New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Jade's handshake is unexpectedly firm. "Just be glad you got a body you wanted. Not everyone is so lucky." It's pretty clear she's talking about herself.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #512
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hitting the sauce a little too hard there, aren't you?" A voice says to Jade, sitting beside her.

It's Mirai! He's a man with a lean muscular build, with chocolate brown skin, black hair in a short afro, black sclera and amber eyes. His eyes have epicanthal folds in a manner that makes him look half-Japanese... which he is. He's dressed in black pants trousers, a blue shirt with a yellow lightning bolt on it and Japanese-style wooden slippers. He wears a black wedding band with green designs on it, on the top is written Z&M. There are also some beads on his left arm, looking rather high-tech. "Jade, I presume? I'm Mirai, Chidi told me about you. I thought it best I come find you to chat."

He raises up his left hand, palm up, and an holographic screen emanates from the beads, showing a Home screen not unlike a smartphone. Navigating to pictures, he scrolls until he finds what he's looking for. "Just for proof, that's me." That, in this case, is a female version of him, wearing ninja gear and posing for the camera. She's sitting at Trog's, a bottle of strong drink in her hand, and she has a voluptuous figure and large breasts. She smiles drunkenly, but there's a hint of sadness in those eyes. "So, yeah, I know what you're going through right now."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey! Chidi told me about you too." Jade looks at the picture, then involuntarily glances at her own voluptuous figure. "Can I talk to you about it? I haven't met another guy who's been like this." She has a lot of questions about her new self, especially for a former guy-turned-girl.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #514
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah, ask away. That's why I'm here, after all." Mirai responds with a friendly smile, ordering some light beer. "I'll answer as best as I can, though the beginning phase where I felt the most awkward about myself happened before I left Seaside to explore the Nexus, proper." Doesn't mean it never happened, though.
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

"Before I ask more specific questions, I guess I should ask. What did you think of the experience? How did you feel when it first happened? What about at the time you were cured?" Jade asks. "How did you cope? Did you take on, um, feminine habits?" Like Jade's doing with the clothes.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh hey.

G'nichi is imagining himself flexing.

That isn't even a little bit silly.

Okay.

Working.

Zee gives her hand a shake and it isn't a hand anymore. It looks more like a cross between a deer's hoof and a dragon's claw, covered in crystalline amber colored scales and shimmering with internal iridescence. Solar flames begins licking along the limb, cords and filaments of plasma winding across it. The very air around her becomes vaguely incandescent.

And then?

She'll boop G'nichi's snoot again.

This time, though, that heavenly flame with wash over and through him. It rearranges anatomy, rapidly erasing the vestigial wings.

It doesn't hurt.

But it DOES feel really hot. Like laying on a nice flat rock on a warm, sunny day.

The feeling will only last a few seconds and when it is all over the wings should be gone.

Fancy.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Mmm. Sunbathing. He should probably be alarmed by Zee strange limb but he is just going to force himself not to ask questions about it. What he does know is that he can roll his shoulders now without extra burdens. He also looks a little silly with his shirt with useless back-holes. He can reach back there a little better now, but he still has trouble reaching the buttons to close them.
    ”Ah, free at last. Now I can go to regular stores for shirts instead of custom tailors! I should go shopping. Tell the wyrmlings to visit sometime. I might get a new place to show them soon. I kind of outgrew my house.” He seems entirely positive about that though. He can’t wait to go shopping and have one less thing to worry about.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #518
    Pixie in the Playground

Mirai sighs as he ponders the questions. "Those are good questions... Imma take 'em one at a time. I talk a lot, so be prepared."

First, what he thinks of the experience. "It was an interesting one, but I'm glad it's over with. I admit I had some fun times, living as a lesbian... but I prefer being a man. Always have been, deep down... no surprise I was a tomboy." After a short pause, he elaborates on something he said. "Speaking of lesbian, if you were a straight male, you might wanna go that route as well. Unless you wanna try men." Then he bursts out into laughter. "If you're anything like me, that's out of the question."

Focus, Mirai, and answer her other questions. "When it first happened... I was pissed. I'd just landed in the Nexus, rescued someone from a charging beast and then the potion hit me and... though it was an accident, it was still without my consent. I wanted to be changed back, and all I got was that it'd wear off in a number of years. Just about electrocuted the one who was responsible." He generates an arc of blue electricity between his hands. "I coped with a lot of alcohol, a lot of adventuring the Nexus outside of Seaside and a lot of good friends around me. Adventuring, it's how I met my wife." A warning, though. "Don't be like me and become a drunk. It's hard to stop when you start hitting it that hard... especially if you don't have a cybernetic liver like I do." Electrokinetic who drinks a lot, might as well turn that liver into a means to generate more electricity. "You can't tell by looking, but I have a lot of internal cybernetics."

As for the other questions... "I was a pretty tomboyish girl. Had to relearn how to use my body, account for less upper-body strength, the increased chest weight and more agility. Learning to use makeup and a bra... to fend off random dudes hitting on me... to dress more feminine. Like this..." He shows Jade a few pictures of his female self's ninja wear: sleeveless top, fingerless gloves covering the lower arm, trousers and shoes; and one of his current one, which is much like the one Chidi wore to their first patrol. Both phases, weapon of choice is always somewhere in the picture: a bo staff. "The first and last time I tried a revealing dress with a skirt, I felt like crawling out of my skin. Of course, I had the benefit of knowing it'd wear off eventually, so I tried to let myself enjoy it while it lasted... operative word being tried. I've never felt like a girl, I've always been a man deep down and anything else just felt wrong. So of course I defaulted to lesbian tomboy, never stopped looking for a way to speed up my recovery, and jumped at the chance to fix it for good." He exhales, pausing to let Jade respond and have a couple gulps of his beer.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-03 at 09:56 AM.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm not sure I want to try doing that at all. Was it worth it?" Jade glances down at herself. "I had to get used to much the same thing." Heavy chest, weaker upper body, more flexibility. "As for, um, clothes," Really Jade's dress speaks for her on that. "I don't find them that bad. If I'm stuck like this, I might as well be a bit feminine. It's an interesting new experience." She pulls her own phone out of her purse and shows Mirai a photo of her own, an image of herself in a green bikini, with the ocean in the background. She's smiling uncomfortably. "I did this, um, for the experience. I wanted to see what it was like. But afterwards, I found I could wear anything and not feel awkward about it." like this dress, for instance. "The worst part is probably the height. I lost 9 inches when I was cursed. There's so much I can't reach anymore."

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #520
    Pixie in the Playground

"I don't expect you to. I'd be really surprised if you did, especially at this early stage. Straight guys turned girls nearly always end up being lesbians, I've found." Mirai smiles, trying to put her at ease. "I think you wear that dress well. We may have similar experiences, but we're ultimately different people. To be honest, despite never being totally comfortable and jumping at chances to fix it, I had to learn to take advantage of it, to adjust as best as I could. Wasn't a big fan of dresses or skirts, so I stuck to sleeveless tops and feminine trousers."

He looks at the picture and nods with a smile. "Bikinis. I preferred one-piece swimsuits. Didn't mind so much because it's no different to wearing trunks as a guy, only you have to cover your chest as well. I can relate with that, trying something at least once and learning to cope with it. I know some who never adjust... get changed and just go right on continuing like they never did. I tried to enjoy the new experience, and it seems you're having better luck than I." He pauses, licking his lips. "I admit that despite my desire to not have a repeat occurrence... yeah, it was an interesting experience."

When height comes up, however, he groans, relating with her. "Oh, the height! I lost 9 inches as well, a head shorter than ususal. About a little taller than my little sister's current height, she's 16. That sucked. Unless the thing was magnetic, in which case my powers helped."
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

"I met a few people who helped me get accustomed to... All this. Before I started trying, um, woman things, I was pretty depressed." Jade shrugs. "I guess I realized I couldn't let it ruin my life. If I kept spending all my time wishing I could be a man, I would be letting the curse win. So I decided to give being a woman a try." She had help coming to this decision. "What would you say was the best thing about being female? What would you recommend I, as a new woman, try?"

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #522
    Pixie in the Playground

Mirai takes a gulp out of his drink and says something before answering her questions. "Based on my experiences with genderbent people in the Nexus, I've noticed several reactions. Some come to enjoy their new gender and decide not to change back... seems like you might be going that route to me, but it's too early to tell. Others, like me, angst about it, begrudgingly learn to cope but jump at the chance to make things right. Others still never attempt to try, and carry on living as their original gender, refusing to acknowledge the genderswap. And that's not counting shapeshifters who identify with their birth gender but are comfortable sexshifting if necessary." He sighs and shrugs. "I have a little sister and friends who tried to encourage me to try and get accustomed to things... helped me continue to try living my life regardless. Never stopped getting depressive bouts, medicated with a lot of booze... I just got better at not letting it get in the way of living my life. Y'know: working, socializing, seeking something that'd expedite the process of it wearing off..."

He smiles. "I'm glad it did. I still had troubles upon changing back, because I can never change the fact that I spent years as a woman against my will... but I'm glad it wore off. I wouldn't be married to my bestie-turned-wife if so. I'm her type of man, a dominant one... but she preferred her girls submissive, and I was anything but that." His smile grows wider, and he fingers his wedding ring. "We're expecting our first born soon!"

That's a rather hard one, her question. Mirai's silent for a little while, rubbing his trimmed beard. "Hmm... to start with, the worst thing about being female is random guys hitting on you. Apologies on Bro Chidi's behalf, by the by, he's a bit of a slut. I helped cure him of any remaining attraction for you by telling him exactly how it felt on my end." As for the best thing? "The best thing, in retrospect... curtains. Feels different in a good way. Also, putting on makeup." The latter's a reluctant admission. "I never used to powder my face until I became a girl. Now I do it every morning. I can help you with that, too."
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

"I wouldn't mind learning how to do my makeup." It's one thing Jade hasn't tried yet. "You could show me?" She's not going to talk about curtains right now. She's not ready for that. She might not ever be.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #524
    Pixie in the Playground

Mirai finishes his beer in several gulps, and gets another one. "Of course, I'd be glad to help. I do my wife's makeup sometimes. If you want the full feminine experience, you can't go wrong with makeup." He studies her face, already deciding what colours would look best. "I'm a handsome guy, I've been told. I didn't mind it translating into beautiful woman. Some aren't so lucky."

He hesitates, almost like he doesn't want to admit this next part to himself. So, he quaffs his beer and asks for another one yet again. "Sorry about all the drinking... talking about it is therapeutic, but admitting certain things is hard. For instance, that I miss makeup. Sometimes, I still just put it on my face, then wash it afterwards. It's the one thing I miss about being a woman."
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

"I know what you mean," Jade replies. "Honestly, I guess I kinda enjoy looking good as a woman. I wasn't exactly attractive as a guy, but now I really turn heads. I like the attention, sometimes. Other times..." she shudders, thinking of the way men sometimes look at her. She notices Mirai studying her face. "What do you think? Of the makeup, I mean."

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #526
    Pixie in the Playground

"It's fun sometimes, right? You turn the heads of both men and women." Mirai nods, agreeing with her and starting to talk more about it. "Applied right, makeup brings out the attractive elements of your face, makes you more pretty to look at. The attention you get from people... it can be a bit exhilarating. Of course, both genders can be creeps and perverts... remember that."

He pats her back when she shudders, understanding completely. After looking at her face, he makes a declaration. "By the time I'm done with you, you'll find yourself falling for your image in the mirror, you'll be that pretty. Going out like that at first will be awkward, but you'll get used to it."
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm glad to hear you felt the same way." Jade wasn't sure if she should enjoy feeling pretty or not, but Mirai talking about it makes her a bit more reassured. "I'm interested to see what the results are." Following his declaration, she's ready to have her makeup done.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

Mirai smiles. "Yeah, I admit it, I liked feeling pretty, and the attention it brought. Most of it, anyway. It's had a lasting effect, I'm much more cognizant of my physical appearance now. There are ways to always look handsome everyday as a male, without makeup." He has a wife to impress after all, even though they love each other for what they have inside.

He foresaw this coming, though, and as part of his preparation to come here, bought some makeup from the store based on Chidi's description of her. Looking at her, he's glad he chose the right colours. The holographic screen comes up again, showing his inventory. After selecting the makeup bag, it materializes in his hands. "Let's find an unoccupied table to sit, come with me." He leads her to one, taking his drink with him, and spreads the contents of the makeup bag over the table. There's eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and lip gloss, blushes, foundation and concealer; as well as applicators for the ones that don't come with any. There's also a mirror, which he sets up on the table.

He sits so he's facing her, and bids her to do the same. His breath smells of mint. "I'll apply foundation first. This'll create an even, uniform colour to your face. It serves as the base for everything else." He starts by applying the foundation over her entire face. "So, Jade. I assume that's a pseudonym, would you mind telling me your real name? I went by Hotaru as a girl... it's a unisex name, though, as is Mirai." He finishes, putting down the foundation and picking up a concealer.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Jade follows Chidi to the table. She sits down and listens closely to his explanation, allowing him to apply the foundation to her face. "Jason. My real name's Jason."

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #530
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hmm, Jason... Cool name, both of them." Mirai nods with a smile. "Really, I shoulda started with cleansing your face and applying moisturizer and makeup primer... but you can do that yourself for next time. They're also in the bag..." He applies concealer it around her eyes and around the edges of her nose.

After that's done, he applies a light pink blush to her cheeks, makeup pencil to her eyebrows, pale pink eyeshadow on her eyelids and black eyeliner. He works really fast, slow enough that she'll see what he's doing, but fast enough that it'd take less time than it normally would. "Kit's yours, by the way. Figured I'd save you the trouble of looking for what to buy." Black mascara follows, then the eyes are done.

"Time for the lips. So, you're a superhero? Bro Chidi spoke highly of your skills and willingness to rescue people. Now that his little crush is gone, I can vouch for him that he'd make a great friend and partner." The 21-year old says. "I'm a ninja, myself."
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Jade looks appreciative. "Thanks for helping him get over it. He's pretty skilled too. It was just uncomfortable to work with someone who keeps looking at me like that." Jade allows the additional makeup to be applied, and keeps glancing in the mirror to see her appearance taking shape.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #532
    Pixie in the Playground

"No problem, Jade! Trust me, I know all too well. Can even sour your opinion of an otherwise-great person." Mirai responds, talking from experience. He starts on her lips, first applying lip liner the same shade as the lipstick, which is rose-coloured. "Next time that happens, be assertive about it. Saying so if you dislike it helps... most times. Some people won't read between the lines, you have to be blunt with them."

"There, done." He looks into her eyes, smiles, and turns her to face the mirror, where she should see a prettied-up Jade staring back at her. "I was crappy at it the first time I did my makeup... so I practiced and practiced so much that now I'm as good as my wife, if not better. The kit also contains makeup remover and cotton swabs so you can get it off. Never sleep with makeup on, it clogs your pores and can cause breakouts." He advises. "So, what do you think?"

Between the superb job he's done and it being the first time she's seen herself in makeup, it'd probably take her a while to respond...
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Jade looks at herself in the mirror. Her face drops into a surprised expression. She tilts her head this way and that, seeing herself from different angles. "Wow. I'm beautiful." She continues to stare into the mirror. Looks like Mirai's prediction was right.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #534
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yes... yes you are, Jade." Mirai agrees, placing the contents back into the makeup kit bag and pushing it towards Jade. He lets her admire herself for a while longer, then continues speaking. "Like I said, it's yours... though..." He thinks for a bit. "... if you want, you can practice on my face. I don't mind. Then I'll use the makeup remover in front of you... which is easy enough to do, but I wanna give you the whole experience without removing your makeup."
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

"I can try that. But I'm not going to be very good at it." Jade takes the bag and rummages through it for the foundation. She'll try to apply it to Mirai's face as best she can, then move on to the concealer. She's primarily just mimicking the actions he took on her, and not very well.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

"I wasn't either, at first... but practice makes perfect." Mirai says encouragingly, not expecting a superb job. The aim is to get her to do it at least once. "I have a question... a sensitive one... how do you feel about your breasts?"
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm not sure. They took a lot of getting used to," Jade begins. She gently touches her chest as she thinks about it. "They're too big, and kinda awkward. But at the same time..." She finds this bit harder to discuss. "I guess eventually I started feeling possessive of them. They're oversized and unfamiliar, but they're my boobs, you know? Why do you ask?"

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

"I had major dysphoria as a female. Like I've said already, I begrudgingly tried to accept it, gradually succeeding... though I jumped at every chance to restore myself. Now I'm male again, I'm happy, but... I've come to realize that there are aspects of being a woman I kinda miss, if only a little bit. Like using makeup, or... or..." Mirai pauses, then looks down at his chest. "... having breasts. I don't want them back, and yet, I miss my breasts. That doesn't make sense, does it?"

He looks at Jade, sadly. "It feels weird. I thought all the troubles would be over upon returning to my true self, but the effects still linger."
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

"It's not an experience most people have," Jade replies, "It makes sense that it would leave a mark on who you are." By now she's finished with the face and moved on to the eyes, trying to apply eyeliner. When she talks, her hand shakes a little, messing up some of the lines.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah, I guess so." Mirai says, feeling a bit upset. "Look at me, being a downer. Sorry about that." He attempts to change the topic. "So, I hear you're an electrical engineer! Me too! I didn't train in a school, but my uncle got me interested in it after I was orphaned at 10. The fact that I can bend electricity helps a lot, but... we should exchange tips, sometime. Did you study, or are you just a whiz like I?"
    Love is the message.