New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Feb. 1, 2019 The Howlitzer, 6 pm

If you arrived corporeally, when you arrived at the bar you saw a handful of motorcycles and cars or trucks parked outside. A sign notes the bar is closed for a private party tonight, and a six-foot muscular man with a shaved head stands guard at the door. He is Roman, a Soldier of the Sword and one of the wardens of the Tether.

Once entering the bar, or if you arrived celestially directly from heaven, you see an unusual assortment of people. Behind the bar stands a slightly-portly grizzly man in his 50s or so: Jeremiah Howser, or Jerechial, Seneschal of the Tether to the Sword.

At one table sits a cliché professor-type: not quite tall but a bit gangly, wearing a tweed jacket, but with kind bespectacled eyes. Professor Alan Henderson, also known as Origenus, Elohite and Seneschal of Destiny. Beside him sits a pretty college girl with curly brown hair, the mysterious Ofanite of Redemption with the mortal name of Mary Sherlock.

At another table stands Vincent Fiel, aka Valufiel, Malakim of Animals. He is a tall and athletic man wearing park ranger garb and looking somewhat uncomfortable at the urban setting. A potted plant – a beautiful orange flower – stands out on display on the table he is on. Anyone paying close attention can tell he’s talking to it at times. Could it be host to Daisy, kyriotate of Flowers? Vincent is focusing mostly on the football game showing on one of the TV screens.

At the bar are seated three individuals, each nursing a beer. First is a rather non-descript man in camo pants and shirt, presumably a member of the survivalist camp and a current host for Gaspariel, kyriotate of Stone. Second is a Latino woman wearing similar garb; her figure is mostly hidden by the camo clothes and her hair done in a utilitarian ponytail, but it’s obvious that she’s naturally gorgeous. Medim, or Lucia Smith, Mecurian of Stone.
    Third, seated a little bit off and mostly talking to Jerechial, is an obviously under-aged youth with a young face and mop of blonde hair, not quite tall but looking like he’ll be fairly tall and broad of shoulder once he’s done with puberty. Ramiel, Cherub of War and local high-schooler.

Jerechial would have told you that the Triad of Judgement is in one of the back rooms, ready to conduct their interviews as the new-comers to the town are ready. But tonight is as much for all of you to meet each other and meet the angels of the city as much as it is for Judgement to go through their supposed requirements. It is obvious that while Jerechial is welcoming to new angels in the city to help with the situation, he’s annoyed at Adewale for being a prick about the interrogations.

A tall gangly man with a day’s worth of beard scuff and a tattered green trenchcoat stands at a pinball machine, doing a poor attempt at the game and muttering to himself about the strangeness of its rules. Likely Andreson, Seraph of Revelation.

---

When it is your turn to go for an interview, Adewale greets you with a handshake – no doubt activating his Resonance as he does so – and gets to the questions with a business-like, only slightly condescending attitude. Rezzial and Fortisimos both look more respectful to the new-comer angels.

Spoiler: UselessBob
    Show

You are greeted with more respect than the others. Adewale sincerely mentions that it is a true requirement and simply being fair that a fellow Servitor of Judgement is being assessed.

Also, you see large drops of blood on Fortisimos’ face. Ramiel has a couple small droplets, but none of the other angels feel guilty about anything.

Spoiler: JoyWonderKind
    Show

There is some obvious hostility from Adewale, and an air of distrust from Rezzial, as they question you. But nothing too overt or unexpected: Judgement is not fond of Redemption, and the feeling is mutual.

Spoiler: To All
    Show

Feel free to converse amongst each other or with the other angels in town. As the players finalize their characters, I figured this would be a fun change to RP.

Also, don’t worry too much about timing. If you want to start two or three scenes talking with different folk, feel free. And no need to repeat your interview here unless you want to add something.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-01-06 at 09:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Inian arrives at the bar comfortably on time, pulling in besides the other cars in his own rather beaten up one. Once he parks, he goes inside and, after a moment looking around the room, heads over to the table the Professor and Mary Sherlock are sitting at. "Apologies for bothering you, but are these seats taken?" he asks.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Manakel arrives precisely at 6 o'clock in a department-issued Dodge Challenger. Upon entering the establishment and scanning the area, he homed in on Ramiel and Jerechial as they were in the process of violating the law. He flashed his badge and addressed the bartender first. "Seneschal Jerechial, as an officer pf the law, it is my duty to inform you that you are committing a crime by serving and allowing a minor to consume alcohol on your premises." He then faced Ramiel with his dispassionate but focused stare and told him with his equally neutral voice to "relinquish your beverage."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC Note to All: I sent each of you a PM with orders from your Superior. If you did not receive it, let me know.

Inian

The professor gives a friendly chuckle and says, "Not at all, young man. The purpose of tonight is for us to get to know each other, yes? I imagine you were told of us by your Superior, but I'm afraid I don't know your name. I am Origenius, Elohite of Destiny. Strange winds are in the city of late. I am... well, 'curious' does not quit fit my Choir, but interested to see how you and the others will shape the destiny of this fair city."

Mary simply says, in a friendly tone, "Mary Sherlock, Ofanite of Redemption". Now that you are closer, you can see a bubbly energy to her movements, as if she's wanting to walk around the room or move from chair to chair. Nothing unusual for an ofanite, the choir of motion, nor anything foreign to Inian.

Manakel

Jerechial gives a wave and smile as the officer walks up to the bar, but it quickly fades into an annoyed scrowl at Manakel's words. Ramiel, for his part, simply looks shocked and nervous, and pushes the drink about an arm's reach away from himself.

"Manakel," Jerechial says with strained patience, "I was told of your Role, and between that and your Word I'm not too surprised at this, but we're among our own kind here. Malcolm's young, yeah, but Ramiel's over fifty, and if he wants a beer at a private event at my Tether, with no mortal observers, then it's okay."

Ramiel sits unmoving, not wanting to get between the Seneschal and whoever this newcomer is. The recently-a-reliever is obviously uncertain of his standing. There's a snicker of suppressed laughter from the Mecurian of Stone, though the kyriotate isn't responding.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Thump. Thump. Thump.

A figure of medium height and build, wearing a long grey cloak and hood, steps into view from the shadows of an interior hallway. Pausing, it regards the main room of the bar, the shadowed hood turning to observe the many and varied presences therein. It nods silently to the room at large, then heads in the direction of the back room that holds the Judgment triad. Its footsteps resound more solidly than one would expect from its size. Once near the area, it waits, standing a short distance away.

Around the same time, a small bird flies down from the rafters of the main room, alighting on a table near an impressively fit man wearing the uniform of a park ranger. The robin lands next to a potted plant holding a lovely orange flower, turns its tiny head quizzically, then chirps in lyrical and clearly understandable words, "Hi! Is this the nature table? I'm Melektas of Stone."

A second robin flutters over to the couple at the bar wearing camo clothes, coming to a landing on the counter near the softly snickering woman. "Hi," it announces. "Melektas, Kyriotate of Stone. Looks like you don't get many robins here." The bird taps the counter top with one claw. "At these prices, I'm not surprised."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Manakel looked unflinchingly back at the angel who technically outranked him. "Correct. That is why I am not going to report this infraction. I am merely warning you that we are among humans, and we must abide by their laws. We must all avoid making a habit of flouting them, lest we slip up and attract the attention of mortal authorities or the forces of Hell."

He turned back to the nervous Cherub. "Let this be a reminder to you. Among the humans, our Roles define our interactions with one another. Were this bar filled with normal patrons, it would be expected for me to bring you down to the station and call your Vessel's parents or guardian. Get into the habit of memorizing how you and your fellow field agents' Roles are expected to interact. It takes a while to learn, but it's crucial for working in the Corporeal world."

Manakel then sat down at the bar, apparently oblivious to any awkwardness he had just undoubtedly caused, and whipped out a ten dollar bill. "Martini, no olive" he ordered.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sal left the TV van at work, and arrived in his little car, a bit early. He grabs a window seat with a good view inside and out, and most of his attention is on watching the humans go by outside. Occasionally he remembers to sip his glass of water.

8. - Top - End - #8

Inian smiles in greeting and sits down in the chair in front of him. "We were told a little about everyone here, Though not much besides names. Which is actually why I came to talk to you. I confess to not being the brightest bulb in the box, so I was hoping to get some advice. Do you know if anyone here has, ah, less than charitable views of my choir? Just to avoid starting this day off on the wrong foot."

He crosses one leg over the other, jiggling a foot with nervous energy. "Oh, but where are my manners? I am Inian, Ofanim of War. My Vessel goes by Adrian Cueto, and you're more than welcome to call me that too."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Only a few trickled off the bus stop, most of them trudged, but only one bounced off at last. An irrepressible air of excitement surrounded the young woman, the newly bought jeans and black sweater plastered in bold white with SVU across the front making it appear she had gotten off at least half an hour too early. Her phone's Pentagram map app served directions innocently, yet the angel eye view of the world rarely was equal to seeing it all on the same level as the mundane people that walked the Earth.

I've got a feelin',” insisted Will I Am through her cheap headphones under a shock of dyed and styled red hair. “That tonight's gonna be a good night.

The unfamiliar street was lined with stores, hazel eyes taking in that more than half were boarded up or broken into. Street lights stood a little too far apart from one another, and gave too dim a pale light as the sun threatened to set. Despite feeling eyes on her, she didn't immediately see who. Wonder why this part never made it into the brochure, the thought hit sardonically. She quietly hoped a mix of Marc's and Michael's own would be at the meeting tonight. Sure steps took the cracked side walk faster than the norm as she turned left, crossed the narrow road far from the crossing.

The music continued, and as aware as she was that the Howitzer was a dive bar, that the car park had every kind of worn vehicle and even the odd motorcycle, she let go a breath she didn't realise she had been holding since getting off the bus. Excitement started to bubble back up inside her and she found herself grinning. No amount of course work she had to catch up on, not screwing up her budget, or getting back to Star Valley University safely, would dampen her spirits tonight.

All too aware she would be meeting everyone that was anyone in the Star Valley area here, she willed her pink lip stick and blush to stay even and in place, and strolled over to the wall of muscle guarding the door.

Hey! Roman, right? Great to meet you. It was so obvious Laurence would only have the finest protecting us. I'm Carol Sinclaire.” A light flush of freckles looked benignly and patiently up at the bouncer while he considered the name, despite her inwardly cringing that it often meant nothing to most people. “Y'know, it's well known upstairs that only the most loyal and helpful serve locations like this, and our host definitely deserves the best behaved guests. How much can you tell me about the people in charge here? Things to avoid mentioning, or worth raising?

Spoiler: Jeen, the Fastest of Talking
    Show

Fast Talk Roman. Grasping for any info on the angels inside Roman might know. Ideally, info on befriending the Seneschals, because too much ambition, but whatever Roman might offer.

Target Number 18.
    TN:
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[3]

Check Digit: (1d6+6)[12]

Spoiler: Resonance on Adewale During Interview
    Show

Mercurian Resonance / Perception.

Target Number 8.
    TN:
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[3]

Check Digit: (1d6+2)[7]
    Because of the handshake, +2 to resonance CD.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-01-05 at 09:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

In general, it does look like Jerechial plans on talking to everybody eventually, but he's glad to let people mingle for now.

Melektas, Stone

The interview goes fairly smoothly for the Kyriotate stone maiden. Rezzial gives a nod of approval at the idea of sparring at some time. Adewale frowns somewhat at the surprising answer to the last question, when she calls into question Judgement's attitude towards God's supposed abandonment of angels.

"Ahem," he starts, somewhat pompous, "the general concensus is that we angels have failed in some way and, as punishment, God has banished us from the Higher Heavens and limited direct communication to us. Of course, He can intervene as needed: we see His touch occassionally, and there is His Holy Spirit and Son guiding the Catholic Church. And, I admit, times such as the acquital of Michael. My hope is that this is apt punishment for our failures and that, once Heaven has triumped and the Liar been destroyed, we will again experience Him directly."

---

The ranger gives a faint smile. "Greetings. Valufiel, Malakite of Animals." The flower slowly turns towards the robin and emits a whispery breathe: "You may call me Daisy, if you need to speak in the human tongue. Kyriotate Seneschal of the Tether to Flowers. Is this your vessel or are you of the same Choir as me?"

---

The two wearing camo gear give Melektas a smile, firm from the man but wide and dazzling from the woman. She talks first. "I heard David had sent some new Servitors to town. Welcome. I'm Medim, or Lucia in this body. Quiet guy is Gaspariel, same Choir as you. Me and his host are getting some supplies for the commune while here for this meeting."

Leaning in, she whispers, "It's not really a secret, but I'm sure you've heard of the ley lines of this city. Normally they don't mean much, but Gaspariel and I are in charge of watchin' them. And they've been growing in power since the Tether to Fire formed. Not much what it means, but it feels ominous."

Manakel, Judgement

Jerechial gives a bemused smile, seemingly pleased that this Servitor of Judgement is more reasonable than some.

Ramiel nods, still nervous, and turns to Jerechial saying, "Maybe just a Coke for the rest of the night?" Jerechial rolls his eyes but takes away Ramiel's beer and gives him a glass of soda. Then shortly pours Manakel a martini.

The woman turns to Manakel and says, "Hiya. I'm Lucia, or Medim, Mecurian of Stone. So you're one of Dominic's, but not part of the Triad? Is Dominic getting interested in the leyline stuff?"

Sal, Stone

Given the time of day, a fair number of people are passing by the bar. Most, based on their heavy work clothes, looks to be workers at various industrial plants or similar facilities walking home or to their cars. There are a few wearing biker attire who approach the bar, see it is closed, then leave with some grumbling.

A fair number of the angels are looking at the unassuming fellow, but leave him be. Well, almost. Seeming disgruntled by his failure at pinball, a young fellow (early 20s?) walks over to Sal. He's wearing a dingy green overcoat and worn clothes, with dusty skin looking and smelling like he hasn't bathed in a couple days, but clear, blue, kind eyes.

"You one of the new guys? I have trouble keeping everything straight. People call me Andreson. Wanna be friends?"

Inian, War

The Seneschal gives a nod and smile. "To my knowledge, nobody here looks down on the Choir of Motion as a whole. Of course, some elohim or malakim find your choir a bit too... energetic for their stoic nature. I am not among such. Rezzial may lean that way, but he is fair. Answer Adewale directly and of course honestly, and he should just be mildly annoyed. About as good as one can hope with him.

I am glad to see you approaching me in a friendly manner, though. Too often Servitors of War look with a wary eye towards Destiny. It is not my place to question Archangels, even in things such as them distrusting my Master Yves, but I fear that such attitudes will lead more towards Fate.
    "

Mary smiles, a touch flirty, and says, "Ah! I didn't know another ofanite was coming to town. If you'd like to hang out sometime, working or just social, let me know. Hmm... in fact, let me get us some drinks. I'm tired of sitting."

She's already halfway to the bar when she turns back. "What's your preference, Adrian?"

Camael, Redemption

Roman, despite his tough and gruff exterior, gives a friendly smile and relaxes his 'bouncer' pose to one more friendly. His tone is also friendly, though deferential to one he knows outranks him. He looks a touch uncomfortable at the compliments, but accepting of them as well. A humble and loyal Soldier.

"I try to stay out of those things for the most part, but Jeremiah's mentioned that the Triad of Judgement are... well, forgive me, miss, talking about my betters... but their leader's a bit of a prick. I've seen myself how you got to act like whatever he wants matters most to keep things going smooth.

The rest seem pretty okay. The folk in camo gear -- David's people -- keep to themselves mostly but are good folk. I've fought alongside some Soldiers from the Commune, and with Gaspariel. Good people."

With some additional words, she is able to get a bit more info from the Soldier.

"The Seneschals? Hmm... the Senechal of Flowers is an odd sort. I know most Flowers are all peace and love hippy stuff--I get the ideals, but they just don't work. But Daisy seems focused on literal flowers and like she--it?--just cares about people because she's supposed to. That professor guy is the Seneschal of Destiny. Good guy, friendly for an elohite, too. I hear rumors he's an old friend of the Seneschal of Fate, maybe that we woulda had permission to off that habbalah if not for him... but again, probably shouldn't be talking about that too much. He's a theology buff, but in kinda a wierd way to me. I stay away from overthinking that stuff too much; one thing I know is that, if we die in our duties, we're wind up in a good place.

And general topics? Also, well, I know part of tonight is about the Burnt and what Hell's up to with that. Sounds good to discuss. Me and the other Soldiers are prepping should we be called to fight the Burnt directly."

His words end with a mixture of nervousness and pride. It's obvious he's proud and glad to serve Heaven, but also that he's not certain how many losses among Jerechial's forces would occur if there was an outright gang war between Heaven's forces and the Burnt.

---

During the interview, the Symphony unfolds much about Adewale. Certainly more than he would like, she is certain.

Spoiler: Resonance
    Show

Adewale is old. Not as old as the Fall, but he has served Dominic for thousands of years. But most of those were as a clerk in the Spires. He is subconsciously resentful of how little he was able to do. During the Crusades, he was given the opportunity to serve on earth, and he aided the Crusaders greatly. Consequently, he hates Servitors of Khalid based on the conflicts between Judgement and Faith during the Crusades.

Based on his service, he was made a member of a Triad. He has served in numerous areas across earth, but was active in the United States during the civil rights movement, working for making laws more fair and just for African-American citizens. When his former vessel was retired due to age, he requested his current one (a young African-American attorney) in order to continue working for justice in the area he grew prevously. But, though he cares about mortal law and fairness, his first priority is rooting out heresy in Heaven's folds.

Consequently, he is a prick to most of the angels, believing that there must be something worth finding out and any reluctance to answer his call is suspicious. This is motivated mostly by his past insignificant work and his wanting to show himself valuable to Dominic. He believes whole-heartedly in Dominic.

Relationship-wise, he respects his Triad but feels they are too lax, though he is more respectful of Fortisimos since he slew an Outcast Servitor of Creation. He distrusts Mary Sherlock (and any other Servitors of Redemption), watching them for hints of heresy or defection. He respects the Seneschal of Destiny, though it is more due to respecting Dominic's respect of Yves than any actual relationship. He feels Daisy and Valufiel do not care enough about humans, but notes both are loyal to their Superior. The only relationship he truly cares about is between him and Dominic, though he feels others should be more respectful of his position.

Most angels in the city regard him as a pompous prick. His Triad doesn't like him as much as their old boss, but are trying (unsuccessfully) to moderate his antagonizing methods. Fortisimos is deferential to him, but Rezzial has argued with him numerous times.

11. - Top - End - #11

RedKnightGirl

Post Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Spoiler: Jeen
    Show
    Really awesome detail on those checks. That helps a lot, so hopefully I'll figure out how to use the details well. Very fun titbts.

Also, trying to play up that I invested more in Celestial than the other Forces. We'll see if it works.

Carol looked impressed as the soldier's vigilance unfolded itself in insights and titbits. She found her arms starting to fold when he began belittling the bedrock of civilization that was peace and discourse by other names, but halted herself quickly. It was a blessing he was speaking so freely with her. When she replied, it was gently, the spike of annoyance quicker going than coming.

The sword you serve was forged in flames none of the Burnt can make or match, and the only plot downstairs ever manages long term is to betray each other. All that really changes is the who and how bad.” The woman touched his arm lightly then. “You're going to be just fine, Roman.” Taking a step back, she chanced a grin. “And thanks to your tips, so am I. Now, I'm going to go test out some of those ideals that don't work. If I really wreck the night, you'll know why.” She winked.

Want anything to hold you before I'm arm deep in angel? Water or a snack or something?

Listening out for any last requests, the woman that belonged to the so-called Friends of Man angelic choir entered the bar with a nature suddenly gingerly. When most of the divinely aware entered a new Tether, Carol realized quickly after her creation that they didn't notice much of anything. Souls far more powerful, that had aeons on her existence, either didn't feel or didn't care about the subtle shift that happened whenever they entered a Tether.

Not so for her.

Freely, Carol let in the pride of an oath sworn and kept as it pulsed through her heart. She allowed the stern vigilance of a father protecting his family to tilt her chin just a little higher; had her eyes narrow more cautiously. Above it all was a certainty of command that coursed through her. It subsumed all else, a steely authority that came only with a millienia of experience. Had no one ever told her, the sensations flowing through, around and in her being made it unquestionable exactly who's being saturated here. It was truly a Tether to the Archangel of the Sword.

A measured breathe was taken in, and let out, and again. Carol felt like a drunk that had sipped just enough to sway in her steps, but could right herself with an easy enough effort. Reasserting herself with a confident smile, she surveyed the occupants curiously. She was rewarded quickly.

Inian!” she called cheerily. Darting over to his table, she immediately gave the broad shoulders of his seated form a hug, before righting herself. “Long time, Angel Guerra. You still suplexing soldiers up and down the circuit, or has War given you new marching orders?

Glancing over at the gangly man arrested in tweed, recognition and understanding formed behind her eyes. No wonder the library felt so inspiring. She had rarely found solace in reading before, so it had obviously been an angelic Tether. But the librarian being the Seneschal of Destiny struck her as so obvious she suddenly doubted her chances of passing her exams. She offered her hand respectfully across the table.

Professor, Carrol Sinclaire. Journalism student, Intercessionist, and next Archangel in the making. Also a really big fan of the atmosphere you built up in the library.” Dimly noting only one seat fully pushed in, she made to seat herself next to Inian. “How do you guys feel about splitting the top half of Star Valley between War, Destiny and Redemption?” she asked, only half joking.

Spoiler: Chairs / Inian / Faust
    Show
    Kept it ambiguous if I actually get the seat, just in case you'd rather be seated next to someone else, NPC or otherwise.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-01-07 at 01:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Inian smiles back at Mary, but waves away her offer. "Sorry, I actually don't drink. Just a coke or something is fine with me."

Turning back to the Seneschal, he replies, "Oh, not liking me for my nature is nothing I've not dealt with. We were all Created differently, and there's been more than a few elohim I found far too stuffy."

"No offence intended, of course," Inian adds with a deferential nod. Anything else he might have said is cut off as another angel wraps their arms around him in a hug. He whips around in surprise, hands clenched into fists, but once he seems who it is Inian breaks out into a broad grin.

"Camael! It's great to see you again. I had no idea you were here as well. Come on, sit down." Inian practically leaps up from his seat, obviously eager for an excuse to stand back up. "I'm here at least semi-permanently, unfortunately. I can already feel myself start to chafe from staying in one city. How about yourself? When did you get the new vessel?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Adewale frowns somewhat at the surprising answer to the last question, when she calls into question Judgement's attitude towards God's supposed abandonment of angels.

"Ahem," he starts, somewhat pompous, "the general consensus is that we angels have failed in some way and, as punishment, God has banished us from the Higher Heavens and limited direct communication to us. Of course, He can intervene as needed: we see His touch occasionally, and there is His Holy Spirit and Son guiding the Catholic Church. And, I admit, times such as the acquittal of Michael. My hope is that this is apt punishment for our failures and that, once Heaven has triumphed and the Liar been destroyed, we will again experience Him directly."
    Melektas considers the Seraph's words. "I see," she says after a moment. "Thank you for your insight." Apparently composed once again, she seems sincere.

"Then I hope that we grow in grace together, and rise to His purpose for us."

When the triad dismiss her, she rises, bows respectfully, then returns to the main room to join the others.

---

The ranger gives a faint smile. "Greetings. Valufiel, Malakite of Animals." The flower slowly turns towards the robin and emits a whispery breath: "You may call me Daisy, if you need to speak in the human tongue. Kyriotate Seneschal of the Tether to Flowers. Is this your vessel or are you of the same Choir as me?"
    "Oh, this one isn't mine," the robin replies. "I'm just borrowing him. He's his own person." The robin bounces in place. "I'm a Domination, like you! That's me over there, waiting to be interviewed," the bird nods to the cloaked figure standing by the far wall, "and over there at the bar. I'm getting to know some of the other Servitors of Stone here. I don't know if I told my joke right, but they smiled, so it's a good start.

"One of them's a Kyriotate, too." The robin suddenly spreads his wings to fly up and bounce -- gently! -- against a leaf of the flower. "Kyriotates represent!" he chirps. Simultaneously, an echoing chirp may be heard from the direction of the bar.

The bird lands again and bows to the flower. "Should I call you Seneschal Daisy? I want to get the, uh, forms? - I think it's forms - I want to get that correct. Respect is important.

"And please, let me know if you need any help! We have our assigned missions, of course, but Stone really is a part of Nature, after all, and there's a lot going on around here."

---

The two wearing camo gear give Melektas a smile, firm from the man but wide and dazzling from the woman. She talks first. "I heard David had sent some new Servitors to town. Welcome. I'm Medim, or Lucia in this body. Quiet guy is Gaspariel, same Choir as you. Me and his host are getting some supplies for the commune while here for this meeting."
    "Great!" The robin flutters up to land on the man's wrist. "Kyriotates represent!" it chirps. Simultaneously, an echoing chirp may be heard from one of the nearby tables.

"Kyriotates are commutative," the bird confides to Medim, who is, alas, through no fault of her own, an unfortunately singular being. "So now you've practically greeted Seneschal Daisy over there."

Leaning in, Medim whispers, "It's not really a secret, but I'm sure you've heard of the ley lines of this city. Normally they don't mean much, but Gaspariel and I are in charge of watchin' them. And they've been growing in power since the Tether to Fire formed. Not much what it means, but it feels ominous."
    "Yes! Thank you!" The robin bobbles in excitement, then hop-flies from Gaspariel to land on the counter top closer to Medim. "Do you think that five-pointed star thing is wrong? Because it looks, you know, unbalanced to me. Like things are in the wrong places. Maybe we should ask Destiny," the bird squints its little eyes and looks around the room. "Who's a librarian..."

---

Spoiler: Language Note
    Show
    I probably should have been more specific in my previous post. Melektas' two possessed robins are each communicating via the Corporeal Song of Tongues. While a celestial using a bird vessel would be able to speak human languages -- vessels are designed for that -- most birds would not. I suppose that a parrot could pull it off, or possibly(?) a crow. But with most birds and animals, if Melektas wants to be clearly understood, it's best to invoke the Song of Tongues ahead of time. Thus, characters who hear either robin speak should hear them in whatever the listener's base 'human' language is (which is probably determined by the listener's Role).

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Manakel sipped from his martini as he pondered how much he should tell Medim. He had not been told not to reveal his assignment, but in his experience, angels were like humans in that they tended to be on their best behavior around authorities when they weren't sure where their attention was focused.

"I do not know. I am simply here to ensure that nobody does anything too dramatic. Now, what can you tell me about the current situation with the new Tether? Has it been fully secured by the demons yet?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Camael (Redemption), Inian (War)

"No offense taken, warrior of Michael. I agree with your assessment of my Choir. Too few acknowledge that our emotions are tools and aspects of ourselves, just parts we are not to be ruled by."

After Carol takes a seat and gives her introduction, the professor gives a quaint smile and chuckle at the Mecurian of Redemption.
    "Bold ambitions, yes, but perhaps true ones. Your own Superior is one few would have thought would ever reach Archangel, and who can say what destiny is planned for our own kind?"

He grows a bit quieter, and gives a far-off look, "If a Tether to Redemption were formed here somehow, or any Tether to put us on equal count with Fire, that may do well. I cannot say much about splitting parts of Star Valley, but I hold no grudge against War or Redemption, and would welcome your aid in securing the destiny of our city."

At this point, Mary returns with two margaritas and a coke. Offering the coke to Inian, she turns to Camael and says, "I saw you come over so thought I'd get a second in case you want it. Like margaritas? It's on the strong side, but I've found our constitutions let us imbibe a bit more than humans."

Melektas, Stone

Spoiler: Corporeal Tongues
    Show
    Thanks for remembering that. You are correct: animal hosts cannot talk, though animal vessels can. Well, as you state, you could talk if you had a parrot host or something else that can emulate human speech.

Also, in case the question ever comes up: I'm cool with one 'casting' of Corporeal Tongues covering all your vessels/hosts.

The flower waves in the air in a strange gesture, but one that seems friendly or accepting. "Forms? Formal terms? Respect is important, but I see it more in actions than words, though yours are appreciated. Your offer of aid is appreciated. I will let you know if it becomes needed."

Valufiel eyes her curiously as she makes her offer to Daisy. "Stone is unable to strike first, correct? If we were to need your help protecting flowers or animals, would you be able to fight?" Daisy responds rapidly, but almost teasingly, "Lady Novalis does not require fighting to protect nature." Valufiel simply smiles, the bickering akin to old friends repeating a familiar argument, an old contention between a Seneschal of Flowers and a Malakim of Animals.

---

Gaspariel's host smiles and raises his drink in toast to the "represent" remark.

Medim smiles, almost wickedly in interest, with gleaming eyes at Melektas' suggestion.
    "The star pattern wrong? Hmm... no, not in general terms. The energy flows do clearly follow through the pattern. David granted both me and Gaspariel with a gift for Geomancy in order to do our jobs of watching the pentagram. But unbalanced perhaps is right. Especially with the Tether to Fire... well, the leylines aren't flowing through it, but its presence seems to be intensifying the power."

Gaspariel then joins the conversation. "After we gather our supplies, I'll vacate Stephen here and ride a bird, follow the leylines tonight and check the energy flows."

Medim also points out the Seneschal of Destiny to Melektas.

Spoiler: Geomancy
    Show

One of David's Servitor Attunements from a splatbook, though they use it more to watch the leylines than for the purpose of essence generation:

This attunement gives its possessor the ability to perceive patterns of energy generated by rock formations. Most students of geomancy refer to these patterns as ley lines, and those who can perceive them can put the ley lines’ energy to use. With a successful Perception roll, made within an hour of dawn, the attunement’s holder can discern the most advantageous place to stand at dawn. This causes him to regenerate 2 Essence at sunrise instead of the usual single Essence. If the Perception roll’s check digit is an unmodified 6, then he regenerates 3 Essence! A Servitor must make a new Perception roll every time he invokes this attunement, since factors like solar flares and subtle shifts in the planet’s magnetic field make it unlikely that the same exact spot will serve as a ley line nexus more than once.

Manakel, Judgement

Medim gives a slight frown at his answer, but responds in a bubbly manner nonetheless. "Well, makes sense most of the Archangels don't notice stuff like this; it usually doesn't matter to celestial events or most mortals even.

The new Tether? I haven't investigated it much, besides checking the geomantic patterns around it, but I'd say it's pretty well secured. Gaspariel and I were busy with the commune when it happened, but from what I heard the Tether was formed and stabilized before the city angels had an idea what was happened. But, credit where it's due, I think Jerechial and his were busy trying to save folk from dying in the flames, help make sure the firefighters could get where they needed to get.

Strange thing, though, is that while there's been demons of Fire in town for decades, they've always seemed small fries. Do their gang work, some arson, but nothing big and they run and hide if The Sword or Soldiers show up. But with this Tether... they've gotten into a couple fights with some of my people, as well as Jerechial's. Managed to consolidate the gangs and recruit new members -- a lot of the poor folk or those made homeless due to the fires wound up joining the Burnt, or at least working for them. They've got a lot of mortal manpower, and not sure how many demons, guarding the Tether.
    I don't know if all that means they got bolder or they got a new leader or what. But I don't like it."

16. - Top - End - #16

RedKnightGirl

Lightbulb Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    Inian smiles back at Mary, but waves away her offer. "Sorry, I actually don't drink. Just a coke or something is fine with me."

Turning back to the Seneschal, he replies, "Oh, not liking me for my nature is nothing I've not dealt with. We were all Created differently, and there's been more than a few elohim I found far too stuffy."

"No offence intended, of course," Inian adds with a deferential nod. Anything else he might have said is cut off as another angel wraps their arms around him in a hug. He whips around in surprise, hands clenched into fists, but once he seems who it is Inian breaks out into a broad grin.

"Camael! It's great to see you again. I had no idea you were here as well. Come on, sit down." Inian practically leaps up from his seat, obviously eager for an excuse to stand back up. "I'm here at least semi-permanently, unfortunately. I can already feel myself start to chafe from staying in one city. How about yourself? When did you get the new vessel?"
    Oh, been this news-bug for months,” Camael replied mildly, but looked at Inian like a doctor trying not to be distracted by her patient's small talk. “Star Valley's going to be a long one for me, too. So it's great to know it's in good company. Been here a few weeks, already, actually. Kicking kittens and sending Christmas cards in June, if the local Triad is to be believed.

Her hazel eyes rolled, lips wry in amusement. This not long before she pulled at her sweater's collar empathetically at the Ofanim. “But what you said sounds really stifling. Especially if it's chafing already. Want us to go jogging? The Flowers Tether is literally this big national park. My Uni is close enough. You, me, Mary – we could all make it a weekly thing. Would that help?

Camael (Redemption), Inian (War)

"No offense taken, warrior of Michael. I agree with your assessment of my Choir. Too few acknowledge that our emotions are tools and aspects of ourselves, just parts we are not to be ruled by."

After Carol takes a seat and gives her introduction, the professor gives a quaint smile and chuckle at the Mecurian of Redemption.
    "Bold ambitions, yes, but perhaps true ones. Your own Superior is one few would have thought would ever reach Archangel, and who can say what destiny is planned for our own kind?"

He grows a bit quieter, and gives a far-off look, "If a Tether to Redemption were formed here somehow, or any Tether to put us on equal count with Fire, that may do well. I cannot say much about splitting parts of Star Valley, but I hold no grudge against War or Redemption, and would welcome your aid in securing the destiny of our city."

At this point, Mary returns with two margaritas and a coke. Offering the coke to Inian, she turns to Camael and says, "I saw you come over so thought I'd get a second in case you want it. Like margaritas? It's on the strong side, but I've found our constitutions let us imbibe a bit more than humans."
    Carol had the grace to blush when the professor subtly declined to shake her hand, but forgave it before she was even fully seated. He continued with an ease and openness that had her slowly leaning in as the Seneschal spoke. It was then the only other angel of redemption in all the Pentagram returned broke the spell, and Carol glanced appreciatively between the offered margarita and Mary.

You're a godsend. Merci.

The length of her French showcased, only when the drink was laid down before Carol did doubt flicker across her face. Her constitution was sieve solid, and she couldn't guess if the venue specifically catering to angels all night was serving stronger drinks to compensate. Pinching the pencil thin body of the glass hesitantly, she glanced curiously at the beige and cloudy concoction, and the slice of lemon that bite the rim of the glass. Bringing it slowly toward herself, she instead raised it towards the middle of the table in afterthought. She glanced at each of them thoughtfully.

To winning the war, bringing back the lost, and unfolding our true destinies.

*Carol took an sip afterwards. The tiny peck of pink lipstick on the rim was a testament to how unadventurous it was, even as her eyes light up at the dance of citrusy sourness strangely with salt. This even as the tequila burned pleasantly on the way down. She immediately took another taste.

Let's get to that, actually. Mary is savvy enough to outmanoeuvre the Game for a decade despite creatures like Megulliel crawling around, Inian has the presence of mind to accept help even when he can win battles single-handedly, and the professor has been guiding souls straight to glory longer than I've had wings. You guys are dynamite for this stuff. What would be the best opening move in the Pentagram? Where do we find celestials most likely to return to us? How can we tailor our actions to better unlock destinies?

Certain she had asked enough to fill a Cathedral full of discussion, she went quiet.

Spoiler: big additions*
    Show
    I felt curious, so added the last paragraph of questions to keep conversation flowing a little more.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-01-10 at 06:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Valufiel eyes her curiously as she makes her offer to Daisy. "Stone is unable to strike first, correct? If we were to need your help protecting flowers or animals, would you be able to fight?" Daisy responds rapidly, but almost teasingly, "Lady Novalis does not require fighting to protect nature." Valufiel simply smiles, the bickering akin to old friends repeating a familiar argument, an old contention between a Seneschal of Flowers and a Malakim of Animals.
    "The Archangel forbids us to strike first," the robin concedes. "But I can fight, and most battles last longer than the first blow. And I can heal things, if you need. Though I'm sure that our lady of Flowers already has her own ways to do that."

"What about what you need? I understand Technology's around," Melektas avers. "Have you had any problems from them? They don't usually do well with nature." Another thought strikes. "Oh, and Fire! Hell's Fire. Have they caused any trouble out in your, uh, neck of the woods? Now that they're so much stronger."

---

Medim smiles, almost wickedly in interest, with gleaming eyes at Melektas' suggestion. "The star pattern wrong? Hmm... no, not in general terms. The energy flows do clearly follow through the pattern. David granted both me and Gaspariel with a gift for Geomancy in order to do our jobs of watching the pentagram. But unbalanced perhaps is right. Especially with the Tether to Fire... well, the leylines aren't flowing through it, but its presence seems to be intensifying the power."
    "Oh, good!" Melek-robin bounces in a happy circle. "The two of you, I mean, not the new Tether. I hoped that someone here would have the Gift! Both of you is even better.

"What I mean is, there's Destiny at the top of the star, right? (Let's call it the top, anyway.) And on the upper left there's Flowers, and on the upper right there's the Sword. They're all ours. Then you go down, and the lower left's Lust, the lower right's Fate, and the middle is Hell's Fire. Doesn't it seem like the last two are backwards? Flowers and Lust on one side kind of makes sense- they're both usually not that violent- but then it's Destiny above Fire, and the Sword above Fate. Shouldn't it be the other way 'round? Destiny and Fate makes sense, they do the same kind of things (in different directions), while the Sword and Hell's Fire both attack.

"I don't know." The robin fluffs its wings in a tiny shrug. "I'm just wondering."

Gaspariel then joins the conversation. "After we gather our supplies, I'll vacate Stephen here and ride a bird, follow the leylines tonight and check the energy flows."
    "Great! Have either of you ever gone under the pentagram? I wonder what's down there, especially under the center. I know, there's a Tether to Hell there now, so it's not exactly the safest place to check. But someone could burrow in at an angle to get underneath it. I have a stone vessel that's pretty strong; I could try to dig down. Though, really, one of the Archangel's Ofanim would probably be the best way to check.

"Oh, and what's going on above the star's center?" the bird chirps excitedly. "I don't think leylines are supposed to go through the air, but this whole place is weird."

Medim also points out the Seneschal of Destiny to Melektas.
    "Oh! Thank you. Yeah, he looks like a librarian. Busy table! Destiny's popular. That's good. I'll talk with him after my vessel's free and the triad's done with me." At the other end of the room, the hooded figure is gone, apparently having moved on to her interview.

"So, is there anything you want me to look into for you while I'm here in the area?"
    Last edited by ScottL; 2020-01-09 at 09:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Camael, Redemption

Mary blushes a bit at the compliment, but there's a gleam of competence and confidence in her eyes that shows the blush to be somewhat an act. The librarian gives another chuckle, but answers, "Your Lady has prepared you well for working alongside Destiny, it seems, or at least trained you as a flatterer. I mean no offense at saying that; it is a relevant skill that can be used for good, as long as it is not abused to hurt people as demons use it. And humans, sad to say.
    I try to guide the souls of those near my Tether towards their destinies. As you may guess, Yves has gifted me with the ability to see a mortal's Destiny. As for young Mary here, though she is quite skilled, part of her survival is being unknown. I believe most demons, including Meguillel, do not know much of her."

Mary looks a bit annoyed at the Seneschal's remark, but gives an overly dramatic sigh of exasperation and says, playfully, "Well, yes. Though I have had one run in with Meguillel, but he has no proof I'm a redeemed demon. Not that I'm admitting it; per Metanoia's orders, my origins are secret. Formally, I simply have the information some redeemed Calabim of The War had. That I'm a skilled Ofanite is merely coincidence."
    She becomes more serious: "But Carol: if he hears you are of Redemption, he will look into you. Metanoia told me you're really one of the ones she made fresh in Heaven, though, so... you should be okay. He's lazy in his own way; tell him the truth and he'll leave you alone, besides maybe tailing you to find prospective renegades. But don't go celestial near him." She shudders. "I've seen him fight. It's always disgusting to watch a shedite, but his power is frightening. He's a skilled fighter and has got some strong Numinous Corpus."

Taking a big drink, she then leans in and starts to whisper... but seeing the Servitor of War, decides to tell them both openly. "You may have heard I killed Ikorial some time ago. I regret it, but he refused redemption and... things got hairy. But I still have hopes for him. If you run into some demon doing medical work, it's probably him... He really loves mankind and hates most demons. But I fear he still hates Heaven more and would rather serve Vapula than admit his errors." To the angel of War, she says, "I understand if you can't show him mercy, but if you can leave him alone and just report his location to me or Carol, well, I'd owe you." Whispering slightly, so that just her table can hear, she adds, "Please don't mention him to the Triad." With scorn and anger, she says, "Fortisimos killed an innocent Creationer a few months ago. Well, I mean, he was Outcast, but he woulda repented if the Triad let him. I'd hate to see them get their hands on a fallen angel."

Melekas, Stone

Valufiel gives an approving nod and smile. "I have heard good things of David's Servitors, though rarely fought alongside them. Different jobs. I like your attitude, Kyriotate of Stone."

Daisy gives a whisper with a hint of annoyance at the talk of violence, but still responds pleasantly. "My park is well-protected, by me and mortal law. I am many places, and I reflect Lady Novalis' desire for peace in my domain, when I wish. As a national park, it is hard for Technology to encroach. Fire... the demons have burnt parts of my park at times--to the police, minor pranks, but I knew their purpose--but the servants or Soldiers of Fire found themselves... incapacitated shortly after. Lady Novalis frowns on violence, but tolerates binding and biting thorns and vines when needed. They have not moved on my park since the Tether formed, though, if they do come in force... yes, your help would be welcome. And yours, Valufiel, even if your wolf form bears its fangs. Though I pray it be not needed."

---

Medim's eyes sparkle, and she takes out a pencil and sketches the pentagram on a napkin as the robin speaks. Gaspariel's borrowed body looks over intently.
    "Hmm..." Medim replies, "I guess I see what you mean. But remember that the Tether to Fire just formed recently. Until then, it was Destiny at the headpoint, with Flowers and the Sword below counter-posed, below them Lust and Fate.

On the leylines, they follow the star pattern. Like I said, we haven't seen anything leading to the Tether to Fire, but since it formed the entire pentagram has had more power flowing through it. None of our Seneschals have noticed any change to their Tethers. I haven't asked Fate or Lust, of course.

As for going under... we don't have an Ofanite's gift, so not really, beyond some sewer lines. Gaspariel did some delving as a mole or something like that some centuries ago, but with modern construction it's a lot trickier. And leylines simply don't work in the air. Or, well, if they do, it's not the geomantic ones we can sense. If a Servitor of Janus ever shows up, I guess I'll ask them, but I haven't heard of anything like that."

At her mention of anything particular to do, Gaspariel speaks up. "If you hear of the demons of Factions being active, we would like to destroy them. They did much harm, and our last fight was fierce. It was a shame they were able to flee. But in the meantime, I'm sure you have your work from our Master. We are well met, though. Should our tasks intertwine, your presence would be welcome." With a touch of hesitation, he adds, "If you should be free after this meeting, you could accompany me as I fly through the Pentagram. It would take some time, but our hosts should not tire while we possess them. And I know a place that usually have good birdseed, to assure we treat our hosts respectably before vacating them."

Spoiler: OOC All
    Show
    I'll see if anyone wants to do some more conversing over the weekend, and feel free to continue conversations, but I think on Monday I'll probably have the "plot point" happen. Though we can have some stuff be out of chronological order if anyone wants to continue a particular conversation.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Melekas, Stone
    Valufiel gives an approving nod and smile. "I have heard good things of David's Servitors, though rarely fought alongside them. Different jobs. I like your attitude, Kyriotate of Stone."
    Melektas fluffs her robin-feathers, appreciative of the compliment and visibly pleased with herself (or, at least, visibly to a Servitor of Animals). "Thank you! And I yours, Malakite of Animals."

Spoiler: Malakite resonance
    Show
    I don't have specific examples right now, but if Valufiel checks Melektas with his resonance, it's safe to say that one of her/its less-honorable traits is a certain degree of harmless vanity. Nothing untoward, but praise can go to their head.

Daisy gives a whisper with a hint of annoyance at the talk of violence, but still responds pleasantly. "My park is well-protected, by me and mortal law. I am many places, and I reflect Lady Novalis' desire for peace in my domain, when I wish. As a national park, it is hard for Technology to encroach. Fire... the demons have burnt parts of my park at times--to the police, minor pranks, but I knew their purpose--but the servants or Soldiers of Fire found themselves... incapacitated shortly after. Lady Novalis frowns on violence, but tolerates binding and biting thorns and vines when needed. They have not moved on my park since the Tether formed, though, if they do come in force... yes, your help would be welcome. And yours, Valufiel, even if your wolf form bears its fangs. Though I pray it be not needed."
    "Me, too (may Destiny guide us). It's just that with Hell's Fire so much stronger now, I worry what they're going to do. There's a lot more energy in the leylines now; more than you'd expect. Something powerful's going on in the center, where their Fire tether is, and it's stirring things up."

The robin leans its head waaay back to look up at Valufiel. "You have a wolf form. Do you run with a pack? I haven't walked with a wolf in a long time, but I remember them. They're so clean! No... pure. Pure's a better word. Dogs are everywhere these days -- you know, humans -- so most of us Dominations find dogs, but wolves are pretty great."

After the Malakite responds, Melektas replies enthusiastically. "Maybe I could visit you sometime. Daisy, you could join us! I could ask Gaspariel if they want to come, too. Wolves night out!" The robin raises its wings and leans forward, growling dramatically. Suddenly it squawks indignantly and jumps a few inches straight up. "What?! 'What do I think about' what?!

"Oh. Um, sorry." If a bird could blush, it would. "Triad question. Caught me by surprise."

---

Medim's eyes sparkle, and she takes out a pencil and sketches the pentagram on a napkin as the robin speaks. Gaspariel's borrowed body looks over intently. [...] As for going under... we don't have an Ofanite's gift, so not really, beyond some sewer lines. Gaspariel did some delving as a mole or something like that some centuries ago, but with modern construction it's a lot trickier. And leylines simply don't work in the air. Or, well, if they do, it's not the geomantic ones we can sense. If a Servitor of Janus ever shows up, I guess I'll ask them, but I haven't heard of anything like that."
    "Yeah, I was just thinking off the top of my head there. I don't know much about leylines; it's not one of my Gifts.

"Hey, do you think the pentagram's a summoning circle or a binding circle?"

At her mention of anything particular to do, Gaspariel speaks up. "If you hear of the demons of Factions being active, we would like to destroy them. They did much harm, and our last fight was fierce. It was a shame they were able to flee. But in the meantime, I'm sure you have your work from our Master. We are well met, though. Should our tasks intertwine, your presence would be welcome."
    "Thank you. I do expect to be busy. But, you know," the robin winks to Gaspariel, "Dominations: we're all about doing lots of things at once."

With a touch of hesitation, he adds, "If you should be free after this meeting, you could accompany me as I fly through the Pentagram. It would take some time, but our hosts should not tire while we possess them. And I know a place that usually have good birdseed, to assure we treat our hosts respectably before vacating them."
    "I'd like that! Thank you. I could get a look at the sights -- and the sites! -- and you can show me what you think's important.

"And I won't have to impose on the Seneschal to feed the robins!" She chirrups, pleased, then suddenly squawks harshly. "What? 'What do I think about' what?!" Embarassed, Melektas catches herself. The robin's voice drops to a hushed, melodious whisper. "'What do I think about the fact that God's abandoned us?' Really?! Is that really what Judgment thinks?" The robin shudders all over, like a dog shaking off water, then forcibly settles down. After a few moments, she murmurs, "Oh, okay. That's not as bad as I thought. Okay."

---

A short time later, the cloaked and hooded figure returns to the main room, evidently having completed their session with the Judgment triad. It walks toward the bar, seeking a spot near Manakel of Judgment. If a suitable place is available, it then turns to address the Servitor of Judgment, who can see that is a mobile statue in the form of a human woman. "Excuse me." The voice at least seems feminine. "I'm Malektas of Stone. I overheard that you're of Judgment. Do you mind if I ask your opinion on something?"

---

Spoiler: Timing Note
    Show
    I decided to place Melektas' interview with the Triad in here because I wanted her other selves to have some reaction to Adewale's final question. She is proactively sharing the question with her fellow Stonies, but not with Valufiel and Daisy unless they ask.

20. - Top - End - #20

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Camael, Redemption

Mary blushes a bit at the compliment, but there's a gleam of competence and confidence in her eyes that shows the blush to be somewhat an act. The librarian gives another chuckle, but answers, "Your Lady has prepared you well for working alongside Destiny, it seems, or at least trained you as a flatterer. I mean no offense at saying that; it is a relevant skill that can be used for good, as long as it is not abused to hurt people as demons use it. And humans, sad to say.
    I try to guide the souls of those near my Tether towards their destinies. As you may guess, Yves has gifted me with the ability to see a mortal's Destiny. As for young Mary here, though she is quite skilled, part of her survival is being unknown. I believe most demons, including Meguillel, do not know much of her."
    Carol recalled the soldier of the Sword suggesting Origenus' love of theology earlier. “Thomas Aquinos said there's three conditions necessary for penance: contrition, confession, and good work. Between Mary looking like a comfy shoulder to cry on, and your ability to know what good work would bring a mortal's highest calling, it's easy to see the natural connection between Destiny and Redemption.” She took a deliberate sip of her drink, and spoke haltingly afterwards to the professor.

But Fate is really no small thing. Would you want my help with – you know, that?

She becomes more serious: "But Carol: if he hears you are of Redemption, he will look into you. Metanoia told me you're really one of the ones she made fresh in Heaven, though, so... you should be okay. He's lazy in his own way; tell him the truth and he'll leave you alone, besides maybe tailing you to find prospective renegades. But don't go celestial near him." She shudders. "I've seen him fight. It's always disgusting to watch a shedite, but his power is frightening. He's a skilled fighter and has got some strong Numinous Corpus."
    That's elementary to this Watson,” she quipped. “Mary, my role is massaged about as deeply into the Symphony as any mundane, and my resonance makes zero noise besides. While fighting off even a cold might be a thing for me – given time, I could still talk a mountain into giving gold.” She readjusted herself to sit just a little higher. “Meguillel will never notice I'm even here.

Taking a big drink, she then leans in and starts to whisper... but seeing the Servitor of War, decides to tell them both openly. "You may have heard I killed Ikorial some time ago. I regret it, but he refused redemption and... things got hairy. But I still have hopes for him. If you run into some demon doing medical work, it's probably him... He really loves mankind and hates most demons. But I fear he still hates Heaven more and would rather serve Vapula than admit his errors." To the angel of War, she says, "I understand if you can't show him mercy, but if you can leave him alone and just report his location to me or Carol, well, I'd owe you."
    Helping redeem souls for their utmost happiness and fulfilment is the most worthwhile thing anyone could do. Looking for Ikorial and others like him is my aim.” She nodded her agreement at Mary when she mentioned being grateful for mercy and information before turning to Inian. “What she said. Hopefully I'll find him before anyone else. But I'd be happy to teach you the Song of Motion for it, if you like.” She shrugged. “Finder's fee.

Whispering slightly, so that just her table can hear, she adds, "Please don't mention him to the Triad." With scorn and anger, she says, "Fortisimos killed an innocent Creationer a few months ago. Well, I mean, he was Outcast, but he woulda repented if the Triad let him. I'd hate to see them get their hands on a fallen angel."
    It is horrible,” Carol replied gloomily after a delay. “Outcasts are easily our most vulnerable. They need friends to bring them closer. Not be pushed away, or knifed in the back. Fortissimo playing prosecution, jury, and executioner isn't justice. How many celestials have come back from far worse, right?

Carol looked at the brunette compassionately. It wasn't hard to imagine why the murder troubled her deeply. “You're every kind of right to be angry with him, Mary. Maybe even hate him. And you also deserve better than to lose peace of mind over someone that poor in judgement.” She glanced at the two men that had stayed silent on the topic, and discovered herself unsteady as she rose from the table, unlike the fluid motion she imagined. Wow. The margaritas really are strong...

Hey, want to stretch your legs a bit?” The redhead scoped up the glass in one hand against her better thinking, with her other hand offered to the Ofanim, Carol doing it as much in invitation as it was a request to help steady herself. “We'll chat, crash tables, get Jerachial to play music honouring Eli. It'll be great.” (Actions 1 & 2 here)

The Mercurion peered around the room again, and noticed the teen nursing his drink quietly. Conversation crushed around him but none of it involved him. A mischievous glint entered her eyes as she deliberately moved around the table to be by Mary's side, nodding over to the lonely angel. A high, sweet note of a cello plucked twice echoed off of Camael's soul and echoed off into creation, a musical note heard only with the soul. Suddenly, the teen by the bar reappeared next to their table with a small clatter, still clutching his coke and sitting on the stool. She smiled in welcome.

Everyone, this is Malcom Price! He's been watching over his adopted parents like only a Cherub of War truly can.” As much as those details were already public among the local angelic community, Camael still said the introduction with aplomb. “Malcom, Inian here is a famous wrestler, and Ofanim of War. You probably already know the Elohite of Destiny that watches over the city from Star Valley U.” The margarita tugged her posture towards sluggishness. “The reason I teleported you over was Mary and I are going to go mingle. We need you to watch over our seats by making sure only fun angels chat with you guys while we're away. Okay?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

1) Fast Talk Mary:

Mostly to get her to take my hand and walk and talk. Talk about the Outcast thing if she wants to vent her feelings more. If not...we crash another table / speak to Jerachial or Diasy or Revelations (in that order). I'm happy with whatever fits the story, Jeen.

Target Number 18.
    TN:
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[3]

Check Digit: (1d6+6)[9]

2) Mercurian Resonance / Perception on Mary.

Target Number 8.
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[4]

Check Digit: (1d6+2)[8]
    Because of the hand holding, presuming that happens, +2 to resonance CD.

3) Song of Motion: Wait the equal of two rounds to get a bonus while looking at Malcom, to get a TN 12 & 1 CD song. Spend 2 essence to move Malcom, with his stool and drink, safely beside our table. It should be easy to teleport him. This roll is really to avoid Lucifer intervention.

Target Number 12.
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[2]

Check Digit: (1d6+1)[3]

4) Fast Talk Malcom: TN 12.

Target Number 18.
    TN:
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[6]

Check Digit: (1d6+6)[9]

To get him to be okay with the unasked for teleportation.

No one is talking to him, so brought him over.

Also, I don't want Dr Faust to be totally bored if it's just him and the Seneschal, so this way there's always three. A fun middle ground. Besides, ScottL mentioned his stone vessel wanted to talk to the destiny angel, so this way we makes space for an understandable reason and we all get an excuse to mingle more.

Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-01-12 at 02:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Manakel continues sipping his drink in contemplation. It would make sense for Fire to grow bolder with their own Tether to bolster their strength, but demons of Fire tend to focus on pure disorganized destruction, not forming complex social structures like gang hierarchies. It might be possible that the organizer is simply an outlier, but...

"Could it be possible that the Burnt are the work of Baal?" he asks Medim. War had a history of using Fire's penchant for chaos and destruction to their advantage, and a city with three Tethers seemed like a significant enough asset to risk such overt maneuvers. He would certainly be looking into the matter when he could.

Some time later, Manakel finds himself approached by a talking statue. He had been aware that Kyriotates of Stone would sometimes occupy stone rather than human Vessels, but seeing one in person was still a bit unnerving. Still, he was a professional who wouldn't let that get in the way of work. "I cannot comment on my Superior's views or motivations in sending me here, but you may otherwise ask what you will." he says after he finishes his drink.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UselessBlob View Post
    Some time later, Manakel finds himself approached by a talking statue. He had been aware that Kyriotates of Stone would sometimes occupy stone rather than human Vessels, but seeing one in person was still a bit unnerving. Still, he was a professional who wouldn't let that get in the way of work. "I cannot comment on my Superior's views or motivations in sending me here, but you may otherwise ask what you will." he says after he finishes his drink.
    "Thank you." The stone woman nods her head deferentially.

"The Archangel sent me to help with the war efforts here. As a Domination, usually I borrow people, when I can do that without putting them at risk. But I've been graced with this vessel, too," she waves a hand to indicate her stone form, "and I'm sure there will be times when I need it to do Heaven's work.

"But, well, obviously I'm not the most... inobvious? No, um- 'circumspect', is that it? I think that's it. Anyway. Humans get upset when they see a statue walking around. Some animals, too. So I'll need a disguise.

"Do you think it'd be okay if I were to wear a burqa like this? Or would it be sacrilege? Some of the fundamentalist sects of Islam forbid statues of humans. No one would be treating me like an idol -- I hope! -- but it still seems it might be offensive. Or is it okay in the service of Heaven?

"What do you think? I know it's not your responsibility to say, but I feel like Judgment might have a better idea of the rights and wrongs."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScottL View Post
    "Thank you." The stone woman nods her head deferentially.

"The Archangel sent me to help with the war efforts here. As a Domination, usually I borrow people, when I can do that without putting them at risk. But I've been graced with this vessel, too," she waves a hand to indicate her stone form, "and I'm sure there will be times when I need it to do Heaven's work.

"But, well, obviously I'm not the most... inobvious? No, um- 'circumspect', is that it? I think that's it. Anyway. Humans get upset when they see a statue walking around. Some animals, too. So I'll need a disguise.

"Do you think it'd be okay if I were to wear a burqa like this? Or would it be sacrilege? Some of the fundamentalist sects of Islam forbid statues of humans. No one would be treating me like an idol -- I hope! -- but it still seems it might be offensive. Or is it okay in the service of Heaven?

"What do you think? I know it's not your responsibility to say, but I feel like Judgment might have a better idea of the rights and wrongs."
    If one had a high quality video camera zoomed as far as possible into Manakel's face, recorded the next few seconds, and went through the recording frame by frame, one might have been able to perceive the subtle twitching of the corners of his lips in the upward direction, as if affected by... mirth. Nobody does, of course, and such an event would become the stuff of urban legend.

"There is a multitude of subjects that humans find offensive, particularly when it comes to religion. I have not bothered to familiarize myself with all the teachings of Islam, but I am certain that there are no laws concerning the behavior of mobile statues containing the Lord's own Angels"

Manakel's eyebrows shifted half a centimeter downwards, in what might be considered his "serious face." He spoke again, with the same steady monotone of voice. "Regardless, what you should be concerned about is concealing your Celestial nature from mortals, not what theoretical offence you may cause by wearing a specific article of clothing. One thing I might suggest, if you wear a burqa in this country, is to have a male Vessel or a fellow Angel accompany the stone one to play the role of the husband. You would be considerably less likely to be accosted in public, although with the current political climate there is always a chance. May I inquire as to the nature of your mission here?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Manakel's eyebrows shifted half a centimeter downwards, in what might be considered his 'serious face'. He spoke again, with the same steady monotone of voice. "Regardless, what you should be concerned about is concealing your Celestial nature from mortals, not what theoretical offence you may cause by wearing a specific article of clothing."
    Melektas nods, conceding the point.

"One thing I might suggest, if you wear a burqa in this country, is to have a male Vessel or a fellow Angel accompany the stone one to play the role of the husband. You would be considerably less likely to be accosted in public, although with the current political climate there is always a chance. May I inquire as to the nature of your mission here?"
    "Oh, that's a good point. I don't think it's required here -- this is the United States, not Saudi Arabia -- but I might run into problems from people who are prejudiced against Muslims. I should've thought of that. They wouldn't be able to hurt me, but bad attention could make things difficult." Stone lips frown. "I thought about dressing like a nun, but then your face is out there. I suppose I could be a burn victim, instead. Or a widow wearing a veil..." She harrumphs thoughtfully. A moment passes, then stone eyes widen and her attention returns fully to him. "I'm sorry, this isn't your problem. But thank you for your help!

"About my mission, the Archangel sent me here to support the war efforts in the city. I'm going to check with the Servitors of War and the Sword to see how I can help, and pretty much anyone else who needs it. I expect that the Hell's Fire will be high on the list. And Factions is around somewhere," she growls. "They're always a problem.

"What about you? If I can do anything to help, let me know. I can heal if you need it, and I'm pretty good in most fights. Not with guns, though."
    Last edited by ScottL; 2020-01-13 at 02:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Melekas, Stone

Valufiel shakes his head. "I don't run with a pack currently. I did some centuries ago, but currently it is for when I have time away from his vessel's tasks or I need to hunt in Jordi's name."

At the nature of a wolves' night out, the Malakite actually smiles wide. A bit, well, wolfish, but sincere. "That does sound fun." With a mischievous grin towards Daisy, teasing again at violence, "Perhaps a way to celebrate if we have to hunt servants of Fire."

---

Medim shakes her head at questions of binding or summoning. "I don't think so. Though perhaps some geomancer could use it for such... Honestly, it seems a natural phenomenon, just a really unusual one that has unexplained celestial impacts. The leylines existed for... well, nobody knows how long. At least the California Gold Rush times, probably long before then."

At the interruption of Judgement's questions, Medim and Gaspariel listen at her unrest but Gaspariel simply shrugs. "Abandonment... I feel content in serving David. I think that suffices for most Servitors."

Camael, Redemption

The professor shakes his head at the offer about Fate. "While I welcome your offer, I think it best if you avoid Galafarsel directly. He is ancient, and crafty. But if you discover any Soldiers or sorcerers he has recruited... well, my and Mary's work is related to the salvation of their souls. But I recommend caution around his Tether. Angels cannot be bound like demons can by sorcery, but sorcerers have tricks and some might be able to see your true nature."

---

Mary takes Carol's hand, ready to move from the table again.

With a small burst of Noise, attention moves to Ramiel as he suddenly reappears -- stool, drink, and all -- from the bar to the table Carol was just at. He looks stunned, and starts to draw a knife hidden under his shirt, but calms (slightly) once he realizes he is still at the bar and not under some attack.
    He calms more at Carol's praise and words, though he blushes a bit at the mention of his parents. He nervously nods at Carol's request, with a glance back at Manakel.

Jerechial also looks startled, and ready to respond to attack, at the unexpected Noise, but gives a chuckle and a guffaw at Carol's antics once he realizes what is going on. Rezzial peeks outside the interview room, presumably assessing that everything is okay, then returns.

Spoiler: Resonance on Mary Sherlock
    Show

Mary Sherlock, also known as Yugoria, was created about two hundred years ago as a Calabim of The War. She served faithfully in Hell for the first hundred and fifty years, fighting and training, and was then assigned as an underling to Bethrezen.

She enjoyed her service. Putting humans in their place, destroying things, having respect as serving a high-ranking Servitor. But over time, she began to emphasize with the humans. So many were just trying to make their place in the world, struggle and fight, similar to herself. And she saw some really working together, in a way that seemed they could both benefit instead of it being one putting the other selfishly under their foot. She saw it in the gangs she helped Bethrezen coordinate, and she then saw it in those just trying to raise families, humans she previously thought of us as pathetic chattel.

Realizing her feelings would mean destruction if discovered by Bethrezen or Baal, she approached Origenius and requested sanctuary. Yves redeemed her soon after, but her heart burned to save her fellow demons, show them the light she learned, and thus she was assigned to Metanoia.

Her relationships contain few deep ones. She has friends among the university students, but most are to maintain her role. She is thankful to Origenius as the one who put her in touch with Heaven. She is terrified of Bethrezen discovering her. Meguillel probably figures she is Yugoria, but he seems content to leave her alone; he shows up occasionally and teases her for info. She considers Ikorial a friend and hopes to find him again. She despises Judgement (and The Game) in principal, but didn't have a personal grudge until Fortisimos' execution of the Creationer. Mary had sheltered the Creationer for a few days, but after he was ready to leave town and head somewhere he hoped Eli might be--that's when he was found and killed.

[spoiler=ooc]missed that Carol wanted to talk to somebody]
    Carol and Mary find their way to the bar, almost taking the place of young Ramiel whom Carol teleported.

Jerechial gives a wry smile. His tone remains friendly. "So, two of Redemption causing trouble, eh? With a show of Noise and wasted essence, I admit I see how Lawrence finds you all a bit... off. You're welcome here, though. The intel Mary delivered was quite helpful. I'm hoping you prove a valuable resource to the War here in your own way." Polishing a glass, he adds, still affable, "But how 'bout no more teleporting my patrons."

Manakel, Judgement

At the mention of Baal, Medim pauses and gives thought, then a shrug.

"I suppose Bethrezen is considered the coordinator or protector of the more martial demons in town. It's definitely possible he's taken a more active hand in the gang. From what I've heard, he holds all humans with scorn and dislikes working directly with them. Considers it beneath him, Balsersaph scum that he is. But he could be giving orders to Fire."
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-01-13 at 12:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

RedKnightGirl

Post Re: [In Nomine] The City of Pentagram IC

Spoiler: Formatting
    Show
    I dislike how bulky quoting makes my posts, and I also dislike how my long posts (even without quoting) can be hard for anyone that just wants to casually scan to figure out if there's anything relevant to them. So I'm bolding locations so everyone finds things easier and it looks better.

At the Destiny Table,

Relief wafted off of Carol in waves when the Elohite of Destiny declined her offer to help against Fate. It was short-lived as the professor revealed that sorcerers could see celestial forms regardless of all the essence she spent sewing her role into the Symphony. She shook her head in quiet dismay. “Is there anything not scary about them?” she muttered before soothing herself with a large gulp.

----

Following the gaze of the newest addition at the Destiny table, Carol's youthful face frowned at noting Malcom's unease had obviously been teleported alongside everything else. She gently touched her wine glass to the shoulder of the blonde teen. While unsure what had happened between the two angels, she didn't want it ruining the rest of his evening at the Howitzer.

Sweetie, don't even worry about him, okay? He's busy talking to that actress dressed like a statue. And if anyone else tries to bother you, big brother Inian is right there.

She looked hopefully at the Ofanim of War, the request in her eyes to help Malcom settle in at their table obvious. Another sip at her drink, most of it all too gone, and off they went with a wave goodbye.

Strolling around,

Carol glanced admiringly at the nature table that had a cute robin chirping words away, an athletic park ranger, and the radiant flower that surely housed the finest angel there. She silently promised herself to make introductions to the kyriotate of Flowers soon, as the friendship between Metanoia and Novalis was renown. It wouldn't do for the newest Mercurian of Redemption not to put in an appearance. But while with Mary, Carol made sure they paused by the pinball machine, outside of anyone's attention.

“Mary, I know this isn't the quietest place, and we haven't really hung out much, but know you can talk with me about anything if you need, okay? Bethrezen or that Creationer or anything. I'll gladly listen if you want.

Aware that all Ofanim liked to keep moving, the Redemption duo finally made it over to the bar where the absent stool had once been. She smiled up at the grizzled barkeep before her.

Spoiler: no comment
    Show
    It's a boring idea. Nvm

At the Bar,

Carol leaned her right arm casually on the bar, tottering a little. “What party doesn't have a little noise? But – I would so be willing to keep it down if we could turn the music up. You must have a sound system, or maybe a smart phone and loud speakers. Let Mary here choose some songs, and you won't hear a peep from me all night. Deal?

The margarita was finally drained fully with a satisfied sigh. “Besides, I've brought together people that speak the same language,” the Mercurian slurred the odd word as she raised her now empty glass towards the two angels of War. “Started the first misadventures of Sinclaire and Sherlock.” The would-be journalist raised their linked hands and wiggled it mid-air in evidence before letting go. All this was before she nodded clumsily at the Seneschal of the Sword himself. “And brought joy in your very own Tether. If using essence to unite and delight is wrong, then I'm spiffy not being – right.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-01-14 at 02:14 PM. Reason: minor changes

27. - Top - End - #27

Inian barks out a laugh at Camael's sudden teleportation of Malcolm, but quickly recomposes himself and offers a hand to the younger looking man in greeting. "I'm Inian, like she said, though feel free to call me Adrian. You were...Ramiel, right? Don't think I've met many Cherubim following Michael before. How long have you been in the valley?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

At the Nature Table
    At the nature of a wolves' night out, the Malakite actually smiles wide. A bit, well, wolfish, but sincere. "That does sound fun." With a mischievous grin towards Daisy, teasing again at violence, "Perhaps a way to celebrate if we have to hunt servants of Fire."
    The robin bounces again, reorienting to look to the orange flower. "It wouldn't have to be a hunt," she assures the Seneschal of Flowers. "Though it could be! Or just if we want to run together. Whatever works! I think Gaspariel would come, too. He seems pretty accommodating. Medim's nice, too." A small sigh passes her beak. "But she probably can't turn into a wolf.

"Oh, hey, that reminds me!" Curious avian eyes turn back to the Malakim. "Who's the most honorable person here? Can you say? I bet it's one of the Seneschals. Is it one of the Seneschals? You don't have to say. I'm just curious." She chirrups self-deprecatingly. "It's not me!"

---

At the Bar, with Stone
    Medim shakes her head at questions of binding or summoning. "I don't think so. Though perhaps some geomancer could use it for such... Honestly, it seems a natural phenomenon, just a really unusual one that has unexplained celestial impacts. The leylines existed for... well, nobody knows how long. At least the California Gold Rush times, probably long before then."
    "Huh. Okay. It seems strange, is all. And something's happening now. You said it yourself. Energy's building up. Doesn't that make you wonder why?"

At the interruption of Judgment's questions, Medim and Gaspariel listen at her unrest but Gaspariel simply shrugs. "Abandonment... I feel content in serving David. I think that suffices for most Servitors."
    "Yeah, I think that's true for most of us. I just-" A quick bird headshake. "Him saying 'abandonment' ruffled my feathers the wrong way. Like Judging God! But that wasn't what he meant.

"I got a little angry," the robin huffs. "That's not great to do with Judgment. I'll have to remember to apologize later."

"Hey, if you don't mind, I should introduce myself to Destiny before things get going. If that's okay. If you need me, stone-me's right nearby."

---

At the Bar, with Judgment

"Whoa!" The statue's attention is instantly captured by Ramiel's miraculous departure -- stool and all! -- from the bar to the table with Destiny. She almost rises to stand, but settles as the young-seeming angel is made welcome by his new neighbors.

Two of their female compatriots leave that table to head to the bar, not far from where Ramiel had sat. Melektas waves as they pass, fluttering stone fingers in their direction.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Camael, Redemption

As they move through the bar, Mary gives a slight nod at Carol's offer of consoling talk.

---

Jerechial smiles and gives a hearty laugh at Carol's witty response. "Perhaps you are right, Camael. Ramiel could do with an older Michaelite talking with him. Kid was a reliever until not too long ago. And I guess it is reasonable for yours and Flowers and such to use essence like that.

But as to music... 'sides the jukebox, don't got much. My usuals aren't too into karaoke. Besides, I think I might should make an announcement to the room soon."

Inian, War

Ramiel nods. "Hi, Adrian. Yeah, I'm Ramiel, or Malcolm. Been here 14 years, but my vessel was a two-year-old when I first got it, so... not much eventful stuff early on. I was a reliever until about three years ago; found and killed a lilim, impressed Michael." Pride shows in the young man's face.

"My job's basically raising his vessel, same as before, but I've got a bit more freedom now. I admit, though, puberty is awful. But I've got a good life, and even if I don't keep this vessel once it's ready for whatever job Michael has in mind, I know I've done well forming a strong Role for His service."

"Um, that said, I am allowed to fight some if it's really needed. And I can keep my Role compromised. So, um, you had the chance to kill a number of demons?" There's an eagerness for stories of glory in the young angel's voice.

Melekas, Stone

With Flowers & Animals

Valufiel gives a bemused smile at the odd question. "I don't think it'd be fitting for me to answer. I haven't used my resonance on everyone here. Some, but not all. Humans have an odd sense of honor, and many angels follow that." He shakes his head, perhaps a little frustration showing, but one he's long accepted. "Everyone's Word and Choir impacts their sense of honor, and how it is honorable for us to serve. Though you are likely right that those chosen to serve as Seneschal best follow their honor."

He looks with a touch of disdain at the Triad as they leave. "Though Judgement, of course, seems to follow their senses strongly even to a Malakite. But Jordi states theirs is a necessary job, lest the corruptions of mankind and demons taint heaven."

Heading towards Destiny

Gaspariel gives Melektas a nod and Medim raises her beer in toast as the robin flies off towards the somewhat-crowded table.

The Seneschal of Destiny smiles and says, "Greetings. I gather you are one of the Dominations, yes?"

All

Jerechial gives a loud cough to clear his throat and draw the attention of the room. The Triad has gathered at one of the empty tables, so now everyone is looking towards the Seneschal. (Well, except Andreson, who seems distracted by a picture on the wall, but it seems such behavior is normal for him.)

"Alright, everyone," he says, "You've had some time to talk and meet the new celestials in town. That's good, since we're probably going to have to work together to tackle the problems that are coming.

I don't know -- it seems nobody, even our Superiors know -- exactly what's coming. But I think all of you have heard the rumors about Yves and Gabriel showing concern."

He pulls down a piece of paper that was rolled up on one of the walls. One of those things you might see in a meeting room or school room, to let people write things large. On it is written a curious script:
    Spoiler: Prophecy
    Show

A great change shall come when all the points of power manifest.
    Five new hopes or five new despairs.
    If Heaven triumphs, a healing unlike any ever known;
    if Hell, a fate unknown: a dark rebirth, a new Prince, or the fall of those who loved love.

The humans will give clues to the ebb and flow.
    On the day of rest, seek what they report of import.
    Within those lines will lay the clues to the future.

And, lo, dark Fire burns and strengthens the falling.
    It can be extinguished, or stolen, but I cannot see if Heaven has the might.
    Is there more to do with Fire than simply fight?

"Yves and Gabriel were talking, and she, uh, went into a trance and said this. Yves recorded it and passed it on to me, Daisy, and Origenius. Maybe Gabriel could have said more, but she snapped out it and started yelling about Belial's Tether and ran off." With a sigh, he continues, "A lot of the Archangels have already looked at it. They've got theories, but not much concrete. Lawrence recommended I keep it mostly quiet in case any of you have insights. Yves thinks those of you who are coming in response to the changes, that you'll be key to the Destiny or Fate of this area.

But as for what does seem concrete... The "day of rest", the sabbath, considered Sunday now. "Report of import" "within those lines"... Yves and Litheroy think it might be the Sunday newspaper headlines. Could be mistaken, but I trust their insights.
    It's Sunday today, and I've got a stack of newspapers there in the corner. If something catches your interest, I guess it's worth investigating.

As for the rest, I don't know. Five somethings, Destiny, Fate. Obviously Fire is trouble. Lawrence and Michael are pushing to escalate the War in this city. So far the Seraphim Council wants to keep things quiet. I'm still coordinating the War efforts here, so I'm telling you to keep things quiet. Not saying you can't kill a demon or Soldier if you run into them, but we're not to escalate the War without permission, I'm sad to say.

That last part Gabriel said, about Fire, makes me nervous. But it doesn't explicitly say we can't extinguish it by fighting it."

Spoiler: Newspaper Headlines, Sunday, Feb. 1
    Show

Socialite and club-owner Madison Rourke has announced her annual charity dinner, planned for one month from today. Prices start at $1000 a plate.
    In related news, she has filed a libel case against a local news agency that did an expose on underage drinking, drug use, and mafia ties. From initial investigations, it appears most if not all the accusations were unfounded, by a jilted ex-boyfriend.

Local high school student Jason Mathers (age 17) gained national recognition as his painting “Dark Sunrise” was placed in a New York gallery. Jason has recently won many local art competitions and been placed in local galleries, but this is his first profound placement.

Reports of illegal gambling and street fighting have been reported in the old gravel pits and mines. The chief of police has stated that the illegal activity is a concern, but his forces are hard-pressed handling the gang violence in the downtown district. They don’t have time to squash illegal gambling and fighting, especially as there is little evidence for convictions. (Any evidence can be submitted to the police department.)
    With relation to the gang violence: residents near downtown are advised to stay indoors at night and be certain to look doors and windows.

Due to an unexpected cancellation, the traveling foodie show Man vs. Food aired an episode at one of our own local restaurants Saturday, January 31st. It had been booked for Los Angeles, but that location cancelled and our own site managed to get the airtime. Poppy’s Diner, a newly-started “upscale fast food chain with memories of the 50s and 60s”, tested its 5-pound Big Burger (“if you can finish it all, the meal’s on us”) against the show’s host. He managed to eat it all.

A sad day for the children at the local hospital. A bakery had donated a hundred cupcakes and other treats to make a cheerful day for hospitalized children in our area. The engine of the delivery truck caught fire. Nobody was injured, but the food was ruined. Although plans were made to send follow-up treats, it was definitely a let-down for many who were looking forward to this day.

Spoiler: ooc to all
    Show

Feel free to continue the side conversations, but this is the plot point to distribute plot hooks. It is fine and expected if not all of them are investigated.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

As soon as Jerechial finishes speaking, Manakel leaps from his stool to grab a newspaper and rushes back, slapping the paper on the counter and whipping out his notepad. He reads the headlines multiple times and writes down his thoughts in a messy but legible script.

Club owner- Seneschal of Lust Tether? Possible manipulation of media. Medium priority.

Adolescent's painting hung in professional art gallery. Significance unclear, requires further investigation.

Illegal fight club in gravel pit- possible recruitment ground for forces of Hell. Must be shut down regardless.

Diner or show possibly related to Gluttony, low priority.

Bakery truck breaking down likely unrelated to Celestial activity. Minimal priority.

Last line of prophecy asks whether there is more to do with Fire than fight. Possible vulnerability to Redemption? Redemption or Flowers might be "those who loved love." Caution warranted.