, right? Not obviously metallic or whatever?))

She passes out.

Some time later, presumably after it's all gone, she wakes up a little disoriented.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Finding Mia

"Pleased to make your acquaintance," Saramond replies. When they arrive at the workshop, he waits patiently. If someone's watching him, they might recognize that he's sizing Mia up, trying to determine what sort of person she is, and, even more importantly, what sort of employer she is.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Arena]

Svetlana will have no problem hearing and smelling the person ahead of her; they're not trying very hard to be stealthy. They turn out to be a lizard-person of some kind, armed with a shield and a practice-baton. They try to simply bar Svetlana's way and prevent her from getting through. Behind them she'll see the course widen and become a series of chest-high obstacles.
    [Training Grounds - Arena]

Svetlana feints in both directions a couple of times, then acrobatically bypasses the lizard person anyway she can, either by sliding below his legs, jumping and flipping over him with her free hand on his shoulder or spinning out to the side if he buys her feint. If neither, then a swift kick to the 'nads should do it.

Once she can pass him successfully, she'll ready herself to jump and climb the chest-high obstacles.

[Bird-chasing and Bear-talk]

Anika grins happily and makes bear-noises, neither which answers Lapis question.
    But then she suddenly starts to roll over down onto the ground to give the two access to her soft and fluffy belly. Still no answers but more pleased bear noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Oh.

Oh no.

Animal bellies.

You know what that means don't you?

It means you have to rub them while hoping that they don't act like cats.

Lapis, for her part, is going to do the best with what she's got. And what she's got are little hands on her wings with which she'll begin rubbing through Anika's floof.

She wanted to be pet, right?

That's the impression Lapis is getting so that's what she's going with.

"Yeah but mortals have to learn stuff," Lapis points out. "They don't get born with knowledge. So there must be a bear school for druids."

She's mostly sure that this must be the case.

Asher makes a disappointed sound when Anika makes bear noises that don't mean anything. "I can understand animals, Anika, so you can still talk to me in this form!" He declares, and when the opportunity presents itself, flops his upper body on Anika's exposed fluffy belly. "There probably is, so they can learn how to transform into bears. Right, Anika?"

"Oo, Lapis, have I told you that I only look little because I'm manifesting in the physical? Look at me beyond this reality!" When she does, which she probably already is because angel, she'll also see that he's fully grown like her. "Can you be little if you want, too?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

[Mia's Workshop]

Dirvak clears his throat once they've entered the workshop.

"Mia? This is a prospective new member, Saramond Goshen. He professes to be an engineer, and as our engineer with the longest tenure, I thought you should be the one to evaluate him."

[Briefing VIGIL]

Wenomir is... inscrutable. When Electra saw him in the dream, he was surprised, confused and then concerned. Right now he's projecting an air of unflappable confidence. It's not entirely genuine, but he's pretty good at keeping it up. The Answer will appear to Electra as a perfectly normal steel longsword... and different than it was in the dream. The cross-guard is longer and thinner, while the hilt ends in a round pommel rather than a ball-shaped one. Is it a different weapon?

"Just me. Cessie Mithar won't be joining us today, but I'll relay everything to her and everyone else who needs it afterwards. I did also read the report we got from... an independent hero, let's say."

27. - Top - End - #417

Anika opens her mouth into a happy bear smile and makes more noises as her belly is being rubbed.
    Asher won't understand any words exactly but he will still understand the meaning that being conveyed wherever they be by noises or just gestures however small. Which sometimes is more than you can get out of actual words. Language can cause so many misunderstandings.

That Anika is enjoying and want more is obvious and that she acknowledges what Asher is saying and understands it would probably not be impossible to guess. But the fact she's asking him "how come" is beyond any guesswork.

VIGIL - Cessie's Office

"It's Mithar actually. Names are hard." She still smiles genuinely, not wanting to make him even more nervous, if that even was possible. It looks like that might actually cause him to explode.
    She could have just not pointed it out but that would just make it more awkward in the long run and Cessie was peculiar about her last name.

She glances down at her notebook again. "Will probably take me a while before I get yours, Mr. Valliance." The sorceress smiles once more at his suggesting of toe bumping. "Just not shaking hands suits me fine. Back where I'm from we didn't even have that tradition so it took awhile for me to adapt it." And even then she always wore gloves.
    "So let's just skip all that and go about the meeting, yes?" She opens the door to her office and holds it open for him before taking a seat behind her desk. "You wanted to join our organization. Is that correct?" Cessie asks, this time without addressing her notes first.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-17 at 03:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

[VIGIL - Cessie's Office]

Nicodemus pales as Cessie corrects him, crinkling his lips together in an embarrassed smile. He knew he should have double-checked what he'd haphazardly scrawled onto the back of his hand, and that was before he had forgotten about it and accidentally washed most of it off in the sink! Ah, but he could hardly be upset. Cleanliness is next to... something or other. Without really thinking about it, he blurts out a poorly thought out response. "Really now?" Out of politeness (and a desire to save face), he fakes a scoff before shaking his head. "See, I knew that didn't sound right, but my... my, erm. My secretary! Wrote a packet for me to digest prior. Name was wrong!"

He laughs awkwardly before frowning. He'd gone too far, if he pulled back now, it'd look too much like a mistake! No, it was all in, now. "Must have been some sort of mistype on the... website, which you all have. Did you know that? Lovely website. I like the... color scheme." Dr. Valiance blinks two or three times before Cessie glances down at her notebook. Oh thank goodness. Those beady eyes of hers felt like lasers, they looked right through him. Just like the jury had. Then, however, Cessie calls him "mister", something he'd always hated. His face twitches rapidly for a second or so before he just smiles. "Oh, its Doctor, actually. Not a big deal!"

It was most certainly a big deal.

Once Cessie opens the door, Dr. Valiance relaxes slightly, though he is still noticeably sweaty. He slides on into her office with all the grace of an oversized spider on skates before collapsing into a chair. "Fantastic. Fantastic! I love that... we're doing this now. To the point! Informative! Just what I like in a potential employer."

"And, yes. Yes I would. I think I've a lot to offer! Several binders worth! Oh, I've so much to show you, Ms. Mithar."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-05-17 at 03:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419

"My apologies. Dr. Valliance it is." Cessie folds her hands together as she watches him talk. What a curious person.

As he finishes she can tell how eager he suddenly was and she could feel some relation. "Oh, by all means, go ahead. But just before you show me. What exactly is your specialization as a doctor? I admit ignorance in the area but I'm sure you can explain it to me."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, it's no trouble, really! Most people don't take me for a doctoral type. Must be the youthful exuberance with which I conduct myself." He chortles awkwardly before exhaling. As Cessie continues, Dr. Valiance furrows his brow and attempts to listen intently, but the ringing in his ears makes it difficult to focus. Oh gods, it was near-constant now! He'd have to go to an actual doctor about that sooner or later. Nicodemus hated doctors, though. Medical ones, at least. Maybe he just didn't like hospitals? All white and sterile, creepy as hell? Smells like old people! Yes, that was it! It wasn't doctors he didn't like, it was old people! Doctors just usually happened to be old! A coincidence, of course. Of course! "Oh, erm. My specialization!" Nicodemus closes his eyes real tight as he feels himself becoming distracted, smiling warmly as he opens them up again.

He shrugs slightly before setting his enormous pile of binders down upon Cessie's desk. "Mind if I set those down a second? I talk better with my hands free. Just a silly thing about me. Silly stuff. Fun and casual." His left eye twitches before he breathes in nervously, setting the suitcase cuffed to his wrist in his lap. Now, he's free to gesture as he speaks. "Anywho. Where we we? Ah, yes. Qualifications. Well, to start, I've a doctorate in philosophy of applied physics." He chuckles a little before continuing, slapping his knee with a hand. "Those are nonsense words that mean I'm really good at knowing what to tell a computer to do!" Nicodemus winces a little. Perhaps that was not the most flattering description?

No, that was fine. It was funny. Humor is key. Fun and casual.

An awkward pause follows before he picks the conversation up again. "Um, but. In effect, the point of someone like me is to conjoin the theoretical with the practical, turning math into useful things. Turning dreams into realities! Ha, like the quote. Music maker, dreamer of dreams, all of that."

"Perhaps it would be easier to explain my qualifications if I were to tell you a little about my previous occupation?"

"Gods, conjoin is a good word."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-05-17 at 06:22 AM.