New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Pirates & Police

The Road Pirate doesn't answer any questions asked of him, and if searched for magical weaponry all that will be found are a bone electronic key fob, a bag of miscellaneous coins, mostly silver, a map drawn on a scrap of papyrus scroll, a solid block of iron with a keyhole in it and an ammonite.

The police might want to take his jacket off; other arrested Road Pirates have had extradimensional spaces sewn into their cut, ones accessible only by the person wearing it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Hey, C4, wait up!" Adir gets up to go after him, but doesn't follow close. He doesn't know who he just heard speaking through C4's mouth, but... "...just... call me if you figure this out, alright? Or even if you don't."
    C4 is not stopping or getting faster. At the door he stops for a moment.

"I don't think I have a word in this anymore." he says in a sad voice. Something isn't right here. He normaly freaks out when someone controlls his mind, but he didn't felt the typical force behind it. It was mostly like something inside of him just pulled a string. And that makes everything even more dangerouse for people he cares for. He needs to make Adir know that he has made a decission, something that isn't so obviouse. Didn't this voice talk about an oven? Sounded a bit crazy? Maybe he can...
    "Not unless someone locks me up in their basement with a cute foxgirl." he adds. A moment pass, but nothing happens. At least it was random enougth to go through. He then leaves through the door and heads for his bike.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Someone enters the tavern!

A beautiful woman in jeans and a t-shirt, with shoulder-length brown hair, walks in and takes a seat at the bar, looking uncomfortable. Jason is once again in the tavern, looking for information that could lead to a cure for her curse.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #274

[Curtained Dragons]

"Perhaps one of your proved yourself to them somehow. They might even have been their high priest for all you know." It looks like she is about to continue on this train of thought but suddenly...

"LIBRA APPEARS!" Libra decle

"No, no, no, none of that!"

"Hahah! What are you going to do against my new secret weapon, huh, Zee? I'm like completely invisible to you now!"

Ambrosia leans back in her chair, looking around for the source of the voice. There is some recognition there. She too seem to know Libra.

"I figured out how much of a cheat you are, you see. But two can play at that game. Now you can't see what I’m doing!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-04-08 at 03:56 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Carlie, the pregnant bunnygirl who arrived here earlier, and who probably (based solely on appearances) knows very little about curses or weird dragons or motorcycles, finishes the food that she had ordered. But still, she remains here to just enjoy the atmosphere because - to be honest - it's pretty nice. It's busy, it's noisy, and...it's nice.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zee has worked really hard to maintain the niceness and she appreciates the sentiment.

"Was there anything else I can get you, Carlie?" she asks pleasantly. And in nearly the same breath- "Hi Jason. How did the portal over in the bathroom turn out?"

She knows approximately how the portal in the bathroom turned out, but she's thinking maybe Jason would like to recount the adventure themselves.

Meanwhile!

It looks like the seraphim is about to say something else, but then Libra speaks up all of a sudden! She gives a long suffering sign and sort of... folds in on herself? There's really no other way to describe it. Once she's finished it's just a totally normal human barmaid again.

"I had thought about that," Zee admits. "But even if I found the original I wouldn't know for sure. I'm not even sure if I wasn't made up whole cloth. If you already know your memories are fabricated how are you supposed to trust anything?"

That said, she looks off toward... A disembodied voice?

"No one else can see what you're doing, either," Zee points out. Then adds, "Libra. I've heard her described as an oni before? For whatever reason she's gotten it into her head that I'm her rival."

Zee has absolutely no idea how that happened.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #277

Oh, does she want anything else? Carlie wonders. She needs to go shopping, but she doesn't want to get up just yet.

But, on the other hand, just sitting here and taking up space without ordering anything more would be kind-of rude...

Realizing that some of her hair has gotten loose, she brushes it back behind her ear. "Um."

She looks over a menu. "H-how about a dessert?" she suggests. Sure, those brownies are good, but she's not in the mood for chocolate right now. "You got...um...do you have, like, some sort of fruit bowl with condensed milk or something like that?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

"Hi Zee. It led to a room where a kid was being held captive. We released him, and the other woman took him somewhere to try and get him home." Jason explains what happened. "Can I get a beer please?" She requests.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #279

"Fruit bowl? Let me see what I've got. Hey Nina?" Zee replies, making a gesture toward Jason, who retrieves a beer for the super hero.

They've got quite a few different brews on tap but thankfully Zee invested in that randomize handle for people who don't specify what they want!

A dark ale with a strong head is delivered to Jason.

"Oh, I'm glad the fissure thing worked out. I was pretty relieved that it wasn't full of monsters or something," Zee says as she begins dicing a collection of fresh fruit. A little condensed milk, a little sprinkle of powdered sugar, aaaand-!

The bowl is set before Carlie.

"There you go! I don't think anyone has ordered this before so I hope it's okay."

Zee tries to do a good job of improvising with unusual orders.

Given how diverse their customer base is one can never guess what sort of odd things someone might want.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

"It was pretty straightforward, as these things go," Jason continues. She downs the beer quickly. "Lots of magic though. That's not really my area of expertise."

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #281

Wait, really? Nobody's ordered this before? But this is a really common dessert where she comes from, the kind that you make when you don't have enough time to make a longer one.

She supposes it's just one more point of difference between her home culture and here. After being in the Nexus this long, she had thought she'd already found and gotten used to the differences, but every so often something random like this pops up.

"It looks fine, and it's really easy to make anyway, so it's probably good." Really, the only way you can mess it up is by using really old fruit or by drowning them and making it too sweet.

She smiles to show that it's fine.
    Then, Carlie starts eating it, taking her time eating it because it's still just really an excuse to stay here.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Post-Pirate Calm]

Ashen collapsed back down his earlier size and shape, still glowing a bit.

"I'll take one, though I will need to be more careful what I leave unattended."

He should probably get back to the tavern, and avoid mentioning anything else valuable.

Especially that second one. One detour each visit would be more than enough action.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2020-04-08 at 09:16 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Studybun

"I mean, what is a witch besides a magic scientist?" Aimi laughed, before shaking her head. "I kid, I kid. Scientists don'tget the cool pointy hats, after all. Plus I bet magic's a whole different beast, even researching it." She smiled at Kyoko. "My name's Aimi. I, well, I used to run a café. But now I guess I'm between jobs."
    "Heh, I like how you think." She shrugs, tilting a hand in front of her. "From what I gather there's about the same level of complexity in, like, chemistry and all that, but magic has a lot more weird sortsa rules with not too much explanation behind em. Plus there's all sortsa different magical systems bouncing around in the Nexus, different ways they all see different materials... It's kinda fun figuring em out, to be honest." She raises an eyebrow and a smile plays over her lips. "So I guess I shouldn't invite you over for coffee, then? However I brew it will just pale in comparison to what you used to serve, I'd bet!"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

A man, previously deep in discussion with a small, rat-faced individual within a nearby booth, rises up and ventures towards the entrance to the tavern. He's a tall, auburn-haired aristocrat clad in fine beige trousers and an armored safari jacket. A gilded rifle hangs from a bandoleer worn over his chest, and a spiked pith helmet rests upon his balding head. Numerous pouches line a broad belt worn about his waist, and a dark brown cape is worn over his left shoulder. His weathered face is hidden beneath an enormous mustache, and his hazel eyes flicker in the light.

He tacks a poster into the wall by the entrance, taking a step afterwards in order to appreciate his handiwork. The poster appears to be an invitation of some sort. "Experienced hunters wanted!" Contact information has been posted on the lowest section of the poster.

--

The mustachioed man then makes his way over to the bar. "Barkeep, your finest malt whiskey! Furthermore, I demand a tale!" He smiles warmly, though the fact that one eye appears larger than the other is somewhat disarming.

Spoiler: Hunter
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-04-09 at 04:27 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

[Curtained Dragons]

Ambrosia hesitates on replying to Zee as that disembodied voice was still with them.

"Don't you ignore me! You totally violated my mind, that's why I'm upset with you!"

"Now I'll show you how upset I am!"

"Ahem Libra pokes Zee's nose!"

"Um, Libra pokes Zee's nose? Gosh darn it!"

The scholar waits a moment before she speaks up. "'Oni' isn't really-"
    "Hey Zee? Mind poking your nose?"
    "Zee suddenly is compelled to poke her own nose."
    "...I'm just gonna wait until she's done." Ambrosia leans back in her chair and crosses her arms over her chest. This might take a while...

16. - Top - End - #286

Studybun

"I wouldn't really know much about magic, or any of that stuff," Aimi says. "To tell you the truth, I used to hate magic, and basically everything about the Nexus. It took me a lot of examination to get over that," she said. "But it also means I didn't have much time to study it. It's kind of admirable to be able to just see all of this crazy puzzle and want to piece it together." She smiles back at Kyoko, and then other words wipe that smile off.

She nervously chuckles a little. "That's alright, It's not like you'd invite me over anyway! Besides, I make good coffee, sure, but it's nice to taste what other people make too."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Five people enter the tavern! Regulars might recognise them as members of an adventuring party that left a few days ago to investigate a cave. Not all the members, however; three are missing.

The first into the door is a tall orc wearing a battered suit of platemail. He's missing the helmet, revealing khaki skin and a broken tusk. He walks awkwardly due to extensive damage to his greave; it's been badly dented and there's a bloodstained hole in it as well. The rest of his suit isn't much better; it looks as though he got hit by a rock slide there's so many minor dents and scratches. He has an enchanted sword gleaming at his waist, gleaming and unmarred by whatever calamity has befallen him.

Next is a female halfling, wearing a dirty white dress under a thick leather apron. Her left eye is hidden under a bloodstained strip of cloth torn from her sleeve, and she's leaning heavily upon her spear. She's very pale; paler even than she usually is, and her deep red hair is slightly scorched on the left side of her head. A belt around her waist holds throwing knives, but nearly three quarters of them are missing, and the white-furred squirrel that habitually perched upon her shoulder is gone.

Third is a blue-skinned and bald Vedalken artificer, wearing thick work clothes. Their quiver is empty of crossbow bolts, and the complex double-bow is slung over their back, and damaged. Their right sleeve ends in a bloody torn mess, and is mostly empty. The party's healer did work; the amputation doesn't drip, despite being quite recent, but the Vedalken's stare into nothing suggests not all injuries are so easily sorted.

The penultimate member of the party is a Narnian Goat, slightly bigger than a normal goat, wearing chainmail draped over its back and with steel-tipped horns. Unlike the others, he seems relatively unharmed, and is the first to speak. "Hey, barke-eeeh-eep! Food and ahhhle for us, ple-eeeeh-ease." The goat bleats loudly and trots off to a table. Pulled on a sled behind them is the final member of the party, a weather beaten human woman wearing brown robes and with a tonsure haircut. She's wincing a little as the sled is crude and the ride is bumpy, as she's lying on their bags of supplies. Tattooed across her face is a cross taller than it is wide, with the cross-bar in the middle and radiating beams of light like a star. She's lying because both of her feet are missing.

18. - Top - End - #288

[Post-Pirate Calm]

Zee gives a nod, takes off her hat, reaches her arm into the hat up to the elbow, and pulls out a bike chain and lock.

Why did she have that in the first place?

"The combination is 1337," she informs the lunar champion as she hands the completely mundane piece of security equipment over. "I'll meetcha back inside!"

The pirate is, presumably, carted off by the cops. Who knows whether or not he'll escape for more daring and dastardly escapades!

Meanwhile!

"Yeah, magic is weird," Zee admits to the super hero. "I try to stick with messing with reality's debug menu. It's WAY less complicated."

How is that less complicated?

"And I'm glad it's good! I always get kind of nervous when I fix something new."

Also Meanwhile!

Zee doesn't poke her nose. Nor does she feel particularly compelled to do so. Instead, she just looks kind perturbed. Not angry, not upset. More like someone trying their best to be patient with an obnoxious child and only mostly succeeding.

Arms crossed. One finger tapping. Waiting for Libra to be done.

She's is pretty much one hundred percent sure that trying to explain worldlines to Libra wouldn't help. The entity's track record with understanding things isn't exactly great.

Still Yet Meanwhile!

The fellow in the pith helmet is provided with a glass of whisky. Whether it is the finest is up to interpretation but Zee likes this particular one the most so maybe this guy will as well?

"A tale?" she asks as the drink is offered. "Is there a particular sort of story you want to hear about? I haven't done much in the way of hunting so I don't know how interesting my tales would be."

She does have a few tales she could share but they're mostly weird Nexus stuff.

Also Still Yet Meanwhile!

And then a bunch of horrifically injured people arrive!

"Oh geeze..." Zee mutters. "Paige, get them their drinks. I'll go get a priest from Inari's."

And then she's off, sticking her head right through a nearby mirror and yelling into the temple beyond. "Hey! We've got some really badly hurt people in here! We need a healer and maybe a counselor, too."

It looks like that one guy took some San damage.

Then back to the adventurers! Zee's going to do what she can to repair some of the damage but her supply of reality-bending power it notably limited. Where's Kara? Shouldn't she and Navvy be home by now?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

"Most people would call what you do magic, Zee." Jason included. There's no sane way to explain it, and Zee's descriptions honestly seem like poor analogies for something far more arcane. "Can I get another one of those?" Maybe if she drinks enough, she'll forget how awkward she feels right now.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

A new person enters the tavern. Or it would be more accurate to say a new catperson entered the establishment, with long flowing black hair juxtaposed to her even longer, flowing black dress with white and green frills interspersed throughout. Her most striking feature beyond her coal-like furred ears and tail must be her left eye. It is covered by some kind of cybernetic eye patch glowing with three circular dots mimicking, but not quite matching, the red iris of her normal right eye.

The catgirl folds an umbrella up closed as she enters, though it was most certainly not raining outside when she entered, and hooks it over her arm, held out and up. Regardless of this dignified pose he holds herself with, she looks around the tavern with a measure of disdain, as if regretting entering the place in the first place. She almost certainly would turn and leave to find a classier joint, but a sharp rumble emitting from her belly forces her to swallow her pride and dive deeper, finding the cleanest open table she can (not nearly clean enough if you were to ask) and taking a seat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-04-14 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Meaning they lost three people, a squirrel, and an additional three limbs? Rough adventure.

A healer1 comes through the mirror portal, dressed in the sky-and-sea robes of a 3rd rank priest, silver rice icon worn around her neck. The priestess seems to be just a rather tall human with more feathers than humans normally have.
    Immediately, her attention is drawn to the glowing woman on the sled. Okay, none of these people seem to be immediately dying.
    "Oh dear. What happened to you all?"
    Out of the icon springs a tangle of light, which resolves itself into a pure white fox, which hops between the adventurers, assessing their injuries and other problems.

1 - Not, like, a serious green-uniformed medical professional. But someone with the granted power to heal, anyway. Most importantly, they were available to respond immediately. And can probably help with any Sanity damage too.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Post-Pirate Calm

He does not escape- not yet, at least. His escape vehicle needs to repair itself from more fire, shadow and their soul.

Adventurer's Trauma

And an eye, don't forget the eye!

The rays of light are part of the tattoo. The monk- a cleric of Meridia, Daedric Prince of Light- is not literally glowing. At least, not yet.

The orc's the one who speaks. "The Delve of the Glowing Prince. Someone slipped me a map last time I was here, led me to it. Wrote on the back the place was an armoury from the last war between Luminarch Prost and the armies of Hell. Bloody well-defended armoury. Drew a map, but it didn't help. Rooms change. Sister Qasnizara lost her feet when we tried crossing a bridge of cogs and wheels. They activated, she slipped, it crushed her foot, and then trying to free one the other got caught. Squirrelfoot got hit by a blast of hellfire, and Lallille used a key and triggered a bear trap in the door." He pauses, thinking. "Hjalti Grotiksson was sucked up a tube into the ceiling. Simone was killed by these... Knives with legs. And Greyanna didn't survive the rockfall. Craggy's unharmed; goats are lucky."

As far as injuries go, the orc has a recently repaired break in his lower leg, as well as severe bruising from the rockfall that dented his armour. Craggy the goat isn't unharmed, but besides mild bruises and a slight scrape on one leg, is fine. Squirrelfoot has a strained ankle, and the side of her face is severely burnt, destroying her eye and burning off one of her ears; that injury was inflicted by hellfire, and won't heal quickly. She also has a stab wound to her rib, that has been magically healed but bled a lot beforehand; she's still a little light on blood. Qasnizara has obviously lost both feet, one just above the ankle and the other nearly at the knee, but she's also got cracked ribs and some minor bruises, mostly from the sled. The Vedalken is missing an arm at the elbow, very cleanly, and has several recently healed arrow-wounds; they're mostly in shock over losing their dominant hand, particularly since they're a craftsman who relied on the dexterity of all twelve digits to make things.

23. - Top - End - #293

[Curtained Dragons]

"Zee's butt is kicked."

"...gah!"

"Don't you give me that look! I'm not leaving until you admit you did something wrong! I'm not just gonna take your "time-line-reading" or whatever you call it. I'm taking a stance against the Zeeranny today as no one else can or will."

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Meanwhile!

"And I'm glad it's good! I always get kind of nervous when I fix something new."
    [Meanwhile!1]

The bunnygirl Carlie smiles and thanks Zee and keeps on eating the fruit.

Lifting the fruit bowl in her hand, she twists to look at all the other people in and coming in the tavern - after all, she's still looking for an excuse to stick around. She doesn't particularly like shopping, so she's fine with putting it off. And going back to being stuck indoors in one place is something she really doesn't like, so she's okay with not going back to HALO just yet. She's already stuck as a bunnygirl, so willingly staying in place is something she hates.

She spots the adventurers, and the catgirl, and Zee getting kicked, an NPC cheating at cards in the corner, and...all of this is pretty interesting. She's glad she ordered something she can s l o w l y eat just to watch all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A new person enters the tavern. Or it would be more accurate to say a new catperson entered the establishment, with long flowing black hair juxtaposed to her even longer, flowing black dress with white and green frills interspersed throughout. Her most striking feature beyond her coal-like furred ears and tail must be her left eye. It is covered by some kind of cybernetic eye patch glowing with three circular dots mimicking, but not quite matching, the red iris of her normal right eye.

The catgirl folds an umbrella up closed as she enters, though it was most certainly not raining outside when she entered, and hooks it over her arm, held out and up. Regardless of this dignified pose he holds herself with, she looks around the tavern with a measure of disdain, as if regretting entering the place in the first place. She almost certainly would turn and leave to find a classier joint, but a sharp rumble emitting from her belly forces her to swallow her pride and dive deeper, finding the cleanest open table she can (not nearly clean enough if you were to ask) and taking a seat.

Spoiler
    Show
    getting bored of slowly eating, and figuring that people might think she's weird if she just eats and stares at people, she stands up.

Carlie walks over to the near-empty table with the catgirl. She probably picked her because they happen to have the same hair color. Or maybe because it would just be easy to start a conversation with her.
    "Hey, mind if I sit here?" she asks. Gesturing back at the table she came from, she adds, "I get lonely easily." She's still holding her condensed-milk-and-fruit dessert bowl.

Without a chance to object, she pulls out a chair and sits. "Thanks."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-04-15 at 09:56 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fruit Bunny]

The catgirl at first believes Carlie to be the help. She's all about to order too when Carlie invites herself to sit down and takes her own offer. The catgirl scowl, displeased, but does not stop the pregnant bunnygirl with word nor deed. "Very well..." She says so as to take up the pretense that she graciously allowed Carlie to join her. Because she's just that generous and stuff. The catgirl's eye wanders Carlie's form curiously, never being so debased as to openly stare, but definitely soaks in that swelling belly. She can't imagine allowing that to happen to her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #296

[Fruit Bunny]

Well, that's to be expected with bunnies but not cats: bunnies are known for having lots of babies and being associated with springtime; cats are known for being cute merciless hunters.

Carlie is glad that she has been graciously allowed to sit here.
    She takes a bite of a fruit.

"So what made you come here?" the bunnygirl asks, trying to start a conversation.

And then, the server Nina - a blue tiefling - comes by. While chewing bubblegum, she holds the clipboard against her hip while sticking it out, and asks the catgirl, "Hey. You gonna tell me what you want?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fruit Bunny]

Cats and bunnies may never see eye to eye.

"Well that's vague," the catgirl points out before attempting to answer anyways. "I entered this place in hopes of getting food. I'm in this city looking for the graveyard. To visit great aunt Cleo." An accomplished liar like Carlie might recognize the presence of untruth. "And even that's just passing through on my way to the mountains to meet with some like-minded individuals who have a coven I wish to join."

Ah the help arrives! Finally. Though, ugh, this is what qualifies as service? "Yes. Fetch me caviar with a light helping of minced onions on the side," the catgirl instructs Nina.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-04-17 at 06:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #298

"Many people would call a cell phone magic, too," Zee points out. "I think Mister Clark had something to say on that subject."

And then beer number two appears!

"So still no luck with the whole curse thing I take it? At least you don't seem to be contagious anymore," she observes. Clearly. Since no one in the tavern is getting their chromosomes rearranged.

[Adventure Trauma]

"Sounds like a mess... Sorry about your friends," Zee says as she gets to work helping what she can. Her abilities are, effectively, natural healing greatly accelerated. Since they can't purge curses or count as magical healing she likely won't be able to do anything about the hellfire wounds. Thankfully there's an actual priest nearby who might be able to do something about that. "Did you guys find anything down there besides an awful time?"

[Dragon Butt Kicking]

Well, Libra managed to accomplish something! A swift kick in the rear. While Zee is sitting in a booth.

Tricky stuff.

Some glowering follows.

"Libra, it's the only way I can see things. The only way I would be able to stop is if I left and never came back."

And that wouldn't be much fun at all.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

"No, no luck with the curse, or I wouldn't look like this." Jason glances self-consciously at her body. "I got it to stop spreading, but that's it." Jason drinks her beer and sighs. "At some point I'm just going to have to stop looking for a cure and get on with my life, but I don't know when." She hopes it never comes to that.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #300

[Fruit Bunny]

Vague questions are good because then no matter how the other person interprets it, they can still answer it.
    ...so long as they don't try to answer every interpretation. Then it just gets weird.

Nina, in spite of having something to write on, doesn't actually write down the order. "Yeah, yeah. Got it," she says.
    She turns and shouts over to the kitchen: "Hey! Drop some buckshot and pin a rose in it!" she shouts. There's some indistinct talking in response. "Yeah, hashed!" Apparently completely unrelated to what was ordered.

"Oh, I see," Carlie says in this break of time. "You're a witch? Or something like that?"

Then,
    Nina turns back to the catgirl. "Anything to drink?" she asks after a few more bubblegum chews. "We got water, Llamonade, Fox Cola, and Root Beer." Plus a bunch of other stuff but you'd have to look at the menu because she's not going to tell you them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.