New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Looking for Hoopoe

The hoopoe is, as usual, around somewhere. Lapis will probably find it in a tree behind her, but not the first time she looks in the tree. It just... appeared, when Lapis wasn't looking, in a place she'd already looked.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

"Oh, yes, of course. Whatever tests you deem necessary. I did test myself the, uh, "old fashioned" way to reassure Blanche and Anika. Though, that might have been a bit hasty." She winces apologetically in Blanche's direction. "Something a bit more advanced would be for the best anyway."

It's not exactly what Ithuriel came here for, but something good has come of this at least, right?

"I have to do my part to clean up this mess I helped make. But that wasn't originally what I came here for. I, uh, rescued a couple of kids from an orphanage that the skinwalkers were causing trouble in. One of whom is probably a demigod, and they want him really badly. I came here to query if VIGIL would be a safer place for them than my domain, but given that you've been targeted, I think unfortunately not. I would be open to any suggestions you might have though of other posissble alternatives."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Off The Path
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Off the Path]

See?

This is what happens when Awen tries to do something she's bad at. She just makes other people upset or hurt.

Most the other voices just tend to say obviously bad things, so they can be safely ignored, but the scariest ones are the ones that just have her do random seemingly meaningless things that later build up into larger events...for example, telling her to go to a restaurant, and then to glance over at a certain mirror, and then to investigate why it looks a little off, which then leads to...

"Oh. I-I'm sorry," she says, apologizing for whatever offense she unintentionally caused. "It sounds cool, like you really know your stuff."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Don't worry, Awen. She won't hold a grudge. Says the voice in her head. It's just speculating about that.
    The demon actually hasn't heard much about Deus Mechanicus, and listens closely.

Off the Path]

You allways get on someones bad side, it just depends how they are. Sure Mia is upset, but she doesn't seem to be in a rage or in any way mad. She just speaks normal as if nothing happened.

"Don't worry." Mia says. "The nexus has a wide range of cultures. I can't blame you for that."
    "I have been doing this stuff for years now, more then half of my life in fact. So i guess it's normal for me. You shouldn't wait to long on your decission."

Mia doesn't look that old so half her life might be even less then 10 years.

Spoiler: HALO arrives
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    [Commander’s Village]

Felandria nods.

Yes, of course, follow me, I know exactly where we need to go.

Wenomir’s cottage is right over here.

Fel will lead Dorota and carry Mr. C over to Wenomir’s cottage.
    [Commander's Village]

Awen, as it happens, is nearby when Dorota, Fell, Mr. C, and all the other offscreen-but-participating HALO members come by.

Notable traits about Awen are that her right hand is missing, her hair is in a ponytail (but is swaying - possibly because there's black snakes scattered in there as well).

"Oh, hey, you guys are with HALO, right?" she asks. "Sorry, Wenomir had to make sure the base could still be functional while also making sure everyone could come by," she says. "I'm sure he'll come by as soon as he can."

She walks towards them and explains how things are set up: "We've set up a handful of rooms around the base to help everything go smoother" and the offscreen members can go to some of the farther-away ones that will be mainly visited by NPCs, or can help the onscreen members but behind-the-scenes. "I'll show you to them."

She leads them to [Testing Room A], [Testing Room B], and so on.

[Commander’s Village]

Mr. C will remain on Felandria. It's no use for him to walk. He got his own stuff with him so he is ready anytime.

"Who will be the guards? We should start with only one room and check those who can help us just in case. Such a situation is rather troublesome since we can't really trust our eyes." Mr C says to Felindra, trying to not let AWEn hear it. Just in case.

[Infirmary]

She is restrained, but not like she was in Amen, more to keep her from moving to much. With handsshe would have freed herself easily.

"Please don't move to much, you are still in a bad shape." Mia says as she seems to look the instruments. "I can't say how long you were out in AMEN, but you have been here only a few days."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2020-03-08 at 06:48 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Previously, on Vigil:
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by AshenLillies
    [Elves!!!]

Rain grins at the compliment, tossing her hair with a little flourish. "Well, I wouldn't be a very good bard if I wasn't dashing. And I learned from one of the best."

[Important Briefing]

Cass sighs heavily, her breath shaking a little. "The items that you're looking for were stored in a vault that was constructed by... the battlemage, while she was under the influence of demons. I know... something about how the vault, how it can be accessed, and the defenses, but not everything."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty
    [Important Briefing]

Wenomir reaches out to put his hand on Cass' shoulder reassuringly.

"We need to know how to get there and what to expect. Beyond that, you don't need to be involved any more than you want to. We can take it from there if need be."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller
    Important Briefing

Cessie says nothing for now, letting Wenomir do the talking. He knew her best after all and she didn’t want to put even more pressure on her right now.

ELVES!

“Ohh, an epic mentor? Are they even more, ah, dashing than you? I’d have to see that myself to believe it.” Anika gestures for the innkeeper. “Hey, keep! You gotta add Rain to the list now! She will be saving the day through song!”
    The VIGIL tavern was keeping a publically displayed list of each member and a counter next to them on how many times they had “saved the day”. Each time something was added to the counter, you got a free drink!

[ELVES!!!]

Rain nods enthusiastically.
    "When I worked as a barmaid at my mother's inn. We were very popular with adventurers, and the adventurers who stopped there would tell me all sorts of stories about their adventures," she says, dreamily. "But the best stories all came from Joaquin. He was a bard, who must have been sidekick to all the most famous adventurers - or so he liked to claim." She quirks a slight smile, giving Anika a sly glance and a wink.
    "But whether all of his stories were true or not, I knew I had to become and adventurer and see for myself!

[Important Briefing]

Cass flinches as Wenomir places his hand on her shoulder, Wenomir will find her to be tense and still.
    "It's located on a personal demi-plane," she says, dully. "I could probably take some people there, or show one of your mages how to get there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #185

[Off the Path]

It's good to know that she won't hold a grudge.

Making rushed decisions is, in general, bad.

That is why Awen says, "Y-yeah. Sure, make it," Awen says. Would asking her to make it be more or less offensive than asking her to not? "Um. How long will it take?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I'm not in the habit of probing into people's pasts," Wenomir says. "But if I deem it necessary, I will. Maybe my skill isn't the only reason she came to me. She might just need another environment, where her past only matters as much as she wants it to."[/COLOR]
    [Near The Entrance]

Enitan nods, thinking about it and coming to the same conclusion. "Right, perhaps that is the real reason. In a world where everyone has what people here call 'superpowers' to some degree, honed or not, violent vigilantism is frowned upon. She must be here because she's freer to act."

"Right, I've delivered my message, so I will be going now to explore the Nexus." The 45-year old woman says, preparing to turn and leave. "A pleasure meeting you. You remind me of my eldest son." She says, matter-of-factly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Lapis sets off!

She bounds out of her fancy super-special fort and looks around her immediate surroundings. The funny orange and black bird is around sometimes but sometimes not. Lapis is pretty sure it's up to something.

Now where had she seen Anika before?

Usually over at one of the training places, right?

Or just around.

"Usually Anika isn't a bear, usually she's a really tall purple elf like REALLY tall!" Lapis explains. "She's the only person I know who can turn into a bear but there are others probably."

Lapis' experience with bear metamorphosis is sharply limited.

Maybe if she had a larger selection of bear transforming people that she knew she could draw better conclusions.
    [Searching For Birds and in Asher's case Anika!]

Asher flies out after her, hovering and flapping his wings while they look around the area. "Let's go look for Anika first, I wanna see a bear! If's she's an elf now, if we ask nicely, she might show us her bear form! Also momma says when I'm older I'll be able to turn into a bear if I want!" He rambles excitedly, obviously more focused on looking for Anika than the bird.

Oh boy, the chance to meet a bear person! How exciting!

((Oh boy, the chance to RP with SC again! How exciting! ))
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sometime in the PastFuture]

Fidelia has instructed Calm Reed in the use of the sorcerous artifice known as "phones". One more item that would be the envy of the entire Scarlet Dynasty, used so casually here. But if it lets people inform Vigil of business that they need to take interest in quickly...

"This is Vigil."

"Hi Vigil.

This is Dad.

I mean Reinholdt. This is Reinholdt,"
    The cat gets out over the phone in between muffled laughter. He apparently couldn't help himself.

"Anyways, to the point," He quickly adds before losing the person on the other end of the call. "We, that is HALO, received a request to investigate a missing person case. While investigation and research is our purview nowadays- we'll have our professional private investigator on the case after all- given the Skyside connections and only recently reported missing persons making this a serial case, the probability of danger is pretty high. I was hoping to enlist a Vigil member for collaborative aid in the investigation, both as a sounding board for ideas and protective detail."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-09 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #188

If they are looking for Anika they will, if they ask around, hear that she's in her room inside the barracks for once. Knocking at that door will after a few minutes make a sleepy-looking Anika dressed only in her underwear open it up. "Hmmm? What's up?" She raises her hand and waves it at Lapis. "Yo, Lapis. Did you get that spooky scarecrow hat yet?"

[ELVES!!!]

"Sweet! Dude sounds awesome! I mean, even if it all wasn't true I bet he told it better than the people who actually might've done it. You should follow the tradition and steal some of his stories." With that Anika winks back. "But have it lived up to expections so far? The first few months are always hardest. I had to kill so many animals back then that I don't think anyone would believe I was a druid afterwards. All for just a couple of coppers and silvers."

Infirmary

"Thousands of years!" Anika seems to be unable to keep herself from saying as she suddenly moves up to the bed. "But more seriously, since the Riverside invasion. You remember that right? Lots of butt-ugly demons everywhere."

Anika and Blanche - Meow’dorei?

"Buy me dinner? Nah, you don't want to do that. I need at least two of your tiny human meals to keep this body going." She slaps her butt as they walk along. "I'd eat you out of your salery, and I will probably also eat you out regardless of getting a dinner anyway." The druid chuckles. "I mean, there are some places that serve proper meals, but then you'd have to suffer through the embarassement of ordering a kids meal or something." She gestures up ahead at the commander's village. "But hey, here we are. Did C-command actually say why she wanted to see us?"

[Cessie’s Office]

"Yeah, the guy seriously sucks!" Krakarow confirming that he and Wenomir actually agrees on something.

Cessie expression is completely blank as this exchange happens. "...I can see miss Sunfletcher and Turath are on their way. I suggest that you postpone this discussion for now." A suggestion which sounds a lot like an order.

[Commanders' Village]

Anika would probably have responded to Blanche if not Ithuriel mentioned how she blood tested herself. She starts gesturing around as she fills in the commanders of how the angels blood test went. "Oh yeah! She was totally hardcore! You should have seen it, she just cut herself in the freaking arm and drained blood. I mean, even I would have fliched but she was super-cool the entire time." Some of those might be her own details it seems.

Cessie raises an eyebrow at Ithuriel as this is explained. Though instead of focusing on Anika's colorful explanation, she reacts to something else Ithuriel said. "I'm sorry, demi-gods? I feel I might need some more context here, Miss Von Holstav. We'd be more than willing to offer help to these kids. Or give advice as to who can, but this feels like it's about more than just skinwalkers. It can't be a coincidence they're targeting these kids and you're trying to-" She stops herself midsentence and holds up her hand. "Actually, don't explain anything until we've got ourselves tested. Just to be safe. This sounds like its of critical importance, am I right?"

"Oh come on! I'm pretty sure we all know we're safe in here!" Anika insists. "Ith, if you trust us you should probably just say what's this about."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

"Security aside, let's deal with one thing at a time," Wenomir suggests. "We'll have time to discuss it once we're confident we haven't been infiltrated. Since it sounds like it's both important and highly sensitive."

[Cessie’s Office]

Wenomir breathes out through his nose. Krakarow's agreement as to Magtok's status as lowly vermin does mollify him somewhat. Maybe this goblin does have some good sense. He becomes a picture of calm once again, as quickly as ever.

"Yes, quite. Nothing to be done about it now, in any event. Let's deal with Blanche and Anika's contractual obligations."

[Near The Entrance]

"Likewise, and thank you." Wenomir nods. "Do come by if you want to find out how Svetlana is getting along."

"I see," says the person on the other side curtly. "My name is Calm Reed and both investigation and physical confrontation are my areas of expertise. I can join your agent shortly."

[Infirmary]

Wenomir stays back, letting Anika and Mia talk to the... person who looks like Ilpholin. They've already answered her question.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #190

Meow'dorei? -> Commander's Village III Cessie's Office

Blanche jumps at the impact, her attempt to maintain composure not entirely helped by the display... or Anika's jovial comments, for that matter. "W-well, I guess I can settle for providing an, erm, different sort of dinner," she flirts back. "Er, no, not really." She tries to brush her hair into a slightly more presentable look with a hand as she looks up at the building before them. "And, uh, can you just, erm, nudge me if I seem off-focus or something? I really don't want them to think I'm not paying attention or anything."

The Real Commander's Village

"Er. Yes, she's cleared. Can confirm." Blanche cringes just a tad at the recollection. She doesn't seem to have much else to add, her eyebrows raising at the casual mention of a demigod. Yikes. This sorta magic talk has got to be way over her paygrade, right?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

[Important Briefing]

"I will definitely be going there." Wenomir's voice is firm, but also quiet and calm. "I need to see it through. I'm not sure who else. Reinholdt might want to come. He should be pretty good at breaching security, at least. Do you need some time to decide if you want to come along as well? If not, one of our magic-users can do it if you give them directions."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

"Likewise, and thank you." Wenomir nods. "Do come by if you want to find out how Svetlana is getting along."
    [Near The Entrance]

"I will." And with that, Enitan leaves for HALO to tell them about Mirai's departure.
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Off the Path]

The voice in Awen's head - one of them, anyway, stands up and starts walking towards the training grounds.

Job done!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see," says the person on the other side curtly. "My name is Calm Reed and both investigation and physical confrontation are my areas of expertise. I can join your agent shortly."

No sense of humor this one! Ah well. At least she was interested. "Well Calm Reed, glad to make your acquaintance. Swing by HALO when you can and I'll introduce you, provide the full details and let you take it from there. Thank you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    "Your appearance is safe with me."
    "Better be," Laz warns half-jokingly, before taking off her helmet with a dramatic flourish, swinging her neck-length hair about. She hasn't taken any sort of grievous facial harm recently, so there's no stitches or holes in her mouth right now, but aside from that, she's every bit the pretty anime girl (who just so happens to be green and undead and craving human flesh) in that picture.

"See? In fact, with the right makeup and maybe some color contacts, I could probably convince people I'm actually totally human in here!" Jenette boasts, before blinking in shock. Oh wow, she could, couldn't she? I mean, it'd be a little expensive to gather up that much foundation, and contacts are a real pain in the backside to deal with, but what's stopping her from dolling herself up as a normal human again? What's stopping her from saying hi to her parents again, and just...just holding off on telling them about the whole zombie thing for a couple of days? We could just grab Fidelia, cake ourselves in foundation, and...and-

"...oh ****."

Initiation

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Initiation

"1095? Sorry, I'm not familiar with those terms. Alchemy was not a subject I majored in." She smiles apologetically. "But you don't need to be more specific than 'steel'. It's an alloy which is unusual though not unheard of. But if it's indeed what I suspect it is though, I'm offering you a chance to teach you how to use and control your powers better. If you're interested, that would double as your initiation 'trial'. If not, then we simply do something else. There are plenty of ways to be tested after all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Initiation

Fidelia perks up quite a bit. "Oh! Okay, um, yeah, that'd be great!" She hesitates briefly. "Although, um, I'd like to do some sort of trial too. I want to know if, like, I can be of any help what I can do now.

Jenette's eyes go wide. One of VIGIL's leaders, as Fi's private tutor? Hot damn, Fidelia, you're really moving up in the world, aren't you? This joining VIGIL thing might turn out to be the second-best thing to ever happen to Fi. After acquiring a wonderful and heroic roommate who got her off the streets of Skyside, of course. Fidelia's hand gets another excited squeeze. I mean, if Fidelia's capable of doing half what Cessie can, but with steel instead of flame, there's a very strong possibility they might have to reevaluate who gets to be the heroine and who plays the role of sidekick from here.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2020-03-10 at 04:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed's sense of humour has indeed been worn down by fifty years of ascetic living and battling rogue gods. She's even worse than Wenomir.

"Very well. I will be there shortly."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Searching For Birds and in Lapis' case a Spooky Hat!]

Lapis is absolutely unfazed by Anika's state of undress. This is probably on account of Lapis feeling like clothing is largely optional as a quadruped (most of the time). She she can do the whole 'look humanoid' thing and that's fun sometimes but what if she has to fight a gross face stealer or a really mean sea gull! She has to be vigilant at all times! It's right there in the origination's name.

"Hi Anika! No... I haven't found one yet finding hats that fit people with antlers is hard and finding spooky hats that fit people with antlers is even harder," Lapis laments.

No doubt this is a problem Anika is familiar with since male night elf druids end up with antlers sometimes.

"I've gotten pretty good at keeping the birds out even without the hat except that one weird orange bird I don't think it's normal but it doesn't smell like one of the pod people," Lapis says as she glances around it. "It doesn't smell like anything it's super-weird."

Wait, is that it over there? Didn't she look in that tree already? She's pretty sure she did.

"Hey! You need to go away, bird!" she hollers at it. "Birds can't be here without security clearance!"

It probably won't listen to her.

It never does.

"Oh yeah! This is my new friend Asher! I told him about how you can turn into a bear and he wanted to meet you!"

Who wouldn't want to meet someone who can turn into a bear?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #198

[Commanders' Village]

"I dunno how much more there is to say really, anyway. The orphanage was an absolute mess. We locked the place down expecting skinwalkers, but not whatever crazy sort of ritual they were conducting in there." She rubs the back of her head and sighs. "I'll spare the details until after any testing like you said, just in case. Suffice to say there's definitely some sort of hierarchy to the skinwalkers and some overarching goal to their activities. I probably should've notified VIGIL sooner, but I- I wasn't alright for a while afterwards. I'm still not entirely." There's another apologetic glance at Anika as she says that.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Looking for Birds, Bears and Hats

The hoopoe tilts its head and looks at Lapis, flying up a little higher in the tree. "Hoo-pooo."

Asher might note that the bird's not actually 'saying' anything; in addition to not having a smell, the sound doesn't actually mean anything when the hoopoe makes it. No shades of territoriality, no warning message, and not even any implication of trying to attract a mate.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #200

The Interview

Faith seem be busy just taking in Laz's apperance when the ghoul suddenly swears. Something which causes her to pause.
    "...Something that matter? We could call it quits if you just remembered something you needed to do." She suggests. "But would you mind just one picture first? Er, with your helmet on of course."

Initiation

Cessie nods. "Of course. The idea is that we work our way up to a trial that will, to some degree, involve the use of eldritch. Either way you won't be facing one right away as we usually tailor-fit them to each member and I'd need more time to consider yours." She looks between them. "But does that sound alright with you two? We can start as soon as possible if you want. I'm afraid some of the training might have to take place back in my home though. Just so you know."

[Important Briefing]

"I don't know 'magic' so I won't be of any help in that area I'm afraid." Cessie seems somewhat reluclant to admit. "But Cassandra, you will be the ultimate judge in whose to come as it's your memories. Do you trust Reinholdt enough to bring him with us?"

Cessie's Office

Anika smirks. "Since you're off day-dreaming us without clothes on? Then don't look at C-command, I figure she might take offense to that." Anika says just as she opens the door so everyone inside the room will just catch the end of that sentence.
    The druid pauses as she catches both commanders staring at her. "Oh. Hey guys!" She waves and smiles. "What's up?" It actually takes her a moment to even notice the goblins considering how much shorter they are compared to her.
    "There you are! I've been looking forward talking to you two ever since the accident back in Inside." Krakorow pops up from his chair like a jack-in-the-box.
    "Oh, you're... that dude. Sorry about that explosion onboard your boat. Just had to kill that creeper you know?"
    The goblin clears his throat. "ahem Krakarow's the name if you remember? We signed a contract and all those expenses will be covered by it. So as soon as you start working, that won't be a problem anymore."

[Commanders' Village]

Cessie seems to relent on the point and speaks freely despite her earlier paranoia. "We figured that giant one that emerged from underneath the city at least was different from the others. However, there's more. MERC was apparently in contact with someone who had hired them to deal with skinwalkers and they had information that you might be interested in, Miss Von Holstav. Have you had any dealings with them before?"

Anika gives Ithuriel the thumbs up. She doesn't seem to take any offense anymore at least.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

[The Clinic]

"Let's start with the leaders and the higher-ranking members, who will then help us with security as we test the others," Dorota suggests. "Work our way down."

22. - Top - End - #202

Post Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

Initiation

Fidelia's eyes widen a tad as St. Lazarus squeezes her hand just a tad too hard in her excitement - but she doesn't seem terribly fazed by it, returning the gesture as best she can. She's dealt with far worse than a bit of armor pinching her skin. "Uh, yeah, that sounds - that sounds great!"

Cessie's Office

Blanche responds with what sounds like a compromise between a laugh and a groan. "Please don't give me ideas." The banter shuts up pretty quickly as soon as she realizes all eyes are on them, straightening up a tad. Concern flits through her gaze as she spots and then recognizes one of the goblins present.

"Apologies, our jobs mean that there's more names to remember on a daily basis." A bit of an exaggeration but it gets her point across. Every mission has its targets and charges, sources of information and third-parties. Like what the goblins in front of them were. "And, erm, working? What- what kind of work are we talking about exactly?" Blanche disguises the anxiety from her voice as best she can, but enough unsavory and worst-case scenario options flit through her mind that she moves a little closer to Anika's side.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

If they are looking for Anika they will, if they ask around, hear that she's in her room inside the barracks for once. Knocking at that door will after a few minutes make a sleepy-looking Anika dressed only in her underwear open it up. "Hmmm? What's up?" She raises her hand and waves it at Lapis. "Yo, Lapis. Did you get that spooky scarecrow hat yet?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Searching For Birds and in Lapis' case a Spooky Hat!]

Lapis is absolutely unfazed by Anika's state of undress. This is probably on account of Lapis feeling like clothing is largely optional as a quadruped (most of the time). She she can do the whole 'look humanoid' thing and that's fun sometimes but what if she has to fight a gross face stealer or a really mean sea gull! She has to be vigilant at all times! It's right there in the origination's name.

"Hi Anika! No... I haven't found one yet finding hats that fit people with antlers is hard and finding spooky hats that fit people with antlers is even harder," Lapis laments.

No doubt this is a problem Anika is familiar with since male night elf druids end up with antlers sometimes.

"I've gotten pretty good at keeping the birds out even without the hat except that one weird orange bird I don't think it's normal but it doesn't smell like one of the pod people," Lapis says as she glances around it. "It doesn't smell like anything it's super-weird."

Wait, is that it over there? Didn't she look in that tree already? She's pretty sure she did.

"Hey! You need to go away, bird!" she hollers at it. "Birds can't be here without security clearance!"

It probably won't listen to her.

It never does.

"Oh yeah! This is my new friend Asher! I told him about how you can turn into a bear and he wanted to meet you!"

Who wouldn't want to meet someone who can turn into a bear?
    [Meeting Anika]

"Hi Anika, I'm Asher!" The winged boy introduces himself, bowing politely, then immediately gets down to business. "Lapis said you can turn into a bear, and I like bears! When I get older, my momma angel said I can learn to turn into whatever I want, even a bear! I have a friend called Scout, he's a little bear cub and I'm showing him around the Nexus! Can I see your bear form too, pretty please?" He asks, getting that out all at once without stopping to breathe.

He turns to glance at the weird bird Lapis calls out to, but not for long, for his entire focus right now is on Anika while he patiently waits for her to reveal her bear form!
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

[The Clinic]

"Let's start with the leaders and the higher-ranking members, who will then help us with security as we test the others," Dorota suggests. "Work our way down."
    Excellent, we should locate Wenomir and Cassie and get them checked out.

Felandria pulls out her phone and scrolls through her contacts, selecting one.

Wenomir, It’s Fel, we’re here, we want to get you tested first, meet us over here as soon as you can.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

25. - Top - End - #205

[Commanders' Village]

"MERC? No, can't really say I have." Ithuriel is drawing a blank on that one. She didn't recall any particular MERC interaction with Intersection either, though there was probably some at some point, right? Seems likely MERC would've had some degree of business. She'd have to check the old files. "Anything that helps us track down the fake-me faster would be useful though. I'd like to stop having to set up passwords and stuff everywhere I go just to convince people I'm still me."

26. - Top - End - #206

[Spooky Encounters]

Lucy shushes. Oop!

Laela doesn't see anything to gain from continuing to be recalcitrant. Even if her and Cora and Bastion are definitely old enough to go to their own house and watch some spooky movies without having to ask about everything. She scuffs her foot on the ground and says, "I promise."

"Well, now that's settled," Adir goes on. Funny him having to be the not-stern parent. "Let's get back to the house and make sure there aren't any more of these weirdo things."

[AMEN Debrief --> Detour --> Infirmary]

"You make some good points, but she might not be so used to it as you might think. Why, how can I be a prize with guys like Wenomir around?" Adir forks his thumb in the general direction of the base. He tests his fixed leg... and laughs when she calls him a hunk. "I dig your philosophy, Anika. Okay. I wouldn't ask you to be a hunkist, god forbid. Look, I'm gonna take the young lady here where she needs to be, then I'll be back to check on Ilpholin. And... not-Ilpholin."

And Adir will do just as he says, provided his passenger doesn't try anything uncouth or change her mind. Perhaps striding into the infirmary a little time later.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-03-12 at 10:15 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #207

[Off the Path]

It's good to know that she won't hold a grudge.

Making rushed decisions is, in general, bad.

That is why Awen says, "Y-yeah. Sure, make it," Awen says. Would asking her to make it be more or less offensive than asking her to not? "Um. How long will it take?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The voice in Awen's head - one of them, anyway, stands up and starts walking towards the training grounds.

Job done!
    [Off the Path]

"A few days."
    Mia says "It depends what you want. A pure replacement with a minimum on functions would be done easily. a 100% replacement needs a bit longer due to the complex mechanisms. I will need to measure your other hand unless you got a picture or such as a reference."

[The Clinic]

Mr C will just nod and then head to one of the rooms they got, preparing the instruments he brought with him. For some reason his hidden collar bag seems to be very handy. He pulls out inbstruments which are severel times his size.

28. - Top - End - #208

[Off the Path]

"I...I don't know," Awen says. Her eyes go wider. "No idea, I know nothing about the differences or what would be better or anything like that."

She thinks for a bit.

Then, shrugs. "Um. It'd probably be best if you decide because since I don't know the difference, picking would be just like randomly deciding."

"I do have another hand that you can look at," she says, showing her left hand. "A-and gloves, too, if that helps."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-03-13 at 02:49 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds - Svetlana meets Awen]

Svetlana is a pale-skinned Polish-Japanese numan, her face more on the Polish side save for her eye shape, with short black hair. Her eyes have white-sclera and are heterochromic (hazel-green and brown), with cyber lines on her chin and cheeks. Her body is completely cyberized, shiny metal covered in artificial skin separated in places by cyber lines. She wears a headband with fox ears sticking out of the top, a pink-and-black figure-skating dress, pantyhose and simple black shoes, her usual brown trenchcoat nowhere in sight.

By way of training, she's practicing ballet moves, and is really good at it, too.

When she sees Awen, she'll continue doing what she's doing... until she notices the fox beside her, after which she'll stop and flash an uncharacteristically huge smile at the cute fluffy foxxo.

((Edited to cover her metal body with skin, which warrants clothes.))
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-15 at 06:31 PM.
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #210

[Off the Path]

"I...I don't know," Awen says. Her eyes go wider. "No idea, I know nothing about the differences or what would be better or anything like that."

She thinks for a bit.

Then, shrugs. "Um. It'd probably be best if you decide because since I don't know the difference, picking would be just like randomly deciding."

"I do have another hand that you can look at," she says, showing her left hand. "A-and gloves, too, if that helps."
    [Off the Path]

"Okay, I guess we go with the second then. It's closer to a real hand which you should be more comfortable." she says.
    "Gloves are a fine addition. Let's get somewhere to make a handprint." I guess measuring the hand and getting the glove can be handwaved unless Awen got something to add.