New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

MEDLAB Felicity & Val

Felicity doesn't trust Val. That might be a trustworthy face, but she's gotten to know the man underneath it, and he's not trustworthy. She'll take her shirt off and fold it up before lying down, just in case. Ideally, she'll be face-down, but I'm not sure how practical that would be. "That's good, because I don't have a condition worth treating. I have to be careful around candles and when cooking, but I use a microwave mostly and even if I'm not careful I don't burn." She's not sure she likes the sound of it, but there's no way she can get out of it, either.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

[Zophiel & Calm Reed]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Zophiel is uncertain whether that would normally be counted as a display of emotion. And even if it is counted, he's uncertain what exactly that emotion conveys: is Calm Reed trying to say that she thinks it's weird but is trying to hide it? Or is she saying something else with that minor display of emotion?

Anyway.
    "Well...that's good that you have experience with this kind of stuff." Gods, he means. Because that is a major concern.

"..Regardless, yeah. There's just way too many unknowns right now." He shrugs.
    "And I still have more immediate things to do first, than getting stuck investigating something that might not even have an answer." For example, he still has to visit another daughter of his. Definitely more important.
    Calm Reed nods and bows slightly.

"I understand that. If you do need help of someone who knows how to deal with gods, you know where to find me."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Zophiel & Calm Reed]

The paladin says, "Yeah. Thanks."

On a slightly different topic before Zophiel goes to go change, he says, "By the way, I've kind-of been out of the loop at Vigil for a while. What big things are we dealing with? Last I heard, it was demons but I don't know how that's changed or evolved or what."

[Medical Facility Scene 1]

Waiting for Cessie, I think

[Medical Facility Scene 2]

??? Has this scene even started yet? Don't even know who to wait for
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Gym Showers]

"Oh." Anika takes a moment to consider this. "Well, it was just a dumb mistake then. Probably happened at some party, am I right? Dumb things like that always happen at those which is why it's usually best to stay away." She made exceptions all the time of course. "Adir's a good guy then, managing to turn you down like that. Which is also why I will never get married. I'd never be able to turn down you." The druid smiles. "But I guess something simple will have to do. Just approach him as Cessie in my company and we'll see what happens. Maybe an opportunity turns up, eh?"
    [Gym Showers]

"Sure... Mistake..." It did happen at a party but there wasn't a lot of drinking involved so Cessie isn't quite sure how that's connected. Or how it makes him a good guy in any way.

"Well that's something at least." Cessie would just have to take comfort with Anika. Again. And again. For now though. "Oh! Yeah, I know exactly what to do now. We were definitely over thinking this. Just a sec." Cessie pushes off the wall and goes to recover her clothes and finally get dressed.

And in particular, transform those clothes into a more classic Hestopian style blue dress Cessie is known for before returning to Anika. "Convincing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #905

[Gym Showers]

Either Anika is making assumptions or she just thinks everyone just get intoxicated on the mere party atmosphere.
    But she was a big believer in the sanctity of marriage though hence why Adir was a good guy for standing with his wife!

Also why she's willing to simply move on even as Cesspholin gives a less than reassuring reply regarding the events. She just chooses to believe that Ilpholin just make a mistake and now feels ashamed for committing it in the first place and it's not like anything happened right?

The druid claps her hands in excitement as the clothes change. She loved this part! And such a pretty dress too! "You look great!" She exclaims while giving the nymph two thumbs up. "It would feel totally weird to make out with you now." Anika chuckles, mentally having to remind herself that C-command quite obviously wasn't interested in her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Medical Facility]

Spako nods and walks over. Hopefully no one is upset about him being barefoot in a medical facility. He holds out a claw to Obsidian.
    "Hullo, Obsidian. Spako Highclaws, at your service. Uh, you just wanna know about dragons? I'm not really a loremaster, but I can do what I can. You already got your shapeshifting? Faster than me, sort of." he tells her, his fin-like ears perked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    MEDLAB Felicity & Val

Felicity doesn't trust Val. That might be a trustworthy face, but she's gotten to know the man underneath it, and he's not trustworthy. She'll take her shirt off and fold it up before lying down, just in case. Ideally, she'll be face-down, but I'm not sure how practical that would be. "That's good, because I don't have a condition worth treating. I have to be careful around candles and when cooking, but I use a microwave mostly and even if I'm not careful I don't burn." She's not sure she likes the sound of it, but there's no way she can get out of it, either.
    [Zophiel & Calm Reed]

The paladin says, "Yeah. Thanks."

On a slightly different topic before Zophiel goes to go change, he says, "By the way, I've kind-of been out of the loop at Vigil for a while. What big things are we dealing with? Last I heard, it was demons but I don't know how that's changed or evolved or what."

[Medical Facility Scene 1]

Waiting for Cessie, I think

??? Has this scene even started yet? Don't even know who to wait for
    [Medical Facility 1]

I'm sure the medics make note of his bareclawedness but don't want to disrespect him in front of this 'fan' of his.
    Cessie smiles but steps back to let the two speak. If everything seemed to go well she could probably go back to her duties soon. She had taken enough time for Obsidian already and had to get back to work. The only thing she needed to do was make sure Obsidian left properly once it was done and for that she was going to use an elemental...

Taking place after Spako and Obsidian have spoken there will still be medical staff and Cessie's magma elemental around. No doubt both Val and Svetlana have seen them before. Having the same rough shape as their conjurer they seemed to obey her every whim and also seemed to serve as her eyes and ears around the base at times.
    Mostly they just ran simple errands for the sorceress however so the question is what it was doing in Obsidian's presence. It just seemed to be standing there at the moment.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gym Showers]

"Oh definitely. I admit I didn't even feel like Cessie until I put the clothes on." There was still a degree of separation. "I'm almost entirely certain she's never been naked in her life." Not even when she was born.

Cessie reaches for Anika's hand. "We're going with simple and subtle. Let's go meet up with Adir and you'll tell him Ilpholin's waiting for him at the gym. But you better believe I'm going to hold your hand the entire time, avoid saying much, and just bask in the public display of affection."

Nothing is lewder than holding hands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #907

[Gym Showers]

Anika laughs at the suggestion that the sorceress never been naked.
    "Probably!" She declares while taking Cesspholin's hand with a wide grin. "Sounds like an excellent plant to me. Let's do it."

A beat.

"I probably need to get dressed first though."

They will probably draw some attention if they walk hand in hand to the medical facility though.
    But Cesspholin can nonetheless go there once Anika have gotten dressed.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-07-10 at 01:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

[Zophiel & Calm Reed]

"The demons are certainly still at large. But we have also received reports of a massive army of machines, mustering to invade. And two members returned from a forest that had been... the centre of a reality-warp. An attempt to reach out to some other place, apparently," Calm Reed recounts.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Halfling in the Playground

[Off to see the Druid]

Adir blinks. "Uh, sure. Follow me. Catch up with us later then, Anika. I'll fill you in if we find anything out."

Once they're some ways away, Adir leans over a little. "So... you've got a kid, huh? What did Anika say to tick her off so much?" He glances ahead thoughtfully. "I wouldn't have imagined Anika knew how to say something cruel."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-07-10 at 05:16 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

[MEDLAB (Felicity/Val)]

Dr. Valiance just shrugs as he mans the controls. "That's no way to live!" He frowns. "Candles are great, they're soothing." He was just saying that. He didn't even own a candle. "Yeah, that last part is... intriguing, to say the least." A hint at his true motive, perhaps? "Anyhow, why don't you just focus on getting comfortable, my brave assistant?" This wasn't going to be particularly painful, or anything. At least, it shouldn't be. Val made certain of it. Still, it would be for the best that Felicity remain calm. "Okay, bringing the machine to life. Just give it a few seconds to warm up, get the motors going. Just think of somewhere nice." A happy place! Something like that.

At that, the cylindrical machine above whirs to life. "Alright, now. You're going to want to relax, okay?" The operating table is quite comfortable, shifting in places beneath her to best support her unique frame. Four hardlight emitters positioned near either end of the table spark for a second, before activating. "Okay, don't move! It might pinch if you move." Bands of light, apparently generated by the emitters, appear upon her wrists and ankles.

Once Felicity is secured, a robotic arm swings close to her back. It lowers itself before spraying her back with some kind of lukewarm liquid.

It stings. It's degrading surface tissue. Easier to extract a skin sample that way.

"See, no blood! How are we doing?"

[VIGIL Laboratories (Anika/Val)]

A smile forms on Dr. Valiance's face. It's soft, and genuine. Perhaps he was just very, very high. "Uh-huh, sure is." Herbs? Priestess? Definitely sounded like some kind of cult thing, but hey - he was down. Super down. "You're here because you've got a great attitude, and you are now my favorite person." What? That didn't sound sarcastic, but it was also really odd. "Right this way." He'll march on forward down the exposed corridor until his passage is blocked by a blast door. He pauses before speaking out towards no one in particular. "Hey, Dahl? Blast Door 1, please. Receiving Lab." The door begins to vibrate.

Seconds later, the blast door grinds open, revealing a large chamber filled with metallic tables and whirring machines. A massive pillar at the center of the room is dominated by strange, coffin-like tanks, while the walls are lined with enormous computer screens. "Okay, Ani - come have a seat." Dr. Valiance will collapse into a seat nearby.

"Show's about to begin."

Spoiler: Recieving Laboratory
    Show

[Mess Hall (Lapis/Val)]

What? What the hell? Val is stumped. "No, you are." The man rubs at his temples before setting his plate down. This was getting out of hand, but there was nothing to be done about it now. "Children are dumb and stupid." He makes a face before pouring several pills into his open hand. Painkillers? Something like that. "Go... eat a crayon, or something."

He frowns before swallowing the pills and turning away.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Gym Showers]

Anika laughs at the suggestion that the sorceress never been naked.
    "Probably!" She declares while taking Cesspholin's hand with a wide grin. "Sounds like an excellent plant to me. Let's do it."

A beat.

"I probably need to get dressed first though."

They will probably draw some attention if they walk hand in hand to the medical facility though.
    But Cesspholin can nonetheless go there once Anika have gotten dressed.
    [Gym Showers]

Cessie tsks. "What were you doing while I was getting dressed? Watching?" Cessie's momentary grin says she was most certainly moving in such a way to guarantee Anika did so.

Regardless, she'll wait until Anika is actually dressed before taking her hand again, not caring much about the potential attention along the way. She's fairly certain no one would ever bring it up with Cessie anyways. Regardless, Cessie's poise is more dignified and her smile greatly subdued as she walks with Anika as Ilpholin takes up almost an entirely different style to match Cessie's. Anika's got the lead on this one, if only because Cessie doesn't know her way around the island as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #912

[Medical Facility - guest-starring Spako and Cessie]

Obsidian looks at his claw.
    She's supposed to grab it and curtsy, right? She saw someone doing that once.
    So, she does exactly that. She reaches to grab her claw with her left hand, and curtsies.

"Yeah, I did," Obsidian says, nodding. "This one lady taught me when I was still a hatchling. 'cause of the dragonslayers." The easiest way to avoid dragonslayers is to not look like a dragon. "But...um..." She looks a little sheepish admitting this, but, "...I can't change back right now because I left my scales over at that one graveyard in Inside because I didn't want anyone stealing them while I was here." And her right shoulder was injured, so she couldn't walk on four legs.
    It's really sad. Here Spako is, looking all cool and stuff, but she's just stuck here looking boring and...not-dragon-y.

Obsidian is really excited, of course. She's just also nervous because "Sorry." She laughs. Her laugh reveals how she's feeling. "Not counting my family, you're the first one I've met that's older than me, so I don't...I don't really know what I'm supposed to do to impress you and I didn't really bring any gifts or food or anything for you..." And she doesn't have wings, so she can't do that, either. Shoot, why didn't she think about this before coming here? She should have thought this out and brought at the very least a zombie head for him, or anything.

"So, yeah. I don't even know what I'm supposed to think." And she hopes he'll tell her there's really no reason to be so nervous.

[Medical Facility Scene 2 - featuring Val and Svetlana, probably]

Obsidian is, of course, still here. Since Spako has already left, Obsidian is left just telling the magma elemental how cool that all was and telling it all her impressions of Spako.

Having never met Svetlana, she's probably the best one to sneak up on Obsidian because she won't suspect a thing. If Val does it, she'll maybe recognize him.

[Zophiel & Calm Reed]

"I see," the paladin says. "That's pretty significant."

He thinks for a few moments, then asks, "While I'm out doing other things, is there anything in particular I could be doing to assist with those efforts? Or anything I should keep my eyes out for?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #913

[Gym Showers==> Adir and the pranksters]

"Doing anything else would be a crime, miss C." Anika replies in a mock somber tone. "And I don't want to go to horny jail."

This is the timeline to clear up any confusion:
    Anika went to see Natharia, told her where her mother was, went back to Adir and Shanti to tell them she had to run a quick errand and that they shouldn't wait for her before she went off to see Ilpholin.
    Shanti have now been meditating near Ilphy for quite a while as Adir have waited outside for her to finish.
    Which is when Anika and 'Cessie' shows up.

[Off to see the Druid]

"Alright, see you guys at the healer's den then." Anika gives Adir a wave before she walks off.

Shanti raises an eyebrow at Adir's question while they start heading towards the medical facility. "I'm not the kind to gossip about family drama I'm afraid. But needless to say she didn't help my daughter feel welcome and I think she's regretting it now. Since I understand you have children of your own I'm sure you can understand that it's a sensitive question. Natharia is also getting into her teens so I really need to support her in any way I can." She pauses. "I don't suppose you would know anyone around her age that she could hang out with?"

[VIGIL Laboratories (Anika/Val)]

Tsk, Anika would take offense to her very official religion being called a cult!

"Ha! Okay, whatever you say, dude. I'll figure it out eventually though. Sounds like you're planning to prank me or something." Like capturing her in the secret lab and use her as a test subject. She let's that theory be unsaid though as they go down with the elevator.

As Val starts to talk to nothing however Anika starts to look around as if to see if she can spot whoever he's talking to. Maybe there was an invisible imp in the room?

Though before she can ponder this any further the elevator stops. Huh, that wasn't very far down at all!
    Then again, there probably wasn't much room to go down much further. In fact, why was Val using a elevator in the first place when there was barely any space? Did he really hate stairs that much? No wonder he was a bit round around the edges.

She peeks inside the room. Human coffins? Nah, couldn't be. Humans like Val couldn't stand being around those things as they constantly reminded them of mortality. They had to be goblin magic related somehow.
    As the druid walks inside the room she puts her hands on her hips as she takes in her surroundings "Huh!" She proclaims before turning to see that Val have already taken a seat. "Oh, is the show gonna be long? Might be better if I stand then. I get restless if I sit for too long." She nonetheless moves over to the seat he's indicating.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-07-11 at 06:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

[Zophiel & Calm Reed]

Calm Reed shrugs.

"Mechanical infiltrators and signs of reality-warping fey would be two things to be on lookout for. But the army seems to be building up its strength and the fey threat is hard to pin down."

15. - Top - End - #915
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Testing Grounds]

~Fascinating.~

Of course Geneva would say that.

~As I suspected, your magic appears to be strongly correlated to your emotional state.~

Lots of magic seems to work like that, really. Sometimes it's emotional. Sometimes purely intellectual. Strictly speaking Geneva's psionics are emotional. But they only SEEM intellectual since she keeps a pretty disciplined cap on said emotions. She's pretty good at stoking those feelings when she needs them and reigning them in when she doesn't. It's like trying to shepherd a thunderstorm. A skill Geneva has cultivated well, though. A skill she HAD to cultivate. The psionic potential of a mew isn't exactly anything minor and allowing it to flare unchecked would be a danger to everyone around her.

This is good, though.

It means she has training in exactly the sort of discipline Sekhmet likely needs.

~My psionics work the same way. It probably isn't obvious since I'm careful with my emotions. Learning to control and direct your feelings to the end that you desire is an important part of becoming proficient with abilities like these,~ she says. ~But for now you look pretty tired.~

Then?

She begins assembling a blocky looking device around the space of open air where the portal previously was. Before long it resembles a free-standing doorway. A few button pushes like, and the machine hums to life. With the portal having so recently closed, Geneva's bridge-builder device should have a pretty easy time opening it again.

[Mess Hall]

Lapis, like the child she is, responds by blowing a raspberry at Val. She puts the relic away and then-

"No, I'm going to eat my pancakes. Crayons are for drawing with."

And then eating pancakes is exactly what she does.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Clinic]

Sam's eyes widen. He'd know that post-snoring look anywhere, even on a different face.
    "Alexia!" he cries as he crosses the room with alarming speed, trotters clicking against the hard floor.
    "What did they do to you? What did you do to her?" Sam accusingly asks Wenomir as he sees the straps and the distinct lack of wrists.
    He lets out a deep breath and his anger seems to dissipate. Right. Demons. Villains. He should be happy she's breathing. And come to think of it, he might be able to solve some of this if he can just get her out of here.
    "Sorry. Let me just-" He bows.
    "I'm sorry, Alexia. Um. Dorry said your head would be messed up so you might not remember me but I hope you do and I was supposed to deliver this box but I guess you're going to need help with the lid now." he blabbers, not really sure how to respond to all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Clinic]

Wenomir frowns when Sam accuses him. Fortunately the four-armed man corrects himself quickly. The warrior simply folds his arms across his chest. He'll let the person who may or may not be Alexia speak for herself.

Clinic

"Wait? What? Wh-"
    And then Ilfauxlin nearly falls out of the bed out of sheer surprise as a veritable wall of muscle and arms comes storming towards her. Her eyes and hair flash electric pink as she stabilizes herself. She was truly taken off guard, but Sam won't mistake the look of power for anyone but Alexia's, even though she oddly seemed more in control over it than ever. "Wait, who are..." She stops, getting a clear and good look at Sam. Something seems to click in her head however as she flinches and grits her teeth. Crackling is audible as little sparks of power wrack over her head and her vitals go momentarily crazy...but it settles after just a few heartbeats. "S-Sam...right...I...think I remember?" She admits, lifting her pillow to wipe the sweat off her face. "Alexia is my name then?" It seems not everything comes back so easily.

Outside Blanche's Room

tink

tink

SQUAWKZAAAAAAPTHUD

If the pebbles against her window weren't enough to get her attention, then a goose being thrown against the glass definitely should, especially as it goes flying off squawking and shooting lasers from its mouth. About the same time, music starts to play outside. Perhaps better questions than the origin of a lasergoose should be asked. Such as why is there a hover-car variant of a '73 Pontiac Grand Am sitting out there in hideous bright Fuchsia? And why is there a half broken boom box resting on the hood of the car blaring the music? And why was a meter long grub wearing a garish yellow and red high school sports letterman jacket? Why was such a jacket fitted to Junior? At least he had some fabulous hair, even if it was a mullet.

The grub rears up on its hindquarters, unleashing an earsplitting "SKREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! to try and attract attention before it turns to a box of eight tracks and starts wondering what to put in next.

Training Ground - Potential Student

Jezebel Tel'Vree is busy setting up a wide array of weaponry and figuring out how she was going to train those she'd been assigned in their use. Her elderly manservant is next to her, helping to check the guns and blades. "Look, I know Merovech is a great brand of lasgun. It hits hard, can be treated like crap, and still keep going. Plus it just hits harder than most other things on the market. I just don't like it." "That's because you've got poor taste in guns." "It's not my fault!" She insists, frowning as she sets the robust lasgun down. "I just prefer the feeling of something hitting hard. The recoil, the gunpowder, the weight. It just feels like a tinkertoy! I don't mind that people use the damned thing, and I've nothing against those that do, but it's just not for me. Give me something like the Spectre or the Meathammer and I feel right at home."

"The meathammer is an atrocious abomination of a shotgun and you know it. ...Ma'am. Only those degenerates in Volg could ever conceive of such a thing."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2020-07-11 at 11:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clinic]

Sam smiles and nods. He doesn't flinch at all as her powers kick up.
    "Yup. That's you alright. Pink, just like mine. And that's right. Sam Bacon. You were one of the folks who never made fun of my name." he winks one of his pink eyes at her.
    He reaches down and pulls open the latch on the box and removes the lid.
    "These are yours. The gloves are probably your dad's. You were looking for him when we first met." he tells her quietly. Well, so far she's already remembered his name, which is better than he was worried it might go.

[Medical Facility

Spako tilts his head. "You need your scales to change? Like...a selkie? Huh. I can only turn into two other things but I just kind of-" His shape shrinks and warps in a fraction of a moment and then he is an extremely colorful bird of paradise with very large eyebrow-feathers. He immediately attempts to perch on Obsidian's head.
    "But that only means that you're different like all of us are. Dragons don't...work the same as other dragons most of the time. It's because every world has their own types, which are different than the other type and totally different from the other worlds' types.
    So basically what you need to know is basically nothing. You don't have to base yourself on me or anyone else."

Especially since he's only been a dragon for a few years. But she doesn't have to know that.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-07-11 at 12:30 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #918

Barracks Window

Of all the ways to wake up, Blanche was really not expecting it to be via loud honking, laserfire and a thud against the window. It got her up right quick though - probably mostly due to the second - and Junior doesn’t have to wait for a very clearly just-awoken catgirl to roll up the window and peer out. She looks understandably quite confused.

”E-er, hi again?“
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Default Testing Grounds

Sekhmet nods, not really understanding. Uh, okay. Right now, she's too tired to think about learning emotional control. Luckily, Geneva doesn't press the issue. A few minutes later, the device can be up and running, and the portal has reopened, once again showing that icy wasteland.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

Medlab Felicity & Val

"They don't give enough light to read by, not easily, and I'd rather work under electric lights." Felicity's soothed more by a good book than anything else. She sighs and fidgets slightly to get comfortable, and yelps in surprise as the hard light projectors bind her to the table. She's not encountered hard light before- except as a weapon fired by the guns of this one hero she'd met once- and she's surprised at its effectiveness. She supposes also that it doesn't burn, so unless her blood gets into the emitters themselves she's going to stay put even if she does start to bleed.

She grimaces as her skin starts to sting, but it does what it's supposed to. Possibly not as effectively as it was expecting; seems she's resisting the chemical burn somehow. "Stings a little, that's all." She can't really see, though. It's working on her lower back and she's lying face-down on a table. Her frame's hardly unique; she's built like many other humans, it's the substance of her build that is unique.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #921

[Medical Facility]

"I-I guess like a selk-" Obsidian says, though she thinks it would be more accurate to say that selkies are like her.
    But, bird.
    It distracts her.
    She watches for as long as she can, until Spako is perched on her head and she can no longer see him.

"But!" she protests, trying to keep her balance without moving her head around. "What if I want to be a cool dragon? What am I supposed to do?" The fact that she thinks he knows the answer to this assumes that she thinks he's cool. "And don't you dare say 'it doesn't matter, just be yourself' or anything like that, because you know that's just all made-up stuff and is a cop-out."

[Zophiel & Calm Reed]

"Okay," the paladin says. "Seems like the kind of stuff I'd only encounter by chance, then." But knowing to keep an eye out for them is still good to know because the more people who are looking for it, the higher chance it'll be found in time.

"Well."
    He takes a step away.
    "Great." With all that discussion taken care of, "I should go change now." Since, after all, Zophiel's still wearing that too-tight blouse and too-small skirt.
    He turns, and continues in the way he was going. "I'll see you later, then." He waves. "Was nice talking."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Blanche's Window

Junior looks pleasantly surprised at how quickly the catgirl woke up and takes a moment to rummage through the 8-track box to pull out an envelope to wave it around for her to see. He even gives a muffled SKREEEEEEE! as way of explanation. She'd have to go out to get it though if she wanted it in a timely manner.

23. - Top - End - #923

Blanche's Window

Blanche blinks as she grasps what is required, cursing just a little bit under her breath. Couldn't he have cocooned and grown wings or something. "A-alright alright Ill be down in a second, just uh, no more music," she requests, tossing on some clothes and hurrying down to grab the letter.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Blanche's Window

By the time she gets down, it's all gone. All but the mysteriously powerful grub. The car, the music, even the letter jacket and mullet have vanished. He's waiting at the front door, looking entirely innocent as he holds a letter in his grubby little grub mouth. He's got a cute little mail carrier outfit on, complete with a satchel and hat.

25. - Top - End - #925

Outside the Barracks

Blanche does a bit of a double take at the sudden disappearance of... well, pretty much everything except for Junior and the letter, frankly. "wha-" Never mind, she remembers not to question this lil buggo's capabilities and the logic behind em. And so, she takes the letter.

"Er, thank you Junior," Blanche comments, moving to open and read it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #926

[Medical Facility]

"I'm going to return to work, but once you're done talking just please follow my elemental out of the base please, Obsidian." Cessie remarks as things seems to be going well. "Good luck." She smiles at them both before she turns to leave and return to her office.

27. - Top - End - #927

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hangar]

"We have a practice range here with some guns. It'll be easy enough to demonstrate what you can do," says the woman in plant-like armor.

"It sounds like you're going to be here in a less combat-oriented role, so a basic evaluation should suffice."

[Earnest Fencing of a Precocious Child]

Wenomir chuckles and shakes his head.

"It looks like I have to, Lapis. I know unbridled enthusiasm in need of direction when I see it. Like in Cessie's daughter Cora. I teach her too. I also teach an older boy named Koshal and two Vigil members named Mia and Svetlana." He looks over to Quin. "It is true I have quite a few students as it is. You could speak to Jezebel, who joined us some time ago. She's a warrior too. Her style is different than mine, but it might actually suit you better."
    [Hangar]

Mia is a bit confused by Saramond. he does mention some destructive abilities but then it's only like throwing explosives? She will hide that thought and continue.

"Whatever is nessesary to evaluate Mr. Saramond." she just replies.

[Somwhere near the edge]

Mia is sitting on a bench looking down from the island at the landscape that slowly passes by. She seems to be deeply in thoughts. I appears like she got something on her mind which seems to disturb.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2020-07-12 at 11:37 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #928
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Exhibition]

While she scans her target, Svetlana sprouts a white-furred fox tail to further help with her balance. Thighs, abdomen, upper arm... the abdomen is her best bet, and likely the hardest to hit without some sort of distraction. Her thoughts are interrupted by Electra shooting one of her guns at her. Thinking quickly, she jumps away from her current spot, using the jet thrusters in her legs and firing repulsor beams out of her palms to speed up her flight.

That was close! No time to think about how she'd possibly be out of the fight if it had hit however! While airborne, she swaps the katana for an energy pistol set to stun, before landing a ways from her original location, eyes back on Electra. Her sensors tell her something and she switches to thermal to check... yep, increased heat.

That both means she's upping her output (as she said earlier), and is more prone to overheating. Awen's done well with her jutsu! If only there was some way to excaberate the effect, enough to get her to yield... and then the reploid woman advances upon Awen with her guns still trained on her and Blanche. "Awen-chan!" Svetlana yells, deciding on the spot that she has to do something.

She stretches forth her left arm, firing a repulsor blast in Electra's direction. At the same time, she fires two blasts from the hip at Electra's arm and torso, though she might miss at least one of those blasts.

[Celestial Overload]

Asher grins as Eao jumps up, then giggles when she remains there. Of course she doesn't know she's supposed to go up and down, she's not used to mortals yet. "Yeah, remember that most mortals can't fly, and are subject to the physical laws of the universe." The concept of fairness to mortals is meant to level the playing field, or at least give the illusion of it being leveled.

"Yeah, that's why we're looking for Zee, she'll know what to do... right, Lapis? I think my momma will know what to do, too, but Zee was the one that made Eao from the dying robot." Asher explains.

[VIGIL LABS => Medical Facility (Svetlana/Val)]

Svetlana furrows her brow when he starts getting conspiratorial. "Of course, everyone has a ghost or a spirit." She says as she leads the way, wondering what that has to do with anything. "Please, if you must shorten my name, I prefer Sveta, or Svetka." Unless he wants to be called Liance? "First fairies, then ghosts. I can only surmise that you don't wish to be truthful to me. Fine, then. Keep your secrets." All that matters is that now she knows she's not the only one using her tools to surveill the people around her. "... for now." She adds under her breath.

Upon getting to the medical facility, she approaches the magma elemental. "Cessie-sama? We are searching for the dragon, we require her... assistance." She looks around. "Where is this 'Obsidian', Val-san?" If Obsidian's present, seeing as she's the only other non-staffer, Svetlana figures she likely is the one... or she might just be a random patient. She doesn't look dragony enough.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-13 at 04:00 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #929

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Training Grounds - Exhibition

Electra fires her thrusters again as Blanche throws her rock, shooting herself off to the left as she falls back to the ground, pushing her away from Blanche's line of fire. As she falls, she fires both of her weapons, sending two golden orbs spiraling towards their targets, one at Svetlana, the other at Blanche. The orbs seem to expand as they near the two VIGILantes, opening at the last second into what seem to be large, net-like spider webs. Each is coated in a conductive adhesive, meant to not only entangle and trap a person, but also to deliver a debilitating stun, similar to a taser. Should either of them be caught, it's going to take some time to get unstuck, and that's assuming the electrical stun portion of the net doesn't knock them out.

Luckily for Awen, the pause needed to weave her magic gives her ample opportunity to predict and pin Electra's shadow with her knife, even with her sudden aerial dodge. Electra herself lands heavily, on one knee, still pointing her weapons at Svetlana and Blanche, no matter whether the pair manage to dodge the webs or not, her gaze still falling on Awen. Her movements are graceful, and seem to be practiced to the point of unconsciousness, but she doesn't seem to have noticed the spectral hands that reach up and latch onto her....at least, for a moment. She grits her teeth and narrows her eyes as she fights back to her feet, watching her working energy quickly drain on her internal HUD. She stands for a moment, and then staggers, then begins advancing single-mindedly on Awen, walking slowly, noting the difficulty she's having moving her legs.

Svetlana's scanner will note that Electra's armor is thinnest on her thighs, abdomen, and upper arms, which corresponds with how thick her armor appears to be in those areas visually. Assuming she's not busy dealing with the stun net, it might also pick up on the fact that Electra herself seems to be warmer than she was a few moments ago, before Awen's spell hit her. If what Electra mentioned earlier was true, it's probably fair to say that she's upped her power generator's output in order to try and compensate for the drain on her strength, though it seems that it carries a flaw of making her more visible in the thermal spectrum, and possibly has other side effects if she's not able to vent that heat quickly enough....[/COLOR]

At the very least, Awen can tell that some of her magic appears to have had some effect. Unfortunately, she has no idea how much of what she can see has been caused by herself, and how much is just Electra going easy on them - or is a result of Blanche and Svetlana - or is her exhaustion after her battle with Wenomir - or. . .etc.
    She just...doesn't know.
    If she knew how much some spells were working, and how they were working, then maybe she could come up with countermeasures - some way to disrupt the weapon sights, or some way to clog Electra's cooling, or something else that could slow down Electra, or maybe something that could trip her so that she has to expend more energy to stand up...

But Electra walking straight towards her like that is pretty intimidating.
    Awen takes a half-step backwards.
    Awen panic-casts a spell on herself. It's not even one that might have been useful (like the one that would have linked her and Electra so that half of the injuries Awen receives would be mimicked at Electra). Instead, it's one that she's used several times before in scary situations like this: when her hand was chopped off, when she was too terrified to approach that demon, and so on. It's one that makes Awen misinterpret pain and fear as pleasure.
    . . .
    On the plus side, the witch no longer feels intimidated by Electra approaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post

While she scans her target, Svetlana sprouts a white-furred fox tail to further help with her balance. Thighs, abdomen, upper arm... the abdomen is her best bet, and likely the hardest to hit without some sort of distraction. Her thoughts are interrupted by Electra shooting one of her guns at her. Thinking quickly, she jumps away from her current spot, using the jet thrusters in her legs and firing repulsor beams out of her palms to speed up her flight.

That was close! No time to think about how she'd possibly be out of the fight if it had hit however! She lands a few metres in front of her original location, eyes back on Electra. Her sensors tell her something and she switches to thermal to check... yep, increased heat.

That both means she's upping her output (as she said earlier), and is more prone to overheating. If only there was some way to excaberate the effect, enough to get her to yield... then the reploid woman advances upon Awen with her guns still trained on her and Blanche and Svetlana decides she has to do something.

She grips the katana in her right hand and stretches forth her left arm, firing a repulsor blast in Electra's direction. At the same time, an energy pistol replaces the katana in her hand, and she fires two blasts from the hip at Electra's torso.

Blanche rolls as the orb flies towards her - but the net manages to catch her on the heel. The insulation of her armor is enough to keep her from suffering the shock - although it's quite lucky it didn't snag her face instead. "Agh!" She voices her frustration and unsheathes her knife, moving to saw through the weave. "Get those things out of her [caress]ing hands!" she shouts, pausing to unsheathe her pistol and firing a couple of live rounds into the joint of Electra's leg. She falters after the act, realizing her mistake - Blanche forgot that she had not replaced its ammunition.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Hangar

Not throwing explosives; planting them. Far less messy. He's a demolitionist, not a madman. "Very well. To the practice range."

An Angelic Army

"What's the point of having powers if I'm not supposed to use them?" Eao asks, annoyed. And Lapis and Asher have powers too. They could be using their powers. How is that not fair?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters