New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[Airship Gantry]

A stranger steps off a skyskiff with sandled feet. He's tall, and the presence he exudes only amplifies that even though he doesn't tower. One of his most eyecatching features is the angular sweep of his chin, which cuts directly across your field of vision like the horizon whenever he turns to look you in the eye with his dark brown, intense gaze. His face is ruggedly distracting, from the dimpled chin to his perpetual growth of brown stubble. His hair sweeps forward over his wrinkled brow, slight bangs hiding the worry from his face. His teeth clench with an audible creak anytime he forces a smile. It sounds like he could crush a coconut with the pressure that jaw exerts.

The rest of his form is somehow just as impressively masculine as his face. A neck knotted with muscles that would make it as thick as his head were it not for his jaw. Pectorals covered in a mat of short, thick hair and arms used to lifting whole trees up onto the broad expanse of his shoulders. A search for abdominal muscles past his half open white gi would be fruitless, because visible abs are a sign of a vain being who commits to exercise merely for the sport of it, and not of necessity. Instead, just above the royal purple belt around his waist, a strong flat stomach leads down into legs that are strong enough to support this exemplar of ruggedness and the burdens he carries.

If Paul Bunyan, Bruce Campbell, and Gaston were mixed into a blender and used to make a monster wrestling clone-child, this man would likely be taken for his smaller, more handsome twin.

The man takes several serene, calculated moments to observe his surroundings. When he does move again, it is with purpose, the conviction in each heavy step as he makes his way deeper into the island's interior in the direction of the Command Center.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-28 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

[The Clinic]

The blood Mr. C draws from Wenomir will show that he is indeed his boring human self and not a skinwalker.

[Airship Gantry]

The very large man will be stopped by a person who is likewise on the larger side. A large Charr with beige fur and straight horns, who will be considered fairly small and thin among his people... but only among them. He's wearing a long leather coat and there's a scoped rifle on his back.

"Welcome to Vigil," he says. "How may we help you?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Clinic]

Mr. C will be there having a hugh clipboard in his paw. Strange how he can hold something several times his own size, but well happens. He switches through the pages with "Aha, Hmm, Oh, ..." those typical sounds you really don't want to hear while waiting for a result. He then turns to the Commander.

"The tests results are negative, which means you are no Skinwalker." Hurray. *Party sound* "Other then that you should try eating some oranges. Your Vitamin C is a bit low. Not unhealthy low, but better safe then sorry."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphirmary

"Ilphy" doesn't look concerned. Instead she looks angry as Adir tries to help her up. Her eyes flash pink and she tries to use her power to keep Adir's hands back, attempting to snatch them out of the air with her power and shove them aside as she gets to her own feet. "Do. NOT. Touch. Me." She growls before staggering a bit against the hospital bed, dizzy as her power slips and backfires a bit. "What the **** is happening to me?" She asks quietly to no one in particular. "None of this is right. None of it feels right...I was...I was...I was home. I was home and now...now..."She grits her teeth, trying to force herself to make sense of any of this, but it was clear that this was having a toll upon her body and psyche as pink energy crackles and flares along her regenerating arms.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

The man pauses in his journey and without the surprise or wonderment that would be found on a Nexusian non-native, gives a bow to the Charr, hands held together in front of him, muscles coiling and flexing from even this simple task.

"I came to join Vigil's ranks," He replies simply enough as he straightens back to full height.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #246

[Training Grounds]

"Y-yes," she says. She looks down at the ground. "I have lost people." She doesn't go into the details, though.

It seems they disagree on certain aspects of criminal justice, like under which circumstances what measures are acceptable. For example, based solely on Svetlana's description of killing that pickpocket, she feels like it was unjustified according to Awen's own view on when it would be acceptable. However, she doesn't know the whole situation and probably would have had to be there to know the full situation.

But it's okay, the fox likes the attention much more than Awen does.
    "Okay. Thanks."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Svetlana senses that Awen doesn't want to talk further about it, so she doesn't push the issue further. Compassion flashes in her eyes, however, and she nods in understanding. "Gomen nasai. I'm sorry for your loss, Awen-chan." She looks like she'd place a hand on the witch's shoulder were her hands not full of contented fox.

She continues pampering the fox until he's so pampered he falls asleep in bliss, and then gently places him beside Awen after one last kiss to the snout. "Alright, I must continue with my practice. Enjoy your training, and I will see you later."

With that, she walks back to where she was before, and resumes her ballet dancing moves.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-30 at 02:45 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

The Charr nods and his tail swishes back and forth.

"Excellent. My name is Matlekrin, one of the members here. Can you tell me your name, experience and skills?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

"My name is Jedrek. I have spent many years studying myself and a modified form of Karate, though I have yet to perfect either. One reason most certainly is a lack of proper field experience. I cannot offer any tales of my feats, only my service, sir Matlekrin." Jedrik maintains a calculated stillness as he speaks to the Charr, seeming more like a statue than a person were he not talking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

"Karate?" The Charr rubs his chin. "I think I know who to ask to evaluate such skills. Follow me." Matlekrin leads Jedrek upwards through the island's interior to the surface. He inquires people after someone named Calm Reed. They will eventually be pointed to a muscular bald woman in a simple robe, meditating by the lake. "Calm Reed? This man, Jedrek, came here to join and it seems like his skills are your area of expertise."

"Is that so?" The woman asks, standing up. "My name is Calm Reed, monk of the Immaculate Order. Are you a martial artist, then?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

[Commanders' Village]

"I talked to one of their senior officers, a Dena Xifhara. They can't confirm the identity of the person who hired them but whoever it was knew about the skinwalkers long before most of us did. In fact, that information was the only reason we even were in Inside in the first place. MERC had a couple of people clear out a number of skinwalkers and also took out a ritual performed underneath the town. It seemed like it was connected to the skinwalkers somehow but I'm not sure how. It seems like a lot was taking place at the same time that day." Cessie explains to Ithuriel.

"Sounds like a mystery to me. We should investigate!" She turns to the angel. "Since you're like a detective right, Ithuriel?"
    [Commanders' Village]

"Oh, what? Um, no, not exactly." She replies, a little surprised by Anika's enthusiasm. Nothing gets her down for long, does it? "My partner's the detective, I'm just his big dumb muscle." She winces at her own words. That was the dumb thing she said around him. Here, it feels excessively self-deprecating. "Just typical cop stuff, you know. But in all seriousness, he's really good at figuring stuff out. I don't know if I'd want to pull him into any investigation though. It'd have to be off the clock, and it's risky work."

Focus, Ithuriel. Focus.

"You're right though, Commander." She nods to Cessie. "Definitely worth following up with MERC to see if we can figure out who their contact was. But for now, we all need to get tested. And then-" She grins at Anika and Blanche, "I believe I promised you two a drink."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

Jedrek follows Matlekrin up to the lake, thanking him along the way before stopping before Calm Reed and repeating his bow to her. "That is correct. My primary focus has been in karate. I apologize for interrupting your meditation."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #253

[Ilphfirmary]

Anika's eyes widens as the false Ilpholin suddenly growls. Wow!
    She attempts to move in-between Adir and the mysterious lookalike.
    "Hey, okay. You're upset. But we're as confused as you are as you look exactly like the lady over there." Anika gestures at Ilpholin. "So if you let us analyze your, uh, blood, essence or whatever, then maybe we can figure out what has happened to you. Maybe we could even undo it."

[Commanders' Village]

"Oh, with the hat and everything?" Anika holds up her hands just above her head as if she was adjusting an invisible hat. "That's cool. I'm pretty good at detective stuff myself you know." As Anika nods to herself the comment she just made causes Cessie raise an eyebrow. Detective was not exactly the word she associated with Anika.

"...yes, and if you do find out anything I'd be ever grateful if you shared your findings with us, miss Von Holstav." She returns Ithuriel's nod. "But it seems like we're done here for now then. However, I'd advise you to stay until we can-"

"We're clear. Don't worry about it miss C. Wenomir can confirm I'm not a creeper." She grins and waggles her eyebrows at the warrior before turning to Ithuriel. "Yeah, and I know just the bar for it!" Anika opens the door for the angel and Blanche as Cessie pinches the bridge of her nose tiredly.

Of course, outside is a to Blanche all-too-familiar gargoyle waiting. Giving all three of them a disapproving stare.

Initiation

"It's decided then. But you only have to be there for the introduction to join though. If it's nothing for you, we'll just leave it at that." The sorceress promises. "But I hope that you will be able to learn something at least." She makes a dissmissive gesture. "But now you're free to leave. Meeting over."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-03-31 at 07:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

[Airship Gantry] => [Lake]

"I can finish my meditation later," Calm Reed assures him. "I am unfamiliar with this particular style, but I will give you an opportunity to demonstrate, if you will follow me to the training grounds."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-03-31 at 12:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake -> Training Grounds]

Jedrek is mildly surprised. "You are not? I was under the impression it was a popular style. Well I'll be happy to show you what I can." The six foot, ten inches tall mountain of muscular masculinity will follow Calm Reed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Bird-chasing and Bear-talk]

Lapis still has her front hooves braced against the tree, glaring off in the direction the bird flew in.

Flying away...

Flying away-!

And then it's gone.

Not hiding. Not teleporting. Not even flying off like a normal wholesome bird.

Just gone.

The bird has done this before and it is always weird. A thought occurring to the little seraph, Lapis jaunts off perpendicular to reality briefly to see if maybe the bird drifted? She's pretty sure that it didn't. But she'll check anyway. If it can do that then... well. She isn't sure what that would mean. It sure isn't anything like her or mom or any of the other empyreans. Maybe it's some sort of wildlife from the Elysium Fields that got into the physical world somehow? Is that a thing that happens? She really doesn't know.

She'll glance around from her perch outside space for a few moments before popping back into reality fairly close to where she started.

"The bird went away,"
    Lapis reports as the others get closer. "It does that sometimes where it just disappears to nowhere. It'll probably come back when it thinks I'm not looking."

It's just the worst bird.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

[Ilphfirmary]

"Something is very wrong with her," Wenomir says quietly to the real Ilpholin. "Maybe she's a clone, or... something." He then says, more loudly, to the "fake" Ilpholin and Mia: "Yes, if you let Mia take some of your blood, we can learn what was done to you and try to fix it."

[The Clinic]

Wenomir nods.

"I better get going, then. I'll send everyone through here to be checked."

[Training Grounds]

"It may be on other worlds, but not on mine. There are many of them, more than one with its own martial arts." She takes up a position in a sparring ring and raises her arms. She assumes a loose, ready stance with her arms half-raised diagonally and her feet spaced apart. "This will be light sparring, but do not hold back too much. We will break once one of us has hit the other thrice in the torso, head or neck."

[Cessie's Office]

Wenomir shrugs.

"If it's necessary to speak in private, go ahead."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-04-01 at 01:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Very well," Jedrek says. He takes a moment to put on padded gloves and replacing his sandals with sparring boots before stepping into the ring. There he takes a similar pose to Calm Reed, one foot forward the other. He begins to bounce in place as well: many small, surprisingly light movements, keeping him limber and keeping him poised for mobility.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed will launch an attack at Jedrek without further commentary. She will assail him with quick, flowing jabs and punches that push him back and seek out weak points in his defence. She's clearly holding back, though. She wants him to go on the offensive and show her what he can do.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Bird Chasing

The hoopoe is not hiding perpendicular to reality in the space Lapis visits whilst she's Drifting. It may have delved into another form of extradimensional space- a portal, for example, or it may have figured out how to hop through time. Maybe it just... stops existing, when it's unobserved?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphirmary

The soothing speech finally seems to get through to the woman, and after a moment the pink energy fades as she leans against her hospital bed. She closes her eyes for a couple moments before nodding when her breathing is slowed and her body calmed. "Do it. Just don't ask me what I remember anymore. It felt like my mind was coming apart at the seams." She says, weary. "And for what it is worth coming from me, I'm sorry Adir." She adds, not quite sure on why she felt so apologetic looking at the stag, but feeling as if it were a necessity.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    [Meeting Anika and Also Chasing Birds]

"I've seen a bear with wings once though!" Anika claims, but her eagerness to discuss the topic seem to drain from her face once she hears about this bird. "Oh no... Um, Asher, just stay close to me, okay? That bird is very bad and we gotta deal with it." She gestures for Asher to come and then starts following Lapis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Lapis still has her front hooves braced against the tree, glaring off in the direction the bird flew in.

Flying away...

Flying away-!

And then it's gone.

Not hiding. Not teleporting. Not even flying off like a normal wholesome bird.

Just gone.

The bird has done this before and it is always weird. A thought occurring to the little seraph, Lapis jaunts off perpendicular to reality briefly to see if maybe the bird drifted? She's pretty sure that it didn't. But she'll check anyway. If it can do that then... well. She isn't sure what that would mean. It sure isn't anything like her or mom or any of the other empyreans. Maybe it's some sort of wildlife from the Elysium Fields that got into the physical world somehow? Is that a thing that happens? She really doesn't know.

She'll glance around from her perch outside space for a few moments before popping back into reality fairly close to where she started.

"The bird went away,"
    Lapis reports as the others get closer. "It does that sometimes where it just disappears to nowhere. It'll probably come back when it thinks I'm not looking."

It's just the worst bird.

Asher nods and follows the other angel along with Anika, making sure to follow the bird with his senses, both in this reality and those close/perpendicular to it, hoping to see where the bird went. Thus, he can keep watch on Lapis even as she moves her whole body to a perpendicular reality to check. Of course, she has as much luck as he does, for they come up with nothing.

"I scanned places linked to this reality and also found nothing, not even in that place the Nexus calls the 'fourth wall'. Wow, another angel thing we have in common!" Asher exclaims, wishing to return Lapis back to her usual excited state. "Maybe it doesn't like when it's being looked at. Let's not let that weird bird ruin our fun, little sis!" He says, placing a caring hand on Lapis. "Like Anika, she was going to show us her bear form!"

Yes, let's shift the topic back to bears! At the back of his mind, however, is the weird bird. He'll have to think about it and keep his eye on it... but that's for later! Right now is play time, and no weird birds are going to get in the way of playtime.

"Ah, Anika... is it okay for you to be out in your underwear?" He asks the night elf, for modesty's sake. Of course, if she's going to be turning into a bear, she likely doesn't need clothes.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #263

"Darn that bird!" Anika agrees as she shakes her fist at the heavens. "Don't worry though, Lapis. You'll get it eventually."
    Then she turns her attention back to Asher even if she had no idea what he was talking about. Why would the fourth wall be more important than the other three walls of the barrack?
    But she isn't going to question it, especially when he points out that she's still in her underwear. "Oh, that's no big deal. Dealing with dangerous birds is far more important." She nods in Lapis direction. "Anyway, bears don't wear anything you know and no one is complaining about that are they?"

Then with a grin she it showered in green light and emerges as a huge bear.

Ilphirmary

Anika turns to the others. "Alright dudes! You heard the lady! Do your tests!"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

[ELVES!!!]

"Sweet! Dude sounds awesome! I mean, even if it all wasn't true I bet he told it better than the people who actually might've done it. You should follow the tradition and steal some of his stories." With that Anika winks back. "But have it lived up to expectations so far? The first few months are always the hardest. I had to kill so many animals back then that I don't think anyone would believe I was a druid afterward. All for just a couple of coppers and silvers."

[ELVES!!!]

"Oh, it was rough at first, I suppose," says Rain, giggling. "I'd never been so far from home before, and I missed my bed, the fire, and my mother's ale... Spending rainy nights underneath a hedge isn't exactly the glamorous life of an adventurer I was led to believe, you know? Once I saw my first city, though... I knew I wanted to keep going."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Important Briefing]

"I will definitely be going there." Wenomir's voice is firm, but also quiet and calm. "I need to see it through. I'm not sure who else. Reinholdt might want to come. He should be pretty good at breaching security, at least. Do you need some time to decide if you want to come along as well? If not, one of our magic-users can do it if you give them directions."
    [Important Briefing]

"I don't know 'magic' so I won't be of any help in that area I'm afraid." Cessie seems somewhat reluctant to admit. "But Cassandra, you will be the ultimate judge in whose to come as it's your memories. Do you trust Reinholdt enough to bring him with us?"
    [Important Briefing]

"Reinholdt... I don't believe I know who that is," says Cass, looking between Cessie and Wenomir blandly. "But in my line of work, trusting anyone is a risk - and you sound like you already have doubts about this guy. You should probably bring one of your subordinates to watch your back, Commander."

She pulls her arms across in front of her, drumming her fingers on her left bracer.

"I... suppose I should come along, as well. What little familiarity I have with the place might be the difference between success and failure. Compared to someone who only has a description."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-04-06 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

25. - Top - End - #265

Ilphirmary

Mia will then do so, thought I assume she already got some blood befor to get data for a transfusion after all the arms have been cut of and it's totally normal to bleed in that process. Mia will also put some meds on a table.

"Those are for your body. You seem like you still aren't in the best shape so they will supply your body with all it needs, even a bit extra since you appear to regrow limbs."

The blood testing will likly go as normal. Using tools to get the composition of her blood as well as divine powers.

[The Clinic]

Mr. C will nod and then shout "NEXT!"

Thought the following testings can be done ooc unless any PC or NPC tries to avoid the tes for obviouse reasons.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #266

[ELVES!!!]

"Ha, I know that feeling. I came from a one-druid village to see all the capitals. It can be pretty overwhelming, but also so cool." Anika grins widely and gestures around the tavern. "But look at us now. We've both made it to the big leagues. No more starving for us!"

[Important Briefing]

"Reinholdt is a kind of cat-fey if I understand it correctly. He's been around for a long time but was far more active before I came to the nexus so I don't know him as well as Wenomir or Magtok. Therefore, I can't tell you what KR's relationship with him was but she most certainly knew about him." The sorceress attempts to explain but let's Wenomir fill in the rest. Giving him a look as if to nudge him to take charge of the situation. He probably don't need it but with his experience with Rein and KR he should probably be the one that handles this situation.

Cessie's Office

Cessie gives Blanche a concerned look. "Are you sure that's okay with you, Blanche? You could have the discussion right here with us around. I won't comment on anything unless I have to."

Anika raises her eyebrow, actually pausing to see what the catgirl has to say as she suddenly seemed so hesitant.
    Krakarow has no such hesitation though. "You don't have to have a speaking role if you don't want to. All you need to do is be in front of the camera and do some cool action moves."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-04-06 at 05:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267

Cessie’s Office

Oddly, Blanche almost seems to bristle are the suggestion, shaking her head. ”No- I mean, er, yes. I can do this.” This wasn’t entirely the truth. She’s not entirely comfortable, and her body language betrays it, but she also knows she signed that contract. This is a burden she gave herself, so she’s gotta see it through. ”Besides, Anika’s got my back, right?”
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

[Important Briefing]

Wenomir studies Cass intently. He's not sure how truthful she is about not knowing who Reinholdt is. Maybe she just prefers to keep it buried, as something that was Kr's conflict to deal with. If so, he's not going to demand that she don't do it. He'd prefer not to deal with Reinholdt himself, and yet here he is.

"That's something of a long story. He used to be a talking cat, then he became something else. He has tried to end the world on some occasions and was our enemy. I tried to kill him myself at least once. I think cloning was involved at some point, which always makes things confusing. I wouldn't say I trust him, but he wants those souls for personal reasons." He shrugs. "So I don't expect him to try to double-cross us, but bringing someone else along won't hurt. If I'm going, you're going and he's going, maybe one other person?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Calm Reed will launch an attack at Jedrek without further commentary. She will assail him with quick, flowing jabs and punches that push him back and seek out weak points in his defence. She's clearly holding back, though. She wants him to go on the offensive and show her what he can do.
    [Training Grounds]

Each swing is met with his arm cutting across, catching her strikes with his forearm as it twists and deflects the energy to one side or another, sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes even up. During this he does indeed back away, but never straight back. Instead they're constantly moving in a circle decided upon with the direction her first swing approached from, always backing up, but never yielding ground.

Jedrek takes his time defending first, patiently waiting an opening while guarding his own and learning his opponent's style. At least, the style she's momentarily utilizing. But when he does strike it is swift and sudden, as he suddenly twists to the outside of a swing towards his midsection, catching her attack as normal with his closer forearm while using the hand further back to punch towards her exposed midsection from the direction of her outstretched arm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Ilphirmary

"Ilphy" doesn't look concerned. Instead she looks angry as Adir tries to help her up. Her eyes flash pink and she tries to use her power to keep Adir's hands back, attempting to snatch them out of the air with her power and shove them aside as she gets to her own feet. "Do. NOT. Touch. Me." She growls before staggering a bit against the hospital bed, dizzy as her power slips and backfires a bit. "What the **** is happening to me?" She asks quietly to no one in particular. "None of this is right. None of it feels right...I was...I was...I was home. I was home and now...now..."She grits her teeth, trying to force herself to make sense of any of this, but it was clear that this was having a toll upon her body and psyche as pink energy crackles and flares along her regenerating arms.
    [Ilphfirmary]

Anika's eyes widens as the false Ilpholin suddenly growls. Wow!
    She attempts to move in-between Adir and the mysterious lookalike.
    "Hey, okay. You're upset. But we're as confused as you are as you look exactly like the lady over there." Anika gestures at Ilpholin. "So if you let us analyze your, uh, blood, essence or whatever, then maybe we can figure out what has happened to you. Maybe we could even undo it."
    [Ilphfirmary]

"Something is very wrong with her," Wenomir says quietly to the real Ilpholin. "Maybe she's a clone, or... something." He then says, more loudly, to the "fake" Ilpholin and Mia: "Yes, if you let Mia take some of your blood, we can learn what was done to you and try to fix it."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Ilphirmary

The soothing speech finally seems to get through to the woman, and after a moment the pink energy fades as she leans against her hospital bed. She closes her eyes for a couple moments before nodding when her breathing is slowed and her body calmed. "Do it. Just don't ask me what I remember anymore. It felt like my mind was coming apart at the seams." She says, weary. "And for what it is worth coming from me, I'm sorry Adir." She adds, not quite sure on why she felt so apologetic looking at the stag, but feeling as if it were a necessity.
    Ilphirmary

Anika turns to the others. "Alright dudes! You heard the lady! Do your tests!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Ilphirmary

Mia will then do so, thought I assume she already got some blood before to get data for a transfusion after all the arms have been cut of and it's totally normal to bleed in that process. Mia will also put some meds on a table.

"Those are for your body. You seem like you still aren't in the best shape so they will supply your body with all it needs, even a bit extra since you appear to regrow limbs."

The blood testing will likely go as normal. Using tools to get the composition of her blood as well as divine powers.

[Ilphirmary]

"Or nothing wrong's with her and she's pulling the wool over your eyes so you don't learn anything." Ilpholin hisses back at Wenomir, perhaps too loudly as she gets riled by Ilphy apologizing to Adir. She takes a breath though. A blood test wasn't a terrible idea at any rate. It would be wise to dissect her to understand exactly what the demons did to pull this off and maybe extrapolate if they made more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #270
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ilphirmary]

It's a good thing Anika moves up, because Adir is pretty close to reacting badly when his hands get dragged around. He's a bit on edge right now. Not on the best terms with the real Ilphy, still wound up from the fight at AMEN, and now dealing with her semi-sane double is taking its toll. He lets out a breath through his nose.

"Yeah. What the big lady said. And you don't owe me an apology, or anything at all. We're just trying to find out what's going on here. And why you look so much like my friend." He doesn't glance at the real Ilphy when he says this, but he feels her there.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters