New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    I got the new murloc champ for battlegrounds. I need a Fry.gif of 'Not sure if op, or I just got lucky'. 3 other champs were going murlocs but selling the token from tide hunters got me a potential triple next round at t3. So I froze went up to t4 and bought it. I pulled Bran. After that it was over. I never got a Triple Bran or Mega (and believed me I rerolled more than I should have trying since I felt safe) but I still finished with a 2/4 bran, 6/3 king bargule, 32/54 golden poison king bargule, 36/77 poison golden Rockpool, 38/67 poison golden seer, 38/45 poison golden mackeral, and 130/79 golden tidecaller. Toxicfins are a no brain buy since you're essentially paying 1 for poison, since selling it gives one and an effective reroll. This meant I could focus on getting either health buffs or lookouts since damage wasn't a concern at all.
    Early bran with murlocs is always really good. But the hero in general encourages forcing murlocs even when you don't really have the support for it, which is bad. Every time I've been in a lobby with the new murloc hero, he's one of the first two dead. I like that they're experimenting with heroes making it easier to force their chosen comp, but so far both this one and Ysera seem pretty underwhelming (aside: Not sure if Ysera has improved with the changes I have not seen much of her since, but know she was bottom tier pre-patch).

Anyway, finally got to check out the announcements in depth. A little disappointed at the lack of arena news, while I'm not a die-hard arena fan, I really do enjoy the game mode and generally each expansion I've taken to setting aside about 500 gold to run arena until that 1000 gold buffer has run out. I'm not good enough to be infinite so it does generally run out, but I get a solid 2 months in at a rate of ~1-2 runs per week. The problem is this last year has not been kind to the Arena, between losing buckets, leaderboard vanishing without explanation, and the bi-monthly set rotation turning out to just be an annoyance rather than a meaningful arena event. And then this last rotation came a month late on top of it.

But excepting that disappointment, everything else looks... pretty good? Triplicate protection on all cards is good. Being able to safely DE those cards and still benefit from the protection is even better. The roadmap they posted indicates we're getting achievements later this year, and another new game mode. So that's something else exciting to look forward to.

Demon Hunter I am happy to see, because a new class should shake things up a lot. It is a massive swing from when KoFT came out and they said a new class was not on the table. I do hope this means there's a chance to go back and create a Death Knight class eventually. In WoW Demon Hunter is probably my least favorite class, but hopefully this new Hearthstone take on it will get me. If nothing else it's ~40 free new cards, which I will gladly take.

Priest Changes I honestly have no idea what to make of until I see it in play. There's a lot of good there, but so much has changed I'm not sure I'll even recognize it as Priest anymore.

The Unnerfing of Yogg is probably the memeist thing to come out of the patch, now I just need to find a good spell heavy deck that can survive to the late game to force fools to bow before the god of death.

Oh and the new ranked changes. Not the sexiest thing to think/talk about now, but once it goes live this is probably going to be the biggest change out of any of it. Actual rewards for ranking up, and a progression to go through each month! The original system was too slow and grindy. The current system just offers no progression because there's no incentive to push yourself past whatever plateau you feel like. But now if you push rank each month you're getting a bunch of bonus packs from the latest expansion, which is pretty nice.

Mostly though, the last day I've been spamming battlegrounds. I don't even know why. I haven't been a huge bg player up to now (my rating has consistently hovered between 4500 and 5k, with 100 total wins), the last meta immediately after dragons were added was especially bad for me. But with this change I'm suddenly doing all right. Small sample size sure, but I've played about 8-10 bgs in the last 2 days and have not gone lower than 4th, with 3 first place finishes. I don't know if I'm just finally getting the mode, or if the meta is shifting to suit my playstyle, but I climbed from 4800 to 5600 almost without trying in the last couple of days. Mostly playing Dragons (which seem much stronger now with the buffing dragon being dropped down to tier 3) and Menagerie. I haven't had any real god comps, just grabbing generally good things and it just works even without crazy synergies. The meta as a whole just feels a whole lot less swingy, more hits in the 5-15 range and less in the 20-25 range that I felt like I was seeing a lot a week ago.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoilers are making me want to come back.

Spoiler: And
    Show
    At one point I accidentally sort of designed the Dormant mechanic. My idea was a frozen and stealth undercosted minion. It was viewed as possibly too strong for the cost stat ratios that I had suggested which it might have been since it was a faster mechanic than Dormant.

Also I like the fact that at one point I came up with a card called Skull of Gul'dan which was fairly similar to Skull of the Manari.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

They just revealed a Demon Hunter legendary

Spoiler: Card
    Show
    Kayn Sunfury
    Legendary Demon Hunter Minion
    4/3/5
    Charge
    All friendly attacks ignore Taunt.

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So Demon Hunter is going to be SMORC: The Class.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    They just revealed a Demon Hunter legendary

Show
    Kayn Sunfury
    Legendary Demon Hunter Minion
    4/3/5
    Charge
    All friendly attacks ignore Taunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So Demon Hunter is going to be SMORC: The Class.
    When I said "I'm worried that [Demon Hunter] going to get pigeonholed into just Token Aggro decks", my reasoning was more or less "Demon Hunter doesn't have the previous standard year/6 years in wild to have the resources or tools available to create a viable Control or even Late Game Midrange deck, especially compared to the classic 9." Also, the central Class mechanic of Outcast in general doesn't seem to gel with the long-term gameplan, but along the lines of a hand dumping and top decking answers.

None of my reasons was "Blizzard is literally making 5-star material aggro cards be Demon Hunter's class identity." Surely, Leeroy Jenkins died so that Illidan wouldn't be Tier 0 from day 1.
    Also, isn't this the first time since KoFT we've had a Minion that had the Charge keyword?

In other news, I have my eye on a particular card I fully expect to see on both ends and everywhere in between the Aggro and Control spectrum:
    Spoiler: None will escape my fury!
    Show

Maiev Shadowsong
    4 Mana 4/3 Neutral Legendary Minion
    Battlecry: Choose a Minion. It goes Dormant for 2 turns.

So a Spellbreaker replacement for aggro decks to ignore a taunt to go face, and a super-freeze effect to search for answers in control decks? If she wasn't legendary, I'd put 2 in every deck! As is, I'm tempted to craft her golden on day 1.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    When I said "I'm worried that [Demon Hunter] going to get pigeonholed into just Token Aggro decks", my reasoning was more or less "Demon Hunter doesn't have the previous standard year/6 years in wild to have the resources or tools available to create a viable Control or even Late Game Midrange deck, especially compared to the classic 9." Also, the central Class mechanic of Outcast in general doesn't seem to gel with the long-term gameplan, but along the lines of a hand dumping and top decking answers.

None of my reasons was "Blizzard is literally making 5-star material aggro cards be Demon Hunter's class identity." Surely, Leeroy Jenkins died so that Illidan wouldn't be Tier 0 from day 1.
    Yeah, for a class that they said would have control support, the cards we've seen so far are slanted pretty heavily toward aggro.

Also, isn't this the first time since KoFT we've had a Minion that had the Charge keyword?
    You would be correct

In other news, I have my eye on a particular card I fully expect to see on both ends and everywhere in between the Aggro and Control spectrum:
    Spoiler: None will escape my fury!
    Show

Maiev Shadowsong
    4 Mana 4/3 Neutral Legendary Minion
    Battlecry: Choose a Minion. It goes Dormant for 2 turns.

So a Spellbreaker replacement for aggro decks to ignore a taunt to go face, and a super-freeze effect to search for answers in control decks? If she wasn't legendary, I'd put 2 in every deck! As is, I'm tempted to craft her golden on day 1.
    Pretty excited for her as well. Already trying to think of some dumb combos to do with it.

7. - Top - End - #157

Yeah, for a class that they said would have control support, the cards we've seen so far are slanted pretty heavily toward aggro.
    Some of the people who went to the hearthstone summit thing and got to play with DH a month or so ago indicated they were given about a half dozen different decks to play with. Not sure if any of them were control, but at least one person I heard said their favorite deck was one whose shtick was cheating out big demons. Aggro/Token may be the preferred way to play, but there will be support for more than just the one deck type. And let's face it, all classes have a preferred way to play at any given point, and over time those preferred ways shift (see: the year or two we had of control hunter). I wouldn't call the whole thing a failure even if the only viable deck out the gate is token aggro.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

you guys should have no bad luck today..i just used it all

battlegrounds..playing as deathwing
    turn 1 i buy the divineshield/taunt
    turn 2 i level up
    turn 3 i refresh twice and buy a 2nd divineshield/taunt(cause no rat)
    turn 4 i got down to 3 gold..still no rat so i decided to do nothing but refresh til i got one
    i then proceeded to reach 100 minions seen without getting a rat(including the 12 seen on turn 3)
    finally got a rat on minion 101-104

yeah..26 refreshes on tavern2(including the free ones between turns) before seeing a damn rat--though i did get two rats that turn and went to tavern3 for 1 gold
    BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
    very 1st opponent i faced after getting the rats..yeah, you guessed it..double ghouls with 2nd one killing all my tokens..dropping me down to 5hp and basically ending it
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know about that. I just had a similar game with Deathwing - my first time getting to play him at all, mind you - where I didn't see a Rat Pack at all until a turn or two before I died, by which point it was way too late to take it and just have it be strong, while half of the rest of the lobby found him, including two who tripled him. I wound up in fifth, mostly because I did pick up a Cobalt Guardian and got some good buffs on him - though the rest of my comp never really came together.

Which was immediately followed by a game as the Rat King where I literally never got to use my hero power because it never offered me anything of the appropriate type. And I died in 8th place because it also wasn't offering me anything much that was any good in general, while one of my opponents had a Razorgore + Hangry Dragons comp going by the 9 gold turn and hit me for 19 damage there, only two more than he needed to lethal me.

Just... oof, those hurt.

Edit: But were followed by my first ever "when Reno Jackson actually works out" game:
    Spoiler
    Show

Triple a Piloted Shredder on turn 8 (10 gold) and get Baron Rivendare, immediately golden him. Thought I was going to go for a Goldrin build after I found one of those, but it turned out that the Deathwing in the lobby already had a golden one, two Hydras, and a Mama Bear + Rat Pack package, so I wound up more menagerie instead. Was pretty surprised when triples of Spawn and Selfless Hero all but dropped into my lap in the late game, but I did not complain. The one bit of bad luck was sitting on a second Mechano-Egg for most of the game and not getting to triple that.

(The Egg had Divine Shield + Taunt, and the aforementioned Deathwing was my final opponent - hence the odd positioning of it.)
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-03-22 at 01:31 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Some more thoughts on Ashes of Outland cards:

Spoiler: New Expansion, New Cards
    Show

Evocation
    1 Mana Legendary Mage Spell
    Fill your hand with random Mage Spells. At the end of the turn, discard them.

-People on Reddit and Outof.cards have compared this to Soularium, which is a good comparison, but I'm thinking this as a controlled Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron instead. Obviously in either case the emptier your hand the better, but still, say a quick prayer to RNGesus before casting.

Astromancer Solarian
    3 Mana 3/2 Legendary Mage Minion
    Spell Damage +1, Deathrattle: shuffle 'Solarian Prime' into your deck. (Solarian Prime is a 7 Mana 7/7 Mage Demon with Spell Damage +1, Battlecry: cast 5 random Mage spells (targets enemies when possible.))

-Base form, as always, is a decent minion on her own. However, we're not putting these Legendary Minions in our decks for the base forms, Primes are where it's at! And Solarian Prime is pretty unique, preferring to hit enemies with the random Fireballs and Pyroblasts rather than friendlies... Until you remember Conjurer's Calling is a card that exists and you don't want to use that one as removal. Still, solid card, I expect Solarian to bump up the cost of Highlander Mage by another 1600 dust.

Apexis Blast
    5 Mana Epic Mage Spell
    Deal 5 damage. If your deck has no minions, summon a random 5-cost minion.

-So cheaper Firelands Portal, but you have to make a Spell Mage deck to make it work?... Welp, looks like Astral Rift and Unexpected Results were made a year too early. Otherwise it's Mirror Images for minions right now, so any form of Spell Mage AoO is trying to put out needs a lot more minions-as-spells cards, otherwise right now Apexis Blast is just Apexis instant 100 dust.

Shadowjeweler Hanar
    2 Mana 1/5 Legendary Rogue Minion
    After you play a Secret, Discover a Secret from a different class.

-It's been confirmed over on Twitter and Reddit that he will always offer Secrets from classes other than the one you just played. e.g. When you play a Rogue secret to start, he'll offer a Paladin, a Hunter, and a Mage secret. Play a Paladin secret and he'll offer Rogue, Hunter, and Mage. The fact that you have a choice between which class' secrets is pretty powerful, especially Hunter and Mage's, and Paladin is always good for cycling through the discovers. Perhaps we'll see Hanar in a Thief Quest Secret Rogue. Probably not going to beat out whatever Galakrond Rogue evolves into with the expansion, but it could be a fun experiment deck to play with.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I think pogohopper needs to be moved down to tier 1, or they need a pogohopper legendary that adds hoppers to your hand. As they add more creatures it becomes worse and worse, I haven't seen a single hopper deck since dragons dropped.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

So, second game in as many days as the Rat King, and I'm increasingly skeptical that even un-nerfing him has helped him. I actually got to use his hero power this time... exactly once, on turn 1, when I got an Alley Cat. Which was good for the first couple of turns, sure, but then I never again saw a chance to get his buff, and wound up dead in 7th. I'm starting to think that diluting the pool of minions with Dragons and adding that as a fifth variation of his hero power hurt him quite a lot, and it just went unnoticed because people had largely stopped picking him by the time the Dragons update happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I think pogohopper needs to be moved down to tier 1, or they need a pogohopper legendary that adds hoppers to your hand. As they add more creatures it becomes worse and worse, I haven't seen a single hopper deck since dragons dropped.
    Uh, I think you might be confused. Are you under the impression that they intend Pogo Hoppers to be a legitimate, balanced choice in the Battlegrounds? Because I sincerely doubt that. They're a meme - always have been, always will be. If they become a worse meme, who cares? Nobody picks them if they're looking to win anyway, only if they're hoping to high-roll like crazy and put it on Youtube or something.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    So, second game in as many days as the Rat King, and I'm increasingly skeptical that even un-nerfing him has helped him. I actually got to use his hero power this time... exactly once, on turn 1, when I got an Alley Cat. Which was good for the first couple of turns, sure, but then I never again saw a chance to get his buff, and wound up dead in 7th. I'm starting to think that diluting the pool of minions with Dragons and adding that as a fifth variation of his hero power hurt him quite a lot, and it just went unnoticed because people had largely stopped picking him by the time the Dragons update happened.

Uh, I think you might be confused. Are you under the impression that they intend Pogo Hoppers to be a legitimate, balanced choice in the Battlegrounds? Because I sincerely doubt that. They're a meme - always have been, always will be. If they become a worse meme, who cares? Nobody picks them if they're looking to win anyway, only if they're hoping to high-roll like crazy and put it on Youtube or something.
    They don't have to be though. I used to be able to do well with Shudderwock+hoppers, they are too watered down now for it to work. I'm not saying they should be tier 1, just able to work well once in a while.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    They don't have to be though. I used to be able to do well with Shudderwock+hoppers, they are too watered down now for it to work. I'm not saying they should be tier 1, just able to work well once in a while.
    Agreed that it used to be at least on the edge of viable, good enough that if you saw a couple early you could pick them up on the offchance it works out, especially when playing a hero like Shudderwock.

But now it is just not reasonable in any situation. I wouldn't want them to make pogos meta by buffing it too much, but I would like to see either a push into viability, or just removing it from the tavern so it isn't popping up as something just preventing me from seeing something I might consider drafting.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Played a fair bit of Battlegrounds last night and am coming to the conclusion that unless you have buffed dragons already, Razorgore, even early, is a trap.

Edit: What a weird Reno game. Was pressured early and was getting destroyed and was thinking about hero powering a spawn, but ended up hero powering the Bagurgle I picked up with a decent murloc board. That was good enough for me to stabilize long enough to hit 2nd. I think the Deathwing was just sweeping through the lobby, so that's why what I thought was a weak board ended up being enough.
    Last edited by Joran; 2020-03-22 at 04:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Played a fair bit of Battlegrounds last night and am coming to the conclusion that unless you have buffed dragons already, Razorgore, even early, is a trap.
    I have found that the biggest decider for dragons is if you get Kalegos within a turn of tier 6. If yes you pump your side so fast nothing keeps up, if not your end game is relatively weak and demons or murlocs eats you.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, finally finished the heroic Galakrond's awakening stuff. It was a fun challenge to do so; and I chose to not look up any ways to do it online so I had to figure it out myself, and stick to using standard cards so I'd have to use more recent cheese comboes rather than just old ones (admittedly a lot of the ways I won are still well known older comboes that are in the classic card pool). The hardest time for me was fighting the Reno in evil 4-2; went through about 8 different deck designs and several hours of trying things until I found a deck that could work on a lucky game. Quite a few of the decks that won at various levels could only do so on a high roll (i.e. getting lucky).

Many of the weaker ones were just beaten with a fairly generic Heart of Virnaal deck; there were a few special decks made for specific heroes that are pretty easy when you build for them, but don't fall so easily to the more generic strong decks. For the tougher stuff; I had to use freeze mage variants a few times, Alextrasza (I remember back when they use to make the bosses alex immune, that was so long ago now), linecracker/bees, and a pogo hopper deck.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

18. - Top - End - #168

I'm pretty hype for the new Druid legendary

Show
    Ysiel Windsinger
    Legendary Druid Minion
    9/5/5
    Your spells cost (1).

Don't know whether she'll be good or not, but more combo stuff is always nice
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-03-23 at 10:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty hype for the new Druid legendary

Show
    Ysiel Windsinger
    Legendary Druid Minion
    9/5/5
    Your spells cost (1).

Don't know whether she'll be good or not, but more combo stuff is always nice
    Remember kids, in Wild you have to Innervate first or Coin first before playing her + Ultimate Infestation.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember kids, in Wild you have to Innervate first or Coin first before playing her + Ultimate Infestation.
    Even then, Mana maxes out at 10. At least Biology Project will still give you an extra mana after playing her- OH WAIT that's Wild only.

Don't get me wrong, it's a powerful combo enabler, but the only reason why it will see play at all is because of Imprisoned Satyr. However, I think Kael'thas or Malygos would be far better targets for Satyr discounts. Right now, I'm doubtful Ysiel can do anything different.

Paladin got some interesting cards, and they probably need it with rotation taking away Mech Paladin:
    Spoiler: For the Light!
    Show

Aldor Attendant
    2 Mana 2/3 Common Paladin Minion
    Battlecry: Reduce the cost of your Librams by (1) this game.

Aldor Truthseeker
    5 Mana 4/6 Rare Paladin Minion
    Taunt. Battlecry: Reduce the cost of your Librams by (2) this game.
    -I put these two together because they have similar effects. Decent minions on their own, but become that much better the more Librams (below) you put in your deck. Notably, they reduce the cost of Librams for the rest of the game, not just whatever ones you have in your hand or deck, so any copies of Librams you generate off of Liadrin or Lightforged Crusader is exceptionally good.

Libram of Justice
    6 Mana Common Paladin Spell
    Equip a 1/4 Weapon. Change the health of all enemy minions to 1.
    -Equality that only hits the enemy? Equality that I can significantly discount with Aldors? I like it!

Libram of Wisdom
    2 Mana Rare Paladin Spell
    Give a minion +1/+1 and "Deathrattle: add a 'Libram of Wisdom' to your hand."
    -It's already an Explorer's Hat, but you can again discount it with the Aldors, and since those discounts apply for the rest of the game, it won't be unheard of for this to be a 0 mana spell. I'll take two gold copies, please!

Libram of Hope
    9 Mana Epic Paladin Spell
    Restore 8 Health. Summon an 8/8 Guardian with Taunt and Divine Shield.
    -If I didn't know about the Aldors, this would've felt slightly over-costed for little impact. But when this starts getting to 7 or 6 cost, it's starting to look pretty crazy. And being able to have two copies of each of the Aldors means that this could be 3 Mana!

Hand of A'dal
    2 Mana Common Paladin Spell
    Give a minion +2/+2. Draw a card.
    -Simple, effective, I'm always running 2 in my Paladin decks, even if this isn't a Libram card (though it probably be broken if it was.)

Lady Liadrin
    7 Mana 4/6 Legendary Paladin Minion
    Battlecry: Add a copy of each spell you cast on friendly characters this game to your hand.
    -Yeah, now that we know more about the buff spells Paladin has this expansion, I think it's safe to say that Liadrin will be pretty good. I'll experiment with a Libram Lightforged Paladin deck if I can.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Those look pretty spicy, it just feels like a few sets too late almost.

Rastakhan's Rumble seems like a set that should have been in with some of these newer sets, because pretty much nothing from that entire set has been used for the last two years, and NOW they're printing stuff that could have paired well with them. I always wanted to make Heal Paladin work, and I think all it needed was something like Libram of Hope to make it work.

As-is Shirvalla is basically the only card from that expansion that saw play for Paladins.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Agreed on all points, @Rynjin.
    The new cards bring me hope for my favorite class once again. Let's hope this time I'm not fooled again, as I have been all of last year. :/

Also, on BT news, I'm struggling at the 7k score point. Went to 7150, back to 6800 and back again at 7100, settling down at 7005 for now. New Finley, Nozdormu and Malygos are some of my new favorites, together with AFKay, Yogg and Lich King (and Patchwerk, although less so lately). Also, giving a chance to Millhouse now that he's crazy strong (buy 2 at turn 1 with token, holymackerel!).
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    But now it is just not reasonable in any situation. I wouldn't want them to make pogos meta by buffing it too much, but I would like to see either a push into viability, or just removing it from the tavern so it isn't popping up as something just preventing me from seeing something I might consider drafting.
    I mean, they still have their uses. I drafted a pair and they served a solid purpose. Sure, it was literally just fodder for Kalecgos and useful only because it has the text battlecry on it, but that still served some purpose.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Two related thoughts: 1. I despise rez priest. Everything about that current archetype feels horrible: the absurd healing, the never ending taunts, and the drawing an albatross when it's a 2/20 chance. 2. I'm going to miss Leeroy for his ability to screw up the rez pool. He's the only 'tech' card a lot of decks have to screw up priest's pool which seemed to be aggro or tempo's only hope against it. (Along with hoping for Priest to get bad draws.) Priest isn't losing much of that deck with the rotation and none of the classic priest set changes mess with it and everyone else is getting indirectly weaker against it.

I hope it doesn't get any more popular than it is. I might honestly stop playing constructed if it does. No, this post wasn't prompted by back to back priest games whatever gave you that idea...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Two related thoughts: 1. I despise rez priest. Everything about that current archetype feels horrible: the absurd healing, the never ending taunts, and the drawing an albatross when it's a 2/20 chance. 2. I'm going to miss Leeroy for his ability to screw up the rez pool. He's the only 'tech' card a lot of decks have to screw up priest's pool which seemed to be aggro or tempo's only hope against it. (Along with hoping for Priest to get bad draws.) Priest isn't losing much of that deck with the rotation and none of the classic priest set changes mess with it and everyone else is getting indirectly weaker against it.

I hope it doesn't get any more popular than it is. I might honestly stop playing constructed if it does. No, this post wasn't prompted by back to back priest games whatever gave you that idea...
    What else are Priests supposed to play? Look at all their cards from the 2019 set rotation. They had Divine Spirit/Inner Fire combo Priest that relied on just a couple of Priest cards, and that will be gone with the loss of both Topsy Turyv and Divine Spirit. Then there's Rez Priest and Quest Rez Priest.

That's it. Priest has been given utter trash consistently for the past couple years, which is why they keep falling back on Neutral cards that interact well with their base set. With the changing of the base set, even that is gone. The new cards are pushing a board-centric midrange Priest, but I'm not optimistic.

Without Rise of Shadows and Saviors of Uldum giving them the Resurrect archetype, Priest would not currently exist as a class. The other expansions they've had are THAT bad.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    What else are Priests supposed to play? Look at all their cards from the 2019 set rotation. They had Divine Spirit/Inner Fire combo Priest that relied on just a couple of Priest cards, and that will be gone with the loss of both Topsy Turyv and Divine Spirit. Then there's Rez Priest and Quest Rez Priest.

That's it. Priest has been given utter trash consistently for the past couple years, which is why they keep falling back on Neutral cards that interact well with their base set. With the changing of the base set, even that is gone. The new cards are pushing a board-centric midrange Priest, but I'm not optimistic.

Without Rise of Shadows and Saviors of Uldum giving them the Resurrect archetype, Priest would not currently exist as a class. The other expansions they've had are THAT bad.
    A different class.

I get it, that's the problem. The only good cards they get are rez priest ones. I just hate that archetype: I find it horrible to play against and don't enjoy playing it. I can't blame priest players for playing it since it's their only priest option. I mean I can and I do since it hate it so much but I recognize that's a personal issue. I don't want it getting any more popular since I hate playing it. Since Blizzard is going to rework the classic priest cards, it'd be nice if they actually gave them other options instead of just removing one.

Priest used to be my favorite class, it's the only one I have 500 wins on, I enjoyed trying to find efficient ways to trade and using the hero power to get extra value. I loved the archetypes that were more midrangey, whether it was the original mid-range priest with injured blademaster+circle of healing or spiteful summoner that only ran mind control and free from amber. Heck I even enjoyed the silence/combo priest with humongous razorleaf which was never great. My all time favorite was probably tempo dragon priest that had 2X Mindblast and Holy Fire as a finishers. I wish they'd gotten cards to support those archetypes, instead it's just boring unfun rez decks. So I switched classes.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

RIP Cobalt Guardian in Battlegrounds.

Replaced with a new mech Deflect-o-bot: 3 star, 3/2 divine shield mech, when you summon a mech during combat, gain divine shield and +1 attack.

New Murloc card: Felfin Navigator: 3 star, 4/4, +1/+1 to all other Murlocs.

New Hero: Illidan, Start of combat, your left and right minions attack immediately (I wonder if this overrides the usual attack ordering between players).

The new Murloc kind of scares me because it makes that mid-game full Murloc better.
    Last edited by Joran; 2020-03-26 at 12:23 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

RIP Cobalt Guardian in Battlegrounds.

Replaced with a new mech Deflect-o-bot: 3 star, 3/2 divine shield mech, when you summon a mech during combat, gain divine shield and +1 attack.

New Murloc card: Felfin Navigator: 3 star, 4/4, +1/+1 to all other Murlocs.

New Hero: Illidan, Start of combat, your left and right minions attack immediately (I wonder if this overrides the usual attack ordering)
    Illidan seems great, especially with Demons where you want them to die in a specific order.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Are Priest changes today too?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Are Priest changes today too?
    Yeah. I got 3k dust as a gift when it happened.