New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Infirmary

It takes a long while of peace, proper care, and rest, but eventually "Ilpholin" begins to stir. Her arms have half-way grown back and the infection in her body has abated. The machines hooked up to her will be the first to indicate that she's starting to rouse, but if no one comes to check on her, "Ilpholin" slowly opens her bright pink eyes to take a look around.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blanche and Anika

There’s a flash of clear interest in Blanche’s eyes before she fidgets, looking away slightly. ”I-I uh, I’d like to, but today’s... Er, not a good day for me.” She starts to walk, gesturing for Anika to follow. “I dunno what she’s calling us up for, but I’d really like to make it quick,” she remarks, burying her hands in her pockets.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Interview

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Interview

"Or enough fire." Faith muses, sounding like she is recalling some old memory. "Though I'm not supposed to say that. But ahem it's that society is more accepting of vampires due to their looks. Some you can't even tell apart from the undead so that's what a lot of them is jealous of if that makes sense. I admit that I assumed you shared that notion considering what you're wearing." She makes a gesture at the ghoul knight. "But perhaps there's another reasoning behind it? Also, we've gone on a bit long now but I promise that I'm just going to finish this series of questions if you're still up for it."

"Hm? Oh no, I wear this helmet just to stay anonymous, not for looks. With a little makeup, I could pass for a quarter-orc. A cute quarter-orc," the ghoul insists, her vanity refusing to let this implied accusation of ugliness stand, even if it would put her secret identity at risk. "Here, promise me you'll turn off any cameras, crystal balls, or video recording you have on and I can show you," Saint Lazarus offers, one hand already reaching under her chin.

Initiation

Saint Lazarus shrugs when Fidelia turns to look at her. Fi, Jenette doesn't really know what counts as a large magical thigh mark either. Magical thigh markings aren't really her area of expertise, y'know? Maybe you'd have better luck asking one of the talking horses from Carousel Court to compare cutie marks.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2020-02-29 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #154

The Interview

Faith blinks. "Oh. My apologies. Bad assumption on my part. But I was just gonna take a few pictures once we're done so there's no camera or any of that on. Your apperance is safe with me." The journalist promises. She certainly didn't want to stop Laz to take off her helmet. Journalistic curiosity and all that.

Blanche and Anika

"What? Why not?" Anika inquires as she puts down her staff and starts to slowly head in the direction of the commanders village. "You sick? Couldn't sleep?"

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Infirmary

It takes a long while of peace, proper care, and rest, but eventually "Ilpholin" begins to stir. Her arms have half-way grown back and the infection in her body has abated. The machines hooked up to her will be the first to indicate that she's starting to rouse, but if no one comes to check on her, "Ilpholin" slowly opens her bright pink eyes to take a look around.
    Infirmary

This is sure another time then Off the path and Mia is still using her skills to heal people. After all thats what she did after joining Vigil. When the machines indicate her rising Mia will come and check them, just like they called for her. She will then send a short message to Wenomir and Cessie to inform them about the status of the patient.

"Good day Mrs Ilpholin." Mia says, still keeping a bit of a distance. She is worried that 'Ilpholin' might assume she is still in AMEN.Not that it looks alike here.

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Off the Path]

Fun fact!
    Awen actually knows a spell that would allow her to safely remove her head, so long as it's put back on before the spell ends.

She doesn't have a similar spell for hands.

"Yeah, I..." Awen feels like it might be helpful to explain the joke. "...there was someone stuck in a mirror. I helped her out, but my hand got stuck in it."

She looks down at it, and wipes away her cheeks just in case there's still more tears there. "I...I already got help and it's all numb for now." A weakened paralysis thing.

She doesn't really want to be reminded of it, however, so she tries to come up with a different topic to shift the conversation to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Someone, surely just the voices in Awen's head, provides her ideas on how to steer the conversation.
    Offer to help with her letter. Invite her on a date. Ask about robots.

If any 'demons' were here, they would then sit down next to Awen.
    [Off the Path]

"That's good." Mia says. "Just tell me if you need anything. I could assist you reataching the hand if you got it or I could build a replacement" In her world, body replacements where more common then high level medicine. Mostly because of the culture and the praise of a machine god.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #156

Anika and Blanche

The catgirl fidgets again, biting her lip. L-look, it’s- it’s my time of the month and you’re really really hot and lotsa people on this base are kinda hot and- She trails off, the words flowing out like they’ve been pent up for a long time, Blanche being too shy to ever bring it up with anyone. She immediately looks supremely embarrassed afterwards.

Initiation

”Um, steel. I think 1095? Definitely not Damascus, at least.” Fidelia glances down to peek under the hem of her skirt as she answers, trying to assess the best information she can give.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-03-02 at 12:47 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

The response seems a little extreme to Ithuriel too, but that's not what's bothering her about this. "Confirming that everyone is who say they are is one thing, but that security only lasts as long as they're within sight. As soon as they're gone, they could be targeted. That said-" Ithuriel glances round, "If they had already got in here, I think they'd have done something by now. It's worth the check, but...they've been quiet for a while now, which concerns me. Whatever happened to the fake me, she's still out there, so there's at least one not dealt with." She grits her teeth and clenches her fist, still frustrated by this.

How dare there be a fake her.

How dare they.

She snaps out of it after a moment and focuses on the two commanders. "Commanders, I would recommend that after ensuring the current security of VIGIL, you dispatch operatives in pairs for the time being for any missions you believe may be connected to skinwalkers. I would also recommend teams be dispatched with a codeword or phrase to deliver on return. And I-" She pauses and looks thoughtfully at Anika. "Allowed myself to be taken in by this deception. I would like to make amends. Please, could you keep me informed if you get any leads, and let me join in any actions you take against the skinwalkers?"
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2020-03-04 at 04:12 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Wenomir will arrive in the infirmary once he hears "Ilpholin" is stirring. He's standing away from the bed, so as not to crowd her.

[Commanders' Village]

Wenomir returns from having made his phone call.

"HALO should be here shortly." He then looks at Ithuriel, his expression fairly inscrutable. He may have met her before, but it was long ago. Still, the skin-walkers did use her form and voice, so she's right to take it personally. "We can consider it. But we need a strategy against them first." His own skills are probably not going to be terribly useful, so he'll just be delegating and organizing things.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #159

[Off the Path]

"I have no idea where it is, so reattaching won't work," she says. It's hard to reattach a hand that you lost in some alternate dimension mirror thing.

Awen isn't from a high-tech world, so she is a little distrustful of replacing body parts with robots. However, However, deciding to follow the advice of one of the voices in her head - this one hasn't steered her wrong so far so that's pretty good reason to follow it - Awen decides to ask more about the robotics, since asking someone on a date is incredibly abrupt and she's still not confident in herself enough to offer help with past problems.

"So you're pretty good at making robot hands?" she asks. "I - I think robots are kind-of weird but how did you learn to make them?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Off the Path]

How quickly do the other voices steer her wrong?
    Robots are scary, but kind of cool, right? offers the voice in Awen's head.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #161

[Off the Path]

"Weird?" Mia asks a bit confused but also upset, after all she is a high priestress of a amchine god.
    "Where I am from I am a high priestress of a machine god, our main god." Not that there are others anyway. "So it is my daily duty to build things like hands. Thought mostly I build whole robots. We trat them like everyone else, since they got a soul like we do. They are just more bound to the duty they were build for then we are.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

[Commander’s Village]

Felandria arrives in a HALO shuttle, and she brought her crack squad of associates.

Alright, gang, let’s get to work.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

13. - Top - End - #163

[Commander’s Village]

Somewhere walking on Felindrias body like spiderman is Mr.C he is wearing a nurse outfit, yes a nurse outfit don't ask why.

"We should preapre a room and ask everyone to line up for the extraction." he suggests.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Off the Path]

See?

This is what happens when Awen tries to do something she's bad at. She just makes other people upset or hurt.

Most the other voices just tend to say obviously bad things, so they can be safely ignored, but the scariest ones are the ones that just have her do random seemingly meaningless things that later build up into larger events...for example, telling her to go to a restaurant, and then to glance over at a certain mirror, and then to investigate why it looks a little off, which then leads to...

"Oh. I-I'm sorry," she says, apologizing for whatever offense she unintentionally caused. "It sounds cool, like you really know your stuff."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Off the Path]

Don't worry, Awen. She won't hold a grudge. Says the voice in her head. It's just speculating about that.
    The demon actually hasn't heard much about Deus Mechanicus, and listens closely.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander’s Village]

Dorota arrives here with Felandria and Mr. C, pushing a cart full of supplies, tools and protective equipment. She herself is wearing a labcoat, but her mask, gloves and other items are in the cart.

"Let's ask the commanders where we're going to perform the examination."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Halfling in the Playground

[AMEN Debrief]

"Sure thing, kid," Adir says. Up to her. He rolls his shoulders good-naturedly. He glances at Anika. "Man, you know how many funny looking chicks I see just walking around Inside? I don't know. Just seems familiar."

He gives her a funny look as she gets down to examine the wound. What a strange gal. He barely even flinches when she touches his leg, and he just crosses his arms while she works. "I've had worse," he snorts at her comment, raising his white brows. "You're a sweet lady. I don't get compliments like that much anymore. Not since I was the official eye-candy back at Watchtower. Well, me and half the other guys."

"But for real," he goes on, not sounding very real at all, "Are you hitting on me? A married man?" He clucks his tongue. "For shame. Not a good look for a VIGIL gal." He glances at his leg, blinking. There it goes. "...But you do have some redeeming qualities. Thanks."

[Spooky Encounters]

"Yeah, Laela, shouldn'tcha?" Lucy asks, also innocently, trying to tease her sister. The bigger girl shoots her a glare. She doesn't know how to answer Mommy's question and maybe she's feeling a little defiant cuz mommy already knows the answer, so she just looks at her feet glumly.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie’s Office]

Wenomir looks at Karakrow for a very long while. What is it with some people and catgirls?

"I'm afraid I cannot help you. You may want to speak with a man named Magtok. I've heard he's acquainted with quite a few catgirls."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

"She was see through, and the ghost looked like her." Bastion helpfully supplies.

That next question is harder, though! Cora avoids meeting her mom's eye and purses her lips. Her 'I'm in trouble' senses are tingling. Thankfully Laela says the first word, and Cora rushes to latch onto it. "Yeah and we don't have a TV so we can't at home."

"Shouldn't you ask permission before going off on your own?" Sakura asks. She doesn't sound angry, but she relentlessly expects better from them. Is that better or worse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

Cessie raises an eyebrow at her sons explanation. At least she hadn't been around to panic over that now that they were safe and sound. But she's quick to nod in agreement at Sakura's inqury as she positions herself next to her in a show of unity. "That would have been much better, yes." She says in the same tone as the dryad. "What just happened is the reason why we want you to."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

Wenomir shrugs.

"If this doesn't wear off, we'll see about breaking the curse somehow. It could have gone a lot worse, really."

At least that creature made the portal lead to Vigil, not Riddle knows where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Spooky Encounters]

"Yeah, Laela, shouldn'tcha?" Lucy asks, also innocently, trying to tease her sister. The bigger girl shoots her a glare. She doesn't know how to answer Mommy's question and maybe she's feeling a little defiant cuz mommy already knows the answer, so she just looks at her feet glumly.
    [Spooky Encounters]

"You should know better too, Lucy." Sakura looks at her younger daughter. There's more warning in her tone. She gets away with being the baby in this situation, but not if she's taunting her sister.

"We're sorry, auntie." Bastion cracks immediately, and Cora rushes to capitalize. "Yeah, really sorry."

"It's okay, but you have to promise that next time you want to go off on your own you ask first."

"I will." Bastion answers readily. Cora looks at Laela first. They're gonna get in more trouble if Laela keeps quiet!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

[Commander’s Village]

Felandria nods.

Yes, of course, follow me, I know exactly where we need to go.

Wenomir’s cottage is right over here.

Fel will lead Dorota and carry Mr. C over to Wenomir’s cottage.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Medical]

Ilpholin waits now, sitting with her head on her knees on a bed next to Ilphy's waiting for her to wake up. A curtain is drawn between them, preventing her from actually seeing when Ilphy wakes up, beyond the movements of silhouettes.

Ilpholin, no longer Raven, has long purple hair that writhes on its own, black sclera highlighting her emerald eyes, and skin that seems to have an otherworldly shine despite its great paleness. Gone is the gothic dress, replaced with her old skintight catsuit that leaves both much and so little to the imagination .
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Infirmary

This is sure another time then Off the path and Mia is still using her skills to heal people. After all thats what she did after joining Vigil. When the machines indicate her rising Mia will come and check them, just like they called for her. She will then send a short message to Wenomir and Cessie to inform them about the status of the patient.

"Good day Mrs Ilpholin." Mia says, still keeping a bit of a distance. She is worried that 'Ilpholin' might assume she is still in AMEN.Not that it looks alike here.
    [Infirmary]

Wenomir will arrive in the infirmary once he hears "Ilpholin" is stirring. He's standing away from the bed, so as not to crowd her.

[Infirmary]

Ilpholin remains secreted away behind the curtain. She wants information, but if Ilphy wakes up in a panic, she won't get much. Maybe even less once Ilphy realizes her duplicity has been uncovered and shuts up. At the moment, Ilpholin is here to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #172

[Commander's Village]

Awen, as it happens, is nearby when Dorota, Fell, Mr. C, and all the other offscreen-but-participating HALO members come by.

Notable traits about Awen are that her right hand is missing, her hair is in a ponytail (but is swaying - possibly because there's black snakes scattered in there as well).

"Oh, hey, you guys are with HALO, right?" she asks. "Sorry, Wenomir had to make sure the base could still be functional while also making sure everyone could come by," she says. "I'm sure he'll come by as soon as he can."

She walks towards them and explains how things are set up: "We've set up a handful of rooms around the base to help everything go smoother" and the offscreen members can go to some of the farther-away ones that will be mainly visited by NPCs, or can help the onscreen members but behind-the-scenes. "I'll show you to them."

She leads them to [Testing Room A], [Testing Room B], and so on.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #173

[Cessie’s Office]

It looks like Krakorow wants to sink into a hole and die until Wenomir mentions 'Magtok'. Instead of replying to Cessie, he just stares at Wenomir. "...that's the guy!" He exclaims while pointing a finger at the warrior. "The one that bought the Watchforce license! You even know one another?!" He looks between Wenomir and Cessie with wide eyes.

[Commanders' Village]

"Yes, it would have to come with new safety protocols as well and at this point. My idea was to double-check with other organizations if their members are coming to visit. But that's only in specific cases so we'll need to expand on that to make sure they don't take the role of someone inside the orgization after the tests are done. So I'm opening up for suggestions here." She gestures at the angel officer and nods firmly as if to affirm Ithuriel's anger. "Miss Von Holstav's are a good start. She's clearly more experienced than most of us dealing with this so unless there are any objections I'd be willing to invite her along to all our future operations. She would of course have to partake in the tests as well, but that's just a formality at this point I'd say."

"We should just have those creepers and the demons fight one another. Like, mixing their goo's together- or no, that might be bad." Anika looks thoughfully at the ceiling, considering skincreeper demons.

Anika and Blanche

Anika raises an eyebrow. Blanche that always tried to act so under control was suddenly cracking? Geez. She needed to make her focus before she melted it seemed.
    "...'kay. I mean, you don't look bad yourself. I'd be more than willing to tap your ass." She remarks with a chuckle. "We could do it after the meeting if you wanna. To clear your head and stuff. Just try not to be so nervous about it. We're all friends, right? No one is passing any judgement here." She will put her arm around the catgirl and steer her towards the commander's village.

Initiation

"1095? Sorry, I'm not familiar with those terms. Alchemy was not a subject I majored in." She smiles appologetically. "But you don't need to be more specific than 'steel'. It's an alloy which is unusual though not unheard of. But if it's indeed what I suspect it is though, I'm offering you a chance to teach you how to use and control your powers better. If your're interested, that would double as your initiation 'trial'. If not, then we simply do something else. There are plenty of ways to be tested after all."

[Spooky Encounters]

That apology should be aimed at Cessie too, but she's not going to remark on it for now. At least they apologized. Though as usual Cora seemed less sincere about it.

[AMEN Debrief==> Infirmary]

Anika sticks out her tongue at what she easily recognize as a joke. "Someone with so many children being concerned about little ol' me? I bet if your lady was here, she'd laugh. She must be used to it by now! By being daring I'm just showing how qualified I am to be in VIGIL." Anika remarks with a sagely nod. "I mean, I always call out hunks wherever they are married or not. Giving people special tratment would be marriageism, or hunkism... or something."

Then off to the infirmary they go I suppose if Adir wants to tag along there. He might be curious about this fake Ilpholin. Anika sure is. Her eyes looked wrong for one...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-03-05 at 07:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Commanders' Village

Blanche raises an eyebrow at Ithuriel's suggestion, mildly impressed at how quickly the angel had thought up the idea. It seemed like a fairly sound system that would cover her main concerns with Cessie's idea as well. It also sounded very professional, which was a plus.

Anika gets the gentlest nudge possible as she trails off in thought. "C'mon, stay focused. We'll need to remember this, we can think about those awful combos together later, she directs good-naturedly, giving the night elf a brief little smile.

Anika and Blanche - Meow’dorei?

How the Night Elf responds only seems to turn Blanche’s cheeks brighter as she freezes in place, but her expression certainly changes. A complicated surge of emotions plays out as she blinks in slight shock. It was such a relief to hear that Anika was interested in her as well. Maybe she was silly to have fretted so much about it, but it didn’t make it any less of a relief - although it wasn’t exactly the flavor of interest Blanche had secretly hoped to hear from her one day.

”G-gosh, I’d uh - er yeah, okay!” Blanche can’t help but cling a little nervously to Anika as she’s mercifully guided along. ”Not er, quite how I pictured it but uh, I can always buy you dinner after?” There’s an attempt to recover that coolness she always tried to maintain.

Initiation

Fidelia perks up quite a bit. "Oh! Okay, um, yeah, that'd be great!" She hesitates briefly. "Although, um, I'd like to do some sort of trial too. I want to know if, like, I can be of any help what I can do now.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2020-03-06 at 10:06 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

[Cessie’s Office]

Wenomir's eyes widen a little as well, then they narrow and his jaw sets. Only Cessie is likely to notice that the stoic warrior is, on the inside, experiencing sudden, incandescent rage.

"He what?" He almost snarls. "Magtok is the last person who should get his hands on that filth. I know him and I frequently wish I didn't."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-03-06 at 03:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sometime in the PastFuture]

The phone is ringing! Whose phone is ringing? Well the main line phone. Do they have an operator? Did the operator call in sick today? Then maybe the phone just kinda keeps ringing forever until someone picks up.

Someone interested in adventure, excitement, making new friends, and investigating a missing person's case.

Other people probably shouldn't pick up.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-06 at 11:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Wenomir nods curtly.

"Yes, she was very enthusiastic about studying with me. My reputation seems to have grown. And I agree that she has all the makings of a great warrior in her, as long as she learns discipline and how to temper herself."
    [Near The Entrance]

"Yes, I have heard quite a bit about you during Karasu's debriefing, she does seem to respect you." Enitan nods, professional admiration flashing in her eyes as she slightly nods a few times. Especially since Svetlana could have come to meet her instead if not for their differences, and knowing the girl, she wouldn't go for someone less skilled, which tells Enitan a lot about Wenomir's expertise already. "That she came to you rather than me says a lot. You have my respect."

"You should ask her about her past, it's best to hear from the horse's mouth. Perhaps, then you can guide her in ways that I can't." Concern for Svetlana flashes in her eyes as she speaks, despite her facial expression never straying far from a scowl.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

[Near The Entrance]

"I'm not in the habit of probing into people's pasts," Wenomir says. "But if I deem it necessary, I will. Maybe my skill isn't the only reason she came to me. She might just need another environment, where her past only matters as much as she wants it to."

[Sometime in the PastFuture]

Fidelia has instructed Calm Reed in the use of the sorcerous artifice known as "phones". One more item that would be the envy of the entire Scarlet Dynasty, used so casually here. But if it lets people inform Vigil of business that they need to take interest in quickly...

"This is Vigil."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Something was incredibly wrong with what Ilphy was seeing. She recognized the room, or rather, she thought she would. But for all the little pieces that felt familiar, it was like looking at a picture that had pieces removed while asking "Fill in the blank!". A dream world, a place she both has and has not been before. She was in the Vigil Infirmary, that much was plain, but she couldn't put a finger on why she knew such. The thought of where she was at fills her with anger for a brief instant, but she clamps down on it and grits her teeth while trying to sit up if she isn't restrained to the bed. "How long was I out?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Searching For Birds and Specifically That Funny Looking Bird With the Head Feathers that do that thing and Maybe Anika if she's Around!]

Lapis sets off!

She bounds out of her fancy super-special fort and looks around her immediate surroundings. The funny orange and black bird is around sometimes but sometimes not. Lapis is pretty sure it's up to something.

Now where had she seen Anika before?

Usually over at one of the training places, right?

Or just around.

"Usually Anika isn't a bear, usually she's a really tall purple elf like REALLY tall!" Lapis explains. "She's the only person I know who can turn into a bear but there are others probably."

Lapis' experience with bear metamorphosis is sharply limited.

Maybe if she had a larger selection of bear transforming people that she knew she could draw better conclusions.

[Spooky Aftermath]

Meanwhile, elsewhen!

Lapis is still a sheep.

She's mostly watching the exchange. It's kind of neat getting to see how other kids interact with their parents. These children are WAY less independent than she is! But that's probably because they're mortal children instead of a celestial child who was created to fulfill a particular purpose. She's still hoping that they might invite her over to their house some time since playing tag with them was really fun even if it stopped being a game of tag pretty quick when she started rolling.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.