New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

I forgot that the preorder opening thing was this weekend. Time to go check if it's too late to sign up and open packs.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I forgot that the preorder opening thing was this weekend. Time to go check if it's too late to sign up and open packs.
    I know you can pre-order up to a few hours before the expansion actually drops, since I've done it before. Not sure on early opening though since I always wait to do so until day of anyway.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Early opening can be done right up until the night before, iirc. You have to schedule it at least an hour in advance though

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

4. - Top - End - #214

Yep I was able to schedule it for about 1.5 hours in the future, but as soon as I logged on it let me start up the Fireside Gathering and open packs.

My legendaries from packs were a bit slow at first, but the last 30 packs made up for it. My haul:

08 - Al'ar
    29 - Shadowjeweler Hanar
    51 - Keli'dan the Breaker
    60 - Magtheridon
    75 - Kanrethad Ebonlocke
    83 - Reliquary of Souls
    90 - Akama

Shadowjeweler is the most interesting pull there, but 7 legends in 90 packs is pretty solid.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I don't really think Embiggen is the problem child in Arena. Dragon Queen Alexstraza maybe. But a quick look at HS replay shows Embiggen is great but isn't sitting on top of either deck win rate or played win rates.

Looking at the Lightforge Embiggen is rated as a 174, which is a very powerful card (In ADWCTA's opinion anything over 150 shouldn't exist), but it is only the 5th highest rated card for Druids, behind Zephrys, Octosari, Oasis Surger, and Siamat. (Interestingly Lightforge does put Embiggen ahead of Winged Guardian and Emerald Explorer, but looking at the HSReplay stats I would have said both of those were better).

Hearth Arena looks even more poorly at Embiggen, placing it as a low premium card (81 on their scale, just barely above the cutoff for a "Great" card. By comparison there's about 26 cards rated above Embiggen for Druid on the Hearth Arena tier list)
    Weird. I only had Oasis Surger out of that list of top 5. No Winged Guardian either. A normal Oasis Surger felt powerful but not imbalanced - it's essentially a 5 mana 6/6 Rush. The Embiggened version is just straight broken, since at that point you're playing the Quest Druid version of the card without playing the Quest. 5 mana 10/10 with Rush is just backbreaking.

I mean, I'll take the easiest 12 win Arena run I've ever had. My final opponent surrendered on turn 8 after the second Embiggened Emerald Explorer. It still felt like there was something seriously amiss for me to be able to cruise from 6 wins to 12 wins without ever being seriously threatened.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Weird. I only had Oasis Surger out of that list of top 5. No Winged Guardian either. A normal Oasis Surger felt powerful but not imbalanced - it's essentially a 5 mana 6/6 Rush. The Embiggened version is just straight broken, since at that point you're playing the Quest Druid version of the card without playing the Quest. 5 mana 10/10 with Rush is just backbreaking.

I mean, I'll take the easiest 12 win Arena run I've ever had. My final opponent surrendered on turn 8 after the second Embiggened Emerald Explorer. It still felt like there was something seriously amiss for me to be able to cruise from 6 wins to 12 wins without ever being seriously threatened.
    Hey, take the easy 12 when you can get it. It's great that it worked out for you, and that Embiggen felt like it carried the day (and it might have, it's still considered a great card across the board, just not a game breaking one).

In other news, I finally crossed 6500 in Battlegrounds, which according to those stats released a while back is roughly equivalent to old rank 5, I am pretty happy with hitting that milestone. I don't think I'm quite good enough at BGs to ever cross into the 8k+ bracket that seems to be all the top tier players, but I am definitely having fun with it.

I also cruised into the Diamond league in constructed yesterday with a nice win streak on the back of Dragon Hunter. Made it to Diamond 8 before the streak was broken and I decided it was a good time to let it rest until the expansion hits.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Well since we haven't had a "Predict which card/Legendary will be meta" game, I'm just gonna share my shakey base and not-even-dad-legend skills to predict the overall Ashes of Outland meta.
    Spoiler: Warning: I haven't even made it to Diamond yet.
    Show

Demon Hunter: Everyone plays him, and with the Basic and Initiate set for free, there's a lot to experiment with. Unfortunately, the only memorable thing about Demon Hunter is whatever Aggro/Face deck that rises to the top, and no one will appreciate the Big Demon variants.

Druid: Spell Token experimented, but ultimately plays second fiddle to Embiggen Druid. Embiggen Druid gains little from AoO, but Marsh Hydra is a terrifying high roll and Embiggen Druid didn't need to improve that much in the first place. Combo Druid tries to make Imprisoned Satyr work, but turns out even Dreampetal Florist's ability to make your opponent waste tempo or removal with the threat of further discounts was key, as Aggro Decks will gladly take the "3 mana do nothing this turn and the next turn" play to set up lethal before Malygos/Kael'thas combo connects.

Hunter: Whatever fun Handbuff/Deathrattle Beast deck AoO Hunter tries to make, gets stampeded to death by Face Hunter and Dragon Hunter losing basically nothing. If anything, those two decks become scarier with Pack Tactics, easily replacing Snake Trap. That said, the Handbuff/Deathrattle package does find a home in Highlander builds.

Mage: It's Highlander or bust, and Spells Only Mage is a major bust. Even then, Highlander Mage has to contend with not one, but two Hunters, being Illidan and Rexxar, and gets dunked into Tier 4 without Zilliax to bail them out. The Secret Package only gets used in Wild.

Paladin: Without Mechs, it's Libram/Pure Paladin and Murlocs. Thanks to Libram of Hope being healing and a Divine Shield Taunt, they don't get stomped to death by Illidan and Rexxar, and only just make it to Tier 2. Everyone keeps calling Imprisoned Sungill a bad card, but they clearly don't understand the sheer power of this amazing curve: T1 Righteous Cause, T2 2xImprisoned Sungill, T3 Underlight Angling Rod (face or trade, this is fine), T4 MY SUNGILLS ARE FREED, NOW WITH +1/+1 TO MY BOARD! BUT THAT'S NOT ALL, I PLAY COLDLIGHT SE- wait what? You played Doomsayer on your T3?... the victory is yours. *Boom*

Priest: Despite Blizzard's attempts at creating a Tempo Priest, no one plays it, and sticks to Resurrect Priest, which has the new annoying tool of Requilary of Souls. Even resurrecting the base form is fine, as it shuffles even more Primes into your deck, but making Requilary Prime along with Khartuts is back breaking for Aggro. And with no one playing Terrorguard Escapee or Zul'drak Ritualist to counter, Resurrect Priest is only countered by Combo Druid.

Rogue: With Galakrond and Highlander Galakrond, Rogue has it good. Secrets get their experimentation, but too many people play their Edwins when their Bamboozle is on the field, and start calling the package bad instead of reassessing their plays and deckbuilding. Stealth package does make it's way into the Galakrond decks, giving it even more card draws, and hard to remove minions to setup surprise lethal turns.

Shaman: Control Shaman becomes a thing with the new Spells, and the Evolve Package adds an alternative deckbuild to Quest Shaman. However, Control Shaman quickly becomes Galakrond Shaman, with the Spell and Elemental package bolstering it's anti-aggro.

Warlock: Tries to make Zoo happen, but dies to Illidan and Rexxar. Tries to make Handlock happen, but loses a lot of consistency without Mountain Giant... and dies to Illidan and Rexxar.

Warrior: Pirate and Galakrond Warrior fight over Tier 1 with Corsair Cache making Ancharr on Turn 3 super consistent, and Galakrond Warrior also appreciates Corsair Cache making their weapon consistent, especially for the latter not having Acolyte or Town Crier to draw their other key cards. However, Galakrond also uses Bonechewer Raider, Warmaul Challenger, and of course Kargath Bladefist, probably winning out in the end over Pirate.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I finally worked my way up into platinum in Wild with Quest Mage. The higher I go the easier the matchups seem to be, at lower levels the all in aggro decks could kill me before I comboed but here I run into a lot more durdy control decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Paladin: Without Mechs, it's Libram/Pure Paladin and Murlocs. Thanks to Libram of Hope being healing and a Divine Shield Taunt, they don't get stomped to death by Illidan and Rexxar, and only just make it to Tier 2. Everyone keeps calling Imprisoned Sungill a bad card, but they clearly don't understand the sheer power of this amazing curve: T1 Righteous Cause, T2 2xImprisoned Sungill, T3 Underlight Angling Rod (face or trade, this is fine), T4 MY SUNGILLS ARE FREED, NOW WITH +1/+1 TO MY BOARD! BUT THAT'S NOT ALL, I PLAY COLDLIGHT SE- wait what? You played Doomsayer on your T3?... the victory is yours. *Boom*
    I think you're being a bit hard on Murloc Paladin. Nobody runs Doomsayer, and Pally is likely to have the board early against any deck that would consider running it; it saves them 7 face damage, it doesn't wipe your board.

Murloc Paladin is my pick for "sleeper" deck of the expansion, specifically a Murloc Dragon Paladin. I ran something like it last expansion (before Galakrond's Awakening even dropped) and I can say from experience that Skyfin is a brutal card for a lot of decks to deal with. Having T4 Mega-Murloc board into T5 Mega-Murloc board is reaching Token Druid levels of "Oh god the waves just keep coming".

10. - Top - End - #220

V E N G E A N C E is out!

Played a couple games with Demon Hunter to complete quests. There are a good few voicelines with 'Vengeance' in them. In particular, the Illidari summoned by a couple cards have it as their attack line, and boy does that get repetitive.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

One last result of Dragon's Descent from the Quest Chain:
    1 Depth Charge, and 20 Dust from extra commons. (I honestly forgot I didn't open a Depth Charge from DoD at all. To think I'd thought this would be a second copy of Doomsayer for Highlander Decks.)

Opened 63 Ashes of Outlands packs:
    Spoiler: Ashes to Ashes, Arcane Dust to Arcane Dust
    Show

Legendaries:
    -Akama, Teron Gorefiend

Epics:
    -Mo'arg Artificer, Sethekk Veilweaver, Darkglare x2, Greyheart Sage x2, Shadow Council, Libram of Hope, Replicat-o-tron, Boggspine Knuckles, Pit Commander, Warglaives of Azzinoth x2, Warmaul Challenger, Waste Warden, Bamboozle

Golden Rares:
    -Priestess of Fury x2, Psyche Split, Blistering Rot, Bloodboil Brute, Furious Felfin

Came out a bit short of Legendaries, but I have the dust to spend so I'm not bothered too much by that. Getting Akama is nice, since I have 2 Greyheart Sages to complete the Stealth Package, and Teron will make a fine addition to any Zoo deck. Getting 16 Epics in 63 packs is certainly above average. Planning on crafting Solarian and Maiev after my third Legendary opening.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I did better than usual, netting 6 Legendaries from my 70 packs. I didn't get any of the ones I wanted, but it seems churlish to complain. I love the duplicate protection - normally I wind up with huge gaps in the Rares, and this time I have just about all of them.

Built a Spell Mage deck for my first of the expansion, and so far it's a lot more impressive than the preview streams indicate. I absolutely flattened the first few Galakrond Rogues that I met, and have largely holding my own against the Demon Hunters. Whether I win against them or not is much more dependent on my draw and whether or not they get an insane Outcast combo off.

I'm pretty proud of my deck construction for the Spell Mage - I normally suck at building decks, but I built mine before Kibler built his and we have 29 cards in common (only difference is secret choice). Feels good.

I also experienced my first Malygos Druid just a couple hours into the expansion. He was one Moonfire off from killing me from 30 HP by playing a 0 mana Malygos into Swipe/Swipe/Moonfire/Moonfire. I hate that card so much.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

I got the precise minimum 3 Legendaries out of 90 packs. None of them are ones I wanted either: Lady Vashj, Magtheridon, and Alar.

At least I got Golden Liadrin from the pre-order.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-04-07 at 04:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I got myself to Diamond rank today thanks to a libram deck. Might just be because people don't have yet a hang on the meta, but I quite like it.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I got the precise minimum 3 Legendaries out of 90 packs. None of them are ones I wanted either: Lady Vashj, Magtheridon, and Alar.

At least I got Golden Liadrin from the pre-order.
    Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with my legendaries, too. I did get Bulwark of Azzinoth as my pre-order bonus, though, which is at least a cool card if not good.

I'm 2 or 3 packs away from having all of the Rares, and I gotta say, it's really nice to have that instead of big gaps in my collection from just opening the same rare 7 times.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    I'm 2 or 3 packs away from having all of the Rares, and I gotta say, it's really nice to have that instead of big gaps in my collection from just opening the same rare 7 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I did better than usual, netting 6 Legendaries from my 70 packs. I didn't get any of the ones I wanted, but it seems churlish to complain. I love the duplicate protection - normally I wind up with huge gaps in the Rares, and this time I have just about all of them.
    Yeah, I think it's one of the best QoL features so far. Getting 16+ Epics would've felt a lot worse if I'd gotten nothing but Waste Wardens. Even Commons like Righteous Protector or Sandhoof Waterbearer used to elude me, and it felt especially bad having to craft cards like them.

Does mean that packs are slightly quicker to being 60 dust per, but honestly I feel great about it.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pleased and amused that, in playing my very old-school Handlock (GvG era) in Wild Casual to complete quests today, I actually managed to win two out of my three games. Totally destroyed someone playing the new class, even. Turns out that playing Imprisoned OP Demon Dude, even twice, is much less impressive when your opponent can throw down a board of Giants and Sylvanas Windrunner in the mid-game. 10 random damage? That tickles.

Anyway, it's a good sign that I had nearly twice as much gold as I needed for the Battlegrounds pass. Don't think it'll be a problem to keep playing that exclusively (aside from those wild games to complete quests) given that. I will need to remember that I have those arena tickets and actually use them at some point though, which honestly might be hard, I haven't played arena outside of the specific events where they passed out freebie tickets in literally years.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-04-07 at 08:50 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #228

Got 4 more legendaries out of my 75 packs from gold, for a total of 11 in 165 packs. Average expected in that number of packs is 9, so feel pretty good about that.

Spoiler
    Show
    08 - Al'ar
    29 - Shadowjeweler Hanar
    51 - Keli'dan the Breaker
    60 - Magtheridon
    75 - Kanrethad Ebonlocke
    83 - Reliquary of Souls
    90 - Akama
    99 - Bulwark of Azinoth
    122 - Beastmaster Leoroxx
    146 - Zixor, Apex Predator
    151 - Evocation

Just now sitting down at a point where I can start playing a few games, but from what I'm hearing the meta is currently 90% demon hunters who are pretty OP. So much for getting to meme it up for a few days before everyone starts tryharding.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Just now sitting down at a point where I can start playing a few games, but from what I'm hearing the meta is currently 90% demon hunters who are pretty OP. So much for getting to meme it up for a few days before everyone starts tryharding.
    Um, I'd expect that to be the case completely regardless of how good the class was, at least for the first couple of days. That's how it goes when new DLC characters get released in fighting games - you see much more of people playing the new character for the first few days to a week after they come out than you do people playing almost anything else, because it's new and exciting. And with this new hero being free, and literally the first time Hearthstone has ever had a new hero, I would expect it to be even more prevalent than a typical fighting game DLC character.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-04-07 at 10:06 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #230
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I only opened about 25 ish packs. Nothing I really wanted, i.e. Maeiv or Kayn, most excited for the one Bamboozle I pulled. I haven't looked too much into the cards yet to know what I to play yet. I've got a 50g do damage to heroes quest I need to reroll so I probably won't play much until tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show

Legendaries

Lady Liadrin
    Ysiel Windsinger

Epics

Pit Commander X2
    Ghostly Swarm
    Bamboozle
    Boggspine Knuckles
    Replicat-o-tron

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Chalk up another one for the Lady Liadrin legendary team!
    Only 12 packs from gold for me, no pre-order. Gotta get the rest out of doing quests, the school way. Already loving the duplicate protection! No more "My only epics in 50 packs are <insert joke card here>".
    On the other hand, dusted all wild cards, so when we get a new and revised view of the meta, I'm sure I'll be able to build whatever deck happens to be OP. Heck, maybe even Warlock or Mage, which I only stopped insta-dusting cards last year. Playing Galakrond Warlock ended up being surprisingly fun!
    As for BG, no pass for me, too costly considering that I also collect the cards and play standard. Still gonna play it, though, the format is too good!
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

22. - Top - End - #232

So I had gotten the preorder bundle with 4 arena tickets, and a bonus ticket from letting my arena run expire from last season. (Btw anyone not doing this, you absolutely should. You spend 150g and even if you hate arena, you peek over and draft a deck, and you'll get a pack and some free dust every 2 months or so. If you play at all, those rewards go up). I decided to play some Arena and see what all the fuss about DH being the highest arena win rate class ever was all about.

I found out from the other side. Because in 4 drafts so far, I have not been offered DH once. Every time I run into a DH, I have gotten stomped. Try to play aggro against them? Their start is just as fast, but they have a stronger late game. Try to play control or midrange against them? They swarm you in the early game and you lose. I have to imagine their 60% win rate is being held back by mirror matches, because across 4 arena runs I've encountered 8 demon hunters, accounting for 8 of my 10 losses this morning. I'm not the best arena player, but I have a good grasp on the fundamentals, pay attention to the meta, and generally average ~4-5 wins. Not quite infinite level, but good enough I can generally make a profit when I decide to focus and spend some time on it.

Today? I've gone 1-3, 2-3, 2-3, 0-1. And am at the point where I'm too tilted to even bother finishing out my current draft, which wound up being a really awkward rogue draft with some good value cards, but is just too slow to work for a rogue.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Honestly, as a f2p the tavern pass makes me want to make a second account for just battlegrounds. 2500 g away from packs isn't something I'm willing to waste on my main account, but given a free deck and the change to make quests 'play' not 'win' it wouldn't be hard to farm by just doing quests every 3 days or so. Since there's a different ranking system and your card collection has no effect, there's no incentive to do it on my main other than not having to log out to play battlegrounds...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Honestly, as a f2p the tavern pass makes me want to make a second account for just battlegrounds. 2500 g away from packs isn't something I'm willing to waste on my main account, but given a free deck and the change to make quests 'play' not 'win' it wouldn't be hard to farm by just doing quests every 3 days or so. Since there's a different ranking system and your card collection has no effect, there's no incentive to do it on my main other than not having to log out to play battlegrounds...
    That's probably the right idea if you want to play both, honeslty. You're completely correct that quests now just wanting you to play matches, not win them, makes farming them extremely easy, no matter your collection - that's what I've done since quitting standard, just taking old decks I used to like into Wild Casual when I have 3 quests to collect, and expecting to lose with them. Stands to reason you could do the same with a new account with just basic cards. Probably takes around a month to accumulate the 2500 gp, but after the first time, should be easy to keep up.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So, it looks like I'm done with Hearthstone for the foreseeable future. Whizzbang cycled out, and he was the only reason I still did Ranked at all, giving me tolerable decks I didn't have to go through the trouble of netdecking.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Anyway, it's a good sign that I had nearly twice as much gold as I needed for the Battlegrounds pass. Don't think it'll be a problem to keep playing that exclusively (aside from those wild games to complete quests) given that. I will need to remember that I have those arena tickets and actually use them at some point though, which honestly might be hard, I haven't played arena outside of the specific events where they passed out freebie tickets in literally years.
    Yeah, I bought the Battlegrounds pass too. I'm at 8800 MMR and need every advantage to push for 9K.

I think someone sat down and did the math and you get enough gold if you clear your quests every day for a month. I had 8K+ gold for this expansion, even after buying the adventure.

I did end up completely draining my gold though after buying 59 packs + battlegrounds pass. I got every rare in the set, which is so helpful. All my excess dust can go towards Epic/Legendary cards once the meta settles down. I already hit Diamond 10 and still have a x2 multiplier to hit Diamond 5. Probably won't push for Legend.
    Last edited by Joran; 2020-04-08 at 11:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Am I the only one not seeing why so many people are so salty about Demon Hunter? Yeah, their cards are good...but so are most of the other class'. I don't think I've lost a game against Demon Hunter yet playing Pure Libram Paladin or Murloc Paladin.

Their ability to deal with big minions is, much like post-Naturalize Druid, pretty much nonexistent, and they fare little better against wide boards. It seems a lot like playing against Tempo Rogue or something; as long as you can take the initiative back from them, you're golden.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Am I the only one not seeing why so many people are so salty about Demon Hunter? Yeah, their cards are good...but so are most of the other class'. I don't think I've lost a game against Demon Hunter yet playing Pure Libram Paladin or Murloc Paladin.

Their ability to deal with big minions is, much like post-Naturalize Druid, pretty much nonexistent, and they fare little better against wide boards. It seems a lot like playing against Tempo Rogue or something; as long as you can take the initiative back from them, you're golden.
    I think most people don't see it as OP, just really boring. Face Hunter was already a thing, they axed it so they could remake it as a distinct class.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I think most people don't see it as OP, just really boring. Face Hunter was already a thing, they axed it so they could remake it as a distinct class.
    When did they axe Face Hunter? Pretty much all the key cards are still in.

DH is definitely aggressive, but I have yet to face one that is quite a SMOrc-tastic as Face Hunter. There's a surprising number of decks out there with Questing Adventurer in them, which is part of my Tempo Rogue comparison.

30. - Top - End - #240

I cruised from Diamond 10 to Diamond 3 without losing a game to anything other than the mirror match. If I had more stamina I probably could have pushed it to Legend, but I can only take so many games in a day. Every Libram Paladin, Spell Mage, Tempo/Clone Priest, were basically free wins. I don't think I even saw any of the other classes (actually I did see a couple Druids, they were too slow and I never really saw them play much).

Demon Hunter really is that good. In the Diamond to legend ranks, it is the only class that has a positive win rate. In Wild, it is over 55% win rate, toppling even Secret Mage which has been the meta definer there for a long time. In Arena, it came close to 60% win rate, and is the only class with positive win rate.

We aren't looking at a case of "Everyone's playing the fun new toy and that's inflating representation", that may be a part of it, but if that was all, it would not be so completely dominant statistically. The class is very overtuned, and nobody has found a way to effectively counter it, even when trying old standbys like Res Priest and double Sac Pact Handlock.

First, it really is actually OP. Second, it's not just a pure Face class like Face Hunter of old. That is one build of the deck. There's also a midrange variant. A combo variant. A singleton variant. Even a control variant. It's hard to tell them apart because the early game is identical for all versions of the deck, but how much of that early game they keep, and what they slot into the mid/late game makes the deck play very differently.