New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Been playing a lot of BGs lately. Hanging out comfortably above 7k now after bouncing between 6.5 and 7k for a month or two.

I love the new Bran Hero. He is the first hero I've found that's actually legitimately good for forcing pogos. When you're on 2, there's so few battlecry minions that you end up with around a 50% chance to see a pogo, and usually see the mechanocat alongside it. Try to get 2 golden pogos by turn 8, level with the second golden pogo and hope for an annoyo or gold grubber from your 4-drop. Pretty much any pogo you get after the first 3-4 are worthwhile as individual units, so you're happy just picking them up incidentally rather than staying on 2 forever looking for more.

I've gotten Bran 6 times since he was introduced, and successfully forced Pogos with him 5 of those times. 4 of those getting first place, 1 time getting second after losing out to a divine shield poison murloc comp because I did not find any annoyo modules. The one failed attempt at forcing pogos, I only found 3 by turn 8, but I wound up getting a ton of early murlocs while I was searching, so pivoted and still got first with that.

Just now I had a great game with Eudora where I was half Dragons and Half Mechs going into turn 8, completed my second dig and got a golden razergore into an Amalgadon. Swapped out the mechs for the dragons, leveled to 6 and got a kalecgos on the first roll. Got to top 2 easily, then wound up in a showdown with a Murloc bran who beat me twice before I got a second amalgadon which rolled windfury divine shield into megasaur to give it poisonous, which made enough of a difference to take the win.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I just experienced the rare "reverse rage quit". My Druid opponent cast Fungal Fortunes and discarded both Exotic Mountsellers and Ysera Unleashed.

I felt so bad for him that I quit playing for the day. 3 minions in the deck and he discards all 3? That's just harsh.
    This deck deserves everything bad that happens to it IMO. I hate decks that are based on the "ramp mana and highroll like a fiend" so-called strategy. Mountseller is an egregiously unbalanced card in that deck. 8 health is nearly impossible to deal with on turn 4-5.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Cycle of Hatred
    Rare Demon Hunter Spell
    7 Mana
    Deal 3 damage to all minions. Summon a 3/3 Spirit for every minion killed.

So, I'm going off secondhand information here, since I no longer play standard (and haven't even played Battlegrounds in months, honestly), but haven't they had a big problem where Demon Hunter has been OP as heck and needed repeated nerfs since it was released? Because of giving it numerous blatantly overpowered cards out of the gate?

Strikes me that they might not have learned anything from all of that if so, because wow. That is possibly the most ridiculous AoE that has ever been printed. Strong board wipe and a board refill with not-insignificant size minions for every kill you get - hell, including your own minions, so you could do things like upgrade a 1/1 into a 3/3 in the process? Seriously, what would that need to be to be balanced, 9 mana or 10? Because it sure as hell isn't 7, where it's Flamestrike trading 1 damage for a massive upside.

Just wow. I don't even play anymore and I feel bad just looking at that.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post

So, I'm going off secondhand information here, since I no longer play standard (and haven't even played Battlegrounds in months, honestly), but haven't they had a big problem where Demon Hunter has been OP as heck and needed repeated nerfs since it was released? Because of giving it numerous blatantly overpowered cards out of the gate?

Strikes me that they might not have learned anything from all of that if so, because wow. That is possibly the most ridiculous AoE that has ever been printed. Strong board wipe and a board refill with not-insignificant size minions for every kill you get - hell, including your own minions, so you could do things like upgrade a 1/1 into a 3/3 in the process? Seriously, what would that need to be to be balanced, 9 mana or 10? Because it sure as hell isn't 7, where it's Flamestrike trading 1 damage for a massive upside.

Just wow. I don't even play anymore and I feel bad just looking at that.
    Control Demon Hunter hasn't been problem, it's Tempo Demon Hunter that's been nerfed 4 times and is only just now sitting at Tier 2. Meanwhile, Control Demon Hunter is a meme deck with a winrate below the Token/Starter Deck Demon Hunter.

Sure, Cycle of Hatred is a MASSIVE blowout against Aggro and Token Druid decks, but against control? This card is almost unplayable, and is especially awkward if you draw this and Skull of Gul'dan or any other Outcast card you'd like to play with in the wrong order. IF Demon Hunter can put together a competitive control deck, this would be a fantastic card. Otherwise, this is just going to rot forgotten with the likes of Pit Commander and Coilfang Warlord.

Spoiler: Thoughts on other cards
    Show

Steeldancer: Oh so THAT'S why Corsair Cashe got nerfed: T2 Corsair Cashe, T3 Ancharr/Livewire Lance, T4 Steeldancer, is a dang good curve if it's pulled off, the weapon shutting down most early-midrange threats and a 4/4 + Random 3 Drop is going to be rough to clean up. As it stands right now, a random 2 drop is significantly weaker, and I'm not sure if it's worth running Fiery Waraxe just to combo with this. Could still see it in a Aggro/Pirate Warrior that runs Upgrade and Captain Greenskin. On the Rogue side of the coin, I just don't see it. Arguably you can do the same with Deadly Poison + Hero Power on 3, and Steeldancer on 4, maybe even combine it with Hooked Scimitar or Waggle Pick in the list, but I just can't ignore the Elephant (or giant primordial dragon) in the Room that is Galakrond.

Infiltrator Lilian: Pretty good Legendary and Stealth minion, but it's not enough to make Stealth Rogue its own deck and not just an different flavor of Galakond Rogue. Does have potential if Rogue gets some Deathrattle synergies in this expansion or in the future.

Boneweb Egg: Every egg is a good Zoo card. The added discard effect is neat, I'm not sure if it quite works with how ZooDiscolock wants to discard things. Maybe if we see some more "Discard the Lowest Cost card in hand" again.

Brittle Bone Destroyer: *Yawn* another 5 mana Minion with Combo: Destroy a minion, but it's Warlock and Priest flavored. Will see some play- what? *feigned listening to somebody whispering into ear* IT'S A 4 MANA CARD?! For Priests that's amazing, being able to Renew face and destroy a minion on 5, 6 and later it's as simple as Hero Powering self or using Penance. But the class that really makes this shine is Warlock, not only because they share the same Hero Power + Brittle Bone Destroyer combo on 6, but they have both self damage AND healing tools. Could even play this on curve with Neferset Thrasher in Zoo or a Aranasi Broodmother draw in Control. Hold on to extra copies of this, because I'd be surprised if this doesn't get nerfed in the first month of the expansion.

Disciplinarian Gandling: Hello Zoolock Legendary, ready to get cracking? Get it, because you're gonna- wait what are you doing in the Priest section? Trying to make Tempo Priest work? Sorry buddy, but Priest's identity is no card draw, so if Priest loses card advantage in a tempo fight, it just cries in the lower right corner while Paladin and Shaman point and laugh and steal their lunch money. But hey, I'll try to look you up when I'm playing Galakrond Priest, because I have a feeling I'm about to generate one too many Frazzled Freshmen.

Flesh Giant: Huh, yet another Warlock card with a weird white half on the card. See Brittle Bone Destroyer for why I think that is, but I don't think it'd be just as dangerous as that card.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

I definitely agree with Zevox. There's so little chance that card doesn't see play that I'm surprised they printed it with that stat line.

Even in a tempo deck, this is a one sided board reset in the medium case, and is likely just a card that if you can set up even moderately it's almost certainly going to be a 100% win rate card when you play it against the right decks. I would be surprised if this card doesn't see at least 1 of play in most DH decks that aren't just pure aggro.

What's worse about this card is it pushes really hard against the kinds of decks you should want to be good in your format. (Mid-range)

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

There is no reason not to slot that card into any midrange/tempo, Highlander, or maybe even aggro Demon Hunter deck.

It's trash against Control or Combo and BACKBREAKING against everything else. RIP Murloc Paladin and Totem Shaman.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not arguing that the card is not powerful, it really is a terrifying card against a lot of matchups, but putting it in Aggro/Tempo? That sounds way too ambitious for my tastes, if only because Demon Hunter is the class that cares not only about if you draw a card but when. Even drawing Altrius and Skull of Gul'dan in the wrong order can be back breaking, I don't want to have a high cost extreme powerswing card gumming up the works as well.

New Rare Demon Hunter card: Glide; 4 mana spell; Shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 4 cards. Outcast: your opponent does the same.

You know what, I take that back because of Glide. Ignore the outcast for a moment and realize that is a crazy reload card for Aggro/Tempo, either shuffling your hand around so that the other outcast cards are no longer sandwiched awkwardly in between higher cost cards, or even just a straight up draw 4 for 4. When you DO take into account the outcast, this is an insane control-disruption card. Hello brother, I see you just drew with Fungal Fortunes... Better hope you get Overflow in the shuffle. Oh Anduin, you look like you've been holding on to some cards from the mulligan, that wouldn't be some AoE would it? Oh it is? Say goodbye to them.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Control Demon Hunter hasn't been problem, it's Tempo Demon Hunter that's been nerfed 4 times and is only just now sitting at Tier 2. Meanwhile, Control Demon Hunter is a meme deck with a winrate below the Token/Starter Deck Demon Hunter.

Sure, Cycle of Hatred is a MASSIVE blowout against Aggro and Token Druid decks, but against control? This card is almost unplayable, and is especially awkward if you draw this and Skull of Gul'dan or any other Outcast card you'd like to play with in the wrong order. IF Demon Hunter can put together a competitive control deck, this would be a fantastic card. Otherwise, this is just going to rot forgotten with the likes of Pit Commander and Coilfang Warlord.
    That is by no means just a control card. That card generates a massive tempo swing any time you get to use it to any real effect. Hell, it could easily be a win condition card - if the opponent can't immediately answer with their own AoE, filling your board with enough 3/3s is a proven way to win the game (think Grim Patron, Quartermaster/Level Up Paladin, that one Rafaam treasure that filled your board with 3/3 mummies, etc). Doing that on top of clearing your opponent's board is insane. And even though it hits your board as well, in the right deck it'll only be upgrading your minions when it does that. It's just on a whole other level from other cards. It's legitimately the kind of card I'd expect an Adventure boss to be throwing around that we'd all say obviously could never be used in actual play.

I'm not arguing that the card is not powerful, it really is a terrifying card against a lot of matchups, but putting it in Aggro/Tempo? That sounds way too ambitious for my tastes, if only because Demon Hunter is the class that cares not only about if you draw a card but when. Even drawing Altrius and Skull of Gul'dan in the wrong order can be back breaking, I don't want to have a high cost extreme powerswing card gumming up the works as well.
    Not having played Demon Hunter I can't speak to how much that matters from personal experience. I would, as an outsider looking in on that, suggest that if that alone makes you think this card might not see play, that seems to me to say a lot more about the power of those Outcast effects, or possibly the Outcast mechanic itself, than it does that card. Because Cycle of Hatred on its own is possibly the most blatantly broken single card I've seen being printed in the game's history, and in any sane world I'd say it should be guaranteed to need nerfing.

New Rare Demon Hunter card: Glide; 4 mana spell; Shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 4 cards. Outcast: your opponent does the same.
    ...well, add that to my personal list of reasons never to come back to playing non-Battlegrounds Hearthstone again. I would never want to experience playing against that.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

I see you guys have already seen Glide, I'll put the rest of the cards here cuz... well I've nothing better to do. Normally I'd wait until all the card reveals were done for the day, but the next one isn't until 11pm my time, so... yeah. Cards!

Spoiler: Cards Cards Cards
    Show
    Felosophy
    Rare Demon Hunter/Warlock Spell
    1 Mana
    Copy the lowest Cost Demon in your hand.
    Outcast: Give both +1/+1.

Totem Goliath
    Epic Shaman Totem
    5/4/5
    Deathrattle: Summon al four basic totems.
    Overload: (2)

Ceremonial Maul
    Epic Paladin/Warrior Weapon
    3/2/2
    Spellburst: Summon a Student with Taunt and stats equal to the spell's Cost.

Mozaki, Master Duelist
    Legendary Mage Minion
    5/3/8
    After you cast a spell, gain Spell Damage +1.

Ace Hunter Kreen
    Legendary Demon Hunter/Hunter Minion
    3/2/4
    Your other characters are Immune while attacking.

Cabal Acolyte
    Epic Priest Minion
    4/2/6
    Taunt
    Spellburst: Gain control of a random enemy minion with 2 or less Attack.

Glide
    Rare Demon Hunter Spell
    4 Mana
    Shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 4 cards.
    Outcast: Your opponent does the same.

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Because Warglaives needed a buff, right?

11. - Top - End - #371
    Firbolg in the Playground

So hand Disruption is a mechanic I've wanted to see in hearthstone for ages.

But really, giving it to DH? blargh.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Have they previewed a Demon Hunter card that isn't going to get nerfed yet? Felosophy might pass the smell test. Maybe. 1 mana, draw (or tutor) 1, gain +2/+2 in stats. Pretty damn strong. Glide and Kreen make Cycle look underpowered.

They haven't learned a damn thing from last expansion, have they?

13. - Top - End - #373

Hold on to your hats, folks, we've got some real doozies today. We've also had some cards that have been found in the background of a trailer but haven't been officially revealed yet. I'll put those in a separate spoiler.

Spoiler: Officially Revealed Cards
    Show
    Sphere of Sapience
    Legendary Neutral Weapon(no, that's not a mistake)
    1/0/4
    At the start of your turn, look at your top card. You can put it on the bottom and lose one Durability.

Lorekeeper Polkelt
    Legendary Neutral Minion
    4/4/5
    Battlecry: Reorder your deck from the highest Cost card to the lowest Cost card.

Magehunter
    Rare Demon Hunter Minion
    3/2/3
    Rush
    Whenever this attacks a minion, Silence it.

Star Student Selina
    Legendary Demon Hunter Minion
    4/4/3
    Outcast: Look at 3 cards in your opponent's hand. Shuffle one of them into their deck.

Doctor Krastinov
    Legendary Rogue/Warrior Minion
    5/4/4
    Rush
    Whenever this attacks, give your weapon +1/+1.

Pen Flinger
    Common Neutral Minion
    1/1/1
    Battlecry: Deal 1 damage.
    Spellburst: Return this to your hand.

Archwitch Willow
    Legendary Warlock Minion
    9/7/7
    Battlecry: Summon a random Demon from your hand and deck.

Playmaker
    Epic Warrior Minion
    3/4/3
    After you play a Rush minion, summon a copy with 1 Health remaining.

Vectus
    Legendary Neutral Minion
    5/4/4
    Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Whelps. Each gains a Deathrattle from your minions that died this game.

And the ones spotted in the trailer:

Spoiler: Unofficially Revealed Cards
    Show
    Wandmaker
    Common Neutral Minion
    2/2/2
    Battlecry: Add a 1-Cost spell from your class to your hand.

Secret Passage
    Epic Rogue Spell
    1 Mana
    Replace your hand with 5 cards from your deck. Swap back next turn.

Survival of the Fittest
    Epic Druid Spell
    Give +4/+4 to all minions in your hand, deck, and battlefield.

Additionally, a token card with the Warlock/Demon Hunter coloring was seen. The devs mentioned in an interview that this pairing would receive a unique mechanic to represent their soul magic. This is believed to be related.

Soul Fragment
    Warlock/Demon Hunter Token Spell
    0 Mana
    Casts When Drawn
    Restore 2 Health to your hero.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-07-24 at 10:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

They really want to make F*** Your Deck Demon Hunter a thing this expansion. The problem is that I think it's going to backfire horribly and accidently make Tempo Demon Hunter nigh-non interactable that can only be really challenged by other Demon Hunters/aggro decks.

Other cards of note:

Sphere of Sapience: Giving Control decks a passive scry? Seems powerful, now it makes some sense as to why they're also introducing so many Control-disruption tools for Demon Hunter, because this is an instant craft for any control deck that doesn't care about weapons in the first place. I'm just thankful I'm not in Wild, where Druid gets to 5 mana, Twig of the World Tree, Sphere of Sapience, Greetings Emote is possible.

Lorekeeper Polkelt: Remember when I looked at Steeldancer and went "Oh, so THAT'S why Corsair Cashe got nerfed", well same idea with this card, but replace the nerfed card in question Rogue's Galakrond: Next turn, draw your Galakrond, which will then draw 0 mana Kronx, Toggwaggle, Flik, and a Shield of Galakrond/Faceless Corruptor and STILL have 3 mana to play other cards. That's the kind of turn that wins games on the spot. Still a rather strong play, not sure if will make it's way to Galakrond Rogue still though. Probably will show up in Control decks like Questlock or Highlander Mage. Glad I'm not in Wild, where Polkelt followed by Holy Wrath for 25 in the same turn is possible.

Penflinger: Why do I have the feeling this is going to be a dangerous combo enabler?

Doctor Krastinov: Okay, now I'm waiting for a 3 mana Rogue/Warrior Weapon to tie this Weapon Tempo Rogue/Warrior deck in a bow. Can be an alternative for Greenskin, but let's be honest with ourselves, if one sees play, there's argument you run both if you have them.

Secret Passage: *insert image of distracted boyfriend meme: Secret Passage as the girl in red, Myra's Unstable Element as the girl in blue.* Very good, though not so much of a Hail Mary but a "I need a different hand than what I've got." Doesn't help if you play this on an empty hand and get cards that generate things like Lackeys, because next turn you presumably toss the generated cards into your deck and back to the problem of an empty hand.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

15. - Top - End - #375

I'm just thankful I'm not in Wild, where Druid gets to 5 mana, Twig of the World Tree, Sphere of Sapience, Greetings Emote is possible.

Glad I'm not in Wild, where Polkelt followed by Holy Wrath for 25 in the same turn is possible.
    I mean, getting highrolled is something that happens in Standard too? Neither of these are good combos, since they require you to either run bad cards or run an entire bad deck. They'll be fun memes, but they'll both just get run over by aggro, or Quest Mage, or Malygos Druid, or Mecha'thun Warlock.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-07-25 at 10:17 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376

Only two cards revealed today. Waited a bit to see if there would be any unscheduled reveals, but it's 8pm now so I kinda doubt it.

Spoiler: 2 More Cards
    Show
    Groundskeeper
    Rare Druid/Shaman Minion
    4/4/5
    Taunt
    Battlecry: If you're holding a spell that costs (5) or more, restore 5 Health.

Ras Frostwhisper
    Legendary Mage/Shaman Minion
    5/3/6
    At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemies(improved by Spell Damage).

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

New Paladin legendary revealed earlier today
    Spoiler: Official Translation pending
    Show
    Tenured Professor Turalyon
    Paladin Legendary Minion
    8 mana 3/12
    Rush. Whenever this attacks a minion, set that minion's Attack and Health to 3.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

18. - Top - End - #378

Time for more cards! We've had a whole bunch today because the Demon Hunter/Warlock mechanic got revealed.

Spoiler: Caaaaaaaards
    Show
    The Demon Hunter/Warlock unique mechanic is Soul Fragments! We caught a glimpse of them the other day in the trailer video. To reiterate:

Soul Fragment
    Demon Hunter/Warlock Token Spell
    0 Mana
    Casts When Drawn
    Restore 2 Health to your hero.

In addition to drawing them for health, the pairing gets several cards - both single and dual classed - that can consume them from your deck to power various effects. We aren't sure how many there will be, but the ones we currently know are:

Soulciologist Malicia
    Legendary Demon Hunter/Warlock Minion
    7/5/5
    Battlecry: For each Soul Fragment in your deck, summon a 3/3 Spirit with Rush.

Soul Shear
    Rare Demon Hunter/Warlock Spell
    2 Mana
    Deal 3 damage to a minion. Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck.

School Spirits
    Common Warlock Spell
    3 Mana
    Deal 2 damage to all minions. Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck.

Shardshatter Mystic
    Rare Demon Hunter Minion
    3/3/2
    Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to deal 3 damage to all minions.

Soulshard Lapidary
    Common Demon Hunter Minion
    5/5/5
    Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to give your hero +5 Attack this turn.

Shadowlight Scholar
    Rare Warlock Minion
    3/3/4
    Battlecry: Destroy a Soul Fragment in your deck to deal 3 damage.

Void Drinker
    Epic Warlock Demon
    5/4/5
    Taunt.
    Battlecry: Destrot a Soul Fragment in your deck to gain +3/+3.

Marrowslicer
    Common Demon Hunter Weapon
    4/4/2
    Battlecry: Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck.

Spirit Jailer
    Common Demon Hunter/Warlock Demon
    1/1/3
    Battlecry: Shuffle 2 Soul Fragments into your deck.

That is all for now. We've also had several other reveals:

Instructor Fireheart
    Legendary Shaman Minion
    3/3/3
    Battlecry: Discover a spell that costs (1) or more. If you play it this turn, repeat this effect.

Devout Pupil
    Epic Paladin/Priest Minion
    6/4/5
    Divine Shield, Taunt
    Costs (1) less for each spell you've cast on friendly characters this game.

Runic Carvings
    Epic Druid/Shaman Spell
    6 Mana
    Choose One - Summon four 2/2 Treant Totems; or Overload: (2) to summon them with Rush.

Lab Partner
    Common Mage Minion
    1/1/3
    Spell Damage +1

Adorable Infestation
    Common Druid/Hunter Spell
    1 Mana
    Give a minion +1/+1. Summon a 1/1 Cub. Add a Cub to your hand.

Gift of Luminance
    Rare Paladin/Priest Spell
    3 Mana
    Give a minion Divine Shield, then summon a 1/1 copy of it.

Additionally, the Epic Rogue spell Secret Passage that was seen in the background of the trailer has been officially confirmed. Here it is again:

Secret Passage
    Epic Rogue Spell
    1 Mana
    Replace your hand with 5 cards from your deck. Swap them back next turn.

They're doing some really cool stuff this expansion. I'm quite excited
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-07-27 at 05:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

All this Divine Shield stuff for Pally, are they gonna reprint Bolvar or something?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

The Soul Fragment package looks pretty good for both Demon Hunter and Warlock. Demon Hunter's share in particular looks strong, Marrowslicer on its own would be run by virtue of being a 4 mana weapon that can then curve into Glaivebound Adept, but it also curves into the Soulshard Lapidary. Warlock also occasionally tapping for free is fantastic whether it's a Zoo or Control deck, but also has synergy with Flesh Giant and Brittlebone Destroyer from the Priest/Warlock cards. Does have a bit of anti-synergy with Skull of Gul'dan on the DH side and Post-Quest Warlock, since the Soul Fragments drawn off of those will eat up the discount, and also would encourage Warlock to move away from putting in Zeyphrs or Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.

Devout Pupil is scary in the hands of a Libram Paladin, but even if you're not going that direction, Regis has pointed out that it's already a Sunwalker at it's base cost. Sure Sunwalker hasn't seen play in forever, but even if you only got it to 5 or 4 Mana cost consistently, I think that's a pretty good card.

Runic Carvings is pretty funny, marrying the respective class' unique token archetypes. Though with how many 2 damage AoEs there are, and more coming with the expansion, I have to worry about if it's that viable.

Lab Partner is also pretty funny, if only because somewhere in your collection Kobold Geomancer and Dalaran Mage started crying spontaneously. Sliverback Patriarch is the only one who can console them.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #381

The Soul Fragment stuff looks awesome. Think I might come back to Standard for a bit to give a Control Fragment DH a try. Might not be good, but it sounds fun as hell.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

Devout Pupil is scary in the hands of a Libram Paladin, but even if you're not going that direction, Regis has pointed out that it's already a Sunwalker at it's base cost. Sure Sunwalker hasn't seen play in forever, but even if you only got it to 5 or 4 Mana cost consistently, I think that's a pretty good card.
    Reminded of that 5/5 discounts 2 per totem Shaman minion (Thing from below?).
    But the discount is less aggressive. Good card in general, but still not much considering the lack of a cohesive Paladin theme overall.
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Today, I got one win away from reaching legend. Twice. Sadly none of the matchups I got on those last matches were ones I got to win, my card draw just wouldn't let me get anything I needed.

24. - Top - End - #384

Here's the last of the card reveals before we get the final dump tomorrow

Spoiler: Almost There!
    Show
    Educated Elekk
    Epic Neutral Beast
    3/3/4
    Whenever a spell is played, this minion remembers it.
    Deathrattle: Shuffle the spells into your deck.

Keymaster Alabaster
    Legendary Neutral Minion
    7/6/8
    Whenever your opponent draws a card, add a copy to your hand that costs (1).

Potion of Illusion
    Epic Mage/Rogue Spell
    4 Mana
    Add 1/1 copies of your minions to your hand. They cost (1).

Speaker Gidra
    Legendary Druid/Shaman Minion
    3/1/4
    Rush, Windfury
    Spellburst: Gain Attack and Health equal to the spell's Cost.

Brain Freeze
    Rare Mage/Rogue Spell
    1 Mana
    Freeze a minion.
    Combo: Also deal 3 damage to it.

Lord Barov
    Legendary Warrior/Paladin Minion
    3/3/2
    Battlecry: Set the Health of all other minions to 1.
    Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.

High Abbess Alura
    Legendary Priest/Paladin Minion
    4/3/6
    Spellburst: Cast a spell from your deck(targets this if possible).

Argent Braggart
    Epic Paladin Minion
    2/1/1
    Battlecry: Gain Attack and Health to match the highest in the battlefield.

Professor Slate
    Legendary Hunter Minion
    3/3/4
    Your spells are Poisonous.

Ancient Void Hound
    Epic Demon Hunter Demon
    9/10/10
    At the end of your turn, steal 1 Attack and Health from all enemy minions.

Forest Warden Omu
    Legendary Druid Minion
    6/5/4
    Spellburst: Refresh your Mana Crystals.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

...Okay the Paladin stuff this expansion is actually looking pretty damn Spicy. Am I finally allowed to play a midrange or Control Paladin again?

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

Hope so. Current meta trends show that the lightforged/pure paladin deck is almost ladder playable, so I'm hopeful.
    Also, more spice for my highlander pally
    "Stop talking." - Roy

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I thought EE sent the spells to your hand and got excited, then I saw they got shuffled and I wondered why that is epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    ...Okay the Paladin stuff this expansion is actually looking pretty damn Spicy. Am I finally allowed to play a midrange or Control Paladin again?
    Eh, I wouldn't hold your breath. Lots of cards that other classes are getting look way stronger than the Paladin stuff to me. Granted, maybe I'm a bad judge at this point, since I basically haven't played since early in the Descent of Dragons meta, but personally, I'd say Demon Hunter, Druid, and maybe Rogue look like they're getting the nuttiest stuff. I'd bet on Paladin continuing to not be good - just as it hasn't ever since the Equality nerf.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I thought EE sent the spells to your hand and got excited, then I saw they got shuffled and I wondered why that is epic.
    My guess would be because it provides another for highlander decks to cheat in multiple copies of spells as well as allowing you to steal extra removal from your opponent.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't hold your breath. Lots of cards that other classes are getting look way stronger than the Paladin stuff to me. Granted, maybe I'm a bad judge at this point, since I basically haven't played since early in the Descent of Dragons meta, but personally, I'd say Demon Hunter, Druid, and maybe Rogue look like they're getting the nuttiest stuff. I'd bet on Paladin continuing to not be good - just as it hasn't ever since the Equality nerf.
    I only need it to be T2 to be worth playing.