Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (FILLED) Leostales's Story-Heavy 5e game (OOC)

I'm still interested.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

well, i'm still interested but will this site stay up?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'll pm the others and see if they're still interested.
    Spoiler: FFRP Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Crap, I didn't see notifications and didn't remember to check in here. Or I'm an idiot, either works.

I'm still interested if it's still worth it! ...I hadn't linked anything before the fall of the forum right?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Beware of Bites is recruiting!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sorry for the absence, I've been really busy with school recently. I'm on spring break now, so I definitely have the time to get this started. If you guys are still good, let's do it.

To recap:

Still Interested:
    Ramsus (Posted Link)
    CallMeLothar (posted link)
    Valmark
    Imbalance (posted link)

@Valmark
    You haven't posted a link to a character sheet.

@CallMeLothar @Imbalance
    I don't see any bio info on the link you sent me. Do you think you could post it in the thread? (Even if it's the same as the one you stated earlier in the thread).

Actually, if everyone could put their character bio in the thread, that would be great.
    Last edited by Leostales; 2020-03-09 at 06:40 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Bio
    Show

Spoiler: General Info
    Show

Female, 19, 4'5", 81lbs.
    Hair: Pink
    Eyes: Gold
    Skin: Cream

Origin: Tribal Nomad

Note: Her other traveling clothes is a cowgirl style outfit and the costume is a silk dancing outfit.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Pastelle was born into the nomad Raptor Clan. One of several nomadic Gria clans that roam various lands as they tend to their wide assortment of animals that include chocobo, cows, deer, sheep, dogs, and many others.

She was always unusually weak of arm for a Gria, who despite being a small and slender race are most often more martial focused than arcane. This wasn't any big problem though as there many ways to be useful to the clan.

The nomadic gria clans all worship various minor spirits, fey, lesser deities, and other beings. Not individually but as a whole, and for simplicity's sake just refer to them collectively as "Small Gods". For some reason lost to the sands of time, they refuse to worship any of the major deities. Pastelle herself was even chosen by these varied beings, after the appropriate rites, trials, and ceremonies of course, to be a conduit for their power in the lands of mortals. These summoners as the clans call such gifted people are equivalent to priests that other major diety worshipers have, but it has been noted that the way their magic is used and their aims are very different. Part of this is because the Small Gods are so varied in kind, power, and desires that a summoner's duty is to act on their behalf as a whole and in a general sense serve to remind mortals that these other beings exist and it is not only the major deities that have impact on their spiritual lives.
    Up until recently this wasn't much of a problem for anyone they interacted with.

And then the Crimson Order showed up and claimed a large portions of their lands while they were away. When they came back, the Crimson Order refused to honor their claim to the land and demanded they worship Vecna and give over half their herds to be allowed to stay.
    The clans, the Raptor clan no exception, violently refused.
    Unfortunately they were outnumbered and outmatched and worse still, the clans were not acting as one as these conflicts did not even occur at the same time as they each had their own migratory patterns.

In short order it became clear to the leaders of the Clan Raptor that this was not a fight they could win. So they sent the young, old, and the herd ahead with a portion of their fighting force while the majority acting as a rear guard. This fighting retreat lasted months before they were finally completely pushed out of their lands until they came to the borders of Pact lands.

Now with few lands left and most of their fighting force gone all the nomadic gria clans (at least the ones Pastelle knows of) are in disarray. Some are trying to make do with the few remaining lands they have left and trying to figure out how they can continue their way of life without the room to travel that they previously enjoyed, while trying to deal with other clans wishing to claim the same lands as their own.
    Some are trying to see if there are other places deeper in Pact lands or beyond the clans could move to.
    And some are simply taking refuge wherever they can.

Pastelle for her part has been bidden by the will of the Small Gods to travel to Mistspire. A place she knows at least some of her people have gone to. She is not quite sure what the Small Gods aims are in this, she hopes it has something to do with finding a new home for her people or managing some way of taking their lands back from the Crimson Order. Even if not, she plans on keeping an eye out for any such opportunities.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: backstory
    Show
    Goswin Coventoe and his family lived and tended to an old temple of Silvanus in the forest lowlands, along with several other families. Gos, his wife, and his 3 children lived modestly and as nature allowed, eschewing city life and its attendant ugliness and corruption for the forest and devotion to Silvanus.It all came crashing down one night when members of the Crimson Order came to call at his temple. They asked for allegiance to Vecna. They asked to allow their dirty and unnatural beasts safe passage through the forests. They asked to chop timber for their war machines. They asked...for everything. We we defiant and refused their "offer."The first wave of orcs came in the early morning hours, crashing down on the temple like a wave upon the shore. It didn't last long. In the end, Gos and his wife were trapped, backs to the river and in front, bodies of their friends littered around the field. With a nod to his wife, she pulled out hemlock sprigs and gave them to their children before taking one herself. As their slumping bodies fell to the ground, a robed Crimson Order figure came forward and motioned with his hands. A wall of force crashed into Gos, flinging him into the river. Gos surfaced 15 feet away and observed the robed figure making mystical passes in the air as the group of orcs backed up. To his horror, Gos saw some of the figures start moving - his friend Tighe and his wife, the blacksmith - and finally his own wife and their kids began to squirm, fingers clenching spasmodically, a horrible wailing arising from the bodies..."Silvanus no!" Gos screamed as darkness overtook him, the effects of the spell finally causing him to lose consciousness.

Required Backstory Pieces:

* Gos unsurprisingly opposes the Order. Despite claiming to work for the people, their wanton destruction, association with orcs and the undead, and their (assumed) raising of his family as undead servants has made Gos' resolve to kill them unquenchable.
    * As a neutral town, Gos has come to Mistspire to petition the rulers to officially oppose the Order, OR at the very least find those opposed to help him clear out his now-desecrated temple.
    * His long-term goal is to lay the bodies and spirits of as many of his family and friends to rest as he can...and destroy the Order where and when he can.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Varackx Aradrackx

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Varackx joined the Order as soon as he could. Ever since he was a child he had been fascinated by their politics of freedom, justice and progress. As a soldier under it, he always strove to help the people and fight off anyone who could be a threat to their peace. Even if some of the most radical (and there were a lot) mistreated him because of his blood that made look more like dragons, notoriously not in good terms with Vecna and their worshippers, he didn't care.

That's why the betrayal caught him by surprise. Calvarro Bramante, an half-orc necromancer captain of his squad, had him framed when Varackx discovered that he was a gang of criminals known as the "Bloody Reapers" to kidnap innocent people that would later end up as candidates for his experiments.
    When the gang was captured, Calvarro made it look like Varackx was calling the shots, hiding the truth about the existence of the experiments, and forcing him to run away in exile.

Spoiler: Important points:
    Show

- While he doesn't want to fight against the Order, he's got a bounty on his head and his supposed horrible crimes make him an object of hatred for the Order;
    - He found out that there's a secret agent of the Order with direct ties to Calvarro in Mistspire during his escape. If he could find them and make them talk, he could have proof of his deeds or at least know where to find it;
    - He wishes to clear his name- failing that, Varackx won't stop until he has at least made sure Calvarro pays for what he has done, with his life if need be.

EDIT: Ready
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-10 at 09:24 PM.

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Beware of Bites is recruiting!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: for brevity
    Show
    • was an Elf in the Order, a raid went bad, was killed by them, wants revenge
    • was brought back to life by a Pact druid in the body of a Loxodon, suspects this operative may be working out of Mistspire despite the neutrality
    • seeks to be returned to normal, or at the very least purpose and identity for the second chance he received

Spoiler: Embellished Recap
    Show
    He was a proud Elf with a lengthy yet unremarkable association with the Crimson Order and a devotee to the teachings of Vecna. While not truly a zealot, the populism and promises of life eternal made him a loyal servant until the moment his faction betrayed him and left him for dead. It is difficult now to recall what his purpose was in accompanying a raiding party on what was his final mission, but the memory of fire does not abate. He can't forget the face of the orc that struck him, nor the foul axe that sent him into the flames. The temple burned, he burned, and though he waited on his lord, death claimed him.

In the dreaming eons between lives, he only remembers the battle, and the battle was all that there was, and the days reeled as he fought and he died, and killed, and died, without end, and perhaps he is still there, forgetting his own true name in the sea of warriors, if not for the calling. His lord beckoned him to return. Or, so he thought. In another dreaming eon, he saw sky, and a chanting druid. He felt like ash, and now made of fire, and then breath and blood returning. And in agony he saw the enemy's mark - the emblem of the Golden Pact - and heard a voice ask many questions. He tried to answer, then to not answer, but he did not hear himself, rather, someone else spoke his words. Then the druid startled, and fled, and in the final eon were dreams of death, undeath, and life.

When he woke, he found himself on the alter of the charred temple where he had died only a day or so before. Something was on him, protrusions that glowed in the moonlight, attachments to his ears, weights clasped to his arms and legs! A mask?! Had they clad him in some burdensome suit as a means of torture? And what had they done to his eyes?

Gone was any distinction between night and day, and as realizations poured to fill every gap in his mind he saw himself upon the ruined floor, mostly consumed by the blaze - the corpse of the Elf he was, himself the wages of working for the Crimson Order. He then stood, looked at the dark hands at the end of the thick arms that stretched before him, inhaled through the repulsive tentacle that dominated his face, felt about himself at this...skin that sagged and rolled up all about him, and understood that for all his loyalty, his own faction had not restored him to this. They could not have, for this was his spirit in a new life. But what manner of life? "What AM I?"

From among the ashes he pieced together what remained of the effects of the life he knew. He was surprised to find his spell focus had survived, and his pack. He found a chest from the temple's stores with some items of use. Nearby, embers kindled the collapsed beams of the temple roof, and a freshly slain orc of the Order was burning, the fletching of Pact arrows stuck out like candles as he salvaged a bit of gear. He fashioned a pyre and placed his Elven remains on it. He stayed and watched until every last bit of his former being became smoke and dust. When he turned to leave the place, there was something on the alter which had not been there before: a book? A grimoire. Perhaps his maimed patron still had a use for him, though he vowed then and there that not only was his service to the Order at an end, but that he would enact his revenge on every Orc agent he met from then on. With reluctance, he collected the tome and set out for Mistspire, where he hoped answers might be found.

However, he hadn't even begun to consider the questions, and he still wasn't certain that he wasn't locked in a dream. He could not even remember his own name. His way was unguided, he wandered day and night, far from the road, before he came to a camp. It was an Orc camp, and he felt burning rage welling inside him, suddenly iced by children at play. Orc children. New life. "Dom! Dom!" they squealed at the sight of him - some slang term for a bull in their tongue - and laughed as they ran away. He could not harm such as these. There were warriors here, but no sign of the Crimson Order. The chief did not speak to him, but sized him up and spared him. The children brought him food. Nothing made sense.

This became his new normal: lumbering along the fringes of opposing societies on his way to the only place he might be able to find himself again. He now uses his skills and granted power to aid those in need, many of them refugees, in flagrant disregard of every tenet of his prior beliefs. Along the way he grows accustomed to his new existence and appendage, and delves ever deeper into the secrets found in his Book of Shadows. He struggles to adhere to identity, but if anyone asks this stranger his name, he simply answers, "Dom."

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2099473

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, the character should be completed, unless I missed some glaring faults. Which will have to wait, because it's 3:22 AM here.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ok, I'll quick pm the others and check if they want to get back in at the last second.

I'll also create an IC thread soon.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

So, everyone still here?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, still here.

14. - Top - End - #104

As far as I can tell.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I apologize for my lack of communication, there's really no excuse for it.

I have been very busy lately. I do not have the time to run this game, and to be completely honest I'm no longer interested.

The plan was to make it up as it went along, so any other dm could run this game. If you guys are still interested in playing and don't want your time to be wasted, I can find a replacement.

I'm very sorry I procrastinated in telling you this.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Ok, well...I guess I'll see about something else.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you for letting us know and apology accepted. I've certainly received much ruder treatment on the forums.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

thanks for letting me know.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I was a backup player for this but I would like to run it unless anyone has any problems with that.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

No problem whatsoever personally!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

How unexpected. I certainly have no objection to that.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

sure i'm game

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ok, Iíll start with three for now and pm the last guy

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Got the threads created, OOC, IC

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    I was a backup player for this but I would like to run it unless anyone has any problems with that.
    Go on ahead. I'm glad you guys are getting some use out of this.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Since the playground seems to be getting buggy again, should we get a backup running on Discord? On Ramsus' suggestion, it saved another campaign during the last board cataclysm.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you wrote in the wrong topic, but the answer is yes on my side.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-04-02 at 08:07 AM.