New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Gym/Training Ground Morning

"Yeah, I...it's..." It's complicated. Well, not really. But Zophiel thinks it's complicated, so that's all that matters. "...I'll figure something out."

She pauses.
    She considers saying something.
    Instead, she just waves, "Bye. Again, thanks."
    And then heads back into the changing room to shower, change, and then go over to the bathhouse and contemplate what she needs to do and how.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

AMEN Debrief

"Here," Adir says, offering his phone to Tiffany. "Use mine. The guy can still come pick you up. Or if he doesn't, I'll drop you off wherever you wanna go."

The stag gives Anika an appraising look. "I don't know, actually. That name just sounds familiar. Maybe we met somewhere. Those same demons burnt down my house." There's still some old rage there, one can see clear on Adir's face. "Yeah, why don't you go with her? Hell, maybe I should ask for some help too." Adir gestures at where his leg's been scorched all down the side, ruining his armor (and not to mention his pants). It doesn't seem to be hurting him seriously, but it definitely looks bad. "Can you make that disappear?"

[Spooky Encounters]

"Uh... it was... my fault, Auntie, mommy," Laela says, blushing. "We were gonna watch scary movies at our house."

Lucy shrugs innocently. "We just followed them around." We being her and Jillian, of course.

Adir resists the urge to throw Laela a thumbs-up. He looks at Lapis. "Well thanks to you and Wenomir both for taking care of them." He looks more seriously at Wenomir. "Is there something we can do for you, man? Or do you think these will wear off after a while?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #123

Spoiler: quotes from AMEN debrief
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    AMEN Debrief

"Here," Adir says, offering his phone to Tiffany. "Use mine. The guy can still come pick you up. Or if he doesn't, I'll drop you off wherever you wanna go."

The stag gives Anika an appraising look. "I don't know, actually. That name just sounds familiar. Maybe we met somewhere. Those same demons burnt down my house." There's still some old rage there, one can see clear on Adir's face. "Yeah, why don't you go with her? Hell, maybe I should ask for some help too." Adir gestures at where his leg's been scorched all down the side, ruining his armor (and not to mention his pants). It doesn't seem to be hurting him seriously, but it definitely looks bad. "Can you make that disappear?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

"Yeah, Shanti. My sister. Unless there's someone else called that I don't know." Anika remarks, clearly snapping up his question amidst all this discussion. "Why're you asking? Since while she's kind of an bitch sometimes she would help us against the demons if we asked. Her magic is pretty twisted, but at least it doesn't involve demons."
    She smiles sheepishly at the clearly awkward Wenomir. She hadn't realized it would be such a big deal for Adir and company. Her impression had been that Wenomir had done this plenty of times. It certainly had felt that way back at the well...
    "Eh, should I go with her?" She gestures at the fake Ilpholin as she's being taken away. She was one of their main healers after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

Raven frowns at Adir. "I don't think you understand AMEN at all..." She says quietly. She doubts she could get him to understand either. Or if she even wanted to.

So she lets it drop. There was a thousand things she could say to Anika, few of them appropriate. So she tries very very hard and latches onto the one thing she can talk about. "If your sister would be willing to help with that, we should absolutely give it a try." The more demons that are suffering, the better. Even if it meant using dark magic and cursing them.

Looking at Tiffany, she nods sympathetically. "Well, uh, there should be a phone somewhere around here. Good luck!" Raven doesn't know where the phones are so figures someone else can help her with her awkward 'hey step-dad, I'm alive and I'm moving out, bye step-dad' conversation. Raven herself is busy, following Ilphy to the clinic where she'll be heading to the bathroom first to freshen up considerably while Ilphy is being treated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

Wenomir groans.

"Yes, me and Anika. In the moonwell. I don't know about infinite stamina. Let's save this for later," he says. "I don't think those demons have succubi with them. I've never seen any. And I think that plan is resting on one or two unfounded assumption too many."

The skyship arrives at the island and the fake Ilpholin is hurried off to the clinic.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [AMEN Debrief]

It's true.
    Tiffany thought they would question her more to find out more about what AMEN's doing. But, instead, it looks like they just don't treat that organization as a serious threat.

So,
    Tiffany could lie. But why lie when the truth works, too?

Tiffany searches back through this body's memories, trying to see where it came from before she stole it. "I'm from Groundtown, <insert certain neighborhood>, you know, under Skyside," she says. "Dad died when I was four so my mom remarried, and my mom when I was seven, so...my step-dad should still be there."

But wait. Really? Is that what really happened? Her step-father sold her off to one of those slave-orphanages. So, what, this body she stole came from an escaped slave? And if she takes this body to Skyside, slave-catchers might find her...She can't tell them this, they won't believe it and that'll just be more suspicious of her. Guess she just has to make up an excuse, then. "But...I'm almost an adult anyway and so after telling him I'm back I was thinking about moving to Inside."

[AMEN Debrief]

So it looks like Fakepholin and Ilphoraven rush off to the medical bay; Anika is about to go and possibly Adir will follow unless he gets healed here, and that leaves Wenomir here for sure and Tiffany. And maybe Adir.

She takes Adir's phone and steps away for a little privacy. She starts dialing the number, calling back on the body's memories and feelings to make sure it's all right and fine. She's sure this phone call is going to be fun, especially considering what this person did.

But wait, isn't what Requiem does kinda similar to slavery anyway?
    I'm sure she makes it work with her worldview, somehow.

She holds up the phone to her ear, and in the sweetest voice she can manage, she says, "Hey, Daddy, it's me, Tiffany." Using the actual name of the person whose body it is has some benefits. "<explicative> you." "No. No. No, I don't care. No, you listen. I'm not going back. No, this isn't my phone, it belongs to some hero guy. I don't care. So what? It'd be an improvement. You don't need your kidneys anyway. Well, that's your problem now, not mine. No, I'm never going back to them. I don't care. I don't care. Why should I care what happens to you? You're disgusting. Yes, I hope they kill you. Bye."

And then she hangs up and puts the number on 'block' on Adir's phone so he doesn't have to worry about any angry return calls.

Once that's over with, she flips her hair and walks back to Adir, to hand the phone to him. "After you're finished" getting your leg healed, etc, whatever, "you can take me to Inside. Don't really care where, I can find a place."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "Bye! Have fun doing grownup stuff!" Lapis calls after the departing adult.

"I'm really good at understanding what things are saying because I inherited my quintessence from mom. But maybe when I get older I'll get my one maybe? Mom was created as a cherub by HER mom but as she grew and changed and stuff she became something else when she got different spheres. I guess that's normal? All the ranked angels are different from unranked ones like me,"
    Lapis rambles.

Then?

"Oooh, I've never seen a bear that isn't Anika before. She's an elf that turns into a bear she's pretty cool. I think meeting a real bear could be fun! Do you want to try catching some birds the weird one might be around somewhere I think it like watching me but I'm not sure why. It's kind of orange and black with a great big feathery thing on its head like this!"

And then she stretches out little ear-wings above her head and holds them together, giving her a funny feathery, leafy mohawk.

"C'mon I bet it's around somewhere!" she says as she sticks her head out of her fort and begins looking around.

Now where's that hoopoe at?
    [Lapis' Fort, Furnished with Love!]

Asher listens to her attentively, nodding at points, and has things to say when she's done with talking about her nature! "I was birthed from the Tree of Life! I'm the second birthed angel since creation, it happens every 3 millennia! Your angel system is interesting, but I am content with ours!"

The winged angel boy bobs in place excitedly when Lapis mentions the existence of an elf-bear in VIGIL. Elves that turn into animals, they have those too, and he says as much! "Elves in my world can turn into some mammals, depending on tribe! Let's go find her!" After she shows him the weird bird she's talking about, which is interesting too. Being an angel, he always seeks to know more.

Giggling at her impression of what the bird's 'feathery thing' looks like, he sticks his head out of the fort as well and looks around as well. "Show me! And if it's not around, we can catch a bird! Or find Anika!"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

double post, ignore
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-01-24 at 12:20 PM.
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [It's Time to Duel!]

After her moment of incredulity, Ithuriel snaps back to the matter at hand.

There is a bear on her.

This is not ideal.

Also the bear's trying to humiliate her. Rude.

Not really willing to just lie there and be belched on, Ithuriel decides a quick solution to the situation is required, and she rolls her shoulder. In fact, she rolls her left shoulder really far, and twist her arm. There's a series of quiet snaps and cracks, which depending on the extent of her hearing, Blanche may be able to pick up (Anika's near enough to definitely hear something).

And then Ithuriel's arm bends at a very painful-looking angle and slips out of Anika's grip, snaps back into position, and she swiftly jabs at the side of Anika's snout, taking the opportunity to roll out the other way. This one is meant to hurt.
    [It's Time to Duel!]

It wasn't humilating tactic! It was a 'make uncomforable enough to surrender' tactic!

It doesn't seem to have worked though. Maybe she should have tried with a fart instead, though then she would have to turn around and-

Was that a snap?

Elune's Holy Tits, Ithuriel was hardcore apparently.

Also, ow!

Anika growls loudly as Ithuriel bops her snout and instinctively backs away at first. But she knows that she can't let the angel regain her posture. With those wings of hers she could be out of her reach forever in just a few seconds.
    While she hadn't really managed to see where Ithuriel was exactly she couldn't wait for her own senses either, then I'd be too late. Instead she just goes by instict and estimates where Ithuriel probably was. Even if she was off a little bit she was also a giant bear. She could afford that.
    As the angel rolls away Anika throws herself in her direction. Trying to get on top of her again.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

"Yes, go with her. I'll stay here. Call me when she's stable or something comes up," Wenomir tells Anika.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooky Encounters]

Cessie hugs all her children, really wishing she had been here in person now. But there would be plenty of time for that soon.

"She stole your face?" Cessie inquires softly after a few moments. Since Cora still clearly had her face she assumed whatever had been done now was undone. Though then she didn't really understood why Wenomir was still under some kind of enchatment but such a discussion could be done in private.
    "Then what happened? I would like to know why you were in the Frescots house in the first place." Her voice is still gentle and she softly ruffles the twins hair. But it sounded like they had been sneaking off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

Wenomir growls. It doesn't sound any less menacing, coming from a rather differently-shaped throat.

"I do hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence. This, and Lapis' sheep-shape, are parting gifts from the... creature responsible for this mess. At least it reverted the changes done to your children before it escaped. I still don't know how they ended up here, if they were at your house."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

"Uh... it was... my fault, Auntie, mommy," Laela says, blushing. "We were gonna watch scary movies at our house."

Lucy shrugs innocently. "We just followed them around." We being her and Jillian, of course.

Adir resists the urge to throw Laela a thumbs-up. He looks at Lapis. "Well thanks to you and Wenomir both for taking care of them." He looks more seriously at Wenomir. "Is there something we can do for you, man? Or do you think these will wear off after a while?"
    [Spooky Encounters]

"She was see through, and the ghost looked like her." Bastion helpfully supplies.

That next question is harder, though! Cora avoids meeting her mom's eye and purses her lips. Her 'I'm in trouble' senses are tingling. Thankfully Laela says the first word, and Cora rushes to latch onto it. "Yeah and we don't have a TV so we can't at home."

"Shouldn't you ask permission before going off on your own?" Sakura asks. She doesn't sound angry, but she relentlessly expects better from them. Is that better or worse?
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-01-26 at 11:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Initiation

Fidelia shakes her head a little shyly at the first question. "I... erm, lost my parents when I was young, so, uh, I don't know much about them, but I don't think they ever lived somewhere else?" She seems very unsure about this - and perhaps unjustly a tad embarrassed for not knowing. That's something most folks would know right?

"And for, um, learning about it, I think I was around, like, 12? It's, uh, been a while - I guess I shoulda gotten better at it since then but, uh, magic always seemed, like, really really scary to mess around with and I didn't want to do that but also I didn't wanna ask any local mages or anything because I didn't know what they would do to me?" A tiny bit of long-slumbering anxiety briefly resurfaces in her voice as she awkwardly tries to justify what she seems as possibly yet another personal failing.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-01-26 at 05:03 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #130

[It's Time to Duel!]

With the brief moment of reprieve she's given, Ithuriel gets up on one knee and turns to face Anika. With the bear bearing down on her, she doesn't have a lot of time to react.

Still, hopefully that crack to the jaw has left Anika a little dazed, and presumably she won't be expecting what Ithuriel tries next, considering her size. There's not many human-sized people who could throw a bear.

Which is exactly what Ithuriel tries to do. As Anika charges in, she claps her wings forward and reaches up to grab her shaggy shoulders, then flips back. If all works well, Anika should be slamming onto her back behind her.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #131

[Spooky Encounters]

Cessie raises an eyebrow at her sons explanation. At least she hadn't been around to panic over that now that they were safe and sound. But she's quick to nod in agreement at Sakura's inqury as she positions herself next to her in a show of unity. "That would have been much better, yes." She says in the same tone as the dryad. "What just happened is the reason why we want you to."

[AMEN Debrief]

"Can't remember her? She's a kaldo'rei just like me. We're pretty easy to spot out here." Anika grins as she puts her hand on her hip.
    Though as Adir display's his wound Anika leans down, almost on all fours, to take a closer look. "I'm gonna make sure it isn't infected or anything first. Not usually the case with burns but with AMEN you never known. This might hurt a bit though." She presents her hands and gently puts them against his burned skin, though keeps talking as she goes. "But while we're on the subject of my world, you kinda remind me of the sacred keepers we got at home. They're half-kaldo'rei, half stag and all beefcake, just like you." Anika remarks with a wink.

Though just as she makes the joke, she also casts a simple healing spell to mend the wound (assuming of course that she didn't find anything unusual) which might sting before the soothing sensation takes over. The magic completely healing up the injury.

[It's Time to Duel!]

The daze was the reason why she was so eager to recklessly throw herself at Ithuriel. To make sure she wouldn't be able to recover before it had passed. It seems she was too slow though, the angel had already made a recovery and could-

Anika had bet on a quick ascend upwards with those wings of hers. Maybe even combined with a kick or two.
    Lifting all of her and bringing her into the air? Not so much.
    Landings were, as usual when you were a bear, painful and rough. Especially when you land on your neck and is stuck with your feet in the air. The soft sand and her magically reinforced hide made sure that she didn't take any actual injury beyond bruises from that landing, she's not going to be moving for more than just a few seconds after that.

12. - Top - End - #132

[It's Time to Duel!]

"Bitch!" Ithuriel growls, swiftly stepping To the side of Anika to take advantage of the druid being momentarily stunned. "I am done with you." She dives forward, wrapping both arms round Anika's neck, locking her hands together, and pulling. Between a bear's natural size and thick hide, it's not exactly easy to try and choke them out, but Ithuriel braces with her legs against Anika's body and her arms ripple with divine strength, steadily squeezing harder and harder, quickly ramping up the pressure on Anika's neck.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #133

It's Time to Duel!

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH!"

As Ithuriel squeezes her arms tighter around the bear's neck, finishing the fight in a merciless display of strength, an arm attempts to wrap around the front of her chest as another hand grabs at her forearm and tries to tear the angel off of Anika with notable yet undoubtedly human strength. "You've won, now get the hell off her!" Blanche demands. If she's not making any headway on prying the two apart, she'll soon change tactics, letting go of Ithuriel's arm to deliver a rapid jab to the kidney before making another concerted pull.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[Spooky Encounters]

Wenomir shrugs.

"If this doesn't wear off, we'll see about breaking the curse somehow. It could have gone a lot worse, really."

At least that creature made the portal lead to Vigil, not Riddle knows where.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #135

[Commander's Village]

One out of control brawl, some apologies, and some revelations later, and Ith, Anika, Blanche and Wenomir are all outside Cessie's office.

The angel glances back at the little gathering of VIGIL members with her and decides to cut straight to the point with Cessie. "The person you met previously wasn't me. In fact, I don't think we've met at all. You were talking to an intelligent skinwalker, one of their leaders I think, who I had a previous encounter with, during which she apparently gained the ability to copy my appearance. Considering what I've been told happened to your office, I'm guessing you might have been her target. And when things didn't go to plan, she must have settled for getting Anika's access to Inside withdrawn."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie’s Office]

Wenomir gives Krakorow a look longer than is strictly necessary.

"Right... Anika does wander and Blanche has been accompanying her more often lately. Let's just call them here and wait."

[Commander's Village]

"We share all duties equally," Wenomir says, curtly. Seems like he didn't like the question? "All of this sounds like a serious security concern. One our measures so far couldn't contain."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Medical]

Ilpholin waits now, sitting with her head on her knees on a bed next to Ilphy's waiting for her to wake up. A curtain is drawn between them, preventing her from actually seeing when Ilphy wakes up, beyond the movements of silhouettes.

Ilpholin, no longer Raven, has long purple hair that writhes on its own, black sclera highlighting her emerald eyes, and skin that seems to have an otherworldly shine despite its great paleness. Gone is the gothic dress, replaced with her old skintight catsuit that leaves both much and so little to the imagination .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #138

[Off the Path]

"O-oh."

Awen sits down next to Mia.

"That's...too bad." Awen, because she's not good at this, isn't really sure where to go next.

"Who is?" she asks. "If you don't mind me asking."

[Off the Path]

They are not a genestealer. Although they might be interested in stealing your genes in a more direct (but still unconventional) way. They are a sort of creature that makes silver glow with warning now that they're getting close, though holy focus swords are no bother.
    They try to lean in and read the letter.
    [Off the Path]

The mention of the sword was just to point out she isn't helpless. They shouldn't be able to read the letter since it's written in the formal language of the church which isn't that close to common. From the format they can make out that it is about a point called "Andreas Emerald" the only word they can read.

"Who send the letter?" Mia asks " Well it's from my homeworld. The main church send it, but what about you." she has looked up and noticed the missing hand. "Did you loose that recently?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #139

[Off the Path]

To be honest, I don't think any of my characters speak the same 'Common' as everyone else does. But, by the way Nexus translation works, they get along well enough.

"Oh." Main church. Cool. Letter from home.

Awen looks down at her empty wrist.

She chews her lip.
    She thinks.
    She blinks.
    She purses he lips.
    Then, she opens her mouth: "Y-yeah," she says. "I lost it. Could've sworn I had it this morning but I must have misplaced it when I wasn't looking."

Her face is still puffy and her eyes are still red from crying about it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Initiation

Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Shadowcaller;24360956]Initiation

Cessie leans forward and studies the emerging metal in silence. "I... might have a few more questions for you, Fidelia if you don't mind. No need to be concerned, I simply need to be sure of what I'm seeing." She gets back properly into her seat and folds her hands together. "Do you know where your parents came from? As in, were they born in the nexus or did they come from another world? Furthermore, at what age did you discover this gift?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Initiation

Fidelia shakes her head a little shyly at the first question. "I... erm, lost my parents when I was young, so, uh, I don't know much about them, but I don't think they ever lived somewhere else?" She seems very unsure about this - and perhaps unjustly a tad embarrassed for not knowing. That's something most folks would know right?

"And for, um, learning about it, I think I was around, like, 12? It's, uh, been a while - I guess I shoulda gotten better at it since then but, uh, magic always seemed, like, really really scary to mess around with and I didn't want to do that but also I didn't wanna ask any local mages or anything because I didn't know what they would do to me?" A tiny bit of long-slumbering anxiety briefly resurfaces in her voice as she awkwardly tries to justify what she seems as possibly yet another personal failing.

Saint Laz reaches out to give Fidelia's hand a squeeze. It's okay Fi, you're doing great! Everything's going fine, you've got this!

The Interview

Spoiler
    Show
    The Interview

The vampire question brings a smile to Faith. "Yes, other undead have a bit of a jealousy complex when it comes to vampires. Or rather, common types of vampires I should say. The fact that they can appear mostly like they did in life and don't always have to murder to prolong their existence is something of a sticking point. Indeed, there's even people that want to become vampires. One could say that the benefits outweighs the cons in some cases. But I digress, what I did want to ask while we're on the subject of vampires is your opinion of the undead. It sounds like you have identified at least two types already, your own sort and vampires. Do you make more distinctions than just those?"

"I don't know if I'd say I'm jealous of vampires. Being able to see my own reflection and go out during the day even if I don't live in Riverside is pretty great, and I'm sure there's other things about being a vampire I wouldn't like that I'm just not thinking of right now." No incredible regeneration powers, maybe? Most vampires, while powerful, aren't quite as tanky as Saint Lazarus once she's got some momentum going.

"As for other undead, I don't...honestly really care all that much, really. From what I've heard, most of them are bad, and if I ever run into any doing bad stuff, I'll probably poke them with my sword until they stop. I know some are supposed to be immune to pretty much everything, but a big enough sword usually works fine too."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #141

[Cessie’s Office]

Cessie picks up her communicator and dials Blanche's cellphone number.
    "Excuse me a moment..." She will exit her office, leaving Wenomir alone with the goblins.

"So... do you have more cat girls working for you? I mean, there's such a, er, diversity in your staff. That purple one makes even you humans look small." Krakorow inquires.

"Blanche, I need you in my office right away. There's a Krakorow here to see you. If Anika is there, or you know where she is, please bring her as well." Cessie says once the cat girl answers the phone.

Anika do happen to be around. She's currently attacking a training dummy with her staff. While blind folded.
    She grunts loudly in frustration as she ends up wacking the air once more.

Initiation

Cessie makes note of the hand squeeze but makes no comment on it. Instead, that's aimed towards Fiddelia's answer. "Understandable. I don't think I would trust mages living in skyside either. But it seems that you've learned when to not use it, which is the most important part. I understand these questions can be a bit worrisome but I assure you that I just want to help." She gestures at her head. "Our thoughts can be trechourous, sometimes they pop up without us even meaning to. For most people that's not a huge issue but when they are able to conjure things out of thin air that's much more of a concern." The sorceress rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Now, I want to ask you a few more questions. This is not only for the job interview but since I might be able to help you control it to a greater extent. First of all, is there an unusual part of your body that seem to corespond to the material you can conjure? You might feel a tingling sensation there when you summon something."

The Interview

"Or enough fire." Faith muses, sounding like she is recalling some old memory. "Though I'm not supposed to say that. But ahem it's that society is more accepting of vampires due to their looks. Some you can't even tell apart from the undead so that's what a lot of them is jelous of if that makes sense. I admit that I assumed you shared that notion considering what you're wearing." She makes a gesture at the ghoul knight. "But perhaps there's another reasoning behind it? Also, we've gone on a bit long now but I promise that I'm just going to finish this series of questions if you're still up for it."

[Commander's Village]

Cessie blinks twice and looks to Wenomir's expression for confirmation.
    Seeing it was no doubt about it the sorceress nods. "I'm afraid I'm going to have everyone in VIGIL take blood tests to root out any potential infection, starting with me and anyone else that was in close contact with this double. It's clear that we didn't have good enough procedures to prevent this and that needs to change." She turns once more to her co-commander. "Wenomir, please make a call to HALO and explain the situation to them. I then need you to ask if they're capable of performing blood tests on our members for a potential skin walker infection. With a skin walker having infiltrated our base I feel it's best if we let a third party perform the tests and HALO happen to be medical experts."

Anika raises one of her overly long eyebrows. "Uh, pretty sure it doesn't spread that easily. Isn't this-" A beat as Anika realizes she's talking to the woman who burned down her own office to prevent infection spread. "Actually never mind. Go for it. Guess I need to test myself a second time." She let's out a small groan.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-02-26 at 11:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Off the Path]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The mention of the sword was just to point out she isn't helpless. They shouldn't be able to read the letter since it's written in the formal language of the church which isn't that close to common. From the format they can make out that it is about a point called "Andreas Emerald" the only word they can read.

"Who send the letter?" Mia asks " Well it's from my homeworld. The main church send it, but what about you." she has looked up and noticed the missing hand. "Did you loose that recently?"
    To be honest, I don't think any of my characters speak the same 'Common' as everyone else does. But, by the way Nexus translation works, they get along well enough.

She chews her lip.
    She thinks.
    She blinks.
    She purses he lips.
    Then, she opens her mouth: "Y-yeah," she says. "I lost it. Could've sworn I had it this morning but I must have misplaced it when I wasn't looking."

'Andreas Emerald'. An individual? A name for something else? Unclear. Unknown.

They circle back around to stand by Awen.
    You're so funny, Awen. See, she doesn't mind. She is simply being friendly.
    And what's a missing hand between friends?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-02-26 at 10:49 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie’s Office]

Wenomir breathes through his nose. Why is he being asked this question?

"No, there's just one. Why do you ask?"

[Commander's Village]

Wenomir nods, his expression still hanging between anger and concern. Which... is more or less what he looks like all the time. But he's frowning more deeply now. This isn't a problem he can do anything about and the skinwalker threat is yet another against which martial skill is meaningless.

"I agree. Asking HALO is probably the best we can do. I'll go make the call."

He steps aside to do just that.

24. - Top - End - #144

Initiation

The squire's anxiety seems to subside as she returns the gesture with a gentle squeeze and pauses to take a breath. "Er, yeah, actually. I've, uh, got this, like, metal marking on my left thigh? Iiiit's... kinda large, maybe?" Fidelia waffles on just what constitutes as average size for a marking for a second, and glances over at Jenette in awkward indecision.

Commander's Village

A brief look of conflict seems to pass over Blanche's face as she processes the Commander's decision. The response feels a touch too heavy-handed for her tastes, but she can't find any reason behind it. It was direct and comprehensive, and didn't really seem to violate anything.

Although...

"Er, how many personnel do we have, ma'am? It's not my place to question, and I don't see any viable alternatives... but if we're going to go about this, we'll want to minimize the window of opportunity for any infiltrators to interfere. Extracting blood samples will take time. So will arranging the process with HALO, and we'll need to find some way of ensuring all of our members are present for it at once."

Cessie's Phone Call -> Anika and Blanche

"Y-yes ma'am? Erm, sure, I can find her for you," Blanche answers. She doesn't sound entirely focused, but she'll assure she's fine if any concerns are raised.

- - -

Thankfully, it doesn't take too long for her to find the Night Elf. "H-hey, Anika! Um, Cessie wants us to meet her at her office, ASAP." Blanche is careful not to get within staff-striking range as she approaches. Once Anika removes her blindfold, she'll probably notice that the catgirl's looking a little out-of-sorts; she hasn't brushed her hair yet, and she looks a little flushed. She also seems kind of awkward and nervous, and her attire seems like it was thrown on more hastily than usual.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #145

[Off the Path]

She chews her lip.
    She thinks.
    She blinks.
    She purses he lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Off the Path]

'Andreas Emerald'. An individual? A name for something else? Unclear. Unknown.

They circle back around to stand by Awen.
    You're so funny, Awen. See, she doesn't mind. She is simply being friendly.
    And what's a missing hand between friends?
    [Off the Path]

I guess Mia still misses those demons, after all she didn't fokus on them yet.

"Misplaced?" Mia asks. It doesn't look like Awen wanted to make a joke there or like she can just drop a hand or so. "You know I am a doctor at the infirmary here and I might be able to help you." It might be now that she noticed the puffy eyes. "I could even give you something if it hurts."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Discord Posts
    Show
    MORTY: Wenomir is near the entrance to the island surface from the interior, having just received a group of new recruits. They all seem rather intimidated by meeting him, so he sees them off to get settled in the base.

EAGLE: A stern-faced woman with short brown hair with grey streaks, plaited into cornrows, strides into the Tavern with purpose. Her skin is very dark (think Lupita N'yongo), with navy-blue sclera and bright blue irises. She's a tall woman, well-built in the muscle area, and she sports a green wedding band on her left ring finger, which glows in the dark. She's dressed in a form-fitting green Yoruba-print top, green army trousers and combat boots.

Having been given a description of Wenomir by Karasu, she strides over to him and gets his attention. "Good day. Wenomir?"

MORTY: The warrior turns to face the woman with practiced attentiveness. "That's me. But I don't think we've met," he says.

EAGLE: "Enitan." The ex-soldier simply responds. "I'm here on behalf of Karasu. She told you about her need to return back to her world, but not whether or not she'd be able to return. I 'm confirming that she won't be." Taking a quick glance around the place, she adds. "She thought I should come and check this place out, too, but apparently that loose cannon has beat me to it." She nods towards the passing Svetlana, and the two give each other the stink-eye.

MORTY: "Well, that's a shame. Karasu has potential. She just needs a few more years to come of age and go into the field..." His gaze passes between Enitan and Svetlana, noticing their expressions quickly. "Loose cannon?"

EAGLE: "That's why she's not returning, so that she can complete her studies, go into the army and become a proper ninja, what we call our Special Ops stealth operatives. Being an army kid aside, she and her older brother discovered real ninjas in Seaside with no qualms about letting skilled and powered teens into battle. We do things differently, teens her age merely assist Protectors/Pro Heroes. We don't send under-18s into battle unsupervised." Enitan explains, and after the look she shares with Svetlana, sees that Wenomir notices. Following the cyborg's departure with her eyes, she explains herself. "I've been on guard detail for her, when she was but a figure skater, before her accident. Now, she kills evildoers. We disagree on her methods, I do not kill unless I absolutely have to."

MORTY: Wenomir shrugs. "We had a bit of a discussion on the subject, yes. Our methods do differ and it's not something I'll budge on. Svetlana did mention an accident, I think. And she did seem eager for action when we spoke."

[Near The Entrance]

"Karasu briefed me on what to expect here." Enitan explains. "If this truly is an organization dedicated to preventing threats and stopping crime, then this is the perfect place for Svetlana." Her seemingly permanent scowl turns into a small frown. "Karasu also mentioned that she's studying fight techniques under you. Despite her proud nature, she will prove to be a good student, she just needs to learn self-control." Her stink-eye is because she disapproves of Svetlana's new 'punisher-like' tendencies, and she's sure the other woman's stink-eye is because she thinks Enitan doesn't understand.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #147

[Off the Path]

Fun fact!
    Awen actually knows a spell that would allow her to safely remove her head, so long as it's put back on before the spell ends.

She doesn't have a similar spell for hands.

"Yeah, I..." Awen feels like it might be helpful to explain the joke. "...there was someone stuck in a mirror. I helped her out, but my hand got stuck in it."

She looks down at it, and wipes away her cheeks just in case there's still more tears there. "I...I already got help and it's all numb for now." A weakened paralysis thing.

She doesn't really want to be reminded of it, however, so she tries to come up with a different topic to shift the conversation to.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Near The Entrance]

Wenomir nods curtly.

"Yes, she was very enthusiastic about studying with me. My reputation seems to have grown. And I agree that she has all the makings of a great warrior in her, as long as she learns discipline and how to temper herself."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Off the Path]

Someone, surely just the voices in Awen's head, provides her ideas on how to steer the conversation.
    Offer to help with her letter. Invite her on a date. Ask about robots.

If any 'demons' were here, they would then sit down next to Awen.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #150

Cessie's Phone Call -> Anika and Blanche

"Good, but please hurry. If you can't find her after a few minutes then just come to my office and we'll sort it out. See you there." Cessie then hangs up.

Anika stops and turns and prods up her blindfold with her finger and smiles widely at the catgirl. "'kay. But do you wanna join me in a game of blindstaff later? You look kinda out of it. Some training would do you good!"

Blindstaff was a game Anika had explained to Blanche before. The idea was that all players were blindfolded, armed with staffs and balanced an object on their head (usually a container with nails or something else that made noise when it moved inside). The objective of the game was to knock this object off your opponents head only using the staff.
    If you touched your opponent or hit them with your staff, you got penalties. You were only supposed to touch the object on their head. Usually these games seemed to end with the players losing their object before they could even swing their staff at their opponent. But apparently everyone Anika knew back in her home were "really good" at this game. She herself had never seemed to master it though.

Initiation

"Do you know what kind of metal it is?" Cessie asks calmly. "I'm asking since I know of this phenomena as it's relatively common where I'm from. I too have a mark, but it appears like magma."

[Cessie’s Office]

Krakarow's gaze suddenly shifts and he squirms in his seat. Looking more than a little awkward under Wenomir's gaze. "Er... well, I'd like to offer them a job. Cat girls are, uh, popular back home so if any of them would want to be an actress I'd pay them really well."

Milly looks up from her laptop. "Boss, there's actual catgirl actresses you could hire around here." She turns it around and shows a page of some kind of agency that have lightly dressed catgirl models in various poses.

"N-not that kind! Turn that off!" Krakarow is quick to insist just as Cessie opens the door and returns.

Milly quickly slams the laptop shut and returns to kicking the air from the oversized chair she's on as if nothing had happened.

"Blanche and Anika will be here in a few minutes." She eyes the goblins and Wenomir as she puts away the communicator. "Is everything alright in here?"