New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[Off the Path]

Awen nods. "Yeah, okay," she says. That sounds a lot less scary than she was imagining. "Yeah. Let's stop by my room first, so I can grab a glove." That can all be handwaved, yeah. Watching Awen dig through her gloves to find one that hasn't been pierced by her fingernails or stained with her blood - her fingernails are pretty sharp - has got to be pretty boring and so that can all be skipped.

After it's all done, the only question she has left is about how long it would take.

[Training Grounds]

At this point, Awen is still missing her right hand, and so she's basically training her hair to have it grab and lift things and so on.

Her fox is with her this time - it seems they've made up, or something along those lines.

The fox, after being smiled at, rolls over to its back with its feet in the air. Its tail starts wagging and its head turns as it looks back.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

[Commanders' Village] ==> [The Clinic]

Wenomir heads out to meet the HALO party as they depart from the clinic.

"Thank you all for coming. Cessie wanted her and me to be the first ones tested, for obvious reasons. Just tell me what to do."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    At this point, Awen is still missing her right hand, and so she's basically training her hair to have it grab and lift things and so on.

Her fox is with her this time - it seems they've made up, or something along those lines.

The fox, after being smiled at, rolls over to its back with its feet in the air. Its tail starts wagging and its head turns as it looks back.
    [Training Grounds]

Like Spider-Man, who can do whatever a spider can, or Tsuyu (Froppy) from My Hero Academia, who can do whatever a frog can, we present to you Svetlana, whose powers are to do whatever a kitsune can! Only natural she loves foxes and dislikes dogs, really.

So happy is she to see the fox, and happier still that it apparently likes her already, that she pockets the headband in the sole pocket of her dress, and reveals her intermediate fox-girl form, sprouting nine tails from her tailbone and real fox ears to replace the fake ones from the headband. She skips over to Rey, bends down and starts rubbing its belly. "Who's a cute foxxy, yes you are!"

It's only then that she realizes that the fox isn't alone, and glances up to look at Awen. Too fox-happy to look dignified, she greets the witch. "Cześć. Your fox? I am Svetlana, what is his name? And yours?" She mentions the latter as an afterthought, clearly more interested in the fox at the moment.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Interview

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Interview

Faith seem be busy just taking in Laz's apperance when the ghoul suddenly swears. Something which causes her to pause.
    "...Something that matter? We could call it quits if you just remembered something you needed to do." She suggests. "But would you mind just one picture first? Er, with your helmet on of course."

"Sure, no problem," Laz nods, putting her helmet back on just as swiftly as she removed it only a moment ago. This is going to take some planning and preparation, isn't it? She'll need a whole lot of foundation, maybe some hair dye, and a picture of what she looked like before the bite to make sure the skin tone matches perfectly. There's probably makeup tutorial videos online for exactly this sort of problem, right? Oh, and she'll have to be extra careful to not touch her face, of course. She could tell Mom and Dad that she's sick and use that as an excuse to wear gloves and long sleeves, and uhh...umm...

Oh! Faith is still here, isn't she? Laz still needs to finish this interview before she can get started on any of that!

"Right! Some sort of action pose with the sword, maybe?" she suggests, as if she wasn't just spacing out and oblivious to everything going on around her as soon as the helmet went back on.

Initiation

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiation

Cessie nods. "Of course. The idea is that we work our way up to a trial that will, to some degree, involve the use of eldritch. Either way you won't be facing one right away as we usually tailor-fit them to each member and I'd need more time to consider yours." She looks between them. "But does that sound alright with you two? We can start as soon as possible if you want. I'm afraid some of the training might have to take place back in my home though. Just so you know."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Initiation

Fidelia's eyes widen a tad as St. Lazarus squeezes her hand just a tad too hard in her excitement - but she doesn't seem terribly fazed by it, returning the gesture as best she can. She's dealt with far worse than a bit of armor pinching her skin. "Uh, yeah, that sounds - that sounds great!"

Jenette shrugs. If Cessie wants to bring Fi over to the estate, that's fine, right? I mean, if she wasn't completely trustworthy, obviously Jenette would insist on being there for every second of the training sessions, but one of the two co-leaders of VIGIL would never do anything untoward to Fidelia in her own home, right? Ms. Mithar has worked here for years without controversy; she doesn't seem like the sort to abuse her power, and even if she was, she married a dude, didn't she? It's Wenomir and Adir and all the other men in VIGIL who would need to watch out for that.

"You live pretty far from Skyside and neither of us can teleport. Will VIGIL cover transportation fees?" It probably wouldn't cost much, but Cessie didn't specify how long these lessons would take, and skycabs can get expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #215

[Training Grounds]

The fox moves his head when it receives the petting. He rolls a little but appears to enjoy the attention.

"His name's Reynard," she says. She continues doing the training she was doing. "And I'm Awen."

"And, um, who are you?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

The fox moves his head when it receives the petting. He rolls a little but appears to enjoy the attention.

"His name's Reynard," she says. She continues doing the training she was doing. "And I'm Awen."

"And, um, who are you?"
    [Training Grounds]

Svetlana begins gently and lovingly stroking the fox., looking up at Awen, head tilted back as if she's looking down her nose a bit at the witch even while currently below her. "I am Svetlana. New to the Nexus, and newer still to VIGIL." For a few moments, it seems as though there is nothing more she'd say, but then she gives the other female a cursory once-over, her eyes lingering at the missing arm for a second. All of a sudden, she feels she can relate a bit more to this... girl. Besides, a missing arm is an opportunity for her to flex one of her skills, and Svetlana does love to show off.

"This body of mine is elegant, is it not? I lost my original in an accident, along with certain dreams of mine." Her other hand comes to rest, unconsciously, on where her womb should be, and for a brief moment, sorrow darkens her eyes. New body or not, some things a cybernetic body can't bring back. "However, with this body I can do my best to ensure no evildoer steals the dreams of anyone else."

The cyborg woman rises to her full height, picking Reynard up and continuing to stroke the fox's back. "I am currently a cyberneticist. Your arm, I can replace it to be just as elegant, if you wish. In some respects, it will serve you better than your arm of flesh. Of course, I will have to know how you lost that arm. Perhaps, even your story in general. I might even return the favour, story-wise."

While waiting for the witch's response, she turns her attention back to Reynard, kissing him on the head. As a test, she yips some fox language at him, to see if he'd respond. When he doesn't, she furrows her brow, then shrugs and continues pampering him.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-18 at 12:28 PM.
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #217

[Training Grounds]

The fox is picked up and he appears to love the attention.

When she starts yipping at him, he looks at her for a few moments, raises his head, and licks her face. And then lets his head hang again, just content with the attention.

Honestly, Awen is a little creeped out by machinery and robotics. They just feel so...lifeless and mindless.
    She tries to not show it. "Y-yeah. It's pretty elegant," she says.

She looks down at her wrist. "I actually still have both my arms," she says - it's just a hand that she's missing. "And, besides, someone already offered to do that."

Awen's about to answer her question, but then pauses when her conversation partner starts yipping. It's a little weird talking with someone while they're making animal noises, after all. "Um, I lost it in a mirror. There was a woman trapped in it, so I got her out but then my hand was trapped inside it." Pretty simple story, right? Makes sense, right? Of course, there's still her 'story in general' - "U-um, and my story? I dunno, it's not that interesting. I came from a different world, and I was a maid there." But that doesn't explain why her hair is half-snakes and why the not-snake part can lift up weights on its own, and so on. It would explain why she avoids direct eye contact, though, because sometimes maids are taught to not make eye contact with the people they're serving.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Commanders' Village] ==> [The Clinic]

Wenomir heads out to meet the HALO party as they depart from the clinic.

"Thank you all for coming. Cessie wanted her and me to be the first ones tested, for obvious reasons. Just tell me what to do."
    Just follow us and we’ll get a blood sample, make sure you’re clear.

How do we plan on dealing with things once we find the infected?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Svetlana smiles at the fox after being licked, and kisses his head again.

"You do not sound convinced." She says, turning her attention back to the witch, her fox ears twitching and her lips pursing momentarily. "Your choice, however." She shrugs. If she doesn't want an elegant cybernetic hand, then she doesn't want an elegant cybernetic hand.

After listening to Awen's stories, both of them, she brightens a bit at the knowledge of Awen's having maid training. "A maid, eh? I had a maid, once." She says, looking thoughtful. "I gave her the choice to come here with me, and she chose to stay behind, so I let her go. I come from a different world as well, as you may have surmised."

Giving the witch another once-over, she nods in approval. "Are you still in that line of work? I could use a new maid. You'll be well compensated and taken care of, Awen-chan, I treat my subordinates well. Besides, a woman who'd risk her limb to save a trapped woman is worthy of my respect."
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #220

[Training Grounds]

Seeing that Svetlana's attention is returning to Awen, the fox decides he needs to fight back: he wriggles so that he can get in a position with leverage, and then pushes himself up so that he can climb higher on Svetlana.

"I-I'm actually a combat member of Vigil," Awen replies, feeling that that's enough to deny that she's still a maid. "I still sometimes clean in my free time, but anything more than that would get in the way of my official duties."

And then, in spite of thinking she was clear enough, she still tries to clarify more. "U-um, accepting maidwork would essentially mean retiring from my duties in Vigil and I don't want to do that because it's always been a dream of mine to be a hero," she says, "and b-besides, I have too much pride as a maid to accept work from j-just anyone. I...I hope you understand."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-03-19 at 07:49 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Don't worry, Rey-chan, I'm still with you." The currently-half-kitsune woman says, continuing to pet him. Hopefully, he's on her shoulder and not on her head, or she'll bring it up. "How am I to pet your lovely fur from there?"

Svetlana is about to respond with something to the effect of it not getting in the way of her combat duties when Awen feels the need to clarify. By the time she's done, however, perhaps contrary to how one would expect she responds, there's a look of newfound respect on her face. Finding herself smiling and nodding in admiration by the time the witch's done speaking, she finally speaks.

"I see. Being a hero is a noble goal, one I share, and I can understand your pride in your work, maid or combatant." She turns to Reynard and points to Awen. "I like this one. No worries, I like you more, cute one." Turning back to Awen, she continues, of course still stroking and massaging Reynard. "Well, then I look forward to fighting alongside you, one day. I must ask, though, from one aspiring hero to another: why do you want to be a hero?" She seems genuinely interested in hearing her answer.

However, so Reynard doesn't feel left out, she focuses more of her attention on pampering him while she listens to the reply.
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #222

[The Clinic]

Mr C will be waiting for Wenomir, already holding the syringe. Should he allow him to take thesample he will do so. Even if Mr. C is very small he get's the job done, not only because with his size he is mch closer and finds the artery without a problem. He will take the appropriate amount.

"I recommend taking a hearty meal." he says pointing at an already prepared plate. "I know we didn't took that much blood but better safe then sorry."

Then he goes to the research or testing.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

[The Clinic]

"If any of us are skin-walkers, we'll need to find out what happened to the real ones," Wenomir says. "Then destroy the fake ones. But first let's make sure I'm not one."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #224

[Spooky Encounters]

Cessie gives both Cora and Bastion a firm look but says nothing. Hopefully they would have learned their lesson though she doubted that in Cora's case.
    Now she would have to help the Frescots make sure there was no more creatures in their house. She would help them set up spirit-wards if not for Sakura herself...

[Meeting Anika]

The what-people? "Can't you just make holes in a normal hat? Or- Oh! Put like scary spiderweb in your antlers." She wasn't convinced that worked against birds though, but the birds were people so many they'd be spooked by that?

Also, Anika's room is indoors but I shall assume Lapis saw the bird through an open window. "Yeah, you show that bird, Lapis!" The druid shoots a glare at the bird to make sure it knew it wasn't wanted!

Finally, she looks down to Asher. Huh, they sure made them small these days.
    "Hey, a fellow bear fan! That makes you a pretty cool kid, Asher!" She puts her hand to her chest. "But of course I can turn into a bear. I can turn into a whole lot of things. I'll show you. I just need to-" The though occured to her that she was only in her underwear, but then that's replaced by an even cooler thought. "Hey, if you turned into a bear, would you still have your wings, Asher? Since that'd be awesome!"

Cessie's Office

Krakorow glances at Cessie and Wenomir. "Ehh, I'd prefer to discuss that in a more private if that's okay with all of you. Obviously the commanders will get their chance to chime in but I kinda, y'know, feel that this conversation should be between the two ladies and me."

He turns back to Blanche with a confident smile. "But to answer your question! I want you to star in a few commercials for some monentary compensation."

Anika's eyes widen. "That's it? We don't even have to do anything?"

Krakarow scratches his head. "Uhh, well it's a job-"

Anika doesn't even seem to listen though and gives Blanche's back a friendly slap. "Ha! We sure lucked out there, didn't we?"

The Interview

"Yeah, that'd do nicely!" Faith replies. Thankfully for Laz the journalist have been busy getting up her camera so she's barely noticed that the ghoul have been spacing out. "Just take a few cool pose you're comfortable with and I'll pick one of them."

Initiation

"I can see if something can be arranged in that regard." Cessie remarks with a nod. "But with that, it seems we're set doesn't it? The training should start at the beginning of next week. How often and when will be arranged then."

((I told Arkh it was my turn as I assumed she had posted. So I will post here instead.))

[The Clinic?]

((Okay, guys. First you pick a location tag that's already being used in a seperate scene and now you change it to another location tag that's being used in another scene. Please check before you pick a location tag as this is just getting confusing.))

[Commanders' Village]

"I talked to one of their senior officers, a Dena Xifhara. They can't confirm the identity of the person who hired them but whoever it was knew about the skinwalkers long before most of us did. In fact, that information was the only reason we even were in Inside in the first place. MERC had a couple of people clear out a number of skinwalkers and also took out a ritual performed underneath the town. It seemed like it was connected to the skinwalkers somehow but I'm not sure how. It seems like a lot was taking place at the same time that day." Cessie explains to Ithuriel.

"Sounds like a mystery to me. We should investigate!" She turns to the angel. "Since you're like a detective right, Ithuriel?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-03-21 at 10:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Cessie's Office

Blanche's eyes widen as Anika hits her on the back, biting back an awkward sound as she staggers. "A-Anika please... er, I'm not sure how good I'm going to be for, er, that?" She rubs the back of her head. "Never done any public speaking, and I'm not really good with people."

Initiation

Fidelia nods a little nervously. Uh, yeah, sure. That works for me. We, uh, don't have anything planned then, right Jen?
    She looks over to her.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphfirmary

(There, entirely different location tag to make sure no one gets confused)

"Ilpholin" grunts when the restraints prevent her from getting up. A flash of pink around her eyes and the buckles are undone by similar force. Once she's able to sit up, she looks dizzy for a bit as she tries to remember. "I remember fighting and getting captured then being turned over to..." She stops, confusion completely clear on her face before she grimaces in pain. A haze of pink energy coalesces around her head, crackling and finally shattering as another bout of dizziness hits. "I remember *dying*." She growls, sounding sick as she grunts through her clenched teeth. "Being on a rooftop, fighting...things crawling along the floor and walls. I remember...remember being hit, melting, agonizing..." It clearly becomes too much as she rolls off the hospital bed and onto the floor, landing on her knees to retch. Fortunately for everyone present, her stomach is empty so all that comes up is bile.

17. - Top - End - #227

[Meeting Anika and Also Chasing Birds]

"I guess maybe I could just make some holes in the hat," Lapis reasons.

Then the weird bird makes weird bird noises at her instead of flying away.

"Okay I'll go chase that bird away I'll be right back okay?" the little seraph says before turning and bounding out the door toward the hoopoe.

She's going to get it this time.

She'll get it for sure!

And then that weird bird will go away and not come back!

She'll do a really great job and everyone will be proud of her!

Man this bird is so creepy. Lapis, like her mother, has a connection to the sphere of information. If she really focuses, she can tell what all the different bird calls mean. And they always mean something. But the noises THIS bird makes are totally empty.

It's a hollow bird.

Lapis braces her front hooves on the tree and yells up at the bird!

"You get out of here! Birds aren't allowed at VIGIL!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Chasing Birds

The bird looks down at Lapis and tilts its head. It listens to what she says, and waits a moment and then flies off. If Lapis watches it go, there's a point it passes behind something- a tree, post, pole or something- and doesn't reappear out the other side.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #229

Ilphfirmary

As FakeIlph uses her power to get free Mia takes a few steps back. She would like to help her, but as predicted the woman is far to dangerouse now. Mostly due to the traumas she lived through. Thought dying is something she got no informations about. Either way as FakeIlph is on the ground Mia pulls a bucket close to her, still keeping a safe distance.

"That sounds like the demons did mad things to you, but here you are safe." Mia says. "It may be hard, but whatever you can tell us could help us understand what happened."

20. - Top - End - #230

[Training Grounds]

The fox only goes high enough to draw her attention back to him. If it takes going all the way to her head, then that's what he'll do.

Awen, aware that her reason isn't as exciting or righteous as others' reasons, isn't completely comfortable saying why, but after a small amount of deliberating, she does say, "Um...growing up, I've read tons of stories about knights saving princesses or heroes doing similar things, and so on, and...well, I thought that it would be nice to be like them. To save princesses or to be a hero or things like that."

Pretty simple reason, actually.
    She read about it, and liked the idea of it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #231

[Off the Path]

Awen nods. "Yeah, okay," she says. That sounds a lot less scary than she was imagining. "Yeah. Let's stop by my room first, so I can grab a glove." That can all be handwaved, yeah. Watching Awen dig through her gloves to find one that hasn't been pierced by her fingernails or stained with her blood - her fingernails are pretty sharp - has got to be pretty boring and so that can all be skipped.

After it's all done, the only question she has left is about how long it would take.

[Training Grounds]

[Off the Path]

((Oh god so sorry i missed it twice.))

Mia nods and follows. She will take a gloveand then measure the other hand as mentioned.

"I will need around a week. I think I need some materials, but most of it is already in the lab." she sais scrolling through a list on her pad. "Just drop by and we can attach it."

At least this will distract her from the letter.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Of bears and birds
    Show
    [Meeting Anika]

The what-people? "Can't you just make holes in a normal hat? Or- Oh! Put like scary spiderweb in your antlers." She wasn't convinced that worked against birds though, but the birds were people so many they'd be spooked by that?

Also, Anika's room is indoors but I shall assume Lapis saw the bird through an open window. "Yeah, you show that bird, Lapis!" The druid shoots a glare at the bird to make sure it knew it wasn't wanted!

Finally, she looks down to Asher. Huh, they sure made them small these days.
    "Hey, a fellow bear fan! That makes you a pretty cool kid, Asher!" She puts her hand to her chest. "But of course I can turn into a bear. I can turn into a whole lot of things. I'll show you. I just need to-" The though occured to her that she was only in her underwear, but then that's replaced by an even cooler thought. "Hey, if you turned into a bear, would you still have your wings, Asher? Since that'd be awesome!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

"I guess maybe I could just make some holes in the hat," Lapis reasons.

Then the weird bird makes weird bird noises at her instead of flying away.

"Okay I'll go chase that bird away I'll be right back okay?" the little seraph says before turning and bounding out the door toward the hoopoe.

She's going to get it this time.

She'll get it for sure!

And then that weird bird will go away and not come back!

She'll do a really great job and everyone will be proud of her!

Man this bird is so creepy. Lapis, like her mother, has a connection to the sphere of information. If she really focuses, she can tell what all the different bird calls mean. And they always mean something. But the noises THIS bird makes are totally empty.

It's a hollow bird.

Lapis braces her front hooves on the tree and yells up at the bird!

"You get out of here! Birds aren't allowed at VIGIL!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Chasing Birds

The bird looks down at Lapis and tilts its head. It listens to what she says, and waits a moment and then flies off. If Lapis watches it go, there's a point it passes behind something- a tree, post, pole or something- and doesn't reappear out the other side.

Asher grins brightly when told he's cool. "Thank you, Anika, and you too!" She shows how much cooler she is when she says she can turn into a lot of things, and he gasps quite loudly. "Me too! Momma can turn into a lot of things, and I'll be like her when I grow up and am bigger, but she prefers not to do so." Unfortunately for Anika's excitement, he has to respond in the negative. "Noo, cause bears don't have wings! Though maybe I could still fly as a bear... I'll ask momma."

Then, the weird bird starts making noises, which cause Asher to focus more on it, turning his head to look at it. It's odd, the bird's words don't mean anything, it doesn't smell like anything, it's like it's both here and not. He focuses, trying to glean present information from it like his mother taught him to, and... nothing.

"Wait, little sis, that bird is weird!" Asher says, not that she hears him, for she's already bounded out the door at that point.

"What's up with that bird, Anika? It's like it's only physically here! All the other stuff... I sense nothing." He asks the night elf, looking thoughtful.

[Training Grounds]

The fox only goes high enough to draw her attention back to him. If it takes going all the way to her head, then that's what he'll do.

Awen, aware that her reason isn't as exciting or righteous as others' reasons, isn't completely comfortable saying why, but after a small amount of deliberating, she does say, "Um...growing up, I've read tons of stories about knights saving princesses or heroes doing similar things, and so on, and...well, I thought that it would be nice to be like them. To save princesses or to be a hero or things like that."

Pretty simple reason, actually.
    She read about it, and liked the idea of it.
    [Training Grounds]

Svetlana was formerly holding the fox level with her stomach, but in moving up, adjusts her arm so now he's at her chest, so he won't have to go to her shoulder just yet, then she cradles him like a baby and gets to work on rubbing his belly while she talks to Awen.

And then Awen explains her reason, eliciting a simple "Oh." from Svetlana. Clearly, she expected something more grand, some righteous reason, hence her disappointment. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand a little, Awen-chan." She finally says, rubbing Rey's chin. "I used to be a figure skating champion, before I retired. It is quite rewarding to be recognized for your skills and actions, is it not?"

Her smile fades as her story takes a darker turn. "As a figure skater I could entertain people with my skills, as a cyberneticist I could help people who needed replacement parts for one reason or the other. I soon had a husband, pet fox and a baby in me, a home, but they were taken from me." She says it sorrowfully, but the next time she repeats it, it's full of rage. "My home was taken away from me. My dreams of what my home could be were shattered, leaving me as the only survivor. As elegant as this body is, I didn't get it by choice. After killing the man responsible, I decided I wouldn't let any criminal, villain or evildoer steal anyone else's dreams."

If looks could kill, there'd be a hole in the ground she's staring at hatefully. Then she glances at Reynard, her look softens and she continues stroking his head. "They frowned on that back home, y'know. Good thing that malfunctioning portal brought me here, where I quickly found out it's less frowned-upon to kill nasty people. I can do some good here, I can save people from having their dreams ruined." She finishes, with conviction.

"So, yes, I can understand wanting to save people and be recognized for your efforts. An elf named Holly thought I was going overboard, however. Do you think the same?" She asks, once again kissing Rey's snout.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-23 at 10:49 PM.
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #233

The Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    "Just take a few cool pose you're comfortable with and I'll pick one of them."
    It's hard for Laz to not look distracted, plagued as she is by thoughts of home. How's Mom been doing after all of this time? What have they done with her room, now that she's gone? What would her dad think of her and Fidelia? Hers was never the most progressive household, but most of her father's more questionable opinions centered around other species, like the catpeople and ponies. Both of which, let's be honest, don't have the most innocuous of histories. One was on the other side of a war, and the other was mass-converting undead. There's nothing about that which doesn't sound incredibly sketchy.

Still, she takes a few poses without issue, borrowing some of the combat stances Calm Reed taught her. She's particularly fond of one pose where she rests her zweihander on her shoulder, the huge steel blade sitting comfortably without the slightest bit of exertion on her part.

Initiation

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiation

"I can see if something can be arranged in that regard." Cessie remarks with a nod. "But with that, it seems we're set doesn't it? The training should start at the beginning of next week. How often and when will be arranged then."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Initiation

Fidelia nods a little nervously. Uh, yeah, sure. That works for me. We, uh, don't have anything planned then, right Jen?
    She looks over to her.

"I don't think so," Laz answers, mulling it over. This is before her big makeup idea, I think, so she's yet to add that to the schedule. Even then, she could easily push that back another week or so. I mean, it's not like her parents are going anywhere, right?

...Right?

...Should we send Fidelia to Inside to check and make sure they still live in the same home and that everything's fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Clinic]

"If any of us are skin-walkers, we'll need to find out what happened to the real ones," Wenomir says. "Then destroy the fake ones. But first let's make sure I'm not one."
    Yes, let’s certainly hope so.

I took the liberty of having myself tested as well, I can show you the results, if you like.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

25. - Top - End - #235

The Interview

"Alright, that should be it." The journalist declares after a few photos as she's checking her camera.
    Putting it away, she offers her hand. "Nice to finally have met you, Lazarus. I'll send you a draft of my article in two days in case you want anything changed or provide feedback. Though make sure to do it within a week as I have to meet my deadline."

"I've seen a bear with wings once though!" Anika claims, but her eagerness to discuss the topic seem to drain from her face once she hears about this bird. "Oh no... Um, Asher, just stay close to me, okay? That bird is very bad and we gotta deal with it." She gestures for Asher to come and then starts following Lapis.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-03-25 at 05:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

[The Clinic]

Wenomir shrugs.

"Can't hurt, I suppose."

The tests can presumably commence from that point.

[Ilphfirmary]

Wenomir looks to the real Ilpholin briefly. This doesn't sound like anything she told Cessie had happened to her. Did the demons or AMEN just take someone else and brainwash them? But the traumatic memories still resurfaced? This is very far from anything he's familiar with.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ilphfirmary]

Adir is just mostly concerned with getting NotIlphy back up and in her bed. It's not good for her to be on the floor. He lets her finish retching before approaching with his hands out. "Hey, it's not good for you to be up right now. Come on." If she looks concerned, he'll add, "I'm not gonna hurt you."

If he can, the stag will help her back into her bed. He looks at her with genuine concern, glancing over at the real Ilpholin with an expression like he's seen a ghost. Then he asks, "Do you know your name?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilphfirmary]

Ilpholin just shakes her head from behind the partition at Wenomir and Adir. Fighting on rooftops is certainly something she would do, but it never came up. She certainly doesn't remember it. What's this double's evil agenda?
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-24 at 10:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #239

[Off the Path]

"O-okay," Awen says.
    She nods, and holds her hand out to be measured. Mia can hold onto that glove, because Awen doesn't really need it right now.

"I'll be back later, then," she says.
    In a week? Okay. She mentally schedules that out.

[Training Grounds]

The fox is in bliss, being pampered like that.

"...yeah." Being recognized is rewarding. If only Awen felt like she deserved that recognition.

She thinks, and runs her hand through her hair. Is killing people justified if it stops them from hurting people later? "I-I think there's certain situations where it's okay to kill someone," she says, measuring her response, "but only in very specific situations. Like..." Thinking back on her own experience where her teammates were killed, she says, "...like, only if there's no other choice and they're going to kill someone right now and it's the only way to stop them." And she, of course, doesn't know the figure skater's situation, so she can't comment on whether it was overboard or not. "I think that's the only time it'd be okay."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Hmm..." Svetlana ponders Awen's words. "It sounds like there's a story there, Awen-chan. Have you ever lost - or almost lost - anyone, or been in such a situation?"

She pauses in case Awen does want to talk about it, while still pampering Rey, before continuing, her fox ears perking up. "I believe there are other times it's okay. The man who did this to me was part of a small terrorist gang. In my time in the Nexus, my enemies have been the worst of the worst: slavery rings, hitmen, terrorists, organized criminals, gangsters, AMENites and the like. Those tend to thrive on destroying the dreams of others, and as I have said, that is my main goal in dealing violently with crime. I wouldn't kill a pickpocket or a petty thief, I would just let those know how their actions affect the dreams of others. Perhaps while giving them a beat-down to remember. The knowledge that your lifespan could be cut short on continuing to do crime can be a powerful motivator for some to straighten their path in life."

Svetlana pauses to think. Well, there was that one time. "Hmm... Holly-san - that is, the elf I spoke of - witnessed me gunning down a pickpocket in Trog's. To anyone not in the know, it'd look like I just killed a random pickpocket, but he was part of an organized crime group I've been tracking, rich enough from his ill-gotten gains, yet he tried to pick the pocket of a salaryman. I saw red, and put a hole in his chest. People like that prey on the weak, taking no thought to how their evil harms others." Perhaps she should have told Holly that, but at the time she was more interested in showing incredulity at the thought that killing that monster was 'overboard'.

Then she turns to Rey, continuing to pet, stroke and pamper him. "But as long as I am here, you can count on me to watch your back. Yours too, Awen-chan." She says the last part a bit teasingly, for she's aware she's paying far more attention to Rey than to Awen.
    Love is the message.