New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Blustery Hearts {HSHC} IC

Episode One

It is Saturday. Not just any Saturday, but the Saturday where you begin your college adventures!

You have all, for one reason or another, chosen to attend the University of Illinois. The campus, situated in the West Side of Chicago, just a couple minutes walk from the Loop, is a vibrant place. And because it is the official move in weekend, it is extremely busy.

It is recommended to all students that they head to the Student Union for an orientation session before they head to the dormitories for their room assignments. You are amazed at how many kids there are, all of them incoming freshmen like yourselves. There are boys and girls of all walks of life, appropriate for the cultural center Chicago is. Girls who meet your eye, boys who stare open-mouthed at some of the girls (and guys) they see.

As you are walking inside the Union building, you hear a click-click-click.

Turning to see the source of the sound, you see a girl playing with a Zippo lighter. She is flicking the lid open and closed, and each motion makes one of the clicking sounds.

Her hair is such a deep purple it is almost black, She is wearing a green army-style jacket.

Her jeans are tucked into stylized boots, with a zipper running up the side and four straps and buckles for decoration.

Then she goes off, and you lose her in the crowd.

Maybe you'll see her again. Especially if she is a student. But in the meantime, there are things to do, people to meet, and things to move.

Spoiler: Scene 1
    Show
    Unopposed roll.

Choose your roll type against D6. Success gains 1VP.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2022-04-18 at 03:02 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Blustery Hearts {HSHC} IC

Among the crowd a girl dressed in flashy Ninja clothes pranced around sticking out like a sore thumb, most people gives her a weird look but that didn't bothered her, she stands at 5'6 feet and is fair skinned with an athletic and fairly voluptuous body and a decent sized bust, she has very long green hair and orange eyes.

She spot the dark haired girl with the lighter and that catches her attention immediately yet she quickly disappeared, just what technique she used?

"Come on Kisekimaru show me the way to go..." Muttered the girl as she produces a toy looking compass which spins at no clear direction as if broken.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Skill to navigate through the people and search the mysterious girl, +1 from strong roll and +1 from using a named object from naming flair for a total of... +2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Answer caught a glance of this girl and her hair and her attitude.
    All of a sudden, nothing was more important than finding this woman and arranging a time to meet up and make out until they decided to do more.

"Hey, move it," she thought about physically shoving the people who weren't quick enough in getting out of her way as she searched for this incredibly alluring lady... then decided not to.

Yes, Answer. A wonderful start to your year. Shoving people before orientation. No, hold yourself down to yelling.

"Hey! With the purple hair!" She called out. "Hold up a second!"
    She frowned. Well, everyone's going to orientation. Let's work our way that way.

"Come on people, move into the building or outta my way!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Strong Conflict, and Competitive Spirit for +1, I want to get the crowd to let me through. +2, decided against pushing them for a +4.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

That's when a family of pod people started strolling up to the Union Building.

Cause one girl is walking a trolley with a few boxes, she has blue eyes behind glasses, pink hair and an absolutely bewitching figure. Next to her, is her identical twin? The only difference being no glasses and her hair isn't in a ponytail.

On her other side is, if you didn't know better you'd swear it's her from say ten years in the future. Behind the three comes a 5 more girls, with a variety of hair colors, and eye colors in progressively younger bodies. The startling part is just how much their facial features look alike, and how much their body is just a shrunken down version of the girl in front.

"You know, hun. You don't need to get a dorm here, you can always stay at the manor." The future girl starts with the tone of having had this discussion before.

I mean it might be nice, to live with people that aren't my palette swaps. The girl in front snarks, to a generalized grumbling of "Don't call us palette swaps!"

"C'mon Jasmine, at least promise to visit us on the weekends." The twin? says tapping her foot.

Might be hard to visit you in France, but I'll come to the manor as much as my classes allow. She pulls the girls into a big group hug.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's say Jasmine is making an introduction to the student body.

Strong allure, School queen, Moe enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #5

Samantha uses her height to keep an eye on the purple-haired girl. That is, until one of her high school... Call him an acquaintance, to be polite, makes himself known.

"Hey!" he opens with, before following the greeting with some choice cusses. "Didn't you flunk out?" he sneers.

She rolls her eyes. "Not the time, Derek," she tells him. "Bump off before you do something stupid, like always."

He sidles up, with a small gang of goons-all guys, three slightly shorter than him, one slightly taller. "I ain't afraid of you, you-" he starts again.

Without breaking a sweat, Samantha grabs his hand and pulls it up. She keeps it going, until he's on his tip-toes, trying to wriggle out. "Boy howdy, are you as short of memory as you are stupid? I literally busted your ass for peeping on the cheerleaders right before graduation."

"You... You were-ack!" he tries to get out as she bends his fingers back.

"You got new mooks-so let them know what'll happen if I actually get angry, okay? As a favor to me," she says, her voice dripping in mock sweetness.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Strong Conflict +1
    Bruiser +2
    Fearsome Reputation +2
    Violence Is Always The Answer +1
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alaize-chan View Post
    Among the crowd a girl dressed in flashy Ninja clothes pranced around sticking out like a sore thumb, most people gives her a weird look but that didn't bothered her, she stands at 5'6 feet and is fair skinned with an athletic and fairly voluptuous body and a decent sized bust, she has very long green hair and orange eyes.

She spot the dark haired girl with the lighter and that catches her attention immediately yet she quickly disappeared, just what technique she used?

"Come on Kisekimaru show me the way to go..." Muttered the girl as she produces a toy looking compass which spins at no clear direction as if broken.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Skill to navigate through the people and search the mysterious girl, +1 from strong roll and +1 from using a named object from naming flair for a total of... +2
    There she is. Sitting at a table, reading something from the welcome packet.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    That's when a family of pod people started strolling up to the Union Building.

Cause one girl is walking a trolley with a few boxes, she has blue eyes behind glasses, pink hair and an absolutely bewitching figure. Next to her, is her identical twin? The only difference being no glasses and her hair isn't in a ponytail.

On her other side is, if you didn't know better you'd swear it's her from say ten years in the future. Behind the three comes a 5 more girls, with a variety of hair colors, and eye colors in progressively younger bodies. The startling part is just how much their facial features look alike, and how much their body is just a shrunken down version of the girl in front.

"You know, hun. You don't need to get a dorm here, you can always stay at the manor." The future girl starts with the tone of having had this discussion before.

I mean it might be nice, to live with people that aren't my palette swaps. The girl in front snarks, to a generalized grumbling of "Don't call us palette swaps!"

"C'mon Jasmine, at least promise to visit us on the weekends." The twin? says tapping her foot.

Might be hard to visit you in France, but I'll come to the manor as much as my classes allow. She pulls the girls into a big group hug.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's say Jasmine is making an introduction to the student body.

Strong allure, School queen, Moe enthusiast
    "I mean, did any of you actually read any of the stuff the university sent out?" One of the girls in the middle of the pack says. "Freshmen are all required to live on campus. No exceptions."

And that was when a purple haired girl walked past. And the girl with baby blue hair turns her head to watch her go by. "And who would want to miss out on that?"

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Samantha uses her height to keep an eye on the purple-haired girl. That is, until one of her high school... Call him an acquaintance, to be polite, makes himself known.

"Hey!" he opens with, before following the greeting with some choice cusses. "Didn't you flunk out?" he sneers.

She rolls her eyes. "Not the time, Derek," she tells him. "Bump off before you do something stupid, like always."

He sidles up, with a small gang of goons-all guys, three slightly shorter than him, one slightly taller. "I ain't afraid of you, you-" he starts again.

Without breaking a sweat, Samantha grabs his hand and pulls it up. She keeps it going, until he's on his tip-toes, trying to wriggle out. "Boy howdy, are you as short of memory as you are stupid? I literally busted your ass for peeping on the cheerleaders right before graduation."

"You... You were-ack!" he tries to get out as she bends his fingers back.

"You got new mooks-so let them know what'll happen if I actually get angry, okay? As a favor to me," she says, her voice dripping in mock sweetness.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Strong Conflict +1
    Bruiser +2
    Fearsome Reputation +2
    Violence Is Always The Answer +1
    There is a hand suddenly on your wrist.

"Hey now, no need for violence," the voice belongs to a slightly older person. An older student. An RA or a postgrad, maybe? Either way, he nods his toward the center of the Union building. "C'mon. Let's get you set up, and you can show everyone, pardon the pun here, but you'll show them you really are the bigger person. Huh? What do you say?"

Looking in the dierection he nods, you see the purple haired girl sitting at a table, drinking a coffee and reading from her packet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Answer caught a glance of this girl and her hair and her attitude.
    All of a sudden, nothing was more important than finding this woman and arranging a time to meet up and make out until they decided to do more.

"Hey, move it," she thought about physically shoving the people who weren't quick enough in getting out of her way as she searched for this incredibly alluring lady... then decided not to.

Yes, Answer. A wonderful start to your year. Shoving people before orientation. No, hold yourself down to yelling.

"Hey! With the purple hair!" She called out. "Hold up a second!"
    She frowned. Well, everyone's going to orientation. Let's work our way that way.

"Come on people, move into the building or outta my way!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Strong Conflict, and Competitive Spirit for +1, I want to get the crowd to let me through. +2, decided against pushing them for a +4.
    People just do not seem interested in moving out of the way. Maybe there is just too many for it to be effective. But you finally get inside. Where you realize you lost track of who you were looking for. Great start.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"...Guh, whatever," Answer muttered. She decided to get over her feelings by going up to a random hot girl.
    "Hey, this place is boring. Wanna make out until something actually happens?" She requested, grinning right at her fellow underclasswoman.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #8

Jasmine immediately looks over the woman, and immediately shamefully has her gaze drop to check out her chest, but... even if she sees nothing. She's cute. She thought internally, before turning to move and boop the baby blue girl's nose.

And You. She grins Are at least 4 years too young. She says with a smug grin. Or well, technically 2 years too young. If Sarah wanted to make a move. To which the redhead of the group made a mild noise of distaste. She'd certainly...... well wouldn't have my blessing, but I wouldn't be telling her she's too young.

I mean when I was your age I was still struggling with my sexuality. She says starting to follow the purple haired girl, grinning as she puts on a faux old lady's voice. You shouldn't be dating college girls. How about a nice high school freshie girl, or sophomore. She says intruding on her sister's dating life.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"...Guh, whatever," Answer muttered. She decided to get over her feelings by going up to a random hot girl.
    "Hey, this place is boring. Wanna make out until something actually happens?" She requested, grinning right at her fellow underclasswoman.
    The girl looks shocked. "Buh-But I don't know you. And I'm straight. Sorry!"

Jasmine immediately looks over the woman, and immediately shamefully has her gaze drop to check out her chest, but... even if she sees nothing. She's cute. She thought internally, before turning to move and boop the baby blue girl's nose.

And You. She grins Are at least 4 years too young. She says with a smug grin. Or well, technically 2 years too young. If Sarah wanted to make a move. To which the redhead of the group made a mild noise of distaste. She'd certainly...... well wouldn't have my blessing, but I wouldn't be telling her she's too young.

I mean when I was your age I was still struggling with my sexuality. She says starting to follow the purple haired girl, grinning as she puts on a faux old lady's voice. You shouldn't be dating college girls. How about a nice high school freshie girl, or sophomore. She says intruding on her sister's dating life.
    "Hey! Just 'cause I can't date them doesn't mean I can't point them out!"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #10

You do have good taste. Usually crushing on the girls I like. Jasmine teases rubbing the top of her sister's head.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Linette approached the girl with dignity and enthusiasm but then she realized the presence of the other girls and decided that just walk isn't the best approach, LG course not, she is a Kunoichi, trained in ancient techniques that no one else knows today, if she wants to succeed she must strike from the shadows as is befitting of a true Ninja.

She quickly made some weird gestures with her hands and ran away making a big turnabout to the table where the girl in question is, sure everyone can clearly see what she's doing but most people don't seem to care yet some seem genuinely dumbfounded, somehow the pretty girl at the table is too into what she is reading that she remained oblivious to the delusional teen shenanigans until...

"Not so fast..!" announced Linette as she apparently appears out of nowhere in a puff of red smoke from a smoke bomb that produced from a secret pocket in her costume.

"In the name of justice and for the sake of my clan I'm the kunoichi Linette Carmineeeeeeee!" and that was her way of introducing herself to all the other girls and don't forget that she's doing a rather embarrassing pose as she does so, captain Ginyu would be proud of he weren't a toad now or actually exist... some people however seems annoyed by the smoke and gives her some glares.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

You do have good taste. Usually crushing on the girls I like. Jasmine teases rubbing the top of her sister's head.
    “Ah! Hey! Gerroff me!”

“Anyway,” says mother. “We really should get going. We don’t need to completely embarrass you all day…”

Linette approached the girl with dignity and enthusiasm but then she realized the presence of the other girls and decided that just walk isn't the best approach, LG course not, she is a Kunoichi, trained in ancient techniques that no one else knows today, if she wants to succeed she must strike from the shadows as is befitting of a true Ninja.

She quickly made some weird gestures with her hands and ran away making a big turnabout to the table where the girl in question is, sure everyone can clearly see what she's doing but most people don't seem to care yet some seem genuinely dumbfounded, somehow the pretty girl at the table is too into what she is reading that she remained oblivious to the delusional teen shenanigans until...

"Not so fast..!" announced Linette as she apparently appears out of nowhere in a puff of red smoke from a smoke bomb that produced from a secret pocket in her costume.

"In the name of justice and for the sake of my clan I'm the kunoichi Linette Carmineeeeeeee!" and that was her way of introducing herself to all the other girls and don't forget that she's doing a rather embarrassing pose as she does so, captain Ginyu would be proud of he weren't a toad now or actually exist... some people however seems annoyed by the smoke and gives her some glares.
    The girl coughs as she waves the smoke away from her face.

You do know that most people do not like having smoke bombs explode on their face, right, DW?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #13

You could never embarrass me, but I suppose Jessica here, has a plane to catch~ Jasmine hugs her twin tight.

Talk to you all tonight, love you!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"I'm really sorry about that but it can't be helped that's the way of the ninja... Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself to you, I had a hunch that you may be the one I've been looking for..." said the green haired girl in an enigmatic and tantalizing tone trying to monopolize the attention of the girl, she gives the other girls a quick glance but was almost immediately intimidated by the sheer size of Samantha and Jasmine...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Bah..." this was not a good start to the year. Answer glanced around a few more times for the purple-haired girl, her thoughts mostly on the talky guy showing up or something so they could finally be done with orientation.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

You could never embarrass me, but I suppose Jessica here, has a plane to catch~ Jasmine hugs her twin tight.

Talk to you all tonight, love you!
    You head inside. There, banners welcoming everyone to the start of the term, the start of their college journeys, the start of, well, everything, are hung everywhere. There are tables full of all kinds of information. One of them has a huge sign on it saying START HERE. This turns out to have the welcome packet and maps of the campus and surrounding areas of Chicago.

And you just manage to get a glimpse of the girl who was pointed out to you by your sister earlier. She is siting at a table reading her packet. She also seems to have found somewhere to get coffee, because she is drinking one of them as well.

"I'm really sorry about that but it can't be helped that's the way of the ninja... Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself to you, I had a hunch that you may be the one I've been looking for..." said the green haired girl in an enigmatic and tantalizing tone trying to monopolize the attention of the girl, she gives the other girls a quick glance but was almost immediately intimidated by the sheer size of Samantha and Jasmine...
    Uh-huh. Ninja. Oh, I see. the girl says flatly. For future reference. Try just starting a conversation? Makes potential romancing go more smoothly when your partner doesn't have to worry about who the hell smoke bombs people to get their attention.

"Bah..." this was not a good start to the year. Answer glanced around a few more times for the purple-haired girl, her thoughts mostly on the talky guy showing up or something so they could finally be done with orientation.
    As you go inside, you find it ridiculously easy to find the girl. Because there is a lingering haze of red smoke still drifting slowly into the air above her. As well as a girl dressed in what appears to be something from a Power Rangers television show.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Answer marched right up to the purple haired girl with as little subtlety as possible.
    "Sorry, hate to interrupt," she said, not caring at all if she was interrupting.
    "I'm Answer and you look... gorgeous. Any chance I could get your name?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

As you approach the girl and see her face, there is something about it that you can't seem to place. But at your words, her face lights up with a smile.

Thank you. Name's Kara. Wanna step outside? I need a little fresh air after DW here decided to get dangerous.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Absolutely," Answer returned her smile and started to clear a path for them both.

"And if some of that smoke stuff got into your coffee I'd be happy to get you another one."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Samantha shrugs, and drops Derek's hand. "Yeah, okay," she says, and follows.

When she gets to the table, she pulls a chair out and sits on it backwards, leaning on top of the back of it. "So what's with the assembling here? Is the ninja in charge, or is she just the muscle?" she asks with a small chuckle.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Hello girls, my name is Jasmine She beams warmly waving as she greets the group of girls.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Well. This is awkward, Kara says, as she begins standing.

I was just leaving DW and the smoke here behind to step outside. I mean, I guess you're welcome to come along but...

She lifts a pack of cigarettes up so everyone can see them as she finishes standing up.

I know not everyone is a fan, so I understand if you want to just stay here.

She pushes her chair in. So, yeah. Bye, I guess? Unless you're coming along. But whatever.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #23

"Nice to meet ya, Jasmine," Samantha says. "I'll tag along with the ninja-she seems cool. So, shinobi-where to?"

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Answer went with Kara, though she lingered a second to wink at Jasmine.

"I don't smoke tobacco," she said. "But I am new to Chicago, so if you know a plug for MJ I'd appreciate being put in touch."

She found a quiet-ish spot to lean against a wall.
    "I'm also looking for a gym buddy, if you're interested."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-04-19 at 11:07 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Okay, noted that down but don't worry I didn't add your name otherwise who knows what would happen... Anyways, I don't smoke but... My lungs are immune to all kind of poisons, and... I'd like to tag along if that's okay, I mean..." Said the Ninja who seems adamant about tagging along with Kara despite the circumstances.

"And nice to meet you Jasmine! You look rather nice if I say so myself teheee~" Adds Linette who finds much less intimidating than answer or Samantha but she can't help but give a glare at the pink haired girl's proportions which leaves her own in utter Shame but she felt no enmity just some Envy and who wouldn't?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Kara hugs the wall next to you, propping a boot up on the wall as she puts a cigarette between her lips.

I don’t know any dealers myself, she says, as she flips open her zippo. She snaps her finger over the lighter and it ignites.

But this is college, right? There’s bound to be a couple.

She lights her smoke and takes a drag, casually flipping her lighter closed.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #27

"Smoking kills, you know," Samantha says. "Why'd you start it, anyway?" Her tone is one of genuine curiosity and concern, not of judgement.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Kara takes another drag off the cigarette. So does a lot of other shit I’ve been through. This was a safer alternative.

And a safer escape…

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #29

Samantha frowns. "I ain't gonna pry. Don't know you well enough yet. But... Listen, I'm here for you if you want someone to talk to. Just as a friend. I don't judge, really, but I hate seeing anyone sad-'less they REALLY deserve it, like Derek. If you don't want to talk to me, I get it-big scary amazon lady. But, you know... Find someone, okay? Talk to someone about whatever you need help with."

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Kara's chest puffs out and she flicks the cigarette away. I ain't no charity case.

She pushes herself off the wall. I've gotten this far, and I don't need anybody to help me with nothing. Got it?

She starts walking away.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!