New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Sekhmet should be able to tell that there's a hiveling here, in one of the dark corners.
    She won't be able to see them, because unlike Spike, this stalker sees no reason to project themselves into the perception of others.

Don't worry about them being here. Enjoy your date. I'm sure it won't be a problem.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Dragon Butt Kicking]

"I apologize for the laws of the cosmos and their convoluted nature," Zee replies with a long suffering sigh. "I read things and then I construct a proxy that I can interact with based on what I read. That's all there is to it. I can't decide what I do or don't pick up. I don't have any control over that."

A beat.

"Why are you dressed like a djin?"
    [Dragon Butt Kicking]

"Dressed like a what?" Libra looks down at herself. "I was told this was genie clothes yet people keep calling me that." She laments. "I just thought it would go with the whole 'wish' thing but these days people don't even seem to want that anymore."

Ambrosia have only raised an eyebrow at Libra's sudden appearance but doesn't comment on it.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

"I... I don't know. I don't know what to suggest, I'm... A little stuck here, I'm afraid." Prumathe's thinking, but he can't think of anything to reassure her with.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet looks suddenly worried. There's one of them here. Come to think of it, the last time she was here was...

The day she was transformed.

Prumathe can probably see her sudden unease at the thought.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

[Chidi and Jason]

Chidi returns to Trog's after his rest at MERC for some R&R! He's a tall, dark and handsome muscular African man with low-cut black wavy hair, a moustache, light hot pink sclera and dark hot pink eyes. He's dressed in his form-fitting grey sweater, khaki trousers and combat boots.

He chooses a seat at the bar next to Jason and orders a beer, which he starts sipping when it arrives. Looking around, he notices a curvy Jason sitting next to him. "Why, hello there!" He says, with some interest and a lot of friendliness.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Jason and Chidi

Jason looks up from her drink in surprise."Oh! Hello." She seems rather uncomfortable with the sudden interest in her.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

Jason and Chidi

Chidi senses her seeming discomfort. "Don't be alarmed, I just think you're beautiful. I'm just here to meet new people, no funny business. I'm Chidi, and you are?" After trying to ease her discomfort, he introduces himself and offers a hand to shake.
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Jason and Chidi

He's interested in her because of her appearance. That's awkward. To be fair, Jason is very beautiful by most standards. Even she knows it. She's just not supposed to be a woman at all, and it's not very comfortable for someone to look at her like that. "I'm Ja..." it would be a bit awkward to use her real name. She quickly thinks of a pseudonym instead. "..de. Jade." She was already wondering if she should take a woman's name while she's transformed. Looks like she just accidentally made that decision. She shakes Chidi's hand.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #339
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Nice to meet you, Jade." Chidi smiles, letting her hand go after the appropriate amount of time. "That's a lovely name. Are you new to the Nexus, like I am?" He asks, oblivious to her inner turmoil. "I'm a soldier, so I just joined MERC, but I don't know my way around too well."
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Jason Jade And Chidi

"Thanks." Jade replies. "No, I've been here a while. I'm a sort of adventurer, I suppose." She hasn't done any of that since she was cursed though. It put a damper on most of her life.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #341
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade And Chidi

"Oh, really?" Chidi is suddenly more interested. Adventuring is fun, after all. "Which kind, any specific class? And do you have powers? Where I'm from, everyone manifests some sort of power, mine's over soundwaves."
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

Jade seems surprised. "Class?" Isn't that for video games? It's not a term that gets used to describe things in real life where she's from. "No, I don't have any powers." Although that's not entirely true. She has no powers that have any visible effect like that, but some would consider super-science a power in its own right.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Prumathe notices, and realises it's not entirely down to him not having suggestions. "What's up Sekhmet? What's wrong?" He looks around, to see if an obvious Hiveling has walked in. It's... not particularly subtle of him.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"I mean type. Which type of adventurer: superhero, rogue, something else?" Chidi explains. He nods when she reveals she has no powers. "One doesn't need powers to be an effective fighter, but it certainly does help. Science and technology is another useful aspect. For instance, I'm really good at building and using any kind of weapon. And, I'm a musician, too."

He takes another sip of his beer. "Does one ever get used to all this?" He says, making a waving motion over the surroundings. "Things I thought to be in the realm of fiction, or impossible. I know a young man from my world who was here for a couple of years. He was magically turned into a girl, but it wore off after a couple of years. Wouldn't believe such a thing were possible if I didn't see pictures. Can you imagine?" Mirai's story still amazes him anytime he thinks of it.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet and Prumathe

"It's nothing," Sekhmet replies, snapping out of her focus. "Let's not worry about it." The stalker probably isn't there to watch them. Probably. It's fine.

Jade and Chidi

"I guess you could say I'm a superhero," Jade answers. "Yes, there's always something new and unexpected." Then Chidi mentions a guy who got turned into a lady, and a strange expression comes over her face. If he knows that can happen, he probably would be a bit more understanding to her plight than she expected. "Er, that happened to me too."

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Superhero! If not with powers, then what... gadgets? Chemicals and serums?" He begins to question with nerdish excitement.

When Jade says that happened to her too, Chidi pauses to look at her. That strange expression on her face can only mean... "You're a gender-swapped guy?" He asks, eyes wide. That explains the discomfort vibes he's been getting from her. He obviously finds her attractive, even if he's taken care to tone down the more obvious expressions of that... and then he understands. "I'm so sorry, man. I didn't know. Obviously. Man, that must be rough. What happened? Wanna talk about it?" He asks, sympathetically, wanting to help in some way.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

"Do you want to go for a walk, would that make you feel better? Or go get some ice cream, there's a place I know not far from here in Inside. I don't think I've taken you there before." There's something here making Sekhmet uncomfortable, he doesn't know what it is, but maybe he can lure her away and get ice cream at the same time. Hopefully it'll make her feel better. Ice cream usually does that.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Sure. I'll talk," Jade replies. Honestly, having someone to talk to about all this would be good. "I've been a woman for five days now. Some idiot set off a contagious curse in a crowded tavern. The effect was to change everyone into attractive members of the opposite sex. It's not contagious anymore, but as far as I know, it's permanent. So I'm stuck like this unless I can find a cure." She glances down at her chest awkwardly.

Sekhmet and Prumathe

"Uh, yes. Ice cream sounds good." Hopefully the stalker doesn't follow them. Sekhmet doesn't think it's there for them, and she hopes it's not. Getting some time away from the hive would be very relaxing. Being followed around by them would be stressful.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

Chidi listens closely, appalled by the behaviour of the curse-spreading idiot. He can't help but be relieved it's not contagious anymore, he didn't come to the Nexus just to have his life upended by an unwanted genderbend. This makes him much more understanding of Jade's plight - and Mirai, before. "That sucks a lot. Perhaps I should tell you more about Mirai's case, and that'll help?" He places a friendly and comforting hand on her shoulder, a bit gingerly. It's meant to put her at ease, but he'll remove it if she shows signs of discomfort.

"While saving a rather jumpy ninja from a bull monster, a magic potion hit him that turned him into a busty young woman. He was informed the effect would wear off after some years, which it did, with the help of an Unpotion. According to him, during that period, he became a heavy drinker. I'd say the first step is finding out if it is truly permanent." He takes another sip of his beer, then turns his body to face her. "I'm willing to help you find a cure. I doubt an Unpotion would help, for it only works on potion effects." They don't call him The Doer for nothing.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"That would be good. I don't know the first thing about curses." Or anything magical, really. The hand on Jade's shoulder is a little reassuring, as long as it stays there. "I know that just doing something to turn me back into a guy won't work. The curse stops my appearance from being significantly altered."

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #351
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Me neither, honestly, but I can't stand to see someone who needs help, without trying to do anything about it." Chidi keeps his hand there, shaking it gently from side to side in a motion meant to reassure her further. "So, that means the only way to undo the curse is to find the specific cure to this curse? Any idea where to start?"
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Actually, I'm looking for some sort of alternate cure or workaround. I know the specific cure, but it's kind of impossible." Jade explains.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Why, what is it? Perhaps we can figure out a workaround." Chidi suggests. Since she's not said what the cure is, however, he can't do anything to that effect yet.

He's guessing the cure either requires the caster, or is too embarrassing to carry out... if not outright impossible, like she says.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"I have to find the woman who passed the curse to me, and make out with her, Jade explains, "But I only know what she looks like, not who she is, and there are millions of people in this city. And she might not even be a woman anymore."

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #355
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

Chidi exhales and takes a drink, taking his hand off so he can rub his temples. "That complicates things. I'm guessing she has no features that make her instantly recognizable." Turns out, it's all three. Make out with someone you don't know, with only their appearance to go off of should one start a search. "That's like finding a needle in a haystack. Any workarounds would be a shot in the dark, even if it were possible. I'm sorry, Jade, I'm very much willing to help, but I don't even know where to start."

However, if he can't do anything to even point her in the right direction, there's something he can do, and that's to attempt to lift her spirits. Of course, he's going to try and find a way to help Jade, but first things first. "Is there at least anything I can do to lift your spirits? I don't like seeing you so sad and down. A drink, or some friendship? Some music, perhaps?"
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Maybe..." Jade says. She thinks. "You have powers, right? Could you come with me on patrol tonight? Keep me company, help if I slip up?" She hasn't gone out superheroing since she got cursed, partly because she wasn't used to her body, and partly because she needed to modify her equipment.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

Sekhmet & Prumathe

"Come on then." Prumathe smiles after he's paid Paige, and will lead Sekhmet to Sweet Dreams Ice Creams in Inside.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet and Prumathe

"Okay," Sekhmet smiles back and follows Prumathe out, hoping the Hiveling doesn't follow.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

Chidi nods, that he can do. "Of course. I'll be happy to help." He drinks out of his cup, so that the next drink will drain the glass in case they need to leave now. "Just say when, and where. Are you a member of one of the organizations here?" He asks, just in case.
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Jade and Chidi

"Great! Meet me tonight at this address." Jade pulls a pen and paper out of the back pocket of her jeans and scribbles an Inside address down. They don't need to leave just yet. "I'm officially with NERD, but we haven't done much." The organization has been deadtimed for quite some time.

My Nexus characters