New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Welcome to twenty-fourth GitP thread for Hearthstone. For anyone who doesn't know, Hearthstone is a video card game from Blizzard, based on the Warcraft series. The game is free to play and available here, so if you're interested, give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose but your free time.

For new players, something to be aware of is that there are a number of hidden "quests" you can complete which will give you free gold, dust, or even a pack. A complete list can be found here. Be aware that not quite all of those are ones you'll be able to complete quickly though.

And here is a list of Playgrounders currently in the game, for both NA and EU servers:
    Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    GitP Username Battle.net ID (US)
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    Geno9999 Geno9999#1674
    Gluteus_Maximus RubiksCube#11427
    Hamste Theorules#1234
    Kish Grazzt#1417
    Lord Raziere Trizap#1729
    Nerocite JoeKage#1852
    otakuryoga Scootaloo#1471
    Rodin Rodin#1811
    Seerow Oshi#1354
    Stevesciguy Stevesciguy#1442
    TheGlyphstone Glyphstone#1419
    Thranatar Thrantar#1416
    Yael Urashima#1810
    Zevox Zevox#1522

GitP Username Battle.net ID (EU)
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958

Spoiler: Old Lists, include no longer active players.
    Show
    GitP Username Battle.net ID (US)
    aethernox ethernox#1948
    AgentPaper AgentPaper#1193
    AmberVael AmberVael#1225
    Anarion Anarion55#1254
    Antonok Antonok#1704
    Anxe GoCorral#1879
    Baelot Baelot#1149
    Cogwheel OmegaNixon#1123
    banthesun banthesun#1782
    Dancing Owlbear Owlbear#1586
    Destro Yersul DestroYersul#1239
    D_Lord Volrock#1367
    Duck999 Duck999#1349
    Duos DoctorDapper#1491
    Firedaemon33 Firedaemon#1486
    flat_footed Hiigara#1357
    Fleeing Coward Scorch#1432
    GAAD GAAD#1126
    Gaelbert SamHouston#1563
    Gamerlord Gamerlord#1612
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    Ganorenas Ganorenas#1457
    Gluteus_Maximus RubiksCube#11427
    Gomipile Glodd#1784
    Gray Mage GrayMage#1723
    Grytorm Grytorm#1777
    Hamste Theorules#1234
    Haruspex_Pariah HaruspexPari#1254
    Hatevah Hatevah#1405
    heronbpv Avan#1991
    Hircine IllusiveMan#1616
    Jaxzan Proditor Jaxzan#1878
    jindra34 JinRia #1770
    Johnjimco JohnJimco#1482
    Karoht Karoht#1505
    Kish Grazzt#1417
    Krade Krade#1266
    LegoShrimp legoshrimp#1722
    Landis963 Landis963#1789
    Loreweaver15 Loreweaver#1199
    Lunix Vandal LunixVandal#1952
    MacGiolla MacGiolla#1982
    MathMage MathMage#1797
    MCerberus MCerberus#1734
    mistformsquirrl mistformsqrl#1430
    moosabi Moossabi#1325
    Mystic Muse NSFJunkblade#1400
    Neon Knight VultureCrook#1434
    Neriractor neriractor#1483
    Nerocite JoeKage#1852
    nhbdy Nohbdy#1927
    Olinser Olinser#1393
    Onionbreath GiantSquid#1845
    OrcusMcP Orcus#1805
    otakuryoga Scootaloo#1471
    Pokonic pokonic#1166
    PsyBomb PsyBomb#1878
    Qwertystop Qwertystop#1897
    r2d2go r2d2go#1262
    Rodin Rodin#1811
    Rosstin Rosstin#1609
    SamBurke SamBurke#1486
    Seerow Oshi#1354
    Shishnarfne Gruschenka#1375
    Sholos Veebeebee#1383
    Stabbity Rabbit StabityRabit#1362
    Techwarrior Techwarri0r#1572
    Temotei Temotei#1507
    Tesla_pasta teslapasta#1973
    Thanatos 51-50 Thanatos5150#1407
    TheGlyphstone Glyphstone#1419
    The Hellbug thehellbug#1216
    The_Jackal TheJackal#1499
    Thranatar Thrantar#1416
    Togarth Asparag#1680
    Trouble Brewing HairyPoppins#1949
    UserClone UserClone #1545
    Volatar Volatar#1750
    Yael Urashima#1810
    Yana Raltis#1807
    ZeroNumerous ZeroNumerous#1913
    Zevox Zevox#1522
    Zmek JadeReaver #1783

GitP Username Battle.net ID (EU)
    Adumbration Adumbration#2419
    Aran Thule AranThule#2780
    Avaris Avaris#2378
    Avilan the Grey Beardedgeek#2355
    Beelzebub1111 SirArthurIV#1244
    boomwolf BoomWolf#1169
    Dada Scrattlebear#2863
    D-naras Dinos #2811
    Epinephrine_Syn SilverSeraph #2931
    Fleeing Coward Scorch#1432
    Frog Dragon Vasemmasti#2618
    FyreByrd FyreByrd#2962
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    GolemsVoice CrazyCat#29897
    Hewhosaysfish HeWhoSezFish#2503
    Hippie_Viking HippieViking#2866
    Infernally Clay Winny#1904
    Jormengand Trianna#2529
    Lionheart Lionheart#2440
    Mr.Silver SilverSmiles#2462
    Murmaider Murmaider#2273
    Posca Mazura#2636
    Raddish Raddish#2730
    ScionoftheVoid JayPsi#2775
    ShinyRocks MoodyTuskarr#2790
    Sian Sian#2690
    Silfir Silfir#2863
    SlyGuyMcFly SlGuyMcFly#2562
    Tokay Tokay#2518
    Tome Taejix#2836
    Volthawk Volthawk#1214
    Weimann Weimann#2716
    Wraith Illusionist#2224
    Xiander Xiander#2814

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Man, I just love random brawls. You know what's really fun? Having one of your minions cast Dinomancy, rendering you without a hero power, while your opponent's minions cast Luna's Pocket Galaxy to make sure that their Bwomsandi and randomly cast Book of Spectres and Small Time Recruits are extra valuable.
    Speaking as someone who had two games in a row where one of his first minions dropped cast Cataclysm, I feel your pain. Definitely a one-and-done Brawl for me.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-01-05 at 10:36 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

I just had the most disgusting tavern brawl. I really wish I knew how to screen shot mobile to have a record of it.

Turn one I play something, opponent plays something else and gets plague of flame, we both have clear boards now.

Turn two I drop kadgar. The spell that procs? Call of the wild.

That was turn 2 12 damage to face and 34/22 of stats on the board.

Opponent plays their next card, gets a rolling fireball which actually wipes out both huffers and kadgar, in any other situation it would be an awesome turn 3 roll. But it just was not enough. He conceded after.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Speaking as someone who had two games in a row where one of his first minions dropped cast Cataclysm, I feel your pain. Definitely a one-and-done Brawl for me.
    Oof, yeah, that's pretty bad. My win this week was because my opponent got Cataclysmed really early on and conceded. I only played more because I had a daily quest

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm really, really enjoying Quest Rez Priest

Does this make me the baddie?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    I'm really, really enjoying Quest Rez Priest

Does this make me the baddie?
    The absolute worst.

I don't actually mind quest rez priest though. I find that the best counter to it is to do nothing and wait for the deck to run out of minions. If the priest has nothing to heal, they can't complete the quest.
    It's actually the best deck I can fight against with my quest dragon mage deck. Especially if I manage to pull the Malygos polymorphs.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Iksar's already mentioned that a new balance patch is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iksar
    Planning another balance patch. Will share some more information next week as we solidify. Some of the Galakrond decks are just a touch more powerful than they need to be to be successful. Also contemplating light changes to non-Galakrond archetypes like Pirate War and DR Rogue.

Also planning on some small hero balance tweaks for Battlegrounds in the same patch. Battlegrounds has a bunch of plans for cards, heroes, and balance over the next 2-3 months.
    Someone suggested in the Twitter thread that they remove or nerf the Claw on a fully Invoked Galakrond and that seems good. The other I would think about for Shaman (the only deck I really play atm) is to nerf the Freeze Invoke spell to 2 mana; the Zentimo/Elektra makes it too easy to multiple invoke.

Also, Iksar had a breakdown of November Ranks (with at least 1 game played) and all players above rank 25.

Rank 25-15: 63% of players
    Rank 15-10: 19% of players
    Rank 10-5: 12% of players
    Rank 5-1: 6% of players
    Legend: 0.3% of players
    Last edited by Joran; 2020-01-06 at 03:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

...Galakrond decks, plural? The only Galakrond I feel like I even see much at this point is the Warrior one, and that one hardly feels overbearing. I guess Shaman's still around, but not nearly so prevalent or powerful as it was before.

Wouldn't mind a nerf or two targeted at Deathrattle Rogue or Pirate Warrior personally, though the former has definitely dropped off in popularity already anyway. Guess people playing it got sick of games where they don't draw Apothecary. Still, the things it can do with that card when they do draw it in a decent timeframe are utterly unreasonable, so if they address that, cool.

Also, Battlegrounds changes would be nice for sure. It's in better shape now than when it was "all Murlocs, all the time," but it would be nice to see something bring a little more variety back, since right now it's basically Mechs (Cobalt & Egg-based) vs Demons (Watcher & Wrath Weaver-based), with only occasional Beast builds or someone who manages to high-roll Murlocs. Would be nice to see them do something to make Menagerie a thing again, the combined hits of Lightfang's nerf and, especially, Amalgam's removal really killed that build style.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-01-06 at 05:26 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm willing to bet on the Claw getting nerfed, makes Warrior and Shaman Galakronds a little less scary for control decks. Though from experience, Non-Shaman Galakrond rarely hits play fully invoked: he's either as an emergency 5 armor gain with a Tempo swing, or you don't see him at all because the deck beat you over the head otherwise.

Pirate Warrior I feel is in a good place, not overpowered at all. *hurried hiding of the large pirate band* If I had to bring a card down a peg though, it would be Ancharr, either it goes up to 4 mana or loses a durability (to 2/2.) It has the highest Winrate when kept in mulligan, drawn, and second highest in played (Leeroy is in first for that, but he's often played for lethal), and it's entirely because of the sheer power of drawing minions in a aggro deck. Making it later or rely more on Upgrade and Greenskin gives other decks a bit more of a chance to weather the pirate barrage.
    Other cards that could get nerfed (though I feel are secondary and probably unnecessary if Ancharr gets nerfed) are Skybarge and Parachute Brigand. Skybarge is actually kind of awkward to play already (which is why it's replaced by the older Ship's Cannon in Wild,) but I can also see it get knocked to 2/4. Brigand to a 1/2 because of how easy it is to swarm the board and establish an early lead that gets even worse when followed up with Southsea Captain.

Deathrattle Rogue is easy, just nerf Apothecary. Might not be a top tier deck, but it definitely a feel bad to play against deck.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

...Galakrond decks, plural? The only Galakrond I feel like I even see much at this point is the Warrior one, and that one hardly feels overbearing. I guess Shaman's still around, but not nearly so prevalent or powerful as it was before.

Wouldn't mind a nerf or two targeted at Deathrattle Rogue or Pirate Warrior personally, though the former has definitely dropped off in popularity already anyway. Guess people playing it got sick of games where they don't draw Apothecary. Still, the things it can do with that card when they do draw it in a decent timeframe are utterly unreasonable, so if they address that, cool.
    Galakrond Zoo sees a fair bit of play and seems decently strong, but Warrior/Shaman are definitely the big ones. Galakrond Rogue can highroll pretty hard, but is pretty inconsistent. It's too bad they never released one for Priest ;)

I play a lot of Galakrond Shaman; the new Zentimo/Spirit of the Frog build is really powerful and destroys the decks I hate: Deathrattle Rogue and Resurrect Priest.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I hope they don't nerf Galazoo. I haven't played much of it but in terms of Hero Power at least, it's my favorite Galakrond, and I think it's by far the most fair of them, with good but not unbalanced Invoke and payoff cards.

The current meta has a lot of DISGUSTING high rolls so I've had to adjust my decks to compensate.

I've been tinkering with Paladin decks, because there has to be SOMETHING that's not Mech Paladin that works right now. I've been experimenting with a Secret based Paladin Paladin (or "Pure Paladin") deck recently and think there's some promise there.

If it high rolls, you get to play a 1 mana 7/7 that generates you 5 cards (via Prismatic Lens), and if you low roll you still get a 4 mana something or other that does something pretty good (the lowest cost minion in the deck is 3, and there's only 2 of those).

The addition of Lightforged Crusader shores up Secret Paladin's classic weakness (a lack of fuel in the late game) while Lightforged Zealot adds a lot of midgame pressure, giving you a total of 4 solid weapons to duke it out with people.

I still need to do some tinkering, but I'm still (slowly) climbing ladder with just Paladin variants.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I hope they don't nerf Galazoo. I haven't played much of it but in terms of Hero Power at least, it's my favorite Galakrond, and I think it's by far the most fair of them, with good but not unbalanced Invoke and payoff cards.

The current meta has a lot of DISGUSTING high rolls so I've had to adjust my decks to compensate.

I've been tinkering with Paladin decks, because there has to be SOMETHING that's not Mech Paladin that works right now. I've been experimenting with a Secret based Paladin Paladin (or "Pure Paladin") deck recently and think there's some promise there.

If it high rolls, you get to play a 1 mana 7/7 that generates you 5 cards (via Prismatic Lens), and if you low roll you still get a 4 mana something or other that does something pretty good (the lowest cost minion in the deck is 3, and there's only 2 of those).

The addition of Lightforged Crusader shores up Secret Paladin's classic weakness (a lack of fuel in the late game) while Lightforged Zealot adds a lot of midgame pressure, giving you a total of 4 solid weapons to duke it out with people.

I still need to do some tinkering, but I'm still (slowly) climbing ladder with just Paladin variants.
    I wonder if the Murloc Tip the Scales High Roll still works. I was trying it out in Casual and managed to draw both Lens and Tip the Scales before turn 4...

I'm guessing no, because sticking a board is so much harder now with Rush being so prevalent.
    Last edited by Joran; 2020-01-06 at 08:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Galakrond Zoo sees a fair bit of play and seems decently strong, but Warrior/Shaman are definitely the big ones. Galakrond Rogue can highroll pretty hard, but is pretty inconsistent. It's too bad they never released one for Priest ;)
    I mean, I guess Galakrond Zoos are around here and there, but they don't seem that good to me. I don't know, maybe it's a matchup thing and they just fare poorly against Control Warrior while being better against everything else, but still. I honestly think Galakrond himself is the second weakest one (after Priest, of course), and the Invoke cards are basically just good enough with the Zoo playstyle to warrant using in that deck right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some good Zoo cards next expansion (or maybe the next two, since next one will also have rotation occur with it) and the deck just dropped the Galakrond package entirely.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

I climbed to rank 2 last month with a highlander list. It hasn't been performing so hot against the current meta. Its big strength was being able to stand against face hunter while still putting up a fight against Warrior, as other classes have come back into the meta (Mage, Warlock, and Priest particularly) it's been finding it harder and harder to go the distance.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Kind of wish I had a screenshot, but I lived the Pogo dream as Shudderwock in Battlegrounds.

Biggest golden one I got was a 118/118 and managed to score 3 triples + 1 extra (most in the 20-50 range), which is 10/15 total Pogos in the game. If I knew what I was doing and wasn't sitting at 8 health very early, they could have been bigger (had to play one of the triples without hero power because I was scared of losing).

Thankfully the days of Divine Shield Poisonous Murlocs was over, so I got a pretty easy win, even though my last opponent managed to stick a Bran and get really chonky dudes.

Edit: Oh god, not sure what was wrong with my head, but managed to kill myself twice with Demons. Both involved Battlemaster; first time I forgot I was at 1 and played the 2/4 buffer. 2nd time was as Rafaam and for some reason thought i picked up a Battlemaster instead of a Bran, so played as if I was going to play Bran + Battlemaster and panicked and played the wrong 2/4.
    Last edited by Joran; 2020-01-07 at 06:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I am having an terrible time trying to climb out of Rank 10 with Pirate Warrior, sinking my WR to the 40s%. Though one game, I ran into a Tip the Scale/Murloc Paladin: evolved a Kor'kron Elite with a Witchy Lackey to hold onto the board... and got Duskfallen Aviana. It was turn 7 or 8 so the Paladin was probably going to play Tip the Scales anyway, and I did manage to hold off that and the second Tip the Scales with Restless Mummies, but I had taken too much damage by then and got finished off by their weapons.

Having a much better time with a Galakrond Warlock though, 9-7 so far.
    Spoiler: Decklist
    Show
    ### Wretched Sacrifices
    # Class: Warlock
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
    # 2x (1) Flame Imp
    # 2x (1) Grim Rally
    # 2x (1) Voidwalker
    # 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
    # 2x (2) EVIL Genius
    # 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
    # 2x (2) Knife Juggler
    # 2x (3) Dragonblight Cultist
    # 2x (3) Fiendish Rites
    # 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 1x (4) Veiled Worshipper
    # 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Wretched
    # 1x (10) Sea Giant
    #
    AAECAf0GBNMB6qwD47QD8b8DDTDZB7EIwgjchgOInQPHnQPorA P5rgP+rgOqrwPTrwOCsQMA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    # Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Don't have a second Veiled Worshipper, but the deck seems to be doing fine without it, and I don't want to craft anything before the details of the nerfs are announced. Older versions had a second Sea Giant, 2 Scarab Eggs, and one Plague of Flames. Hench-Clan Hogsteed has been a really good card to take the board before Devoted Maniac could come online, though not auto keep in the mulligan.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Aaaand the new round of nerfs for standard has been revealed. Summary below:

Spoiler
    Show

Warlock - Fiendish Rites : Mana cost increased from (3) to (4).
    Warrior - Scion of Ruin : Mana cost increased from (3) to (4) .
    Ancharrr : Durability reduced from (3) to (2) .
    Shaman - Dragon’s Pack : Now reads, “…If you’ve Invoked twice, give them +2/+2 .” (reduced from +3/+3).
    Invocation of Frost : Mana cost increased from (1) to (2).
    Rogue - Necrium Apothecary : Mana cost increased from (4) to (5).
    Neutral - Dragonqueen Alexstrasza: Battlecry effect can no longer generate Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.

Finally something to help the crowd affected the most by Rogue's Apothecary deck (particularly the high legend players that were seeing it too much during play), which was sorely missing from last round of nerfs. This time Warrior is also hit, as the Galakrond build was getting bonkers (9/6 with rush for 3 doesn't rime with balanced IMO). And Shaman, while being not played as much since the first hammer hit, got hit again. And considering the commentary on the last VS Data Reaper report, it's well deserved. And no more neo-Alex chains.
    Hopefully this means the rush for over-aggro (and the respawn to glory of CW; sorry, Zevox!) can be stopped this time, since the worst offender in Rogue got hit by the hammer as well, and maybe we can finally get a less degenerate midrange game for once? Still hoping for a decent Paladin deck to play...

As for Battlegrounds, some nice changes too!
    Spoiler
    Show

Heroes

Shudderwock
    Burbling: Cost reduced from (2) to (1) .

Queen Wagtoggle
    Wax Warband : Give a random friendly Mech, Demon, Murloc and Beast +2 Attack . (instead of +1 Health)

Infinite Toki
    Temporal Tavern : Cost reduced from (2) to (1) . Now reads, “Refresh Bob’s Tavern. Include a Minion from a higher Tavern Tier.”

Patches the Pirate
    Has returned to the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
    Fire the Cannons! : At the start of next combat, deal 4 damage to two random enemy minions. (increased from 3 damage)

Pyramad
    Brick by Brick : Give a random friendly minion +3 Health . (increased from +2 Health)

Minions

Golden Soul Juggler
    After a friendly Demon dies, deal 3 damage to a random enemy minion twice . (instead of 6 damage once)

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements

Battlegrounds : Selfless Hero’s Deathrattle will now only affect minions that do not already have Divine Shield.

They increased the hero pool size! And the returning got their powers slightly changed, together with the three buffed heroes. Plus, as if demons were not getting good enough, the upgraded juggler power means we don't trade spread for focus fire anymore, which is quite good!
    And now Selfless Hero is a 6 star minion in the 1 star range... strange.
    Last edited by heronbpv; 2020-01-08 at 06:48 PM.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heronbpv View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Shaman - Dragon’s Pack : Now reads, “…If you’ve Invoked twice, give them +2/+2 .” (reduced from +3/+3).
    Neutral - Dragonqueen Alexstrasza: Battlecry effect can no longer generate Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.
    Seems largely unnecessary, to my mind (especially the Warlock one, that card's already kind of iffy), but whatever at this point. At least it's not more Classic cards.

Hopefully this means the rush for over-aggro (and the respawn to glory of CW; sorry, Zevox!)
    You say that as if Control Warrior wasn't still glorious. I'm having plenty of success with it.

As for Battlegrounds, some nice changes too!
    Spoiler
    Show

Heroes

Shudderwock
    Burbling: Cost reduced from (2) to (1) .

Queen Wagtoggle
    Wax Warband : Give a random friendly Mech, Demon, Murloc and Beast +2 Attack . (instead of +1 Health)

Infinite Toki
    Temporal Tavern : Cost reduced from (2) to (1) . Now reads, “Refresh Bob’s Tavern. Include a Minion from a higher Tavern Tier.”

Patches the Pirate
    Fire the Cannons! : At the start of next combat, deal 4 damage to two random enemy minions. (increased from 3 damage)

Pyramad
    Brick by Brick : Give a random friendly minion +3 Health . (increased from +2 Health)

Minions

Golden Soul Juggler
    After a friendly Demon dies, deal 3 damage to a random enemy minion twice . (instead of 6 damage once)

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements

Battlegrounds : Selfless Hero’s Deathrattle will now only affect minions that do not already have Divine Shield.

They increased the hero pool size! And the returning got their powers slightly changed, together with the three buffed heroes. Plus, as if demons were not getting good enough, the upgraded juggler power means we don't trade spread for focus fire anymore, which is quite good!
    And now Selfless Hero is a 6 star minion in the 1 star range... strange.
    Cool stuff, by and large - though the gold Soul Juggler change is a slightly double-edged sword, since with two shots it can now potentially trigger on-hit effects like Security Rover's or Imp Gang Boss' twice, assuming they have room to spawn things, and can wind up hitting different targets when you might really want all six damage on the same target. I do also wish that they'd consider nerfing Cobalt Guardian, and possibly Floating Watcher, personally, and bringing back Amalgam (though perhaps as a 3-star instead of the 2 that it was before).

I really like the changes to Shudderwock and Toki, personally. Waggtoggle's surprises me and I'm not sure how good it will be - looks scary at a glance, but durability is often more important than attack to actually winning, plus her power is focused on a menagerie strategy, which is much weaker now than it once was. Pyramad, well, I'm glad they buffed him, but I wish the buff had been being able to choose who gets the health buff, rather than just increasing it from 2 to 3 like that. And Patches, honestly, I don't know why they bothered, bumping his damage up really won't make a difference. He's still just much worse Nefarian. I wish they'd brought back Mukla instead of one of those, honestly, he was the most fun and balanced hero they've rotated out. Nice to see them go beyond the arbitrary limit to the hero pool size though.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-01-08 at 07:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

@Zevox:
    About the Control Warrior: he rarely does now, does he? :D Gotta love the deck too, although the variations with proper finishers fit me better (then again, they're aren't control, right?).
    Though I also wish to not go to the other end of the spectrum, were he is the absolute king. Control (Warrior) heavy metas are just as bad as the other ones. Stay in the middle of the range, game, please! Uther thanks you for that.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

I do think the soul juggler change is a good buff for it. Divine shields tends to be a lot more common than on hit effects so it nice they can easily pin them off again. The Wagtoggle change is insteresting. She might actually be really good now with the goal being hydra, mechs and then a good high health demon. Menagerie as a whole is still very hard to pull off but being able to boost attack is pretty good.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Finally something to help the crowd affected the most by Rogue's Apothecary deck (particularly the high legend players that were seeing it too much during play), which was sorely missing from last round of nerfs. This time Warrior is also hit, as the Galakrond build was getting bonkers (9/6 with rush for 3 doesn't rime with balanced IMO). And Shaman, while being not played as much since the first hammer hit, got hit again. And considering the commentary on the last VS Data Reaper report, it's well deserved. And no more neo-Alex chains.
    Hopefully this means the rush for over-aggro (and the respawn to glory of CW; sorry, Zevox!) can be stopped this time, since the worst offender in Rogue got hit by the hammer as well, and maybe we can finally get a less degenerate midrange game for once? Still hoping for a decent Paladin deck to play...
    Based on my secondhand experience, Dragon's Pack and Invocation of Frost seem like good nerfs; Dragon's Pack just gives so much tempo, and Invocation of Frost is a no-brainer since it's a 1-mana 2/1 with rush that augments Galakrond and puts a freeze out. It's just an auto-include. I've seen the Apothecary combos, and yeah, makes sense they're pushing it back a turn. Based on the Alex chains, yeah, I think avoiding Infinite Alexstrazsa is a good idea, so that you don't suddenly spawn a billion dragons on a lucky highroll. Oh, yeah, Scion of Ruin, I've seen that one be a powerhouse, and it'll still be powerful but not quite as busted, hopefully. And Fiendish Rites....yeah, at 3 mana for two 2/1 imps and any other bonuses to minions, absolutely massive power level for zoo decks.

Seem like good nerfs overall, at least based on the play I've seen.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The only one I look sideways at is Fiendish Rites. It's good, but not worthy of a nerf IMO.

22. - Top - End - #22

Invocation of Frost surprised me when it was revealed. Glacial Shard still sees play in a couple decks in Wild, and IoF is Glacial Shard with Rush. Not surprised it's getting knocked back a turn.

A tad bit disappointed that Apothecary is getting nerfed, but it's also way less problematic in Wild than it is in Standard. Probably for the best.

On the other hand, kind of glad they nerfed DQ Alexstrasza. It hasn't happened to me personally, but the potential high roll that card allowed for was just off the scale. Definitely needed to be reined in.

Ancharr nerf is alright, less durability means they'll have to hold back with it until they can get some buffs on it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The nerfs overall seem good, though I do echo the question about nerfing Fiendish Rites. Was Warlock really that much better than Druid at making a wide board? Is this a premptive nerf because there's a Imp Gang Boss 2.0 from the Adventure?

Though on the Dragonqueen Alexstraza nerf, they honestly should just make overall rule that Discover/Random card effects are not able to create a copy of the original card (except when it's related to what's in your deck, like Stitched Tracker or Tracking.)
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Invocation of Frost surprised me when it was revealed. Glacial Shard still sees play in a couple decks in Wild, and IoF is Glacial Shard with Rush. Not surprised it's getting knocked back a turn.

A tad bit disappointed that Apothecary is getting nerfed, but it's also way less problematic in Wild than it is in Standard. Probably for the best.

On the other hand, kind of glad they nerfed DQ Alexstrasza. It hasn't happened to me personally, but the potential high roll that card allowed for was just off the scale. Definitely needed to be reined in.

Ancharr nerf is alright, less durability means they'll have to hold back with it until they can get some buffs on it.
    I had one game which DEFINITELY would have either made me rage quit or irrevocably tilted me for that night had I been on the receiving end.

I was playing Whizzbang Handlock against a constructed handlock and was just getting out played. I made several misplays early, and every single thing I did he efficiently answered. At the end, I was decked out. He had 10 cards in hand (size 12 hand) and was at 30 hp 6+ cards in his deck. I had like 6 cards in hand, about to draw my last card, at like 14 hp, an Aranasi Broodmother on board while he has a giant and something else.

I generated the discover a dragon lackey, get DQ Alexstrasza into DQ Alexstrasza and something else. 2nd DQ Alexstrasza gets me another 8/8 dragon and the paladin discover a dragon who gives me classic Alexstrasza.... Next turn, he clears the broodmother and 1 8/8 and drops a taunt.

I clear his taunt, drop OG Alexstrasza to put him at 15 and swing my other two Alexstrasza for 16 winning that game off of nothing but dumb luck RNG high roll.

I mean Pure Skill.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; 2020-01-09 at 11:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Galakrond's Awakening has been properly announced! It comes out on the 21st. Here it is on Hearthstone's website

And it looks like the LoE is getting hero cards! I've been waiting for Druid to get another hero card, so I'm pretty happy unless they do something weird and give each class different kinds of legendaries
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-01-09 at 02:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

DwarfClericGuy

Galakrond's Awakening has been properly announced! It comes out on the 21st. Here it is on Hearthstone's website

And it looks like the LoE is getting hero cards! I've been waiting for Druid to get another hero card, so I'm pretty happy unless they do something weird and give each class different kinds of legendaries
    Disappears is ambiguous wording... Presumably that means destroy as in death rattles trigger. Is the reborn mech intend to keep magnetic effects? Because then it's stupidly strong. If not, I'm not sure it's that great Other than for swarmy paladin decks which I really don't want to come back, Odd paladin once was enough.

I thought Chaos Gazer looked ridiculous at first, then I noticed it specified playable card. I still think it's slightly too strong and should have its stat line nerfed at a minimum. Even with out that, the game just isn't balanced around opponents being able to discard your cards so I suspect it will be very unfun.

Speaking of nerfs, how would people rank the following nerfs for Invocation of Frost : (1) Costs 2 mana (2) Only targets minions (3) Random enemy (4) Random enemy minion ?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Disappears is ambiguous wording... Presumably that means destroy as in death rattles trigger. Is the reborn mech intend to keep magnetic effects? Because then it's stupidly strong. If not, I'm not sure it's that great Other than for swarmy paladin decks which I really don't want to come back, Odd paladin once was enough.
    I'm pretty sure "Disappears" is a mechanic I think Hearthstone has needed for a while: a "Banish" effect. The monster is gone; removed from play; extinct. It does not trigger on death effects. It is not in the Graveyard. It cannot be resurrected or otherwise brought back. It is GONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Speaking of nerfs, how would people rank the following nerfs for Invocation of Frost : (1) Costs 2 mana (2) Only targets minions (3) Random enemy (4) Random enemy minion ?

I think nerfed to 2 mana was fine. "Only targets Minions" is such a minor nerf it may as well have not been changed, and the other two ideas introduced more unnecessary randomness to the game. Some randomness is fine, but stuff like that is bad for teh game's health.

28. - Top - End - #28

DwarfClericGuy

I think nerfed to 2 mana was fine. "Only targets Minions" is such a minor nerf it may as well have not been changed, and the other two ideas introduced more unnecessary randomness to the game. Some randomness is fine, but stuff like that is bad for teh game's health.
    I'm mostly just curious what people's thoughts are, and if random enemy is considered worse then only minions or random minion. I've won several games mostly against warriors and rogues, but also several Galokrond shamans and warlocks by stopping them from swinging with their claw to either finish me or clear a minion. I've also seen shamans open with it as a turn 1 play. If it only targets minions you lose that.

I agree too much randomness is bad but blizzard doesn't. Hence the massive number of discover cards, add a random, and ****ty mage spells.

Speaking of mechanics hearthstone doesn't have but could, what would people think of a refund mechanic? A reverse overload. Spells or minions which are costed to prevent their early play, but return mana after being played.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Galakrond's Awakening has been properly announced! It comes out on the 21st.
    ...and it is exactly as expected. Still unreasonably priced to buy with gold, but comes with a whole bunch of cards that will likely help define the meta. Well, guess I have a little under two weeks of Standard left, then.

30. - Top - End - #30

...and it is exactly as expected. Still unreasonably priced to buy with gold, but comes with a whole bunch of cards that will likely help define the meta. Well, guess I have a little under two weeks of Standard left, then.
    I disagree with that statement. I've been saving my gold for maybe a week, and already have enough for one of the wings. Add into that that I have almost two more weeks before the adventure actually releases, and a week between each of the wings going live, and I won't need to do anything more than complete daily quests to afford them.

That seems entirely reasonable to me.