New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,025 of 1025
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Things You Never Noticed VII: Wait, This Isnt the MitD Thread?

Personally I always thought it was kind of funny/apt that DCF - the only book to take place entirely in a dungeon - was also the only book without a dragon.

Unfortunately Utterly Dwarfed broke the pattern, unless I'm also forgetting something. (Oona's yrthak actually strikes me as more of the 'closest thing we got' than the Giant Death Worm, TBH).
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    Realization: We actually know why Roy had Delay Poison and Shillelagh oil on hand: The gender-changing belt incident. Those two would have solved that situation perfectly: Delay Poison would, obviously, have allowed him to keep Elan alive. And with that time, he could have used the Shillelagh oil to convert that mop into a +1 Huge Quarterstaff with which he could easily fight his way out. Presumably, he wanted to be prepared in case.
    This is really insightful. In fact, looking back at the strip, Roy is even saying "Maybe I can turn that mop into an improvised quarterstaff..." when Elan is hit with the poisoned shuriken. So, he does indeed eventually find a way to do it.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

This was probably already noticed, but in panel 8 of strip #330 (not allowed to post links yet, sorry!) the Oracle mentions that Elan and Roy are "running late for a pair of family reunions," which could foreshadows them meeting Julia and Nale in Cliffport, but it could also be about Elan meeting his father and Roy dying, events that I think qualify more as family reunions, because it's not just one member of their families they meet (Elan meets Tarquin and Nale, Roy meets his grandfather, mother, father, and younger brother).

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zpyo View Post
    This was probably already noticed, but in panel 8 of strip #330 (not allowed to post links yet, sorry!) the Oracle mentions that Elan and Roy are "running late for a pair of family reunions," which could foreshadows them meeting Julia and Nale in Cliffport, but it could also be about Elan meeting his father and Roy dying, events that I think qualify more as family reunions, because it's not just one member of their families they meet (Elan meets Tarquin and Nale, Roy meets his grandfather, mother, father, and younger brother).
    Could be, true. I believe Rich's intention was to refer to the Cliffport meeting, though. Still, neat detail.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zpyo View Post
    They wouldn't be "running late" for those though, since those happen days/months later.