New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

[Cessie's Office]

The door is opened by one of Cessie's elementals. A humanoid being that seem to share her bodyshape though doesn't have any clear features. This office is newly built and doesn't appear to have become decorated yet. Right now all that's inside is a desk and a single wide window behind it.

Cessie is standing looking out from said window as they enter. "Can I help you with something?" She inquires as she turns to face them. "Oh, Wenomir and Cassandra. I didn't expect you today or I would have brought in chairs. Do you want to go to Wenomir's office instead, or are you fine with standing? I could also try to fetch a few from outside." Or rather, the elemental would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cessie's Office]

"Fetching some chairs would be easier than going to my office," Wenomir decides. Hopefully Cass doesn't become too curious about the state of Cessie's office, as Wenomir suspects the latter would rather not speak of having had to burn it to the ground. "Cassandra... knows where to find the souls. It won't be easy, but at least we know where to look." He looks to the elf, letting her elaborate.
    [Cessie's Office]

Cass glances at Wenomir in surprise.
    "Not wasting time, then." She says, pursing her lips. "Maybe we should do the chairs first? A glass of water wouldn't go amiss, either. Or some tea."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

"Hardly any clothes you say?" Raven bites her lip, eying Anika over closely before tearing her gaze away to get back on the truck. Is that a better look for Wenomir? She can't really decide. "I bet you whoever summoned that thunderstorm swapped your bodies too. That was some serious mojo that made things difficult. I'd love to find out who they were and get rid of them. That thunderstorm was not sexy in the slightest." Unlike, apparently, everyone else. Raven missed out on all the best parts!

She glances over at Tiffany and takes a moment before answering, as if assessing her. "I'd like to ask those questions myself, but the only who has those answers can't. I wasn't captured for very long thanks to Tauron, so how they made such a realistic imitation is beyond me. They must have been watching me for a long time now. Closer than I believed. Of course. Why shouldn't they?" Raven starts looking around more deliberately.

"It was simply a tactical choice," Raven explains about her disguise. "AMEN had to have known that one was a fake, so they were trying to lure VIGIL or lure me. VIGIL could have been too deep in and already caught. Heck, I needed to get in the front door at all. There was too many unknown factors at work and I needed to know more about the situation before acting. I was walking in blind, not stupid."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-01-08 at 06:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

[It's Time to Duel!]

Anika's mood doesn't seem to be improving either, but considering the moment of silence she's for once actually considering her words somewhat as she crosses her arms over her chest sternly.
    It probably won't make much of a difference though.
    "Take what back?" See?
    "Like, okay, I probably said some stupid things. I do that a lot. But everyone here being stupid jerks 'cause of me? Oh, that makes sense. Though, you know what also makes sense if you actually think that?" She gestures at the exit. "Leaving."

The Interview

Faith nods as she notes down something else. "And how have the members of VIGIL been treating you so far? Anything that have stood out to you? I'm aware they usually test all their members in some way. Are you allowed to say how you were tested?"

[AMEN Debrief]

Anika laughs as if Wenomir had made a joke. "You should see him as me swinging my staff around. It was epic. Like whoosh and kapow! Right into that stupid skeleton's face!" She makes some swinging motions in the air.
    But it seems like people wanted to linger on some more serious topics so it seems like she had to add her own silver coins to it.
    "Oh! Only Wenomir and I were switched, no one else. So they probably had something on us that they didn't have on anyone else." She considers her own statement for a moment. "Yeah! They were watching the moon well! That's why they showed up there, right?" The events with Natharia, Shanti and the demons that appeared at the well happened just two days ago after nearly two weeks of non-activity. "So what if they were spying on us while were, y'know, getting close at the well? Maybe they took samples we left behind or something. I heard dark magic can do bad things with that stuff." She speculates as she turns to Wenomir.

[Cessie's Office]

"Tea sounds quite nice right now actually. I have some in my temporary office in the barracks. I'll get some along with a couple of chairs and we could ressume the meeting in say, ten minutes? It's not like we're in any rush, are we?" Cessie suggests.

Initiation

Cessie nods, seemingly either ignoring or oblivious of what the term "partner" could imply. "I concur. With your recommendation, Lazarus, there shouldn't be any problems with Fiddelia joining."
    She turns to look at the former slave. "But if you don't mind I'd still like to have a interview of sort so I can get to know you better, Fiddelia. Is that alright with you? There might also be some kind of test but that's for another day. It's less something you have to pass and more like an evaluation tool."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-01-08 at 09:44 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64

It's Time to Duel!

"I'm far more inclined to trust her than you," Blanche retorts, "But regardless of who's telling the truth and who's lying through their teeth, if someone tries to harm a single hair on my friend, I will make them regret it." She seems equally as unwilling to budge here, even if she is less concerned over which party supposedly possesses the moral high ground here. "And if she isn't lying, I doubt I'll regret it either. I live downwind of Cessie's office. It was not a good day for me at all, trust me."

Initiation

Fidelia seems to sense that perhaps she misspoke somehow, noticing the minute pause, but doesn't seem to realize how. The topic changes before she can inquire further, however. "Uh, sure," she responds. "I would hope not - I mean, I know my way around my knife, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to, like, match what Jenette did for hers." There's a soft, nervous laugh.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

"Help me figure something out then, Ilpholin, if the whole lure thing tracks. Why did they let us take the fake? I know they could have thrown worse at us. Could have at least made it a hell of a lot more difficult. But they didn't. So, why?" He looks at Fakepholin a little uneasily once they're all out of the truck and standing around in the skyship.

Adir ends up looking between Wenomir and Anika. Back to this bit about them swapping... waitaminute. Now he really looks. Then he tries to prop his arm on Wenomir and leeeeean down towards him. Not that he has far to lean, with his pal Wendy, but he makes it look like it's an awful long way. He rubs his face in between his forefinger and thumb. Slowly.

"Yeah," he says. Absolutely deadpan. "Maybe they took some samples you left behind or something."

[Spooky Encounters]

Oh no, Laela probably thinks this is part of the game and just goes chasing Lapis around...

After awhile, an old hover-car designed to look like a pickup truck pulls onto the scene.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #66

[It's Time to Duel!]

This wasn't supposed to happen.

None of this was supposed to happen.

She was meant to be done taking such stupid risks. She's just a police officer now, that's it. She and her buddy Michalson, solving crimes in downtown Inside. Small stuff, you know?

Ithuriel's gone through some harrowing things before, but the orphanage...that was so much worse. She can still feel the dull ache of what she has lost. And the anxiety at what could still be lost. All that matters is keeping those kids safe.

And that was meant to be here. Take them to VIGIL, people who should be much better equipped to handle the kind of things threatening these children. Sure, they're probably not the babysitter types, but that's not what matters.

And instead, she's dealing with this. It's disheartening enough to know from this that there's no way VIGIL will be suitable, but there's something particularly upsetting knowing now that one of their members is casually spreading slander about her like this. She didn't get Anika banned! She had nothing to do with this! And since when did Anika heal her? None of this is making any sense!

Ithuriel's body visibly shakes slightly for a moment.

Keep calm, Ithuriel. Keep calm. Don't-

She can feel the red mist descending.

Keep. Calm.

"No." Ithuriel mutters, taking off her robes and throwing them down on the ground in front of Anika. Beaneath, she's wearing form-fitting beige leather armour and what appears to be a ceramic white breastplate. "If you don't even know what you should apologising for, it's meaningless. You're just going to keep spreading slander about me. So how about we settle this a different way?" She asks, darkly. "And if we agree to do this beforehand, you won't have reason to be upset if I harm her, will you?" She asks, looking at Blanche. "Or you can join in and help her if you want. I don't care. I assume VIGIL still has some kind of training ground or arena or something?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie's Office]

Wenomir shrugs.

"I suppose some tea won't hurt. I didn't mean to rush anyone."

Once they've sat down and the tea is served, he speaks up again:

"Cassandra and I spoke about where the souls are now. It sounds like it won't be easy, but I think it'll be possible."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Interview

Spoiler
    Show
    The Interview

Faith nods as she notes down something else. "And how have the members of VIGIL been treating you so far? Anything that have stood out to you? I'm aware they usually test all their members in some way. Are you allowed to say how you were tested?"

"Well I went into the interview with the monk, and we talked a real big game, so Cessie put us up against a giant magical illusion hydra. I think I wound up punching it so hard I broke my arm in six different places. It healed real fast right after, of course, and I probably didn't have to punch it like that, but-" Saint Lazarus shrugs. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think she's actually proud of the preposterous stunt she pulled. I mean, how many other people are ever going to get to say they punched a hydra, even a fake one, right in its giant scaly snout?

"The other members have been fine. I mean, I don't really come here to socialize, just train and maybe run a mission if I'm on duty when the call goes out. My, uh, eating disorder, it doesn't leave me a whole lot of wiggle room, so the more time I can devote to dining out, the safer everyone will be the rest of the day." Hm. She hasn't really spoken to very many VIGIL members, has she? Just Calm Reed, Cessie, and...well, it's pretty much just those two, unless you count that scene in Seaside. Maybe she should try to be a little bit more outgoing and talk to one of the other members later.

Initiation

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiation

Cessie nods, seemingly either ignoring or oblivious of what the term "partner" could imply. "I concur. With your recommendation, Lazarus, there shouldn't be any problems with Fiddelia joining."
    She turns to look at the former slave. "But if you don't mind I'd still like to have a interview of sort so I can get to know you better, Fiddelia. Is that alright with you? There might also be some kind of test but that's for another day. It's less something you have to pass and more like an evaluation tool."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Initiation

Fidelia seems to sense that perhaps she misspoke somehow, noticing the minute pause, but doesn't seem to realize how. The topic changes before she can inquire further, however. "Uh, sure," she responds. "I would hope not - I mean, I know my way around my knife, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to, like, match what Jenette did for hers." There's a soft, nervous laugh.

"No hydras, right?" Jenette teases, knowing full well that if anyone ever seriously suggested putting Fidelia up against something like that, she'd probably lift them up by their neck and throw them out of the room. Even if it was someone famous, like Wenomir or Adir. Just lifted right up by their neck and thrown halfway down the hall. Nothing seriously harmful, just a mild show of force to let them know not to make the same mistake ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #69

The Interview

"VIGIL is supposed to be a goal-focused organization so I guess in a way that makes you a pretty ideal member on paper." Faith observes. "But was this how you lived before the accident too? Worked, ate though obviously in radically different way, and, eh, slept? Do you sleep? I know a few undead actually do, or at least something resembling it. But the point of my first question was is if you've always have had this kind of work ethic though."

Initiation

Cessie smiles and lightly chuckles at Laz's suggestion. "No hydra's, promise." She turns to Fiddelia. "That's actually what the interview is for. To gauge what kind of challenge that would suit you best. I'm trying to tailor-fit them to the skillset of each member. Miss Lazarus and Calm Reed's challenge was purely combat based as that's the kind of skills they said they would bring to VIGIL. You on the other hand, I don't know. Do you have any suggestions? I could take one from Miss Lazarus too as she already knows what you can do." Cessie gestures towards the ghoul knight. "Sometimes it takes someone else to give us perspective on ourselves after all. Of course, the final challenge will be decided by me and Wenomir after the interview."

[It's Time to Duel!]

Anika raises an eyebrow, this just turned interesting.
    The druid nods in response to Ithuriel's question and then holds out her palm towards Blanche as if to stop her. "Don't help me, Blanche. This is between me and her. Let's do this."
    She gestures for the angel to follow and starts to move towards the training ground. "So how are we doing this? First blood? Surrender? A judge? Don't think there is anyone here that would be completely impartial."
    There are a few people out in the training grounds but there are more than enough areas for which they could have a duel. Anika simply picks the closest one.

[Spooky Encounters]

Cessie, or more accurately her vog avatar, will arrive through the same portal Bastion, Laela and Cora came through. Accompanying her is Lucy and Jillian. The two are no doubt happy to see their older sliblings again though the enviroment, including the genderbent Wenomir and Lapis, might confuse them.
    The sorceress will march right up to her children, but they will still have a chance to adress her first.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-01-10 at 09:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

It's Time to Duel!

Blanche looks rather disgruntled as Anika insists on fighting Ithuriel one-on-one, although extending her hand actually does manage to halt her - if only because she was already stepping forward, meaning that she physically stops her. "Fine, but you better kick her ass." She slightly suspects that a full-fledged angel might be a tad too strong of an opponent.

Initiation

Fidelia nods in understanding. "Well, uh, I have a lot of practice maintaining her armor and such, and I'm kinda handy with a knife? I can do, uh, close-quarters stuff pretty well?" She pauses in thought. "I can also, uh, summon metal somewhat - but I'm not really good at it."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #71

Spoiler: Debrief quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

Wenomir sighs, but decides to play along. As humiliating as it was back then, there's no reason to make the mood even more sour now.

"As far as bodies to be stuck in go, Anika's really is a fine one," he admits. "We still don't know who did it. There was this perverted pixie necromancer who attacked us with clothes-melting gas, but she didn't do the body swap in the first place. At least I got the Answer back once we managed to meet up."

The skyship begins ascending back towards the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

"Hardly any clothes you say?" Raven bites her lip, eying Anika over closely before tearing her gaze away to get back on the truck. Is that a better look for Wenomir? She can't really decide. "I bet you whoever summoned that thunderstorm swapped your bodies too. That was some serious mojo that made things difficult. I'd love to find out who they were and get rid of them. That thunderstorm was not sexy in the slightest." Unlike, apparently, everyone else. Raven missed out on all the best parts!

She glances over at Tiffany and takes a moment before answering, as if assessing her. "I'd like to ask those questions myself, but the only who has those answers can't. I wasn't captured for very long thanks to Tauron, so how they made such a realistic imitation is beyond me. They must have been watching me for a long time now. Closer than I believed. Of course. Why shouldn't they?" Raven starts looking around more deliberately.

"It was simply a tactical choice," Raven explains about her disguise. "AMEN had to have known that one was a fake, so they were trying to lure VIGIL or lure me. VIGIL could have been too deep in and already caught. Heck, I needed to get in the front door at all. There was too many unknown factors at work and I needed to know more about the situation before acting. I was walking in blind, not stupid."
    [AMEN Debrief]

Anika laughs as if Wenomir had made a joke. "You should see him as me swinging my staff around. It was epic. Like whoosh and kapow! Right into that stupid skeleton's face!" She makes some swinging motions in the air.
    But it seems like people wanted to linger on some more serious topics so it seems like she had to add her own silver coins to it.
    "Oh! Only Wenomir and I were switched, no one else. So they probably had something on us that they didn't have on anyone else." She considers her own statement for a moment. "Yeah! They were watching the moon well! That's why they showed up there, right?" The events with Natharia, Shanti and the demons that appeared at the well happened just two days ago after nearly two weeks of non-activity. "So what if they were spying on us while were, y'know, getting close at the well? Maybe they took samples we left behind or something. I heard dark magic can do bad things with that stuff." She speculates as she turns to Wenomir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

"Help me figure something out then, Ilpholin, if the whole lure thing tracks. Why did they let us take the fake? I know they could have thrown worse at us. Could have at least made it a hell of a lot more difficult. But they didn't. So, why?" He looks at Fakepholin a little uneasily once they're all out of the truck and standing around in the skyship.

Adir ends up looking between Wenomir and Anika. Back to this bit about them swapping... waitaminute. Now he really looks. Then he tries to prop his arm on Wenomir and leeeeean down towards him. Not that he has far to lean, with his pal Wendy, but he makes it look like it's an awful long way. He rubs his face in between his forefinger and thumb. Slowly.

"Yeah," he says. Absolutely deadpan. "Maybe they took some samples you left behind or something."

[AMEN Debrief]

Not knowing either of the people they're teasing, Tiffany decides to stay out of the body-swap part of the conversation. It's a good way to pass the time on the airship, of course.

Making some connections, she adds, "So, AMEN has some cloning machines, right? Last I heard, cloning just requires DNA and maybe a spirit or something, so if you were captured for a little bit the demons probably had enough to make a clone of you, especially if part of their alliance terms included sharing technology."
    Nearly all of that is complete conjecture, however. She wasn't there.
    But if the demons had Ilpholin's DNA and cloned her, and they had some samples from Wenomir and Anika like Adir is suggesting, and they can turn anybody into demons, Requiem thinks it's entirely possible they'll send out demonic clones of them to battle. She finds this mental image kinda funny, to be honest.

Then, in order to allay some suspicions, Tiffany decides to volunteer some information and answer some questions about Fakepholin. "Those AMEN people...they'd take her -" she gestures at Fakepholin "- to a torture room, and I think they were hoping to get some information out of her or get her to join them or something, not completely sure." Again, it's partly conjecture because she wasn't there. "I don't know if they gave up or if they wanted her rescued, but from what I overheard some of the henchmen said their orders were to funnel you guys to only the places they were told to." Of course, claiming to be an escaped prisoner gives her ample opportunity to overhear henchmen in her escape attempt.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

Wenomir turns away from the others and looks straight ahead, sparing the others the expression of abject embarrassed terror and mortification on his face.

"If I didn't have enough reasons to want to kill them all, this would certainly add one," he says, his voice strained. As desperate as he is to change the subject, he powers through. "The body swap still can't have been easy, so maybe it was the same person that summoned the thunderstorm." He pauses. "If they tortured her, it means maybe they didn't know she was a fake."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

"Excuse me?!" Raven looks back and forth between the saucy lovers. "The Well of Infinite Stamina? That well? You and Anika?" Anika said they were close friends. Which makes sense in Anika language, but given all the times Wenomir seemed uninterested, she thought he was outright celibate or something. This is just too much to take in right now.

Raven lets out a long, low whistle and tries to move on, but she is definitely talking to them later about this. She turns to Adir. "I don't know what you mean by 'let' you take anything. Maybe your newfound strength hasn't gotten to your head yet, but they most certainly were trying to kill us. What's left of them anyways. If anything, it felt like they were actually testing out the new henchman. Using tactics and strategy. The old henchman never did that." A trial run of their new assets would make sense if Adir felt like they were pulling their punches.

"They probably just took her to the torture room just to make it look good in front of the other prisoners. You have to do that when you're trying to fool people. But you know what? It's all speculation at this point. I'm going to ask her." Raven says, motioning at Ilphy. Too many people making too many wild guesses.

She turns to Tiffany. "Where were you kidnapped from? We can contact your family and arrange a shuttle for you to get home." Tiffany's been so invested in the conversation, she forgot that she's free now and can get back to her life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #74

[AMEN Debrief]

Anika hadn't really listened to the whole AMEN clone argument so she clings onto the subject she though she knew something about. "Everyone knows demons play dirty, they got them' succubi going around spanking themselves. I've seen it! They probably had one of those come and scoop things up like the damn perverts they are." She might have mercifully fallen silent right there and then if not another idea had occured to her. "But hey, what if we do the same thing to them? Shanti knows magic like that! Through their stuff we might be able to curse them or whatever." A beat. "And I meant like their black blood, not their... actual stuff."
    She will board the ship once it arrives though even if she seem distracted by her own ideas at the moment.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Early Morning Training

"Blanche Turath - er, Terenti-Turath," Blanche answers, looking a little more formal and composed. She perhaps doesn't quite know of the woman's position in the organization, but Blanche has heard the name before; she understands the woman's notoriety, if not who she is herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Early Morning Training

"Mia Mechanicus. High Priestres of the church of Deus mechanicus. I'm working as an engeniere and also as a dooctor in the infirmary." she says. It's hard for her to get jezzables descriptions done,but a giant mech can never be bad.
    "May I ask how you got here then? It appears like it was an accident."
    Morning Training

If Jezebel recognizes anything special about Blanche's last name, she doesn't show it. She seems to be completely ignorant of any importance in it actually. When Mia introduces herself, she smiles gently though. "I remember you, Mia. You came to the Gardens looking for aid in breaking from Southside. I truly am sorry we couldn't do more than provide some arms and armor, but if you ever need more help, let me know. But to more immediate matters, this isn't an accident. I've been asked to join Vigil so I have. Quite curious how the world turns. It seems to love irony."

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Morning Training

If Jezebel recognizes anything special about Blanche's last name, she doesn't show it. She seems to be completely ignorant of any importance in it actually. When Mia introduces herself, she smiles gently though. "I remember you, Mia. You came to the Gardens looking for aid in breaking from Southside. I truly am sorry we couldn't do more than provide some arms and armor, but if you ever need more help, let me know. But to more immediate matters, this isn't an accident. I've been asked to join Vigil so I have. Quite curious how the world turns. It seems to love irony."
    Blanche raises an eyebrow as Mia introduces herself; she knew enough Latin to understand what “Deus Mechanicus” probably meant. The concept of a religion based around machinery was very new to her, and thus perhaps a little strange.

”Er, in what capacity?” Blanche inquires. Superiors don’t often personally request for you to join their organization as just another lowly member, after all. There must be something special about this lady, at least something beyond her mastery of somewhat impractical weaponry.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Morning Training

"Don't worry about it." Mia says. "Dmside is really save. even the demons couldn't deal with our defence back then so we are safe. Sadly for some reason we got near no visitors." She shrugs and then turns back to the other matter.
    "Invited? Well that is rare. Might have been for a good reason right?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

[Spooky Encounters]

"Seems like your parents are here, kids," Wenomir says. In a manner of speaking, in Cessie's case. Does this portal come from her house or the Frescots'? Cessie, Sakura and Adir will no doubt notice that Wenomir is looking a lot more feminine than before.

19. - Top - End - #79

[It's Time to Duel!]

Ithuriel picks her robes back up, dusts them off, then folds them over her shoulder and follows along after Anika.

Once they get to the training grounds, she sets the robes down and fiddles about with the straps to her breastplate. Wearing anything beyond her leather armour didn't really feel appropriate when Anika isn't similarly equipped. She glances back over her shoulder at the elf as she works on removing her armour. "Until surrender." She answers, "But your friend can step in to stop us if she thinks she need to."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elves!]

Once Rain is done with her song, she hops down from the table, beaming.
    "Ta da!" She says, with a bow and a flourish, smiling at Anika. "Well? What do you think?"

[Cessie's Office]

"It's true." Says Cass grudgingly, taking a sip of tea. "I know where they are. Kind of. I'm less optimistic about retrieving them, if that's what you want to do."
    She takes another sip of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #81

The Interview

Spoiler
    Show
    The Interview

"VIGIL is supposed to be a goal-focused organization so I guess in a way that makes you a pretty ideal member on paper." Faith observes. "But was this how you lived before the accident too? Worked, ate though obviously in radically different way, and, eh, slept? Do you sleep? I know a few undead actually do, or at least something resembling it. But the point of my first question was is if you've always have had this kind of work ethic though."

The ghoul knight shrugs. "I don't know if it's as crazy a work ethic as you make it sound. I get up in the early morning, take a shuttle to VIGIL, train until the afternoon or go out on a mission if there's a call, head home if nothing exciting happens, go home, walk the dog, talk to my roommate, hang out for a while, pick up dinner, and that's more or less the entire day. I don't really need to sleep, but a few hours of rest is usually a good idea to give my body time to heal."

"I don't want to talk too much about what I was doing before the accident, but I had a job as an EMT, and I don't know how much you know about emergency services, but we don't really get days off. Even when I wasn't on the schedule, I was still expected to be on-call for a few hours every day."

Initiation

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiation

Cessie smiles and lightly chuckles at Laz's suggestion. "No hydra's, promise." She turns to Fidelia. "That's actually what the interview is for. To gauge what kind of challenge that would suit you best. I'm trying to tailor-fit them to the skillset of each member. Miss Lazarus and Calm Reed's challenge was purely combat based as that's the kind of skills they said they would bring to VIGIL. You on the other hand, I don't know. Do you have any suggestions? I could take one from Miss Lazarus too as she already knows what you can do." Cessie gestures towards the ghoul knight. "Sometimes it takes someone else to give us perspective on ourselves after all. Of course, the final challenge will be decided by me and Wenomir after the interview."
    Initiation

Fidelia nods in understanding. "Well, uh, I have a lot of practice maintaining her armor and such, and I'm kinda handy with a knife? I can do, uh, close-quarters stuff pretty well?" She pauses in thought. "I can also, uh, summon metal somewhat - but I'm not really good at it."

"I was actually hoping you might know enough about magic to help us figure out how she summons metal, and why it works that way," Lazarus adds. She's sure Fidelia would have a much easier time with her ferromancy or metalbending or whatever it's called if she just had someone to tell her what the rules were. Laz herself had that same problem for the better part of a year, discovering all the ways she had to adjust to being dead. There's still the lingering possibility she might have some magic claw powers or animalistic transformation sequence she's just never known about, simply because her 'sire' was some crazed, mangy animal of a man who was put down by the cops shortly after biting her.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #82

[AMEN Debrief]

While Tiffany's info is useful, it doesn't mean too much as far as Adir can tell. Trying to funnel them into specific places could mean anything. Could just be part of a battle plan. He wants to know if a battle was what they really intended in the first place...

The moment passed, Adir decides to let the 'Anika and Wenomir' thing lie for the time being. Still, he wants to ask Wenomir about it later too. He wants, in a word, the deets. He looks at the real Ilpholin. "Hey, if you say so. I didn't see that Zenon creep, and I was all worried about him popping out to grease us. I can only imagine who else was waiting in the wings. So unless they just randomly decided to be busy - which, come on, it's AMEN - that all begs the question: why? Why hold anything back? Some of these people treat violence like a sport." Adir pauses. Coughs. "I mean, even I like a good scrap now and then, but they're freaks for it."

"All that said, there's a lot I don't know. And maybe I never will. I'm good with AMEN being an unpleasant memory," he decides. "But yeah. We need to talk with her. If she has anything to say."

Then Anika opens her mouth again. Adir can't help laughing. "No, no, we're on to something here! Maybe one of them would take up an offer for a midnight rendezvous at the moonwell." Whatever that was. "...Did you say Shanti?"

[Spooky Encounters]

Laela crawls out from underneath Lapis, who she has somehow gotten rolled under. She doesn't seem to mind, despite the grass stains on her costume. "Mommy! Daddy! Lucy!" She wriggles out and comes to them at a full run. First to the comforting embrace of her parents. She does spare at least a glance for Jillian and Cessie as well, though.

The stag, who has climbed out of his truck by now and accepts Laela with an 'oof' and a hug, says,"Thank God everyone is okay. And thank god for Weno... mir..." Adir stares at Wenomir. "...Is this gonna be a regular thing with you?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #83

Initiation

Yes, the last thing Fidelia mentioned were certainly not like the others. Something you usually want to mention first in your resumeé.
    "Erm, could you demonstrate this ability and perhaps I can see if I can tell you more about it?" Cessie offers. "We could always go somewhere else if you think my office isn't appropriate." It was now far more flame-proof than before however.

The Interview

"Mm, true. I guess my time estimate was pretty off there." Faith remarks with a nod.
    "And I'm familiar enough with the procedures to know it's a tough job. It's not like you can ever decline getting called in when you know people's lives might be on the line. Though, if you don't sleep what do you choose to spend all that time on? Resting is not sleeping after all. When you can do nothing else but think for a while your thoughts can go to pretty weird places. I even know those that choose to put themselves in a stupor for a few hours rather than just laying there."

[Elves!]

Anika slams her fist into the table and then applauds. "Great! Just stunning! I love music." She grins widely, her sharp canines on full display. "And I gotta say, you're the most dashing bard I've ever seen. You nearly got me stunned there." The druid chuckles. "But you must get that a lot."

[It's Time to Duel!]

Anika raises an eyebrow as Ithuriel removes her armor. Surrender? They were both clearly too stubborn to! She shouldn't even have suggested it!
    Ithuriel had to be fairly confident in a win and frankly she didn't know anything about her. She could be like one of those elite creatures you needed a whole party to take down.

Here was what she could tell:
    1. She had wings.
    2. She had unusual eye, hair and skin color, like humans.
    3. She had small round ears, also like humans.
    4. She was really short, like a human.

So she was probably human-like which meant that she was strong for her size (the smaller the human, the stronger they were apparently, kinda like ants). Sure, the smallest ones were called dwarves and gnomes, but they all looked like they belonged to the same human-family. The round-ears.

Furthermore:

5. She was ripped.
    6. She seemed have a sense of fair play with all that armor removing.
    7. She worked as a law enforcer.

Anika had seen paladins manifest wings much like Ithuriel's when they channeled their powers and considering those other aspects she could conclude that she was probably paladin-like. Paladins were great at purging demons and undead, but they could smack around pretty much anyone that came too close with blinding light-kapows. She might actually have to be careful here. Better let her make the first move and see what happened.

The druid knocks her fists together. "Okay then, let's do this." She takes a few steps back and keeps her eyes on Ithuriel, expecting her to make the first move.

[Cessie's Office]

"Well, if 'kind of' is what we have, that's what we'll take. I'm ready to hear whatever you have to share. Any information at all would do at this point." Cessie takes her own sip of tea, her elementals carrying a tray of it. Always ready to serve her more.

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]
    She turns to Tiffany. "Where were you kidnapped from? We can contact your family and arrange a shuttle for you to get home." Tiffany's been so invested in the conversation, she forgot that she's free now and can get back to her life.
    [AMEN Debrief]

It's true.
    Tiffany thought they would question her more to find out more about what AMEN's doing. But, instead, it looks like they just don't treat that organization as a serious threat.

So,
    Tiffany could lie. But why lie when the truth works, too?

Tiffany searches back through this body's memories, trying to see where it came from before she stole it. "I'm from Groundtown, <insert certain neighborhood>, you know, under Skyside," she says. "Dad died when I was four so my mom remarried, and my mom when I was seven, so...my step-dad should still be there."

But wait. Really? Is that what really happened? Her step-father sold her off to one of those slave-orphanages. So, what, this body she stole came from an escaped slave? And if she takes this body to Skyside, slave-catchers might find her...She can't tell them this, they won't believe it and that'll just be more suspicious of her. Guess she just has to make up an excuse, then. "But...I'm almost an adult anyway and so after telling him I'm back I was thinking about moving to Inside."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie's Office]

"We don't really have a choice," Wenomir adds. "So please tell us everything you can and we'll figure it out from there. Brazen missions with slim chance of success are our speciality here at Vigil."

[AMEN Debrief]

Wenomir groans.

"Yes, me and Anika. In the moonwell. I don't know about infinite stamina. Let's save this for later," he says. "I don't think those demons have succubi with them. I've never seen any. And I think that plan is resting on one or two unfounded assumption too many."

The skyship arrives at the island and the fake Ilpholin is hurried off to the clinic.

26. - Top - End - #86

Initiation

The woman looks surprised that Cessie might have some insight to offer - I mean, isn't she a magmamancer? That's like, basalt and pumice and igneous rocks, searing heat and flowing lava. Surely there can't be that much in common between conjuring those elements and summoning steel?

Even so, Fidelia nods, albeit tentatively.

"I, uh, can't do much with it, but...." She holds out a hand in front of her and concentrates, closing her eyes. Slowly but surely, a glint might catch the other's eyes as filings of steel begin to drift from somewhere below the desk, slowly coalescing into a formless blob above her palm. The flow increases a little from a shiver of anxiety - before the squire calms herself once more, and the metal melts away.

It's Time To Duel!

Blanche watches as the two size the other up, preparing to duke it out as she takes a seat on the sidelines. She eyes Ithuriel up, raising an eyebrow as she removes her armor, but doesn't comment.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooky Encounters]

Cora rushes right along with Laela. Bastion, at least, has the presence of mind to push Lapis back onto her feet before running after. "Mommy mommy, there was a ghost!" Cora chatters excitedly as she throws her arms around her mom. "She was like a prankster ghost. She stole my face!"

"There was a ghost in the house too." Jillian informs them as Bastion smooshes her into the now group hug.

Sakura crouches down to Laela's level and gives her a hug before pulling back to arm's length. Uh oh, that's quite a severe look she's got. "Laela, where were you? We were so worried." She beckons for Lucy to come over and join her for a side hug.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Spooky Encounters]

In spite of the rather humiliating condition Lapis finds herself in, she has been having plenty of fun in the last few minutes. She discovered that she can actually CONTROL where she's rolling! And of course she got tagged pretty quickly before she figured that out and the rest of the children evader her SUPER EASY since her legs are so stumpy and she kept falling over. But once she figured out how to roll around and rolled over the top of Cora to tag her the game changed from 'tag' to 'don't get rolled over by Lapis' pretty quickly.

She shuffles awkwardly after the other children!

Oooh, these must be their parents!

She loves them already, they seem super nice.

"Wooloo!" the sheep pokemon says.

It will be quite apparent to everyone here that Lapis Lazuli is introducing herself and informing them all that she had SO MUCH FUN playing with Cora and Bastian and Laela and that they're great friends now and she would love very much to play with them again and also that she bit the giant mean ghost and so it turned her into a sheep.

"Wooloo," Lapis adds. She normally isn't sheep like this she's WAY cooler but being a sheep is kind of okay once you figure out how to roll right.

As mentioned before, Lapis has very expressive bleats.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

Raven frowns at Adir. "I don't think you understand AMEN at all..." She says quietly. She doubts she could get him to understand either. Or if she even wanted to.

So she lets it drop. There was a thousand things she could say to Anika, few of them appropriate. So she tries very very hard and latches onto the one thing she can talk about. "If your sister would be willing to help with that, we should absolutely give it a try." The more demons that are suffering, the better. Even if it meant using dark magic and cursing them.

Looking at Tiffany, she nods sympathetically. "Well, uh, there should be a phone somewhere around here. Good luck!" Raven doesn't know where the phones are so figures someone else can help her with her awkward 'hey step-dad, I'm alive and I'm moving out, bye step-dad' conversation. Raven herself is busy, following Ilphy to the clinic where she'll be heading to the bathroom first to freshen up considerably while Ilphy is being treated.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-01-15 at 06:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #90

[It's Time to Duel!]

Confidence hasn't really crossed Ithuriel's mind.

She's just angry. Too angry. A little voice in the back of her mind is still saying that this is a bad idea. There's been some mistake, some misunderstanding, something else is going on and they really ought to just sit down and talk this through and not start throwing punches at each other like this.

Besides, this loudmouthed elf looked pretty well-built, and her height advantage means she probably has better reach (with fists anyway, Ith's wings kind of let her cheat on that front), and with that generally cocky attitude she's got, she's probably pretty experienced - VIGIL doesn't take on people who can't handle themselves in a fight.

Which means she wants to do something unexpected to throw Anika off-balance immediately. Not that she knows what she'd be thinking.

No, wait, there is something there. The way Ithuriel looks, they tend to expect someone who's going to fight in a much less aggressive manner than she does.

So after a moment to consider this, she beats her wings back to launch herself forwards with a burst of speed, aiming to come in low and drive an elbow straight into Anika's gut.